My Island Getaways Reviews

My Island Getaways 6
My Island Getaways 7
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/19/2019

My fiancé and I had been researching and trying to find the best place for a destination wedding. Jodi from my Island Getaways has been soooo amazing! Very honest and helpful in so many ways. We found the perfect place for our wedding and are super excited. She is still in contact and helping with any additional questions. They are so worth it!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Xee · Married on 01/06/2019

Destination Wedding with Island Getaways

We had our destination wedding at Generations Spa & Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. We chose this resort per recommendation from our amazing travel agent, Nancy Finn with Island Getaways. We worked together for over a year and it was a relatively seamless process. She was very responsive and showed a lot of care for our big day. She even surprised us with some upgrades e,g, limousine to and from the Cancun airport, and a room upgrade. We highly recommend her for all your travel needs especially if you're considering a destination wedding.

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing help booking our honeymoon

We booked through Nancy Finn from Island Getaways and we were so pleased with all her knowledge and help booking. My husband and I had the best honeymoon while staying at El Dorado Sensimar resort. We were located in the villas right beside the Beach BBQ restaurant. Working with a travel agent is so worth it; it definitely made us feel very comfortable with where we were going and how we were spending our money. We had an amazing room located steps from the beach we were showered with champagne, fresh fruit, chocolates, deserts and a decorated room just about every night. Nancy also made it possible for us to have a direct transport to and from the airport giving us less time in the car and more time at the resort. I highly recommend booking your next vacation or honeymoon with her.

Sent on 01/06/2019
    My Island Getaways 16
    My Island Getaways 17
    My Island Getaways 18

Bradford · Married on 06/29/2018

We booked our destination wedding in Riviera Maya through Island Getaways. We were extremely happy with the service we received. Nancy and her team were very responsive and easy to reach throughout the planning process. We thought that having so many guests traveling internationally would be a chore, but Nancy made it very easy. She really knows her stuff when it comes to providing a luxury experience in the Caribbean. Every aspect of our trip and accommodations were consistent with the way they were described to us. They also provided excellent customer service to our guests and family, which was equally important to us. I would definitely use Nancy's expertise to help plan another one of my vacations. Shout out to Santanna, who was also readily available to assist us.

Sent on 08/21/2018

H · event on 06/10/2018

Island Getaways was amazing! Professionalism all the way around, and they were super helpful in planning our honeymoon for us. We had an amazing time. Nancy to her assistants were so helpful in all our travel plans and we truly had an amazing experience!!

Would Highly recommend for your travel needs!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kevin · Married on 02/01/2018

Great experience- so happy we worked with Nancy Finn from Island Getaways!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Megan · event on 09/25/2017

I used Charmaine George with Island Getaways to help us plan our honeymoon. She did an awesome job! She helped us pick a resort that was exactly what we were looking for. We stayed at Sandals Regency La Toc in St. Lucia and it was amazing, everything you could ask for on your honeymoon. Charmaine also did a great job helping us when we ran into issues with our flights being delayed and missing connections. She seamlessly helped us cancel our old flights, book new ones, and even adjust the dates of our trip so that we didn't miss a night at the resort. She coordinated our overnight hotels for our layovers and figured out every little detail you could possibly think of. We were so grateful for her. Without all of her help it would have been a nightmare for us to get it all figured out. She took a terrible situation and made it much better for us! I will definitely be utilizing her again in the future for other vacations.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Marie · Married on 08/29/2017

Our honeymoon was truly an amazing and forever memorable experience thanks to Charmaine George of Island Getaways! Being the Karisma Resorts GI Wedding, Honeymoon & Anniversary Specialist she arranged for incredible honeymoon treats including champagne upon arrival, flowers, massages, special romantic meals, and a private picnic on the beach just to name a few. Everything about El Dorado Maroma Riviera Maya Palafitos was mind blowing; incredible food, superior customer service, and simply a beyond perfect beach and resort. We very highly recommend Charmaine George and the Palafitos!  Charmaine is very knowledgeable, kind, and warm. She was extremely helpful and attentive every step of the way from meeting, to booking, to emails, final details and follow up. She was there for us always. Everyone at El Dorado Maroma Riviera Maya Palafitos was truly wonderful and exceptional as well.

Sent on 09/08/2017

Brenda · Married on 07/22/2017

Nancy and her assistant were outstanding! Both were so easy to work with and both were so nice and friendly. I was never stressed about travel accommodations for us or any of our guests. Communication was quick and easy, I never had to call or email to follow up on a question or concern that I had. Nancy even helped to find specials and deals for our guests based on the time that they were booking their travel. This was the first time that we traveled with our infant daughter, and Nancy made sure that we were not worried about proper transportation and the safety of our daughter. Thank you so much for helping us make our wedding a stress free and memorable experience!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/22/2017

Aimee with Island Getaways was absolutely fantastic! She helped my husband and I plan our Honeymoon in St. Lucia and her knowledge and advice were invaluable. She suggested that we split our trip between 2 resorts and we are SO happy that we did! We got to see so much of the island and through Aimee, we got to eat at the best restaurant we've ever been to. We even had a whole list of excursions and activities to try while we were there - not a single one was a bust! She is incredibly organized and on top of her game; communication was quick and efficient and I would HIGHLY recommend Aimee to anyone searching for a phenomenal travel agent! Sufficient to say, vacationing has never been easier when you have someone like Aimee setting everything up for you. We are so appreciative of her hard work and will absolutely use her for our future travels :)

Sent on 08/07/2017

Marvin · Married on 07/16/2017

Our destination wedding at the Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica was an absolute dream! The agent that assisted my wife and I was Charmaine George, who I am pleased to say that she's our permanent travel agent and I highly recommend her. This was our very first international trip and Charmaine made all arrangements very seamless!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Savannah · event on 06/09/2017

Charmaine George was our travel agent for our honeymoon to St. Lucia and we are SO relieved and thankful we found her. She made the whole booking process easy and stress free with Sandals. She also booked our helicopter ride for us and then when our flight was delayed she contacted the helicopter company for us and rearranged our reservations last minute. She also contacted the resort for us instead of us having to worry about communicating with everyone among the stress of our delayed flight. We arrived to our honeymoon suite to find a thoughtful note from Charmaine too! We loved our experience with Sandals and if we ever book with them again (which we hope to in the not so far off future) we will use Charmaine!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Laura · event on 05/29/2017

Island Getaways is the best travel agency to use when booking an island honeymoon! Nancy Finn helped my husband and I book our trip to Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas and we had a wonderful time there! The entire staff at Island Getaways is easy to work with, very professional, highly responsive and went the extra mile to make sure that our stay was phenomenal. Nancy even wrote a letter on our behalf to the GM to ensure that we would be well taken care of during our stay. I cannot say enough good things about Island Getaways - they really know the resorts inside and out. We liked using them so much that when my husband and I booked our next Sandals trip I contacted Nancy and she made sure that we got a discount that was not originally given to us when we booked it because we are returning customers of Sandals! Thank you Nancy and to your staff for being so great! We will continue to use you for all of our island vacations!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Echo · event on 05/27/2017

Nancy and Santana from Island Getaways are great to work with and really know their stuff! The prices they got us were extremely reasonable. We will be using them again soon for our next anniversary vacation.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Egle · Married on 05/25/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Charmaine from Island Getaways. She was very helpful from the start, she booked our hotel as well as our guests' accommodations. Charmaine answered any questions that came up regarding travel or hotel. She also helped me communicate with my wedding coordinator from the hotel and would clarify things for me if they were not clear. She would answer all my emails and calls within a couple of hours. She was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to anyone that is planning a wedding.

Sent on 06/02/2017

sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

Honeymoon goals

My husband and I successfully planned the most epic destination wedding. And though a girl never reveals all her secrets, I feel that everyone needs Nancy in their life. Nancy handled our entire guest list with all their reservation needs with such ease-or so she made it seem that way. Our family and friends revel so much about Nancy, we knew we made the right choice. She even was able to organize a post wedding day excursion for our entire group-talk about herding cats! She was even able to handle a pushy future mother in law with such class! I can’t thank Nancy enough, for helping to pull off such an amazing day in our lives!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    My Island Getaways 19
    My Island Getaways 20
    My Island Getaways 21

Cassie · event on 04/18/2017

Nancy was AMAZING and so patient while we were booking our honeymoon! Everything was so perfect on our honeymoon and I have no doubt she had a hand in ensuring that it was! We will be using Island Getaways for all of our trips for sure!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Vernon · Married on 01/07/2017

Made us feel real comfortable and worked hard to help us out. Was there any time we had a question via email or phone.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Jill · Married on 10/01/2016

Island Getaways, is the place to book your vacation! Hurricane Mathews was on its was to hit our vacation spot, Nancy was there to take of it all. She rearranged our air flight and hotel so we could still go on our honeymoon. She is the best!

Sent on 10/16/2016

John · event on 09/25/2016

Nancy Finn and her team at My Island Getaways were amazing planning our Honeymoon! Nancy helped us pick the perfect destination and it was exactly what we wanted and more! Nancy had been to Sandals Grande Antigua many times so she was able to give us first hand information about the resort, the rooms and the best things to do around the area! The resort was amazing, the employees were fabulous and the island was beautiful just like Nancy described! I highly recommend using My Island Getaways and look forward to using them again in the future!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Christina · Married on 09/09/2016

I believe I found Nancy Finn with My island Getaways via search engine but I can't be certain. All I am CERTAIN of is I made the RIGHT and BEST choice in working with Nancy and Island Getaways! Nancy is located in Brookfield, WI and I am located in Northern Illinois. We worked together completely over the phone and through email and social media and although we never officially met in person, she was very accessible and easy to work with.
    Nancy from the beginning will become your best friend with her laid back, open-minded, fun and friendly attitude and she is so knowledgeable and well-connected. Talking with her is like talking with an old friend you've known for years. She just puts a stressed out bride at ease! She and her team will go above and beyond for their bride and groom and guests to make everyone happy and we felt it the whole time.

She is responsive with emails, texts, calls and social media. Nancy was also very understanding with various changes made along the way (I changed my destination from Turks and Caicos to Mexico and then changed my booked resort to another resort I liked better). She also is so well-known in the industry and has excellent connections to really ensure her clients are treated royally and have experiences and amenities that other travel agents or destination wedding planners just can't offer. She went above and beyond to fight for things I wanted for my wedding or things were not right or okay, she would get in contact with whoever she had to to make things right.

All my guests (All 37 of them that booked, plus the other 20+ who called her to get info or booked but backed out for other reasons) who worked with her to get their trip planned were very happy and enjoyed chatting with her on the phone. Nancy is a godsend and I consider her a friend. Nancy and her team are reliable, knowledgeable, friendly, trusted, well-connected, and well-respected. I highly recommend Nancy Finn and Island Getaways!

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/21/2016

Nancy was amazing in helping us book our honeymoon. We didn't have a destination narrowed down and she helped us pick one that would be perfect for us. Through her we had the amazing honeymoon package and she was great with communication. We will be booking with her again!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Liz · Married on 05/14/2016

I booked my destination wedding at Azul Fives in Mexico with Charmaine George of My Island Getaways and it was the best decision I made. She was so instrumental in my entire wedding planning process. She acted as more than just a travel agent but she was my advisor and the person in my corner that I could always count on to fight for me when the resort gave me a hard time with any aspect of the wedding at all. She was very knowledgeable in the resort and wedding process and my guide throughout this whole experience. If she did not know something, she would immediately find out and get back to me with an answer. She was great with my guests, always available and willing to answer any questions they had. She took care of all my guests bookings and was so organized which I really loved! She would send me updated spreadsheets from time to time with my guest bookings, dates, names, details...whatever I needed. This was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, knowing she had that portion of my wedding planning taken care of. Also, I know some of my guests weren't the easiest to deal with (they aren't even for me! Lol) but she handled every situation very well. I had many late bookings and room switches but nothing was ever a burden... She was always ready and willing to help in any way she could. My wedding was about a month ago and there are credits and refunds I still have pending from the hotel and even now, she's still in my corner making sure I receive every dime that is owed to me. I am eternally grateful to Charmaine for helping me plan one of the most important and memorable days of my life!

Sent on 06/11/2016
  • TeamByerly

Shalina · Married on 05/14/2016

Nancy Finn was awesome to work with. She made our destination wedding in St Lucia effortless for us and our 20 guests.

Sent on 06/29/2016