Island Kings Band Reviews

21 Reviews for Island Kings Band

• Setareh

Setareh Bateni · Married on 08/04/2019

The Perfect kind of Perfect

The Island Kings are most definitely the best musicians I've heard in a long time. They are talented and versatile. They are quirky and add the extra pep your party needs. But more importantly, they pick the right musician combo to jive with your group - and they can "get" your needs from minimal interaction. We live in Vancouver, Canada. We chose the Island Kings for our small wedding in Hawaii based on reviews we read. We were appropriately blown away! Everyone still talks about how good the band was and we can't wait to catch them play in Oahu again. I never thought I'd be so lucky to have a band play at my wedding and the Island Kings made it magical.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Marci · Married on 01/21/2018

Island Kings Band...Incredible! From filling out the questionnaires on their planning page, open communication from their lead person, Melissa, to the quality of their voices and sound. They were really flexible with how we wanted the outline of the reception program to look. Far exceeded our expectations. Even though my nieces wedding was in January of this year (2018), we still talk about Island Kings Band and highly recommend them to everyone we know that has an upcoming wedding or party. Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! And well worth it, although they are worth way more in our eyes.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Jamie · Married on 12/30/2017

Absolutely amazing band. We are so happy to have them for our wedding day. Couldn't have asked for a better band to work with. The music was beautiful.

Sent on 02/06/2018

Sherri · Married on 12/29/2017

WOW! We engaged the Island Kings for our wedding and we could not have been happier!! They were all very talented performers and a ton of fun! From the first communication through the day of the wedding, everything was set up to be simple and easy! Melissa is a dynamo! She is the coordinator and also an amazing lead singer. She is so thorough and responsive and made it completely stress-less! There's a custom band page where you can list questions, song choices, etc so it makes the communication flawless. We hired the eight=piece group and had horns and two vocalists! The Island Kings rock! They made our wedding day such a special event and we could not recommend them more highly!!! Thank you Island Kings!!!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Steven · Married on 10/08/2017

Our wedding would have not been the same without these guys. I couldn't speak higher of Melissa and company. We had the 8 piece band with horns. The killed all night. We had musician friends and family that were highly impressed by how talented they are.
    They were easily worth twice the price they charge.
    Mahalo nui,
    Steve and Sabrina

Sent on 10/28/2017

Leanne · event on 08/31/2017

We had chosen Island Kings band from some youtube footage and of course is always difficult to ensure the quality of the band via this platform. We had a staff member check them out in person and were thrilled at the quality during this performance.
    We ask the band to set the scene with appropriate fancy dress - no problem - we ask the band to play specific music pieces - no problem....the event itself - WOW - amazing - the band was perfect - the singers perfect. We can't thank you enough for putting on such a great show. Our delegates thoroughly enjoyed the evening - dancing the night away. Again, thank you so very much.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2017

IKB is as great as they sound! I was hesitant to book without having the chance to see them - we planned our wedding from Kentucky but they didn't disappoint. We hired the 7 piece and they knew how to party. The night ended way too fast. Everyone had a blast thanks to them. Brian makes the planning process simple and painless and is always there to contact. If you are looking for a great wedding band, look no further!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Julie · Married on 08/03/2017

The Island Kings band made my wedding planning a breeze.
    We touched base a few days before the wedding and went over all the details to make sure we were on the same page.
    I made tons of changes on the day of and they were so great at accommodating me.
    The band was just amazing.
    All of my guests were mesmerized by the voice of our vocalist, it was beautiful.
    Since I have a very small wedding of around 20-25 guests of all different ages, it was difficult to get everyone on the dance floor but somehow they managed to do so!
    Most of the evening was spent just listening to the band, it was like a private show and we loved every minute of it.
    I would highly recommend the Island Kings band to anyone looking for quality musicians and excellent customer service.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Charlie and Katie · Married on 02/18/2017

I cannot speak highly enough about the Island Kings. Planning a wedding thousands of miles away and several time zones over is not easy, however the band made things simple and easy. We coordinated via email and had all of our special requests submitted on their website. The band gave us a contact person, whom I spoke with the week of the wedding to solidify logistics and the timeline. Melissa (our contact person) was very responsive and helpful when it came to venue logistics.
    The wedding music was fantastic!! We had them play low key Hawaiian music for the cocktail hour and dinner then turned it up! I'd like to say the beginning of our marriage was the highlight of the day but it really could have been the dance floor/Island Kings. They played contemporary hits and old school jams that had our dance floor packed all night. So many of our guests approached us to ask where we had found them. Our vocalists were jaw dropping, and the saxophonist had some ripping solos. I'd love to have another party just to dance to their music again.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Brett · Married on 02/18/2017

The Island Kings Band was simply amazing at our wedding. We had an outdoor wedding, and wanted all of our guests to be up and dancing as soon as our program ended, and Island Kings Band definitely made it happen! We hired the 8-piece configuration for the band (which included the brass section - highly recommended!) and they rocked out with all kinds of hits from Bruno Mars, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Journey, Whitney Houston, Maroon 5, etc. Everything you would want to get folks of all ages up and dancing! And I can't emphasize enough, they really had us all dancing. My parents, grandparents, uncles, aunties, friends, and everyone else were on the dancefloor for pretty much the full two hours they played after the program! The musicians were all professionals as well, definitely very high quality talent!

Working with Melissa was also great, she is an amazing person, very friendly and responsive, and does her best to accommodate all requests. She even helped our MC with playing music from our phone when we wanted to play recordings at certain times during the program.

One of the best things Melissa helped us with was organizing / playing a modified version of How Will I Know - Sam Smith / Whitney Houston for our first dance song. We wanted it to start slow and speed up towards the end to mix it up a bit and add a twist to the first dance. Melissa worked with us to figure out what we wanted and it really turned out great, the singers and the rest of the band did an amazing job with it, and it was a really special moment for us.

Overall, can't recommend this band enough. Very easy to work with, very professional, and most of all, very fun! They were one of the most memorable parts of our special night- when reminiscing about our wedding years from now, one thing that we will always remember is the energy and wow factor that Island Kings brought that night

Sent on 03/03/2017

Leona · event on 01/20/2017

You know that saying, "if it's too good to be true...", well, this entire experience was exactly that, too good to be true. I drove myself crazy thinking something would go wrong and the only thing wrong was that I couldn't believe how wonderful your band and organization is! From my first contact to the very last note, it was amazing. People are still complimenting us on the great time they had and we know it was because your band made it perfect. We go to the same place, eat the same food, do the same things, year after year. This is the first time that people are already talking about next year's party and requesting that your band return. Wow! That is a first in 15 years. We wish to thank you all for such a special night and for making my job that much simpler. Aloha and Mahalo nui loa!

Sent on 02/09/2017
  • User7676040 · event on 12/31/2016

This is the 2nd time we've used the band and just like the first time they were the main attraction for our Club event. They work professionally, dress for the occasion, perform amazingly! We couldn't ask for more. Such talented people!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Gabriella · Married on 10/22/2016

Island Kings Band was so great to work with! As a wedding planner, I'm very careful in choosing and/or recommending vendors to my clients.. especially since those recommendations could end up being a reflection on me! It was my first time working with Island Kings, and I have no complaints from start to finish. Brian was always quick to respond, and the amount of detail provided with EVERY answer is something that can be appreciated.

The day-of the wedding was flawless. The team members arrived on time, set up smoothly and quickly, and kept everyone dancing the entire night. I'm happy to say that I'll be recommending their services to future couples!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Aimee · Married on 05/30/2016

Wow! Wow! Wow! These guys were absolutely brilliant! We had a small-ish (40 people) wedding at Turtle Bay Resort (so, so beautiful) and the Island Kings Band were the icing on the cake! They really got the crowd on their feet and had so much infectious energy and fun. GREAT song selection - perfect mix of some classics and some newbies. If you're after a band for your Hawaiian wedding (a live band MAKES a wedding) do not look beyond Island Kings Band. Can't recommend them more highly! We will be re-booking when we go back for your 5 year anniversary :)

Sent on 07/31/2016

Chris · Married on 02/20/2016

This crew of extremely talented, versatile, good looking & fun humans took our wedding to the next level. If you are even considering having live music for your wedding (and you should be) you should go and see Island Kings band rehearse - or just try and stalk them at a wedding - as their live performance on the night was even more phenomenal!

We were definitely not the most prepared wedding couple, but that didn't matter for Brian and the crew who were happy to work with us and make changes three days before the wedding. They arrived, setup, played, DJ'd, then had the whole crowd up and dancing for over three hours!! Apart form your key songs- they choose the rest, and let them, the songs they have in their set are awesome, and keep everyone happy and singing along, and if your wondering if you need a horns section... you do...

Can't recommend these guys and gals highly enough!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Kevin and The Island Kings band are amazing!!!! We hired them for our wedding after seeing one of their amazing shows in Hawai'i last spring while we did our planning vacation. The whole experience of working with them, from the pre wedding phone call meetings, to the their website to collect wedding details, and the actual day of performance were superlative. Kevin is very professional and responsive, even to overzealous brides :)
    Everything on the day was super! The band was so well prepared and was the perfect fit for our Hawaiian wedding!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Dale · Married on 02/04/2017

Melissa and the Island Kings are awesome!! They made our wedding a hit! All of our guests totally raved about them all night and kept asking us who they were and if they perform anywhere. From start to finish Melissa made everything simple for us and organized that totally surpassed my expectations of a band. When looking for entertainment. I researched many different bands and they seem like the only choice for us since I am a DJ and my wife and I have such an extensive knowledge and appreciation of music. There ability to have such a genre range that is so broad and actually sound legit is something you would expect from a band from a big city like LA or NYC, unlike some other bands that sound generic when they do cover songs. They are unlike no other band on the island.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Joe · Married on 07/26/2017

On that very stress day of my wedding, there were multiple things that I wish were better planned and executed. Regardless of the poor performance of our wedding planner, Island Kings band pulled through at the utmost professionalism and worked through it. The band showed up and though our planner wasnt prepared for them, the band was cool and clam, worked through whatever issues they were suddenly faced with and made it work without any direction.

Though I did pay more than I initially wanted, I'm glad I went with the Island Kings Band in the end. I received several comments from guests noting how much they enjoyed the band and thier selection of music. Coming from a music snob like myself, I was very impressed overall.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Maggie · Married on 03/10/2017

Highly Recommended for live music lovers! Our family loves to jam, and this group really brought the energy! Even though we had a small guest list, it was very important to us to have live music. The 6 piece group was AMAZING. That girl can sing! We were blown away by both singers and the rest of the group. We had an outdoor wedding so the rest of the resort was dancing in their balconies! Island Kings Band did a fantastic job of following our requests of genres and artists. Be sure to check out their new website and listen to some of the demos - it's even better in real life! Cheers

Sent on 03/18/2017

Lucy · Married on 10/22/2016

These guys are awesome. So professional, amazingly organised. All of our guests said they were the best wedding band they'd ever had! We were thrilled and they made our wedding a party to remember. Recommend getting in touch with them early if you want to do anything different to give them time to accommodate. They let a friend of ours step in and do a sax solo which was really cool! All in all, would highly recommend them. Thanks so much for a great night! Lucy & Charlie 10.22

Sent on 11/13/2016