Island Photography Reviews

Island Photography 6
Island Photography 7

Lindsey Dimick · Married on 08/24/2019

Excellent!

Dara was wonderful! She was very nice and professional. She took beautiful photos and made sure we got every shot that we wanted!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Tara Humbert · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely recommend Dara!

Dara was very prompt through the entire process, from returning emails to getting our photos back to us. She played a huge role in making our wedding day go so smoothly. Our pictures were absolutely beautiful and we were amazed at how she captured so many special moments by herself! Dara was so fun and easy to work with and very reasonably priced. We also hired her husband as our dj and they worked so well together and made our reception flow seamlessly. Highly recommend Dara (and her husband chuck) for any event! They rocked!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    Island Photography 8

Tara · Married on 07/27/2019

So happy we found Dara!

Planning a destination wedding can be a little nerve racking. We couldn’t be happier with the results Dara gave us! She took so many great pictures and the perfect moments. We got our pictures back in only a few weeks and loved all of them! Dara played a part in making our day go so perfect! You won’t be disappointed if you hire dara!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    Island Photography 9
  • Lisa

Lisa Burns · Married on 05/05/2019

Celebration of Love, May 5, 2019

Dara was amazing!! She captured the best sunlight and timing to be photographed on the beach! We could not have been happier!

Sent on 07/04/2019
    Island Photography 10
    Island Photography 11
    Island Photography 12

Marissa Parr-Scott · Married on 10/26/2018

Best wedding photographer on Anna Maria Island

Dara was AMAZING! My wedding photos are true perfection, Dara is a master of her craft. She is also incredibly kind and such a pleasure to work with. She captured our wedding beautifully and I am beyond thrilled that she was part of our special day.

Sent on 01/05/2019
    Island Photography 13
  • Nicole Taylor & Bradley Wood

Nicole · Married on 05/11/2018

Dara went above and beyond to capture all of our special moments. A sunset did not look to be in our cards and Dara kept an eye on it and we were able to capture some beautiful pictures just as the sun made it's appearance to set. She was kind, gave the perfect amount of direction, and was a pleasure to work with. She was the calming presence we needed as the bridal party was getting ready. Love her!

Sent on 05/25/2018
  • AnnaMaria2017

PAM · Married on 10/27/2017

Dara did our engagement photos about a week ago in AMI. We loved Dara !! She drove us around and acted as our tour guide capturing the best pics ever !!! We can't wait until our wedding day so that she can take more pics !!!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Holli · Married on 06/07/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about Dara. She is phenomenal and the pictures are just amazing. I knew her pictures were beautiful from looking at her website but when she edited my photos I was blown away. Not only that but she went above and beyond to help my family out on the wedding day even while she was personally struggling with something. We are very grateful for all of her hard work and she was definitely the best choice we made for that day.

Sent on 04/26/2018
  • LuvBeingMarried2Him!

Nicole · Married on 07/31/2016

Dara was simply amazing! She was absolutely wonderful throughout the whole wedding planning process and the pictures she took of our Lido Beach wedding are gorgeous!! She is an absolute pleasure and I highly recommend her services to everyone! Upon meeting her, she showed us some of the photographs she's taken of other Weddings .. Ummmm you will write the check on the spot. She is just delightful and so so talented!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Shauna · Married on 01/02/2016

We had an amazing experience working with Dara. She is extremely easy to work with and talented. She had a great system and took our ideas if there were certain shots that we wanted. She had us put a list together a couple days before the wedding so she knew what photos we wanted and if there were any special family circumstances. She took all of it into consideration and was understanding about working with every member of the group. She made the young flower girl feel comfortable and special so there was no need to fight to get her to stand still and do what she wanted. She was great at getting the sunset photos that we wanted and making sure we felt special and well taken care of. She has a great eye for lighting and would sometimes just stop us and take a picture while we were on the beach. She did such a fantastic job, I couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • User4205350 · 2+ years ago

Dara was an amazing photographer. See was professional, courteous, knew exactly what we wanted and made sure we stayed on schedule. She coordinated very well with the venue and the DJ. We can’t wait to see our finished product, but the few shots she showed us on her camera were amazing. She is fantastic to work with, came in at a competitive price and knows so much about the island that she made you feel right at home.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Chelsea · Married on 06/21/2014

Absolutely AMAZING! Dara did a fantastic job with our photos and also making sure our wedding day was perfect. She does everything she can to make sure you are happy with everything and most importantly stress free! I am beyond blessed to have had Dara and her husband Chuck be a part of our wedding. PERFECT!

Sent on 02/08/2015

Tiffany · Married on 04/25/2014

Dara is the best!

We used Dara for our destination wedding 5 years ago. Upon Returning to Anna Maria Island, Florida for our anniversary this year, she was the first person and only person I wanted to have capture my family photos. She specializes in weddings, and she should add family photography to her list of specialties. She took photos of my family that I literally cannot stop looking at- I can’t stop smiling at them. She exceeded my expectations on my anniversary and went above and beyond what I asked for. She went the extra mile to capture everything I could have dreamed of and then some. And this was just for an anniversary photo shoot- imagine how I felt 5 years ago on my wedding day!

Dara is simply amazing.
    There is no other word to describe her and her work. Dara let’s you have fun and captures the real moments - the real laughs and smiles and memories and not just the traditional poses. She froze time so that the moments will last forever. I look at the photos and it takes me right back in the moment. She is a true artist.

I cannot say enough good things about her. I’m lucky to have found such an amazing photographer and person. She is easy to work with, kind, reliable, 1 of a kind, and so sweet.
    We hired her husband Chuck Caudill for our dj and live music during our ceremony . They are definitely a dynamic duo - and everything ran smoothly. It was nice to only need one contact for the 2 most important vendors of your wedding day! We had a destination wedding and she made it easy to work with, had great communication, and made the whole process less stressful for us.
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words- and if u hire Dara as a photographer, each picture is worth a thousand thank you’s. Thank you Dara!❤️

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Island Photography 22
    Island Photography 23
  • Alek & Sally

Alek & Sally · Married on 04/05/2014

We booked Dara Photography Services for our Daughters Wedding. Dara was very professional, she did an excellent job documenting the whole wedding via photographic images, gave us a great deal of flexibility to pick the poses we wanted and indeed the quality of her work was awesome! She was fun to be around and all our guests commented how nice she was to everyone.
    For us it was very important to find a Photographer we could trust and after getting our pictures we are so happy we picked Dara. Highly recommend her to anyone!
    Alek & Sally
    Shooting Star Photography

Sent on 04/11/2014

Brittney · Married on 06/21/2013

Dara does a wonderful job! She listens to everything you want and captures your day, just the way you remembered it. She is so kind, flexible and understanding. She takes her time and makes sure you get exactly what you want. She takes so many pictures, which are all wonderful, and gives you so many options to choose from. She was so much more than we could have ever asked for and I highly, highly recommend her!!
    Brittney

Sent on 12/01/2013

Vicky · Married on 06/18/2013

We travelled from the UK and married on AMI back in June. Dara couldn't have been more helpful, from when we chose her as our photographer, through our very special day and getting the photos to us (online and DVD). The quality is fantastic, you can tell Dara really knows the island, the best lighting for a special event and how to capture that special moment. We have memories caught on camera that will want to look at again and again - forever. Thanks Dara!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Joseph · Married on 04/02/2013

Dara did a fantastic job, we are very pleased.

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/21/2013

Dara Caudill (owner of Island Photography www.islandphotography.org) was out-of-this-world fantastic! She and her husband Chuck Caudill (our DJ) worked perfectly together and photos & music ran smoothly because of them! Using them both, we got a discount. Dara was so professional, friendly, and on the ball! I don't think her prices are too high, and you get the rights to your photos, so no worries! Choose her for weddings in the area!

Sent on 04/04/2013

KRISTEN · Married on 03/16/2013

Dara was amazing! We had Dara take our engagement photos and she did a great job! She helped make our wedding day so special by taking some unique shots with all of our wedding guests and some fun ones with just the two of us! I can't wait to get the final product!

Sent on 03/23/2013

Amy · Married on 11/30/2012

Dara was absolutely wonderful! She kept in touch months before the wedding to answer any questions I had. She provides the couples with a detailed info sheet to fill out to ensure that she takes every single photo we request (along with hundreds more!) She is so friendly and laid back that it felt more like a friend I had known for a long time was taking our photographs. We were very comfortable with Dara. She flowed with the wedding and was very efficient. She took hundreds of gorgeous photographs and kept us posted as they became available for us to view. We have so many photos to choose from! I highly recommend Dara for your beach wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Aubrey · Married on 11/11/2012

Dara is such a pleasure to work with. She takes BEAUTIFUL pictures, is very professional, and made my wedding day so stress-free. The wedding albums we got back are so beautiful and very high quality. I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Aimee · Married on 11/08/2012

From day one of planning, Dara was so helpful and kind. Dara made us feel like we were in the best of hands, and we can't wait to see the finished product!!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Amy · Married on 10/19/2012

I can not tell you how amazing it was to work with Dara. She was there for me before, during and after the wedding with updates, and got us exactly what we wanted for our special day. I'll treasure the photos she took forever! I would highly recommend Dara for anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 02/24/2013
  • X

Christina · Married on 11/12/2011

Dara was absolutely wonderful to work with. She put me at ease during all the planning, especially since I live in NJ. My husband and I were lucky enough to work with her prior to our wedding too since she did our engagement pictures. I would recommend her to anyone. Her pictures are beautiful!

Sent on 02/04/2012
  • BeachBride722

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2011

Words could never express how happy we are that we had Dara as our wedding photographer. She is so professional, kind, and is such a pleasure to be with! On the wedding day she was so fabulous--incredibly calm, and captured every special moment of our day.

We knew we were in good hands from the day we met her, but she continued to amaze us throughout the wedding day with her ideas and talent. Just when we thought she couldn't get any better we saw the pictures and they are timeless. I was brought to tears looking at the pictures and am in awe at how beautiful they all are.

We could honestly not be happier, from the bottom of our hearts. Look no further if you're considering Dara- you will be so happy that you did. We can't wait to book our 1-Year anniversary pictures with her!

Sent on 12/12/2011