65 Reviews for J & L Catering

Kosher (1)
Lactose Free (1)
No Pork (1)
45 J & L Catering Reviews

It was such a pleasure to work with John throughout our wedding planning process and ESPECIALLY on the day of our wedding. We would recommend him as one of our top vendors. It is a very close tie in praise between how amazingly good the food was and how professional and prepared his team was. All of the guests enjoyed the meal, which given our last minute changes due to weather, was an amazing improvisation by John to get all of the food out timely and everything was delicious.

Picking our menu and doing our tasting was one of the best parts of the planning process and John made it so easy. He had excellent suggestions and was willing to talk through all of our priorities and wants for our day. The final result was a beautifully presented meal that everyone raved about.

His team worked so hard the day of our wedding, but multiple guests commented on the positivity and joy they brought to the venue. Everyone was smiling and went above and beyond to provide excellent service.

Once we found J&L Catering, it was hard to find a better value for our money for the extent of the services John and his team provided. We would recommend him to anyone in the future for any catering needs.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Nut Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Local, Southwestern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

It was great working with John and his team at J & L Catering! The food was delicious, and John worked with us to create a menu that we were really excited about. We wanted "upscale BBQ," and John was able to make that happen within a very reasonable budget. He also gave us some great cost-saving tips when it came to our appetizers and our meal choices, which helped us have everything we wanted without spending a fortune. I appreciated that he was also realistic - when we mentioned wanting ice cream, he pointed out how messy that would be to serve given our outdoor August wedding. I liked that he was willing to say no to things that he knew he couldn't do well rather than just agreeing to things and then providing a subpar experience.

John and his wife Laurel were also very responsive when it came to communication. Any time I emailed, one of them would respond within a few hours at most. They also worked with me to put together a rental order for all our dishes, silverware, linens, tables, and chairs, and they were very flexible with helping me add and remove items to the order right up until a week before the wedding. On the night of the wedding, John made sure that my husband and I were well fed, creating individual appetizer and dinner plates for us so that we didn't miss out on any food. He really seemed to care that we were happy. I would definitely recommend hiring J & L Catering.

Profile Picture Erica, 8/4/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

John and his staff could not have been more accommodating for our wedding day!!! The food was fantastic and my guests are still talking about it more than a month after our wedding. It rained on our wedding day and it did not affect John at all which was very impressive to say the least. I would 100% recommend to use J&L Catering to anyone doing any sort of event. They give you so many options to chose from and help every step of the way. John even gave me tips on how to save some money in some areas and we could not have been more appreciative for all the help.

Thank you again John you and your staff rocked and made our day even more special than we could have imagined!!!

Profile Picture Christopher, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with John was one of the most pleasant experiences. He listened to our requests for cuisine and delivered the perfect menu. He was completely transparent with costs so we knew what we were getting. He was incredibly flexible and his costs were affordable. It was refreshing to work with someone who has your best interests in mind. On the day of the wedding, I was at ease because I knew John had taken care of everything. Our guests were impressed with his staff and the food. Our vegetarian friends were quite impressed with their meals. That meant a lot to us. I highly recommend John to anyone looking for a good, affordable caterer. Thank you, John!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

John and his staff went above and beyond to make our day special. From the first the meet and greet, to the hours spent on the phone going over details, John stepped up and did everything is his power to make our day perfect. As our wedding was outdoors and in a barn, we chose a more casual BBQ style menu which was delicious. His steak was some of the best I have ever had, and we have lost count of how many times we heard "best wedding food ever" from our guests. In addition to the quality of food, John and his staff went out of their way for us during the reception, assisting in tasks during the event, and making sure everything was running smoothly. He even personally made a special plate for my mother, who has a severe allergy. We can't say enough nice things about J & L, and would highly recommend to others. -Tim and Alyssa

Profile Picture Tim, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

John and his crew were wonderful at my wedding!! From the first conversation with John, he was professional and very responsive. Just through speaking to him I wanted to hire him but once we had the initial tasting I knew he was the best! The food was outstanding and he even made a little meal for my 2 year old son during our initial tasting as well! The night of the wedding was just perfect and I think I might have hugged John a couple times before it was over! Thank you SO much for making my wedding perfect! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Italian, Clean Up, Set Up

John was excellent to work with! Even though we had unusual restrictions from our wedding venue, John designed and delivered a perfect menu! His food is delicious and his advice is honest and invaluable. We also had a few vegan guests at our wedding, and John took the challenge in stride. We had rave reviews about the food. He made sure we (bride and groom) got a chance to eat. We can't thank him enough!

Profile Picture Jenny, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Local, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

J&L catering is simply the best! My husband and I got married on June 3rd, 2017 and we really wanted to do a BBQ buffet. When we met with John and tried his amazing food, we knew we had to go with him! John and his team not only met, but exceeded our expectations and my guests are still taking about how good the food was! John even accomadated my vegan and vegetarian guests with delicious options as well. It also helps that John and his team were extremely kind and detail oriented and made sure that everything went smoothly in our big day. If you are looking for an amazing caterer with a fantastic team and unbeliavble food then look no further! J&L is definitely the way to go! Thanks guys! Nikki&Jordan.

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the very first conversation, John was extremely professional, friendly, and fun! He quickly got us in for a free tasting (which was delicious) where he made us feel like we were eating in a 5-star restaurant but with a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Having checked out other caterers, we knew immediately during the J&L tasting that we wanted to use them for our wedding.

John and Laurel's communication was top notch leading up to the wedding. They made sure we were comfortable with the menu and helped us not only cater to folks with food allergies and dietary restrictions, but also for a number of our guests who were keeping kosher for Passover (which is not an easy thing to cater for).

During the wedding, John and his staff were organized and friendly. John was really conscientious about checking in with us and making sure we were getting food and were happy with how things were going. He was also amazing about catering to those with food restrictions (whose food we tasted too and were incredible) and making sure that they all got their food in a timely manner.

We were really happy with our wedding menu, and many of our guests mentioned that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had!

Please feel free to message us for any specifics on our experience, but we wholeheartedly recommend J&L to cater for your event or wedding!

Profile Picture Brian, 4/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegetarian

I spent my honeymoon drooling over memories of the dinner we had at our reception. Food was (and I quote) "amazeballs". Seriously. Those are words straight from my uncle's lips. Everything from start to finish went completely smoothly. John and his team were serious magicians. We were able to customize things as much or as little as we wanted, and everything turned out perfectly. An amazing caterer for an awesome day!

Profile Picture Gina, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

John and his team were nothing short of amazing! They helped make our wedding day as perfect as it should be. The food was wonderful and displayed so beautifully. They were very responsive and easy to work with, there for every question or email throughout the whole process. We couldn't thank or recommend them enough!!

Brianna and Brian

Profile Picture Brianna, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had a terrific experience working with J and L Catering for our wedding. John was easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. He truly knows exactly what he is doing and understood what we wanted both in terms of food and the feel of the event. He is attentive to detail and makes fabulous food. Everything was fresh and delicious, just right for a summer wedding. Service during the wedding was exceptional. We would certainly work with them again for another event!

Profile Picture User7095361, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had nearly 300 people at our wedding. John Boardman and his staff were excellent! Our experience with them went smoothly and everything was perfect from beginning to end. We highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Leah, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and renewed our wedding vows. J&L were able to customize a menu for our special day. The prices were so affordable and John is so attentive and kind! I would hire him again in a heartbeat!!!!!!! The best part was the feedback I received form my guess regarding how tasty and amazing the food us. ??

Profile Picture User6488135, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

J&L catering catered my wedding a few weeks ago. John let us sample the food we wanted before our wedding and was flexible with what we wanted. We got a lot of compliments on the food from our guests. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Profile Picture Brittney, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

John was amazing. The food and his staff were phenomenal. They catered our wedding 4/2/16. Everything was perfect. My guests raved about the food. I have had guests ask for his contact info for their upcoming events. I highly recommend J & L catereing. They are awesome .

Profile Picture Sheri, 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My son hired J&L Catering on 10/10/15. Not only was the service and food delicious, they went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. John and Laurel also took it upon themselves to help us with things that they weren't even responsible for!! As the mother of the groom you can imagine how happy I was to hear our guests rave about this company! If you are looking to hire a caterer for any event please consider them unless you don't want the best! Thank you J&L Catering for a great day!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wife Dawn and I used J&l catering on 10/10/15 for our wedding. I don't even know where to begin on expressing how great they were. The food was exceptional and everyone raved about it. The executive chef and owner, John went above and beyond for my wife and I. Service was great and the buffet set up was beautiful. Thank you so much john, Laurel, and j & l's staff for making our big day amazing and stress free! If you have any event you need catered I highly recommend these guys! You would be regretting your decision if you decided to use a different company. Once again thank you J & l catering for being a part of our special day! We will definitely be using you again in the future!

Ricky and Dawn Robidoux

Profile Picture Ricky, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

John was really easy to work with. I had a brunch buffet - the food was delicious. They were also able to get the coffee and pastry ready for guests to have immediately after the ceremony (held outside on a cold day), which my guests told me they really appreciated. He also had helpful recommendations for things like linens and tableware. J&L is the first caterer I have ever worked with, but I would definitely use them again.

Profile Picture User5539084, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Let me start by saying that John is awesome! He really cares about making your day what you want it to be.

We were working on a tight budget but we have seriously high standards for the food we eat and serve. My husband went to culinary school and I'm a life-long cook and we both love good food. So when I say it's hard to please me, I'm not kidding.

And John found this out the hard way at our tasting. The food he served me was a bit on the sweeter side and I'm much more of a savory person, so he wasn't getting a lot of positive responses from me. To his credit, he saw that and started talking to me about how he could adjust the recipes and recommending other, more savory options from his menu.

We put together something that we both agreed would work and on the day of the wedding, it did - in spades! I LOVED the food - every bit of it that he served and I got TONS of compliments on it from the guests - many of whom were either professional cooks or foodies as well. And best of all, it was all gluten-free (other than the rolls) so I knew it was safe for all of my friends to eat.

We had the Portobello Napoleons, the Garlic Steak Tips, the (modified) Spiced pecans and cranberry salad with cherry balsamic dressing, the cheesy cauliflower casserole, and the roasted root vegetables. Make sure you get his special red pepper butter too. YUM!

P.S. If you're working on a budget like we were, ask him about bringing your own appetizers to save some cash. He made the suggestion to us and it saved us tons of money.

Profile Picture Kelle, 9/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I spent an entire day trying to find the perfect caterer for my small wedding on July 3rd. Most responses were "We're sorry, but on a holiday weekend we have a 150 person minimum," and those that were willing to cater to 50 people just didn't seem very knowledgeable or enthusiastic. When I called John at J&L Catering, however, he instantly made me feel as if my wedding and my desires were the most important thing. He was excited to be able to be a part of our wedding and was extremely helpful. Not only did he prepare absolutely delicious food and bring a wonderful wait staff, but he ran the entire reception. He worked with the DJ, the photographer, and the bartender to ensure that everyone was on the same page, moving at the same pace, and providing my husband and I with exactly what we wanted. I could not have asked for a better caterer and my reception would not have been as successful as it was if it were not for John. THANK YOU J&L Catering for a perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

J&L Catering is by far the best in the business!
John and his team went above and beyond there expected duties to make sure our day was perfect.
Everything was top quality and absolutely delicious.
I highly recommend J&L Catering for any event you may have.

Profile Picture User5360823, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

J&L catering was fantastic. They were very easy to work with and incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. The day of the wedding brought the usual issues (and more) and they handled everything independently to ensure that we had the wedding we hoped for, which we absolutely did. Would definitely recommend John and his team to anyone!

Profile Picture Mark, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a 300 person wedding in Back Bay. We decided to go with an "upscale barbecue" through J&L Catering. The food was delicious. Everyone was more than satisfied with their meals, we got compliments on it all night. They were able to work out logistics in an older building, with a less than ideal kitchen. All the food was hot and ready to go on time. Cant say enough good things.

Profile Picture Deirdre, 5/30/15, 1 Review