Island Bliss Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Megan
    Megan A. Married on 03/15/2022

Island Bliss Weddings

Highly recommend this wedding vendor. If you are looking for someone that cares about your experience and has extreme talent, Island Bliss Weddings won't disappoint you. There are several packages to pick from and even the option to build your own, which was what I did. We got married in St. Thomas and Janelle coordinated the entire venue. My wedding was more stunning than I could ever have imagined.
  • Steven
    Steven R. Married on 12/07/2021

Great Planner

Janelle is likely the most experienced wedding planner in the USVI. Shes been planning weddings I believe since 2005, and her experience is a major asset when doing a destination wedding. She is very prompt with her email communications, and has numerous vendor options ready to go. She did all the heavy lifting as far as flowers and decorations, and clearly has a talented eye for design. There were some minor miscommunications the day of that weren't necessarily her fault, but she took great strides to rectify the situation and ensure that our day was perfect.
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 11/05/2021

Best Coordinator I Could Have Asked For

Thanks to Island Bliss Weddings and Janelle, I had the wedding of my dreams. It was the most perfect day and they really cared about all the details that were important to me. The whole process working with IBWs/Janelle was very organized and that made me feel comfortable. She also made me feel comfortable telling her what I want even if it was something that could be seen as “high-maintenance”. She wanted to know so it could be exactly how I imagined it. Everything was so wonderful I am so grateful for Janelle.
  • Mary
    Mary H. Married on 10/23/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Janelle did such an amazing job putting together our big day. Everything was perfect!!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea P. Married on 05/10/2021

Amazing experience!

WOW! I don't have enough positive things to say about Janelle and her team at Island Bliss Weddings. They exceeded ALL off my expectations and really, truly made our wedding an experience we will never forget. I was really worried about being 2,000 miles away and not knowing how everything was going to turn out but it was soooo much better than I could have imagined. Janelle was great with giving me different ideas/opinions on things. She was great about giving me different options so I stayed within budget. Her and her team are so incredibly knowledgeable.. YOU ARE IN GREAT HANDS WITH ISLAND BLISS WEDDINGS!! Do not hesitate when booking them for your special day. You will not regret it! :)
  • Sarah
    Sarah E. Married on 11/03/2020

Easy, helpful, affordable, quality.

Never would have thought planning a wedding would be as easy as Janelle made it. She knows what she is doing and she is very good at it. Can’t beat the quality and price!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 10/23/2020

Perfect Island Wedding

Working with Island Bliss Weddings when planning my destination wedding was perfect! It’s so difficult to make decisions when you can’t be there in person to look at/try things out and they were so amazing at giving thoughtful suggestions tailored to what I was looking for and not just a generic set of vendors. They answered my (what felt like) million emails without complaint and when my ship had to dock an hour late they literally rearranged everything including my officiant to make sure I still got married. Their commitment went above and beyond and I would recommend them to EVERY SINGLE BRIDE looking to get married on the island.

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth - you were such a dream to work with and I'm in love with your photos! We hope to see you back in the islands!
  • Cayelea
    Cayelea R. Married on 10/10/2020

Flexible and Understanding

We were one of the many 10/10/20 couples. Janelle was very understanding and flexible when it came to my emotional breakdowns, nearly cancelling. I am so happy we stuck it out with Island Bliss and our original wedding date, because it was perfect!!! I highly recommend their services.

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

I'm so glad you stuck it out too! It hasn't been easy for Covid brides, with so much stress, but wow, the wedding photos say it all, it was a gorgeous day and so worth it!
    Jaleesa A. Married on 10/10/2020

Best for Destination Wedding

We planned a vacation to St.Thomas Virgin Islands and decided to elope while we were there due to COVID. I found Island Bliss Wedding via google, and I am so happy and pleased I reached out. We literally emailed her about 3 weeks prior to the ceremony and Janelle made everything come together so beautifully and smooth from flowers, location, photographer, and decor.
    She lays out everything she provides and expectations with communication. She was so quick to respond via email with all of my questions and requests. She will make your dream come to life, just ask tell her what you want.
    I also loved that she gives suggestions for dinner, hair stylists, photographers,etc on the island. With someone not from St.Thomas, she made it easy for us to find local go to spots. My favorite part was that everything was stress-free for my husband and I to plan and on our actual wedding day. I would recommend Island Bliss Weddings to all my family and friends wanting a destination wedding.
    Shantel M. Married on 08/06/2020

Perfect wedding

There is no way I can put into words how great Janelle & her team is. When we started planning our wedding I had emailed/called about 4 wedding planners in St. Thomas and as soon as I had read her email and called her I knew I was going to love her. I still can’t get over how perfect everything was the day of the wedding. I had so many last minute changes and you wouldn’t even know it. Aaron and Stewart did a freakin amazing job and all I can say is the communication skills for this team are top notch. I couldn’t be happier with the team I had the privilege of meeting.
    Kathy A. Married on 12/23/2019

An absolute pleasure to work with

The experience with Jennelle and her crew could not have been any more delightful. Island bliss weddings made the experience easy to plan the wedding we wanted, communication as simple, professional and prompt, After we arrived on the island everything was exactly on point, Arron thank you for your help and information about the island as you drove us to the locations we needed to get to, your ceremonial words could not have been better. We really did have exactly the wedding we envisioned.
    Kathy and Doug( Dec 23, 2019 - trunk bay)

Island Bliss Weddings's reply:

A gorgeous almost Christmas Eve wedding! Congrats to you both and thank you so much for choosing Island Bliss Weddings.
  • Frances
    Frances M. Married on 12/16/2019

Incredible

We are very satisfied with the service
    Marissa Married on 11/09/2019

Stress-free & budget-friendly!!

My fiance and I are currently working with Janelle to plan our December 2019 wedding on St. John. She has been very responsive, attentive and friendly to work with throughout the planning process so far. She is happy to offer up suggestions but also listens to what we want and does not push any particular vendors on us - rather just helps us navigate the process of finding exactly what we are looking for to make our wedding day perfect. She provides thorough information for everything you need to know about planning a destination wedding, not to mention her inventory of wedding arches, chairs, decor, etc. is awesome - which makes planning the wedding decor so much simpler!
  • Rachel
    Rachel T. Married on 10/10/2019

100% Would Do Again

I found Island Bliss Weddings in 2018 by doing a simple google search of "St. Thomas Weddings" and after reading their reviews, I decided to go for it. Janelle was so easy to work with and always had answers to my questions even if she was over 2,000 miles away. I was pretty laid back and only communicated with her via email but I did know that I had the option to call/text her if needed. I trusted her judgement in the vendors she recommended (hair & makeup, flowers, DJ, etc.) and none of them disappointed. Our wedding day was so perfect and everything went according to plan. Janelle and her husband were on site the entire time to make sure everything went according to plan. I cant rave enough about Janelle, and her team - Stuart & Aaron. They were so wonderful to us and really enjoyable to be around as people. I would 100% do this again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much to Island Bliss Weddings and to all the vendors that made our day so special!
  • Jamie
    Jamie C. Married on 06/22/2019

Beyond exceptional!

Janelle with Island Bliss Weddings is amazing to work with. We got married on 6.22.19 on Trunk Bay. She was very quick to respond and when she didn't respond right away, she had sent an email or a post online advising us (her brides that she was working with at the time) why she could not respond right away and when she'd be getting back to us. If it was an emergency, she always had her phone on and would try to respond ASAP.
    I can't describe how much help she was. She made my DREAM WEDDING a reality. When asked, the only answer I can give is that my wedding was "beyond my dreams" and "more than I could have EVER imagined."
    She listened to my needs/wants/ideas and put together a day and evening I will NEVER FORGET! Whenever I had a change, it was no problem. When I didn't know an answer (because I couldn't picture it or some other reason), I put it in her hands, and she DID NOT DISAPPOINT! She helped with vendors (photographers, videographers, floral, music, restaurants). She gave us information on all and let us decide on them.
    Scott, our Officiate, was awesome as well. He loves what he does and is so natural and happy while doing it. I received so many compliments on the service with Scott and how genuine he was (especially with meeting us just earlier that day!).
    I had NO STRESS with my wedding. Everything came together absolutely PERFECT and beyond. Janelle and Scott will get it done, they'll make it work, they'll put it all together.
    I cry every now and then because when I think back on my day and look back at our pictures, it was BEYOND PERFECT and I could not have dreamed of anything more.
    THANK YOU Janelle and Scott for going ABOVE and BEYOND for us!
    Stephanie Married on 05/02/2019

Wonderful!

I’m currently planning my wedding with Janelle right now. My fiancée and I are getting married May 2, 2019 and Janelle has been nothing but great! She makes it so easy and stress free to plan a destination wedding. I cannot wait to see everything come together for our special day!
    Alyssa Married on 04/19/2019

Wedding Planner

Words cannot describe how grateful we were to have Island Bliss weddings throughout our planning process and on the day of our wedding! Janelle was extremely professional, honest (which I so appreciated), responsive, and caring. She truly heard what we wanted and executed it flawlessly! She gave us the freedom to pick and choose vendors as we pleased but also took the reins and made decisions when we needed/wanted her to.

We were lucky enough to have Stuart and Casey as our rehearsal and wedding day team! Being from Massachusetts we knew we would love Stu but little did we know, he would become a part of our wedding day in such a way that the whole party fell in love with him. He had a way of keeping us all, including myself the bride, calm and enjoying every moment. Stu and Casey together took the countless conversations Janelle and I had had and turned them into reality. We had the most beautiful set up with every detail accounted for.

We can’t thank Janelle and Stuart enough. You made our wedding dreams come true and with such professionalism and thoughtfulness. You surpassed our expectations and created a day for us that we and our family and friends will never forget. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
  • Vicki
    Vicki D. Married on 04/16/2019

Beautiful and stress free

We got married and last week and it was perfect. The whole process was smooth and easy. If any questions came up Janelle was prompt in responding. Stuart did amazing at performing and personalizing our ceremony, Aaron was our coordinator for the day and made everything run smooth. The photographer was friendly (can't wait to see the pictures) The cake was beyond what I imagined and amazing taste! The options are endless with Island Bliss.
    Traci C. Married on 04/10/2019

We're eloping!

We are less than 7 weeks away from getting married and are literally stress free! Island Bliss Weddings gave us so many options to choose from for our elopement. We can't wait!
    Sarah Married on 03/09/2019

Stress-free and Perfect Destination Wedding!

Island Bliss was amazing to work with and made our day the BEST! From my initial emails filled with endless questions that Janelle answered quickly and with ease to our welcoming airport pickup, quick courthouse visit and thorough tour from Stuart, I was blown away by their professionalism and genuine care for their couples. Our budget was tight and our vision changed back and forth a few times, but Janelle was always so helpful with her ideas and extensive expertise. I thought planning a destination wedding in St. Thomas from Northern VA would be challenging and stressful, but it was exciting and fun using IBW! Aaron was our day-of coordinator and he made sure our wedding day went off without a hitch on Sapphire Beach. I HIGHLY suggest using IBW to plan the destination wedding of your dreams. You will not be disappointed!!
  • Anne
    Anne S. Married on 02/24/2019

Destination Wedding Made Easy

I used Janelle and Island Bliss last March 2018 to plan my wedding on St. Thomas. I was coming in on a cruise ship with family and friends and Janelle helped me plan a wonderful ceremony and short reception at
    Sapphire Beach. We had some bad weather on our cruise which ended up completely changing our itinerary. So much so that we weren't even scheduled to be in St.Thomas the day we had our wedding planned! No worries! Janelle was able to rebook everything for the following day and no one would even had known the difference.My husband and I were married on Pretty Klip Point and everything ended up being perfect!

Aaron was a wonderful officiant! Our ceremony was just the right balance of serious vs fun and light hearted. I couldn't have asked for anything more out of this day! It was exactly what I dreamed it would be! And working through Island Bliss made it so easy! I would recommend Janelle and Island Bliss to anyone looking for a beautiful destination wedding!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 02/06/2019

Everything I could have imagined!

Janelle was awesome!! I was a little nervous booking my wedding far away and not being able to see everything. But Janelle answered all my questions and everything turned out exactly as I had imagined!! I highly recommend her. I had the wedding of my dreams.
    Kayla G. Married on 12/18/2018

Island bliss is great! So glad we choose them.

My husband and I got married in St Thomas December 2018. Using Island Bliss Weddings was stress free, affordable, and saved a lot of time and energy. Everything I wanted Janelle was right on it. Being apart of many other weddings, Island Bliss was a breeze. I never thought planning a wedding could be so easy. Best of all they always produce beautiful and memorable weddings!
    Carla S. Married on 12/14/2018

Such an amazing experience thanks to Janelle and her team!

Once we decided on a destination beach wedding, we wanted things done quickly - less than 4 months!!! We found Janelle and her team online and from the first time we talked, I knew she was going to make it amazing. I had to trust her since I knew nothing about St Thomas and she assured me everything would be great. She showed us pics of various place and provided contact information for vendors in the area. She tailored our wedding to exactly what we wanted and was so flexible considering the change in the number of people attending!