My Island Getaways Reviews

My Island Getaways 3
My Island Getaways 4
  • Amber

Amber · Getting married on 04/19/2019

My fiancé and I had been researching and trying to find the best place for a destination wedding. Jodi from my Island Getaways has been soooo amazing! Very honest and helpful in so many ways. We found the perfect place for our wedding and are super excited. She is still in contact and helping with any additional questions. They are so worth it!!

Bradford · Married on 06/29/2018

We booked our destination wedding in Riviera Maya through Island Getaways. We were extremely happy with the service we received. Nancy and her team were very responsive and easy to reach throughout the planning process. We thought that having so many guests traveling internationally would be a chore, but Nancy made it very easy. She really knows her stuff when it comes to providing a luxury experience in the Caribbean. Every aspect of our trip and accommodations were consistent with the way they were described to us. They also provided excellent customer service to our guests and family, which was equally important to us. I would definitely use Nancy's expertise to help plan another one of my vacations. Shout out to Santanna, who was also readily available to assist us.

Kevin · Married on 02/01/2018

Great experience- so happy we worked with Nancy Finn from Island Getaways!

Marie · Married on 08/29/2017

Our honeymoon was truly an amazing and forever memorable experience thanks to Charmaine George of Island Getaways! Being the Karisma Resorts GI Wedding, Honeymoon & Anniversary Specialist she arranged for incredible honeymoon treats including champagne upon arrival, flowers, massages, special romantic meals, and a private picnic on the beach just to name a few. Everything about El Dorado Maroma Riviera Maya Palafitos was mind blowing; incredible food, superior customer service, and simply a beyond perfect beach and resort. We very highly recommend Charmaine George and the Palafitos!  Charmaine is very knowledgeable, kind, and warm. She was extremely helpful and attentive every step of the way from meeting, to booking, to emails, final details and follow up. She was there for us always. Everyone at El Dorado Maroma Riviera Maya Palafitos was truly wonderful and exceptional as well.

Brenda · Married on 07/22/2017

Nancy and her assistant were outstanding! Both were so easy to work with and both were so nice and friendly. I was never stressed about travel accommodations for us or any of our guests. Communication was quick and easy, I never had to call or email to follow up on a question or concern that I had. Nancy even helped to find specials and deals for our guests based on the time that they were booking their travel. This was the first time that we traveled with our infant daughter, and Nancy made sure that we were not worried about proper transportation and the safety of our daughter. Thank you so much for helping us make our wedding a stress free and memorable experience!

Lauren · Married on 07/22/2017

Aimee with Island Getaways was absolutely fantastic! She helped my husband and I plan our Honeymoon in St. Lucia and her knowledge and advice were invaluable. She suggested that we split our trip between 2 resorts and we are SO happy that we did! We got to see so much of the island and through Aimee, we got to eat at the best restaurant we've ever been to. We even had a whole list of excursions and activities to try while we were there - not a single one was a bust! She is incredibly organized and on top of her game; communication was quick and efficient and I would HIGHLY recommend Aimee to anyone searching for a phenomenal travel agent! Sufficient to say, vacationing has never been easier when you have someone like Aimee setting everything up for you. We are so appreciative of her hard work and will absolutely use her for our future travels :)

Marvin · Married on 07/16/2017

Our destination wedding at the Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica was an absolute dream! The agent that assisted my wife and I was Charmaine George, who I am pleased to say that she's our permanent travel agent and I highly recommend her. This was our very first international trip and Charmaine made all arrangements very seamless!

Laura · event on: 05/29/2017

Island Getaways is the best travel agency to use when booking an island honeymoon! Nancy Finn helped my husband and I book our trip to Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas and we had a wonderful time there! The entire staff at Island Getaways is easy to work with, very professional, highly responsive and went the extra mile to make sure that our stay was phenomenal. Nancy even wrote a letter on our behalf to the GM to ensure that we would be well taken care of during our stay. I cannot say enough good things about Island Getaways - they really know the resorts inside and out. We liked using them so much that when my husband and I booked our next Sandals trip I contacted Nancy and she made sure that we got a discount that was not originally given to us when we booked it because we are returning customers of Sandals! Thank you Nancy and to your staff for being so great! We will continue to use you for all of our island vacations!

Savannah · event on: 06/09/2017

Charmaine George was our travel agent for our honeymoon to St. Lucia and we are SO relieved and thankful we found her. She made the whole booking process easy and stress free with Sandals. She also booked our helicopter ride for us and then when our flight was delayed she contacted the helicopter company for us and rearranged our reservations last minute. She also contacted the resort for us instead of us having to worry about communicating with everyone among the stress of our delayed flight. We arrived to our honeymoon suite to find a thoughtful note from Charmaine too! We loved our experience with Sandals and if we ever book with them again (which we hope to in the not so far off future) we will use Charmaine!

Egle · Married on 05/25/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Charmaine from Island Getaways. She was very helpful from the start, she booked our hotel as well as our guests' accommodations. Charmaine answered any questions that came up regarding travel or hotel. She also helped me communicate with my wedding coordinator from the hotel and would clarify things for me if they were not clear. She would answer all my emails and calls within a couple of hours. She was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to anyone that is planning a wedding.

sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

Honeymoon goals

My husband and I successfully planned the most epic destination wedding. And though a girl never reveals all her secrets, I feel that everyone needs Nancy in their life. Nancy handled our entire guest list with all their reservation needs with such ease-or so she made it seem that way. Our family and friends revel so much about Nancy, we knew we made the right choice. She even was able to organize a post wedding day excursion for our entire group-talk about herding cats! She was even able to handle a pushy future mother in law with such class! I can’t thank Nancy enough, for helping to pull off such an amazing day in our lives!

My Island Getaways 5
    My Island Getaways 6
    My Island Getaways 7

Vernon · Married on 01/07/2017

Made us feel real comfortable and worked hard to help us out. Was there any time we had a question via email or phone.

Jill · Married on 10/01/2016

Island Getaways, is the place to book your vacation! Hurricane Mathews was on its was to hit our vacation spot, Nancy was there to take of it all. She rearranged our air flight and hotel so we could still go on our honeymoon. She is the best!

Christina · Married on 09/09/2016

I believe I found Nancy Finn with My island Getaways via search engine but I can't be certain. All I am CERTAIN of is I made the RIGHT and BEST choice in working with Nancy and Island Getaways! Nancy is located in Brookfield, WI and I am located in Northern Illinois. We worked together completely over the phone and through email and social media and although we never officially met in person, she was very accessible and easy to work with.
    Nancy from the beginning will become your best friend with her laid back, open-minded, fun and friendly attitude and she is so knowledgeable and well-connected. Talking with her is like talking with an old friend you've known for years. She just puts a stressed out bride at ease! She and her team will go above and beyond for their bride and groom and guests to make everyone happy and we felt it the whole time.

She is responsive with emails, texts, calls and social media. Nancy was also very understanding with various changes made along the way (I changed my destination from Turks and Caicos to Mexico and then changed my booked resort to another resort I liked better). She also is so well-known in the industry and has excellent connections to really ensure her clients are treated royally and have experiences and amenities that other travel agents or destination wedding planners just can't offer. She went above and beyond to fight for things I wanted for my wedding or things were not right or okay, she would get in contact with whoever she had to to make things right.

All my guests (All 37 of them that booked, plus the other 20+ who called her to get info or booked but backed out for other reasons) who worked with her to get their trip planned were very happy and enjoyed chatting with her on the phone. Nancy is a godsend and I consider her a friend. Nancy and her team are reliable, knowledgeable, friendly, trusted, well-connected, and well-respected. I highly recommend Nancy Finn and Island Getaways!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/21/2016

Nancy was amazing in helping us book our honeymoon. We didn't have a destination narrowed down and she helped us pick one that would be perfect for us. Through her we had the amazing honeymoon package and she was great with communication. We will be booking with her again!

Liz · Married on 05/14/2016

I booked my destination wedding at Azul Fives in Mexico with Charmaine George of My Island Getaways and it was the best decision I made. She was so instrumental in my entire wedding planning process. She acted as more than just a travel agent but she was my advisor and the person in my corner that I could always count on to fight for me when the resort gave me a hard time with any aspect of the wedding at all. She was very knowledgeable in the resort and wedding process and my guide throughout this whole experience. If she did not know something, she would immediately find out and get back to me with an answer. She was great with my guests, always available and willing to answer any questions they had. She took care of all my guests bookings and was so organized which I really loved! She would send me updated spreadsheets from time to time with my guest bookings, dates, names, details...whatever I needed. This was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, knowing she had that portion of my wedding planning taken care of. Also, I know some of my guests weren't the easiest to deal with (they aren't even for me! Lol) but she handled every situation very well. I had many late bookings and room switches but nothing was ever a burden... She was always ready and willing to help in any way she could. My wedding was about a month ago and there are credits and refunds I still have pending from the hotel and even now, she's still in my corner making sure I receive every dime that is owed to me. I am eternally grateful to Charmaine for helping me plan one of the most important and memorable days of my life!

• TeamByerly

Shalina · Married on 05/14/2016

Nancy Finn was awesome to work with. She made our destination wedding in St Lucia effortless for us and our 20 guests.

Hope · Married on 05/13/2016

Charmaine George with Island Getaways is incredible. Because of her dedicated service our wedding and honeymoon at Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica was beyond a dream come true. Months after the wedding I have guests going out of their way to tell me what an incredible experience the wedding/vacation was from start to finish. Even people who didn't attend the wedding have told me they heard the rave reviews. Spoiler alert: that was all because of Char! My husband even thinks I was an easy bride (hah!). Char has her heart in this and I think that's what makes her stand out from the rest. She heard what I wanted and made it happen. Let's be honest though, helping me through wedding planning was probably a fraction of the responsibility that she dominated. We had almost 60 people at our wedding. That means she coordinated nearly 60 people's vacation plans for ONE EVENT....flawlessly. *mind blown* Look, there are a lot of agents out there you could gamble on. If you like gambling on your wedding/vacation have fun! However, if you're like me and you want to cut to the chase and have the best of the best I urge you to contact Char as soon as you can. One conversation with her and you will feel how I felt in the beginning of my planning stage: relief (you may want to hug her too). Char- if/when you read this, please know you helped make the best day and vacation of my life an unforgettable one not only for me but for everyone it touched. For you I am forever grateful!

Shannon · Married on 05/08/2016

My husband and I used Nancy and the team at My Island Getaways to book our group for our destination wedding in Mexico. From my first conversation with Nancy, I knew we were in good hands and she blew me away throughout the entire planning process.
    She was so patient with our guests. Some had never traveled outside the US, so the concepts of international travel and all-inclusive were new to them. She always took the time, even off hours, to answer every question.
    She was flexible and a great problem solver. She was always happy to accommodate any request I had, and I had a lot. Because we had booked so early, we had room change requests. A few were unable to attend and Nancy was able to book other people in their place so they got their money back. Our resort sold out months before and she managed to secure more rooms.
    Planning a wedding remotely has its challenges, but Nancy always had our back. The resort suspended one of the wedding promotions that we booked under and she ensured that the resort honored it. She was also able to book our onsite wedding coordinator meeting in advance.
    Nancy’s relationships with the resort and Lomas proved to be incredibly important. She surprised my husband and I with a limo upgrade hotel transportation and secured room upgrades for our ENTIRE group. The resort knows when an Island Getaway group is coming and you are treated like VIP.
    The service didn’t stop after our trip was over. She called immediately after we returned and took a genuine interest in our experience. A piece of décor went missing and she contacted the resort on my behalf to locate it.
    Her passion is apparent in the work she does and she truly goes above and beyond to make sure her clients are happy. She values relationships over the sale. Do yourself a favor, book with Nancy -she will ensure you have a trip of a lifetime. I know we cannot wait to work with Nancy again!

Robin · Married on 04/16/2016

Nancy was great to work with for planning our honeymoon! I found her on wedding wire and am so glad I reached out to her. She was easy to get a hold of, always responded quickly to any inquiry, and made planning the trip a breeze! We weren't quite sure what we were looking for when I contacted her, but she helped us find the best vacation within our budget. I'm pretty sure she's the reason we got a wonderful room at our hotel, too :) Definitely let her help you plan your honeymoon!

We could not have planned our destination wedding to Jamaica without the help of Nancy and everyone at Island Getaways. During our first meeting with Nancy, she assured us that the planning process would be stress-free, and that is exactly how it went. She made everything so simple for us, and the arrangements for us and our wedding guests went smoothly. They were always available to answer our questions and made sure that we were prepared in all aspects of the travel portion of our wedding. Overall great to work with!!

Kara · Married on 12/05/2015

I was referred to Nancy Finn at My Island Getaways via a friend who she also planned a destination wedding for. I had spoken to a couple of other not so helpful travel agents prior who basically sent me on my way with a ton of brochures and pamphlets for dozens of resorts all over the place. I was totally lost at where to go, what to do, etc. Nancy and her team were diligent in helping me and all of my guests (some were a bit "difficult"), even as far as to get a last minute room in a sold out resort (El Dorado Royale) the week prior to our wedding! The resort was perfect, everything went seamlessly, she got several upgrades for us for free including a limo to and from the airport, extras in our room, etc. I have referred multiple friends to her since then and have even gone back to El Dorado Casitas for an anniversary trip in 2016 and we're going back again this Dec. as well! Island Getaways goes out of their way to get you the best rates at the perfect resort, takes calls all hours of the day and they all truly seem to love their work. I highly recommend them!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2015

Nancy Finn from Island Getaways was an absolute joy to work with as we planned our intimate vow renewal at Beaches Turks and Caicos.

From making sure the staff knew about all of our plans and preferences to ensuring we had champagne and breakfast in bed in our (UPGRADED) room, Nancy made sure each detail of our trip was unforgettable.

Our ceremony was small - just us and our three-year-old daughter - but we felt like royalty from the moment we arrived at the resort. Nancy helped us achieve our dream, even better than we could have imagined, and we couldn't be more grateful.

Michael J. · Married on 10/31/2015

Char did an amazing job setting up our honeymoon and got us a great deal on a wonderful all inclusive resort.