The Powder Room Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Caroline E. Married on 04/18/2022

LOVED The Powder Room. Highly recommend!!

The Powder Room was recommended to us by our planner. We had the BEST experience with DeeAnna and the team. They were so accommodating with COVID changes, and made us look absolutely beautiful on the wedding day. HIGHLY recommend!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 10/30/2021

Best Wedding Hair & Makeup Team!!

Ashley and her team did an AMAZING job for my wedding on 10.30.2021!! I could not have asked for a better experience. Me and my bridesmaids hair and makeup were perfect! The team was also the most efficient wedding hair and makeup team I have ever seen. Overall such a perfect experience and I am so glad I had them to help do my hair and makeup on the best day of my life! :)
    Erika G. Married on 10/08/2021

Amazing Hair Stylist!

We were very impressed with our hairstylist for our Sonoma Wedding! We received so many compliments on Mary D's work. She absolutely nailed my bridal up-do and put me at ease the entire time. Our wedding party has not stopped talking about how impressed they were with her services. The Powder Room is responsive and easy to work with. Thank you for making us feel so glamorous!
  • Kristin
    Kristin E. Married on 09/04/2021

Such a great experience!

DeeAnna and her team are amazing! They did such an incredible job with the hair and makeup for my wedding. They traveled to our Airbnb which made it so easy on the day. I also highly recommend doing the bridal hair and makeup trial as I wasn't fully sure what I wanted and ended up tweaking a couple things on the day-of. In addition to my bridesmaids, they also did hair and makeup for my sister-in-law, my mom, and a number of my mom's friends who wanted to try it out. Some came armed with inspiration photos and others just asked them to do whatever they thought would look best. Everyone was so happy with the results! DeeAnna wasn't phased by the different ages, hair lengths, style choices, or skin tones of those involved - we were all very impressed. My sister-in-law has been in a lot of weddings and has had mediocre hair/makeup done many times but said that DeeAnna was really one of the best experiences she's had. Our hair and makeup looked great all night! It was a warm day and all I had to do was dab on a little bit of powder once or twice throughout the night if I thought I was getting shiny. I can't recommend The Powder Room enough!
  • Katharine
    Katharine S. Married on 07/24/2021

Classic Beauty

My husband and I had our wedding at the end of July and The Powder Room was able to do my bridal hair and makeup along with my 4 bridesmaids, our officiant, MOB, MOG, & SMOG. We had 3 stylists which was perfect for our size party. We were not rushing to get the venue because everyone was done before we needed to leave. Pre-COVID we had a different stylist but DeeAnn was able to give me a new trail and ended up being much more my style. She was so professional and made me feel calm on the day of. I felt so beautiful and got so many compliments on how amazing both my hair and makeup was.
    Jessica T. Married on 07/02/2021

Wonderful!

I worked with Jen and her team for my wedding in July and they were absolutely a joy to work with! We did a trial run prior to the big day and got to test all different sorts of hairstyles and makeup applications. I sent a ton of feedback to Jen after the appointment, and she took note of everything for the big day! They arrived early and had all hair and makeup done (bride + 6 bridesmaids) on time. The hair and makeup looked great- all hair stayed in place and the makeup wasn’t heavy or cakey. They let us customize our hairstyles so that everyone could do something different. I highly recommend working with Jen and team!
    Claire M. Married on 05/29/2021

Exquisite hair & makeup!

After my original hair & makeup artist backed out three weeks before the event, Dee from The Powder Room saved the day! Tisha and her partner were even better than our original vendor!! Tisha took the time to understand my vision, and executed it FLAWLESSLY. I have never felt more beautiful nor more myself than I did on my wedding day. I don’t know if anyone could have done it better.

I'm so grateful for The Powder Room's flexibility, professionalism, and artistry - I’d recommend them (especially Tisha!) to any Sonoma Bride!!
    (Photos by Janine Licare Photography)
  • Sara
    Sara C. Married on 12/05/2020

Fantastic, warm stylist who made me feel like the absolute prettiest version of myself

I booked Heather to do my hair and makeup for both myself and my mom for my wedding in Guernevilla, California, and it was absolutely wonderful. I've had my hair and makeup done for other weddings and have never quite felt like "myself." Both my mom and I are pretty wash and wear kind of people, and Heather did such an amazing job of making us feel comfortable.

During my trial I talked to her about what I was thinking. She was awesome about listening and trying different things. I really felt the most beautiful I've ever felt on my wedding day. I was a COVID bride, and so many of my friends weren't able to be there with me on that day, but even via a Zoom call before I walked down the aisle (and even after I got home), I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup. Heather is not only a great stylist, but she is a warm, engaging person who is fun to hang out with...killer combo.

Heather, thank you for making my mom and I feel so wonderful on such a special day.
  • Lisa
    Lisa M. Married on 10/11/2019

Hair and Makeup

Deanna was amazing to work with! She makes it personal and gets to know you and what you like! She was easy to talk to and very responsive when I sent questions or changes. They are flexible when I had to add on more people to the schedule and the day of they were AMAZING! They worked so hard and got everyone done on time and absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend them if you want organization and quality service!
  • Tammy
    Tammy Married on 10/05/2019

A superb hair and makeup experience!

Jenifer and her team of hair and makeup artists were phenomenal! I loved my hair and makeup trial run, my rehearsal day hair and makeup, and wedding day hair and makeup for me, mothers, my aunt and my 4 bridesmaids (8 of us)! Jenifer and her team were excellent and I will happily hire them again for my next event!!!
    C Married on 09/27/2019

Simply the BEST

Our elopement planner put me in touch with Deanna. I easily booked a hair trial a few days before. Deanna was so easy to talk to and listened to my ideas as to how I wanted my hair. I was so pleased with the hair and makeup trial...and it lasted all day! The day of our wedding she came to our hotel and recreated the look I loved all over again. Again, the hair and makeup stayed "put and perfect" all day (and throughout a slightly windy ceremony.) Her skills and professionalism are unmatched!
    Lalena Married on 09/12/2019
    I had a wonderful experience at the Powder Room for my bridal hair and makeup. The wedding coordinator was extremely professional and accommodating in not only fitting me into their already busy schedule with only a two month notice, but also when I needed to change the time of my appointment for the day of our wedding.

At the Powder Room I had the pleasure of working with Corrinne. When we first met for my trial we discussed my dress, my likes and dislikes, and went over a few photos that I had brought along. Then she worked her magic. In just under two hours Corrinne had taken my hair and makeup vision and made it into a reality. The wedding day was even easier and I couldn’t have been happier; she definitely exceeded my expectations. Corrinne is incredibly professional, easy to talk to, and fun to work with!

Overall, my experience at the Powder Room was incredibly positive and I am grateful for all the hard work that went into making our wedding day even more special!
    Madison Married on 07/20/2019

DeeAnna is amazing

I worked with DeeAnna (and 2 assistants for my bridesmaids/moms) and I feel so lucky! I have quite a few allergies to makeup products and DeeAnna was so diligent and thoughtful in helping me find products that would work for the wedding day. We also did 2 hair trials as I just couldn't quite decide what I wanted and on the day of she really helped get the look just as I wanted, making me feel like me! She and her team are the ultimate professionals, moving quickly through all 9 of us but also making it fun! Thank you thank you!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 06/14/2019

Nailed it.

DeeAnna (one of the owners) and her lovely assistant did my hair and makeup, along with two bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law for my wedding on 6.14.19. All I can say is that Dee is a freaking hair and makeup wizard. I went in for a trial a few months before the we dding and then changed my mind (of course), so I was a little nervous about going a different direction on my wedding day. DeeAnna totally nailed it and I felt ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Highly, highly recommended
    Ali R. Married on 06/13/2019

Powder Room made me feel like a queen

I was never that little girl who grew up dreaming about her fairytale wedding. I was preparing to DIY hair and makeup for my big day but then I started thinking that maybe hair and makeup would really make it extra special and my goodness and I glad I did. Heather and the Powder Room team are amazing. They're super talented, super lovely to be around, and super on-it. I went in to my trial a few weeks ago without much in the way of examples or ideas. I walked out of the salon looking like a model. Heather is also just like a real person who you can talk with---so collaborating with her on my look was easy. The day of the wedding was a soaker and she helped make sure that my hair was going to make it through the event. She also did an updo for my niece who might have the most thick, dense hair in the Northern Hemisphere and she killed it. My niece said she felt "really pretty" :) Heather also made makeup was also stunning. All in all I was super happy with the whole experience and would absolutely recommend Heather and the Powder Room team for your big day.
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 06/08/2019

Pure perfection!

Deanna and crew were fabulous. They have an intimate understanding of how to style make everyone look and few beautiful, and understand that it’s different for each person. Not to mention that they are just great people and a blast to work with. We all laughed ourselves silly sitting there chatting while getting our hair and makeup done. Being able to find someone who is both great at the service they provide and also had a crew of friendly and easy going people makes the experience so great.

I was unsure of what I wanted for my hair, and Deanna was endlessly patient during the trial when we tried more styles than I could count. When I eventually thought I’d decided on having my hair down and curly, she suggested that I wear my hair similarly to my next dress fitting to see if I liked how it worked with the dress. I’m SO glad she suggested this because trying the dress with my hair down (I’d always had it up for fittings) convinced me that up was the way to go. And on my wedding day I wore it up and was so happy I did.

Beyond that, I have unreasonably thick and heavy hair. Deanna was able to get it up, and very solidly held there so it didn’t fall out and didn’t hurt - a big big task.

I’d hands down recommend working with this crew!

Thank you so so much for all you did for me, my bridesmaids, and the moms! You made me feel absolutely gorgeous during my big day!
  • Anca
    Anca Married on 11/11/2018

Ashley is amazing!

Ashely is a phenomenal makeup artist and hair stylist. She understood exactly what I wanted to achieve on my wedding day and made it happen! She is supper friendly, professional and open so suggestions. Thank you so much for creating my "Hollywood" look.
    Caitlin Married on 05/05/2018
    DeeAnna transformed me into a goddess! My makeup was absolutely stunning, I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. I was super nervous booking hair and makeup for my destination wedding since I wasn't going to be able to do a trial until the day before. DeeAnna and her staff were so professional and made me feel so comfortable. I highly highly recommend DeeAnna.
  • Ann
    Ann Married on 04/26/2018
    I booked DeeAnna and Jen (the owners) for my small wedding in Napa – hair and makeup for myself, mom, sister, and mother-in-law. They were AWESOME! We were SO pleased with the final product and especially how great everyone looked in our wedding photos. DeeAnna was super quick with communications, they arrived on time, and she was flexible when I moved the start time back one hour a month out from the wedding date. (We were married on a Thursday.) I highly recommend It's a Date for your wedding OR elopement! Thanks, DeeAnna and Jen!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 10/14/2017
    Mazie Contreras from It's a Date did the makeup for my wedding and I cannot understate what a wonderful job she did, and under some extreme circumstances.

I was originally planning to get married in Santa Rosa but due to the horrific fires we needed to move our wedding to San Francisco. We fully expected to need to find another makeup artist at the last minute due to the crisis situation and change in venue (all reasonable circumstances), but Mazie still made herself available and traveled to SF for us.

She did the makeup for myself, my best friend/MOH, my mother, and my husband's mom and stepmom. Everyone was so thrilled with how their makeup turned out (which, as a perpetual bridesmaid, I can tell you is rare, especially with a range in ages). She was calm, kind, and asked questions about what we wanted, made helpful (but not forceful) suggestions about what would photograph best, and was just so pleasant and warm that it was a joy to have her around.

I'm so grateful to Mazie for helping carry through some of our original vision as a lot of other pieces shifted. I highly recommend her to other brides!

Maggie Married on 09/03/2017
    Elyse was amazing. She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day!!! From the beginning, I couldn't have been happier with the service that I received! When I had to last minute reschedule my hair and make-up trial - she was incredibly flexible. Then, when I showed up for the trial, she made me feel so special and was incredibly attentive. I wanted to go for a natural look - but be my prettiest self, and she nailed it. She also helped me articulate what I really wanted - I wanted my hair to look soft but elegant, and my make-up to be appropriate for an outdoor wedding, but still something a little bit more dramatic than my normal minimal make-up look.
    Then - the best was the wedding. Elyse and her assistant did hair and make-up for me, my 2 sisters, my mom, and my husband's mom. I knew she was going to make me look and feel beautiful, but I couldn't believe how stunning everyone in my family looked - and how confident we all felt! Elyse was incredible with listening to the look that everyone wanted and then pulling out the perfect shades from her toolkit for all. I can't speak highly enough of her work!
    Nina Married on 08/06/2017
    This review is long overdue but I wanted to take the time to thank DeeAnna for her excellent service. I had about 5 consultations with other hairdressers/makeup artists before finding her and she was by far the best. She did a great job listening to what I wanted and helping figure out what would look best on me. I really wanted someone to look at my features and tell me what would work best and she did just that. I think that is really hard to do and goes to show just how great she is at her job. She is really talented and I would highly recommend her.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Catherine Married on 03/20/2017
    I LOVED my wedding hair & makeup from It’s a Date! DeeAnna, one of the owners, was our artist. I showed her sample photos and she nailed the look! My mother and sister looked stunning. DeeAnna arrived at our hotel right on time and she brings everything you need… even false eyelashes she trims to suit your wedding style and bobby pins for your veil. Also less expensive than some other artists ($500 for a bride’s hair and makeup is ridiculous). Highly recommend It’s a Date!
    Angela Married on 11/05/2016
    DeeAnna and her team are absolutely AMAZING! I went to The Powder Room a couple of months before my wedding not entirely sure what I wanted to do, and I gave DeeAnna freedom to do whatever she thought. She made me feel absolutely beautiful handling both my hair and makeup. She knows exactly what she is doing, and can trust her entirely. On the day of the wedding, she brought along a team of 3 other women to handle hair and makeup for 12 of us and everyone looked GORGEOUS and we were all finished in about 2.5 hours - that's fast! I can't say enough amazing things about DeeAnna and her team. Any bride will be more than happy with this decision!
    Alexandra Married on 10/08/2016
    It’s A Date did a great job for me, my mom, and my three bridesmaids. Jenifer was fun to work worth and knew how to make us all look beautiful. They were fast and flawless. I felt great and I know my mom did, who was worried that her short hair would be a problem. It was fun to have them come onsite where we were getting ready.