The Powder Room Reviews

The Powder Room 5
The Powder Room 6
The Powder Room 7

Kimberly · Married on 07/05/2014

Mary was the stylist who did hair and make-up for my bridal party, and she was fabulous. I went for a hair and makeup trial prior to our engagement shoot, and though Mary did exactly what I had asked her to do, I was not entirely happy with the results. So we loosened the curls to make it a bit more casual for the engagement shoot, and I decided I would go home and give a little more thought to the look I wanted on the wedding day. When Mary and her assistant showed up on the day of the wedding, I explained that I wanted softer curls and more subtle makeup than I had during the trial, and Mary had no trouble making those adjustments. I was SO happy with the outcome; my hair and makeup still looked professionally done and very special, but I felt I looked much more like myself. I also really appreciated Mary’s flexibility on the day of the wedding. One of my bridesmaids did not initially want to have her makeup done professionally, but as she watched the other girls getting made up, she loved the results and asked whether they could add her to the schedule. They were able to make this adjustment easily, and we still wrapped up on time. We were all really happy with our hair and makeup, and it photographed beautifully!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Bobbi · Married on 05/25/2014

Mary did an absolutely beautiful job on my hair and makeup! She came to my venue day of too which made it really stress free. I would recommend Mary to anyone! Her natural approach to my makeup made my photos gorgeous. Thank you Mary!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Hilary · Married on 05/17/2014

Jennifer and Heather were a pleasure to work with for my May wedding! They had done the hair and make-up for my sister's wedding a few years back and were outstanding and easy to work with for my wedding as well. Heather did my hair and make-up and she really listened and worked through my trial to achieve exactly what I wanted. She also nailed it with adding in clip-in extensions that I brought on my wedding day that we hadn't used in the make-up trial. I'm glad we worked with Its a Date at the Powder Room.

Sent on 06/02/2014
  • User3719469 · 2+ years ago

My partner and I got married in Santa Rosa last weekend and had Corinne and Sheilah from The Powder Room do our hair and make up – they did such a wonderful job! They came to our respective hotel rooms on time, well prepared and stuck to the timeline that we gave them perfectly. Both my partner and I couldn’t have been happier with the job that they did – we both felt absolutely beautiful and we had no problems throughout a night filled with lots of hugging and kissing and dancing.

Sent on 05/13/2014
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 04/28/2014

The ladies at It's a Date were fantastic! I was a little nervous since we were planning from a far and I had not done a Bridal hair or make up preview. They came out to the house we renting for our wedding weekend and did a perfect job on both my hair and my make up. They were very professional and were able to accommodate the various styles from my bridesmaids, mother in law, and mother.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Sara · Married on 04/22/2014

Jennifer was amazing. My hair and makeup were perfect. She did exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Cherry · Married on 09/07/2013

Linda and her stylists are the best!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2013

Mary Belieu did my hair and makeup for my wedding at Trentadue in August. she is amazing! I live in Chicago so it made planning a little bit difficult, but she was always willing to work around my schedule. We first met when she did my hair and make-up for my engagement pics in August 2012 and I looked amazing! Then she did my wedding trial in May and also did one for my mom who was very nervous. It was so much fun and she got everything dead on the first try! The weekend of the wedding was amazing. She cam e to my hotel on Friday to cul my hair for the rehearsal, and then her and her team did myself, 8 bridesmaids, and 2moms on the day of the wedding. Every single person looked amazing and was very happy with their results. Most of all, I still can not believe how great she made me look and how she helped me relax. Thank you Mary for everything - you are the best!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Alissa · Married on 07/05/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Katie Donaghy from It's a Date at the Powder Room for both my hair and makeup trial run before my engagement photos as well as for my wedding day. Katie and her assistant worked extremely hard ensuring that myself and numerous other family members got their dream hair and makeup. Katie is such a fun person to talk with as she is working on you and really listens to what you are envisioning for your wedding day look. She looked at pictures of my wedding dress, ideas I had and also gave her most welcomed input and advice for what she thought would look best and most enhance the entire look and feel of the day. My hair and makeup were perfect; if only I could have Katie with me every day! :) I don't know how she did it but my hair and makeup stayed intact through the entire day, even after pictures outside in hot weather, dancing and of course some happy tears. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Katie and I am very appreciative and pleased with how she made me look.

Sent on 07/13/2013
  • Shawna

Shawna · Married on 06/30/2013

DeeAnna with It's a Date at The Powder Room was great! I was very nervous about getting my hair and makeup done for the wedding. Living in another state and not being able to go and try different things with hair and make-up I was just trusting that it would all work out the day of the wedding. I cannot explain how happy I was! DeeAnna did an amazing job with our hair and make-up. I felt absolutely beautiful and was so happy.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Deeanna Reese at It's A Date at the Powder Room was spectacular! I brought a picture of what I wanted my hair to look like for the wedding - and she got it flawlessly! It was one of the hottest days on record and she and Jennifer worked feverishly on five bridesmaids and me (hair and make-up). My girls were stunning and I received so many compliments on my own hair and make-up!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Monica · Married on 04/13/2013

I cannot recommend DeAnna and her girls enough. Had a beauty trial and immediately knew she was our girl. I even switched up what I wanted day of the ceremony (I'm sure they love it when you do that), and she was super flexible and totally nailed it. I had three bridesmaids and two moms who got their hair did and makeup and everyone looked stunning and everyone was genuinely stoked about how they looked (which, let's be honest, never happens). I was so nervous about getting the hair/makeup right and DeAnna blew it out of the park. My friends said I was the most beautiful bride they'd ever seen, and I have pretty friends :) I felt like a million bucks and I am still getting compliments to this day. Thank you DeAnna!!! I have to add my mom is a non-makeup/no hairdo kind of person. I insisted she get in the chair and let the girls do her up. She didn't want too much but they made her happy which was huge. My mom looked stunning and so did everyone DeAnna touched :)

Sent on 05/23/2013
  • User3190741 · 2+ years ago

I just loved how they took care of my fiancé. She was so beautiful and the wedding pictures turned out great because of it.

Sent on 04/11/2013

Gavi · Married on 07/22/2012

Katie Donaghy from It's a Date at the Powder Room is truly amazing! She blew me away at my hair and makeup trial with her ability to make my vision come to life quickly and beautifully. On the day of my wedding, she did hair for all three of my bridesmaids, hair and makeup for my mom, and hair and makeup for me. She was incredibly efficient, creative, and sweet, and my whole wedding party was thrilled with the way they looked. My hair and makeup was even more beautiful on the day of the wedding than at the trial, and she made the whole experience stress-free and fun. Katie is a true artist, and she was absolutely a pleasure to work with. I recommend her and the whole salon highly!

Sent on 08/07/2012

I was so happy with the ladies at "The Powder Room" They took such good care of me and my bridesmaids for my wedding. They really kept me distracted and I was able to relax and enjoy myself. Call early to make sure you can get all of you in, so glad that I did! It was a great thank you gift that my girls all appreciated.

Sent on 12/10/2013

christine · Married on 03/24/2012

Jennifer at It's a Date did a great job with my wedding hair and makeup. I wanted to choose someone that did both hair and makeup and could travel to my hotel in Napa, where I was getting married. This place seemed the most economical option, because even with the travel fee, she was cheaper than a separate hair and makeup person, according to my research.

We had an initial consultation and she listened to my needs and wants patiently. She was very accommodating with some schedule changes I had and showed up on time to my hotel, despite the rain. She also did my mom's hair and makeup and was great with her too. My hair and makeup turned out great! I especially loved what she did with my hair! She is definately a pro at what she does and was very pleasant and calm, which is exactly what you need hours before you get married!

Sent on 04/22/2012
  • roturisch

Rebecca · Married on 12/30/2011

Katie was AMAZING! After my preview we realized my updo was to loose with how I dance so when the wedding day came she took such amazing care to make sure each curl was clipped in so that after my hair was done I jumped around my hotel room like a pogo stick and everything stayed in place......then and 12 hours later! I don't wear makeup and everyone keeps saying how truly beautiful and glowing I was on my wedding day. Katie did such a great job of keeping me natural but highlighting my best features. I felt like a movie star! I have already referred Katie and It's a Date at the Powder Room to another friend who is getting married and I would recommend to anyone who is looking for someone wonderful to do their hair and/or makeup for any occasion!

Sent on 01/22/2012
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 07/23/2011

Katie is the best!!! We had a great time at my trial appointment and she completely got the look I was going for. After looking at my trial pictures for a while I decided I wanted a hair style that was fuller and didn't even tell her until I sat down in the chair on my wedding day and it wasn't an issue, she rolled with it and made me look so beautiful! My makeup was so light and natural with that pop of glam I was looking for, it photographed amazingly well. Such a blast to work with, I would use Katie again for other special events! I highly recommend the girls from It's a Date at the Powder Room!

Sent on 09/16/2011

Nichole · Married on 04/29/2011

Jen was amazing!! I loved my trial had a few hair concerns, came back a month later and we worked them out. The day of she was efficient, quick, and kept us laughing the whole time! The pictures are amazing and all of our hairstyles stayed and so did our makeup, even after 5 hours of dancing and sweating!! (yuck!) But in all the pictures we still look so put together! I am so impressed and it looks so natural! I cant thank her enough!

Sent on 05/13/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2010

My beautician was awesome! Her name is Carrie. She was so patient and helpful. At the preview she listened to all my requests and did a complete practice. Then, when I changed my mind on the wedding day she was able to create a beautiful hairdo. She came to my home to do all our hair/make-up and she came as early as I anxiously requested. She rocks!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Phyllis · Married on 06/20/2010

Just look at the pictures and you'll see what a great job they did. We Jennifer and her sister come to our hotel room. They were prompt and did a great job. Everyone looked gorgeous.

Sent on 07/13/2010

jamie · Married on 08/22/2009

Carrie did a great job on my hair and make-up. It was amazing, and she totally listend to what I wanted because I kind of changed things after the first trial! But it was no problem and she nailed it. Also I have thin hair that is hard to work with but she made it look great. All the bridesmaids were really happy too.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Sara · Married on 10/16/2008

I know most all of these ladies personally, so I know that they are committed to doing beautiful work. All of them can come and do your hair/makeup at your house - so there's no need to travel to the salon AND your house AND the site AND the church. You can stay comfortable at your own place (or wherever) - that was a huge plus for me.

Sent on 04/10/2009

Randi · Married on 10/09/2016

Professional Makeup: We used It's a Date's Mary Donaghy for our daughter's recent wedding in Santa Rosa. Mary did the makeup for the Mother of the Bride (myself) and three bridesmaids. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding the management at It's a Date were easy to contact and communicate with via telephone and email. They were very flexible. Mary arrived on time, her appearance was very professional, and she did a great job on the four of us. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Dyanna · Married on 10/11/2013

Katie and Linda did my hair and makeup, and hair for all of my bridesmaids and my mom for our wedding. Everyone got exactly the style they wanted and it stayed looking good all night!

Sent on 04/05/2014