J. Foley Photography Reviews

187 Reviews for J. Foley Photography

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2020

Simply wonderful

Jeff shot our engagement photos in the fall of 2018 and was planning on doing our wedding in Albany the following year. However, due to health complications, we had to postpone it until the following fall. That's right October of 2020...... then the pandemic hit earlier in the year and we were unsure of how to proceed. Do we have a ceremony, reception, neither, both?? We ended up deciding to have a small ceremony this fall and will have our big reception next year. Jeff immediately offered to document our smaller ceremony with no additional charge. How do you like that?! Jeff is simply wonderful and takes high quality photos. We are looking forward to working with him again next year!

Sent on 10/22/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca! So glad I was able to share your wedding day with you and I'm happy we will get to do it again. :)
  • Carly

Carly M. · Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful experience!

Jeff worked with us for our last minute, 10 person COVID safe wedding and he was an absolute pleasure to work with! I’m so glad we found him and he was available. He had a great eye for our location and capturing beautiful photos with different backdrops. He was also excellent in guiding us through different poses and positioning which I was so thankful for since we aren’t models and can’t tell how things come together. Trust him when he tells you “the more awkward it feels, the better the photos come out” because it’s true! We have so many amazing photos from our day that I will cherish forever! Thank you Jeff! Highly recommend J. Foley Photography!

Sent on 10/21/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Carly! I am glad we were able to connect and spend your wedding day together!
  • Lyndsay

Lyndsay M. · Married on 10/09/2020

Fantastic from begging to end

I had contacted Jeff in 2019 to photograph my 2020 wedding and engagement photos. We vibed with Jeff right away so we knew he was the one for us, especially since he loved dogs and we were of course including our two pups with all of our events. He did an incredible job with our engagement pictures and was soooo flexible considering we were quite late to the shoot. Then the dumpster fire of 2020 happened, so we pushed our big wedding to 2021 but Jeff was so kind to offer to do free elopement photos for us brides robbed of our weddings in 2020 which was so kind beyond measure. The photos he did for our elopement were BEAUTIFUL and the day was even better than we imagined. He was able to capture it perfectly and we all had a great time being silly, throwing leaves and freezing a little. I can’t even pick out a favorite they are all so great. If you’re looking for an amazing, friendly, professional photographer, Jeff is your guy!

Sent on 10/21/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much. Lyndsay! I appreciate the kind words, and I was thrilled to spend your wedding day with you guys!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/09/2020

Jeff brightened our day!

Jeff is an exceptional photographer!!! Not being from the area, we went out on a limb hiring him for our private ceremony at the Saratoga Winery purely based on reviews. WOW....were the reviews spot on!!! We loved the results of our photos, which came back much quicker than we ever expected. Aside from his talent, his personable manner truly made the day so fun! He helped to ease my husband's nerves (who normally hates photo taking), making it effortless. We instantly clicked with him, almost barely noticing the pictures we were taking, because we were having so many laughs and fun doing them. We got married in a private ceremony, and Jeff even acted as our witness! Something we will never forget! He's a great guy and photographer!

Sent on 11/05/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I definitely enjoyed sharing such an intimate wedding day with you guys! I've documented hundreds of weddings but, that's the first time I've ever been a witness. :)

Jessica · Married on 09/05/2020

Jeff is Absolutely Amazing!

From the initial FaceTime chat up until the wedding was a wrap we knew Jeff was the right guy to document our wedding. He was an absolute pleasure to work with in the planning and execution of our special day. Very accommodating, a great source of advice and an AMAZING photographer! The photos were breathtaking, everything we hoped for and more. They will last us a lifetime and to that we will forever be grateful! Thanks Jeff for capturing such great moments of our day.

Sent on 09/24/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I loved getting to know you guys (and your family and friends). Hope I get to make pictures for you again down the road!
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 08/04/2020

Amazing Wedding Photos!

My husband and I were very happy to find Jeff for an impromptu elopement with immediate family. He is amazing! Jeff captured our day perfectly, even in the middle of a hurricane. He is so creative and used the weather to get some really amazing shots. Jeff is very talented and a joy to work with!

Sent on 08/26/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Stefanie! I'm so glad we were able to connect. I thoroughly enjoyed documenting your wedding day (hurricane and all!).
  • Leah

Leah G. · Married on 08/01/2020

Perfect combination of fun and professional!

Honestly, Jeff was the only photographer we needed to meet with. My husband and I are not “picture people” so it was important to us to find someone who would make us comfortable. Jeff was that person. From the first meeting at his home office, he made us feel relaxed, like we’ve been friends forever and we literally signed a contract right there! It goes without saying that during these COVID times, we ended up changing our plans but Jeff was so accommodating and flexible. On our wedding day, he kept us smiling and laughing, getting in bridal party/family pictures quickly so we could enjoy quality time with our family. Then to make us love him even more, he texted us teasers the same night as our wedding AND had all of our pictures ready for us within a week! He gave us beautiful photos and amazing memories that we are forever grateful for!

Sent on 08/10/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Leah. And thank you for sharing your wedding day with me! I had a blast!
  • Rachel

Rachel I. · Married on 12/27/2019

Professionalism and excellence to capture your joyful day!

If you are reading this review, you are likely in the process of identifying a photographer for a special event. I hope that this review helps convince you that hiring J. Foley Photography is the right choice.

I am a very happy return customer to J. Foley Photography. Jeff has conducted two photo shoots for me and in December 2019 my wife and I hired him for our wedding. The wedding was a perfect day for us and with thanks to Jeff, we have gorgeous photographs to commemorate the day.

There are several key reasons why I recommend J. Foley Photography without any reservation. First, Jeff has outstanding technical skills. You will be absolutely thrilled with the beauty of his photographs. His expertise and years of experience all combine to frame gorgeous shots that are both timeless and beautiful.

Secondly, unless you are a fashion model most of us are not used to having our photograph taken. Jeff has a wonderful personality and he will put even your most camera-shy guest at ease! It is through his professional and relatable interactions with his subjects that he is able to draw out genuine and joyful photographs. There are other photographers who also have good technical skills, but none have Jeff’s winning personality and keen eye. If you are considering Jeff for a wedding this is really important as you’ll be spending more time with him than anyone else at the wedding - except for your spouse. You want to have someone with you that is easy and fun to be around.

Jeff is reliable and professional. From your first meeting with Jeff he will work with you to ensure that you are approaching your event in a planful manner – making sure that he knows the flow of your event, who to take photographs of, etc. He clearly has an excellent reputation with the other professionals that we worked with (such as the makeup artist and the wedding venue) – this all contributed to our day running smoothly and without any stress.

I will also add that my bride and I are a gay couple. Jeff was wonderful with us – he genuinely celebrated and affirmed our marriage which is not something all vendors do with sincerity.

I recommend J. Foley photography without reservation!

Sent on 01/14/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Rachel, for such a kind and thoughtful review! I am so glad I was able to share a wedding day with you and Amanda, and I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/23/2019

Jeff is a MUST have

I don’t even know where to begin. Jeff from the beginning was extremely professional and attentive. From our first meeting in his home office he had my husband and I sold. My husband is not one to enjoy his picture being taken- he always tells me I get 3 chances to get a good one- but with Jeff we both felt comfortable and natural and the shots were unlimited. We had our engagement session with Jeff and he blew us away with our photos and how well he worked behind the camera. We knew our wedding photos would be nothing short of amazing. Jeff’s personality, professionalism, and skills are just incredible and the turn around time is beyond impressive. We can’t thank Jeff & his team enough for capturing our most special day and the emotion that went along with it, our photos are breathtaking.

Sent on 12/05/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a kind and thoughtful review, Alyssa! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and I loved sharing your wedding day with you!
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 10/20/2019

Look no further, Jeff is your man.

I cannot rave about Jeff enough. He was my one “must have” for my wedding and he did not disappoint. My husband and I did not have engagement pictures done, the wedding was our first time in front of the camera. As we both are not a fan of having our pictures taken, you would never have known with Jeff behind the camera. He is easy going, funny, genuine, and will make everyone feel confident and comfortable all day long. Leading up to the wedding, Jeff was always extremely responsive to all communication, and also proactively emailing and scheduling calls. I knew he had everything under control and I did not worry for one second. We’ve only seen a couple of teaser photos, my husband and I cannot wait to see what else Jeff captured. We’re both so thankful we were able to spend our day with him.

Sent on 10/21/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Allie. I really enjoyed document your wedding day, and getting to know you and CJ and your family and friends a little bit!

Kelsie R. · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Photographer

Jeff did an amazing job for our wedding! Always quick to respond and willing to accommodate any need. He was professional and yet easily could’ve been just another guest at our wedding. Best of all, he took amazing photos and had them back to us in record time. Would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/06/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kelsie, and for choosing to share your wedding day with me! I wish you guys a lifetime of love!
  • Samantha

Samantha A. · Married on 10/12/2019

J. Foley Photography is 100% the way to go!

I’ve been struggling for a couple of days now trying to put into words the best way to thank J. Foley Photography for the amazing work he did with us on the most special day of our lives to date. On Sunday morning, Eric sat down with our coffee and looked (for almost 2 hours!) at all the memories of our wedding. Every photo was better than the last and that made it so that we had no idea how to thank him in a way that matched everything he did for us.

After showing my students the photo gallery after school today, I decided there just aren’t words. According to them I looked like a “supermodel” or a “Barbie doll” and we looked so happy in every photo. Well, that’s easy to do when working with Jeff because he makes you feel so relaxed and comfortable on a day where that is not always easy. One of my favorite parts of the whole day (that a majority of couples usually hate!) was when Eric and I took our portraits together. Even though Jeff was there with you, it felt like one of the few moments Eric and I got to breathe and just enjoy one another. It was so meaningful to us to not have anyone being pushy or making us feeling uncomfortable.

We are so grateful that we picked Jeff to be a part of our wedding day because he was able to capture our personalities and put it in a photo. Whenever I look back at them, I will get to see the love and happiness on both of our faces. Jeff captured every emotion we felt and we will forever be thankful that we have these memories to look back on. Thank you Jeff! We love you!

Sent on 11/17/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sammi! I love your wedding photos and I loved spending your wedding day with you guys!

Julianne · Married on 09/28/2019

Simply Amazing

From the very second that we spoke with Jeff inquiring about our wedding, we knew our search for a photographer had ended. From that first conversation and through every step of the planning process, Jeff took the time to really get to know us as a couple in order to ensure that our personalities were truly captured during our special day. It was clear that it was extremely important to Jeff to understand our wishes and our vision for our big day, and he absolutely brought it all to life for us. He was so great at taking each of the ideas we threw at him and making them reality, all while maneuvering through the craziness of a wedding day and keeping everything on track. Not only are Jeff and his team amazing photographers, but they are simply a pleasure to be around. They put us at ease throughout the entire day of the wedding, and we were relaxed knowing that they were there to capture every aspect of the day. Every time a teaser photo was posted, I cannot even count the number of people that reached out to my husband and I to say how beautiful it was and that they couldn't wait for the rest. Even weeks after the wedding, we have had our guests comment on how professional and simply talented Jeff Foley photography is. We cannot thank Jeff enough for the amazing job he did in capturing the most special day in our lives!

Sent on 11/10/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Hey Julianne! Thank you for such a wonderful and kind review! I loved spending your wedding day with you guys and your family and friends!
  • Kyle

Kyle S. · Married on 09/11/2019

Top-Tier Professional Level Quality, Work Ethic and Service from Jeff Foley

Photographs of your wedding will offer some of the most authentic, memorable snapshots of a day that you'll wish you could relive a thousand times over. Investing in and trusting a photographer to capture these moments isn't something to be taken lightly; you'll want to make sure whomever you choose can do the day you've created justice - someone who can work quickly and under pressure while still maintaining the same artful quality of work they show off on their website.

Jeff Foley is one such man. From the start of our contact with Jeff it was obvious that he would take the time and care to ensure a good experience for us. It was reassuring to us that Jeff took the time in advance to help us plan out the itinerary for the day-of, making suggestions and giving his honest input on all aspects.

Our engagement shoot was on a dreary, winter day with total cloud cover and generally miserable conditions. Jeff's craftsmanship stunned us when we received some of the most amazing pictures of us that we had ever seen.

Jeff's professionalism and dedication to his craft truly shined on the day of our wedding. Jeff is extremely personable, something that was a comfort during what can normally be a stressful time.

In summary, Jeff is definitely the person you want to entrust with your wedding photography. Thank you for all your hard work; absolutely everyone we've shown is blown away by the photographs you captured.

Sent on 01/05/2020

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kyle! I'm so glad I had the chance to document your wedding day, and I wish you guys a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Victoria

Victoria R. · Married on 09/07/2019

Best photographer ever!

Words cant describe how happy I am with my wedding photos and Jeff's work. He is one of the most professional and personal vendors i have ever worked with. I highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/18/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Victoria! I'm so glad I was able to share your wedding day with you and Dan. Congrats! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Kate · Married on 09/06/2019

Jeff, simply the BEST!

I would recommend Jeff as your wedding photographer, in a heart beat! Working with him and his team was effortless, exciting and most importantly FUN! He made my husband and I feel so comfortable and at ease while he took our photos, his sense of humor and personality also helped us relax while in front of the lens. He is very inviting, was easy to contact and communicate with and gave us the best images for our favorite day! I cannot stop looking at all of the beautiful pictures he took for us. Two giant thumbs up!

Sent on 09/16/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

You're the best, Kate! Thank you for the kind words! I had a great time with you and Kevin. Wishing a lifetime of love and happiness!

Melissa · Married on 08/31/2019

Jeff is amazing!

If you are looking for an amazing wedding photographer, Jeff is your guy!! My husband and I have never had professional photos taken, Jeff was able to make us laugh and feel comfortable in front of the camera. Jeff was so easy to work with, he was flexible with scheduling our engagement photos around my husbands deployment as well. Jeff was very responsive to any of our questions and was so quick to reply any of my emails, calls and texts. Jeff (and Kristen who was awesome as well) were able to capture all of the love and quirkiness of our wedding. We couldn’t be more happier with our photos and choosing Jeff as our photographer!

Sent on 09/09/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Your wedding day was beautiful, and I'm so glad I could be a part of it!

Micaela D. · Married on 08/24/2019

Jeff Foley is the BEST!

Jeff and Jeanette are AMAZING! From the very first phone call we knew we wanted Jeff to document our big day! He is so incredibly easy to work with and makes the whole process fun and memorable! We absolutely loved our engagement pictures and received so many compliments! Now I haven’t stopped looking at our wedding photos because they are simply perfect and they help me relive my favorite day over and over again! Not only are they amazing but we got them back less than a week after our wedding day! I would absolutely recommend Jeff if you want perfect wedding photos! Can’t wait to work with Jeff again in the future! Thank you Jeff and Jeanette!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We had a blast spending your wedding day with you, and we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Kelly · Married on 08/16/2019

Beautiful Photography, Relaxing Wedding Day

Jeff Foley is not only an amazing photographer, but an amazing human being and confidant. My wife and I could not be any happier with our choice for our wedding. We knew at our engagement shoot that we were in for an enjoyable time taking pictures. Jeff made us laugh and really got us in the moment, which led to beautiful pictures.

On our wedding day, Jeff was flexible and upbeat, and kept our wedding party on time so we could enjoy our wedding. He picked out great spots for the pictures, and was always in place for the best shot. We barely knew he was there, which made the day stress free. We cannot wait to see our finished pictures, as the few teasers that he put out are astonishing. He played with lighting, design, and even weather conditions to get great pictures which we have already gotten tons of comments on.

If you are looking for a company that will lead to a stress free wedding day, please give Jeff Foley a call. You won't regret it.

Sent on 08/21/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Mike and Kelly, for a wonderful review. You two are truly wonderful people, and I'm glad to call you friends. Wishing you a lifetime of love and laughter.

Kerry · Married on 08/03/2019

AMAZING! Look no further!

We got married a few days ago, but I already know how incredible our photos are going to be just based on a few teasers. Jeff also did our engagement session and after seeing those photos we knew we had made the right choice with Jeff. He is professional, personable and makes you so comfortable when taking photos. He gets so exited about the great shots which makes you excited. I can’t wait to see them all because he is amazing!! If you’re looking for a photographer seriously look no further!

Sent on 08/05/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you, Kerry! I had such a nice day with you and Ben (and your family and friends). I'm glad you appreciated my excitement. LOL. I'm pretty sure I remember doing my happy dance in front of you at least once!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/02/2019

Look no further than Jeff Foley!

Hiring Jeff as the photographer for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made in our planning process. He was so easy to work with, has a great sense of humor to help calm nerves, and it was obvious that making our day special was his top priority. We told Jeff that we wanted to enjoy our day as much as possible, and did not want to be outside or away from the party for too long taking photos. He respected that completely and chose the perfect times to steal us away for photos, resulting in some beautiful sunset pictures that we will treasure forever. If finding a photographer is causing you stress, please look no further than Jeff Foley Photography!

Sent on 08/05/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the thoughtful words, Emily! I loved spending the day with you and Eric (and your family and friends), and I can't wait to share all your pictures with you!
  • sheri

Sheri · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing Experience

What an amazing experience Jeff is excellent. We were very honestly with Jeff that we didn’t really like the camera and we wanted him to get more candidates of us enjoying the day with our loved ones. Jeff did just that! He was so easy to be around and made everyone super comfortable. I highly recommend Jeff and can’t wait to book him again!

Sent on 07/15/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the mind words, Sheri! I had a blast with you and Justin, and your whole crew! Wishing you a lifetime of love and fun.
  • Insiya and Josh

Ins · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing photographer and amazing person!

From the first contact, you will learn Jeff is nothing but passionate about what he does and incredibly talented. I will never forget our first phone conversation where I let him know that as a plus size bride, I wanted to make sure the photographer we hired knew to photograph in flattering ways. He stopped me from continuing and said that his job was to capture the happiness and beauty of the bride but he would never hide a bride behind objects or people. And he genuinely meant it. I could not believe what I was hearing but I realized in that moment that not only was Jeff an amazing person, but he is incredibly uplifting. Jeff held true to his promises and from our engagement photos to our wedding photos- I had honestly forgotten about my insecurities and could not be happier with what he captured. He shows you photos as he's capturing them to help remind you that you have nothing to worry about. Jeff even handled my Type A personality so well. For example: I brought a car full of props for our engagement photos or the time I sent him an overdetailed timeline of our wedding schedule full with surprise outfit change to Indian Attire he didn't even blink before quickly joining me on expanding the ideas into something so much better. I could go on forever about how much we loved Jeff and not to mention how wonderful Jeanette is as well!! But my best way to show you how much we all loved him is that we'll be seeing him again for my brother's wedding next April. Don't miss your opportunity to work with Jeff!! And if my words didn't win you over, take a look at the photos he's created.

Sent on 07/12/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a thoughtful and kind review, Insiya! I can't wait to make more photos for your family!

Candace · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Part of our Wedding Day, Besides Getting Married!

We heard of Jeff and J.Foley through our venue's social media and instantly fell in love with his work. From the moment we met Jeff we knew he was the right person to capture our wedding, and we were not wrong! If you're like us - not professional models by any means - and are worried about looking stiff or awkward in your wedding photos, then you need to work with Jeff. He kept us relaxed, perfectly and naturally posed, and most importantly gave us direction throughout the whole day. On what is bound to have been a stressful day, Jeff and his awesome assistant Madison kept our minds off the chaos (we literally lost power but he kept things rolling for us and stayed late!) and on all of the positives of our wedding day. From having a pre-planned schedule of when and where to be, to a list of everyone we wanted photos with (trust me, you would forget otherwise) and to capturing the amazing candid moments, working with J.Foley was the best decision we made for our wedding. I cannot wait to recommend him and his team to anyone who asks!

Sent on 07/13/2019

J. Foley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Candace! I'm thrilled that I had the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day!