J. Foley Photography Reviews

187 Reviews for J. Foley Photography

• Jessie

Jessie · Married on 06/14/2019

Best Decision We Made

We knew Jeff was the photographer for us during our first facetime meeting. He was easy going and professional and we clicked right away. On the day of our wedding, he shot with his wife Jeannettea and they were FANTASTIC. Made everything fun, smooth and stress free on a day where that is not easy. Our teaser photos were provided that evening and are breathtaking, and we cannot wait to see the rest of the shots. We spent a lot of time looking for our photographer, and we are so happy we went with Jeff. Highly highly recommend him - it will be the one of the best decisions you make for your biggest day! Thank you Jeff and Jeannette for a truly fun and enjoyable experience.

Sent on 06/18/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Jeanette and I had a wonderful day with you guys! It was easy to feel the love between the two of you!
  • Melissa

Melissa G. · Married on 05/25/2019

The best there is. Exclamation point!

There are not enough words to describe how we feel about Jeff and what he did for our engagement and wedding photos. From the first conversation, I knew he would be professional, but also very down to earth and easy to work with. When we met for our engagement photos, I felt at ease immediately, and so did my fiancé, who isn’t always at ease in front of the camera. Jeff was open to our ideas, but had even better ideas of his own! When he asked us if we would consider getting in the water for a few photos, we didn’t hesitate because of the trust he built in such a short amount of time. We are so glad we listened! Our shots came out stunning! We used them for our save the dates, our Christmas cards and loved them so much that we used several of them on our invitations. The time leading up to the wedding day and the wedding day itself was no different! Jeff and his wife Jeannette were amazing that day. Everyone in our bridal party agreed. They made the photos easy and effortless. That day, Jeff, knowing that I said ‘I was open to anything he suggested’ then asked if we would be willing to go into the water again... of course, we said yes! The photos were just as beautiful and special as the first time around. We are so beyond happy we hired Jeff! As my mom said after looking at the photos “they captured every moment perfectly”

Your wedding photos are one of the most important things when it comes to remembering your special day... I wouldn’t have trusted anyone else to capture the day like J.Foley Photography did.

Thank you, Jeff and Jeannette! We are so grateful for the captured memories!

Sent on 06/18/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Aw, thank you so much, guys! Jeanette and I are so glad we could be a part of your wedding day. You guys make a wonderful couple.

Preston K. · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely perfect

Jeff is absolutely amazing to work with hands down best you can have. Great personality great work. Just perfect

Sent on 05/05/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Preston! I loved getting to know you and Jennifer! You guys (and your friends and family) are wonderful people, and I'm glad to call you friends.

Jennifer H. · Married on 05/04/2019

Fun-filled & Stress free

We met Jeff for the first time in person the day of the wedding & he immediately put us at ease having a great sense of humor, while still remaining professional at all times. He was easy going, had spectacular shots and extra ideas throughout the day. He was flexible and made the shots before & after the wedding a fun and enjoyable process. Feeling relaxed and being able to laugh throughout the day was everything we were hoping for! Prior to the wedding he was extremely responsive to both emails and phone calls and once we spoke with him we went no further in looking for photographers! I would highly recommend Jeff for your wedding. His work speaks for itself, but his presence and personality pull it all together.

Sent on 05/13/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for a wonderful review, Jenn! I had a great time sharing your wedding day with you and Preston. You guys are such nice people, and it was an honor to document your wedding!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/27/2019

We highly recommend Jeff!

When we got engaged, I knew I was going to contact Jeff, as I was a fan of his previous wedding work. Jeff was my first and only call for a wedding photographer. Jeff was both personable and professional from the beginning and I could not imagine having anyone else on our big day! Jeff was engaging and so easy to work with. We could not be more excited with how quickly we received our wedding photos and cannot stop looking at all the great moments from our wedding!

Sent on 05/13/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thanks for a wonderful review, Liz. I'm honored that you guys chose me to document your wedding day, and it was a joy to be around you and Nick all day! xoxo

Gina · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing, Perfect, Speechless!!

What an amazing experience working with Jeff and his beautiful wife! As a bride who doesn't normally like her picture being taken, I was made to feel completely comfortable and beautiful! It was a great day and both photographers documented every moment perfectly!

Sent on 05/29/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Gina! We had a blast documenting such an important day for your family! xoxo

Michelle · Married on 12/29/2018

Jeff captured our personality as a couple. We couldn't be happier

We booked J. Foley Photography during the first conversation we had we had with Jeff. He is personable, genuine, and honest (and funny! He has a great sense of humor). All qualities we were looking for in a photographer. Neither myself or my husband feel comfortable in front of a camera. The moment we talked to Jeff on the phone he put us at ease. This later translated to when he was behind the camera. He was laying on the ground, going above and beyond to get the shot just right. I think we are the most satisfied with how natural all of our photos came out. Jeff truly captured us as a couple. This speaks to his ability to make us comfortable in front of the camera, and his skills as a photographer. His eye and ability to create different shots from the same space was amazing! After our engagement photo shoot with Jeff we couldn't wait for our wedding day. J. Foley Photography was the best decision we made. Thank you Jeff!

Sent on 01/23/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Michelle! I'd lay on the ground any day of the week for you and Austin. :) I loved getting to know you guys!
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 12/08/2018

Upstate New York's Premiere Photographer!!

When it came to picking our wedding photographer, we knew from our first call that Jeff Foley was our photographer! From the first call, Jeff was genuinely interested in our story and what made us so special. He truly cared about telling our story and understanding exactly what we wanted and where he could help us capture our magic. He also was a pleasure to just talk with and be around which is HUGELY IMPORTANT since you’ll spend more time with you photographer on your wedding day than anyone else!
    During our engagement shoot and our wedding day, Jeff was prepared, organized and extremely professional. He was able to move between getting ready photos, first look and portraits seamlessly. All the while, he was in a boot due to a foot injury he had! You would have never known it!
    Immediately after our wedding, Jeff continued to wow us with sending us daily teaser photos to share with our family and friends. Jeff then managed to turn around our photos before Christmas; approximately 15 days after our wedding!!!! What an amazing Christmas gift to sit around the Christmas tree with our family and relive our special day together!
    Finally, for all of you extremely organized/Type A brides out there, like myself, you are 100% in amazing hands with Jeff. Approximately three months before the wedding Jeff will send you a detailed questionnaire in which you have to fill out to ensure that nothing gets missed the day of the wedding. Everything goes by so fast and at times you aren’t thinking at all so it was so nice to know that Jeff and his partner Jamie (our second shooter) had our list of shots and they went line by line getting everything that we wanted and more! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer look no further than Jeff Foley and his team to capture your very special day.

Sent on 01/27/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such a kind and thoughtful review, Bridget!` I'm glad I was able to share your wedding day, and I'm proud to call you guys friends!

Natasha L. · Married on 11/30/2018

Book Them!

From the time I saw the photos Jeff took for a friend's wedding, I knew he would be a contender to photograph our wedding (even before we were engaged!). He was the first and last phone call I made when searching for photographers. I booked him during our initial conversation and could not be happier with our decision. My husband was less than thrilled about taking engagement photos but Jeff picked an amazing location and was so easy to work with that after the session, my husband might have said he had fun! Our engagement photos were so beautiful and creative, we used them on our save the dates AND our wedding invitations. I knew Jeff would do a wonderful job photographing our wedding but I received our wedding photos last night (less than 2 weeks after our wedding, mind you) and I have not stopped looking at them since. I was completely blown away by how amazing they all turned out. Your wedding day passes by in such a blur and looking through the photos allows you to re-live that day and experience all moments you may have missed. Jeff is so kind, easy-going and fun that he fit right in on our wedding day, like we've known him for years. We received many compliments on the photos he took, but also about how wonderful he was to be around. We would recommend him and the rest of the staff at J.Foley Photography in heartbeat!

Sent on 12/11/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a kind and thoughtful review, Natasha. I loved being a part of your wedding day! It was beautiful!

Ann · Married on 11/10/2018

Spectacular

We were thrilled with Jeff and his team. He was funny, down to earth and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera! Despite the cold and extreme wind, our photos were beautiful! I am obsessed with all the photos! Thanks you so much for enhancing our special day.

Sent on 12/15/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Ann and Dion, for allowing me to document your wedding day! It may have cold and windy (we need a stronger word than windy -- LOL) but it was a beautiful day!

Maria · Married on 10/20/2018

A night to remember!

From the beginning Jeff felt like family to us and made our decision even easier! He was very professional and made us feel very comfortable the entire time. He was very efficient with getting pictures back to us in a very short time. Although we expected amazing photos from him, seeing is past work, he completely blew us out of the water with our photos. They are not just photos to us, it tells a story on how our night went and were reminded on our amazing our wedding was! Jeff and Jamie we can’t thank you enough for the time you put into editing our photos and making them even more amazing! We are so so so happy we chose j.foley photography!!

Sent on 11/10/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing an awesome day (and night!) with us! We had a blast. Wishing you a lifetime of love and dancing!

Allison · Married on 10/14/2018

the.best.ever!

I have been waiting to submit a review for Jeff this entire month after my wedding because even though I pride myself on my use of words, I could not for the life of me figure out how to do him and his talent justice. The photographer was one of the most important professionals for us to decide on, as my husband (still not used to that!) and I believe the memories of our day will live on in the photographs. From the second we met him and Jeanette, we knew we made the right choice.

Jeff is passionate, professional, thorough, talented, and genuinely cares for his clients. He took the time to get to know us as individuals and as a couple so that he could document our day in a way that truly reflected us and our relationship (which included a legendary shot with a soccer ball). His attention to detail and organization when creating our timeline for the day was remarkable, and was truly the guiding force behind what our day looked like. If you know me, you know I am notoriously late for every single thing in life, but because of Jeff, I was actually ready EARLY and had a rare opportunity to relax and laugh with my favorite people before the ceremony began. The only thing I would not budge on for the day was not doing a first look; I wanted the first time my husband saw me to be while walking down the aisle. While this is not ideal for photography purposes because of fading sunlight and time crunch, Jeff respected my wishes and masterfully worked around it, managing to keep me hidden from my husband-to-be for pre-ceremony photo shoots in the process.

One of the most notable qualities of Jeff is his presence. He never once gave off a feeling of being rushed or stressed. From the moment he arrived, he was calming and always up for a laugh. I'm terrible when it comes to being in serious pictures, especially by myself, but as the bride, it's kind of a necessity. He engaged me in conversations, laughter, and questions that guided me through those awkward, necessary photos, and they ended up being some of my favorites from the getting ready segment. He gave us breaks between shots after the ceremony so I could eat my coveted mac and cheese and pigs in a blanket, rather than rushing us through the photographs. And when it came time for the reception, he was almost unseen, while still managing to capture the emotion and fun of the day and evening. I've always been bothered at weddings I've attended by photographers who get right up in your face and try and get you to do certain poses while enjoying yourself. Jeff didn't do any of that; he just seemed to flow with everyone and the direction the night took.

Most people we know had to wait months to receive their wedding photographs. Jeff is so dedicated to his work that even with the other events he was working on, we received our photographs in LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! And there were hundreds of them, every single one perfect in its own way. Each person we shared the photographs with has expressed how beautiful they are and gushed about the quality. Choosing photos for the book from Jeff and our canvas print is going to be the challenge of the century, but we were also given a USB personalized with our photo that contains all 900+ photos so we will always have each memory to look back on and make prints of down the line. Jeff is the embodiment of the ideal wedding photographer, a genuine person, and a friend. I'm disappointed not to be able to talk to or see him, that's the type of relationship he forms with his clients. I can't wait for other milestones in our marriage so we can have Jeff document them!

Sent on 11/12/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you, and thank you for sharing your wedding day with J. Foley Photography!
  • Courtney

Courtney W. · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible photographer

I can't say enough about how amazing Jeff (and Jamie) were. He is extremely talented, thoughtful, organized, and added so much to our day. He captured amazing photographs - I had no idea they would come out so well. Photography for weddings can be expensive, but Jeff's rates were very reasonable and the photographs he took are PRICELESS. :)

Sent on 10/23/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Courtney! We loved sharing your wedding day! It was so beautiful and filled with emotions!

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Dane and I could not be happier with J. Foley Photography! They blew us away with the photographs they captured of our day that we will cherish forever. Jeff and Crystal were fun, comfortable, enthusiastic, and just a pleasure to work with. Jeff was extremely responsive and provided us with all our wedding photos in record timing! I cannot wait for the next opportunity that we have to work with J. Foley Photography, it truly was an amazing experience.

Sent on 09/25/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you! I love spending your wedding day with you guys!

Dorothy · Married on 09/15/2018

Seriously, just hire them! Jeff and his team were absolutely amazing from start to finish. Prompt, professional, unfathomably talented, and SO MUCH FUN. Everyone at our wedding was raving about Jeff and Jamie as people and as photographers. They absolutely knocked it out of the park, bending over backwards to make our day perfect. Jeff really paid attention to our vision of how we wanted our photos to look, and made sure to accommodate our requests. I can't thank them enough for their amazing pictures that truly captured the feeling of the most special day of our lives.

Sent on 09/30/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Dorothy. I have loved getting to know you and David -- beautiful people inside and out.

Brittany · Married on 09/09/2018

We used J. Foley for our engagement photos. We actually found them while competing in Bridal wars. They were professional, and got our pictures back to use quickly. They also had some great ideas for poses, and the location of our shoot!

Sent on 09/13/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for the review, Brittany! That was a nice surprise, and I appreciate it. Hope you guys are well!

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2018

We can not say enough good thing about Jeff and his staff! From our first meeting at his studio, we all instantly clicked. Allen and I were very nervous about our engagement shoot, but Jeff and Jeanette’s playful banter put us instantly at ease. Our wedding day was a dream, and Jeff went above and beyond to capture a great shot (I.E. laying in the dirt) he even went off the beaten path and scoped out the most unique spray painted old bus that totally fit our style! He made sure the day was filled with playfulness and laughter to calm our nerves.His staff is very professional but also made us all feel like close friends. Jeff was very responsive to any questions we had and always easy to get in touch with. We can’t wait to use JFP for our future family photos! Can’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/14/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful, thoughtful review!

Laura · Married on 08/19/2018

Jeff is amazing! He did such an incredible job of capturing our wedding day, from both of us getting ready, to the ceremony and portraits, to the fun candids of the reception, without missing a single detail! He works with you to plan an itinerary for the day, complete with all the shots you want, to ensure that nothing is missed. We loved working with him and Jeanette during our engagement shoot, and he and Jamie were great on our wedding day. We couldn’t be happier with all of our wedding photos, and can’t say enough about J. Foley photography! We will always treasure these pictures!

Sent on 09/04/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Laura! I loved getting to know you guys, and your family and friends!

Mackenzie · Married on 08/18/2018

We found J. Foley Photography through some old friends who had used them for their weddings and we're so glad we did! From the very first phone call we could tell Jeff was the photographer for us. Both my husband and myself always say we hate getting our pictures taken and are so awkward and uncomfortable in front of the camera but Jeff made everything so great. He has such a charismatic, positive, and funny personality that you begin to forget about the camera and end up just having a great time. Not only is his personality great for the profession he's in, he also has a great eye for those really special shots and moments. We went into both our engagement shoot and wedding day without a list of pictures we wanted and put all our trust in him and it paid off. We got all of the shots you could want and more. Every picture is amazing, even the candid "in the moment" ones. I'm convinced that if we had hired any other photographer, our wedding day wouldn't have been as amazing as it was. Thank you Jeff!!

Sent on 09/07/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you! I loved spending your wedding day with you!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/09/2018

Jeff is AMAZING and my teasers are SO AWESOME!!! I have only seen a few from my wedding day, but I was so excited, I wanted to write a review right away!

I had been stalking Jeff since my friend's wedding back in October of 2014. His overall style caught my eye right off the bat and when I got engaged, he was the FIRST vendor I reached out to (I hadn't even booked a venue yet). From the early planning stages, down to the engagement shoot (super fun pancake shoot!) and then actual wedding day, Jeff was an absolute delight. He is so calm and friendly and was never pushy or stressful. He is so fun to have around and everyone felt comfortable having him there. All of my guests came up to me to tell me how wonderful he was!

I couldn't of imagined having anyone else photographing my big day. His professionalism and sense of humor were the perfect match for my wedding crew! You will NOT be disappointed with J. Foley Photography!!

Sent on 06/15/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you! I loved documenting your love! You guys are wonderful together!

April · Married on 05/27/2018

Jeff and Jamie are INCREDIBLE!! We had a 20 person wedding party and modern/mixed family - Jeff and Jamie were easy going, friendly, organized and managed the chaos seamlessly - we love them!!!

Sent on 05/28/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, April! I loved spending the day with you and Scott and your family and friends!

Seth · Married on 05/26/2018

I'm having a difficult time writing this review because I can not find the words for how amazing and professional Jeff and Jamie were. They captured our personalities perfectly and were so creative with the entire shoot. As a Creative Director in the digital space, I'm very picky about choosing professionals to work with and I would work with Jeff and Jamie again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/02/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Seth! We had a great time with you guys, and I definitely hope our paths cross again!

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2018

I would highly recommend Jeff for your wedding photos! He is very easy to work with, especially for those of us who are not used to being photographed and need a lot of help. Our family and friends were really impressed with his work and I couldn't be happier with the way the wedding album came out.

Sent on 06/14/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! We loved sharing your wedding day!
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 04/28/2018

We found JFoley Photography as one of the preferred vendors through Glen Sanders Mansion. From the start Jeff Foley and his wife, Jeanette, have been more than accommodating, flexible and professional. Additionally, Jeff is very open about his expectations and communication. Jeff along with his camera partner, Jaime, did en exceptional job with our photos! The results are phenomenal!! We are truly ecstatic of how our photos have turned out! Everyone that has seen the photos has commented on the exceptional quality of work. Jeff was fabulous to work with! He made the day smooth, was fun, and was always ready for anything, especially fun photo ideas. We could not have imagined anyone else to be our photographer on our wedding day. Jeff truly does amazing work, has a passion for his profession, and overall, is extraordinary. We will never hesitate to recommend JFoley Photography to anyone searching for a wedding photographer. You will not be disappointed! Thank you Jeff! Trey & Andrea.

Sent on 05/09/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, guys! I felt like I was working with friends on your wedding day! It was awesome!

Carley · Married on 04/13/2018

Jeff was on top of everything from the beginning. He communicated clearly and frequently. He made dealing with a bad back and children a lot easieron our wedding day. In addition, he just had a baby the day before our wedding and didn’t miss a beat! Will definitely be working with J. Foley photography in the future!!

Sent on 05/28/2018

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Carley! There was so much love to document on your wedding day! I had a great time!