The Powder Room Reviews

The Powder Room 5
  • Lisa

Lisa Moore · Married on 10/11/2019

Hair and Makeup

Deanna was amazing to work with! She makes it personal and gets to know you and what you like! She was easy to talk to and very responsive when I sent questions or changes. They are flexible when I had to add on more people to the schedule and the day of they were AMAZING! They worked so hard and got everyone done on time and absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend them if you want organization and quality service!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy Do · Married on 10/05/2019

A superb hair and makeup experience!

Jenifer and her team of hair and makeup artists were phenomenal! I loved my hair and makeup trial run, my rehearsal day hair and makeup, and wedding day hair and makeup for me, mothers, my aunt and my 4 bridesmaids (8 of us)! Jenifer and her team were excellent and I will happily hire them again for my next event!!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

C · Married on 09/27/2019

Simply the BEST

Our elopement planner put me in touch with Deanna. I easily booked a hair trial a few days before. Deanna was so easy to talk to and listened to my ideas as to how I wanted my hair. I was so pleased with the hair and makeup trial...and it lasted all day! The day of our wedding she came to our hotel and recreated the look I loved all over again. Again, the hair and makeup stayed "put and perfect" all day (and throughout a slightly windy ceremony.) Her skills and professionalism are unmatched!

The Powder Room 6
    The Powder Room 7
    The Powder Room 8
    The Powder Room 9
    Sent on 11/09/2019

Lalena · Married on 09/12/2019

I had a wonderful experience at the Powder Room for my bridal hair and makeup. The wedding coordinator was extremely professional and accommodating in not only fitting me into their already busy schedule with only a two month notice, but also when I needed to change the time of my appointment for the day of our wedding.

At the Powder Room I had the pleasure of working with Corrinne. When we first met for my trial we discussed my dress, my likes and dislikes, and went over a few photos that I had brought along. Then she worked her magic. In just under two hours Corrinne had taken my hair and makeup vision and made it into a reality. The wedding day was even easier and I couldn’t have been happier; she definitely exceeded my expectations. Corrinne is incredibly professional, easy to talk to, and fun to work with!

Overall, my experience at the Powder Room was incredibly positive and I am grateful for all the hard work that went into making our wedding day even more special!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Madison · Married on 07/20/2019

DeeAnna is amazing

I worked with DeeAnna (and 2 assistants for my bridesmaids/moms) and I feel so lucky! I have quite a few allergies to makeup products and DeeAnna was so diligent and thoughtful in helping me find products that would work for the wedding day. We also did 2 hair trials as I just couldn't quite decide what I wanted and on the day of she really helped get the look just as I wanted, making me feel like me! She and her team are the ultimate professionals, moving quickly through all 9 of us but also making it fun! Thank you thank you!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/14/2019

Nailed it.

DeeAnna (one of the owners) and her lovely assistant did my hair and makeup, along with two bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law for my wedding on 6.14.19. All I can say is that Dee is a freaking hair and makeup wizard. I went in for a trial a few months before the we dding and then changed my mind (of course), so I was a little nervous about going a different direction on my wedding day. DeeAnna totally nailed it and I felt ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Highly, highly recommended

Sent on 06/24/2019

Ali Rexrode · Married on 06/13/2019

Powder Room made me feel like a queen

I was never that little girl who grew up dreaming about her fairytale wedding. I was preparing to DIY hair and makeup for my big day but then I started thinking that maybe hair and makeup would really make it extra special and my goodness and I glad I did. Heather and the Powder Room team are amazing. They're super talented, super lovely to be around, and super on-it. I went in to my trial a few weeks ago without much in the way of examples or ideas. I walked out of the salon looking like a model. Heather is also just like a real person who you can talk with---so collaborating with her on my look was easy. The day of the wedding was a soaker and she helped make sure that my hair was going to make it through the event. She also did an updo for my niece who might have the most thick, dense hair in the Northern Hemisphere and she killed it. My niece said she felt "really pretty" :) Heather also made makeup was also stunning. All in all I was super happy with the whole experience and would absolutely recommend Heather and the Powder Room team for your big day.

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Kostas · Married on 06/08/2019

Pure perfection!

Deanna and crew were fabulous. They have an intimate understanding of how to style make everyone look and few beautiful, and understand that it’s different for each person. Not to mention that they are just great people and a blast to work with. We all laughed ourselves silly sitting there chatting while getting our hair and makeup done. Being able to find someone who is both great at the service they provide and also had a crew of friendly and easy going people makes the experience so great.

I was unsure of what I wanted for my hair, and Deanna was endlessly patient during the trial when we tried more styles than I could count. When I eventually thought I’d decided on having my hair down and curly, she suggested that I wear my hair similarly to my next dress fitting to see if I liked how it worked with the dress. I’m SO glad she suggested this because trying the dress with my hair down (I’d always had it up for fittings) convinced me that up was the way to go. And on my wedding day I wore it up and was so happy I did.

Beyond that, I have unreasonably thick and heavy hair. Deanna was able to get it up, and very solidly held there so it didn’t fall out and didn’t hurt - a big big task.

I’d hands down recommend working with this crew!

Thank you so so much for all you did for me, my bridesmaids, and the moms! You made me feel absolutely gorgeous during my big day!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Anca

Anca · Married on 11/11/2018

Ashley is amazing!

Ashely is a phenomenal makeup artist and hair stylist. She understood exactly what I wanted to achieve on my wedding day and made it happen! She is supper friendly, professional and open so suggestions. Thank you so much for creating my "Hollywood" look.

The Powder Room 10
    Sent on 12/12/2018

Caitlin · Married on 05/05/2018

DeeAnna transformed me into a goddess! My makeup was absolutely stunning, I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. I was super nervous booking hair and makeup for my destination wedding since I wasn't going to be able to do a trial until the day before. DeeAnna and her staff were so professional and made me feel so comfortable. I highly highly recommend DeeAnna.

The Powder Room 11
    The Powder Room 18
    Sent on 08/25/2018
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 04/26/2018

I booked DeeAnna and Jen (the owners) for my small wedding in Napa – hair and makeup for myself, mom, sister, and mother-in-law. They were AWESOME! We were SO pleased with the final product and especially how great everyone looked in our wedding photos. DeeAnna was super quick with communications, they arrived on time, and she was flexible when I moved the start time back one hour a month out from the wedding date. (We were married on a Thursday.) I highly recommend It's a Date for your wedding OR elopement! Thanks, DeeAnna and Jen!

The Powder Room 19
    The Powder Room 20
    The Powder Room 21
    Sent on 06/01/2018

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Mazie Contreras from It's a Date did the makeup for my wedding and I cannot understate what a wonderful job she did, and under some extreme circumstances.

I was originally planning to get married in Santa Rosa but due to the horrific fires we needed to move our wedding to San Francisco. We fully expected to need to find another makeup artist at the last minute due to the crisis situation and change in venue (all reasonable circumstances), but Mazie still made herself available and traveled to SF for us.

She did the makeup for myself, my best friend/MOH, my mother, and my husband's mom and stepmom. Everyone was so thrilled with how their makeup turned out (which, as a perpetual bridesmaid, I can tell you is rare, especially with a range in ages). She was calm, kind, and asked questions about what we wanted, made helpful (but not forceful) suggestions about what would photograph best, and was just so pleasant and warm that it was a joy to have her around.

I'm so grateful to Mazie for helping carry through some of our original vision as a lot of other pieces shifted. I highly recommend her to other brides!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Maggie · Married on 09/03/2017

Elyse was amazing. She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day!!! From the beginning, I couldn't have been happier with the service that I received! When I had to last minute reschedule my hair and make-up trial - she was incredibly flexible. Then, when I showed up for the trial, she made me feel so special and was incredibly attentive. I wanted to go for a natural look - but be my prettiest self, and she nailed it. She also helped me articulate what I really wanted - I wanted my hair to look soft but elegant, and my make-up to be appropriate for an outdoor wedding, but still something a little bit more dramatic than my normal minimal make-up look.
    Then - the best was the wedding. Elyse and her assistant did hair and make-up for me, my 2 sisters, my mom, and my husband's mom. I knew she was going to make me look and feel beautiful, but I couldn't believe how stunning everyone in my family looked - and how confident we all felt! Elyse was incredible with listening to the look that everyone wanted and then pulling out the perfect shades from her toolkit for all. I can't speak highly enough of her work!

The Powder Room 22
    The Powder Room 23
    Sent on 09/22/2017

Nina · Married on 08/06/2017

This review is long overdue but I wanted to take the time to thank DeeAnna for her excellent service. I had about 5 consultations with other hairdressers/makeup artists before finding her and she was by far the best. She did a great job listening to what I wanted and helping figure out what would look best on me. I really wanted someone to look at my features and tell me what would work best and she did just that. I think that is really hard to do and goes to show just how great she is at her job. She is really talented and I would highly recommend her.

The Powder Room 24
    The Powder Room 25
    Sent on 06/23/2018
  • Pirate & 60s Bride

Catherine · Married on 03/20/2017

I LOVED my wedding hair & makeup from It’s a Date! DeeAnna, one of the owners, was our artist. I showed her sample photos and she nailed the look! My mother and sister looked stunning. DeeAnna arrived at our hotel right on time and she brings everything you need… even false eyelashes she trims to suit your wedding style and bobby pins for your veil. Also less expensive than some other artists ($500 for a bride’s hair and makeup is ridiculous). Highly recommend It’s a Date!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Angela · Married on 11/05/2016

DeeAnna and her team are absolutely AMAZING! I went to The Powder Room a couple of months before my wedding not entirely sure what I wanted to do, and I gave DeeAnna freedom to do whatever she thought. She made me feel absolutely beautiful handling both my hair and makeup. She knows exactly what she is doing, and can trust her entirely. On the day of the wedding, she brought along a team of 3 other women to handle hair and makeup for 12 of us and everyone looked GORGEOUS and we were all finished in about 2.5 hours - that's fast! I can't say enough amazing things about DeeAnna and her team. Any bride will be more than happy with this decision!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Alexandra · Married on 10/08/2016

It’s A Date did a great job for me, my mom, and my three bridesmaids. Jenifer was fun to work worth and knew how to make us all look beautiful. They were fast and flawless. I felt great and I know my mom did, who was worried that her short hair would be a problem. It was fun to have them come onsite where we were getting ready.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Gemma · Married on 08/11/2016

We had a midday wedding at Viansa in Sonoma and planned to get there by 11am; the ladies at It's a Date were more than accommodating arriving bright and early at our hotel before 8am! Whilst we were scoffing on croissants Maizie prepped our hair and Jennifer began our make up.

They were incredibly professional and livened up the room keeping us entertained before the nerves kicked in. We are from the UK so were unable to visit beforehand for a consultation. They worked off photographs from stylists back home and improved them 10 fold.

Our hair and makeup lasted all day and evening even after several glasses of wine and lots of joyful tears.

I could not recommend the team more.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Natalie · Married on 07/17/2016

Deanna is amazing!!! She listened to what I wanted and nailed my makeup on the first attempt during the trial run. I was really unsure of how I wanted my hair, and she was really patient with me as we tried out different options. When I was having a hard time articulating what I liked/didn't like, she helped me talk it out until ultimately we got to place I was happy with! On the morning of my wedding, she came to my hotel with an assistant to do hair and makeup, and they were both rockstars! They were super accommodating and fit in an extra hair and makeup for a bridesmaid who originally hadn't requested those services. They were really patient with all of the many requests of a bridal party on the day of a wedding, and did it all with a smile :) I highly recommend Deanna and It's A Date!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Sharon · Married on 07/10/2016

I had the best experience with Deanna and her hair/makeup stylists! Deanna is amazing and understands how to apply makeup for a wedding, particularly considering how the makeup will photograph and the need for it to stay on for hours and hours. Deanna is incredibly punctual and flexible. She did not blink an eye when I decided last minute to change my hair style on the day of my wedding. She was incredibly calm, confident and honest about what would work and why/why not. My mom, mother-in-law and bridesmaids were all happy with their hair and makeup and everyone looked absolutely beautiful. Thank you Deanna!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Anya · Married on 06/05/2016

I’m so happy that I found It’s a Date! As someone who didn’t want to look “done up” and wanted a natural look for my wedding day, I was really nervous about getting my hair and makeup done. Those nerves were totally misplaced! Mary was easygoing from the minute I met her for the trial and was perfectly laid back on the day of the wedding. She worked with me to find a makeup look that worked for me, and even convinced me to wear false lashes (amazing!). My makeup turned out great and stayed put for the whole event, through sweat and sun and lots of tears. I loved the updo that Mary did for me at the trial, and was even more impressed with the lovely waterfall braid she did for me when I changed my mind at the last minute on the day of the wedding. She was very confident and accommodating, and is clearly very knowledgeable about what she does! I would absolutely recommend this salon to any bride who wants to feel like the best version of herself on her wedding day. Thank you Mary and It’s a Date!!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Amy · Married on 11/06/2015

I had Mary come to our wedding venue to do both my hair and make-up. Since I was doing a destination wedding, I was not able to do a run through before the wedding or meet Mary before the day of. I was extremely happy with everything on the day of. She was very nice and great at offering suggestions and taking all of my feedback. My make-up looked flawless and my hair was exactly as I wanted it.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Deanna was so great. She listened to what I wanted and made my ideas into reality. She was easy to work with and just so nice! She was on time, and worked fast which I appreciated since the day was so hectic! My mother and bridesmaid had their hair done as well and were very pleased with their updos. I would highly recommend It's a Date, especially Deanna!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Chelsea · Married on 09/04/2015

Deanna was fabulous! She made me feel like a super model and was so easy to work with. She really listened to what I wanted and had great input based on her years of experience. My MOH, mother and I all looked flawless the entire day and night!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Being from Phoenix, AZ and planning our wedding in Sonoma, CA, I was most nervous about my hair and makeup. Of course, as the bride, I wanted to look perfect, but I had no idea where to even start my search for professionals to help me the day of our wedding. Thankfully, my wedding planner sent me to It's A Date at the Powder Room. Heather Romero did my hair and makeup and she was awesome! I met with her on a trip up there in February and even though she was pregnant and sick, she still came to meet me and do my trial. I was so grateful to her because I was only in town for that one day. Her true professionalism and willingness to go that extra mile made me know that I was in good hands for our wedding day. Heather and her assistant did the hair and makeup for eight of us the day of our wedding, and everyone looked stunning. The girls felt comfortable, they enjoyed working with them, and they made everyone depart for our wedding feeling calm and confident. Heather really listened to what I was wanting, she worked with my extremely long and thick hair, and she produced an end result that was exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciated her promptness and willingness to make sure I felt and looked beautiful on my big day. I would recommend It's A Date to any bride getting married in wine country and if I got to go back and do it again, I would definitely hire them all over.

Sent on 09/14/2015