Island Style Weddings Reviews

Island Style Weddings 5
Island Style Weddings 6
Island Style Weddings 7

Gillian · Married on 09/08/2018

Mary and Brenda planned our St Thomas wedding at Villa Serenita, and we cannot recommend them enough. They picked up our wedding 2 months out after we parted ways with another planner on Island, and immediately ran with it. They were responsive, creative, professional, and patient with my indecisiveness. They took my "vision board" and curated an absolutely perfect day that was beyond our wildest dreams. Island Style is truly the best of the best, and we could never thank them enough!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Island Style Weddings 15
    Island Style Weddings 16
    Island Style Weddings 17

Kevin · Married on 08/25/2018

Island style weddings to the rescue!!!! Mary and Brenda absolutely saved our destination wedding. We had hired another planner on St. Thomas and for the first few months she was great but she basically stopped answering emails and phone calls. For 6 weeks this other planner fell off the face of the earth. With about 2 months to go before our wedding I called Island Style in a panic and explained our situation. THANKFULLY she was available. Mary stepped right in like she was our planner from day 1. She worked with my finance and helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams at Villa Serenita on Cabrita Point. It took about 2 days to get everything set up. Mary, Brenda and their staff were amazing during the process as we were staying in the house that the event was being held at. The wedding was on Saturday and it could not have gone smoother. Our event was a total hit and it truly was the wedding of our dreams. Mary was even able to save us some money because she already has beautiful tables and decorations to use. We are true believers in that everything happens for a reason. If the other coordinator didn't flake out we firmly believe that our wedding wouldn't have been as good as it was. Mary and Brenda are amazing and we cannot thank them enough!!!!!!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Island Style Weddings 22
    Island Style Weddings 23
    Island Style Weddings 24

Mark · Married on 06/29/2018

Unbelievably great experience with Island Style!

We had our wedding in St. John in June 2018 and both my wife and I and our guests had such a wonderful time! We loved working with Mary and her team at Island Style Weddings throughout the entire process (and still love keeping in contact with her!). She helped in the logistics of planning the events leading up to the wedding, including a welcome night at Beach Bar (which she was able to get opened for us for a night while they were closed during their renovations), a boat day cruise to the BVIs, a beach day with the guests, rehearsal dinner, wedding, and brunch the morning after. We asked a lot of Mary and Brenda (and team) to put on an amazing wedding week for our 60 guests, and Island Style Weddings delivered, and then some!

Our planning was interrupted by the hurricanes that hit STJ in 2017, and Mary communicated with us as much as possible when her world was turned upside down. It speaks to her commitment to her clients and desire to make sure that the focus is on your wedding. We can never repay her for her commitment to us during that difficult time for her and her team.

Island Style Weddings is worth it if you are looking at putting in a wedding, between the support that is provided in planning and execution of the wedding events, to Mary’s extensive design portfolio and her execution on the vision above what our expectations (which were already high!) could ever imagine! Her design sense and execution made for an unbelievable wedding backdrop, and was worth every dollar!

My wife and I highly recommend Mary for your wedding or other event in St John or St Thomas. Her wealth of contacts and experience in putting on top notch events is second to none. Not only do we look back on our wedding week with such positive thoughts, all of our 60 guests still talk about the wedding and the great time they had all week in STJ. We couldn’t have done it without Mary and her insightful guidance to pulling off our dream wedding!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Island Style Weddings 25
    Island Style Weddings 26
    Island Style Weddings 27
    Island Style Weddings 28
    Island Style Weddings 29

Jane · Married on 04/28/2018

Mary and Brenda were both amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a more magical wedding and experience! These ladies are the best!

Sent on 05/20/2018
    Island Style Weddings 30
    Island Style Weddings 31
    Island Style Weddings 32

Genvieve · Married on 04/06/2018

Mary and Brenda went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. They aren't your typical wedding planners, each client is so individualized. We had to change our date from January to April because of Irma/Maria and wanted to give the island time to recover. From calling rental companies and helping us sort out transitioning with our guests, to referring the BEST services on the island they did it all. It was so nice knowing we had someone on the island who could handle everything. They have the best vendors they work with and know everyone on St John. Another great plus was all of the decor items Mary had, which really helped us lugging down everything. Everyone that came to our wedding said it was the best one they have ever been too. Mary and Brenda made everything possible. I can go on for hours about how much time and care they invested into our special day (or should I say days). They helped us organize a welcome drinks party, a catered beach day, and our ceremony and reception. I could go on for hours on how happy we were to work with them. We will be forever grateful!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Island Style Weddings 39
    Island Style Weddings 40
    Island Style Weddings 41

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Genvieve and Ray for trusting us and being so amazing to work with!!
    We DID IT!!

Marisa · Married on 07/16/2017

Mary at Island Style Weddings is amazing! She is a top notch wedding planner, was also our officiant, provides the decor, reception setup/breakdown and was a pleasure to work with. She is a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to weddings. I am Type A times 10, and am a project manager by profession. My husband is also very attentive to details. So between the 2 of us, we set a high bar. The thing I was the most impressed with was how the day of the wedding went so smoothly. I worked with Mary for months prior to the wedding discussing all of the details and how I wanted the wedding to feel and flow. She personally knows all of the vendors due to both being in the business for so long, and also for being a local to St John. The day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about anything. The day unfolded perfectly. I was able to enjoy the day with my husband, and watch as all of our plans unfolded during the most perfect event. In addition to the Wedding day, we hosted several other days of activities for our guests - including a welcome party, a beach day and a send-off breakfast. She helped coordinate all of those activities. And they were all amazing. She provided vendor lists and suggestions. And all of them ended up being fabulous. She made many suggestions that were super helpful - such as doing an engagement photo shoot & hair/makeup trial during a planning visit to St John, as a way to try some vendors and meet them in advance of the wedding. This was very helpful for me, and for them to get an understand of what I wanted, and the opportunity to change vendors if we wanted. Thank you Mary for making our wedding day and week absolutely amazing!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Marisa and Russ, this means a great deal to me. I enjoyed the process and was delighted to see you so very happy!

Chelsea · Married on 11/05/2016

Hiring a local wedding planner was totally worth it! Mary and Brenda at Island Style Weddings kept me totally sane and made the entire planning process very easy to do from afar. They gave me options for every decision and were honest about the pros/cons of each while making recommendations. I felt like everything was under control and as soon as we would talk about something, they would get it done immediately. Plus their experience with design and setting up a wedding website were both huge extras that you'll get with their service. Our reception turned out gorgeous with their help! They make sure all the details are taken care of, down to picking up supplies and arranging taxis for our guests. I would highly recommend to anyone! Our wedding was 11/5/16

Sent on 01/09/2017

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you back on St John!

ephrat · Married on 07/08/2016

I reached out to Island Style Weddings one week before our wedding date because our original plan failed. Mary immediately replied to my email and I was able to speak with her over the phone during the planning process. Mary was very detailed and communicated in a timely manner which was very important to us. She asked me what I wanted (flowers, professional photographer, video, musician, hair and makeup, hotel, transportation etc) and she delivered the best. Mary and her team were able to finalize the wedding details in two days.
    Our ceremony took place on Trunk Bay Beach in St John and we were blessed to have Mary officiate our marriage. Every single detail was perfect. She also picked up lunch for us (party of 8) while I was getting ready to make sure everyone ate. This wedding was beyond our expectations and everyone is still raving about it. We will cherish these memories for the rest of our lives. A+
    Many thanks!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Erica · Married on 05/14/2016

Mary & Brenda were the best wedding planners I could ask for! Planning a destination wedding is not always the easiest, but my wedding turned out better than I could ever dream and the whole process was a breeze! They paid attention to every little detail and kept me organized and stress free, I would highly recommend Island Style Weddings to anyone who is planning a destination wedding in beautiful St John!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you Erica, it was lots of fun! We hope to see you and Josh again on Love City!! xxoo

Joslin · Married on 05/05/2016

Island Style Weddings flawlessly planned and executed my wedding on May 5, 2016. Hiring Mary was the best decision I made without question. The planning process was a luxury experience from start to finish. Mary is poised, connected, sophisticated and highly experienced. My wedding week presented a number of challenges due to weather. Mary and Brenda went above and beyond what I ever expected to provide me with a fool-proof alternative for my wedding day. Not only did Mary ensure the success of our wedding day, but she gave me the peace of mind that allowed me to enjoy the days leading up to my wedding day, which was invaluable.

I wholeheartedly recommend Island Style Weddings for anyone looking to plan a five star event. Please feel free to message if you are considering Island Style Weddings. I would be happy to provide further details about my experience.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Joslin, we loved working with you and appreciate your kind words.
    All the best
  • Ali

Ali · Married on 04/23/2016

Mary helped us plan the wedding of our dreams on St John. Her recommendations for vendors were top-notch. Our wedding events and wedding day were all well organized, stress free and magical.

There were many phone calls and emails leading up to the main event, and Mary and Brenda were with us every step of the way. Their communication is excellent. Both are both quick to respond to emails and a pleasure to speak with on the phone. Mary worked hard to understand our likes and dislikes in order to bring our vision to life. She listened to our thoughts and was quick to offer new ideas to enhance the day. Our entire wedding day was better than we ever imagined and that's because of Mary and Brenda's dedication and expertise.

Throughout the weekend everyone commented how well orchestrated all events were and said it was some of the best event planning they’d ever seen. With almost 60 people in constant motion over three days, we can’t think of any miss-steps. Their attention to detail let everyone (including us) relax and enjoy the festivities. Nothing slips through the cracks with these two. Amazing.

Planning our wedding with Mary and Brenda was a joy. We would work with Island Style Weddings again in a heartbeat, and we recommend them strongly!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Ali and Dave, what fun we had! You created some memories that will last a lifetime! We hope to see you back on St John soon, Mary and Brenda

Annie · Married on 04/02/2016

As we started planning our wedding, Kyle and I decided the best way to find our wedding location was to island hop and do our research in person! After visiting St Thomas and St Croix our next stop was St John (the only island that I visited previously and my front runner from the beginning). Sensing that I was already leaning towards St John, the wedding planner that we met with on St Croix told us that if we decided that St John was our place we just had to hire Mary Bartolucci. I cannot be more grateful for this recommendation! Meeting and hiring Mary allowed us to truly have the wedding of our dreams that I do not think would have been possible without her. We were able to have a gorgeous wedding on St John and provide an authentic island visit for our guests.

For those of you that are planning your destination wedding from afar, you can count on Mary to provide the best vendors and give you a stress free wedding week experience. During the wedding planning process, I have to admit that I found it a stressful to have to make major decisions without knowing the area or not being able to be “there” but I can assure you that you can put your faith in Mary help you make the best decisions. She showed a tremendous amount of patience while working through this planning process with me. The months prior to the wedding Mary and Brenda made sure that all details were covered and helped keep me focused and on track (again easing my ‘not being there angst’).

The week of our wedding was everything that I could have dreamt it to be and this was due to the perfect planning suggestions from Mary. The ceremony and reception is where Island Style Wedding really blew me away. Their impeccable taste was evident in every detail of our wedding day. They did not disappoint!

Our wedding week was relaxed and fun (not running around completing last minute details), the wedding day was perfect, and all of our guests had an amazing time! Thank you

Sent on 07/29/2016

Tara · Married on 03/05/2016

Everything was incredible and perfect! We initially had a destination wedding because I didn't have time to pick out details or deal with typical wedding decisions. I actually asked Mary to pick out everything and style the wedding as she wanted to and to surprise us. I gave her my 100 percent trust. She found us the most beautiful venue at the spring bay estate which was better than I could have dreamed of! She styled the wedding fit for a magazine which I actually had so many compliments on how It was one of the most beautiful weddings they have attended. My guests were greeted with champagne upon arrival and always had their glasses filled. They loved the food she chose, her wine selection, and DJ recommendation. One thing that my husband could not believe is that when Mary found out his favorite beer was not at the venue, she made it happen where he had it in his hands within the next hour and made sure someone went to go get it! I may be making this review very long but I have been to a lot of weddings and no wedding planner can compare to her and Brenda. She has a classy, tasteful, elegant, and sophisticated design for her weddings. As far as the flow and planning of the event, they are very professional, kind, and have a get it done right attitude! They made our wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Mary and Brenda were incredible! I initially was going to have my wedding at one of the all-inclusive resorts in St Thomas and when I saw that the pictures on the website were no where near comparable to what actually happens at the resort, I panicked and needed help in a short amount of time. I called around and talked to a few different planners and Mary was very knowledgeable, professional, and quick to get back to me. I asked Mary to take care of everything and to just "surprise" me of how everything would be set up. I left it to her and her vendors to pick out everything! She was able to find us a breath-taking venue at the Spring Bay Estate which was by far the most beautiful spot on the island. As my guests arrived to this estate, they were all greeted with champagne and in awe of how beautiful everything was! The décor and flowers looked like they were staged for a magazine. The service was absolutely perfect from the DJ to the bartenders and servers. The food was great as well. All in all, we got so many compliments on our wedding and I heard countless times how it was one of the best weddings they have attended with the event not only being elegant and classy but the ceremony, dinner and reception was just perfectly done.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Island Style Weddings's reply:

thank you for the kind words Tara, we loved working with you and being given creative freedom was delightful!!
  • F

Felicia · Married on 02/20/2016

My husband and I were married in St. John in 2016. It was an amazing event that our family and friends still rave about more than a year later -- thanks to the amazing team at Island Style Weddings! Planning a destination wedding from afar could have its challenges but Mary put me at ease from day one. On our first call she explained that they focus on one wedding at a time. At that point I knew that hiring them would be the best planning decision I would make. And it was! Mary and her team coordinated every detail from guest accommodations, transportation and pre-wedding activities to hair and makeup, décor and flowers, photography, food and music. They provided a vendor list which was all encompassing, yet not overwhelming. They have personal relationships with their vendors and that makes all the difference in the experience that you have with each of them. Mary even officiated the ceremony for us! The level of personal attention we received throughout the entire process was wonderful! They took every phone call, read every email, listened to our ideas and provided guidance and comfort when needed. When the big day finally arrived, we were able to relax and enjoy it. Thanks to Island Style Weddings, our wedding was everything we ever wanted … and more!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2015

Mary and Brenda were a pleasure to work with! They took great care of us setting up and arranging our wedding! From the beginning to end, they made the entire experience easy! They were dependable and very professional! We had a wonderfully beautiful wedding, and owe a big part of that to Mary and Brenda!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Jennifer, we wish you and Brendan and the sweet girls a very Merry Christmas as a new family, we loved working with all of you!
    Mary and Brenda

Mary was wonderful! I couldn't have planned an island wedding so far from home without her. She gave me great ideas and direction, calmed me down when needed, and was a good ear when I needed to ask questions. She also recommended some events leading up to our special day and they were amazing! Our guests (over 60 people) had a great time and were raving about all of the events. Do not try to figure it all out on your own, she will guide you as needed and be the person to answer questions and deal with everyone so you don't have to fret about any of that on your wedding day!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the kind word, we wish you a wonderful Christmas as husband and wife!!
  • O

Ou · Married on 08/22/2015

Mary and Island Style Wedding have been such a help for planning our destination wedding. When we first started looking for planners in St. John. We called and spoke with different planners. Mary sounded most trustful and most experienced. She is a resource not only for any information about Virgin Island, but also for wedding in general.

She is always available for us. She responds emails quickly and is always available for a phone call. She respect our thoughts but also provides us for ideas. She led us to organize what to do at which point and assistant us to make decisions.

Mary has a good taste and vision of how decorations would look. Our ceremony at the Trunk Bay was breathtaking. All our guests were amazed by our wedding.

She is also good at technologies. She uses websites, tools and APPs you know and you don't know, which makes our communication very easy.

We highly recommend you hire Island Style Wedding for your destination wedding. It would help you save a lot of energy and time.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank sweet Dora Ou. We loved making your vision come to reality. We hope to see you back on St John. Hugs to you and Mat.

Mary · Married on 07/24/2015

I was beyond thrilled with how my wedding turned out. Mary and Brenda were so helpful, flexible, and had great ideas. I was planning my wedding on St. John from California. Mary quickly responded to emails and phone calls and really made the process easy. She helped me with all the details of the ceremony, reception, and rehearsal. Mary had so much decor to choose from for the reception and I ended up with a look that I really loved. My guests thought everything was stunning. On the day of my wedding everything ran perfectly smooth. I felt so relaxed. Mary and Brenda made sure my family and I had nothing to worry about. I could not be more happy with Island Style Weddings!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Danielle · Married on 07/17/2015

Working with Island Style Weddings was the best decision I could have made!
    From the beginning, they were amazing! Mary was so knowledgeable and is truly an artist at her craft! She was immensely patient with my constantly changing ideas, and she took care of every detail. I worried about nothing!
    I was planning a St. John wedding from Indianapolis and the fact that Mary lived on island was a big reason I chose to work with her. ISW also offered much more value than many of the other planners I interviewed. Mary was always available when I needed her and, once on the island, she was by my side every step of the way.
    ISW gracefully handled every detail of the entire event and every hiccup we encountered along the way. Mary assisted with everything from guest accommodations, transportation, welcome party planning, details about obtaining our marriage license, and of course the ceremony and reception.
    I was blown away by how much care ISW took to ensure that everything was seamless and beautiful! The vendors they worked with were all top notch, and they even took the time to surprise me and my husband with special added touches that we loved!
    Mary has a wealth of experience in wedding planning and it really does come through in her work. She gave me the peace-of-mind that every bride should have. Because of Mary and ISW, my wedding was everything I could have dreamed of and more!
    Honestly, I could go on all day about how wonderful my experience with them was, but the bottom line is: Hire them! Hire them now! You will not regret it!
    Island Style Weddings is the ABSOLUTE BEST CHOICE for your Virgin Island Wedding!

Sent on 09/09/2015

thank you Danielle and Nick you are most kind- we are beaming here on STJ,
    all the best,

Shirley · Married on 07/11/2015

Mary and her team are amazing. Planning a destination wedding in St. John is no easy feat! I would get so stressed about the details. However, when discussing them with Mary she would be so calm. You know why? Because this woman knows what she's doing! I told her how big our wedding party was and what we were like and we planned a wedding week with different activities/events that were tailored to our group. She also helped me and guests select villas and recommended the best resort too. Everyone at my wedding had a blast! And they all commented on how well planned everything was. The ceremony and reception were so beautiful - I showed Mary a few Instagram pics of what I liked and she just took it from there. On the wedding day I got so wrapped up in my new husband and dancing and just having an amazing time. I never once had to worry about anything because she was always two steps ahead. Now when I look back at the wedding pictures I just keep going "Wow!" I cannot thank Mary and her team enough.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Island Style Weddings's reply:

Thank you Shirley, you made my day!!

Jill · Married on 06/13/2015

Island Style Weddings was the perfect fit for us. To plan a destination wedding without being there to see every detai

Sent on 08/11/2015

Rachael · Married on 05/23/2015

Where do I begin?? I have so much praise. I am not typically a review writer but this was such a great investment. Mary Leah and Brenda made my day such a breeze. I was so relaxed on my wedding day because they had already taken care of everything down to the smallest detail. Not only was everything taken care of but it was set up so beautifully. Mary and her staff have impeccable taste. In addition to providing wedding planning and set up services, Mary planned a scavenger hunt for my party, set up our half day snorkel sail on Kekoa and a deep sea fishing trip for the guys. I've never had such a stress free and fun packed vacation. So to all my fellow control freaks and over planners--Mary does it all. Just sit back, relax and enjoy your time on the island with friends and family.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Lindsey · Married on 04/09/2015

Mary and Leah were amazing, so helpful and easy to work with!

Sent on 04/26/2015

Mary and her staff were unbelievably professional, reliable, and supportive both the day of the event and the months leading up to it. They were incredibly helpful working with us through the many complications that can come with having a wedding in such a pristine location. Their knowledge of vendors and the ways of island life are unparalleled, they were very useful in knowing which vendor was the best to help us on our special day, which would not nearly have been as special with out Mary and her team. She understood our vision for décor and made it a reality beyond our expectations. Finally, we were able to enjoy the day while she handled all the details working with all of our vendors to ensure a beautiful night. Island Style Weddings lead by Mary know how to throw a party and no detail was overlooked! Their experience shows in everything they do!

Sent on 09/22/2015