Isabelle Selby Photography Reviews

63 Reviews for Isabelle Selby Photography

63 Isabelle Selby Photography Reviews
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2017

There aren't enough stars for Isabelle and her second shooter, Stacey. My husband and I got married on a misty Cape Cod weekend. Isabelle took care of the getting ready/ detail shots with the ladies while Stacey was with the guys. They were both AMAZING. Isabelle styled details, climbed up furniture, helped arrange the dress...I think at some point fixed my shoes?...everything to get a great shot- all while chatting, keeping everyone comfortable in front of the camera and keeping things moving. We did our first look on the beach despite quite a bit of wind and some mist and the results are beyond wonderful.

Throughout the ceremony and reception, Isabelle was amazing- both present but at the same time non-obtrusive. We have received out previews and there are moments captured where I had no idea anyone was watching. She was everywhere getting great shots and seemed to know the second a great moment was about to happen and has an eye for the quirky details that make the day unique. I can't recommend her enough.

Beyond the actual day, she is wonderfully communicative throughout the process and is super helpful when trying to figure out the schedule of the day. She deftly handled family dynamics during the formal portraits and is a serious artistic talent. Thank you so much for everything!

Isabelle Selby Photography 1
    Isabelle Selby Photography 2
    Isabelle Selby Photography 3
    Isabelle Selby Photography 4

Colleen · Married on 07/29/2017

Isabelle was my DREAM photographer. I loved her work going into our big day but had never actually met her in person. She had this amazing calming energy and had great ideas on how to capture unique photos. My photos are everything I wanted and completely exceeded my expectation. I did not want traditional wedding photography- and Isabelle’s work is anything but ordinary. Can’t say enough good things about her and her assistant Tina. Will now use Isabelle to photograph all life's big events! Amazing!

Agnes · Married on 06/30/2017

I researched at least 20 photographers before I selected Isabelle. I selected her based on the composition, framing and style of her photographs, as well as her fair prices, since I had a destination wedding in Anguilla.

Isabelle is extremely relaxed and made us feel comfortable and natural during our engagement shoot. She did a great job scoping out the locations for the engagement shoot and wedding. She and her assistant (Sas) blended in with the guests and took wonderful photographs capturing both candid and posed shots. They worked tirelessly during the rehearsal dinner and during the entire day and night of the wedding.

She provided the engagement album, preview wedding album and full album on time. We were so happy with how the photos turned out and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Isabelle to anyone.

Lily · Married on 05/20/2017

Isabelle and her assistant were WONDERFUL to work with on our wedding day! They had such a calming and unobtrusive presence on the day of the wedding and made us feel comfortable and at ease throughout the day. They had such an eye for capturing intimate moments between us, and the photos ended up being stunning. Throughout the pre and post wedding correspondence, Isabelle was always professional, responsive, and very well organized. Can't recommend Isabelle enough and hope to work with her again in the future!

kristen · Married on 10/22/2016

Isabelle is completely amazing! She was recommended to us by a friend and we couldn't be happier with how all our photos turned out :). We hired her for an engagement shoot around our neighborhood, and for our rehearsal dinner and wedding. She was a pleasure to work with, incredibly generous with her time and she so perfectly captured our friends, family, and the feeling of our wedding with her thoughtful compositions and beautiful eye.

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2016

Working with Isabelle was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Isabelle helped us plan out our day (seriously, we emailed her all sorts of timing-related questions that she was gracious to provide her opinion on). Getting a quick response from her around ceremony and portrait timing was especially impactful given how familiar she was with our venue.

On the day of our wedding she was warm and friendly. My partner and I were completely at ease around her and ended up getting the most natural shots of ourselves (not an easy task on our wedding day!) We have the best, most relaxed photos of our families and friends from the day as well. She did a great job at blending in and letting everyone be themselves that day.

The photos themselves are gorgeous: soft, glowy light in beautiful locations that she scouted out ahead of time. I'm so glad we worked with Isabelle and have already recommended her to friends!

Amy · Married on 06/18/2016

We can't recommend Isabelle enough. Not only was she professional and reasonably priced, but she was warm and inviting and made us feel so relaxed and comfortable on our wedding day. We received our pictures a few days ago and still can not believe some of the things Isabelle, and her second photographer Fiona, were able to capture. We would use Isabelle for any other photographer needs we might have in the future, and hope you do as well.

• Y

Ying · Married on 05/27/2016

Isabelle was the best photographer! So responsive and accommodating with any timeline and schedule that we wanted. I (the bride) was getting ready at the hotel and the groom was getting ready at the venue so she coordinated with her 2nd photographer to make sure both of us were captured. On my day, we were running very late on makeup and hair and Isabelle was so great trying to keep me on schedule and constantly reminding me to breathe because the big day is nerve wrecking! I received my preview pictures within 1 week on the day i came back from my honeymoon and they were AMAZING. I love candid shots and she was really able to capture our love from that day. She played around with lighting and clever props such as the flowers through the lenses. I never write reviews but I wanted to share this and highly recommend Isabelle. Very professional and really a great eye for those unique shots. Also! I remember when i was choosing photographers and reading reviews i wanted a photographer who was not obtrusive and able to stay in the background and that's exactly what Isabelle and Lauren did. Love love love! Thanks again Isabelle

Erin and Scott · Married on 05/14/2016

We could not have been more pleased with our decision to hire Isabelle to photograph our wedding. Isabelle was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. She was incredibly accommodating, always going above and beyond to make sure our special day ran smoothly. Isabelle and her colleague, Kelli, were a calming presence during what could have otherwise felt like a hectic time. We were truly impressed with Isabelle’s ability to not only capture so many beautiful moments from our wedding, but also with her ability to capture the spirit of our wedding in each photograph. Her talent and care is so apparent in her work. We know we will treasure these photos for years to come. We wholeheartedly recommend Isabelle.

Jessie · Married on 04/10/2016

Photography was my #1 priority when planning my wedding! Our colors were pink and ivory, and I knew I wanted light, airy photos to match that feel. Isabelle was without a doubt the best decision I made for the whole wedding and ABSOLUTELY my favorite vendor to work with! She was so helpful from bridal portraits all the way through sending me a few advance finals so that I could print thank you cards. The pictures are incredible - there's a perfect mix of portraits, details, and candids - but the best part is you can tell how HAPPY my husband and I were during the day. There are so many things that never go quite as planned during a wedding, but Isabelle was NOT one of them. I'd pick her again every time!

Isabelle is a total delight. It's really such an intimate thing to have someone following you around a documenting all these special moments on your wedding day and I couldn't have imagined a better person to be there with us. Her calm nature and creativity made everything so painless. She's quietly observant and could tell when we were running out of steam and she takes charge when we needed to all be corralled for a big group picture. As far as the finished product, the pictures are beautiful. It was almost impossible to narrow them down to a list of favorites. I would highly recommend Isabelle for your wedding! She was the best.

Maxine · Married on 07/03/2015

My husband and I hired Isabelle to photograph our wedding in July. We couldn't be happier with the photos or the experience of working with her. The pictures are beautiful and perfectly capture the energy and feel of our wedding day. We particularly love the photos from the ceremony and party. Isabelle is extremely responsive and her personality made everyone really comfortable on our wedding day -- which shows in the pictures.

We feel blessed to have Isabelle as our photographer. She was really responsive and gave meaningful suggestions. She was 7 months pregnant when she shot our wedding. While most other photographers would have ditched us but she stuck with us through the entire wedding. That is true professionalism. Her pictures were dreamy and made us all looked so gorgeous. She gave us directions on where to look and how to pose while we were clueless. She was friendly and easy going. She made us felt as ease and our photos turned out very natural looking. She is someone you want to keep in touch with after the wedding. Her pricing is a bargain compare to what other people were charging as well. The quality you get is exceptional. Isabelle is a rare gem. We love our photos!!!

• I

Ingrid · Married on 06/20/2015

Isabelle seriously made our day. We loved working with her from beginning to end. We are both designers and we chose Isabelle because of her ability to capture natural moments in a beautiful, unobtrusive way. A lot of the photographers who shoot more candid and natural photos tend to overstyle their photos in ways that I believe look dated very quickly. Isabelle finds magical moments and has such an incredible eye for composition and light that she doesn't need to overwork the photos. They just shine on their own. We both consider ourselves highly unphotogenic and we were both thrilled with our wedding photos, not just a few but pretty much all of them. We did an engagement shoot with her beforehand, just to get comfortable with each other, which I highly recommend because it's fun and you get used to taking pics with each other. But what we both loved about Isabelle is that she is so chill that she makes you comfortable from the first moment you work with her. I have been to a lot of weddings where it feels like the photographer is really present, really in the wedding. Isabelle is not like that - her presence is soft, gentle, and focused. Never intrusive, just supportive. When doing a posed shot, she will give clear directions to make it great, but you always feel like you're being guided, not directed. I seriously could not recommend Isabelle more highly. The best decision we made in our wedding was to hire her!

Sarah · Married on 06/13/2015

Isabelle did an AMAZING job with our wedding photography. We did engagement photos with her about seven months before the wedding just to make sure we liked her personally as much as we liked her photography. She is incredibly kind and easygoing and able to make two people who don't love feeling put on the spot totally comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. She is exactly the kind of person you want around you on your wedding day, emphasizing the beautiful and meaningful parts and bringing a sense of calm to the hectic parts. She was completely unobtrusive during the important parts when you want to feel totally absorbed in the moment - I didn't notice her or her assistant at all during our ceremony or first dance, but the pictures are gorgeous and up-close. highly highly recommended for any event!

Sara · Married on 06/06/2015

Oh my goodness... Isabelle Selby! We just cannot say enough about her. She does amazing work, has an incredible eye, and was able to make us incredibly comfortable throughout the entire process. We were able to get to know her over the course of our engagement and wedding event - and even added additional services (like engagement photos). She is super calm in any and all situations, and just understands how important the day is, but how to work her magic during the wedding as an event.

We very much appreciated her directness to our wedding party, but also her super casual, laid back nature and way about her when it came to our other photos. We cannot stop showing people our photos (her work) and you can tell that she LOVES what she does. She has reasonable prices for such incredible work.

A big 'Thank you!' to Isabelle for bringing her calm expertise to our event and for taking such incredible engagement and wedding photos. We were very fortunate to work with her! She is a must hire if you can book her.

Amy · Married on 05/29/2015

Isabelle was amazing! She is totally sweet and professional and makes you feel so comfortable. She was so low key, I sometimes forgot she was there. But boy I am glad she was because her photos of our wedding our absolutely stunning! She captured everything beautifully and I would highly recommend her for any important event in your life. I will cherish the photos for forever! Thank you so much, Isabelle!

Jessica · Married on 05/22/2015

We were so lucky to have found Isabelle (Isabelle Selby Photography) and we would recommend her to anyone - everyone! Isabelle is organized, experienced, creative, professional and a pleasure to be around. She has the artistic ability and rapport to capture candids and set pieces beautifully. She is also very responsive throughout the process and was flexible/adaptable to our unique needs. Plus she has the speediest turnaround time for providing the final gallery.

Among all of the many other good things we have to say about Isabelle (especially now that we have our photos back, because they are beautiful), we truly appreciated that she was friendly, down-to-earth, open to the odd things we wanted to try, and generally a great person to work with. She was the first vendor we chose, before we had much idea of what we were going to do, and as a result, in addition to being a great photographer, she was there with us as our information source and sounding board during our entire planning process. That's not really what she signed up for, but I think of her as our partner in putting our wedding together, and I believe that because she was aware of all our planning and happy to work together with us and get to know us, she was able to give us these really wonderful photos that brought out who we are. Isabelle, thanks so much for all you've done for us!

Jesse · Married on 04/11/2015

FANTASTIC quality, manner and service. My wife and I could not recommend a wedding photographer any more than we do Isabelle. From the time she started work during bridal party preparations to the final photo of the last weary dancer, Isabelle took sharp photos and walked the perfect balance between giving our wedding party the direction they needed and laying back to take the candid shots that make a wedding album awesome. Her approach is professional, her prices are more than reasonable and the finished product she provides is something you want to show off time and again! A must hire for your event.

Jocelyn · Married on 10/04/2014

From the very beginning, Isabelle was the perfect professional in every way. She is very prompt with email communication and setting up meetings as needed. By filling out multiple thorough questionnaires, she is totally prepared for your day and all the shots necessary to make everything perfect.

Her photographs are STUNNING. She manages to capture each moment without being obtrusive or conspicuous. She is SO creative and I love the way she thought about arranging details to shoot in the best light. She also scouted out our neighborhood and was able to take shots at different graffiti walls that we would have never known about otherwise. She is very personable and a great member of your wedding "team".

She also sent us a preview less than 12 hours after our wedding (crazy!). We ended up getting our full package of pictures via email and zip drive about 2 months later and were blown away! She's just an all around sweet person as well and I highly highly recommend her to everyone!

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2014

After going through Isabelle's portfolio online during the beginning stages of our wedding planning, we immediately fell in love with all of her photos—so much so that we moved our initial wedding date so that we could have her capture our big day! It was the best decision we made. Isabelle, simply put, is an absolute joy.

For two people who have never been particularly comfortable in front of the camera, Isabelle was able to put us at ease from the get-go during our engagement shoot and our wedding day. Her beautiful photos speak for themselves, but beyond that, her kindness, sense of humor and genuine personality made the entire experience that much more memorable. She's incredibly talented and the consummate professional—communicative, responsive and organized—while also being an all-around awesome person who felt like an old friend at every interaction.

Isabelle did an amazing job capturing all of the special moments and details of our big day and we could not be happier. She's the best!

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2014

Choosing Isabelle as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made! She was extremely professional, friendly, kept us calm all day, and really helped make the whole day run smoothly. We also loved how quick she was to respond to all emails and questions that we had leading up to the wedding. Most importantly, the quality of her photos and the special moments she and her team were able to capture make her better than any other photographer I've seen. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. You will NOT be disappointed with Isabelle Selby Photography, trust me. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

Kelly · Married on 08/31/2014

We are SO glad that we chose Isabelle as our wedding photographer. She did our engagement photos, so we got to know her a little before the wedding. She was super responsive and promptly answered all of my silly little questions leading up to the big day, which is such a help in the planning stages. She arrived early on the wedding day, and she was organized but also very laid-back and calm, which was so nice to be around in the midst of wedding day stress. When we got the photos from the wedding we were absolutely blown away. She's so talented, and she did a great job on both portraits and candids, which was really important to me. She did a fabulous job capturing our day, and she was a joy to work with.

Chandra · Married on 08/23/2014

Isabelle did my best friends wedding and the quality of the photos spoke for themselves. When I got engaged me and my then fiancé went over our must haves, Isabelle was on my list. We are very happy we went with our pictures.