It Takes The Cake Reviews

It Takes The Cake 4
It Takes The Cake 5

Megan · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing cake!

Jeanine is amazing to work with. From the very start, she worked with me to make sure I had everything that I wanted for my wedding cake. On my wedding day, our beautiful cake was delivered and Jeanine carefully placed flowers around the cake and our cake topper. Our cake looked better than the pictures that I sent her. We ordered a larger cake and expected to have leftovers but that did not happen! Guests raved about the moist texture and some came back for seconds. At the end of the night, we were lucky we saved the top layer of the cake for our one year anniversary or else that would have been eaten too!! Thank you so much for everything!

It Takes The Cake 6
    Sent on 04/08/2019

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Megan! Yay! I'm so happy that you were all pleased! It is just such a joy to help make a brides's day. I know we look back at our wedding day with such sweet memories... I'm just glad we found each other and I got to help make yours special! I look forward to a long relationship with your family. I really appreciate your taking the time to write a review for us too. Thank you so much.

Warm regards,
    Jeanine
  • Kylar

Kylar · Married on 03/09/2019

Perfect Cakes

Never has a cake that looks so beautiful tasted just as good as it looks until this one! SO glad we went with It Takes The Cake!! Delicious and perfect design.

(All photos Hannah Michelle Photography)

It Takes The Cake 7
    It Takes The Cake 8
    It Takes The Cake 9
    It Takes The Cake 10
    Sent on 05/03/2019

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Kylar! Thank you so much! I just enjoyed making your cakes so very much! I'm so glad you were pleased. I wish you two the very best and a blessed marriage! -- Jeanine, It Takes The Cake
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 10/13/2018

Knock Your Socks Off Good...

It Takes the Cake was an absolute dream to work with. Jeanine went above and beyond to make sure that our vision came to fruition on our wedding day. Originally, I intended to only have our main cake made here. The process and Jeanine's lovely personality and disposition made us immediately decide to also get our groom's cake made here too. We did not regret our decision. The cakes were gorgeous and knock-your-socks off good. The cake became a buzz at the wedding and our guests were fighting to take the leftovers home. We love this vendor and insist you work with them for your events.

Sent on 12/05/2018

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Wow! Thank you! Susan, I am so glad we could help make your wedding day the kind of day it should be for you. I want you to know I really enjoyed working with you, and just couldn't imagine a sweeter client. Both of your cakes were a delight to make, and I am just thrilled that everyone loved them. Blessings in your life together,
    -Jeanine

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

I have had several cakes from It Takes The Cake. Every time, they are show stoppers. If you want a WOW cake, go with Jeanine. She is THE best hands down!!!

It Takes The Cake 11
    Sent on 12/27/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! It is always a joy to get to help make your celebrations special. I am looking forward to your wedding cake! As busy as you are, for you to take the time to write a review for us is such a special thing; thank you. I pray 2018 brings you all the joy you can handle! -- Jeanine

Chef Leroy · Married on 08/18/2018

The owner is so wonderful, easy going. Great communicator, great personal work and creativity. She made me a personal chef leroy cake and a cake for my client at the time. Amazing work.

It Takes The Cake 12
    Sent on 12/08/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi Chef Leroy! Thank you so much! It means the world to me that you think highly of me and my cakes! And YOU and your FOOD are the bomb! I look forward to a long friendship with many collaborations to come. - Jeanine

Diane · Married on 07/21/2018

I recently ordered an engagement cake from It Takes The Cake. The cake looked fabulous and tasted great. The guests at the party were all raving about how moist and scrumptious it was!
    Jeanine is artistic and her cake designs reflect her ability to create an edible work of art.

Sent on 11/20/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Diane! It just makes my day to hear about people enjoying our cakes. Thank you so much for letting me know. Wow! Wonderful! Thank you also for taking the time to write this review. I'm looking forward!

Mike · Married on 05/25/2018

It takes the cake did a celebration cake that not only looked great, but the cake and buttercream frosting was delicious... recommend It takes the cake for your cake needs

Sent on 12/22/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you Mike for taking the time to write a review for us. I know that time is precious, so this really means a lot. AND thank you so much for loving our cakes! We send cakey love right back to you and look forward to many more celebrations and occasions to help make bright for you! -- Jeanine

Sharon · Married on 01/01/2018

I have had several cakes and cupcakes made from "It Takes A Cake To Make The Party". The cakes and cupcakes were for a baptism and several birthdays. I was always pleased with the outcome. Jeanine is a fantastic artist and her cakes/cupcakes show it. The cakes/cupcakes didn't last long at our events after everyone marveled at the design they then devoured the cake/cupcakes up - they are that delicious. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me @
    samoconnor@juno.com

Sent on 04/12/2018

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi! Thank you so very much! I enjoy creating your special treats and look forward to each time. Thank you so much for your sweet review, and thank you for taking your valuable time to write one! - Jeanine

Sonya · Married on 12/09/2017

The owner was sweet saw the vision and executed it. I was in a bind and she help me and delivered the cake on time to me. It was a surprise to my husband it was two red boxing gloves calling him the champ. She is amazing with such a God Gift talent and the icing fondue on top was delissh it was not cake left. And the important thing is the cakes were very moist. I would recommend her to anyone such professionalism and on time.

Sent on 12/20/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi Sonya! Merry Christmas! Thank you so very much for leaving such a wonderful review! It was my pleasure!!! I'm just very glad that we could bring it out to you in all that (unusual for us) snow! It warms my heart to know that you all enjoyed the carved cakes and I look forward to many wonderful special events in the future with you guys! I also want to say a special thank-you for your taking the time to stop in and write a review for us! You are the BEST! - Jeanine

Matthew · Married on 11/18/2017

It Takes the Cake was a phenomenal experience. My daughter did not really know what she wanted but they helped with creative input and a gentle approach. The cake looked great AND tasted great!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Saber · Married on 10/21/2017

As a member of the Wedding Industry myself, I expected nothing but the best from “It Takes The Cake”. I was not let down in the least, Jeanine was kind, courteous & very responsive. I told her what I wanted my wedding cake to be and she definitely delivered. Our cake was very elegant, delicious & exactly what we wanted!

It Takes The Cake 13
    Sent on 11/14/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you so much! You guys are definitely wonderful to work with, and I appreciate so much your taking the time to write a review. I really enjoyed making your special cake, and I look forward to celebrations in the future. :D
    - Jeanine

Beth · Married on 10/14/2017

Awesome experience. Very professional and beautiful cakes. They were also delicious not dry and tasteless. Best cake ever!!

It Takes The Cake 14
    Sent on 12/01/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi Beth! Thank you sooo much! I really enjoyed making Laura's cakes. It makes my heart sing when I make the bride (and bride's mom) very happy. It was a joy to work with you guys and I look forward to when they have babies...
    ; ) I really appreciate your taking the time to write this review for me. That means the world too. Without customers like you willing to support us, I/we could not keep going.

Monica · Married on 10/02/2017

Totally professional! The cake was the highlight of my daughters reception. The cake consisted of three tiers with over a 100 real roses on each layer. Jeanine owner of It Takes The Cake meticulously placed each rose and even dethorned them before putting them on the cake. Words cannot express the beauty of this cake and the graciousness of Jeanine. Not only was this cake beautiful but it was deliciously moist. I would recommend her to anyone needing a wedding cake or any cake for that matter.

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for writing this review for me/us! It's clients like you who are willing to take the time, who really make the difference for the small business. It was an honor to make her cake, and to serve your family. (I think, though, it was 100 roses on the whole cake, not each tier. LOL) But yes, it took a little time. But that is what I'm here for. Thank you again for being such a great client!

Kelsey · Married on 09/23/2017

Great experience with it takes the cake for my wedding in September! Plenty of compliments!

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi Kelsey! Thank you so much for writing this great review for us. I appreciate your time so very much! You were a pleasure to work with as well, and I enjoyed helping to make your day wonderful and memorable (for the right reasons.) We try really hard to understand and give each bride their heart's desire.

Barbara · Married on 09/16/2017

It Takes The Cake made a beautiful Open Bible cake for my mom's 90th birthday. At first mom wasn't sure it was a birthday cake because as she said... "it's too pretty to eat". The cake was a hit with everyone and delicious! We will definitely keep Jeanine at the top of the list for our cake needs. We have recommended her often to others and will continue to do so. Great company to work with.

It Takes The Cake 15
    Sent on 12/18/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi Barbara! Thank you so much for such a sweet review! I appreciate so very much your taking the time to do this for us. As always, we love to make a cake that becomes a heartwarming memory, and making that cake for your mom was a special honor for us! I'm so glad she really loved it! I look forward to many future occasions! Thank you so much! Have a wonderful 2018! - Jeanine

Sydni · Married on 09/02/2017

My wedding and grooms cake was fabulous. Tied right in with the theme and colors of our wedding. Will definitely be using your services in the future! Thanks It Takes The Cake!

It Takes The Cake 16
    It Takes The Cake 17
    Sent on 11/17/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Sydni! Thank you sooo much for taking the time to write a special review for us. You guys were wonderful to work with to and I pray blessings over your new life together. I look forward to working with you for many years to come. :) Jeanine

Natasha · Married on 08/19/2017

Jeanine made me two outstanding cakes for my wedding. Very pleased and happy on such a wonderful job!! She’s very understanding, kind and very responsive. Exactly what I imagined and hoped for!!

It Takes The Cake 18
    It Takes The Cake 19
    Sent on 11/14/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Natasha! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! Thank you also for your sweet review. It means so much to us to not only hear from you that you loved your cakes, but to actually see it written down in a review! I feel so blessed! Thank you again. I look forward to future celebrations with you guys. - Jeanine
  • F

Faeza · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I don't live in Georgia but we found Jeanine online and could not have been happier with the beautiful cake she did for our Atlanta wedding. She was always very prompt and helpful in all her email correspondence and I felt like she really listened to my ideas and vision for the wedding cake while also giving helpful suggestions based on her expertise and experience. She was also very accommodating with the tasting and dropped off delicious cupcakes on the one weekend that we both were in town. On the big day, the cake was as beautiful as it was tasty and arrived with no hitches at all. There were lots of things I had to worry about for my wedding but Jeanine's cake from It Takes the Cake was not one of them. I highly recommend her for weddings or any other event.

It Takes The Cake 20
    Sent on 11/28/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of us, and for taking the time again to do it! It was truly our pleasure to get to help make your wedding day special! We pray blessings over you guys, and wish you a blessed, prosperous, and Happy 2018! I look forward to the time when we get to celebrate new little ones with you! - Jeanine

Gabe · Married on 06/30/2017

We used It Takes The Cake in Lawrenceville. Jeanine created an amazing three tiered cake for my wife's 50th birthday. She made each layer a different one of her favorite flavors. This cake was moist, very flavorful and beautiful too! Jeanine is such a kind and thoughtful person as well as a talented artist. I highly recommend this business!

It Takes The Cake 21
    Sent on 12/10/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi Gabe! Thank you so very much! It was my pleasure to create something she would love and to help make her day special. It just brings me such joy to know you guys were pleased. -Jeanine
  • W

Whitney · Married on 12/10/2016

I have used It Takes the Cake for all of my cakes for the past 6 years. Every cake is an absolute work of art and far exceeds all expectations. Our wedding cake was no different. Jeanine is very easy to work with and always makes your vision become a beautiful reality. She is the only person I will ever use for all my cakes!

It Takes The Cake 22
    It Takes The Cake 23
    It Takes The Cake 24
    Sent on 11/19/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

I really have enjoyed working for (and with) you the entire time! I'm so grateful to have you as such a wonderful client and to be part of all your special celebrations. I also want you to know that I really appreciate your taking the time to come here and write such a sweet review for us. It is very special to me. Thank you.

Mitze · Married on 10/22/2016

My daughter’s wedding cake.
    It was just perfect. Just exactly what she wanted and I couldn’t have asked for more.  It was beautiful and tasty!
    She is easy to work with, personable, and took the time to really focus on my questions and needs.
    I would recommend her to anyone.

It Takes The Cake 25

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you so very much for your sweet review! It was a joy to create her cake, and we are so honored that we were able to serve you and help make her day!

Karissa · Married on 10/01/2016

Jeanine made a fantastic cake! We had a four tiered red velvet cake with gold ribbons on the bottom of each tier, and while I was nervous ordering a cake from an online only vendor, everything turned out wonderfully! The cake was moist and delicious, and everyone was complimenting how pretty it was. Jeanine did a marvelous job!

Sent on 10/07/2016

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Karissa! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review for us. I enjoyed working with you very much, and it was so rewarding to see your great big smile over your cake! I look forward to many other celebrations with you, and you guys are just the bomb! Love you! - Jeanine

Marion · Married on 09/08/2016

It Takes The Cake made our special events cake, with the theme New Orleans!
    We loved it!
    It tasted really wonderful too! - Just like it should, with both great design and flavor!
    We will use It Takes The Cake anytime we need a special event cake!

Sent on 12/13/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Hi Marion! Thank you so much! We enjoyed every minute of making your special cake! It was a fun theme. I know Anthony misses New Orleans sometimes. I also want to say a special thanks to your for taking time to write a review for us! Reviews really do make a difference! I look forward to many more cakes with you! - Jeanine

Meghan · Married on 06/26/2016

I absolutely adored my cakes from Jeanine! I got a lingerie cake from her for my lingerie shower and it blew me away. It turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined! She did my wedding cake as well and it was perfect. It was exactly what I wanted and absolutely beautiful. And it tasted amazing! We picked a different flavor for each of the 3 layers of the cake, and there was not a crumb left at the wedding because all our guests wanted a slice of each flavor. Everyone raved on Facebook about how good the cake was. I will be using her in the future for sure whenever I need another cake :)

It Takes The Cake 26
    It Takes The Cake 27
    It Takes The Cake 28

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review for us! Wow! Making both of your cakes just tripped my trigger! I LOVED making them.
    You guys are so sweet and were so easy to work with. Thank you again! I look forward to future celebrations (babies :D ) with you! -Jeanine

Patti · Married on 06/25/2016

Delicious cakes made by It Takes The Cake! People were going back for seconds and both cakes were completely gone. The groom's cake was chocolate with Reeses Peanut Butter. OH MY GOSH! It was the best cake I've ever eaten! I might add that I'm the bride's grandma and have definitely eaten my share of wedding cakes over the years. lol

It Takes The Cake 29
    Sent on 11/17/2017

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Patti for taking the time to write such a sweet review for us. It was a pleasure meeting you and a total joy to serve your granddaughter and help give her, her dream cake! I'm so blessed. Thank you again! - Jeanine