Irving Photography Reviews

26 | Denver, CO

26 Reviews for Irving Photography

Maryann · Married on 10/05/2018

Matt and Ariel were great to work with! Ariel is a great editor for our photos and Matt has a great eye for shots! They made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. We loved Matt's assistant photographer Kim for the day of! We would hire them again and again!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Ariana · Married on 08/18/2018

We loved working with Irving Photography! Their work is truly amazing and we can't stop looking at our pictures! They captured everything perfectly and were awesome to work with!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Courtney · Married on 03/24/2018

Being a wedding photographer myself, the thought of finding the perfect wedding photographer was stressful. I am pretty particular when it comes to hiring other photographers, and I am so thrilled that we chose Irving Photography. Mathew and Ariel far exceeded my expectations of wedding photography. Not only are they incredibly talented artistic wedding photographers, but they are warm-hearted, genuinely good people. They were able to gauge my vision for my wedding and deliver phenomenal photos that our family, friends, and ourselves will forever cherish. Additionally, they were able to help guide me to strategically plan our day in order to get the best photos. Kim, their second shooter, also took incredible photos and was very warm and friendly. If you're looking for wedding photography, stop your search and look no further!

Thank you to Mathew, Ariel, and Kim for your phenomenal work!

- The Wims

Sent on 07/15/2018

Raylene · Married on 09/16/2017

Mathew & Ariel were beyond outstanding as photographers for my daughter and son-in-law’s recent wedding in September. They have a wonderful ability to create a comfortable feeling for all involved. The photographs are amazing and will be cherished a lifetime! I highly recommend Irving Photography for your wedding! You can’t go wrong here.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Monica · Married on 09/15/2017

Mathew and Ariel are a pleasure to work with! They set up an initial consultation with us to go over our style and wants and needs for or big day. They were very flexible with their packages prices and adjusted to fit our budget :) The day off, Mat and assistant, Kim, were so sweet and did a wonderful job. We didn't even notice they were there (a sign of a great photographer) yet they captured all the special moments. Ariel did a beautiful job editing our photos, we are blown away with our beautiful memories of our wedding day! Thank you Mat, Ariel and Kim for capturing the most special day of our lives!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Joshua · Married on 07/07/2017

We really loved interacting with Mathew and Ariel. They were relaxed and fun to work with but very professional - a perfect combination for us. They made a point of getting lots of our input up front and then delivered exactly what we envisioned - a creative, personalized and beautiful result. It was obvious that they love what they do. We stressed about a lot of the wedding details but the photos never fell into that category. We felt the photography was in good hands and we were pleased that the results ended up even better than we had hoped for.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Meghan · Married on 03/26/2017

Irving Photography was amazing! They helped plan every detail by working with exactly what we wanted. Ariel was very patient in planning everything from setting to posing so that my pictures were everything I had dreamed of. We tend to be uncomfortable in front of the camera and Mathew put us at ease through all the picture taking while capturing stunningly artistic shots. They were prompt, professional, and artistic. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Matt · Married on 03/26/2017

I was very apprehensive about taking engagement pictures, as my fiancee and I had never done anything like that before. Almost immediately after meeting Mathew and Ariel, I felt at ease. Mathew had planned out all of the best shots at our location and Ariel explained, step-by-step, how to pose naturally for the best pictures. We now have the most amazing pictures to document this exciting time in our lives.

We had a meaningful location in mind for our pictures and the Irvings suggested a great spot, too. They were so flexible and made it so that we could take pictures in both locations. I am so glad we took their advice--my favorite shots are from their ideal location.

You won't regret working with Irving Photography for your engagement and wedding photography!

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • User6119086 · 2+ years ago

My fiance and I contacted Irving photography over the New Years Holiday and I was very surprised to receive a very prompt response back from them letting us know that they were available for our dating date along with their pricing packages available, which were very reasonable and in line with other photographers we had contacted. Our schedules are very crazy this time of year but they were able to meet with us within days. They confirmed the meeting date and time, they arrived early and very prepared. They were able to show us a ton of photos from the variety of packages they offer as well as engagement photo options since we needed their guidance on it. They also showed us a wedding they shot at our venue. That made us feel better knowing that they already knew the lay of the land where we are getting married. They are very knowledgeable about lighting and times of day to get the best photos. After meeting with them, we decided they very quickly to move forward with them as our photographer. They are so nice, professional and responsive. It will feel like our friends are taking our photos for us!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2016

Matt and Ariel were really fantastic. They are both amazing photographers as well as really lovely people. Leading up to the wedding we kept saying how we were excited not only about having them photograph our wedding, but to have them be present our wedding as well! They include an engagement session as part of their package, which was really helpful not only in figuring out how to be less awkward in front of the camera, but also to get comfortable with Matt & Ariel and their style. We got our pictures back recently in both an online gallery and on a USB disc with a $200 print credit. We've gotten many compliments on how beautiful the photos came out. I really can't say enough good things about this team, they are very organized, responsive, thoughtful, talented, and they gave us GORGEOUS wedding pictures. Very thankful to have found them. :) Highly highly recommend! -Jen & Chris

Sent on 11/13/2016

Victoria · Married on 07/23/2016

Mathew and Ariel Irving are Amazing Photographers. I love them both. They were so helpful, kind, thoughtful, professional and creative! Our Engagement and Wedding Photos came out beautifully! They were so un-posed and magazine like! They reviewed my pinterest board thoroughly and got all the shots I wanted. They really have it down! They are so talented and just great people to work with. They were on time, looked great, were kind, blended in, they were just awesome!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Taylor · Married on 04/21/2016

My fiancé and I cannot be happier with our engagement photos! From the minute we initially contacted Mathew and Ariel to arrange the session to the very end of our photo shot, they truly exceeded our expectations! Mathew and Ariel are seriously so talented and more importantly, they GET IT!!! They know what it means to take beautiful pictures but more importantly they make you feel comfortable and confident. They plan and scout locations that are awesome and really know how to maximize the time that you spend with them. Thank you for making this an experience we will never forget, and thank you for giving us beautiful photos we will have for a life time!

Taylor J

Sent on 03/25/2015

Sara · Married on 06/08/2015

Mathew and Ariel did both mine and my husband's engagement and wedding photos! Both shoots were exquisite and I received a countless amount of compliments from those who saw the photos! Mat knows ALL the best locations and does not hesitate to try out new things to get the right shot! He's always rolling around on the ground and positioning himself in the funniest stances just to get the best angle for an always AMAZING shot! Mat and Ariel are the perfect team for capturing the love into the shot because they are so in love themselves! They never deliver a final product that they wouldn't have wanted for themselves and their professionalism is sky high! My husband and I were blessed to have Mat and Ariel for BOTH our wedding and engagement shoots!! We wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/05/2015

Mathew and Ariel are BEYOND amazing. From the first meeting at Paris on the Platte (over a year before our wedding), we knew these guys were going to be our photographers. The photos from our engagement shoot turned out better than we could have thought and then the wedding photos... continued to impress beyond anything we could have hoped for and came to us within a month after our wedding. On the day of they were there for everything... Ariel kept me calm as the clouds loomed over the ceremony minutes before I walked down the aisle and Mathew went up in a scissor lift (legally;)) and crawled around on the floor to get the perfect shots. They even risked cameras and got out in the rain as the dance partied carried on in the monsoon that came later. By far the best photographers we could have asked for. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Mathew and Ariel are amazing. They are a great team. From the first photo, they make you and your partner feel completely natural. I was very particular about the photographer about we would have for our wedding and my fiancé and I decided it would be my splurge. When I saw the quality of work that Mat does I was blown away. Not only was he in our price range but the photos are amazing. The lighting he is able to capture in each photo is flawless.
    My fiancé and I did our engagement photos at a park and spent 3 hours with Mat and Ariel without the blink of an eye. We only realized how long it had been because we were starving for dinner when we got in our cars. Ariel also battled horrible pollen allergies but made sure that each pose was perfect and never complained. I have received nothing but compliments about our photos. I posted a few to Facebook and have received comments about how beautiful they are from people I would have never expected. We did have a few shots that I forgot about and Mat double checked the card to see if he had them and offered to do a bonus shoot if he couldn't find them. Talk about amazing. :)
    I honestly cannot wait for our wedding shoot. We couldn't have asked for better photographers to take on the task. I know they will be amazing in every single way.

Sent on 07/22/2014

I had just moved to Colorado and was super bummed that I wouldn't be able to hire someone I knew in Connecticut. But I started looking online and scouring social media for a photographer that had excellent images online. After checking out their positive reviews and confirming they were in our price range I scheduled a meeting to book Matthew and Ariel. Let me just say they blew me away. Here are the reasons I would hire them:
    1. They are professional. #1 fear of most brides: will all of my vendors show up and deliver? Short answer: yes and yes. Matthew and Ariel went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our engagement photos by taking us to several different sites. When I arrived at my wedding venue frazzled with messy hair and all, they were the first to offer to help unload my car for me. They are truly kind people who also take their word seriously and go out of their way to help you. Photos were always delivered AHEAD of schedule and they were always early for appointments.
    2. They are super, duper talented. Seriously, look at some of their photo galleries. They have modern equipment, a creative eye and also know how to edit photographs well. I seriously laughed and cried when I looked at some of the pictures they shot for my wedding. My wedding was super rushed, in hindsight we should have booked the venue for longer, but honestly in the photos you can't tell. This amazing duo captured it all.
    3. Ok seriously....these people have only been doing this for a few years? How is this possible? Ladies, their prices are going to rise, I guarantee it. Book them now while you have the chance.

Ok, I'll stop acting like a sales person now:) I just had an amazing experience with these two. My bridal party loved them, the photos are just lovely and go beyond my expectations. Thank you for documenting my special day with such love and care Matthew and Ariel. And future brides....book them....you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/20/2015

erin · Married on 11/14/2014

We are from Florida and did our first year wedding anniversary photos with Irving Photography in CO, even making all the arrangements from Florida they were so easy and a joy to work with. They were accommodating and some of the nicest people we've ever met, Ariel even helped me by suggesting hair and makeup artist for the photo shoot in the area. They were quick in providing our photos from the shoot online and mailing our USB of all our photos. I would highly recommend Irving Photography over and over, they went above and beyond our expectations in every way, and of course the pictures were amazing!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Laura · Married on 09/13/2014

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Irving Photography. Mathew and Ariel have wedding photography figured out! Our photos are unbelievable! The picture quality, shots, and candid moments captured are perfect. The two were always very helpful and timely in their responses to phone calls or emails (we never waited more than a few hours for a response). Ariel is not only a talented photographer, she puts everyone at ease and helps you enjoy the special day. She also makes sure that everyone in the shot looks fabulous. Mathew is incredibly talented and uses the most creative backdrops that make your pictures stand out. The way he captures light and focuses on the subjects in the pictures at the same time makes the photos look like they're straight out of a fairy tale. We've recommended them over and over and will continue to. Check out their blog and website. You'll see what we're talking about!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Irving Photography was the BEST! Our guests commented on how professional and kind they were. The photos we got made me feel so beautiful. The groom didn't look to shabby either! ;-) Mathew and Ariel are the best in the industry and the passion they have shows. I would recommend them to anyone wanting the best photography in Colorado!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Nicole & Jeff · Married on 08/09/2014

When Jeff and I began the journey of planning our wedding, finding the right photographer was really important to us. We knew what we wanted but were having a hard time finding the right fit…until we found Irving Photography. Much like most things that come along with a wedding, when we came across Irving Photography’s portfolio and then got to meet Mat and Ariel on a snowy spring day over coffee – it was love at first site. The passion and joy of their photography combined with their artistic flair and creativeness made it very apparent to us that they were the right fit. Mat and Ariel were super flexible and easy to work with making our journey to the big day that much more at ease. Having done an engagement shoot a couple of months prior, by the time our wedding day rolled around Mat and Ariel were not just our photographers but now our friends. We received all of our photos (and there were a lot!) less than a month after our wedding. Being able to sit down and relive our day through those candid images is the best gift we could have ever received. Choosing Irving Photography for your wedding day should be the easiest decision you have to make!

Sent on 09/27/2014

John · Married on 08/02/2014

Mathew and Ariel were very patient, friendly, and interested in meeting our particular expectations. Their prices were quite reasonable, and they included a separate, preliminary engagement shoot, which they used to get familiar with the kind of photos, poses, etc that we liked. They always had a good balance of friendliness and professionalism, organization and flexibility. They had the experience and eye to quickly organize our large family poses and get great shots of both classic and candid content. We were very impressed with the experience and the results, and so were many of our guests. One of the things I really appreciated was getting all the finished pictures on a USB drive, and having a link to an online gallery of all the pictures. We were able to send the link to all of the guests--even the ones that couldn't make it! And definitely a bonus was that they obviously enjoy their work, and that helped make our day as awesome as it was... Thanks, guys!

John and Noel

Sent on 09/22/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/31/2014

We simply cannot recommend Irving Photography enough. They were incredible throughout our engagement and wedding day. They took the time to meet with us and were more than willing to work with us to get the pictures and style we wanted. Mathew and Ariel were friendly and personable and made us feel like movie stars as they photographed us. We often remarked that they make reality look magical - and they do. From the standard posed shots to candid, romantic shots, Irving Photography nailed every last shot of our big day. Look no further than Irving Photography for your wedding, they are worth it and are a BLAST to work with!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Mica · Married on 04/26/2014

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding where Irving Photography were the photographers and they were great to work with! My friend's engagement and wedding photos were absolutely beautiful and I'd definitely recommend them to others that I know are getting married!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Ashley · Married on 04/26/2014

My husband and I so enjoyed working with Mat and Ariel of Irving Photography! We struggled quite a bit finding a wedding photographer. So many were exorbitantly expensive and poor quality. From the first meeting with Mat and Ariel, we knew they would be a perfect fit for us. We enjoyed doing our engagement photos with them at the DCPA. Mat is so creative and innovative in the way he captures photos. I have seen so many engagement pictures that are cliche and kitchy, but Mat's pictures were so unique and lovely. They perfectly captured us as a couple, I really haven't seen that before and was so pleased. And on our wedding day, Mat was a pro!! He was flexible with our schedules, prepared, and efficient. We had A LOT of bridesmaids and groomsmen which I was afraid would be a hassle for Mat. However, he sailed through shooting every picture we wanted with them, and the bridal party portraits came out beautifully! Mat captured every unique detail from our special day. From the dress and shoes to the ceremony, and dancing at the reception, everything was amazing. His pictures were detailed, glowing and soft, and beautiful. Perfectly portraying our stunning spring wedding. We were SO pleased with our experience with Irving Photography, and will be recommending them to all of our friends in need of a photographer!

Sent on 06/12/2014

LAURA · Married on 08/03/2013

Mathew and Ariel took our engagement and wedding photos. They were very professional and kind; they were wonderful! They are such a talented lovely couple and amazing team! My husband and I were very lucky to find them, we totally enjoyed having them as our photographers. We love our pictures! In addition, I have followed their work and I can say that I am impressed of the amazing job Mathew and Ariel are doing! Thank you guys for capturing our amazing moments!!!

Sent on 08/26/2014