Isabel Cinémathèque Reviews

1 User photo

• Joanna

Sotomura · Married on 12/31/2019

Stunning New Years Eve Film

If you are wondering if you should spend the extra money on hiring a videographer for your wedding, I’m here to say DO IT! My new husband and I are SO happy we found Isabel Cinémathèque to film our New Years Eve wedding. Not only was she incredibly responsive, talented, creative and fun to work with, but she also took the time to get to know our very specific cinematic taste and style. We opted for the 12 minute cut of our wedding and boy are we glad we did! We’ve received so many compliments on how our film looks more like a movie rather than your run of the mill wedding video. The music she chose was on point, the cutaways to small details were perfect, and the entire energy and essence of our NYE wedding was captured in every second of our 12 minute masterpiece :) Isabel Cinémathèque was truly one of our top vendors and she is worth every single penny. Here is a link to our wedding Vimeo so you can see for yourselves :) 5/5 stars! Wishing the best of luck to all of you newlyweds-to-be❤️

Sent on 06/29/2020
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 08/29/2019

Incredible cinematographers! 5 stars

Incredible cinematographers! 5 stars for experience, personality and quality of work.
    We just had our wedding at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, and we’re so glad we went with Isabel Cinémathèque to film our special day! We loved working with Isabel and Mel and we highly recommend them if you’re looking for wedding cinematographers that are professional, passionate, creative and fun to work with.
    We really appreciate that Isabel took the time to interview us – pre-wedding – to get to know our personalities and what we really want the focus of our film to be. Attention to detail is important to us and we could tell Isabel was on point.
    On our wedding day, Isabel and her assistant Mel were there to capture everything – from the bridal party getting ready, to the groomsmen, the first-look, the ceremony, the reception, the emotions and everything in between. Mel was a such a professional, helping us to capture each magical moment on film throughout the evening.
    Isabel and Mel were also familiar with Terranea’s layout and geography, so they were able to position us in just the right places to get all the best footage.
    Thank you Isabel Cinémathèque for a great experience and creating a film we’ll cherish for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 09/06/2019

Eli · Married on 06/02/2018

Isabel and her team were truly a pleasure to work with and produced some amazing work across the spectrum. They were total ninjas on the day of the wedding and ended up capturing all the moments we hoped they would, and many more we didn't even notice! Their variety of cuts ("teaser", "wedding film", and edited footage of the ceremony, dances, etc.) are great -- neatly edited and lots of cool, non-distracting music choices. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/12/2018
  • Yasmine

Yasmine · Married on 04/14/2012

I work in the film industry, and I knew it would be hard to find the right cinematographer for our wedding. I also used to be a film editor, so I was looking for someone to bring the right elegance and cinematic feel to our wedding video. I looked at many videographers and then I saw Isabel's work, and I knew instantly that she was the kind of artist I was looking for. Seriously, she is an artist, and your wedding video will tell your story, won't have any cheesy effects, and will be a timeless treasure that will be cherished in your family for years to come. She focuses on emotion and does such a great job at capturing your special day. Literally, when you see the final edit, it's like watching a profesisonally made film of your wedding. But it isn't a movie -- it's your wedding video.

Isabel is classic and timeless and her work is just impeccable. I enthusiastically recommend Isabel to any of you brides out there that want to have your wedding day captured in an elegant fashion. Don't trust your wedding video to some regular joe who doesn't know what emotion is if it hit him in the head. Isabel captures your wedding day with care, love, and just the right amount of sentimentality.

You must meet with Isabel while searching for a videographer. I hope she is available for your big day!

Also - if you are wondering whether you should even get a wedding video... the answer to me was an obvious yes. We love our wedding pics (see my review on photog) but there are so many great memories that are missed if you only have photos. Getting video is an important way to capture your big day. Everytime I watch our wedding video, I remember and witness things that I would have otherwise forgotten. Do it!!! And hire Isabel!!! She's that rare, special professional out there who is worth every penny. I should also add that Isabel was also very fairly priced.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Alice · Married on 03/05/2011

Isabel was one of the first vendors we knew for sure we would hire. She did my sister's wedding and after meeting and working with her I didn't need to look any further. Her work is great, the moments she captures is beautifully edited together to create such a great film and forever ingrain the memory of our wedding day. She is very responsive and really works with you to put together exactly what you wanted. And she is true to her work. We had a second reception in Hong Kong just 2 weeks after our wedding in LA and wanted to play some sort of recap for our Hong Kong guests who didn't get to be at the ceremony. She was able to create 2 different edits a long and short in less than 2 weeks, and they were both amazing. We can't say enough great things about Isabel.

Sent on 04/06/2011

Judy · Married on 08/21/2010

We are blessed to have her as our Videographer!! She is what she says she is. And we can't wait to see her work on our wedding!! She was very quiet as if she wasn't there, but she is taking all the scenes that we wanted on our video/dvd. She was on time, cooperates with your time and your needs, and it was just pleasant to have her as our videographer. Her work that I had seen had moved me and I wanted her to be our videographer, and my husband agrees. She is the greatest! Once we get our dvd, I will come back to comment again. Thanks, Isabel!!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Janice · Married on 05/29/2010

Isabel is awesome! Just from our phone conversations, I immediately felt comfortable with Isabel, and felt like she really understood what we were looking for in a wedding video. She was actually the only vendor I booked without meeting in person first. She also created an amazing package for us so that we could have super 8 film also.

During the day of the wedding Isabel and her assistant were extremely professional and courteous. I really didn't notice they were there sometimes. We haven't received our final video yet, but my husband was able to get a recap video from her first as a surprise for my birthday. The recap alone was amazing, and she really captured all moments that were truly special to us, I was also surprised by some moments that I didn't think she got or forgot about! She paid attention to everything we requested in our video questionnaire and emails we sent after the wedding. I can't wait to get our full wedding story video! On top of all her talent, she's just a fun gal to work with! =)

Thank you so much Isabel!

Sent on 09/16/2010

Jamie · Married on 12/19/2009

Isabel was so wonderful to work with. What we liked most was that she captured everything but we didn't even notice she was there. Her footage is so natural and real. We were able to customize our package and get exactly what we liked too! She is a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/28/2010

Nancy · Married on 08/09/2009

Isabel has been great to work with since I contacted her for my wedding last year. She always answers emails in a timely manner. She is super nice and easy going. I totally love working with her!

FYI At the wedding, I barely noticed her and she did capture some good shots.

I recently received an edit version and it was very nice, had some changes and Isabel has been great about making them.

I received the final video in the mail and loved it. I highly recommend Isabel, as she is easy and great to work with! I wasn't planning on having a video but I am glad I did.

Thanks Isabel!

Sent on 05/12/2010

Maria · Married on 07/12/2008

Isabel was recommended to me by a friend Vanessa. She couldn't say enough wonderful things about her. After I saw Vanessa's video , I could understand why. She is so talented and truly has a gift for what she does. Her eye for detail is amazing. Her videos really tell the story well.
    We cried when we saw our video. My husband & I wanted to watch it over and over again. We felt like we could walk right back into that day. She managed to capture the magic & joy that we felt, so beautifully. I would very highly recommend Isabel to record your special memories! Thanks again Isabel. Sincerely, Maria Wells

Sent on 02/19/2009

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2007

Isabel was great. I hardly knew she was there so I was a little worried to see what was actually on my wedding videos. I was extremely surprised how much footage she got and from different angles. It was all there. I now have a beautiful video of my wedding to watch over and over again. She's great!

Sent on 01/28/2009

Wendy · Married on 05/05/2012

3.5

The reason why I hired Isabel is because I LOVE LOVE LOVE her work. Working with her was an amazing experience!
    1)She can create all kinds of videos to fit your style.
    2)The videos she creates don’t just look like a documentary, a music video, or a movie trailer. They transcend image and sound. They capture and express specific atmosphere and emotion.
    3)She is on time, professional, and friendly.
    4)She is so discreet, most of the time I didn’t even realize she was there!
    5)Her prices are reasonable.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Caryn · Married on 11/14/2009

3.0

Our video was so great, it was worth the wait. It took significantly longer than the target date in our contract and I was getting frustrated (mainly because we did have to keep reaching out to get updates from Isabel, rather than her being proactive about contacting us). Having said all of that, it was absolutely worth the wait. When my husband and I watched it the first time, we couldn't hold each other close enough. Isabel captured moments that we had either forgotten about or didn't know had happened in the first place. Her work is really beautiful, especially having just seen a wedding video that was shot by a sort of experienced person as a point of reference. Even the DVD holder is stunning! Isabel was great the day of and we barely noticed her. I am SO glad that we decided to get a videographer and added in the raw footage of the ceremony and toasts at the end. It was really worth the money--my Mom said it made her wish she'd had a videographer from her marriage to my stepfather 6 years ago and one of her best friends said it was so gorgeous that she's watched it more times already than my husband and I have! Thanks, Isabel, so much.

Sent on 09/26/2010