Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Jennifer R. Getting married on 12/10/2021

An absolute fairytale wedding - it was PERFECT

I would recommend Isla Del Sol for ANY EVENT, especially a wedding. It's beautiful, it's beachy, it's classy, it's elegant and it's fun. MELISSA IS THE BEST

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Jennifer, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful review! The pleasure was all ours and thank you for allowing us to host your BIG day! Best wishes for the most wonderful life together and know you will always be a part of the Isla Weddings Family!
    Courtney C. Married on 05/15/2021

Best vendor i hired, hands down!

This is the review I dreaded writing the most - because I don’t know if I could ever thoughtfully put into words just how much I appreciate Melissa Rowjohn and the team at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club! What drew me to Isla Del Sol was the reviews that raved about how amazing the food was and how amazing their day-of-coordinator, Melissa was. I was intrigued and booked a tour. I had two tours scheduled on this particular Saturday and two the following Saturday. I did the two tours on the first Saturday and cancelled the following week’s tours. I just knew Isla was the place. First off, Melissa. The second we arrived, she just made us feel at home. She was so unbelievably kind, welcoming, understanding, willing to work with us and answer any questions we had. I immediately knew why she had so many positive reviews. She is an unbelievable coordinator. She is technically a day-of-coordinator, but she goes so above and beyond to help you during the process and to give you vendor recommendations. I can’t even begin to explain to you the amount of essay-like emails I sent her with never-ending questions, but her kindness (and quick responses might I add) never wavered. Since I didn’t have a coordinator and I was serving as my own, her support helped so much and she did a phenomenal job making sure everything ran smoothly and to my liking on the day of the wedding. Above all else, the number one reason I booked Isla was to ensure that my day-of coordinator would be Melissa, because I trusted her and knew she would do anything in her power to make my day as perfect as possible. And she truly listened to me, took notes, etc.

A couple of my other favorite things about Isla -
    1. The staff. I’m so bad at names, so I can’t remember his name, but the waiter we had (for bride and groom) was so kind and always asked us if we needed anything. I only heard positive things from my guests about the service. It was definitely worth the price. Plus Melissa.. but you already know how much I love her by now. Haha
    2. They lock in your date for 10 days after your tour - Okay, so this was during Covid, so things could have changed, but hopefully they didn’t because this was one of the main reasons I booked this venue. I am so used to the pushy sales tactics. “Oh, this is a very popular date, this will go very fast if you don’t make a decision.” Or “I already have three couples interested in this date” (which may or may not be true). When I toured, I pretty much knew I loved this place and wanted to book, but I didn’t want to book the first place I looked without touring some other options (I was still torn between the country club vibe or the outdoorsy barn vibe). Melissa told me that it wasn’t a problem because Isla holds my date for 10 days so that I have time to tour other places and make a confident decision not based on the “fomo.” That alone made me want to book immediately. What an amazing and service-driven policy! I didn’t feel like I was walking around with a pushy car salesman. They really put their couples’ needs first. This might have changed since the wedding industry is booming right now, but still something I wanted to mention because it was the number 1 thing that made me want to book besides Melissa.
    3. THE FOOD - It’s worth the hype. It really is. This is not your typical wedding food. The steak was unbelievable and so was the chicken. We were able to customize to fit our desires and it exceeded our expectations. I still hear people talking about how good our food was.
    4. The simplicity of having your venue be your caterer too - DON’T just look over this. I see so many brides stressing over caterers in my wedding FB groups, but I just got to sit back and relax because everything at Isla came in the package. I still got to choose my decorative elements (like chair covers, chargers, centerpieces, etc.) but all of the main items you need for a wedding that you don’t even realize and that starts to add up (i.e. tables, chairs, flatware, glassware, plates, napkins, table cloths, etc.) came with the package price. I was able to pick my exact menu, exact appetizers, they had an open bar option, it all came with bread, salads, champagne, regular non-alcoholic drinks - You just don’t even realize how insane the planning can get until you do it and realize everything you need. Isla did most of the legwork for me, and Melissa even recommended a vendor for chair covers, speciality napkins, etc. and I picked what I wanted and Isla and that vendor handled the rest.
    5. All the beauty of a beach wedding without any of the hassle - Isla has a gorgeous gazebo, so you won’t need to worry about a backdrop or arch. (Plus it has electricity for DJ and mics and stuff) They put up the seats for you, and have water available for guests. And BIG plus - they have a boardwalk and path to walk for the aisle, so sand isn’t a big issue. The biggest plus? It’s a PRIVATE beach. The club members are respectful and make sure to stay away during the weddings. It’s quiet and there’s no photobombers hanging out in the background! The only negative is outdoor weddings can be affected by wind and bad weather (though luckily, I had neither) and the whole “make sure the groom doesn’t see you before you walk down the aisle can be tricky as well. (Though, I managed to do it using doors and some very sneaky hiding places they have there.. I also managed to wear a cathedral veil without it blowing away or causing issues - just ask Melissa about “Courtney” and I’m sure she’ll remember all the fun we had trying to plan this out to match my vision! Haha I was a determined bride!)
    6. The pictures!! Tell your photographer to ask Melissa for directions to the private bridge. It's extra time but you'll thank me later.

My only two suggestions are 1. Hire someone to do decorating if you need it. I had a lot of DIY things and Melissa was busy doing day-of coordination to do that too. I hired someone just for decorating and it worked out well! 2. Have Isla set aside some appetizers for your bridal party. My pictures took longer than what was expected and my bridal party told me that by the time they got upstairs, there were no appetizers left and they were starving. I recommend using one of the private rooms you have available for your use and have some appetizers set aside in there just for them so that they have a place to sit down for a minute and grab a bite to eat before dinner. Also a tip - Isla doesn't really have a "get ready" room. The room you get to use is a good size, but the lighting isn't the best and it's more like a small banquet room than photogenic "get ready" room. HOWEVER, the bathroom, connected to that room is great! Melissa told us that we could use it, but that members would still be allowed to use it as well. Only a few members came in that day, and they were all so welcoming, friendly, and told me congratulations. No issues at all! We grabbed a few chairs from the other room and sat in the corner of the bathroom, which has huge mirrors, amazing lighting, and a counter to hold all of our supplies. It was four bridesmaids and me (the bride) and well as my hairdresser and it was a perfect size to accommodate us all. It probably would be more difficult to fit everyone if you had a huge bridal party, but for my group, it was amazing. We played music and it felt like a fun spa day. Since this is a country club that also does weddings, they understandably don't have a specific "get ready" room with the typical mirrors and other things that "wedding only" venues have, but this worked for us, and the room for the guys had a TV that they hooked up a Switch to and they just played games all morning. lolol

TLDR: I’m sorry this is so long, but I wanted to include every detail I could because I am just so happy with the service I received here and want to help future brides as much as I can! Overall, I really couldn’t have asked for a better venue. They were so accommodating! I see so many venues having weird rules like “no candles, no sparklers, no this that and the other.” Isla let me use real candles, they let me use sparklers, they even let me have a horse-drawn carriage ride in their parking lot. They will go the extra mile to make your day as perfect as possible and I cannot thank Melissa and the entire Isla team for helping me bring my dream wedding to life!!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

WOW! Thank you so much, Courtney for the most AMAZING review! We are truly speechless with all of your detailed feedback and kind words. It was a pleasure to help you plan and execute your wedding at Isla Del Sol! Congratulations and only best wishes for the most wonderful future! Your Friends at Isla Weddings!
  • Audrey&Joseph
    Audrey&Joseph G. Married on 05/08/2021

Wonderful Experience with Isla

Melissa and Isla del Sol Yacht and Country Club were honestly the best vendor that we chose to work with throughout our wedding planning process, and we had many incredible vendors for our special day. That statement is a testament to how wonderful of an experience we had working with Melissa and the team at Isla. From the moment we toured Isla we knew it was the venue for us. Not only was it an incredible (and gorgeous) location, it has a private beach/ballroom overlooking the water, and only hosts one wedding per weekend, making your wedding the only event on site.
    However, what truly took this venue to the next level was the support and professionalism we experienced working with Melissa, Isla’s Director of Catering and Special Events. Throughout our 2-year journey of planning our wedding (unfortunately stretched due to COVID), she was incredible to work with. She continuously answered our many emails in a very timely manner and worked with us to ensure our day was perfect. She also advocated for us and assisted in moving our wedding out a year when COVID originally hit back in Spring of 2020. From the planning process, to the day of, everything was perfect. The staff was very professional, the food was amazing, the bartenders were great, and our post event bonfire was perfect. Our guests could not stop raving about the gorgeous venue, and how the sequence of events from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to reception, to ending the night with a bonfire and mini pizzas was perfect. We honestly could not say enough wonderful things about Isla and our experience planning a wedding with them. If you are debating where to hold your wedding, we guarantee you will not be disappointed choosing this location.

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much, Audrey & Joe for the AMAZING review! WOW we are speechless! Thank you so much for trusting us with your special day and we wish you both all the love and happiness in the world. We hope you stay in touch and you always have friends at Isla Weddings! A HUGE and long-awaited Congratulations!
  • Christopher
    Christopher M. Married on 03/13/2021

Best Beach Venue

We had our wedding here and everything was absolutely beautiful! There are so many good views and scenery here to use for photos. Melissa was the best venue coordinator we could have asked for and was so much help in our planning process. She was so flexible with our planning especially during COVID. The food and service were great. It's also a huge plus that you have the whole venue to yourself for your wedding night and it is closed to the public and members. We loved everything and highly recommend the venue!!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Christopher for the AMAZING review! We absolutely loved hosting your BIG day at Isla Del Sol! Wishing you and Patricia a wonderful future ahead. You always have a home with Isla Weddings!
  • Rylee
    Rylee M. Married on 10/17/2020

Amazing Venue!

Isla is the best venue to host a wedding and although we weren't able to do so (COVID) they were so incredibly accommodating. We loved working with Melissa, she truly is the best (just how all of her recommendation describe her). Her communication was excellent and you always have a response within hours after sending her an email. This venue is absolutely stunning and there's so many different options and ideas you can create. 100% recommend it and will have future parties/events here!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Rylee for the super sweet review. It was such a pleasure to work with you on all of your planning and I am so sorry that COVID made it that we couldn't celebrate with you. We can't wait to host a future party for you and congratulations! Wishing you a life time of love and happiness!
    Janet R. Married on 08/08/2020

Top-notch staff

Despite COVID-19, our daughter's wedding reception was perfect, in large part due to the wonderful staff at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club. From start to finish, the venue leaves nothing to be desired! We plan to return for future events--minus the face masks!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Janet for the wonderful review! We were honored to host your daughter's wedding at Isla Del Sol and thank you for trusting us during this uncertain time. Best wishes to the happy couple!
  • Michelle
    Michelle F. Married on 05/16/2020

Type-A Brides: Melissa has your back!

When seeking a venue in the Tampa/St. Pete area, I toured and interviewed over 30+ venues and Event Coordinators. Not only is Isla a gorgeous venue, you get the added bonus of working with the incredible Melissa! She is an efficient communicator, an organized event planner, and an overall fabulous person. Sadly I was a COVID bride but Melissa put all my nerves and anxieties at ease. Even my mom is in love with her! It's so important to pick a venue that meets your needs and also has a staff you trust; I 100% trust Melissa. She has YOUR best interests in need, not the best interests of the venue which is a unique and incredible quality. You will not be disappointed (or stressed) by selecting Isla as your venue! If I could do it all over again (which I am thanks to COVID) I would always choose Isla and Melissa!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Michelle, we can't thank you enough for writing such a heartfelt review. It has been a pleasure planning with you and even though COVID changed your original plans; we know it will be worth the wait. We are so excited to celebrate with you in 2021!
    Ali R. Married on 05/09/2020

Truly amazing

I cannot say enough good things about Isla! We had just about every road bump imaginable thrown at us (COVID, bad weather, etc.) and the Isla team handled every situation with grace and professionalism. It is a stunning venue with an incredible team that allows for the flexibility you need to make your day unique to you! Melissa was incredible from day one, answering our many emails quickly and knowledgeably. I also have to comment on the food. Feeding a group of 150 is not easy, especially when you are serving filet and fish, but they pulled it off perfectly. People are still raving about it four months later! I highly, highly recommend this venue and I can't thank them enough for making our day so perfect!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Ali, thank you so much for the wonderful review! You sure did have every issue imaginable thrown at you and with all that your wedding still turned out absolutely incredible! It was so wonderful getting to know you and your mom during the planning. Please know you always have a home at Isla Weddings and I hope to see you all again soon! Best wishes for a wonderful future ahead!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 10/19/2019

Awesome Experience

Melissa was wonderful! She answered all of my questions and our wedding day went off without a problem! I didn’t have to worry about a thing!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany for the amazing review! Your wedding day was one to remember and we are so happy to have been a part of it! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Michele
    Michele F. Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely Beautiful Wedding Reception Venue!!!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club was the absolute perfect wedding reception venue for us! Melissa and her wonderful team exceeded our expectations! From the first day my mom and I met with Melissa to tour the venue she was amazing! She was welcoming and answered all of our many questions! She was very prompt to getting back to my many emails and was such a pleasure to work with!! She made sure our special day was flawless! Everything was beautiful and the ballroom was everything I could have ever dreamed of! Melissa even jumped in to help my maid of honor bustle my dress when we were having technical difficulties! I would highly recommend this venue along with Melissa and her wonderful staff that helped make my husband and I's wedding day's dreams come true on 9/14/19! Thank you Melissa and Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club!!!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Michele, thank you so much for the sweetest review. It truly was our pleasure to host your BIG day at the club and I had so much fun getting to know you during the planning. I wish you and Drew a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Julie
    Julie K. Married on 09/09/2019

Perfect day for all❤️

First of all we want to say thank you for making this day to the perfect day for both of us.

Melissa and her team are unique and wonderful. Melissa has always supported us with all her heart and taken away our doubts and fears , because we live in Germany so we have the timezone and all that. But it was amazing to work with her.

The wedding was a dream for us and we enjoyed every moment and everything was just perfect.
    The service, the food and the drinks were phenomenally tasty and stunning.
    We love the location , that’s a dream!!!

Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts,we would go back to you again and again.
    Hugs for all of you guys
    You did an excellent job
    Best Julie and Denis

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Julie, thank you so very much for the sweetest review! We loved helping you plan your dream wedding and getting to know you and Denis through the process was amazing! We hope to see you back in Florida soon and best wishes for the most wonderful future together!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 08/31/2019

Melissa and Isla Del Sol are phenomenal!!

The wedding venue speaks for itself. It is absolutely stunning and was the perfect setting for our big day. What is truly unique about Isla Del Sol is Melissa the onsite wedding coordinator. She is spectacular and you can tell she loves what she does. She answered all of our crazy questions and met with us several times prior to our big day. When hurricane Dorian was threatening to ruin our wedding she reassured us that everything would work out and kept us calm. The entire staff at Isla Del Sol made sure our day was perfect. The food was delicious and everything went exactly as planned. I loved having access to the venue the entire day of the wedding. The bridesmaids and groomsmen were able to get ready on site which was extremely convenient. It was the most perfect day and I could not have pulled it off without the help of Melissa and the rest of the Isla Del Sol staff. I would recommend Isla Del Sol to anyone planning a wedding in the Tampa Bay area!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda for the most heartfelt review. It was truly our pleasure to take part in your special day and we enjoyed getting to know you so much during the planning process. You always have a home at Isla Del Sol! Cheers to a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Kathleen M. Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Melissa and the entire staff at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club are absolutely amazing!! They are the most refreshing group of professionals I have ever had the pleasure dealing with! Melissa is rare and genuine. She is extremely knowledgeable, organized, resourceful, helpful, dependable and we are so very grateful to her and the staff at Isla for making Kelsey and Justin's wedding so wonderful! From our first meeting when we toured the venue, through a million questions, meal selections, table layouts, decorations, and vendor referrals to the day of the wedding assisting with every detail and always one step ahead, Melissa defined everything you could only hope for in a wedding coordinator! The venue itself is just gorgeous with views to take your breath away. We had the use of the entire venue from first thing in the morning which gave us plenty of time for decorations and details as well as provided plenty of space for the wedding party to have the day to get ready and enjoy this special time. Melissa was there the entire time receiving vendors, attending to every need, and assuring the day was seamless. I believe that Isla Del Sol is the best choice for a wedding venue!!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Kathy, this review and your card almost brought me to tears. Thank you so very much for trusting Isla Del Sol and myself with Kelsey & Justin's special day. It was truly my pleasure. Wishing the happy couple many wonderful years together and I can't wait to see photos soon! Best Wishes!
  • F
    Florsie Married on 02/16/2019

Melissa and Isla Del Sol Yacht Club

We love Melissa and Isla Del Sol. Melissa was our fairy dust to the entire wedding from preparing all the way up the the finale of the amazing day! Friends and family are still talking about it. There wasn't anything we would change and there isn't, anywhere else we would recommend.

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Florsie! It truly was a pleasure to host your BIG day at Isla and we wish you and Aleny all the best in your marriage. Cheers to many wonderful years and you will always be a part of the Isla Wedding Family!
    Austin K. Married on 02/11/2019

Seamless Process - Very Professional

Isla was great to work with for our wedding. Melissa was by far the most professional and communicative coordinator we spoke with. We are so glad and lucky we decided to choose Isla and Melissa. Whenever we had a questions she was there with an answer.

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much, Austin! I had such a wonderful time planning with you and Carly and I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness! You always have a home at Isla Del Sol!
  • Nicole
    Nicole F. Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely the best

From first walking into Isla, we knew it was the one! First, it is gorgeous. Second, they have the best coordinator. Melissa was absolute MAGIC at helping us, coordinating for us, and being a friend throughout to us. She coordinated with our vendors and made the whole wedding a breeze! I didn't feel stressed on the big day because she was there handling everything the day of. It was so helpful to have the venue open to us the entire day of the wedding so that the bridal party could get ready on site. The venue provided us anything we could have needed while we got ready and during the wedding. Melissa even arranged for me and my husband to toast with cider - although the guests loved the champagne and even asked me what brand it was after! The venue provided us with beautiful views for our wedding and photos, plenty of space, incredible food, and wonderful staff. We loved having our special day at Isla and can't imagine anything better because we could tell the staff truly cared and enjoyed celebrating with us. Melissa is a special person with a beautiful soul and a serious knack for this!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Nicole thank you so much for the heartfelt review. I was so touched and had the best time planning with you. I hope you have an amazing marriage filled with love, adventure and amazing moments to share. Cheers and please keep in touch!
  • Nerina
    Nerina Married on 12/15/2018

Beyond our wildest dreams

We cannot begin to express how amazing Melissa and the entire staff are at Isla del Sol. From the very first moment we toured the venue, Melissa was so sweet, kind, confident, and talented! Everyone at the venue (including the members) were welcoming and helpful - even when I brought my parents back two and three times to visit :)

It was clear Melissa had a lot of experience and we immediately felt at ease with our wedding in her hands. She provided options and recommendations on every detail of the event - from the flow, schedule, vendors, food, linens, etc. Melissa led us through the entire planning process with ease. She was SO responsive and helped to coordinate all of the day-of details with our vendors.

When the day finally came, everything went off without a hitch! Melissa orchestrated the entire day flawlessly and with such grace and agility - she was so calm, that it put us all at ease. Whenever I’d ask if something had arrived or had been done (i.e. did my mom give you the extra place cards, did my flower girl get her headpiece, did someone give you the tray for the bubbles) it had already been taken care of.

The food at the venue is AMAZING! Our guests continue to rave about it and many said it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding.

We love the staff, the food and the location so much that we also held our rehearsal dinner at Isla del Sol.

What I love about this venue, in addition to its gorgeous facilities and setting, is that it’s very private. You have an intimate, private beach as your backdrop. It’s the perfect combination of tropical, classy, and elegant.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Ahmed, who was our knight in shining armor the day of the event. He was so attentive to me and my husband during the wedding - refilling our drinks, making sure we ate, and just checking in to see if there is anything we needed.

So, I know this is long, but I have so many great things to say about Isla del Sol, that I just had to share. Thank you Melissa, Ahmed, and the entire staff at Isla del Sol for making our day so magical!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Nerina for the most amazing review. It was our absolute pleasure to host your BIG day and we are over the moon excited to hear that you had a wonderful experience. We wish you and Daniel all the best in your new life together and please know that you will always be a part of the Isla Wedding Family!
    Andrea Married on 10/13/2018

The most perfect wedding venue

Our entire experience with Isla Del Sol and planning our wedding was incredible! Firstly, my husband and I are from Toronto, Ontario so having a destination wedding was a bit daunting to begin with. In saying this, the minute we stepped into Isla we knew that we were going to get married there. Firstly, we had no appointment, my mother and I just stopped into Isla while we were on vacation. Melissa (who, is INCREDIBLE) was 15 minutes away from another appointment and still took the time to show us around the venue and answer any questions we had. Once we were done there was no other place I could envision getting married. Melissa made planning from a distance a breeze, there was no stress associated with any of my wedding planning and Isla Del Sol (also for those brides on a budget, I found Isla VERY fairly priced). We arranged an incredible tasting (if you dont sign up with Isla for the gorgeous outdoor beach ceremony or the equally beautiful indoor dining options, then you should sign up with Isla for the food alone. The steak you could cut with a fork it was so tender and the fish was amazing. Our 'midnight' buffet was fries and sliders and not only were the sliders handmade but the fries were arguably the best I've had in my life). Melissa made picking our food options a breeze and really accommodated anything we could have dreamed of. The entire day of October 13th was a dream, and that was in large part thanks to Isla and Melissa. I cannot rave about this place enough, we just got married and I'm already planning a 5 year vow renewal just so we can re-live all that Isla offers. If you're looking for a gorgeous venue with delicious food and superior planning service, drive straight to Isla. I am THRILLED we found Isla and got married where we did, I cannot recommend it enough. Thank you Isla Del Sol and all the staff who made our wedding day a dream!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Andrea - I am speechless! Thank you so very much for the amazing review. It was beyond my pleasure to work with you to make your day special and I am so glad that you had the most wonderful time. You will always and forever be a part of the Isla Wedding Family and we hope to see you back in Florida for a visit soon! Best wishes for a wonderful future together as Mr. & Mrs.!
    Margaret Married on 09/22/2018
    Melissa and the team at Isla were absolutely awesome! They made our day truly spectacular. The venue is beautiful, from the ceremony beach to the reception hall. I loved every part of using Isla for my wedding!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Margaret & Aaron for the amazing review! We were so glad to take part in your wedding and are so happy to hear you loved Isla Del Sol. Thank you for being part of the Isla Wedding Family and best wishes for a wonderful future together!
    Roxanne Married on 06/29/2018
    We worked with Melissa and she was amazing! She was quick to respond to my emails, always answered our questions and helped to ensure planning our wedding rehearsal dinner was an enjoyable process . We chose Isla Del Sol for the amazing views of the Bay. Most of our family is from up north so they appreciated the beautiful sunset during our dinner. The food was beyond our expectations. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious all the food was. Melissa was fantastic! She was there all morning and most of the night to ensure everything ran smoothly. The service was beyond exceptional! The entire staff was friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend Isla Del Sol for any event!!!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Roxanne you are so kind and we thank you so much for the sweet review. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and Anthony as well and we wish you a life time of happiness as husband and wife. We hope to welcome you back to Isla Del Sol in the future.
    Jessica Married on 06/09/2018
    Isla Del Sol was the perfect location for our tropical and glamorous wedding! Melissa is the venue coordinator and she was such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. The venue was absolutely beautiful. We did an outdoor ceremony on the beach followed by an indoor cocktail hour and reception inside the beautiful building that overlooks the bay and marina. The facilities are gorgeous and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for! This venue made our wedding day simply perfect. We highly recommend!

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica & Tai for the super sweet review! It was our absolute pleasure to host your BIG day at Isla Del Sol and congratulations on a beautiful future together as Mr. & Mrs!
    Nicole Married on 05/31/2018
    We chose our venue for our daughter's wedding from a list of vendors. Melissa Rowjohn and The Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club were outstanding in their appreciation of what my daughter required. Especially as we were based in the UK, so we were totally in her hands. She managed to take the American and English weddings and merge them perfectly. Nothing was too much trouble, even when my daughter added a sand ceremony and a butterfly release , Melissa took it all in her stride. They were extremely professional and patient and together with the other vendors which we employed (mostly recommended by Melissa) made our very special day even more outstanding. The venue also did the catering which was 5 star, the chef was amazing. The location was simply the best and we are absolutely convinced that we made the right choice. A massive thank you to Melissa and her team at the Yacht Club for making my daughter's dreams come true.

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Nikki, thank you so much for the sweet review. We will forever remember you, the couple and your family and you will always be part of the "Isla Wedding" family. Best wishes to you all and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town. Safe Travels!
    Krista Married on 05/26/2018
    I fell in love with Isla Del Sol the moment I saw it! My husband and I knew we wanted to get married outside, and we also wanted to be able to get pictures on the golf course and on the beach. Isla was the picture venue and was absolutely stunning. On top of that, the staff is incredible. Melissa Rowjohn was such a pleasure to work with and was so organized and put together on our wedding day. It was my dream to always get married on the beach and Melissa didn’t let Tropical Storm Alberto get in the way of that. She was so flexible and let us make a decision 10 minutes before the ceremony to get married outside when the rain perfectly stopped for a 45 minute window. It was something out of a fairytale and I know a lot of places would not have been so flexible. The food and drinks were amazing and my friends are still raving about the bartenders and our signature drink. I am so glad we chose Isla Del Sol and I couldn’t have started forever in a better location. Thank you Isla for being a part of our love Storey!

-Krista and Michael Storey
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 11/11/2017
    We had our Rehearsal dinner at Isla del Sol on the pool deck and it was PERFECT. The food and service was amazing. We highly recommend this venue and would do it again in a heartbeat.