Isabelle Selby Photography Reviews

Isabelle Selby Photography 4
Isabelle Selby Photography 5

Brian · Married on 02/17/2013

Isabelle is fantastic.

Cat owners should especially take note, as Isabelle will need no cajoling to take photos of you and/or your cats along the way.

Sent on 05/15/2013

Tom · Married on 12/27/2012

Working with Isabelle was an amazing experience. She made taking photos a breeze both during our engagement shoot and throughout our wedding. By the end of our wedding day I didn't even realize she was there anymore. On top of that her photographs are breath taking. She really knows how to capture NYC as a wonderful backdrop. She was also very accommodating and flexible with her time which was very important to us since we were coming from Atlanta.

Sent on 01/14/2013

Isabelle was very flexible, reasonable, and generous with her time leading up to the wedding and on the day of. And her photos were just breathtaking - both candid photos of guests and more posed photos of us and our families. I've had several family members tell me they're the best wedding photos they've ever seen. She is incredibly skilled, incredibly creative, exploits the beauty of NYC to make her pics totally nongeneric, and was also a really enjoyable person to spend some time with even on our wedding day! I feel so lucky to have found her.

Sent on 01/07/2013

lisa · Married on 10/13/2012

Isabelle was the most incredible part of our day. Our photos are above and beyond what we ever could have imagined. She was so in tune with our imagery! We can't picture our day documented by anyone else. She is the perfect mix of professional and personable! We wish we had more events so we could keep her in our life all the time! Our friends and family are so blown away by our photo albums that they want Isabelle to be part of their weddings/engagement photos. She is the only photographer I would ever consider hiring again and again. Such a pleasure working with her from beginning to end!!

Sent on 01/07/2013

My husband and I couldn't be more thrilled with our decision to work with Isabelle for our wedding. Our wedding was upstate in Hudson, NY in an old factory building and she captured the day perfectly! We knew she was our photographer from the very first meeting with her. She is the kindest, sweetest person. Was incredibly responsive during the entire process, and took the most beautiful pictures! We worked with her for our engagement photos too which were so much fun! She had lots of great ideas and was there for me the whole year even when I just needed to vent about my wedding stresses. The day of was great - she took a bazillion photos and we loved them all! Her packages also seemed very affordable to us. Another reason we chose her was because she did not try to sell us on photo albums, which were not important to us. Her packages were mostly based around the digital files which was what we were looking for. She has photo booth packages too and that was so much fun! You couldn't go wrong booking with Isabelle.

Sent on 04/26/2013

Arielle · Married on 08/05/2012

I can't even count on two hands the number of photographers we looked into before hiring Isabelle. We were on a tight budget, but didn't want to compromise talent or have to cut back on hours. So many photographers gave us snarky responses when we even inquired about ways to keep rates down --judgemental lectures with the implication that our pictures wouldn't be good unless we paid some inflated rate that they have deemed a benchmark for good photography. When we found Isabelle, it was like a diamond in the rough. From the first email, she was friendly and easy to work with, willing to accomodate us in every way. Her rate was much lower than anyone else whose work we had seen and liked, and in the end her pictures came out so much better than others I've seen from photographers who charge twice as much. Everyone we've shown them to so far has commented how beautiful they are.

We didn't have to shell out an additional $500 to actually get the actual files of our photos, something I've seen a lot of other photographers do.

Can't say enough good things about Isabelle (and her assistant, Danielle). Now I only have to figure out how to whittle down 1400 gorgeous photos to the ones we want printed. It will be hard given how many great ones there are. If you hire Isabelle, you won't regret it, that I can promise.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Kimberly · Married on 08/04/2012

Isabelle was recommended as a friend of my cousin. Immediately after viewing some samples of her work online, we knew she was the photographer for our wedding! She even agreed to travel to Pennsylvania to shoot our wedding!

She showed up early to the salon to shoot me and the girls having our hair and make up done. Her assistant, Danielle, was fun and energetic and they both helped us all relax around the camera. They were quiet and courteous while shooting, so as not to interfere with the day's excitement! They were also there to calm us when we got a little nervous before our first look. I would highly recommend Isabelle for wedding photography!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Robyn · Married on 05/19/2012

I did lots of research before I finally decided go with Isabelle. When I came across Isabelle's blog through a wedding blog, I knew I wanted Isabelle to do my photos at my wedding party. Her photography is beautiful; she knows how to capture those precious moments and transfer into a photo. Looking at the photos, it makes me very nostalgic. She is responsible and also responsive, very easy to communicate and her price is reasonable.. She made both me and my husband feel comfortable in front of camera. When the photos came out, my friends and family made so many complements and I will definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Sylvia · Married on 05/12/2012

Isabelle Selby did a wonderful job photographing Elizabeth and Matt’s wedding. She captured all of the special moments of the day in these beautiful pictures.
    Isabelle is indeed a talented photographer who enjoys her work and is so pleasant to work with. We will enjoy these pictures for a lifetime!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Danielle · Married on 11/18/2011

I was way more excited about my Trash The Dress photos with Isabelle Selby than I was about my actual wedding pictures! I think it has something to do with the amount of anxiety I felt about that day and how rushed we were taking our posed portraits. I was stressed...and cold...and I have a feeling that those things are going to come out in the pictures. Yeah, I was over the moon happy, but I didn't feel like myself. I didn't even feel like I was there. The pictures and video are going to be the only evidence to show that we got married. I didn't feel that way about the Trash The Dress shoot.

When Isabelle agreed to take our picture again, I was ecstatic! I had spent the week between our wedding day and the night we appointed TTD night, daydreaming about getting to wear my wedding dress again (and actually appreciating it), seeing my husband all decked out in his tuxedo (and actually appreciating it) and drawing attention from hundreds of people (and actually appreciating it). I feel like our wedding day was for our family and friends; this, was explicitly for us. It was magical. And we couldn't stop smiling.

Isabelle took her time with my husband and me and left no stone unturned in the quest for the perfect shots. The pictures we received back from our shoot are timeless. I cannot wait to share them with my family and friends, children and grandchildren. She's professional, she's funny and she's totally worth every penny I spent for her services. I cannot WAIT to have an occasion to call on her again!

Danielle · event on: 11/05/2011

My husband and I decided to take our engagement pictures with Isabelle less than a week before my wedding. I was nervous about having my picture taken and distracted by last-minute wedding thoughts, but Isabelle was able to get me to relax and enjoy being in the moment with my guy. Her gentle guidance was just what I needed to focus on the love between my spouse and me. Every picture is a testament to our love and I will cherish them forever.

Lainie · Married on 10/28/2011

Isabelle Selby managed to capture not just the events of the day, but the tone of our wedding. The photos were gorgeous with none of the staid formality my husband and I hate about most event photography. Every photo made us laugh or go "aw"! Isabelle Selby is fantastic!

Jason · Married on 10/16/2011

Where can we even start!

Isabelle is the true meaning professionalism. On our wedding day she was so laid back which kept us at ease. She is talented at her craft and manages to capture moments effortlessly.

We wholeheartedly recommend her...

Jason & Cielita

Sent on 01/19/2012

Lauren · event on: 10/15/2011

Isabelle Selby did our engagement shoot. She was relaxed (which made us relaxed) and it was a really fun experience! My fiance and I are not used to being in front of the camera, so I really appreciated the fact that we could just be ourselves while she captured some really great images. I would definitely work with Isabelle again! She was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 01/12/2012

Jeremy · Married on 10/01/2011

Isabelle has a somewhat shy and demure personality that belies the HUGE talent she has. She was not only the perfect photographer, but she was the ideal additional guest at our wedding. She listened carefully to our ideas and desires and took the most wonderful photos for us! She was communicative, cooperative, professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We couldn't be happier with the photos and we can only say that you should look no further for your wedding photographer and retain her services now! Her communication and professionalism continued in perfect form after our big day was over too. She sent us back our photos quickly in easy to view , order, and share formats. I wish we could give her more than 5 stars as she deserves 10 in every way.
    There are few times I have ever been able to say I had a perfect experience using a service of this type, but our experience with Isabelle was just that - perfect!

Sent on 01/20/2012

Stacey · Married on 09/10/2011

Isabelle was so great to work with! We loved her candid shots of other weddings and asked for a similar vibe. She worked long and hard all day and we barely knew she was there! She caught some beautiful moments... She also worked well with us for the 'posed' shots...gave us direction and found some amazing places to take pics; she has a great eye. She had scouted the area for the best areas to take photos, and even took into account where we should go first in accordance with the avail light (the wedding was outdoors). Many people commented during the wedding that she was taking some great shots, and we couldn't have been happier when the photos were ready...they're amazing! I've heard nightmare stories of people with very bossy photographers who are on strict schedules... I'm so grateful that our photographer was not only an awesome photographer, but she allowed us to enjoy our big day! She has given us a great gift of beautiful photos that we will always always cherish.

Sent on 01/12/2012

Shana · Married on 06/26/2011

Isabelle is a wonderful photographer and I highly recommend her services. She has an amazing eye for capturing the most fun, lively, unique aspects of people and of the landscape she photographs. I was thrilled that Isabelle put me at ease even though I'm not used to being in front of a camera. She listens and is receptive to ideas. Her creativity and her enjoyment in what she does comes through in her photographs. I've recommended Isabelle to several friends and they have all been delighted to work with such a talented and lovely photographer.

Sent on 01/11/2012

Ahhhh, Isabelle Selby: a visionary behind the lens, a beautiful person in front of it.

We were so fortunate to work with Isabelle and her second photographer, Justin, before, during, and after our wedding day...

It should be noted that it is hard to separate Isabelle, the talented photographer, from Isabelle, the amazing person. And this is exactly why she is a great vendor: her talent, her work, and her professionalism are only rivaled by how kind, courteous, and calming she was to us and to our families and wedding guests.

We feel the value of the experience and of the finished photos is incredible. Isabelle traveled to Baltimore in the heat and humidity of a Saturday in July to take our engagement photos. She executed our session flawlessly. She was leaving for a several week-long trip just two days after our session, but knowing we were eager to see our photos, she had the entire set edited and posted before she left.

On our wedding day, Isabelle was prompt and organized. She kept us on schedule. She made game-time decisions about portraits and lighting and locations. She was discreet, setting up incredible shots of our wedding day details without us even knowing. And later in the day, Isabelle knew when to push us to take more photos... and when to let us stop because we were thirsty and wanted to hit our cocktail hour. The second photographer, Justin, spent the morning with the groom and his men, and my husband has nothing but great things to say about him. His work speaks for itself.

When we returned from our honeymoon, I received an emailed with a date when we could expect to receive our finished photos, as well as a link to the online gallery to share with family and friends, weeks before my friends' received their wedding photos. Amazing turnaround time for a very busy photographer.

Our photos are everything we hoped for to document a beautiful day in our lives. We made a great investment - and a friend - with this photographer.

Sent on 09/02/2014