InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta Reviews

15 Reviews for InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta

• Mindy

Mindy Ellin · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Couldn't have been happier

We looked at all sorts of hotels for our daughter's wedding. The Intercontinental/Buckhead was by far the best quality and also a great value. The location is superb...right in the hub of Buckhead, yet convenient to Midtown and Downtown. Our guests raved about the rooms, the service and the amenities. We also utilized a bridal suite and a hospitality room, which both couldn't have been nicer! Lisa Wetherald and her team made the entire process from booking to check in and check out an easy and efficient process. We could not have imagined hosting our guests anywhere else!

Sent on 02/14/2020

Lynn Saperstein · Married on 09/14/2019

Excellent responsiveness

Fabulous catering team that dealt personally and professionally to all of our concerns.

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • I

Ilene · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding weekend

My daughter was married at the intercontinental on June 15, 2019. From day 1 , Brian and Lisa in the catering dept were extremely helpful, responsive and full of ideas in all aspects of the planning and executing the entire weekend. The night of the wedding was perfect!! The ceremony, food and service were excellent. I highly recommend having your special wedding or event at the Intercontinental. It was an amazing night we will never forget! I cannot thank them enough!!!
    Ilene Schulman

Sent on 06/20/2019

Susan · Married on 05/26/2019

A Dream Come True

It was a fairy tale wedding that we chose to have at the Intercontinental Hotel in Buckhead, Atlanta. Brian Ettelman and Lisa Wetherald were the ultimate professionals in helping us plan and implement our dream event. They were so easy to work with and gave great experienced advice and promised us that our event would be exactly what we had planned. And, it was! The service was way beyond our expectations, the food was delicious and served hot. The wait staff was courteous and obliging and as far as I can tell, the party went off without a hitch. I give all the credit to Brian and Lisa and their team for providing us the emotional support and the ultimate in customer service in fulfilling my daughters "dream wedding". I would without hesitation recommend the Intercontinental to anyone looking to have an event as it was an absolute pleasure working with each and everyone involved.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Bob · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing wedding venue with equally amazing service

Brian, Lisa, and the staff at InterContinental Buckhead were exceptional from first contact, completion of our reception, and post checkout from our palatial bridal suite.
    Brian was very responsive and flexible from our first inquiry throughout the entire process.
    The venue was very nice, the food was out of this world, and the staff was professional, helpful, and very courteous.
    Brian and Lisa made the event one to remember. Our guests said it was amazing and their only complaint was that it was over too quickly.
    Don’t even get us started on the bridal suite! Wowzer!
    The whole experience was even more memorable because this is my wife’s second home and we are now InterContiental lifers because they made good on their promise to give us an event we would never forget.

Thank you so very much for making our wedding day wonderful.

P.S. the picture was that unexpected extra touch that keeps the memory of our day extra special and fresh in our minds.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Mary Kate · Married on 08/25/2018

It’s hard to put in to words how incredible by our experience at Intercontinental was for our wedding day. From the first phone call before we booked the venue to our wedding weekend, the service and attention to detail was exceptional. Organizing such a big event can be stressful, but Lisa made the process easy for us and was incredibly professional from start to finish. I planned my whole wedding myself and communicated with all my vendors directly, so let me tell you how helpful it was that Lisa was always prompt and efficient when getting back to me if I had any questions. There was no question too big or small. Her reliability put my mind at ease throughout the whole process. Our guests were blown away by how friendly and accommodating the staff were at the hotel. And our guests were so complimentary of the food and the incredible service that came with it. After the reception, we returned to our suite to find a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a photo of us (from the reception!) framed by our bedside with a congratulatory note from the staff. We already knew we chose the right place to have our reception but it’s details like this that set the Intercontinental apart. It was truly a pleasure hosting our event there. Thank you for being a part of our big day and helping make it so memorable!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Shari · Married on 07/29/2018

We were so thrilled with how you worked with us with every detail from the different spaces/rooms for the ceremony, hospitality, ketubah, just to name a few. We loved how we all were able to work on the menu and received great input from you all along the way. The room diagram that you all drafted and worked effortlessly with Wilbur and Eventscapes made it so special so that we all could work together.
    We also want to tell you how wonderful the entire staff was during the weekend. Everyone from the valet, always greeting us with a smile to the bellman complementing me on having everything in one room to make it easier. The wait staff throughout the
    weekend were so attentive as well. During the cocktail hour, when they came out with their trays of food, they would make sure to come over our way to make sure that we tasted each of the passed hor'derves. What a nice touch! The captains always came over to not only introduce themselves, but to make sure that we all had everything that we needed.
    We so appreciate you all making sure that everything went smoothly and always being there with us from the check-in on Friday, to the rehearsal on Saturday evening, the wedding itself and even the brunch.
    It really was an amazing weekend! We thought that the rooms all looked perfect and we are so glad we had our wedding at The Intercontinental Hotel with your help! We can't wait to see the pictures and video! We will definitely share them with you!
    Thanks again for everything! We are still smiling!

Sent on 08/16/2018
  • W

Wedding · Married on 10/07/2017

Our guests raved about the attentiveness they received from the hotel and catering staff throughout the ceremony and reception and how wonderful the food was! Our catering team, Brian and Lisa, were top notch! Creative, responsive, flexible and fun! We loved this venue and team. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

Wow, there are not enough words to describe the simply amazing wedding experience we had at the Intercontinental. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change wedding venues for a 165 guest wedding 5 weeks out from the date. Our Planner, Leah Economos EEP Events, had the Intercontinental on the shortlist of venues that had availability 5 weeks out from our event.
    Based on everything we heard we couldn’t wait to sign the contract and it was the best decision we made. I, the bride, have serious gluten and dairy allergies, and it was imperative to me that the food during the wedding weekend be free of any cross contamination otherwise I would have been too sick to walk down the aisle.
    When we arrived at the tasting I was blown away at the chef’s creativity and their attention to my allergies. Every single hors d'oeuvre and entree was complete gluten free, dairy free and delicious.
    Brian and Lisa were wizards at working with our planner Leah to knock out all the details in a few short weeks.
    The staff at the Intercontinental were nothing short of amazing and courteous to us and all of our guests. We had a threat of a hurricane coming in the evening of our wedding which was set to the be in the Windsor Garden and Venetian Ballroom. Thankfully it held off long enough for our ceremony but Brian had an excellent contingency plan just in case.
    Dinner at the reception was executed flawlessly. An entire army of waitstaff served all 165 guests in minutes. It was incredible, not a single table left waiting for their food while others ate. Not a single wine glass was left dry. They were incredibly attentive to every guest at the reception. Each and every one of the guests commented on how incredible the food was and how amazing the entire wedding went.
    Brian and Lisa were absolutely incredible and the night went beautifully at the Intercontinental because of them. The wedding was an absolute dream and could not have gone any better.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Thanmaya · Married on 09/30/2017

Great place for our wedding. Brian, Lisa and their team at InterContinental did a wonderful job at meeting our needs and special requests. Would happily recommend to future brides.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Adaeze · Married on 11/10/2018

A Beautiful Day to Forever Remember!

Brian and Lisa were very attentive to our needs. I loved how responsive they were every time we had questions. We were coming in from Denver for our wedding in Atlanta, we needed to work with people who could accommodate some of our impromptu visits. The InterContinental Buckhead is my favourite hotel in Atlanta and it was one of my wedding wishes and I am happy to say it came true.
    Thank you!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Jason · Married on 07/29/2018

It was great working with the whole team. We had an amazing wedding.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Rachel · Married on 07/29/2018

Thank you for helping make our day so special!! We had such a fantastic experience!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Paymon · Married on 05/29/2011

3.8
      3.0

Beautiful ballroom, very professional and cordial staff on the day of the wedding. The food was exceptional, all of our guests commented on it (kosher menu). We did have a few issues with them however, but none that would deter us from reccomendding them to others. 1) Kerri Leadbetter, their on-site wedding coordinator, is not the most pleasant person to deal with. From the first time I met her I was extremely put off by her moodiness and pushiness. When I emailed requesting the fountain be turned off for our outdoor wedding ceremony, she told me that would defeat the purpose of having an outdoor wedding...yes, we chose to have an outdoor ceremony for your fountain. I eventually had to go myself to the engineering department on the day of my wedding and tell them to turn it off. At other times she was surprisingly pleasant, so I guess it evened out? Overall, we recommend the InterContinental to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding venue.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Meredith · Married on 07/01/2006

2.8
      3.5
      2.0
      3.0

The Intercontinental Buckhead is a beautiful venue for a wedding reception and the food was 5-star. However, we ran into some creative differences for our wedding reception with the management. We were over charged for our wedding night rooms and still haven't received a refund a year and a half later. Watch your pocketbooks!

Sent on 11/18/2007