It Takes The Cake

Lawrenceville, GA View map

It Takes The Cake is a professional cake bakery based in Lawrenceville, Georgia. We have been part of the wedding industry since 2008, delivering delicious cakes throughout the Metro area including Duluth, Johns Creek, Peachtree Corners, Sandy Springs, Roswell, and Downtown Atlanta. Our bakery specializes in custom-decorated wedding cakes and edible-art cakes for all occasions. We are a fully licensed, inspected, and insured Georgia Cottage Bakery which means we don't have a store front. We love the idea of helping every couple make their celebration fun and memorable, and since we are a Cottage Bakery we only take a few cakes at a time enabling us to give you a more personal experience.

It Takes The Cake offers a wide variety of products that suit any occasion. These include wedding cakes that feature various flavors & designs which include fondant covered, buttercream iced, nearly-naked, marbled, and more. Cupcakes, cookies and groom’s cakes are also available. The company's event services include:

• Consultations
  • Custom design
  • Delivery
  • Private tastings
  • Setup
  • Woman-owned

$4

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$5

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$4

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free

What special ingredients do you use?

Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

Megan Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing cake!

Jeanine is amazing to work with. From the very start, she worked with me to make sure I had everything that I wanted for my wedding cake. On my wedding day, our beautiful cake was delivered and Jeanine carefully placed flowers around the cake and our cake topper. Our cake looked better than the pictures that I sent her. We ordered a larger cake and expected to have leftovers but that did not happen! Guests raved about the moist texture and some came back for seconds. At the end of the night, we were lucky we saved the top layer of the cake for our one year anniversary or else that would have been eaten too!! Thank you so much for everything!

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Megan! Yay! I'm so happy that you were all pleased! It is just such a joy to help make a brides's day. I know we look back at our wedding day with such sweet memories... I'm just glad we found each other and I got to help make yours special! I look forward to a long relationship with your family. I really appreciate your taking the time to write a review for us too. Thank you so much.

Warm regards,
    Jeanine
  • Kylar
    Kylar Married on 03/09/2019

Perfect Cakes

Never has a cake that looks so beautiful tasted just as good as it looks until this one! SO glad we went with It Takes The Cake!! Delicious and perfect design.

(All photos Hannah Michelle Photography)

It Takes The Cake's reply:

HI Kylar! Thank you so much! I just enjoyed making your cakes so very much! I'm so glad you were pleased. I wish you two the very best and a blessed marriage! -- Jeanine, It Takes The Cake
  • Susan
    Susan Married on 10/13/2018

Knock Your Socks Off Good...

It Takes the Cake was an absolute dream to work with. Jeanine went above and beyond to make sure that our vision came to fruition on our wedding day. Originally, I intended to only have our main cake made here. The process and Jeanine's lovely personality and disposition made us immediately decide to also get our groom's cake made here too. We did not regret our decision. The cakes were gorgeous and knock-your-socks off good. The cake became a buzz at the wedding and our guests were fighting to take the leftovers home. We love this vendor and insist you work with them for your events.

It Takes The Cake's reply:

Wow! Thank you! Susan, I am so glad we could help make your wedding day the kind of day it should be for you. I want you to know I really enjoyed working with you, and just couldn't imagine a sweeter client. Both of your cakes were a delight to make, and I am just thrilled that everyone loved them. Blessings in your life together,
    -Jeanine

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Pricing

AWS Floral Design & A Wedding In Silk AWS Floral Design & A Wedding In Silk Wedding Florists

I cannot say enough good things about Jeanine and Tom! The cakes they create are so beautiful and taste heavenly! They made my birthday cake last Summer and everyone went crazy over all the wonderful flavors! I've had their cake on several occasions now and I highly recommend this business!

Wedding Avenue Wedding Avenue Wedding Photographers

Great company to deal with. We highly recommend.

313 Patterson Road Lawrenceville, GA, 30044
6785512087

By appointment only
Location of (It Takes The Cake)

Other vendors in Atlanta for your wedding