Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry Reviews

Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry 5
  • Abby

Abby Gorenstien · Married on 04/20/2019

Best Rabbi Around

Look no further. Rabbi Barry married us in April of this year and every time we see or talk to one of our guests the first thing they mention is how great the Rabbi was. We had an interfaith wedding. He set the tone for an amazing wedding full of love, great connections, lots of humor, and a greater understanding for the diversity of our families' rich histories and cultures. He was considerate, hilarious, engaging and helped to form connections between all of our guests. He made the ceremony about us and our relationship, and how that relates to the traditions of a Jewish ceremony. Our ceremony was personalized and really reflected us as a couple and as individuals. We plan to ask Barry to officiate all of our future Jewish ceremonies. Barry also designed and personalized our Ketubah and it was exactly what we asked for. It is our most beloved piece of artwork in our home. I wish we could do it all over again and again with Barry as the Rabbi.

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Heidi

Heidi Stolper · Married on 02/09/2019

Kind, professional and knowledgeable.

I really enjoyed our wedding experience with Rabbi Tuchman, he was very easy to work with and provided a lot of details on different ways to create out perfect ceremony. I learned a lot about a Ketubah and I loved the ones he offers. I felt like he was responsive to all my concerns and made sure he was at the wedding on time and just provided the best experience I could want. Thank you Rabbi Tuchman!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry 7
    Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry 8
    Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry 9
    Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry 10

Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry's reply:

Thank you Heidi! You both were a delight to work with and I hope to follow up with you both over the years.

Kevin Goldman · Married on 01/26/2019

Truly A Wedding With Spirit

Rabbi Barry created a beautiful ceremony for us. I was raised Jewish but my wife was not. It was important to me to have a Jewish wedding and Rabbi Barry made it amazing. He brought in spirituality and explained the traditional customs. He was funny and sentimental and encouraged us to make our ceremony personal. My mother in law helped decorate the chuppah, he had us bring a picture of our dog to put on the main table, and he created our amazingly beautiful Ketubah. Our guests loved Rabbi Barry as did we. We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 03/13/2019

David and Elizabeth · Married on 08/28/2018

From the very beginning communications with Rabbi Barry were easy. We had several meetings prior to the wedding to make our arrangements, all of which were very enjoyable, and left us excited for the big day. These meetings effectively eliminated any surprises on our wedding day. Also, being that neither of us are Jewish, the ceremony was still eloquently executed by Rabbi Barry. He helped us bridge together our interfaith family in a way that could not have been more serene. We can never thank Rabbi Barry enough for leaving us with such a beautiful memory to treasure always.

-David and Eliza

Sent on 08/08/2018

Abigail · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing officiant and ceremony!

Rabbi Barry co-officiated an Interfaith wedding for us with Father Jerry Bellamy in August and the ceremony was incredibly memorable. We have had many comments on how beautiful it was, and a lot of our guests thought it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they'd ever experienced. The officiants used a perfect combination of humor and sentiment throughout, the passages that were read were on point and highlighted both my Jewish faith and my husband's Catholic faith. I would highly recommend Rabbi Barry for any wedding ceremony. You will not be disappointed! He also designed an incredibly beautiful Ketubah for us.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/28/2018

Rabbi Barry created our Ketubah. I have to say it is the most beautiful Ketubah I have ever seen! We were very excited to fully customize our Ketubah with symbols and text that are meaningful to us. It was fun to design the Ketubah in an interactive manner with him; we'd have an idea and he would send us some examples of the digital art. We repeated this process many, many times until we landed on an incredibly meaningful beautiful legal document we will always cherish.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/05/2018

I cant begin to describe how grateful I am for rabbi Barry.
    First I would like to say that I am catholic and my husband is Jewish, as you can imagine I was concerned about how this ceremony would play out because of our elders. I wanted to respect everyone involved. Since I am not practicing my religion and my husband is I thought it would be nice to have a rabbi do our ceremony. I found Barry via the interweb and got in contact with him. He made everything easy from the very beginning and I just had a wonderful feeling about him.... fast forward to wedding day and he executed the sweetest ceremony I have ever seen. He did things so warmly. I wish I could tell you what he said exactly but the whole day was a blur. I have no idea what he said but I do remember how he made me feel and that is worth so much more to me. He is marvelous and anyone would be lucky to have him on any occasion that he may be needed.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Thyda · Married on 04/28/2018

Rabbi Barry helped us to build our wedding ceremony early on in the process, and did an excellent job officiating our wedding. Because ours is an interfaith marriage, there were many guests who had never been to a Jewish ceremony. So many people told us that they loved how Rabbi Barry explained Jewish traditions while adding a unique humor and fun spirit to the ceremony. We are very thankful to Rabbi Barry for making our ceremony such a memorable one!

Sent on 06/02/2018

laura · Married on 09/17/2017

Rabbi Barry is warm hearted spirited Rabbi who did a beautiful job delivering our ceremony to our guests. It was almost like having a story teller entertain everyone yet marry us at the same time. His kind eyes and beautiful soul radiate and put both my groom and I as well as our families at ease. We also had him make our Katubah which was a work of art - it will be treasured forever in our home. He did a wonderful job and we highly recommend him to Jewish and interfaith couples.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Stas · Married on 09/02/2017

We are beyond grateful to Rabbi Barry! Hire him! My wife and I (and many others) spend hundreds of hours over this past year planning our beautiful wedding. There were hardly any free weekends that we had to ourselves and there were many more nights that we stayed up with the planning into the night compared to the nights that we got to go to bed before 11pm. All of your planning and hard work, comes down to that one single moment when you stand there looking into each other's eyes ready to become united as one. Our guests flew in from all over the country and we even had guests who flew in from as far away as India so you want to make sure that the ceremony is as memorable to your guests as it is to you. Ours definitely was and I cannot tell you how many people came up to us or called us after the ceremony and said that they have never been to a better ceremony.

We met with a number of Rabbis before finding Rabbi Barry. To us the choice was clear and we even wanted to take Rabbi Barry out to dinner before the ceremony so that we were up there as friends. Rabbi Barry easily caters the ceremony to your liking. We chose to have everything in English since none of our guests spoke Hebrew, and Rabbi Barry used a lot of personal things we told him about ourselves along with beautiful metaphors to make the ceremony not only special but interesting, entertaining and with just the right amount of humor infused.

Thank you, Rabbi Barry, for making our ceremony as memorable as the rest of our wedding day. Oh... make sure that you use the Rabbi to get your personalized Ketubah. We love ours!

Sent on 09/11/2017

C · Married on 06/24/2017

Rabbi Tuchman was awesome! He was informative, helpful, and all-around wonderful. He took time to get to know us and what we wanted. We could not have been happier.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

Rabbi Barry officiated my interfaith wedding ceremony (my husband and his family are not Jewish) but we had a Jewish ceremony. He did a great job of incorporating some specific Jewish elements and explaining them so everyone could understand. He also kept the mood on the lighter side by incorporating some small jokes. I personally really liked this about him because it is so nerve wracking standing up there! it also helped to keep the crowd engaged. I would highly recommend him, he has a great personality that really shines through when officiating. If you want people to actually pay attention during your wedding ceremony, go with Rabbi Barry!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Mike · Married on 06/08/2017

Great person to work with, extremely professional, and delivers excellent flower arrangements on the wedding day. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2017

Rabbi Barry was amazing!! We wanted a Jewish wedding but don't belong to a temple. We had read some positive reviews online and decided to reach out to Rabbi Barry. He was very responsive and called us right away after our first email. He was very reasonably priced and kind on the phone. We used FaceTime to "meet" after we booked him. We discussed our ketubah and the type of ceremony we wanted. Most of the guests at our wedding were not Jewish so he made sure to put together a ceremony that would be multi faith friendly and explanatory. We checked in a few times leading up to the wedding day. He moved down to San Clemente during our planning process and still made the drive all the way to Camarillo without adding a travel fee. The ceremony went off without a hitch and it was beautiful. Everyone loved it, and it was the one part of the wedding all of our guests raved about all night. Rabbi Barry made sure to follow up with us a week after the wedding to give us the relevant info about our marriage certificates. He was really an amazing person to work with, and he made our wedding ceremony perfect and complete, infusing the right amount of spirit and comedy. Thank you Rabbi Barry!!!!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Harry · Married on 04/08/2017

My wife and I had Rabbi Barry officiate our wedding in April, 2017 My wife is Catholic and I am Jewish so finding someone to do an interfaith wedding is a challenge. Rabbi Barry was great and helped us design a ceremony that fit us and represented both of our religions. I highly recommend him !

Sent on 12/30/2017

Erica · Married on 12/02/2016

Rabbi Barry was such a pleasure to work with! He's so personable and really makes you feel like you have known each other forever! We love his way of thinking and received so many compliments on our Interfaith service. Our guests said it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they have ever been too. He also designed our personalized Ketubah which came out beautiful! I highly recommend Rabbi Barry for a Jewish or Interfaith wedding!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Rabbi Barry was so amazing. He has married many of my friends and family! Our experience was great. He is welcoming and sweet. Worked with our personal style and shared his wisdom. We had a blast and our ceremony was very engaging.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Jonathan · Married on 10/09/2016

We had the pleasure of having Rabbi Barry officiate our wedding and could not be happier. He was very accommodating to our distinct cultures (Persian/Korean) and made sure everything went smoothly during the ceremony. We feel very blessed that he was a part of bringing our families together and have already had guests request us for his information for their own upcoming marriages.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Scott · Married on 09/03/2016

I don't write reviews often, but this is one case when a review is absolutely warranted. Simply put, Rabbi Barry did a phenomenal job as the Officiant for the wedding of my wife and I on 09/03/2016. Initially, both my wife and I were a little worried about the fact that we had family attending the ceremony who were from Jewish, Christian, and non-religious backgrounds. Rabbi Barry did a superb job working with us ahead of time to tailor the ceremony in a way that honored my wife's Jewish traditions, clearly communicated the importance of those traditions in a way that gave them universal appeal to the non-Jewish guests, and incorporated a tasteful touch of humor that kept everyone engaged throughout the ceremony. My wife and I had multiple guests - from all religious backgrounds - approach us later in the evening to comment on how Rabbi Barry's ceremony was actually the best wedding ceremony they had ever seen (and we couldn't agree more). Furthermore, Rabbi Barry has a talent for customizing Ketubahs. He encouraged us to help him craft a Ketubah that incorporated some personal touches into an already beautiful work of art. The result is something that will hang on our wall for the rest of our lives. I can't recommend Rabbi Barry highly enough - he is an incredibly talented Rabbi and Officiant who we hope to keep in contact with throughout our marriage.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Interfaith Weddings & Custom Ketubahs by Rabbi Barry's reply:

Thank you so much. This will really help. Let's do keep in touch. Not many do but I feel something special with you both.

Ashlee · Married on 08/20/2016

Within the first minute of speaking with Rabbi Barry I knew he would be perfect for our wedding. In fact, I felt enlightened after every conversation I had with him. He truly cares about the couples he works with and seeks to make their ceremony true to their personality. So many of our family and friends said it was one of the most memorable ceremonies they had attended because of the words Rabbi Barry spoke. We felt honored to have him there with us on our very special day. If you're looking for an interfaith Rabbi, Barry Tuchman will give you a ceremony that fits who you are as a couple with humor, meaning, and lots of love.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Jenny · Married on 08/07/2016

Rabbi Barry Tuchman was very pleasant to deal with and made us feel very comfortable throughout our wedding day . He was very funny and calming I definitely recommend him for any ceremonies he did a magnificent job . Our chuppah was everything we ever imagined and got many compliments of how great of a rabbi we had . He did a wonderful job and I definitely recommend him for any future ceremonies .

Sent on 08/31/2016

Teresa · Married on 07/30/2016

Rabbi Berry was the Officiant for our wedding. He also helped create our ketubah. He was the Rabbi at a few of my friends weddings and did a great job there. So we went with him and he was no different with our wedding. He is fun and easy to work with . He also explains everything very well and customizes the ceremony to exactly what we wanted. We were happy and so were our guests. Also, out ketubah is beautiful and will be a part of our art collection at home. Thank you Rabbi Berry

Sent on 08/25/2016

Natalya · Married on 06/26/2016

Rabbi Barry just performed our wedding this weekend and we couldn't be happier.. Personalized, Spiritual, Soulful..thank you Rabbi Barry!!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Ashleigh · Married on 05/28/2016

Rabbi Barry was one of the most talked about aspects of our wedding - people of all denominations were amazed at how charismatic and charming he was and how he added such a nice touch to what would have been another just average ceremony.

Thank you Rabbi Barry for sharing our special day with us and adding an experience that we will never forget!

Sent on 07/11/2016