Interfaith Clergy Network Reviews

66 | Commack, NY

66 Reviews for Interfaith Clergy Network

• amrakus615

Amy · Married on 05/30/2009

Interfaith Clergy is one of the best companies to use if you are entering into a mixed marriage. They are very organized and flexible when it comes to planning out the ceremony. They have great communication and are not judgemental about anyone's beliefs or views regarding the ceremony format. Rev. Indano & Rabbi Perelmuter did my ceremony and they did an absolutely wonderful job! I highly recommend them to interfaith couples who are having a hard time booking a clergy.

Sent on 06/23/2009

J · Married on 08/16/2008

Cantor Berris is a kind, caring, warm and exceptionally wonderful person. I am infinitely happy that we chose him to perform our wedding. Not only were my wife and I happy with him, but many of our guests expressed that his genuine warmth connected them also. We loved Cantor Berris so much that we asked (and I am happy to say that he accepted) him to preside over my daughters baby naming ceremony. Your wedding will be a very special day where you will want every last detail to be perfect. Choosing Cantor Berris to preside over your ceremony is, in my opinion, an excellent choice.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Irina · Married on 07/15/2006

This service was excellent. The rabbi and priest were both professional and made my husband and I feel comfortable and confident. We would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/27/2008

Ashley · Married on 07/26/2014

Cantor Neil Berris was an amazing officiant for our wedding and helped us build a ceremony that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. Neil is a warm, caring, funny, guy who was flexible, open, responsive and articulate. My husband is Jewish and I am agnostic... I was a little weary about bringing too much religion into our ceremony. Cantor Neil helped me understand into the Jewish traditions in person and let us customize the ceremony to our liking. We had the ceremony on a Saturday before sundown.

The day of the wedding he was on the ball, helping with our Ketubah signing... he led the ceremony with passion and humor. Our guests said it was one of the most touching and memorable ceremonies they had ever been to. Thanks Neil!

Sent on 08/02/2014

erin · Married on 07/31/2011

My husband being Jewish and I Catholic had us in a very big discussion about what to do for our ceremony. Of course, I grew up imagining myself walking down a long Church aisle to the altar and he saw himself breaking a glass under a chupah. We met with Father Maione and Rabbi Berris one afternoon and knew it was a perfect match. They did a fabulous job working with us to make our ceremony personal to our "love story" while incorporating all of the important aspects of both faiths. It was important to me that my wedding be recognized by the Church and to both of us that our marriage be blessed. Everything was so beautiful. I took off a bit of one star only because they had gotten my name wrong during the ceremony (said my sister's name-TWICE!!) but it has become a family joke now and another life-time memory from our special day.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Christine · Married on 07/03/2011

We are so happy with our choice of interfaith clergy for our wedding! Rabbi Berris and Father Maione were very helpful, understanding and flexible with helping us plan our interfaith ceremony. We live in California but were married in NJ, so we did not meet Rabbi Berris or Father Jim (Father Maione was sick and couldn’t make the actual wedding but he had an excellent replacement ready) until the actual wedding day but we could not be more pleased with how everything went. Both Father Maione and Rabbi Berris were available via phone to work with us and delivered the ceremony we wanted on our wedding day. We got many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was and how it combined both faiths - which really worked for US. I could not recommend them more! The price is steep, but worth every penny to have a beautiful, hassle free wedding ceremony that involves both families’ faiths.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Staci · Married on 07/13/2008

Rabbi Berris and Dr. Harris were sweet and helpful throughout!

Sent on 08/13/2008
  • christine

christine · Married on 11/12/2011

Interfaith Clergy Network was a LIFESAVER for my fiance and I. I can not tell you how difficult it was to plan something that accommodated both sets of parents. While I had always intended on creating an "equal" ceremony that celebrated both of our faiths equally, it became difficult when my fiance's parents got involved. Interfaith Clergy immediately knew where we were coming from and helped us plan the exact ceremony we were looking for. We are a not-very-religious couple who never thought it would be difficult to plan a day that showcased our love for one another- until our parents got involved. Interfaith Clergy comes highly recommended by both Catholic self and my Jewish husband. We couldn't be happier with how the ceremony turned out and we received MANY compliments from both the Jewish attendees and the Catholics. I can't say enough about Interfaith Clergy Network! Saved the day! ...and my sanity.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Karen · Married on 10/01/2011

Cantor Neil Berris performed our ceremony with my priest. He did a wonderful job! He traveled to meet with us and was respectful of how we wanted to incorporate both religions into our ceremony. He was very easy going and meshed well with the priest. Everyone loved our ceremony and it was wonderful having Cantor Neil Berris to officiate for us.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2009

Interfaith clergy is a MUST for anyone having an interfaith wedding. Rabbi Berris is such a sweetheart and Father Maione was great, too. They really adapt the ceremony to anything you want and it is a wonderful blend of both faiths. Our families were so happy to have both faiths represented, as were we, and it was done in a beautiful way. People had never been to an interfaith ceremony before and they thought it was done so well, and really interesting.

Sent on 05/18/2009

My fiance is Orthodox Christian and I am Jewish, and our heritage is important to each of us, so it took us quite a while to find a solution for our wedding ceremony that could incorporate both faiths and sets of traditions. Cantor Berris and Father Ditzel was a fantastic solution. Cantor Berris met with us over Skype several teams throughout the planning process, worked with us to craft our ceremony and bring in the traditions that were most important to each of us, and guided us through the process professionally. He and Father Ditzel executed a beautiful ceremony the day of our wedding - we were really pleased and received many complements from our guests! The Ketubah signing ceremony was also a really positive surprise for both of us. Our only "ding" is with responsiveness... there were several times in our (rather long) planning process that he did not respond to emails for quite a while, and sometimes I had to follow up several times or give a call to get a response.

Sent on 07/27/2015

alaina · Married on 09/16/2012

We had the pleasure of having Cantor Neil Berris as our officiant. He did a wonderful job and several of our guests said we had the best ceremony they had ever been to. Cantor Berris allowed us to personalize the ceremony as we chose and met with us multiple times to get to know us before officiating. Wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • FallBride2008

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2008

3.5

We chose the Interfaith Clergy network after attending our friends' interfaith ceremony. It was beautiful! Rabbi Green & Father McGuinness were selected as our officiants and we couldn't have been more thrilled with how well they worked through our ceremony. We met with each of them separately and feel like each of them really cared about getting to know us as a individuals and as a couple. Anytime we had a question, comment or concern, we felt comfortable calling/e-mailing both Rabbi Green & Father McGuinness. Each responded kindly & quickly and worked with us to ensure our wedding ceremony would be exactly what we were looking for. My guests raved about the unique ceremony and loved how we combined our two faiths to from our union. It was a beautiful ceremony. I think the $1000.00 charge for two officiants is a bit steep but we wouldn't take it back for a second. In fact, my cousin who is engaged and was not planning on having a conventional wedding, is now considering using the Interfaith Clergy (Rabbi Green & Father McGuinness) to host his own ceremony. It truly was beautiful.

Sent on 10/16/2008

Rebecca · Married on 06/24/2017

3.8
      3.5

As a Catholic/Jewish couple it was a great relief to have access to the ICN, who matched us up with a Catholic priest and a rabbi for our big day. Both ministers were friendly, sensitive and available to answer our questions. They did their best to make our ceremony accessible to our guests. It’s a bit pricey, but worth it -- they were instrumental in giving us happy memories that will last the rest of our lives.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Amy · Married on 07/19/2008

3.6
      3.0

A little pricey for their 15 minutes of service and only met with us once before the wedding. However, when the ceremony actually happened I couldn't have been happier and Father Maione and Rabbi Berris created a beautiful ceremony for us.

Sent on 08/10/2008

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2011

3.4
      3.0

Rabbi Berris married us with priest Father Katziner (from St. Ephrems parish in bensalem) on 10-22-11 at Blue Bell country Club.

We wrote our own ceremony and the Rabbi and priest worked with us the entire way. They were very flexible and respected our different values and religious backgrounds. They made sure we were comfortable with the service and easily adapted to our needs.

The rabbi even suggested to us that we have the priest sign the ketubah as well - which was something we hadn't even considered. Now we have a beautiful ketubah to hang out on wall that really does incorporate both of our religious "leaders" - a great idea by the Rabbi.

The day of the wedding the Rabbi was a bit strict about the ceremony rehearsal and the ketubah signing (a few people may have gotten yelled at for talking too much....) but everything did run smoothly the day of the wedding.

We would recommend using Interfaith Clergy, they are much more flexible than other Rabbi's we had talked to before making a final decision.

Sent on 12/26/2011