Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club Reviews

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 7
  • Nerina

Nerina · Married on 12/15/2018

Beyond our wildest dreams

We cannot begin to express how amazing Melissa and the entire staff are at Isla del Sol. From the very first moment we toured the venue, Melissa was so sweet, kind, confident, and talented! Everyone at the venue (including the members) were welcoming and helpful - even when I brought my parents back two and three times to visit :)

It was clear Melissa had a lot of experience and we immediately felt at ease with our wedding in her hands. She provided options and recommendations on every detail of the event - from the flow, schedule, vendors, food, linens, etc. Melissa led us through the entire planning process with ease. She was SO responsive and helped to coordinate all of the day-of details with our vendors.

When the day finally came, everything went off without a hitch! Melissa orchestrated the entire day flawlessly and with such grace and agility - she was so calm, that it put us all at ease. Whenever I’d ask if something had arrived or had been done (i.e. did my mom give you the extra place cards, did my flower girl get her headpiece, did someone give you the tray for the bubbles) it had already been taken care of.

The food at the venue is AMAZING! Our guests continue to rave about it and many said it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding.

We love the staff, the food and the location so much that we also held our rehearsal dinner at Isla del Sol.

What I love about this venue, in addition to its gorgeous facilities and setting, is that it’s very private. You have an intimate, private beach as your backdrop. It’s the perfect combination of tropical, classy, and elegant.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Ahmed, who was our knight in shining armor the day of the event. He was so attentive to me and my husband during the wedding - refilling our drinks, making sure we ate, and just checking in to see if there is anything we needed.

So, I know this is long, but I have so many great things to say about Isla del Sol, that I just had to share. Thank you Melissa, Ahmed, and the entire staff at Isla del Sol for making our day so magical!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 18
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 19
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 20

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Nerina for the most amazing review. It was our absolute pleasure to host your BIG day and we are over the moon excited to hear that you had a wonderful experience. We wish you and Daniel all the best in your new life together and please know that you will always be a part of the Isla Wedding Family!

Andrea · Married on 10/13/2018

The most perfect wedding venue

Our entire experience with Isla Del Sol and planning our wedding was incredible! Firstly, my husband and I are from Toronto, Ontario so having a destination wedding was a bit daunting to begin with. In saying this, the minute we stepped into Isla we knew that we were going to get married there. Firstly, we had no appointment, my mother and I just stopped into Isla while we were on vacation. Melissa (who, is INCREDIBLE) was 15 minutes away from another appointment and still took the time to show us around the venue and answer any questions we had. Once we were done there was no other place I could envision getting married. Melissa made planning from a distance a breeze, there was no stress associated with any of my wedding planning and Isla Del Sol (also for those brides on a budget, I found Isla VERY fairly priced). We arranged an incredible tasting (if you dont sign up with Isla for the gorgeous outdoor beach ceremony or the equally beautiful indoor dining options, then you should sign up with Isla for the food alone. The steak you could cut with a fork it was so tender and the fish was amazing. Our 'midnight' buffet was fries and sliders and not only were the sliders handmade but the fries were arguably the best I've had in my life). Melissa made picking our food options a breeze and really accommodated anything we could have dreamed of. The entire day of October 13th was a dream, and that was in large part thanks to Isla and Melissa. I cannot rave about this place enough, we just got married and I'm already planning a 5 year vow renewal just so we can re-live all that Isla offers. If you're looking for a gorgeous venue with delicious food and superior planning service, drive straight to Isla. I am THRILLED we found Isla and got married where we did, I cannot recommend it enough. Thank you Isla Del Sol and all the staff who made our wedding day a dream!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 21
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 22
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 23
    Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club 24

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Andrea - I am speechless! Thank you so very much for the amazing review. It was beyond my pleasure to work with you to make your day special and I am so glad that you had the most wonderful time. You will always and forever be a part of the Isla Wedding Family and we hope to see you back in Florida for a visit soon! Best wishes for a wonderful future together as Mr. & Mrs.!

Margaret · Married on 09/22/2018

Melissa and the team at Isla were absolutely awesome! They made our day truly spectacular. The venue is beautiful, from the ceremony beach to the reception hall. I loved every part of using Isla for my wedding!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Margaret & Aaron for the amazing review! We were so glad to take part in your wedding and are so happy to hear you loved Isla Del Sol. Thank you for being part of the Isla Wedding Family and best wishes for a wonderful future together!

Roxanne · Married on 06/29/2018

We worked with Melissa and she was amazing! She was quick to respond to my emails, always answered our questions and helped to ensure planning our wedding rehearsal dinner was an enjoyable process . We chose Isla Del Sol for the amazing views of the Bay. Most of our family is from up north so they appreciated the beautiful sunset during our dinner. The food was beyond our expectations. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious all the food was. Melissa was fantastic! She was there all morning and most of the night to ensure everything ran smoothly. The service was beyond exceptional! The entire staff was friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend Isla Del Sol for any event!!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Roxanne you are so kind and we thank you so much for the sweet review. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and Anthony as well and we wish you a life time of happiness as husband and wife. We hope to welcome you back to Isla Del Sol in the future.

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Isla Del Sol was the perfect location for our tropical and glamorous wedding! Melissa is the venue coordinator and she was such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. The venue was absolutely beautiful. We did an outdoor ceremony on the beach followed by an indoor cocktail hour and reception inside the beautiful building that overlooks the bay and marina. The facilities are gorgeous and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for! This venue made our wedding day simply perfect. We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica & Tai for the super sweet review! It was our absolute pleasure to host your BIG day at Isla Del Sol and congratulations on a beautiful future together as Mr. & Mrs!

Krista · Married on 05/26/2018

I fell in love with Isla Del Sol the moment I saw it! My husband and I knew we wanted to get married outside, and we also wanted to be able to get pictures on the golf course and on the beach. Isla was the picture venue and was absolutely stunning. On top of that, the staff is incredible. Melissa Rowjohn was such a pleasure to work with and was so organized and put together on our wedding day. It was my dream to always get married on the beach and Melissa didn’t let Tropical Storm Alberto get in the way of that. She was so flexible and let us make a decision 10 minutes before the ceremony to get married outside when the rain perfectly stopped for a 45 minute window. It was something out of a fairytale and I know a lot of places would not have been so flexible. The food and drinks were amazing and my friends are still raving about the bartenders and our signature drink. I am so glad we chose Isla Del Sol and I couldn’t have started forever in a better location. Thank you Isla for being a part of our love Storey!

-Krista and Michael Storey

• Laura

Laura · Married on 11/11/2017

We had our Rehearsal dinner at Isla del Sol on the pool deck and it was PERFECT. The food and service was amazing. We highly recommend this venue and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2017

I can not rave about Isla Del Sol enough! This is by far the best wedding venue and the staff is incredible! Melissa is the most knowledgeable, helpful, and sweetest person in the business! She was on top of everything.. emails, scheduling, timeline, etc. The day of the wedding, Melissa kept me calm and reassured me the whole day when many changes were made due to weather. The venue is GORGEOUS.. the beach, the golf course, the ocean, the bridge, and so much more. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests on how beautiful the venue was and how incredible the food tasted. The food is so delicious!! Isla was also the only venue that could fit our wedding that had the ceremony on the private beach outside and the reception indoor overlooking the ocean... even Plan B (which we had to do because of weather) was still beautiful and overlooked some of the water. Isla Del Sol is such a wonderful place and an incredible wedding venue!!

dan · Married on 02/25/2017

Isla Del Sol and Melissa are so great. Our wedding was perfect and it truly was the best day of our lives. Melissa helped coordinate an incredible event and helped us with every single detail. So happy we chose Isla.

Esaleen · Married on 12/04/2016

My husband and I got married on December 4rth of 2016 and could not believe how amazing our wedding turned out!Melissa, who is the event coordinator at Isla, was so amazing to work with. She is so knowledgeable and was so helpful during the wedding planning process and especially the day of the wedding. One of the biggest compliments I heard from my guest was how friendly she was throughout the day as she was constantly making sure everyone was being well taken care of. She was so prompt at returning emails and answering any questions you have along the way. Initially, we were a little bit skeptical regarding the food as we were unable to try anything until we booked the venue. Any concerns went away during our food tasting a couple months before as there were so many choices and you are sure to find things you like! We had the wish upon a star buffet which included a plated salad along with assorted dinner roles, macadamia encrusted grouper with a lemon butter sauce (my husbands favorite), spinach and boursin cheese stuffed chicken with a fig and balsamic syrup, a carving station with roasted tenderloin of beef, rice pilaf, roasted red skin potatoes, asparagus, and Italian squash! Another thing we loved so much about this venue are the views! You have a private beach gazebo and waterfront view upstairs in the ballroom. The only thing I can say I wish was a little better was the privacy in the bride's dressing room upstairs. Several times throughout the morning of the wedding club members had to walk through our room in order to access the coffee room. I would highly recommend this location for anyone looking for beautiful wedding venue! Thanks again to Melissa and everyone who made our wedding day so special! :)

Karen · Married on 10/29/2016

This has been long overdue in saying, but as the Mother of the Bride, I wanted our daughter's wedding to be everything she and her fiancé dreamed of. Isla Del Sol was absolutely perfect in that it offered such a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces for all of our events we held there. The staff was terrific and I cannot say enough about their impeccable service. The food was amazing and the venue was so beautiful. But, the person that pulled it altogether for me this time and in the past is their event coordinator, Melissa Rowjohn. She worked with Liz Kamali to be sure every detail was taken care of. Melissa's attention to detail had our guests saying this was" the best wedding ever!!". She knows all of the preferred vendors I contracted with and I found that her knowledge and experience was "spot on". This was my second wedding with many of them as Melissa knows how important it is that they all work together well. If you are a bride and groom that wants everyone to focus on them and your special day and not share your wedding with a lot of other weddings, Melissa and her Million- Star staff at Isla Del Sol will make it happen like no one else can. Thanks again for everything Melissa!! Love, Karen

Lindsey · Married on 09/18/2016

I had met Melissa at a Wedding Expo in the early stages of the planning process and was very impressed with how she remembered our interaction when I contacted her for a tour of the venue. After the tour, we knew immediately that Isla was where we wanted to have our wedding. After much deliberation (mostly due to budget limitations), we happily chose Isla and are so extremely happy that we did. If we could go back and do it all over again, we totally would. Melissa was absolutely amazing in working with us and our budget. The food was delicious and venue itself is beautiful! The main reason we chose Isla was for the plain fact that they only schedule one wedding per day instead of multiple. We pretty much had the place to ourselves for the day which was so nice and made it very secluded and private. We LOVED that part of it. Responsiveness to all of my questions was so quick and thorough. All of our vendors were chosen through recommendations via Melissa and it was SO GREAT to have such a great team to work with. They all knew and adored working with Melissa which made the planning process so much easier. We had the best day of our lives and got so many compliments from our friends and family on the day-of. We LOVED our wedding and it will remain as one of the most beautiful and amazing days of our lives. THANK YOU!!!

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

We planned our wedding remotely and worked with Melissa at the Isla Del Sol. We didn't have much time to work on the planning and we wanted to keep things simple, stress free and fun. Melissa helped us accomplish just that. She was a pleasure to work with and helped us through every step of the planning. We selected vendors that were familiar with the club from a list Melissa provided and the best thing we did was work from that list. Melissa and all of our vendors coordinated beautifully and we did not have to worry about anything! The venue was beautiful, the food and service was absolutely amazing and our guests all commented that it was the best wedding they had ever attended! The whole evening was perfect. Working with Melissa, we were confident it was going to be very well done, but it even exceeded our expectations.

Nicole · Married on 04/16/2016

Isla Del Sol is a beautiful venue! We had our ceremony outside by the gazebo in the sand. It was just perfect. The ballroom is also amazing. There are windows overlooking the bay that extend halfway around the room. The view is amazing! Also, they will only have one wedding in a day, unlike the nearby hotels which will host 2 or even 3 weddings in a day.

Melissa, who works with you to plan all the details of your wedding, is awesome! She is so sweet and attentive. She responded to my emails promptly and was very flexible any and every time I requested a change. I planned my wedding from Arizona, but Melissa made it as pain free as it could be given the distance. I also didn't need a day-of wedding planner because Melissa took care of those details. Isla set up the venue beautifully and Melissa kept everything running on schedule. I highly recommend Isla and Melissa!

Isla is a beautiful venue for 75+ guests. Beautiful sunset view of the bay. We loved that it was indoor/outdoor options for our April wedding. If you are looking for an option where most everything is included as well as an intimate private setting, Isla is a great choice.
    Melissa was fabulous! Whenever we had a question she responded within minutes, and believe me there where times when that meant the world to us. Very accommodating!

Sarah · Married on 03/26/2016

I wish I could rewind time and start my whole wedding planning process over again so I could just appreciate even more so, how wonderful it was working with Melissa at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club. I loved the entire planning process and couldn't be any more satisfied with how perfect my wedding day was! From the very beginning, looking at the venue and meeting with Melissa- we were is awe of how perfect the venue was for us. Having the option of getting married inside or out in case of weather here in FL, as well as the the ballroom with the endless amount of windows looking out over the intercoastal was exactly what we were looking for! Getting married at Isla was the best decision! We were truly had the venue to ourselves! The girls as well as the guys had getting ready areas, which made it so easy to be in one place all day long. We never felt rushed or not the top priority. Sam was so helpful getting us set up in the morning with coffee water and ice to keep our goodies for our mimosa's cold! We appreciate the fact that Isla has one and only one wedding per day even more so after spending a day at the beach this past weekend and watching FIVE weddings happen at once! I cannot imagine. Melissa made the entire process flow flawlessly, tweaking things along the way to help us stick to our budget and truly finding out what things were important to have to us as a couple. She was always available to answer questions and give advice throughout the entire process. Another amazing thing about being married at Isla is the food! Seriously incredible for wedding food! Choosing what to serve is definitely a challenge because everything is so tasty! The entire staff at Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club was so helpful and made sure each one of my guests had what they needed! I would love to do it all over again the same exact way at the same place! Melissa will be sure to make you feel the same! =)

Emily · Married on 02/13/2016

I just had my wedding in February and it was absolutely flawless. After looking for a YEAR for a perfect and affordable reception, we found Isla. We looked at The vinoy, Don Cesar, Rusty Pelican and all were so incredibly expensive. Finally we found Isla and it was exactly what we wanted and gave us the most amazing price. This place is SO gorgeous.. Right on the water and the main ballroom had ceiling to floor Windows. My wedding was everything I dreamed it would be thanks for Melissa Rowjohn. She is the event coordinator at Isla and helped me so much, step by step with my wedding. She was so organized yet easy going, she's became a good friend at the end of it all. All my guests raved about the food... We had filet mignon and fresh grouper.

I highly recommend Isla, it truly was the dream wedding thanks to them.

Cortney · Married on 01/30/2016

Melissa and the entire Isla team made our wedding absolutely perfect!! Our friends are still talking about how wonderful the food was!! This is THE place for a dream wedding!

We knew as soon as we started our tour of Isla that it was the perfect place for us to host our wedding. Private and beautiful, with the Florida beach feel. Melissa was wonderful to work with as well as the entire team at Isla. They went out of their way to accommodate our requests and help make a truly perfect day for us. Everything was executed beautifully and the food and service were amazing! We still have guests telling us how delicious the food was and how accommodating and wonderful the staff treated them. I can’t say enough great things about this place!

This venue could not have been more perfect! My husband and I wanted to get married on the beach, but we really didn't want random bystanders in our pictures, and I also wanted to still wear my heels during my ceremony. I wore wedges and had no issues walking down the paved aisle, and the palm trees and the gazebo were perfect and required little planning on my part. The ceremony pictures turned out AMAZING. Could not have asked for a better backdrop and loved the privacy of the beach. Then the reception was gorgeous! People were blown away by the views of the ocean. The food was amazing and the staff was excellent. We had around 100 people and had plenty of room, but the space could have easily fit twice that amount without feeling crowded. Everything flowed so smoothly thanks to Melissa! Melissa was SOOOO helpful the day of, and during the whole planning process in general! She was always quick to respond, and never made me feel like I was an inconvenience with all of my questions! I don't think I could have planned this wedding and kept my sanity without her help (I live in Oklahoma so had to plan the whole thing long distance). She made sure the entire day flowed smoothly and went above and beyond my expectations! Don't even think about hiring a wedding coordinator if you get married. Melissa did such a fabulous job and I am so grateful for her expertise! I ended up being a little over-budget, which I was initially stressed about but the experience we had with Isla was well worth it.

Amanda · Married on 07/17/2015

My husband and I got married at Isla Del Sol on July 17th. I could not have asked for a more beautiful place to get married! We were thrilled by how beautiful the place was in pictures and to see it in person it was that much more beautiful. Our whole day was just perfect (minus the rain). It rained the entire day but luckily it cleared up just in time for the ceremony!

Melissa is the event planner there and I am so happy and grateful for everything she did for us!! She truly was a blessing to work with and we could not have done everything without her! Being that I was from out of state it was harder to plan things but Melissa always reassured me of everything. She was wonderful at communicating back to me with all of my crazy questions and helping me every step of the way. The day of the wedding she calmed my nerves and was there in case we needed anything and everything. She knew I was upset about the rain and did everything she could to make me happy! She even added a surprise for me for the reception by adding a complete wall of curtains and a bigger dance floor for free! She has the biggest heart and is very professional. If I could get married all over again I would still choose to work with Melissa. Thank you so much Melissa!!! :)

If you are unsure as to where to have your wedding look no further! If you want a place that cares and has a beautiful atmosphere and view then I would highly suggest looking into Isla Del Sol. You will not be disappointed!!

Megan · Married on 10/25/2014

This venue has the most beautiful views and was so great being on a private beach. Every need we had was met and beyond. Alan Skipper was so wonderful! Not only was he extremely helpful, he was a dream to work with. He always kept us laughing. He is so knowledgable about his craft. I loved the little tid bits he would share about why a bride carries a bouquet or how bridesmaid came about. Everything was perfect on our dream day! I would recommend him and his team to anyone.

missy · Married on 05/04/2014

This place is amazing!!! ALan is the sweetest!!! you can not go wrong with them! excellent service and the food is to die for!!!

Crystal · Married on 04/19/2014

Isla del Sol was the perfect venue for us to celebrate our wedding at. Alan, Rossi, and the whole Isla del Sol Team made our day perfect. From the initial planning from the beginning to the seamless, beautiful day that we had on our wedding day. Alan worked with us to plan our special day within our budget, and he went above and beyond to give us what we wanted within a budget we could afford. Alan and Rossi were very understanding and working with plans changing, and still keeping our initial vision of our perfect day in the foremost of their mind. It was comforting that regardless of the weather, we had a plan for anything that came our way, but I still believe in the rumors that Alan can control the weather even only around Isla del Sol. The day of the wedding was amazing, and Alan and Rossi made it that much more special. They took care details that I did not have to or was unaware of, they feed us when we did not even know we needed to eat, and I am so happy to share that special day with the Isla del Sol Family. One very happy bride here!