Iris Photography and Videography Reviews

57 | Santa Ana, CA

57 Reviews for Iris Photography and Videography

Catherine · Married on 11/26/2016

Tommy is very professional, as well as very personable. He pays attention to detail and is very receptive to feedback. Tommy knows from experience what works and what doesn't regarding pictures as well as the many elements within a wedding. He is an honest vendor who a highly, highly recommend for any bride and groom who want beautiful, lasting memories.

On November 12, 2016 my husband and I got married on Catalina Island. After reviewing many photographer's portfolios, we choose Tommy to be our photographer for our special day due to his amazing work and creativity. We are glad we went with Tommy as he was professional, did everything we asked, and was on top of everything the whole day. Our guests were even very amazed with his work and couldn't wait to see our photos. We would recommend Tommy to anyone for any special occasion to be captured. Thank you again for being a part of our special day and the beautiful photos that we will forever look back on for memories.

Heather · Married on 09/04/2016

I found Tommy online while researching vendors for my wedding and I am so happy I did. My husband and I absolutely love him and his work! He was very professional and worked with our busy schedules every step of the way. After the wedding I had multiple family members raving about how exceptional and professional him and his team were at our wedding. He went above and beyond to capture exceptional photos. He literally climbed beside a waterfall to capture a particular angle. Tommy was very reasonably priced and worth every penny! We will now be referring all friends and family to him as well as using him for our future photography needs.

Tanya · Married on 03/05/2016

I booked Tommy and his crew by simply doing an internet search and crossing my fingers! A few minutes after I had e-mailed him to obtain some information, I received a phone call from Tommy to discuss the process, price, the wedding,etc. and the next day, he and his crew were booked! I am beyond thrilled with video footage! The "raw footage" is so clear and crisp, I am taken back to day every time I watch it! With our contract, we did the 8-10 minute "highlight video" which he edits with music that captures bits and pieces throughout the wedding day. It came out so amazing that my only wish is that we would have done the longer version of the highlight video! All in all, my exceptions were blown away and I highly recommend Tommy & his team!

• Anita

Anita · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I are so glad to have chosen Iris Photography and Videography for our wedding. Tommy is personable, yet professional. He will answer all your questions you may have about your photography and videography needs. He responds to phone calls and emails very timely. Tommy and his team arrived early to our house and hotel when we were getting ready for the wedding and the whole team was friendly and helpful. They put forth a lot of effort to get the right shots and they listened to our needs as well. The quality of their work, both photos and videos, are excellent. Their photography and videography package is of great value. Having Tommy and his team at our wedding was almost like having friends with us. We are definitely very happy to have chosen Tommy and his team. It wouldn't have been the same without them. We love our wedding photos and video and can't wait to see our photo album!

Ryan · Married on 09/06/2015

I arrived at finding Tommy with Iris Videography and Photography for our wedding because the referral to another videographer I received from a friend who just had a wedding wasn't available. I had no particular attachment to any one yet, so I searched Wedding Wire for different possibilities. Iris seemed to be the first on the list that I saw. We had several options that looked pretty good, but here's why Iris stood out.

They had a very professional, cinematic look to their videos. I like how they had a "Bonus Features" tab including the extra longer footage.

We just received the link from Tommy to the final cut and we couldn't be more happy. It perfectly captured the day, and little things that Tommy may not have realized. There was a little footage of some relatives who were actually my parent's flower girl and ring bearer over 40 years ago. Tommy caught the moment when they saw each other (I believe) for the first time since. We also saw footage that we weren't able to see and just footage from different perspectives. Also memorable footage of speeches and performances that might have been never seen again, but were captured in this video.

We highly recommend Tommy and IRIS Photography and Videography! You won't be disappointed!

Ritchel · Married on 08/08/2015

Tommy and his staff at Iris Photo & Video were the videographers at our wedding and we couldn’t be more pleased. From the initial meeting with Tommy, he was very easy to talk to and made us feel extremely comfortable. He did not try to push us into more expensive options but rather explained what he had done for others in the past and allowed us to choose what we wanted. He also included a short teaser video called “The Real Minute” which our friends and family absolutely loved. We added this video to our wedding website and it really gave our guests a glimpse into our lives. It was such a great touch.

The day of the wedding, Tommy and his staff arrived on time and were very friendly with our families and friends. They were invisible when they needed to be but they also knew when to step in and give a little direction to get great looking shots.

My wife and I didn’t want to get a physical DVD and have to make copies for everyone so we were glad to hear that Iris Photo & Video would provide us with links that we could send to our friends and family as well as allow us to download the footage to our own computers.

All in all, we’re extremely happy with the excellent work that Tommy and Iris Photo & Video did for our special day. We absolutely recommend Iris Media for your videography needs. His competitive pricing, comforting demeanor, friendly staff and online video options really sets him apart and you definitely will not be disappointed. Thank you Iris Photo & Video for everything!!

Daisy · Married on 04/11/2015

Tommy did a amazing job! My pictures came out gorgeous! I loved them. The pictures that he took captured the best moments of my life and I can't thank him enough for that!!!!!

• User4203094 · 2+ years ago

Thomas did an outstanding job with our wedding video! I was so incredibly busy and overwhelmed during the planning of the wedding, the day of, and afterwards getting ready for and going on my honeymoon, that I had no time to check in with Thomas, but he was very reliable without any kind of follow-up from me, he didn't need it, and that made things so much easier for me! He was great the day of, capturing every important moment of our day in a very special way. My favorite was the highlight reel he made- the song and all the clips were perfect. He offers incredible value on the work he delivers. He also designed a very beautiful DVD case cover and label for our discs, and made the content conveniently available online for sharing with friends and family. I really liked the interface he uses for the contract and tracking of payments, its super convenient. He also stuck to the timeline he promised. Thomas, thanks for your great work and for making it so easy on me and my husband to have and enjoy our wedding day video!

• Shanell

Shanell · Married on 08/09/2014

Tommy is so creative it completely blew our mind. He showed us some videos of weddings he had done before and we told him what kind of style suited our personalities. My husband was 100% against having a videographer, but after seeing Tommy's work he was on board. The day we received our video that highlighted our wedding, my husband had tears in his eyes and told me he was so glad we decided to get a videographer. Tommy's video captured every special moment of our big day and the way he intertwined the voice overs of the pastor and speeches was like watching a trailer to a movie. Tommy completely exceeded our expectations and we are so excited to share our video with family and friends who weren't able to make it to the wedding. I HIGHLY recommend him. Not only is he great at what he does, he is super personable which is important if you're going to spend the entire day with him! Thank you Tommy!!!

John · Married on 08/01/2014

Tommy was wonderful to work with on our wedding day. On a day where our original DJ no showed and we had to get a last minute replacement, it was nice to have Tommy arrive an hour early. He was also wonderful in attaching all the boutonnieres on myself and each groomsmen. He was very professional, but also friendly and knew how to ease the nerves on a day like that. The photos he took came out perfectly, and are a great reminder of how perfect a day it was. I wholeheartedly recommend IRIS Photography and Videography for any service you need. If you are lucky enough to have Tommy work your event, then you're in safe hands.

cathy · Married on 07/27/2014

They did an amazing job on the pictures and video! We love it!!

Divina · Married on 06/14/2014

Where do I begin to thank this man and his team for their outstanding work? My husband and I were blessed to have Tommy film our wedding. From the get go he was approachable, interested, and most importantly, excited about our special day. Of course, I made some last minute changes and hiring a videographer was one, and by last minute I mean 2 months before the wedding...eek! (side note: if you are currently unsure about it, do it! It's worth it and speaks a thousand words).
    Anyway, back to Tommy and his team. Leading up to our day, he was available and answered all questions and accommodated more last minute add-ons I made (very indecisive gal, bless my hubby). On our day, he filmed the boys and Isabel (who was great!) filmed the girls; capturing hilarious and not so flattering moments, nonetheless, hilarious. Our ceremony was in a small chapel and he was able to capture everything from a high wide angle and the audio was amazing (even when the minister butchered my name...repeatedly...haha).
    I was nervous about our receptionist, as it was on a yacht with multiple levels, that many moments would be missed. Nope, not at all! From one-on-one interviews with guests giving their advice and best wishes to an endless night of dancing, everything was captured. The following day, much of my wedding was a big, fast-forward blur. When we got the dvd, it was all pieced together.
    To this day, a year later, together and with family and friends, we watch it over and over.
    TOTALLY WORTH IT!

To Tommy, your was phenomenal and genius! From beginning to end, we were completed satisfied with your work and professionalism. My sincere apologies for this extremely late review...better late than never, right?

To couples debating on hiring a videographer, my advice is do it. You can only relive so much from photographer. The video is live and puts you right back in your special day.

Tony · Married on 04/25/2014

Everything was awesome! couldn't of asked for a better/easier person to work with. All the videos and photos turned out amazing! Totally recommend them for anyones wedding if you want a professional job done. I'll definitely be recommending them for any of our friends weddings as well.

• Zaida

Zaida · Married on 03/21/2014

Do not hesitate and contact Tommy ASAP. His eye for detail is amazing and his service is incredible. Everyone who has seen my album and video is very impressed. Also, it is such a great packaged deal. Tommy really enjoys what he does and he made the process so comfortable for us. Choosing your photographer and videographer will be the most important decision you will make during the wedding planning; since afterall, this is what you will treasure the most after the wedding day is over.

Shannon · Married on 03/15/2014

Tommy was excellent. He worked very well with our DJ to coordinate the timing and capture all the great moments. The quality of the pictures are great and his turn around time was excellent.

Kimberly · Married on 11/09/2013

Thomas provided us with the most amazing video from our wedding. We LOVED everything he did and couldn't be happier with his services. Thank you so much for allowing us to relive our special day anytime we want.

Alina · Married on 09/20/2013

Wedding Videography can get really expensive. When my now husband and I starting looking for a videographer for our wedding day we needed it someone that was affordable but with good quality. We made an appointment with Tommy and he show us samples of videos that his company had shot in the past. We liked their work and we decided it that they would be the ones to capture one of the greatest moments in our life. We are very pleased with the results. They have an easy payment system and the results are great. We just got our short video and we loved it. We cannot wait to see the entire video!!!! We recommend Tommy and his team for your event.

• I

Ivana · Married on 08/17/2013

Tommy is by far the best photographer and videographer in OC!

He was so friendly and excited to hear about the initial engagement and wedding plans. In talking to Tommy, he really got to know myself and my husband Trevor. He got a feel for what our personalities were like and that came to life in the pictures and video.

Tommy is very affordable and the quality of his work is genius! No one else can compare.

When Tommy was at the wedding, he was so friendly and he knew which moments to capture. He didn't miss anything. He is so flexible.

I will never forget our intimate photo session after the ceremony. Tommy made my husband and I feel so comfortable and natural. Heck, we even forgot he was there from time to time, because we would get so lost in the moment. It shows in our photos. That's the kind of photographer he is.

When my husband and I finally received our pictures, we both cried. Our families and friends could not stop raving about them. My wedding day was a blur, but the moment i saw the pictures, i started making connections :)

and when Tommy sent us our highlight video, OMG, we cried even more. I must have watched it 20 times in one day because each time there was something new! The music, the moments he selected, everything about the video just made me feel like we had the best wedding in the world. The video felt like us. My husband and I would not do anything differently, and it's all because of Tommy.

I could go on and on about Tommy and his team.

Tommy if you're reading this, I just want to let you know that you have a gift. Thank you for creating the most magical moments for us in still and motion pictures. Without you, I don't think I would be feeling this excited and proud of everything my husband I put into the wedding planning to make sure that our guests would have fun and that our wedding would be remembered forever.

Trevor and I are forever in your debt.
    Our wedding was in the perfect hands.

Christopher · Married on 07/26/2013

Awesome work and great to work with! Price was outstanding, would defintely recommend to anyone looking, captured our wedding perfectly, Thanks Tommy!

Melanie · Married on 07/13/2013

Tommy is a great photographer. He was so helpful and made sure all the moments during my wedding were captured. Everyone who has seen my pictures loves them. He was very fast about returning emails and he finished my pictures with all the great edits quickly. The best thing to me, a bride on a budget, was he was very affordable while still maintaining quality work. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Marlene · Married on 06/28/2013

We are so happy with our wedding pictures. Tommy is a fantastic photographer. He was able to get everybody to smile, including our volatile ring bearers! I would highly recommend his services.

Finding and booking a photographer solely online can be a scary thing. I am from Canada and we did not have a chance to meet prior but they have a great online system to accommodate that. Our photographer Ryan was very professional and the photos were absolutely amazing!!!!!

Jenny · Married on 05/26/2013

Tommy is amazing at answering my calls, answering my questions, and letting me know if he will be able to work my wedding or not. He was not able to because his child was born around my wedding. He had someone else who filmed my wedding and it was Sam. Sam was great! he didn't say much, but he got everything at my wedding. My husband and I can re-live our wedding over and over again thanks to Tommy and Sam.

Erika · Married on 05/11/2013

Tommy was fantastic !! Our pictures were amazing ! They were so creative, clear, and fun ! Thank you so much we would definitely consider you for our next big event !