Island Bliss Weddings Reviews

Island Bliss Weddings 6
Island Bliss Weddings 7

Marissa · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Stress-free & budget-friendly!!

My fiance and I are currently working with Janelle to plan our December 2019 wedding on St. John. She has been very responsive, attentive and friendly to work with throughout the planning process so far. She is happy to offer up suggestions but also listens to what we want and does not push any particular vendors on us - rather just helps us navigate the process of finding exactly what we are looking for to make our wedding day perfect. She provides thorough information for everything you need to know about planning a destination wedding, not to mention her inventory of wedding arches, chairs, decor, etc. is awesome - which makes planning the wedding decor so much simpler!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/02/2019

Wonderful!

I’m currently planning my wedding with Janelle right now. My fiancée and I are getting married May 2, 2019 and Janelle has been nothing but great! She makes it so easy and stress free to plan a destination wedding. I cannot wait to see everything come together for our special day!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Alyssa · Married on 04/19/2019

Wedding Planner

Words cannot describe how grateful we were to have Island Bliss weddings throughout our planning process and on the day of our wedding! Janelle was extremely professional, honest (which I so appreciated), responsive, and caring. She truly heard what we wanted and executed it flawlessly! She gave us the freedom to pick and choose vendors as we pleased but also took the reins and made decisions when we needed/wanted her to.

We were lucky enough to have Stuart and Casey as our rehearsal and wedding day team! Being from Massachusetts we knew we would love Stu but little did we know, he would become a part of our wedding day in such a way that the whole party fell in love with him. He had a way of keeping us all, including myself the bride, calm and enjoying every moment. Stu and Casey together took the countless conversations Janelle and I had had and turned them into reality. We had the most beautiful set up with every detail accounted for.

We can’t thank Janelle and Stuart enough. You made our wedding dreams come true and with such professionalism and thoughtfulness. You surpassed our expectations and created a day for us that we and our family and friends will never forget. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Vicki

Vicki Dotson · Married on 04/16/2019

Beautiful and stress free

We got married and last week and it was perfect. The whole process was smooth and easy. If any questions came up Janelle was prompt in responding. Stuart did amazing at performing and personalizing our ceremony, Aaron was our coordinator for the day and made everything run smooth. The photographer was friendly (can't wait to see the pictures) The cake was beyond what I imagined and amazing taste! The options are endless with Island Bliss.

Sent on 04/28/2019
    Island Bliss Weddings 8
    Island Bliss Weddings 9

Traci Claycomb · Married on 04/10/2019

We're eloping!

We are less than 7 weeks away from getting married and are literally stress free! Island Bliss Weddings gave us so many options to choose from for our elopement. We can't wait!

Sarah · Married on 03/09/2019

Stress-free and Perfect Destination Wedding!

Island Bliss was amazing to work with and made our day the BEST! From my initial emails filled with endless questions that Janelle answered quickly and with ease to our welcoming airport pickup, quick courthouse visit and thorough tour from Stuart, I was blown away by their professionalism and genuine care for their couples. Our budget was tight and our vision changed back and forth a few times, but Janelle was always so helpful with her ideas and extensive expertise. I thought planning a destination wedding in St. Thomas from Northern VA would be challenging and stressful, but it was exciting and fun using IBW! Aaron was our day-of coordinator and he made sure our wedding day went off without a hitch on Sapphire Beach. I HIGHLY suggest using IBW to plan the destination wedding of your dreams. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Anne

Anne Smith · Married on 02/24/2019

Destination Wedding Made Easy

I used Janelle and Island Bliss last March 2018 to plan my wedding on St. Thomas. I was coming in on a cruise ship with family and friends and Janelle helped me plan a wonderful ceremony and short reception at
    Sapphire Beach. We had some bad weather on our cruise which ended up completely changing our itinerary. So much so that we weren't even scheduled to be in St.Thomas the day we had our wedding planned! No worries! Janelle was able to rebook everything for the following day and no one would even had known the difference.My husband and I were married on Pretty Klip Point and everything ended up being perfect!

Aaron was a wonderful officiant! Our ceremony was just the right balance of serious vs fun and light hearted. I couldn't have asked for anything more out of this day! It was exactly what I dreamed it would be! And working through Island Bliss made it so easy! I would recommend Janelle and Island Bliss to anyone looking for a beautiful destination wedding!

Elizabeth · Married on 02/20/2019

Perfect Island Wedding

Working with Island Bliss Weddings when planning my destination wedding was perfect! It’s so difficult to make decisions when you can’t be there in person to look at/try things out and they were so amazing at giving thoughtful suggestions tailored to what I was looking for and not just a generic set of vendors. They answered my (what felt like) million emails without complaint and when my ship had to dock an hour late they literally rearranged everything including my officiant to make sure I still got married. Their commitment went above and beyond and I would recommend them to EVERY SINGLE BRIDE looking to get married on the island.

Island Bliss Weddings 10
    Island Bliss Weddings 11
    Island Bliss Weddings 12
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/06/2019

Everything I could have imagined!

Janelle was awesome!! I was a little nervous booking my wedding far away and not being able to see everything. But Janelle answered all my questions and everything turned out exactly as I had imagined!! I highly recommend her. I had the wedding of my dreams.

Island Bliss Weddings 13

Kayla Gainer · Married on 12/18/2018

Island bliss is great! So glad we choose them.

My husband and I got married in St Thomas December 2018. Using Island Bliss Weddings was stress free, affordable, and saved a lot of time and energy. Everything I wanted Janelle was right on it. Being apart of many other weddings, Island Bliss was a breeze. I never thought planning a wedding could be so easy. Best of all they always produce beautiful and memorable weddings!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Carla Seaborn · Married on 12/14/2018

Such an amazing experience thanks to Janelle and her team!

Once we decided on a destination beach wedding, we wanted things done quickly - less than 4 months!!! We found Janelle and her team online and from the first time we talked, I knew she was going to make it amazing. I had to trust her since I knew nothing about St Thomas and she assured me everything would be great. She showed us pics of various place and provided contact information for vendors in the area. She tailored our wedding to exactly what we wanted and was so flexible considering the change in the number of people attending!

Sent on 01/20/2019
    Island Bliss Weddings 14
    Island Bliss Weddings 15
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Birdsong · Married on 11/14/2018

The greatest day ever!

We just had our wedding in the middle of November and still can't stop talking about what an amazing job they did. During the planning process Janelle dealt with my dozens of questions with grace. She did great in really giving me confidence that everything would be taken care of and be what we wanted. We planned with her for 10 months, and it became the easiest process every.
    On the wedding day we were assisted with Aaron and another woman who I can't recall her name. THEY WERE ROCKSTARS! My husband and I really didn't want to see each other until the ceremony, so they were flexible with us and let me stay in their car until everything was ready. Everything was drop dead gorgeous and Aaron made sure her knew everything I wanted to happen so her could see it through. They were so hardworking and sweet.
    The entire day was perfect! All the vendors that were arranged were perfect, gracious, and really made the day special. I can't speak highly enough on Aaron. He made the day go so smoothly we didn't even have to think!
    We would recommend Island Bliss to the world!! You guys are outstanding, and we're so glad we decided to go destination with them!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Island Bliss Weddings 16
    Island Bliss Weddings 17

Kathryn · Married on 09/20/2018

Just booked with Island Bliss and so far our experience had been amazing! They have answered all my questions before I even booked and made me feel really confidence about booking with them. I'm so excited to start my planning process with them.
    I will leave an updated review once the big day happens!

Sent on 02/09/2018
  • Dawn

Dawn Marie Irons · Married on 06/12/2018

Super easy to work with!

Janelle was great-super responsive and flexible. We had some last minute changes and she handled them with ease. Even tho we had a small ceremony I never felt like my wedding wasn’t important or special compared to her others. She made sure everything was taken care of. We had the best wedding-it was exactly what we wanted and highly recommend Island Bliss!

Island Bliss Weddings 18
    Island Bliss Weddings 19
    Island Bliss Weddings 20
    Island Bliss Weddings 21
    Island Bliss Weddings 22
    Island Bliss Weddings 23
    Island Bliss Weddings 24

Georgiana · Married on 06/04/2018

Janelle and the team at Island Bliss Weddings are all so wonderful! From the beginning, we had so many questions and Janelle was very responsive and helpful with everything. We had to reschedule our wedding from September 2017 and we were able to transfer all of the plans to our new date in June 2018 with ease. Janelle listened to our concerns, understood what we were looking for, and our dream was made a reality. We chose to bring many of our own decorations to the island and were very nervous about how everything would turn out since all we could do from a distance was imagine what things were going to look like. Janelle had a perfect outline, and constantly updated it after every communication. She ensured all the details we provided were included and understood, and she asked questions to clarify. The day of our wedding was incredible, and we could not believe how amazingly all the decorations for the ceremony and reception were set up. Aaron and Erica were the sweetest and so helpful on the wedding day. They worked very hard to ensure all the details were taken care of, especially officiating our beautiful ceremony. Our dream wedding absolutely came true, and we could not be more thankful and blessed for the amazing team we had working to make everything perfect!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Melissa · Married on 04/30/2018

I chose Island Bliss after the hurricanes hit the island. I originally planned the whole wedding on my own and after the hurricanes hit I was having trouble getting a hold of some vendors. Janelle picked right up where I left off and made sure everything got done and set for my big day. She was very responsive to my emails and requests. I also like how the brides had a facebook group so we could share ideas with eachother. I had Aaron Janelles assistant on my actual wedding day. HE WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! He made sure the day went so smoothly and was so sweet to me! Having him there to coordinate everything the day of was well worth the money! I don't know what I would have done without him. Island Bliss is great too because they have things you can rent like décor etc so you do not have to worry about shipping things to island. So much easier just to rent for the day. If I could plan my wedding all over again I definiltey would have hired Island Bliss first thing. would have made planning a lot let stressful. thanks for being there and being so great for my special day!

Melissa Steffen

Island Bliss Weddings 32
    Island Bliss Weddings 33
    Island Bliss Weddings 34

Crystal · Married on 03/13/2018

We had an absolutely amazing wedding book with Island Bliss. We booked two years ago and throughout the planning process St Thomas was hit with two hurricanes. We thought we weren't going to be able to have our dream wedding but St Thomas is a resilient island. Working with Janelle was an absolute pleasure. A few months prior to the wedding our cruise line changed itineraries and Janelle was able to accommodate our new time and dates. All of the vendors hired through Island bliss were wonderful. We highly recommend Janelle and all of her staff. Our officiant Aaron was perfect, he said all the right words and had our guests filled with tears of joy. Island bliss made our dreams come true they went above and beyond to make our day special and we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 04/11/2018
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 02/23/2018

Island Bliss Weddings and Janelle made planning a destination wedding easy! Everything was perfect on our wedding day and it was stress-free knowing we had a great on-site coordinator.

We had never been to St. Thomas prior to our wedding week and Janelle kept us at ease during the entire planning process and pulled off a ceremony and reception that exceeded our expectations. IBW also assisted with planning our welcome reception and post-wedding brunch which were flawlessly executed.

We highly recommend Island Bliss Weddings. Thanks to Janelle, Aaron and the rest of the team for a perfect wedding in St. Thomas!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Russell · Married on 02/22/2018

As the parents of the groom, i must comment on a beautiful and well organized wedding and reception. Everything including the photography was first class!
    I also must share with readers that during the wedding ceremony, my 2 year old grandson, who was a little sick when we departed the states, took a turn for the worst. Our planner stepped in to help us get the best medical support on St. Thomas and even transported my Grandson and her parents to the clinic! Things turned out o.k., but if not for Janelle, we would have been at a serious disadvantage in a critical situation. Outstanding, above and beyond! Great Wedding, too!

Sent on 03/03/2018
  • Niccy

Niccy Mathews · Married on 02/07/2018

Wonderful!

Working with Janelle and Island Bliss weddings was a breeze! She was always prompt and helpful when planning a wedding from such a distance. I felt so comfortable that my day would be perfect and it was. I would do the day over and over again, it was beautiful. I can’t recommend Island Bliss Weddings enough to make the day easy and wonderful!

Island Bliss Weddings 35
    Island Bliss Weddings 36
    Island Bliss Weddings 37
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 01/13/2018

Wonderfully Amazing!

Janelle & Stu were awesome to work with. Even with the hurricane that hit 4 months before our wedding, they were patient with us and helped us sit our beautiful wedding @ Lindquist Beach. Our day was more than perfect. I didn’t get to meet Janelle in person but met Stu & Aaron. If I could do this planning all over again I would! Thank you for making our special day magical !

Island Bliss Weddings 38
    Island Bliss Weddings 45
    Island Bliss Weddings 46
    Island Bliss Weddings 47

Diane · Married on 11/18/2017

They responded to my emails so quickly and answered every little question I had for my big day! They were really personable and the ceremony was so beautiful everyone was tearing up! Great Job!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2017

Dream came true

I was engaged for a year and couldn’t figure out what kind of wedding I wanted. After looking online I had a crazy idea to elope to St. Thomas and get married, oh and I wanted to do it in less than two months. I thought for sure Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings was going to say I was crazy and then I was going to be crushed. Well guess what? She made everything happen in less than two months and I truly had a fairy tale elopement. From the flowers, to the arch, to Stuart holding the ceremony and BlueGlass with our photos I honestly could be any more happier. I thought it was going to be so complicated trying to figure everything out and organize everything since I live in Delaware and Janelle took care of everything for me! It was such a breeze, for me at least hahha Everyone back home was super jealous of our amazing photos and how we managed to pull this off so fast and flawless. I wish I could rate them a 10 because they truly deserve it! Thank you for everything Janelle, Scott and BlueGlass!!!! Made this girls dreams come true!

Sent on 03/30/2019
    Island Bliss Weddings 52
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/18/2017

Recommend for Cruise Weddings

For a destination/cruise wedding, I’d recommend Island Bliss Weddings. Unfortunately, I was paired with an assistant that left the company a few months before my wedding, so it wasn’t a perfect day. There was an error in transferring the information from the assistant to Janelle, so I ended up with the wrong cake flavor (she refunded the cake setup fee to apologize for the error). Thankfully, overall the day of was wonderful! The day of coordinator was very professional. Based on the Island Bliss photography recommendations, I went with Mermaid Rebecca Ruth photography & she was amazing! The beach venue, Limetree, was perfect. Stewart was a great officiant. If you’re planning a cruise wedding, don’t book through the cruise line, I recommend using Island Bliss Weddings instead.

Island Bliss Weddings 53