Island Style Weddings Reviews

Island Style Weddings 3
Island Style Weddings 4
Island Style Weddings 5

Micah · Married on 06/17/2012

Mary exceeded all of my expectations. There are so many extra special details she added to make our day perfect. Her decor inventory for the ceremony and reception and her decorating ideas were beautiful and a great value. She was always very timely and helpful in responding to phone calls or emails. I was very stressed with our wedding planning when I initially spoke with Mary and she immediately calmed me and I was assured everything would be taken care of perfectly and just how I wanted. We were having a terrible experience with a different wedding coordinator on St John (Ceremonies), forfeited our deposit, and hired Mary 1 month before our wedding and she pulled everything together very smoothly and absolutely beautifully. Mary very quickly had a great feel for our styles and everything was executed just how we wanted! Going with Mary was one of the best decisions we made made in our wedding planning process.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Our most heartfelt thanks to Mary! When we made the decision to renew our vows in St. John - we didn't really even know where to begin. Mary was referred to us and what a blessing this referral turned out to be!

Mary guided us through the planning process - including suggestions on the ceremony and assistance with vendors. As we met with her to share and prepare for the actual event, we were comforted by her professionalism and kindness. Then - on the day of the renewal it all went so smoothly. She was so gracious and kind and did such a great job as she served as officiant, planner and hopefully a new friend!

As a family this was such a special time and Mary guided us through - shared in the beautiful ceremony and allowed for us to have an incredible renewal in celebration of our 30th anniversary.

Thanks, Mary - I'll recommend you every chance I get - and who knows - maybe we'll do this again for another special anniversary celebration!

Barbara and Lance

Sent on 07/28/2012

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2012

Mary was very professional. She was quick to respond to any questions we had and to offer suggestions that we may not have thought of. She was very flexible and catered to our needs. Overall, we had a great experience with Island Style Weddings.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Sara · Married on 06/02/2012

I only have the finest things to say of Island Style Weddings and its team-Mary and Leah. These two are so professional, responsive, innovative, and calm, cool and collected. I truly enjoyed working with them every step of the way and enjoyed my experience with Island Style Weddings more than I could have ever imagined. Bravo-Job well done!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Sara, we were so happy to be part of your beautiful wedding- we wish you much happiness in your life together and hope to see you back on St John soon! Mary and Leah

Reza · Married on 06/02/2012

All my bride and I can say is THANK YOU to Leah and Mary for making our wedding go off perfectly. They are kind, professional, timely, and always there for you during the entire process. They make the experience enjoyable and comfortable so you don't have to stress and be anxious as weddings I'm sure can make people. We are so happy we had island style weddings because part of the great experience was having them. I highly recommend them to anyone without any reservation.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Jaime · Married on 05/31/2012

If you are planning your wedding on St. John you MUST use Island Style Weddings!!! Mary and Leah were fabulous from start to finish. Our goal was to have a very stress free wedding and Mary/Leah gave us just that. I was so impressed from the very first time I contacted Mary, she responded to my email very quickly and that level of service never stopped. When you are planning a wedding an ocean away you pray your expectations will be met....mine were exceeded!!! My flowers were gorgeous, and our photographer took some of the most amazing shots of us! Mary officiated our ceremony and it was absolute perfection. Thank you Island Style Weddings! You made our day a dream come true

Sent on 07/05/2012

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2012

Mary and Leah did an amazing job with our wedding of 90 guests in St. John. Planning a wedding from so far away could have been challenging if not for the expertise of Mary. Mary and Leah went out of their way to make sure my family and friends experienced "the best wedding they have ever been too". Leah even sang two songs at our wedding. Working with Mary was an absolute pleasure and I would strongly recommend anyone who is planning a wedding in the Islands to use her, for it really makes it a stress free event.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Kelly and Andrew, we loved working with you and loved seeing your vision turn into reality, here's to many happy years together to come!

Mary · Married on 05/16/2012

Mary Bartolucci graciously agreed to take over the ceremony when our scheduled officiant was unable to obtain a day pass for the park. She had been recommended to us by the scheduled officiant who is a personal friend of hers. Mary Bartolucci took over seamlessly and demonstrated good nature (calling and then waiting for flowers that the florist had forgotten to deliver to the beach) and tremendous sincerity of presence on the day of the ceremony. Thank you!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Mary, I love being part of a very private romantic ceremony, best wishes to you and David!

Anna · Married on 05/15/2012

Mary and Leah were extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and helped to make the wedding worry-free. We can not thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day so special.

I do not know if there are any areas we can comment on for areas of improvement - our day really did turn out great. I appreciate being able to be so involved with the ceremony and especially like the moment given to us during the ceremony. Everyone who attended and those I have told since being home about the ceremony all agree that that was a very special touch to the ceremony.

I recommend Mary and Island Style Weddings to anyone thinking about getting married on St. John.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Anna, it was a pleasure to be part of your wedding. We hope to do a vow renewal for you on St John, warm wishes from the islands,

Mary and Leah

Rebecca · Married on 05/14/2012

Our wedding in St. John was AMAZING thanks to Mary and Leah of Island Style Weddings. Although we only had 26 guests, planning a wedding from a distance was stressful, not only because of the time spent thinking about it, but because you must put so much trust in your wedding planner. I had never been to St. John (my husband had so he knew the location would be beautiful), but we had never seen the ceremony or reception sites, had never met any of the vendors, but our blind faith in Mary turned out to be spot on. Her recommendations couldn't have been better. She was always professional and timely on every call and email we exchanged. Our guests were so impressed with how beautiful and easy the entire wedding was (as were we). I wish we could go back and re-make that weekend every year!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Rebecca - it was great to meet you finally and spend time with you and your handsome husband. We loved helping you create your dream wedding,
    best of luck in med school! Mary and Leah

Kristina · Married on 04/18/2012

Mary and her team were amazing in all aspects possible. They pulled off an amazing ceremony and photos of my wedding but also helped with simple island information. I never had to worry about my wedding once throughout the planning process and would recommend Mary and her team 1000 times over.

Sent on 05/18/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Krissy, we were very happy to be able to help you with your wedding, we hope to see you back on St John soon!

Joselyn · Married on 03/24/2012

Mary was great throughout the entire process. We planned my wedding for about 9 months. During that time she was very prompt with her email responses, which is so important to any bride-to-be, planning a wedding from afar. She was very patient with me and gave me the time I needed to make decisions on vendors, while making sure that I remained on schedule. Planning a destination wedding can be challenging, but Mary will guide you in the right direction and make sure you only work with reputable vendors. The flowers were beautiful! The cake was one of the best we've ever had. Our reception dinner was truly a gourmet experience, our photographer and videographer were delightful to work with. Our ceremony music was beautiful, but unfortunately it was difficult to hear her lovely voice, so we could not fully appreciate it.

The reason we chose Island Style Weddings vs. other wedding planners was that Mary was willing to work with us to make OUR vision a reality... We did not have to conform to a cookie cutter wedding package. My husband and I, wanted a wedding ceremony and reception that was special and memorable, and it was. Our guests, are still talking about how wonderful the wedding was.

Mary did a nice job in the months leading to the wedding, but where Mary really shines is on the day of the wedding. TRUST me, that day you will be so happy you hired Mary. I did not encounter a single moment of stress on my wedding day, which is pretty amazing (most of my girl friends can't say the same about their wedding experiences)! Peace of mind on your wedding day is invaluable... and that's what you're buying with Island Style Weddings.

Sent on 04/14/2012

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Joselyn and David, we were so happy to be part of your beautiful wedding and reception. Your families are lovely and it just made all of it that much more fun! All the best, Mary and Leah

Renee' · Married on 11/11/2011

Mary is such a professional. She truly made our day special! She even saved the day when my bridal bouquet from another vendor turned out poorly, she had her florist make me a new one within an hour!! What a blessing she was for us. We highly recommend her for anyone who is getting married.

Regards,

Dr. and Mrs. Jose Ruiz

Sent on 11/26/2011

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you we had a ball working with you and hope you and your families will have many more trips to the island to see us, stay happy always!

Christopher & Sarah · Married on 11/11/2011

Our experience with Mary and Island Style Weddings was amazing! Our faith in her was blind since we relied on her to plan everything in St. John for us while we were in Connecticut. She coordinated our flowers, transportation, ceremony location, photographer, videographer, sent us ceremony options and guided us with our long distance marriage liscence process. The first time we met face to face was the day before our wedding but for months before that Mary was always available for help with our questions and concerns. Everything came together perfectly. Because we were by ourselves my wife had nobody to help her get ready the morning of our wedding...Mary's assistant Leah filled that void expertly. Mary obviously takes a lot of care in being available for and knowing her clients. This was obvious when the day of our wedding my wife was approached at our location by another wedding officiant saying that she was doing our wedding when she defintely was not! This other planner or officiant clearly did not even meet once with whomever she thought she was performing a ceremony for! Mary and all of her Island Style Weddings resources went above and beyond for our special day and we highly reccomend them to anyone planning a wedding in the future!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Island Style Weddings's reply:

How fun was it to be part of the Kelly's marry the Kelly's on 11-11-11! We loved the " family" who became part of the ceremony as well- thank you for allowing us to be part of your day!

Beth · Married on 11/04/2011

I can not say enough positive things about Mary and Island Style Weddings. Mary was there for me throughout the entire year of wedding planning and most importantly, on the big day. She answered all emails with record speed and set up multiple phone conversations when I wanted to review certain details. She was always ready to work around my schedule and made sure the conversations were thorough, yet efficient.

One of the best things about choosing Mary as our wedding planner was her expertise in both vendor and venue selection. She has alot of experience in the business and can recommend superior photography, videography, entertainment, and floral vendors. In terms of venues, we new Caneel Bay was our choice as soon as we saw it, but Mary still spent time touring my mom and I around various villas to explore other options.

Mary was genuinely interested in our wedding vision. She requested photos of our inspirations throughout the year and oversaw the design/set up of both the ceremony and reception sites to ensure it aligned with our vision. She worked really well with the staff at Caneel to make sure the reception ran smoothly. I appreciated how flexible she was with the reception organization and did not set a structured timeline for events. She would check in with us throughout the evening to see if we were ready for our first dance, cake cutting, etc. This allowed the evening to flow naturally. I also appreciated her recommendation for stations to facilitate more of a party atmosphere and have more time for dancing, which was where we wanted the focus of the evening to be. And it was the best dance party of our lives!

Another great reason to choose Mary as your wedding planner is that she can serve as your officiant...for no additional fee! We wanted to include some Christian aspects into our ceremony and Mary was able to provide several examples to help guide us in our ceremony writing. She was very organized at the ceremony and had formal copies of the readings and prayers for our guest readers. She also added a touching "moment" for the two of us to take to really soak in the surroundings and have a vivid memory to look back on.

Most importantly, Mary and her staff (Leah!) put all of my family at ease on the big day so they could just sit back and enjoy every moment of the celebration. I have a friend who is getting married next week without a wedding planner and is talking about the "to do" lists she has distributed to each of her bridesmaids and how her mom is very stressed about all the day of details to take care of..... trust me, it is worth it to be worry free on the biggest day of your life. You are going to want to have as many memories of it as you can!

Sent on 11/26/2011

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Beth, our beautiful Caribbean fall bride, we loved your style and vision. We hope that you and Sean will come back to visit us many times in the future, all the best, Mary and Leah

Linda · Married on 11/04/2011

Mary was a wonderful - the best - wedding planner and officiant.
    She recommended the photographer, Alain Brin, and videographer who did a great job and the ceremony music.
    She recommended the florist, Roses Too, and the flowers were gorgeous.
    She showed us many venue sites to choose from, and we went with my daughter's first choice - Caneel Bay and Vera at Caneel did a fantastic job on reception site and menu - the food was outstanding and plentiful. The cake was pretty and delicious.
    My daughter found the band, Greg Kinslow & Co., recommended by a St. John resident/friend, and they were absolutely fantastic. If you want a fast band for lots of fun and fast dancing - this is it!
    Mary helped us with good rates at the Westin, which we all enjoyed - great pool.
    Mary arranged transportation for all guests from several different hotels.
    She provided extra lighting at the reception with lovely candles to add to the ambiance.
    She was in total control of all events and made sure that everything went according to plan and schedule. She met all our needs.
    The ceremony was beautiful and the reception venue was ideal.
    We could not have asked for a better day!
    Even though rain threatened, Mary had a back up plan and I did not have to worry about a thing. Thank goodness everything went off as planned.
    Being in Ohio and trying to plan a wedding in St. John would have been too much, Mary made it a "piece of cake".
    Severel guests said it was the most outstanding wedding that they had ever been to, and we agreed.
    I highly recommend May as your wedding planner! My daughter said it was a memorable day and an experience to remember and cherish for a life time.

Linda Colacurcio

Sent on 11/27/2011

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Linda, you were a great Mother of the Bride and I hope you were able to enjoy every minute of it, all the best,
    Mary

annette · Married on 09/24/2011

Mary was a very nice person to work with. We had never been to St. John and she helped us with numerous things. She made us feel very comfortable and everything flowed smoothly! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/04/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/06/2011

Mary helped plan our wedding and she was our officiant. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Mary offered support, guidance, and various options to help make our wedding day perfect. When we met Mary, she was so kind. While I had only spoken to Mary on the phone and via e-mail, when I met her, I felt like I was sitting with someone I've known for years. She very quickly put both of us at ease.
    She is on the ball with every detail and knows exactly what she wants and simply will not settle for anything less. Which is great if you have a difficult time making decisions or saying no to someone! It was quickly apparent she is well regarded on the island and is a master at what she does.

Our wedding and ceremony was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. She beautifully orchestrated the perfect day for us!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Stephanie, we loved working with you and you proved me wrong on the time of day ( or you got very lucky) for an August wedding. LOL! We loved working with you and loved your wedding photos! all the best,
    Mary

Lisa · Married on 05/14/2011

It is extremely important to have the best wedding planner available ! We had that in one word, MARY ! She put together a wonderful team for our Daughters wedding from start to finish ! She is the best !

Sent on 10/09/2011

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Lisa, we loved being part of the southern charm and class that you are your family brought to the islands, cannot believe it has been one year already- all the best to you and Addie

Deborah · Married on 05/06/2011

Mary of Island Style Weddings of St. John USVI is the most professional and helpful individual. Island Sytle Weddings helps make your special day stress free so you can enjoy your ceremony, reception and all your guests who have traveled so far to celebrate with you. Trust Mary and all of her suggestions -- you can't go wrong. They are the best!!

Sent on 07/01/2011

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Deborah, how lucky am I to have married your daughter at the same location 5 yrs earlier! And then to have her Mom as a most breathtaking bride- congrats on 1 yr anniversary and 6 yrs to your sweet daughter, Mary

Jenn · Married on 05/03/2011

We could not have done it with out Mary! She is very professional, listened to my dreams and made them come true! The wedding day went smoothly with no glitches what so ever! Thank you Mary!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Nichole · Married on 01/21/2011

Mary is the best - she is a pro at what she does and puts you at such ease during the big day - very professional, and really just a wonderful person.

Sent on 01/30/2011

Tom · Married on 12/10/2010

Mary was the best in every way!!! Truly personalized service. I felt like I was dealing with a trusted friend throughout the process. She even arranged to have the clouds parted for a perfect sunset wedding on the beach after the morning rain threatend to spoil the day! As an officiant, she was just as good with a perfect mix of formality and sentimentality!!! She really rated 10 stars, but I could only give her 5 stars on the chart here!!! Tom Ryan

Sent on 12/13/2010

Mary · Married on 11/23/2010

I can't rave enough about Mary Bartolucci and Island Style Weddings. We had a fabulous wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Jerrie · Married on 11/19/2010

Mary was fabulous. Very warm and welcoming to the islands. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 12/16/2010