J. Foley Photography Reviews

187 | Saratoga Springs, NY

187 Reviews for J. Foley Photography

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2015

Jeff was amazing right from the start! As we planned our wedding, we really wanted to make sure we picked the perfect person for our wedding photography...and we did with Jeff! Right when we met with him, we knew we wanted to book him. His pictures are always phenomenal and he has such a fun personality! All of our families and friends loved Jeff and the "teaser" pictures he has posted so far!

Jeff was helpful all through our planning process and was always quick to answer my emails when I had questions. He is also very organized and helped us to make sure that everything went according to the schedule. We are so glad we went with Jeff for our wedding photography, he made our day truly amazing! We would recommend Jeff to anyone, he will exceed your expectations!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Deanna · Married on 09/05/2015

It's hard to express how thrilled we are with Jeff Foley Photography...Working with Jeff was such a wonderful experience from start to finish. From the very first meeting, Jeff makes you feel so comfortable, like old friends. In the year, leading up to the wedding, Jeff spoke with us numerous times to discuss the layout of the day and listened/incorporated everything that we wanted (which put us at ease for the wedding day). The day of, Jeff (and second shooter Jay) were extremely flexible, fun and so easy to work with, even with our large, rambunctious wedding party/family. Jeff's personality and amazing talent are top notch...everyone raved about him both personally and professionally and our pictures are everything we imagined and more. Thank you so much Jeff for capturing all of the special moments from our wedding day, we absolutely love our pictures!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Danielle · Married on 08/29/2015

Jeff was absolutely amazing to work with. For both our wedding and engagement photos Jeff made everything so easy. He sent us itineraries and thought of every detail so we didn't have to. And of course the photos were gorgeous!! We could not be happier with our experience working with Jeff Foley photography.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Stephen · Married on 08/21/2015

Jeff was amazing. After our initial interview with him, we new that we had to have him for our wedding. We planned our wedding in Saratoga from Northern California and Jeff made it extremely easy. He was always quick to respond via phone, email, or text. We planned this wedding ourselves and Jeff's itinerary truly helped to organize our day. When it came to the big day he kept things fun and was very easy to work with. He made beautiful pictures of us that really captured what that day was all about and the way we felt. Looking at those pictures now, over four months later, brings me right back to that day and always puts a smile on my face. From start to finish Jeff was easy to work with, affordable, fun, professional, and a great artist.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Kate · Married on 08/08/2015

My husband and I hired Jeff Foley as our photographer knowing very little about him - he was referred to us by another photographer (that tells you something right there). Having Jeff, and his second shooter, Kristen, turned out to be a critical part of the success and joy of both our planning and celebration! There were three unique things that Jeff did that made the day a huge success. Jeff made sure to meet with us before our day, making us more comfortable with each other on our day. He spent time with me on the phone, asking me for a detailed itinerary of the day. This process was very helpful for me, because we did this 6 months ahead of the wedding, and it prompted me to think of things I hadn't had planned yet, and gave me a clearer idea of how the day would happen. And lastly, the process of actually taking the pictures on the wedding day was seamless and actually really fun! Jeff and Kristen were quite and clear about communicating what they (and I - based on phone convos) wanted, and very unobtrusive. To top if all off, our pictures were absolutely gorgeous! My husband and I weren't sure how we felt about hiring a professional photographer, but I can easily say that I highly recommend Jeff Foley Photography to anyone. The professionalism and product are worth every penny!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Melissa · Married on 07/25/2015

We sat down with Jeff about a year before our wedding, and when we first met him we felt comfortable immediately. Not to mention that we saw the quality of his pictures! Working with Jeff was so easy and natural. We just sat down again with him, this time to look at our wedding pictures, and we were truly blown away! The fact that he captured all these amazing moments from our wedding, but we barely knew he was there. He was nonintrusive and let us be us, without constant posing or pulling us away from our family and friends.
    It is going to be hard to narrow down the pictures for our album! They are ALL so good! It was such a great experience coming to see them on the big screen. I felt like I was back at the wedding, reliving the day! I got teary eyed and goose bumps all over again! Jeff is truly amazing! Thank you to Jay, his second shooter too! We are both truly so happy we found you and have recommended you to some newly engaged friends! :)

<3 Melissa and Michael Raduazzo

Sent on 08/23/2015

Our wedding was 3 weeks ago and we were so happy that we choose Jeff as our Photographer. Our wedding day was the first time we met Jeff. We were from out of town and we were unable to find time to met with him prior to the wedding. We did chat several times over the phone and we researched him like crazy. We found nothing but good things about him and now we know why. Jeff made us feel so comfortable and at ease on our wedding day. I loved that he gave us a sneak peak of some of the photographs he took! We just got all of our photographs back and we are super excited. They are perfect! Jeff invited us to look at them together and he made an experience from it! So much fun! The Photographer is the most important vendor at your wedding. They are the ones that document your entire day. Jeff Foley was by far, our favorite vendor! His assistant Kristen was amazing as well. She was professional but funny and outgoing all at once! Perfect pair! I would recommend Jeff to anyone. He was super affordable and worth every dollar we spent!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Angela · Married on 07/18/2015

Amazing, professional, fun, comfortable, WOW!; these are just a few words to describe our experience with Jeff Foley Photography. From the day my husband and I met with him over a year ago, not only did we both feel that he had the perfect personality to make our wedding day the best that it could be, but we couldn't get over how beautiful his photos were. Little did we know that he would exceed our VERY high expectations. After shooting our engagement photos (and getting them back to view), we knew that we made the best choice. My husband and I were nervous about the posing aspect of the photo shoot and since we're not models, we were afraid of looking awkward together. Jeff made us feel like we were true models and we couldn't have felt more comfortable the entire time - not to mention that we truly looked amazing in the photos! Although everyone knows that it's important for your wedding photographer to take beautiful photos, many forget that it's so much more than that. Jeff was a wedding planner as well, making sure we were on time to capture all of the pictures we dreamed of, while also allowing us to enjoy the day with family and friends. From our first look photos to the sparkler send-off at the end of the night, he made the entire day flow beautifully and had a blast with our entire wedding party and vendors. One of our favorite moments of the day/night shared with Jeff was when he took my husband and I outside by the lake to capture a few sunset photos during dinner. My husband had stepped aside to talk to a relative, so we ended up heading outside a few minutes later than we had expected, missing the sunset. I told Jeff we were up for whatever he had planned, which he replied with "well, in the lake you go!" He captured the most surreal photos of my husband and I. It was a beautiful memory we shared together and we have gorgeous photos to remember it. Jeff Foley Photography really is the best in the field and we can't thank him enough!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

While looking through Jeff's portfolio we saw a few pictures of a couple we know. We asked if they would recommend him and their response was, "without a doubt, he was our favorite vendor!". After working with Jeff we couldn't agree more! He is down to earth and genuinely a nice guy. He was very organized and professional on the day of the wedding, but always had an outwardly calm appearance and was able to go with the flow. Jeff showed us some of the pictures as he was taking them, which put us at ease immediately as we could see how beautiful they were! He had our pictures to us within 3 weeks, and the album came even faster once we had chosen which pictures we wanted. I can't tell you how many compliments we've gotten on the photos! Overall, Jeff was simply amazing. He's awesome, there's really know other way to describe it! We highly recommend him to capture your special day!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2015

The moment I met Jeff at a bridal show I knew that I wanted to have him do our wedding photos! It wasn't until he had done a friend of ours wedding and had done such an awesome job that i knew to book him! Everything he had done for our wedding photos was amazing! Every time that we look at our photos the first thing out of my mouth is, I am so glad that we had picked Jeff! He is such an awesome person to work with! Not only did he make us feel comfortable, he made us laugh! There is not enough words to express how happy we are with our photos that Jeff has done! You are an awesome person and photographer! I have already told everyone I know to book you for any thing they need because I know the amazing work you do!

Thank You So Much!
    Love, Jess and Andy Lubas

Sent on 06/21/2015

Meaghan · Married on 05/16/2015

Another 5 star review for Jeff Foley Photography; no surprise there!
    My husband and I hired Jeff nearly two and a half years before our wedding. We hired him even before we found our venue. I found Jeff while scrolling threw Facebook one day. A friend of mine had 'liked' one of his photos, and I was hooked! We had to have Jeff Foley document our big day. Not only is his professionalism impeccable, but he also has a sense of humor that makes you feel relaxed and at ease while capturing some of the best moments of your life (especially since nor my husband or I have never been in any pro photo shoots before our engagement session, we were nervous and looked uncomfortable at first, but Jeff knows just how put your nerves at bay.)
    I have told friends, family, co workers and more about how we were lucky enough to hire the best in the biz for our wedding and I still stand by my opinion. Jeff's work and product is amazing and we couldn't be happier. Hiring Jeff Foley Photography was worth every penny.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Meghan · Married on 04/25/2015

There are honestly no words that are able to justify the awesomeness that is Jeff Foley. From our first meeting with him, we knew that he was going to capture some amazing pictures of our wedding, as well as bring a fun vibe to the day. We booked him on the spot. First off, he's a dog person, which is an instant win in our opinion. Our dog, who is VERY wary of strangers, went right up to Jeff during our engagement pics and licked his face. If that doesn't show you what a genuine person Jeff is, I don't know what does. A dog's opinion is never wrong! Jeff made shooting so easy and relaxed - we got the awkwardness out of the way immediately. He has an ability to capture these beautiful moments and emotions while making it look effortless.

During the planning process, Jeff answered my emails within minutes and made everything so clear and easy. On the day of our wedding, he kept everyone right on track (to the minute!), yet we didn't feel rushed or stressed. He can tell when you need a quick break or a second to breathe and gives it to you without question. Everyone was very comfortable with him and were laughing and joking around all afternoon. We got all of the formal pictures done very quickly, which was great since we didn't want people to feel like they were posing for hours. One of the best things is that I didn't feel like he was pulling us around all night for pictures - that is completely not Jeff's style. He didn't interrupt us during our first dance or toasts or any other important times, he was just snapping away in the background. Nothing felt forced or overly posed, which I love.

The pictures he posted so far are breathtaking, and I can't wait to see the rest. Thank you, Jeff (and Alan!), for capturing our day so beautifully.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Angela · Married on 04/18/2015

Jeff Foley - there really are no words. His work speaks for itself – unbelievable. Not only is Jeff incredibly talented, he is an absolute pleasure to work with. I had the privilege of seeing Jeff in action at my best friend’s wedding a few years ago. Before I was even engaged I knew I had to have Jeff as my photographer and we planned our wedding date/venue around his schedule. My (now) husband can get somewhat annoyed after taking too many photos – he couldn’t believe how painless the entire photo taking process was on our wedding day (and engagement session)! Jeff made taking pictures fun and we barely knew he was there half the time once the action started. My husband enjoyed every second making beautiful photos with Jeff (and Alan)! Not only do my husband and I love working with Jeff – all of our family and guests did not have enough great things to say about working with him and of course the photos. We had the wedding of our dreams and will be able to re-live the day for the rest of our lives because of the gorgeous photos Jeff captured. Hands down, Jeff will be our go-to photographer for the rest of our lives and we can’t wait to spend more time with him. I truly believe a great photographer is one of the most important aspects of a wedding – do yourself a favor if you’re engaged, book Jeff Foley Photography!

Sent on 04/24/2015
  • O

Olya · Married on 04/17/2015

I met Jeff years before I was even engaged when we were both vendors at a bridal show. I have seen many photographers in my years as a wedding hairstylist and makeup artist and believe me when I say Jeff stood out from them all! I knew after looking at his work and 5 minutes of talking to him that if I were to ever get married that he was the one to photograph that day.
    Once I did get engaged Jeff was one of the first people I told. Once we booked the venue and set a date I made sure we booked Jeff right away. His eye for detail and ability to capture the true emotoions in the moment is what sets him apart from all the rest. He also has a talent of bringing out the best of everyone he photographs. My husband hates having his picture taken and you would never be able to tell in the photos. We and everyone we know are in love with the photos we have seen so far.. Can't wait to see more!
    There aren't enough kind words for how awesome, kind, talented and professional Jeff is. He is also a true friend, when my makeup artist canceled on me days before my wedding he reached out to his contacts find a replacement for me. I am eternally grateful for everything he has done for me. We look forward to looking at the beautiful photos he created for years to come.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Andrea · Married on 02/28/2015

Jeff and Alan were professional, fun, easy to work with, friendly, flexible and above all our pictures are just stunning!! So,so happy we went with Jeff!!!

Sent on 03/28/2015
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 01/02/2015

If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding, life event, or just fun, Jeff is your guy. My husband and I are absolutely THRILLED with our wedding photos. First and foremost: he can make any picture look beautiful. We had our engagement photos taken in the Spring and it was pouring. When I mean pouring, I mean black sky and raindrops the size of bullets. Nevertheless, we decided to go on with the show. Jeff wasn't worried for an instant! We took the photos in the pouring rain, and when we got to see them, we were in SHOCK! The photos looked like something out of a romantic comedy: sun showers and umbrellas on a beautiful spring day. Amazing. On the day of our wedding, we had a little more luck with the weather. No precipitation! It was, however, freezing. We went to some of the buildings in the downtown Albany area and the photos are absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't ask for better photos. He captured exactly what I wanted. In addition, he is such fun to be around! From our initial meeting, to the awesome slideshow after the wedding, he is such a pleasure to be around. All the guests and the bridal party were raving! I can't recommend his services enough. I can't wait for him to capture our next life event.

Sent on 02/05/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

I had a hard time finding a way to write a review in the space given so here are my top 5:
    5- Flexibility: I swear Jeff has the patience of a saint. Both times we went to meet him at his house we were running late and he still made us feel welcomed when we arrived. A couple of times we had to reschedule times and days due to work schedules etc, and he never once held it against us. Although I do not recommend doing this or taking advantage of his patience it was really nice and refreshing to work with someone who was so understanding.
    4- Confidence: Sure Jeff has confidence, but you will not believe the confidence Jeff will give you while taking your photos. He will show you some highlights as he takes them and he will tell you when you look amazing and will position you to look your best. My husband said it best when he said "it doesn't matter what I wear Jeff will make me look amazing".
    3- Organizational Skills: Jeff provided us with an itinerary that every single vendor used. It was that thorough! He outlined our day in such a way that it kept everyone focused and organized through the entire day. He was also terrific at keeping everyone on track and ensuring that every picture we asked him to take was taken.
    2- Personality: I am fairly positive Jeff is the type of person who can get along with anyone. He has this amazing ability to keep you calm, happy, and relaxed all at once. He even managed to keep me smiling when my groom was late for our first look photos.
    1- Quality: I have so much to say about the quality of the photos, but I will sum it up with this. When we went to preview our photos Jeff took my breath away. He captured all of the moments and the emotions behind them in a way that I have never seen before. My favorite photo that I will cherish for the rest of my life is the photo he took seconds before my dad and I walked down the aisle. It is more then a photo it is a powerful expression of love between a father and his daughter.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/04/2014

We can't possibly say enough good things about Jeff in this review. I've tried to convince every person I personally know who is getting married to go with him! From the first time we met him, Jeff was great at making sure that we knew everything that was going on and that we were comfortable with it. Our engagement photos came out great, and I'm a person who usually hates looking at pictures of myself, so that's saying something. On our wedding day, Jeff and Alan immediately made everyone feel comfortable. Jeff even worked to shift our photo schedule forward to try and make it so our first look would avoid the rain. I think it is hugely important that the photographer be someone who can make everyone feel at ease, given that that person is going to spend the entire wedding day with the wedding party. Jeff did just that, and from what we've seen so far, it has produced amazing pictures. Best money we spent at the wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Sarah B. · Married on 09/06/2014

Booking Jeff was - hands down - one of the best decisions we made in our wedding. He is kind, professional, sincere, funny and charming. Jeff took adorable engagement photos and gorgeous wedding pictures for us. We booked Jeff after seeing his work and having an initial conversation on the phone. From the minute we first spoke all the way until the last shot on our wedding day, we absolutely loved working Jeff and his team. Jeff is easily accessible to his clients via phone and email. Jeff is an incredibly hard worker - we were thrilled to have the USBs for our engagement photos and wedding photos mailed to us within only a couple of weeks. We also loved how Jeff shared teasers of our photos on Facebook the day of our engagement shoot and wedding day!

JFP's philosophy is "when you feel good, you look good." Jeff truly enhanced one of the best and happiest day of our life by making us laugh, have fun, and be totally comfortable in front of the camera. He made every member of our family and bridal party feel comfortable and happy. He truly found a way to capture all of our personalities. Years to come, we will be able to look back on our photos and be taken right back in time to the best parts of our big day.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Jeff for helping to make our wedding day so special for us. We cannot wait to find more experiences to use you in the future. We would recommend Jeff Foley Photography to absolutely anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Anneli · Married on 08/30/2014

We couldn't be happier with our choice of picking Jeff as our photographer for our wedding!!! Not only is Jeff an amazing photographer, his personality and the ease of working with him makes him that much better. On our wedding day Jeff was able to joke around with and get along with everyone in the wedding party and at the wedding, made sure we were doing okay throughout the day, and made the day so much more relaxed than we ever imagined it would be. Being people who are not very comfortable in front of the camera, Jeff made us feel natural and relaxed and of course made us look good. Having a good photographer is one of the most important parts of the wedding, but our fear was having someone in our face the whole night and getting in the way. This was not the case with Jeff, we rarely knew when or where he was taking photos but some how he managed to capture every moment we could have ever wanted and more!! There are so many positive things to say about Jeff and his team and we could go on and on with how much we loved working with them.

Sent on 09/27/2014
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/09/2014

I don't even know where to begin to describe how incredibly happy we are with Jeff! First of all he is such an awesome person and Josh and I knew we had made the right choice within the first five minutes of our engagement shoot. We chose to have our dogs in our engagement session and he was so patient with them and really allowed us to incorporate them as much as we wanted! After our engagement shoot we had a year until our actual wedding and Jeff kept in touch the entire time making sure if we had any ideas or special pictures we wanted he knew about it! Next came the wedding day and Jeff met first the girls and then the boys at the hotel rooms we were getting ready in. He captured some amazing candids which described our wedding day perfectly. During the ceremony I didn't notice him one bit and yet he got so many amazing pictures. We chose to not do a first look so we had a short amount of time to do the formal pictures and Jeff was so incredibly amazing to make sure we got every single picture we wanted and still had time to get to our cocktail hour. After the wedding was over we went on a two week honeymoon and on our way home we got an email from Jeff saying our pictures were ready! I couldn't believe it and the next day we went to his house and spent a few hours just looking through every picture with him and it was such an awesome way to replay the whole day! From the bottom of our heart thank you so much Jeff for capturing our wedding day so perfectly!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Elise · Married on 08/08/2014

Jeff was absolutely fabulous to work with! He is a very fun person yet extremely professional. He made us feel comfortable and beautiful in front of the camera. He took so many amazing photographs of our wedding it is hard to pick our favorite! We will definitely be using him again in the future.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Marisa · Married on 08/02/2014

We have been thinking about writing this review since our wedding day! We do not have anything but positive things to say about Jeff Foley, his team and his work! Jeff was the only photographer we met with because after our meeting we knew we wanted him to be a part of our wedding day. Jeff was friendly, funny and professional from start to finish and was always willing to listen to our ideas- even the bad ones. Jeff was also very organized and responsive - something that helped us to feel calm through the wedding planning process. On our wedding day, Jeff brought a calming but fun vibe to the group even when things were not going perfect - we were able to laugh and have a great time all day. We love the teaser pictures Jeff posted immediately after our wedding and have received a ton of compliments on them. We are looking forward to meeting with Jeff next week to view the rest of our wedding pictures! We would (and have) recommend Jeff to any couple looking for a photographer- simply put, he's awesome!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Christine · Married on 07/25/2014

From the first moment I met with Jeff the first time, I knew working with him would be the right choice. Not only are the picture works for art, but Jeff goes above and beyond for his clients. From day one, I never felt like just a client but also a friend, and Jeff was always available and helpful if I had a question only mildly related to our wedding photography. He is incredibly fun to work with and made the day as relaxing as it could have been. I am a worrier, but I felt so comfortable throughout my wedding day, and far more relaxed than I otherwise would have been, and I owe a lot of that to Jeff's dedication and ability to make me laugh throughout the day. Meeting with him the last time, to view our pictures, has to be one of my favorite moments of the entire wedding experience. I cried over some of the meaningful moments, but I laughed, a lot, at the great shots Jeff captured. Photography is the one way you can truly have the memories from your wedding day--all those moments you missed while caught up in the day itself--and I could not think of a better person to have captured those memories for us.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Kelsey · Married on 07/12/2014

Something that a lot of couples may not fully realize before getting married is that your photographer is right there with you for nearly the entire wedding day: from the small pre-wedding moments as you straighten your tie or fix your lipstick to the big moments as you walk down the aisle or tear up during your dad's toast. There is no one we would have rather had by our side capturing those moments than Jeff. As far as his talent, the pictures speak for themselves, but what really makes Jeff a great photographer is his ability to create a fun event. Rather than being invasive Jeff actually enhances the experience so that he is truly capturing a special moment.

I was initially a bit reluctant about engagement photos, concerned that they would be cheesy or showy, but after our engagement shoot with Jeff I was completely convinced and now I can't recommend them enough. They really do help you get over any initial awkwardness (not to mention you get some beautiful "casual" couples pictures out of it), and when it comes to the wedding day you'll feel less nervous and more like you're meeting up with a good friend. Part of the fun of getting your pictures taken by Jeff is that you can tell he's genuinely enjoying himself, and his excitement is catching. He doesn't let you forget that this day is supposed to be fun. It's also a great confidence booster when he continually tells you how beautiful you look and shares the pictures with you along the way as proof - works wonders on wedding jitters! He even kindly helped me get a good view of my hair, when I couldn't see the back.

Even with his fun personality, Jeff is extremely professional and efficient. He had us make a list of secondary pictures, which allowed us get some great group shots with friends and family who weren't in the wedding party. We love all of our wedding pictures! We had so much fun with Jeff on our wedding day and we can't wait to have him document all of our special milestones in the future!

Sent on 08/04/2014