Island Bliss Weddings Reviews

251 | St Thomas, VI

251 Reviews for Island Bliss Weddings

Katt O. · Getting married on 11/18/2021

Amazing Service!

Janelle has been great! She has lots of good information and knows the islands well. She is very professional and the package she offered us is a great deal!

Sent on 02/17/2021
  • Chelsea

Chelsea P. · Married on 05/10/2021

Amazing experience!

WOW! I don't have enough positive things to say about Janelle and her team at Island Bliss Weddings. They exceeded ALL off my expectations and really, truly made our wedding an experience we will never forget. I was really worried about being 2,000 miles away and not knowing how everything was going to turn out but it was soooo much better than I could have imagined. Janelle was great with giving me different ideas/opinions on things. She was great about giving me different options so I stayed within budget. Her and her team are so incredibly knowledgeable.. YOU ARE IN GREAT HANDS WITH ISLAND BLISS WEDDINGS!! Do not hesitate when booking them for your special day. You will not regret it! :)

Sent on 06/01/2021
  • Hannah

Hannah P. · Married on 03/05/2021

1.2

Would not recommend!!!

My husband and I got married in March on St. John and we used Island Bliss Weddings as our coordinator. Janelle will be the best planner in the world if you are wanting a high expense wedding. In my opinion, couples should not receive lesser treatment just because they are having a smaller simpler wedding or having a smaller budget. I felt that a lot of the information we were given from this company was misleading or intentionally left out, and Janelle honestly made the hastle of wedding planner harder than it would have been without her. I’d say in general we were a very low-maintenance couple- just needing coordination for ceremony details like chairs, arch, flowers, guitar player, cake, etc. In terms of emails, Janelle would take at least a week to respond to emails even during the week before our ceremony; we tried emailing her multiple times trying to get information to pay her and couldn’t even get a response until the day we left for our trip. When showing up to our wedding, we walked out to find a man that we had never met before and had no expectations of finding; Janelle intentionally left out the information that she wouldn’t be attending our wedding. After Janelle received her payment prior to our wedding, we did not hear another word from her unless we contacted her multiple times. At our ceremony, the arch and flowers were pitiful. I will attach pictures of our expectations of what we asked for in her guide vs. what we received and they speak for themself honestly. Our flower arrangements were half the size of the advertised arrangements, and the arch we received was spray-painted PVC pipes held together with zip ties. For cake, we asked multiple times (just to make sure we were very clear) that we would like a small two-tier naked cake with flowers; Janelle responded with their bakery that does naked cakes and we sent her our details to get it ordered. Janelle forgot to tell the company we would like any of these details, and our cake was completely different. As for our guitar player, he stayed for 10 minutes (when we paid for an hour) and was nowhere to be seen after. Overall experience- could have better worse, but could have been much better for the pretty price we paid and for this to be one of the most important day of our lives. Honestly- do your research and look into other coordinators!

Sent on 05/17/2021

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

This review was really shocking to receive as Hannah never once voiced any concerns or displeasure in planning. Even after her wedding, she never once reached out to discuss anything that she was not happy about so to get this review 2 months after her date was very puzzling. Her review is also incredibly inaccurate and when I reached out to discuss, she admitted things went smoothly. I even screenshotted our conversations where you can see we were in constant communication the week of her wedding and she never waited more than 3 days for a response - and the week of her wedding, it was never more than 24 hours. I also sent her the listed of the copper arch we own. We do not own any PVC pipe arches and the flowers can only be attached to the arch with zip ties, which are not visible from the front of the arch (you have to walk about the backside of the arch to see them and guests are never in this area). I also showed her in our arch guide that she paid less for the arch for less flowers on it, as we offer multiple price points for the arches. The arch she thought she was getting costs much more and she chose the smaller floral option. The cake order was also submitted exactly as she had asked - I do not bake the cakes or deliver them myself, so I had no way of knowing that the bakery delivered the wrong cake and again, she never once reached out to tell me after the fact that anything was wrong. We most certainly would have given her a refund for receiving the wrong cake but in no way did I "forget" to tell the bakery the details she asked for and even showed her the correct order. Even more confusing was her stating how expensive we are and that we don't treat brides fairly with a small wedding vs. a big wedding...it's just a completely unfounded statement. We are one of the least expensive planners on St. John - Hannah paid less than $700 for a coordination fee which included over a year of planning and day of services. The "man" that coordinated for her is an Island Bliss Weddings employee who has been working as an onsite wedding coordinator for 6 years...I asked her if he did anything wrong and the answer was no, she was just expecting me to be there but never in the planning process did I state I would be there and when I had coffee with her and the groom a year earlier I explained that I am often not the on-site coordinator.

I always tell me my brides, if something is wrong, or you have a concern, just let me know. We plan hundreds of weddings every year and we want every single one of them to be perfect. I can't fix something if I don't know something is wrong and after many emails stating how much they appreciated me and thanked me for my work, I'm definitely blindsided by such a review, especially when I reach out to discuss it and am told everything went smoothly.
  • Sarah

Sarah E. · Married on 11/03/2020

Easy, helpful, affordable, quality.

Never would have thought planning a wedding would be as easy as Janelle made it. She knows what she is doing and she is very good at it. Can’t beat the quality and price!

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/23/2020

Perfect Island Wedding

Working with Island Bliss Weddings when planning my destination wedding was perfect! It’s so difficult to make decisions when you can’t be there in person to look at/try things out and they were so amazing at giving thoughtful suggestions tailored to what I was looking for and not just a generic set of vendors. They answered my (what felt like) million emails without complaint and when my ship had to dock an hour late they literally rearranged everything including my officiant to make sure I still got married. Their commitment went above and beyond and I would recommend them to EVERY SINGLE BRIDE looking to get married on the island.

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth - you were such a dream to work with and I'm in love with your photos! We hope to see you back in the islands!
  • Cayelea

Cayelea R. · Married on 10/10/2020

Flexible and Understanding

We were one of the many 10/10/20 couples. Janelle was very understanding and flexible when it came to my emotional breakdowns, nearly cancelling. I am so happy we stuck it out with Island Bliss and our original wedding date, because it was perfect!!! I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

I'm so glad you stuck it out too! It hasn't been easy for Covid brides, with so much stress, but wow, the wedding photos say it all, it was a gorgeous day and so worth it!

Jaleesa A. · Married on 10/10/2020

Best for Destination Wedding

We planned a vacation to St.Thomas Virgin Islands and decided to elope while we were there due to COVID. I found Island Bliss Wedding via google, and I am so happy and pleased I reached out. We literally emailed her about 3 weeks prior to the ceremony and Janelle made everything come together so beautifully and smooth from flowers, location, photographer, and decor.
    She lays out everything she provides and expectations with communication. She was so quick to respond via email with all of my questions and requests. She will make your dream come to life, just ask tell her what you want.
    I also loved that she gives suggestions for dinner, hair stylists, photographers,etc on the island. With someone not from St.Thomas, she made it easy for us to find local go to spots. My favorite part was that everything was stress-free for my husband and I to plan and on our actual wedding day. I would recommend Island Bliss Weddings to all my family and friends wanting a destination wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2020

Shantel M. · Married on 08/06/2020

Perfect wedding

There is no way I can put into words how great Janelle & her team is. When we started planning our wedding I had emailed/called about 4 wedding planners in St. Thomas and as soon as I had read her email and called her I knew I was going to love her. I still can’t get over how perfect everything was the day of the wedding. I had so many last minute changes and you wouldn’t even know it. Aaron and Stewart did a freakin amazing job and all I can say is the communication skills for this team are top notch. I couldn’t be happier with the team I had the privilege of meeting.

Sent on 08/09/2020

Kathy A. · Married on 12/23/2019

An absolute pleasure to work with

The experience with Jennelle and her crew could not have been any more delightful. Island bliss weddings made the experience easy to plan the wedding we wanted, communication as simple, professional and prompt, After we arrived on the island everything was exactly on point, Arron thank you for your help and information about the island as you drove us to the locations we needed to get to, your ceremonial words could not have been better. We really did have exactly the wedding we envisioned.
    Kathy and Doug( Dec 23, 2019 - trunk bay)

Sent on 01/05/2020

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

A gorgeous almost Christmas Eve wedding! Congrats to you both and thank you so much for choosing Island Bliss Weddings.
  • Frances

Frances M. · Married on 12/16/2019

Incredible

We are very satisfied with the service

Sent on 01/12/2020

Marissa · Married on 11/09/2019

Stress-free & budget-friendly!!

My fiance and I are currently working with Janelle to plan our December 2019 wedding on St. John. She has been very responsive, attentive and friendly to work with throughout the planning process so far. She is happy to offer up suggestions but also listens to what we want and does not push any particular vendors on us - rather just helps us navigate the process of finding exactly what we are looking for to make our wedding day perfect. She provides thorough information for everything you need to know about planning a destination wedding, not to mention her inventory of wedding arches, chairs, decor, etc. is awesome - which makes planning the wedding decor so much simpler!

Sent on 04/12/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory B. · Married on 11/01/2019

1.6

Disappointing

Overall I was disappointed with a few things that happened while working with Janelle. I feel the same as other reviewers – in that I feel as if I was a bride shuffled through a wedding factory and that there was absolutely no effort to get to know me, add personal touches or collaborate. I hired her since I wanted someone on-site day of to handle things if they went sideways. Looking back I feel I got very little value out of the services and that her team actually added stress day of. When I arrived, Janelle wasn’t even there – she sent her cousin with no heads up so I didn’t even realize who this person was or why they were there, as I was expecting her. Instead of managing the events of the wedding – he informed me the photographer hadn’t arrived. When I asked if he had called her he just replied “I don’t have cell service.” Again, troubleshooting (what he should have been doing) I asked if my officiate was there, since I knew she was friends with my photographer – he said she was waiting on the beach. I asked if he had checked in with her – he hadn’t. I asked if he would go check with her and as I looked out to the beach I saw a woman standing next to my officiate wearing a camera. The photographer had been there the whole time and the coordinator was just off in lalala land. I had also requested for the chairs to be set up a specific way – in a circle so everyone including my elderly grandmother could hear the ceremony. They were set up in rows, which is disappointing given I paid an extra $175 for rental and set up. It was clear that the cousin had not been brought up to speed on the events of the day.

While Janelle didn’t collaborate on the ceremony – she was quick to direct me to her website to rent various items at an additional charge. The other piece I found extremely disappointing is that when I told her that I had found an officiate I liked, she badmouthed him telling me that she didn’t like working with him and had had a bad experience (fair if this is actually true). When I then asked her for suggestions of officiates she liked she suggested her cousin (yes the same cousin she sent to be my on-site coordinator). This was at another additional fee to the package I booked with her. He initially refused to get on the phone with me to discuss how we could personalize the ceremony and forwarded me a word doc that was so impersonal and looked like he just googled “wedding ceremonies.” Given that response I ultimately booked a different officiate who was an absolute angel and gave me the time of day. She clued me in that the officiate Janelle recommended was actually her cousin. I definitely feel like I didn’t get my money’s worth from my package fee when the majority of things I needed were at an extra charge and I ended up doing 90% of the coordination with vendors. My advice would be to make sure that you understand what your needs are and clarify that the package you are purchasing meets those needs. If you think you are going to hire someone to be onsite and act as an extra set of hands – think twice because there is an extra fee tacked on to pretty much anything. Be prepared to have her look out for her own interests $$ and not yours.

Also - the majority of people here are leaving positive reviews because Janelle advertises that she will send a seahorse wine opener for leaving a positive review.... So take what you read with a grain of salt.

Sent on 01/03/2020

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

Mallory and I exchanged over 250 emails in the year that we planned her wedding and the only thing that went wrong on her wedding day was that the chairs were not in the U-shaped configuration at the beach. Everything else was exactly as we had planned together. I think the biggest problem is that Mallory didn’t understand the package that she booked and was upset that it wasn’t me personally at the ceremony vs. a team member. Mallory’s package was simple pre-wedding planning assistance and an on-site ceremony coordinator for up to two hours at the ceremony site. She actually received everything she paid for plus more. My advice to brides: if at any point you are feeling that you’re not getting the services you have paid for, say something. Mallory never once complained to me about anything (other than other vendors) in the planning process. I had no idea she was expecting something from me that she was not getting. She asked for, and received, advice on various vendors, venues, etc. I was always quick to answer her emails and her phone calls and help her out when something wasn’t going the way it was supposed to (like her villa wanting to charge her a crazy amount just to have a dinner there). She could have easily said “hey, I need more help with something” and I would have happily been right there. Mallory complained that anytime she wanted to add something, there was an additional fee. But the package only included wedding planning and an on-site coordinator. Anything other than that is of course going to be an additional fee (I’m not sure why she thought an officiate, which charges anywhere from $300 to $400 would have been included, or chairs, an arch, etc.). She said I was “quick to direct” her to our rental website, she is correct – when she expressed interest in adding ceremony décor, I did send her our PDFs and links to options...that’s what wedding planners do lol...give brides information on things they ask for.
  • Rachel

Rachel T. · Married on 10/10/2019

100% Would Do Again

I found Island Bliss Weddings in 2018 by doing a simple google search of "St. Thomas Weddings" and after reading their reviews, I decided to go for it. Janelle was so easy to work with and always had answers to my questions even if she was over 2,000 miles away. I was pretty laid back and only communicated with her via email but I did know that I had the option to call/text her if needed. I trusted her judgement in the vendors she recommended (hair & makeup, flowers, DJ, etc.) and none of them disappointed. Our wedding day was so perfect and everything went according to plan. Janelle and her husband were on site the entire time to make sure everything went according to plan. I cant rave enough about Janelle, and her team - Stuart & Aaron. They were so wonderful to us and really enjoyable to be around as people. I would 100% do this again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much to Island Bliss Weddings and to all the vendors that made our day so special!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie C. · Married on 06/22/2019

Beyond exceptional!

Janelle with Island Bliss Weddings is amazing to work with. We got married on 6.22.19 on Trunk Bay. She was very quick to respond and when she didn't respond right away, she had sent an email or a post online advising us (her brides that she was working with at the time) why she could not respond right away and when she'd be getting back to us. If it was an emergency, she always had her phone on and would try to respond ASAP.
    I can't describe how much help she was. She made my DREAM WEDDING a reality. When asked, the only answer I can give is that my wedding was "beyond my dreams" and "more than I could have EVER imagined."
    She listened to my needs/wants/ideas and put together a day and evening I will NEVER FORGET! Whenever I had a change, it was no problem. When I didn't know an answer (because I couldn't picture it or some other reason), I put it in her hands, and she DID NOT DISAPPOINT! She helped with vendors (photographers, videographers, floral, music, restaurants). She gave us information on all and let us decide on them.
    Scott, our Officiate, was awesome as well. He loves what he does and is so natural and happy while doing it. I received so many compliments on the service with Scott and how genuine he was (especially with meeting us just earlier that day!).
    I had NO STRESS with my wedding. Everything came together absolutely PERFECT and beyond. Janelle and Scott will get it done, they'll make it work, they'll put it all together.
    I cry every now and then because when I think back on my day and look back at our pictures, it was BEYOND PERFECT and I could not have dreamed of anything more.
    THANK YOU Janelle and Scott for going ABOVE and BEYOND for us!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly G. · Married on 06/15/2019

2.8
      3.0

Disappointed even though it still turned out great

Corresponded with Janelle who I thought was going to be there on the wedding day. She didn’t tell me until the day before the wedding that Stuart was the one that was going to be there. He did good with installing the lighting and arranging the chairs. But kept pulling me aside to ask me about how I wanted things. I sent numerous emails with Janelle about what I expected and clearly Stuart wasn’t completely informed about the vision. He even admitted that he didn’t read the emails stating the vision. I was also expecting him to let us know about timing and what’s to come next and I kept having to go and look for him to tell him that we were ready to move on the next thing. Everything still looked amazing but to decrease stress we expected the planners to be informed. He dropped off dirty plates and my caterer had to wash them all which was stressful and I also wasn’t informed that we had to fold our own napkins. He also ate a lot of the wedding food which was disappointing as well.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/02/2019

Wonderful!

I’m currently planning my wedding with Janelle right now. My fiancée and I are getting married May 2, 2019 and Janelle has been nothing but great! She makes it so easy and stress free to plan a destination wedding. I cannot wait to see everything come together for our special day!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Alyssa · Married on 04/19/2019

Wedding Planner

Words cannot describe how grateful we were to have Island Bliss weddings throughout our planning process and on the day of our wedding! Janelle was extremely professional, honest (which I so appreciated), responsive, and caring. She truly heard what we wanted and executed it flawlessly! She gave us the freedom to pick and choose vendors as we pleased but also took the reins and made decisions when we needed/wanted her to.

We were lucky enough to have Stuart and Casey as our rehearsal and wedding day team! Being from Massachusetts we knew we would love Stu but little did we know, he would become a part of our wedding day in such a way that the whole party fell in love with him. He had a way of keeping us all, including myself the bride, calm and enjoying every moment. Stu and Casey together took the countless conversations Janelle and I had had and turned them into reality. We had the most beautiful set up with every detail accounted for.

We can’t thank Janelle and Stuart enough. You made our wedding dreams come true and with such professionalism and thoughtfulness. You surpassed our expectations and created a day for us that we and our family and friends will never forget. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Vicki

Vicki D. · Married on 04/16/2019

Beautiful and stress free

We got married and last week and it was perfect. The whole process was smooth and easy. If any questions came up Janelle was prompt in responding. Stuart did amazing at performing and personalizing our ceremony, Aaron was our coordinator for the day and made everything run smooth. The photographer was friendly (can't wait to see the pictures) The cake was beyond what I imagined and amazing taste! The options are endless with Island Bliss.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Traci C. · Married on 04/10/2019

We're eloping!

We are less than 7 weeks away from getting married and are literally stress free! Island Bliss Weddings gave us so many options to choose from for our elopement. We can't wait!

Sarah · Married on 03/09/2019

Stress-free and Perfect Destination Wedding!

Island Bliss was amazing to work with and made our day the BEST! From my initial emails filled with endless questions that Janelle answered quickly and with ease to our welcoming airport pickup, quick courthouse visit and thorough tour from Stuart, I was blown away by their professionalism and genuine care for their couples. Our budget was tight and our vision changed back and forth a few times, but Janelle was always so helpful with her ideas and extensive expertise. I thought planning a destination wedding in St. Thomas from Northern VA would be challenging and stressful, but it was exciting and fun using IBW! Aaron was our day-of coordinator and he made sure our wedding day went off without a hitch on Sapphire Beach. I HIGHLY suggest using IBW to plan the destination wedding of your dreams. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Anne

Anne S. · Married on 02/24/2019

Destination Wedding Made Easy

I used Janelle and Island Bliss last March 2018 to plan my wedding on St. Thomas. I was coming in on a cruise ship with family and friends and Janelle helped me plan a wonderful ceremony and short reception at
    Sapphire Beach. We had some bad weather on our cruise which ended up completely changing our itinerary. So much so that we weren't even scheduled to be in St.Thomas the day we had our wedding planned! No worries! Janelle was able to rebook everything for the following day and no one would even had known the difference.My husband and I were married on Pretty Klip Point and everything ended up being perfect!

Aaron was a wonderful officiant! Our ceremony was just the right balance of serious vs fun and light hearted. I couldn't have asked for anything more out of this day! It was exactly what I dreamed it would be! And working through Island Bliss made it so easy! I would recommend Janelle and Island Bliss to anyone looking for a beautiful destination wedding!

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/06/2019

Everything I could have imagined!

Janelle was awesome!! I was a little nervous booking my wedding far away and not being able to see everything. But Janelle answered all my questions and everything turned out exactly as I had imagined!! I highly recommend her. I had the wedding of my dreams.

Kayla G. · Married on 12/18/2018

Island bliss is great! So glad we choose them.

My husband and I got married in St Thomas December 2018. Using Island Bliss Weddings was stress free, affordable, and saved a lot of time and energy. Everything I wanted Janelle was right on it. Being apart of many other weddings, Island Bliss was a breeze. I never thought planning a wedding could be so easy. Best of all they always produce beautiful and memorable weddings!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Carla S. · Married on 12/14/2018

Such an amazing experience thanks to Janelle and her team!

Once we decided on a destination beach wedding, we wanted things done quickly - less than 4 months!!! We found Janelle and her team online and from the first time we talked, I knew she was going to make it amazing. I had to trust her since I knew nothing about St Thomas and she assured me everything would be great. She showed us pics of various place and provided contact information for vendors in the area. She tailored our wedding to exactly what we wanted and was so flexible considering the change in the number of people attending!

Sent on 01/20/2019