J & L Catering Reviews

72 | Medway, MA

72 Reviews for J & L Catering

Rebecca · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible value, quality & service!

John was the best caterer we could have asked for. Throughout the planning process, he was always responsive, helpful and accommodating. He offered us the perfect menu with flexibility and excellent pricing. Day-of, the J&L team ensured everything stayed on schedule and went smoothly, took care of my gluten free guests, and personally handed out fresh cookies for dessert . We received tons of compliments on the food and were sent home with lots of delicious leftovers. I can't recommend J&L enough!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Jennifer Boyle · Married on 06/29/2019

Best caterers around!

J&L did an outstanding job providing us with delicious food for our guests to enjoy at our outdoor wedding. Throughout the planning process, J&L were swift to respond to any questions we had. J&L were incredibly friendly and professional, reflecting a true pride in their work. We highly recommend J&L to cater any special event!

Sent on 12/04/2019

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Jen! We really appreciate your kind words. You were a pleasure to work with, too! We wish you the best and a happy life together!

Mike Flanagan · Married on 06/09/2019

Great job for bridal shower.

John and his team did a wonderful job catering our Bridal shower in June, 2019. He was extremely helpful during the planning process, helping us determine the right amount of food and a perfect mix of options for our large event. Everything ran extremely smoothly during setup and throughout the shower. His staff was attentive and efficient and he checked in with my wife and I throughout the day. Numerous guests remarked on the food and asked for his card so they could use him in the future Thank you John and team at J&L!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Alanna · Married on 10/05/2018

John and his team are the best!!

When beginning the process of wedding planning I looked into the venue first, and then immediately began looking for a caterer. I had done a quick google search and found J&L Catering which to my surprise had lots of experience at my venue. John got in contact with us shortly after we contacted him. He is quick to reply to all questions and concerns, and went above and beyond to make sure our day became the best day of our lives.

John put together an amazing Southern BBQ menu for us which included all our favorite BBQ selections such as baked mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, pulled pork, cajun vegetables, and jerk chicken. The mashed potatoes were so good my bridesmaid claimed a whole tray to herself on the ride back to the hotel on the bus. My husband and I often asked him for guidance around ordering plastic ware, dishes, glassware, and linens. John was able to tell us exactly what we needed and was open to us asking lots of questions. He recommended an amazing bartending service, which with whom he had worked with before at the venue.

On the day of, he arrived to the venue very early to begin set up. His servers were amazing, he was very personable and energetic, and made sure my husband and I got appetizers to enjoy during cocktail hour while taking pictures. He hand delivered our meals to our sweetheart table and checked in with us to make sure all was well. John even went so above and beyond to have melted butter for my husband’s mashed potatoes (the husband loves butter!) We would highly recommend John and his team. They made our day run so smoothly and took all the worry away from us.

Sent on 10/29/2018

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Alanna! We're so happy you loved our food and service. We had a fabulous time working with you, too- congratulations again and we wish you the best!

Rebecca · Married on 09/01/2018

Like many brides, I began the tedious process of searching for a caterer for our upcoming wedding. I spoke to several catering companies that resided in the Boston area but their pricing for one night was far too expensive considering our wedding was going to span three full days for all guests. I continued to search for caterers and came across J&L Catering, which also happened to be local to me. Our first phone conversation went amazingly. John really understood my vision and was able to provide all the elements we needed for our three days (raw bar, carving station, and lobster bake). The pricing for all three days was fantastic. I was nervous that in order to meet such a great price, perhaps the food quality would be lacking. Boy was I wrong! We had our tasting of each of our three menus and everything was delicious, tender, juicy, and full of flavor. My fiancé and I were blown away with how amazing the food tasted. We could not have been more pleased with the final outcome for our wedding weekend. Our guests haven’t stop talking about how great the food was. And besides taste and price, the last element you hope for is good customer service. John and his team have this in spades. Every time I had a question about the menu or what to rent for plates, etc.; I always received a prompt phone call or email with a reply. As a bride trying to plan their big day, it is so nice to have someone there to quickly answer your questions. By the end of our long planning process and wedding weekend, we really felt like John and his team was a part of our family. That is nearly impossible to find this day and age. If you are looking to book a caterer, look no further than J&L Caterers. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/13/2018

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Rebecca, for your kind words! I was telling others how we loved spending time with you, your family and guests all weekend! Your wedding was beautiful and your guests were so gracious and friendly. We wish you the best and congratulations again!

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

It was such a pleasure to work with John throughout our wedding planning process and ESPECIALLY on the day of our wedding. We would recommend him as one of our top vendors. It is a very close tie in praise between how amazingly good the food was and how professional and prepared his team was. All of the guests enjoyed the meal, which given our last minute changes due to weather, was an amazing improvisation by John to get all of the food out timely and everything was delicious.

Picking our menu and doing our tasting was one of the best parts of the planning process and John made it so easy. He had excellent suggestions and was willing to talk through all of our priorities and wants for our day. The final result was a beautifully presented meal that everyone raved about.

His team worked so hard the day of our wedding, but multiple guests commented on the positivity and joy they brought to the venue. Everyone was smiling and went above and beyond to provide excellent service.

Once we found J&L Catering, it was hard to find a better value for our money for the extent of the services John and his team provided. We would recommend him to anyone in the future for any catering needs.

Sent on 08/26/2018

J & L Catering's reply:

We are so happy you were thrilled with our services. It was such a pleasure working with you throughout the entire planning process, and we are so happy for you! Congratulations again!

Erica · Married on 08/04/2018

It was great working with John and his team at J & L Catering! The food was delicious, and John worked with us to create a menu that we were really excited about. We wanted "upscale BBQ," and John was able to make that happen within a very reasonable budget. He also gave us some great cost-saving tips when it came to our appetizers and our meal choices, which helped us have everything we wanted without spending a fortune. I appreciated that he was also realistic - when we mentioned wanting ice cream, he pointed out how messy that would be to serve given our outdoor August wedding. I liked that he was willing to say no to things that he knew he couldn't do well rather than just agreeing to things and then providing a subpar experience.

John and his wife Laurel were also very responsive when it came to communication. Any time I emailed, one of them would respond within a few hours at most. They also worked with me to put together a rental order for all our dishes, silverware, linens, tables, and chairs, and they were very flexible with helping me add and remove items to the order right up until a week before the wedding. On the night of the wedding, John made sure that my husband and I were well fed, creating individual appetizer and dinner plates for us so that we didn't miss out on any food. He really seemed to care that we were happy. I would definitely recommend hiring J & L Catering.

Sent on 08/24/2018

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words - we loved working with you, too! It was such a great wedding and we were honored to be a part of your special day! We wish you the best!

Dee & John · Married on 07/28/2018

We hosted our Family Reunion in July 2018 & wanted it catered. Our group would be just 40 people.
    We did an extensive search & several interviews, some of whom were not very responsive or refused to do such a small gathering.
    When we reached out to John at J & L Catering, he was very responsive & excited to help us with our small affair which would be held in our garden. His menu options were many & outstanding, yet he was more than willing to make any changes & adjustments that we wanted.
    So, we added his fabulous Raw Bar & his Famous (most delicious) Chowder to one of his barbecue menus & never looked back!
    John was a joy to work with, responsive to all our questions & helpful with all our little details, right down to the decor theme.
    Our Reunion was a huge success. John & his staff were superb. The food was amazing & there was plenty of it. Our guests were impressed & happy.
    Thank you John & Crew for helping to make our Reunion such a perfect day!

Sent on 09/25/2018

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We enjoyed working with you and your family too. It was a pleasure!

Christopher · Married on 05/11/2018

John and his staff could not have been more accommodating for our wedding day!!! The food was fantastic and my guests are still talking about it more than a month after our wedding. It rained on our wedding day and it did not affect John at all which was very impressive to say the least. I would 100% recommend to use J&L Catering to anyone doing any sort of event. They give you so many options to chose from and help every step of the way. John even gave me tips on how to save some money in some areas and we could not have been more appreciative for all the help.

Thank you again John you and your staff rocked and made our day even more special than we could have imagined!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Chris! We really appreciate your kind words. We truly enjoyed working with you on this special occasion!

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

Working with John was one of the most pleasant experiences. He listened to our requests for cuisine and delivered the perfect menu. He was completely transparent with costs so we knew what we were getting. He was incredibly flexible and his costs were affordable. It was refreshing to work with someone who has your best interests in mind. On the day of the wedding, I was at ease because I knew John had taken care of everything. Our guests were impressed with his staff and the food. Our vegetarian friends were quite impressed with their meals. That meant a lot to us. I highly recommend John to anyone looking for a good, affordable caterer. Thank you, John!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Tim · Married on 10/07/2017

John and his staff went above and beyond to make our day special. From the first the meet and greet, to the hours spent on the phone going over details, John stepped up and did everything is his power to make our day perfect. As our wedding was outdoors and in a barn, we chose a more casual BBQ style menu which was delicious. His steak was some of the best I have ever had, and we have lost count of how many times we heard "best wedding food ever" from our guests. In addition to the quality of food, John and his staff went out of their way for us during the reception, assisting in tasks during the event, and making sure everything was running smoothly. He even personally made a special plate for my mother, who has a severe allergy. We can't say enough nice things about J & L, and would highly recommend to others. -Tim and Alyssa

Sent on 10/28/2017

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you, Tim and Alyssa! It was a pleasure serving you on your special day. We at J & L Catering wish you the best!

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

John and his crew were wonderful at my wedding!! From the first conversation with John, he was professional and very responsive. Just through speaking to him I wanted to hire him but once we had the initial tasting I knew he was the best! The food was outstanding and he even made a little meal for my 2 year old son during our initial tasting as well! The night of the wedding was just perfect and I think I might have hugged John a couple times before it was over! Thank you SO much for making my wedding perfect! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! It was a pleasure serving you on your special day. We at J & L Catering wish you the best!

Jenny · Married on 07/29/2017

John was excellent to work with! Even though we had unusual restrictions from our wedding venue, John designed and delivered a perfect menu! His food is delicious and his advice is honest and invaluable. We also had a few vegan guests at our wedding, and John took the challenge in stride. We had rave reviews about the food. He made sure we (bride and groom) got a chance to eat. We can't thank him enough!

Sent on 10/01/2017

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you, Jenny and Nick! It was a pleasure serving you on your special day. We at J & L Catering wish you the best!

Nikki · Married on 06/03/2017

J&L catering is simply the best! My husband and I got married on June 3rd, 2017 and we really wanted to do a BBQ buffet. When we met with John and tried his amazing food, we knew we had to go with him! John and his team not only met, but exceeded our expectations and my guests are still taking about how good the food was! John even accomadated my vegan and vegetarian guests with delicious options as well. It also helps that John and his team were extremely kind and detail oriented and made sure that everything went smoothly in our big day. If you are looking for an amazing caterer with a fantastic team and unbeliavble food then look no further! J&L is definitely the way to go! Thanks guys! Nikki&Jordan.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Brian · Married on 04/15/2017

From the very first conversation, John was extremely professional, friendly, and fun! He quickly got us in for a free tasting (which was delicious) where he made us feel like we were eating in a 5-star restaurant but with a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Having checked out other caterers, we knew immediately during the J&L tasting that we wanted to use them for our wedding.

John and Laurel's communication was top notch leading up to the wedding. They made sure we were comfortable with the menu and helped us not only cater to folks with food allergies and dietary restrictions, but also for a number of our guests who were keeping kosher for Passover (which is not an easy thing to cater for).

During the wedding, John and his staff were organized and friendly. John was really conscientious about checking in with us and making sure we were getting food and were happy with how things were going. He was also amazing about catering to those with food restrictions (whose food we tasted too and were incredible) and making sure that they all got their food in a timely manner.

We were really happy with our wedding menu, and many of our guests mentioned that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had!

Please feel free to message us for any specifics on our experience, but we wholeheartedly recommend J&L to cater for your event or wedding!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Sue · Married on 10/29/2016

Bridal shower- mother of the bride

John and his staff did an amazing job. The food was fantastic and everyone had a wonderful time.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Gina · Married on 10/01/2016

I spent my honeymoon drooling over memories of the dinner we had at our reception. Food was (and I quote) "amazeballs". Seriously. Those are words straight from my uncle's lips. Everything from start to finish went completely smoothly. John and his team were serious magicians. We were able to customize things as much or as little as we wanted, and everything turned out perfectly. An amazing caterer for an awesome day!

Sent on 10/21/2016

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are lucky to have clients like you and were lucky to be a part of your amazing day! We wish you the best, and thank you again!

Brianna · Married on 09/16/2016

John and his team were nothing short of amazing! They helped make our wedding day as perfect as it should be. The food was wonderful and displayed so beautifully. They were very responsive and easy to work with, there for every question or email throughout the whole process. We couldn't thank or recommend them enough!!

Brianna and Brian

Sent on 09/20/2016

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Brianna and Brian, for your kind words! It was wonderful working with you, too! Congratulations and many wishes for a long, happy life together!

We had a terrific experience working with J and L Catering for our wedding. John was easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. He truly knows exactly what he is doing and understood what we wanted both in terms of food and the feel of the event. He is attentive to detail and makes fabulous food. Everything was fresh and delicious, just right for a summer wedding. Service during the wedding was exceptional. We would certainly work with them again for another event!

Sent on 08/16/2016

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you and your guests enjoyed everything. Congratulations again!

Leah · Married on 07/02/2016

We had nearly 300 people at our wedding. John Boardman and his staff were excellent! Our experience with them went smoothly and everything was perfect from beginning to end. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/11/2016

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you, Leah! We loved being a part of your wedding day!

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and renewed our wedding vows. J&L were able to customize a menu for our special day. The prices were so affordable and John is so attentive and kind! I would hire him again in a heartbeat!!!!!!! The best part was the feedback I received form my guess regarding how tasty and amazing the food us. ??

Sent on 07/11/2016

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you! It was a fabulous day. Congratulations!

Brittney · Married on 06/11/2016

J&L catering catered my wedding a few weeks ago. John let us sample the food we wanted before our wedding and was flexible with what we wanted. We got a lot of compliments on the food from our guests. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Sheri · Married on 04/02/2016

John was amazing. The food and his staff were phenomenal. They catered our wedding 4/2/16. Everything was perfect. My guests raved about the food. I have had guests ask for his contact info for their upcoming events. I highly recommend J & L catereing. They are awesome .

Sent on 04/20/2016

Andrew · event on: 10/16/2015

My wife and I, along with our guests, couldn't have been more impressed with dinner and service provided by John. The food was not only delicious, but perfectly customized for the autumn season. John is a seasoned professional, who provided not only delicious fare, but warm hospitality as well. If you have room left in the belly, ask for the bread pudding. Go with John and go with J&L, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/02/2015

J & L Catering's reply:

Thank you Andrew and Marybeth, for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, too!

Kathy · Married on 10/10/2015

My son hired J&L Catering on 10/10/15. Not only was the service and food delicious, they went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. John and Laurel also took it upon themselves to help us with things that they weren't even responsible for!! As the mother of the groom you can imagine how happy I was to hear our guests rave about this company! If you are looking to hire a caterer for any event please consider them unless you don't want the best! Thank you J&L Catering for a great day!

Sent on 10/14/2015

J & L Catering's reply:

Kathy, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you, too! We are thrilled that you were so happy with our services and we wish Ricky and Dawn the best!