Iowa Diamond Reviews

31 | West Des Moines, IA

31 Reviews for Iowa Diamond

Brianna · Married on 10/14/2017

My fiance and I went together to choose our engagement ring. The ring is beautiful and unique, but what made our experience truly worth while was Gina. Her professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness were as one-of-a-kind as our custom engagement ring. She let us sit with her for nearly four hours before all three of us were comfortable with our ring setting and diamond selection. We never felt pressured to purchase something outside of our price-range, and she really embraced our individual styles to find a ring that compliments both of our personalities. Thanks Gina, and thank you Iowa Diamond!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Wonderful to work with

Iowa Diamond was wonderful to work with. They brought us many options and helped us find the perfect rings for us. Gina was fabulous to work with and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 12/31/2018

We bought my engagement ring, and both of our wedding bands here. At Iowa Diamond, they let you sit in an office and, after talking to you and getting a general idea of what you want, bring the rings in to you. I have never seen an engagement ring like the one we got, and no one I have shown it to has seen one like it. I love that uniqueness, you can't find that everywhere. We got a really good deal on all of our rings, and it was a low pressure environment. The sales woman we worked with wanted nothing more than to help us find the perfect rings.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Jesse · Married on 03/30/2015

I cannot tell you in just a few words how crooked and down right deceptive these people are. Adam is the worst of them all. They unknowingly sold us an uncertified diamond. They were two weeks late in providing our ring, they never did explain why or call to tell us there would be a delay.

Please, do what we should have done.... go to a real jewelry store and save your self the hassle. These people are con artists and scum. Its like your dealing with a dirty used car sale-person.

I have already been bad mouthing them to everyone who will listen, I will continue to leave honest reviews for years to come. DO NOT SHOP WITH ADAM OR IOWA DIAMOND.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Iowa Diamond's reply:

Wow, this one really blindsided us! First, yes, there is no question that we did a very poor job of communicating with this couple but Jesse’s review is riddled with inaccuracies. Our mission is to give every single engagement couple the best possible experience selecting their engagement and wedding jewelry. On the rare occasions that we miss the mark, we do everything possible to first, solve the problem, and then make every necessary correction to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

We sold over 1,000 engagement rings last year and even though we do everything possible to see this kind of thing doesn’t happen. well, unfortunately we’re not perfect.. What’s so confusing about this review is that on exactly the same day as it was posted, we received an email from his fiance’ which read in part, “Adam – I wanted to thank you again for your help last night! I greatly appreciated all that you did to make things right.” Jesse never even met Adam, not once. So, where’s the disconnect?

I realize that sometimes emotions get ahead of reason and I sincerely hope that’s the case here. Please check out the other 27 reviews that are posted as of right now and hopefully they’ll offset this damaging diatribe. You will get a much better picture of what Iowa Diamond is really all about.

Above and beyond! Iowa Diamond provides amazing service. Gina was incredibly helpful and educational in the process of building my engagment ring. She patiently walked us through every element to consider when purchasing a diamond and helped us to find the perfect one! Now I have a beautiful ring that outshines and out sparkles anything you can get from any chain store found in a mall. Iowa Diamond has a customer for life after our positive experiences with them!

• User3932095 · 2+ years ago

We had a wonderful experience working with Iowa Diamond. The service was incredibly professional, thorough, and attentive to what we wanted. They have an incredible selection and will work to meet your desires!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Jenna · Married on 05/15/2014

My fiancé and I really enjoyed our experience at Iowa Diamond. We didn't feel pressured at all and it was a pleasant and exciting experience.

Abbey · Married on 10/26/2013

We had an awesome experience shopping for my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands at Iowa Diamond. We learned a lot, never felt pressured, and found the perfect rings! Adam is amazing! We highly recommend him and the rest of the team!

Sent on 05/15/2014

I've had such a great experience working with Iowa Diamond and Tim Hatling. I felt so comfortable trying all the different rings on and no pressure to buy right then and there. I loved that he would tell us future problems we might have with a certain ring, why or why not is was a good/bad ring, and just the overall experience was phenominal!

Sent on 02/25/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/13/2010

I loved the entire experience of finding my engagement ring & our wedding bands! The salespeople are extremely knowledge and helpful, not to mention kind and understanding! My salesperson was Gina for our wedding bands and she was able to find a perfect wedding band to match my engagement ring, which did not have a matching band.

My husband enjoyed the experience so much that he has gone back for other jewelry purchases... it's our to-go place!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/26/2010

Iowa Diamond was amazing!! I loved that it wasn't in a traditional jewelry store setting, so I felt a lot less pressure to buy something. The people were all super friendly, and worked well with us on our budget. They really worked hard to not get us over the amount we could afford. They also take such amazing care of you after you get your rings there - free polishing, cleaning, and even sautering the rings together! Loved them!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Amy · Married on 05/16/2009

We worked with Gina at Iowa Diamond. They are very professional and took excellent care of us.

Sent on 07/15/2009

Erin · Married on 12/01/2007

We were living out of state but were getting married in Iowa. Iowa Diamond is very flexible and we arranged a time for my engagement ring and wedding ring to be connected days before the wedding. They also have a great collection and the experience is totally different from any other jewelry store. I would recommend everyone to visit this store before they decide where to buy their rings.

Sent on 04/20/2008

We went to Iowa Diamond for both our engagement ring and wedding bands. They were always professional and courteous and even remembered our names and details about us even though it was over a year and a half between visits. They have a very wide selection of rings, when we first went in I had no idea what I wanted in an engagement ring but I was able to (reasonably) quickly narrow down to the perfect ring that I love. The ring is very high quality and I have had a lot of compliments on it. We went in with a better idea of what we wanted for our wedding bands and were able to pick ones that we loved (and complimented my engagement ring). In the end we decided to get bands from a different shop but only because of monetary restrictions. The rings at Iowa Diamond are very good quality, but of course you pay for that. The atmosphere at Iowa Diamond is very nice, a lot better than going to a shop in the mall.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Annie · Married on 07/13/2014

We went to many mall jewelry stores and couldn't find what we were looking for to fit our budget. Within minutes, without an appointment, we saw the Iowa Diamond Difference and found the rings of our dreams.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Amara · Married on 06/28/2014

Iowa Diamond is an amazing place! When my husband and I went in to look for my engagement ring our consultant explained everything to us and didn't show us anything out of our price range. She was really friendly and knowledgeable. I had a couple of diamonds come loose on my setting and they repaired them free of charge. I have sent many friends and sibilings to Iowa Diamond and they have all purchased rings there as well!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Mellissa · Married on 04/25/2009

my boyfriend (husband now) and I went here to look at engagement rings.
    He works late and we were able to get in. We were taken to a private room were Andy/Adam asked my preferences and then brought out a bunch of settings for me. I must have spent hours looking and not finding what I wanted. finally I found about 4 I liked then he brought the diamonds out.
    I picked out the one I am now wearing.
    They stayed within our budget and I just went back to have the ring cleaned when I was told there were a bunch of loose stones. they kept it overnight and when i picked it up, all the scratches had been taken out and it was shinier than ever :)
    I would highly recommend this place to everyone

Sent on 05/12/2009
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/27/2014

They usually ask for appointments, but one of their sales associates was happy to talk to my fiance and I when we just dropped in on a Sunday to find out more about them. I got to hand pick my diamond that they placed in the setting that my fiance and I chose together. They have professionally cleaned, polished and buffed out the scratches in my ring once already for free. They will engrave for no charge and the original sizing is included. It was nice to have a private viewing room and so many choices in one place.

Sent on 02/27/2014

wonderful place to go! My fiance and I picked out my band together and he went back later to pick the diamond size and purchase the ring. Lovely service great price, and theres no pushiness like in a normal jewelry store, and they provide excellent one on one service. Their only downfall was that the ring was supposed to be done 2 days before our one year anniversary (when he was going to propose) and he had the ring engraved with our anniversary date, but the ring was actually done 2 days after our anniversary. Still wonderful service though, just make sure you allow more time!

Landon · Married on 11/27/2010

Had a great experience shopping for engagement and wedding rings at Iowa Diamond. Its quite unlike any other jewelry store. Its NOT high pressure sales by any means, but I equate the experience to car shopping as its personal and private. You work directly with a representative in a quiet office, get to inspect and choose the diamond under magnification, and get a full diamond buying experience. At other diamond stores, you invest in a diamond because its BIG and appears impressive under the retailers fancy cases. Here you invest in a diamond because of its actual quality and appearance without being mounted, without special lighting, and without some special limited time "brand name" design.

I rated the value a 5 star but it necessitates explanation because I don't think you should expect to get a "killer deal". Other jewelry stores might offer "deals or coupons" to provide a better "value" but at the cost of quality. To emphasize, I didn't go to Iowa Diamond to get the best bang for the buck or expecting to be able to get a coupon in the Sunday paper for my purchase, I went there to get an absolutely gorgeous diamond at a fair price. I'm the type of person that prefers quality over the illusion of quality - and we all are to a degree, else everyone would buy cheap, fake Cubic Zirconian rings to represent their love...don't do that - it won't be a secret forever and "happy wife, happy life".

Typically, if you go to other jewelry stores, they'll sell you a huge diamond at a "steal" price. Its the illusion of huge value but the diamond is rarely exceptional in quality. You'll probably pay a little more at Iowa Diamond if you're solely interested in size, but the diamonds are going to be of higher quality and closer to flawless.

Andrea · Married on 11/05/2011

A co-worker recommended Iowa Diamond for when we were ready to start the diamond search. They told us what to expect, not your typical rings behind glass concept. We decided to call and set up an appointment.

I of course, thought I knew exactly what I wanted but we were both a tad bit nervous as we did not know exactly what to expect. After being greeted by the front desk ladies, we sat in the waiting area for a few min and enjoyed a cookie. Our consultant then warmly greeted us and took us to his office. He asked us what our thoughts were for the ring and price range we wanted to stay in. Then the fun began! He brought in stacks of black trays with various designers and designs of rings. It was a no pressure environment and if we found one we liked, I put it on and then if I still liked it, placed it on a separate tray. I ended up narrowing it down to three rings that visit and he told us what the cost of each would be.

The other part of the process was picking out the diamond. He thoroughly explained all the C's and showed us two diamonds side by side to see which we preferred (you might be surprised that sometimes you can barely tell the difference).

I really cannot speak to the actually purchasing of the ring as my fiance did all of that without me knowing which one he picked for me. I do know the consultant was in touch with the designer to specifically discuss my ring.

Fast forward to picking out the wedding bands. We had another great experience! Since my ring was unique in shape, there was not a wedding band that came with it. Our consultant helped us to draft up ideas that would work and helped us pick out the right gold for the band. It was custom made for my ring and was perfectly done! Picking out my fiance's wedding band went pretty smooth. Lots of black trays to go through again. We found the perfect wedding bands!

Picking up the rings was smooth as well. We came in and were warmly greeted and were able to try the rings on again. Our consultant came out and spoke with us again.

Overall, VERY happy with the entire process at Iowa Diamond. They really treat you well. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/25/2012
  • User4152028 · 2+ years ago

Great service with a wide variety of band styles and diamond sizes.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Margi · Married on 03/16/2013

This was a second marriage for both of us and we wanted something different for our rings. Our salesperson was patient and spent two and a half hours showing us rings, until we fould the style we wanted. Then she took even more time letting us decide what stones we wanted. She gave us exactly what we wanted.

My only complaint was with the engraving. She swore that we would be able to engrave what we wanted on the inside of both our rings with out any problem. When it cam time to get that done, I was told it would be easy for my ring to get the engraving "soulbound". On my husband's ring they would not be able to get the whole word. So we asked for the letters SB to be engraved on the inside (one letter on each side of the center gem). We get a call a few days later. They cannot engrave ANYTHING on my ring. Then when we picked up the rings they had put both letters on the same side of the gem. To some people this is not a big deal. To us is was important, but we were not going to get rid of our rings and in the end no one was going to see it or know that it was there but us..... Moral of the story really look at the inside of the ring and make sure there is a smooth section if you want it to be engraved.

Sent on 04/17/2013

Erin · Married on 07/30/2011

2.0

We loved almost everything about Iowa Diamond. Their selection is fabulous and their prices are very reasonable. I knew that I wanted something interesting and unique and after looking at several other places, we couldn't find anything. My now husband went to Iowa Diamond by himself one afternoon and loved everything about his experience. They were attentive and had a great selection. He found my ring and I love it!

A few months before our wedding, we went and selected my husband's ring. Again, they were very helpful and attentive and he found exactly what he wanted. We ordered it that day and said that it would arrive in about 3-5 weeks. After 7 weeks had passed, we hadn't heard anything from them, so we called and were assured that it would be here in time for the wedding.

Four days before the wedding, his ring arrived and luckily it fit him perfectly. They were extremely apologetic in the fact that it took so long to get, but it was a bit stressful.

All in all though, they were awesome to work with!

Sent on 08/25/2011