Interfaith Clergy Network Reviews

56 | Commack, NY

56 Reviews for Interfaith Clergy Network

56 Interfaith Clergy Network Reviews

danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

Cantor Neil co-officiated our Jewish-Catholic wedding celebration on Cape Cod. From our initial phone call to our big day, Cantor Neil was responsive, professional and organized every step of the way. We would highly recommend him and his services!

Rose · Married on 09/01/2018

Cantor Berris was awesome! He facetimed with us before we selected him as our Cantor (he lived decently far away from us), he traveled to our home to meet with us to smooth over details for the wedding, and he co-performed an amazing ceremony with our Reverend. Our ceremony hit the important religious notes for both our families (Jewish and Christian), without leaning too far on one side or the other. It was perfect!

Michelle · Married on 06/03/2018

6/3/18
    Canto Neil Berris: A+++
    Cantor Berris showed up to the venue early, was very personably, pleasant, friendly, patient and accommodating. He came prepared with everything we needed for the ceremony including the kiddish cup, kosher wine and glass to step on. He was everything we were looking for and more. Couldn’t have asked for a better person to officiate our wedding. Highly recommend if you are looking for a reformed Cantor or a cantor that does interfaith weddings!!!!!

Interfaith Clergy Network 1
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 04/07/2018

Cantor Neil officiated our interfaith wedding alongside a Catholic priest. He did an absolutely wonderful job collaborating with the priest, and my husband and I, leading up to the event. We all met in person and discussed the order of events, the Jewish customs that we would be including, and everyone's role in the ceremony. He is extremely timely with his response and answered any questions that we had. He is a kind and sincere man who helped lead a beautiful ceremony the day of our wedding. Our guests are RAVING about our interfaith ceremony and how beautifully done it was. He helped us combine both the Jewish and Catholic faiths in a fluid and coherent manner. He is extremely well spoken & did a wonderful job officiating our special day. Highly recommend, you will feel so at ease during your ceremony with him!!

lauren · Married on 12/06/2017

Cantor Berris officiated our June 2017 wedding and we could not have asked for a better ceremony. In the many months leading up to the wedding he continuously checked in with my fiancé and me, asking us about our vision for our ceremony, and encouraging us to incorporate meaningful symbols from my spouse's Chinese background. He responded to our emails quickly, and thoroughly answered any question we had. He quelled any concerns about the non-traditional Jewish ceremony we were having and brought out the best elements in his program. We received so many compliments from our guests about how special and touching the ceremony was. Cantor Berris even learned a few words in Chinese to make the Chinese guests in attendance feel at home. We're so lucky to have had him lead our ceremony.

Julie · Married on 10/01/2017

Cantor Neil berris was so sweet and professional!! He provided a beautiful ceremony. He didnt make it feel as if it was just another wedding he truely takes pride in what he does. I would highly recommend him!!

Anna · Married on 09/23/2017

When planning our wedding we knew the hardest part would be finding someone to officiate our ceremony, we were looking for someone that understand our values, cultures and beliefs when it comes to being a catholic and jewish couple. We found the perfect person with Cantor Neil and with his help Fr Rusconi. Our ceremony blended the two faiths perfectly with Fr Rusconi even signing our Kettubah!!

• _

__ · Married on 09/09/2017

Cantor Berris officiated our wedding in September and he was amazing! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony. We had so many people come up to us after to tell us how wonderful he was! He was so patient, kind, and professional throughout the whole process, it made our lives so much easier with that aspect of planning. I would highly recommend Cantor Berris, you definitely will not regret it!

Eric · Married on 09/03/2017

Cantor Neil Berris was absolutely great!! His attention to detail made for a great ceremony, and we received nothing but compliments on how well he officiated. I am catholic and my wife is Jewish,; Cantor Berris made sure to include traditions for both of our religions so that we may celebrate this joyous occasion without having anyone feel slighted. I really can't say enough great things...they truly were great every step of the way

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2017

Cantor Neil and Father John were both amazing and made our wedding that much more special. The attention to detail and support from the moment we contacted them was over the top. We heard nothing but great things from both sides of our family and couldn't recommend them an higher. Thank you both so much for making our special day that much better

Perri · Married on 05/20/2017

Cantor Neil A. Berris was the officiant at our wedding on May 20, 2017. He wed two of my friends in 2015. Months before the wedding, he met with us in person to truly get to know each of us at our apartment in New York City. He helped me pick out my kettubah and always made himself available to answer our questions. He conducted a beautiful Jewish ceremony. We highly recommend working with Cantor Neil Berris. He is also marrying my sister November 2017 so I look forward to seeing him then!!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Cantor Berris. Coming from a different faith, I felt extremely comfortable working with Cantor Berris. I trusted that he and my families priest would put together a beautiful interfaith ceremony. From the first steps, the process was very seamless and smooth. I'd recommend Cantor Berries and the Interfaith Clergy Network to anyone looking for a beautiful, special and well organized interfaith wedding ceremony.

Tim · Married on 10/30/2016

Cantor Berris performed our wedding ceremony at the Bernard's Inn on October 30, 2016. Cantor Berris was extremely professional and made my wife and I feel very comfortable the entire time. The respect and love Cantor Berris has for his faith is evident. We will recommend Cantor Berris and the Interfaith Clergy Network to anyone looking to get married.

Troy · Married on 10/22/2016

We were so fortunate to have Cantor Neil A. Berris as the officiant at our wedding. Months before the wedding, he met with us in person to truly get to know each of us and personalize the ceremony. He always made himself available to answer our questions. While interfaith marriages can be challenging, he was able to blend traditions of both religions to conduct a beautiful ceremony. Cantor Berris is one of the most caring, genuine, and enthusiastic individuals we have met in our lives. We highly recommend working with Cantor Neil Berris if you want your wedding to be special and spiritual.

Amy · Married on 10/21/2016

My husband is Jewish and I am Catholic. Interfaith Clergy Network worked with my priest to put together a custom ceremony that was special to both our religions and families. Couldn't have been happier!

Victoria · Married on 08/14/2016

Cantor Berris and Reverend Ken were amazing. They were both so accommodating and were so mindful of my husbands and my families religions and preferences. They both spent time getting to know us and our families. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and they both did a wonderful job, were very in sync with one another and made every aspect of it spectacular. Thank you so much!

Jaclyn · Married on 07/03/2016

We HIGHLY recommend the Interfaith Clergy Network for your interfaith wedding. My husband is Catholic and I am Jewish - Cantor Berris and Monsignor Rusconi were the dream team. There are not enough positive things we can say about them. First of all, let me explain that even though they live in NJ and NY they traveled to Bensalem, PA to marry us (we got married at the Pen Ryn Mansion there). We also got married on a holiday weekend (July 3, 2016) and that was not a problem for them at all. They were both such a pleasure to work with. They individually met with us and spent an enormous amount of time getting to know us and reviewing what we wanted for our ceremony. They also communicated with us frequently throughout the planning process and were responsive with email & phone. On the day of the wedding, they were prompt, professional, and beyond friendly. They did an excellent job of incorporating the Jewish and Catholic traditions into one ceremony. Our guests raved about the ceremony and were touched by the personalization and traditions demonstrated by Cantor Berris and Monsignor Rusconi. Additionally, Cantor Berris did a beautiful job with the Ketubah signing and made that such a memorable moment for us in the midst of everything. Of note, my husband also received the Sacrament of Marriage from the Catholic church, which was extremely important to him. Monsignor Rusconi did an AMAZING job of getting approval from the Arch Dioceses of Philadelphia to marry us and taking care of all necessary paperwork. When we returned from our two-week honeymoon, the marriage license was waiting for us in the mail (which he had already taken care of). You can tell Cantor Berris and Monsignor Rusconi have a great working relationship and that they truly believe in marrying two people, regardless of their faiths. Our ceremony was a dream come true and we highly recommend them for your interfaith wedding. We hope that we can use them again in the future for other events!!!

Diane · Married on 06/25/2016

I contacted Cantor Berris regarding my son's wedding. He was wonderful to work with and very helpful with every detail. Since Cantor Berris was already booked for my son's wedding date, he recommended Rabbi Debra Smith who was very professional and equally a pleasure to work with. My son's fiance provided the Deacon who worked together with Rabbi Debra for a balanced and beautiful ceremony. Everyone was very pleased with the service which was very respectful to both faiths. Although Cantor Berris was not performing the ceremony, he was always available to answer any questions or concerns. I would highly recommend Interfaith Clergy Network.

Cantor Neil and Father Richard officiated a beautiful Jewish/Catholic wedding ceremony for us in Bedford, New York. My husband and I were married previously by a spiritual humanist minister, and we wanted to honor our marriage in a religious as well as in a legal manner. They walked us through every step of the process, explaining the intricacies of each religious tradition and ensuring that the wedding included traditions from both of our faiths. And, they helped us to initiate a religious "remarriage" by explaining what we would need to do from a legal perspective as well. The ceremony was meaningful, funny, lighthearted and emotional, and our friends and families commented that it was one of the loveliest ceremonies they had ever been to. Cantor Neil and Father Richard were also very flexible; we had to change the date of our ceremony and they were incredibly accommodating. We would highly recommend Interfaith Clergy Network - they truly went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was perfect.

Briar · Married on 01/17/2016

Cantor Berris and Deacon Goglia did a magnificent job officiating my and my husband's marriage at Westbury Manor on 1/17/2016. We were able to fully blend our religious traditions and personalize the ceremony. Both officiants were very responsive to changes, and always able to contact when needed. The Interfaith Clergy Network was recommended to me by two friends who were married by the same officiants 6 months before our wedding. I would 100% recommend the Interfaith Clergy Network.

I look forward to working with the Cantor and the Deacon in the future, regarding offspring religious celebrations.

It was a pleasure working with Cantor Berris. We had no prior relationship with him, but he took the time to get to know us—he seemed genuinely interested in our lives and our relationship. He co-officiated with a family friend of ours, and he did a wonderful job incorporating our friend into the ceremony, and making sure that both of our religions were represented. He was responsive to our requests—certain things we wanted or didn't in the ceremony—and very easy to work with. And the ceremony itself was funny, personal, and meaningful. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2015

Cantor Neil Berris, we cannot say enough nice things about this man. From the very first time we contacted him it was like a breath of fresh air. Scott and I had spent a considerable amount of time researching and contacting officiants that would perform an interfaith marriage. We were in complete shock to find that although the state of marriage has evolved in this country, as have the ideas about what constitutes a marriage have evolved, it is still not acceptable in some faiths to have an interfaith marriage. We were beating our heads against the wall when trying to speak to anyone that could perform the ceremony. Then a shining light came into our world when Cantor Neil Berris agreed to perform our wedding ceremony - my husband is Jewish (reform) and I am evangelical. When we first booked Cantor Berris he suggested that we should include some representation of my faith and so we incorporated Reverend Orlando Ortiz (who is my uncle). Cantor Berris not only worked amazingly well with my uncle to finalize the wedding ceremony but he also took charge when we needed him to (no small task in my family). Beyond the efforts in the ceremony and planning process he was also incredibly kind to us and spoke freely with us about the challenges of our marriage as well as the blessings of it. We can't thank Cantor Berris enough for traveling out to fire island to perform our sunset ceremony or for being so kind to us and our families and encouraging as well. He was amazing and very appreciated.

Stephanie · Married on 09/19/2015

Cantor Berris was a wonderful person to work with! From our first phone conversation to our first meeting, he was a pleasure. Planning a wedding can have it's stressful moments, but it was lovely to work with someone so genuinely happy for us and helpful in so many ways. Our ceremony was the perfect blend of religious tradition and modern day words of blessing and encouragement. We had two ceremonies, one in a church and a second Jewish ceremony prior to our reception. Cantor Berris was accommodating and understanding of both religions and beautifully captured the Jewish tradition while understanding both faiths were present. We received many compliments and praise on Cantor Berris and I would recommend him to any friend looking for a Jewish Ceremony or interfaith ceremony.

Emily · Married on 07/11/2015

It took my husband and I a while to find an officiant/officiants that truly understood us and what we were looking for in our wedding ceremony. We wanted a pair that would represent both our faiths (I'm Catholic and he's Jewish), and honor the unique union we have together. That is exactly what we found in Cantor Berris and Father Ditzel. They were amazing from our first phone call to the day of! My favorite part about working with them was that they took great care in getting to know us individually and as a couple in order to accurate represent us on the big day. Everything was exactly how we wanted it, and both Cantor Berris and Father Ditzel were extremely reassuring throughout the entire process. After the ceremony everyone came up to us saying how beautiful it was, and how they wished they had incorporated their different faiths into their service like we had. It was simply the best. I feel so lucky to have found them to officiate on our big day!

Julia · Married on 05/31/2015

Intefaith Clergy Network came to my husband and I as a recommendation from my cousin who used the organization years back. We couldn’t be happier with how our ceremony turned out. Cantor Neil Berris was such a pleasure to work with from the very start of our engagement all the way to our wedding day. Cantor Berris and Reverend Russel Ditzel did an amazing job incorporating both of our religions into our wedding ceremony. Many of our guests said it was the best interfaith ceremony they have attended with a great balance of our religions. Both Cantor and Reverend took the time to sit down during stages of planning to discuss different aspects of our ceremony and they always made it a priority to listen to what we wanted. Unfortunately, 9 months prior to our wedding, our family suffered a tragic loss and Cantor Berris was there for us immediately in person for support, which shows just how genuine of a person he is. Interfaith Clergy Network is the way to go!