Insignia Steakhouse Reviews

75 | Smithtown, NY

75 Reviews for Insignia Steakhouse

75 Insignia Steakhouse Reviews

Ginta · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely amazing experience. Mirela, our contact person for managing our intimate wedding, went above and beyond to make our wedding day as special as can be. Highly recommend the venue and the food, great value as well!

Melissa · Married on 09/30/2018

We had the absolute most perfect day ever. A year and 8 months to plan and Insignia was with us every step of the way, answering questions, helping with modifications (there were many). The day went smoothly and everything looked incredible. Many of our guests contacted us the following day to tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The food was absolutely incredible and Mirela and our servers took wonderful care of us. We truly could not have asked for a better team of lovely people. Thank you to Insignia for helping us create the best day of our lives.

Alexandra · Married on 09/29/2018

We had our wedding at Insignia on 07/28 and from start to finish it was amazing! Mirela and her team were top notch. I did not have to worry or think about anything all I had to do was have a good time. They worked with me to set up the rooms exactly how I envisioned it and it was absolutely stunning. Our personal server Sean was phenomenal. He was there the entire day I was never with out food or a drink or anything else I needed. The food was outrageous. My guests are still talking about how it was the best "wedding food" they have ever had. It was not catering hall food at all it was delicious steak house food. I could not have asked for a better day! They made my wedding dreams come true! me and my husband are actually going back on our one month anniversary to enjoy the food again. Definitely go to Insignia and you will fall in love immediately.

Insignia Steakhouse 3

Steven · Married on 09/29/2018

All of our guests could not stop talking about the food and the exceptional service they experienced at Inisignia. We have probably been there at least a dozen times for dinner, but this was our first time being there for a wedding, and thankfully it was OUR wedding! We could not have asked for a better ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception. Every single pass around hors d'oeuvres was better than the next, and the sushi was fresh and incredible. The dinner was equally as amazing and after asking several guest what they chose, each meal was delicious (Filet, Strip, Skirt, Sea Bass, Salmon, etc). I didn't hear one negative thing the entire day except that it went too fast! Thank you again for all of your attention and guidance throughout the entire process. You cannot find a better venue on Long Island for a wedding. #facts

Insignia Steakhouse 4
    Insignia Steakhouse 9
    Insignia Steakhouse 10
    Insignia Steakhouse 11

Marivie · Married on 09/16/2018

Insignia is where we had one of THE BEST days of our lives! I knew I wanted to have my reception here the moment I started my search. I really thought it was going to be out of our budget but we made it happen! Mirela (the maitre’d) is a sweetheart and an absolute pleasure to work with! She is very organized, very responsive to any questions and concerns you may have and made sure the party ran smoothly! The servers were attentive to our guests! The bartenders (Jessica and Michael) kept the drinks flowing and that kept our guests VERY happy!! Insignia is yours for the day-the patios, the bar area, dining room etc. The food is outstanding-it was creative, delicious and quite memorable. The apps did not disappoint-duck tacos, sliders and bacon to name a few. Our guests raved about how the steak and salmon were cooked so perfectly. And the drinks spot on!!! (The drinks pretty much sealed the deal for us-make sure to try them ALL!! Our out of town guests even mentioned they would be back for a meal here!
    Our friends and family can’t stop talking about what an amazing party we had! Our guests have requested we throw a party for our 1 year vow renewal! We couldn’t have been happier with our choice to celebrate our marriage at Insignia! It really went sooo fast make sure you take a moment to soak it all in and enjoy your special day!
    Thanks a million Mirela and staff! You really set the bar high!!!

Insignia Steakhouse 12
    Insignia Steakhouse 19
  • Lona

Lona · Married on 09/09/2018

Amazing experience!

Insignia Steakhouse NAILED it! I truly had the best wedding experience on 9/9/18 and Insignia was the main reason for it. My husband and I are far from a traditional couple so when it came to picking a venue for our wedding we knew we wanted something uniquely different than your typical wedding hall atmosphere and Insignia was exactly that. We only had to visit two places to realize Insignia was the one. Not only were we immediately swept away with the gorgeous decor, delicious food and the option to have the entire restaurant to ourselves, it was really Mirela, our Banquet Sales Manager, who solidified our decision to book with Insignia for our wedding day ceremony and reception. Her sweet and welcoming, yet very professional personality made us feel like we were immediately in great hands. And we were! My husband, who is not the easiest to please, left our initial meeting so impressed by Mirela’s ability to sense our needs and cater to our personalities to a tee. She never once tried to oversell or make us feel like we had to book. She worked with us on pricing, answered each and every email (and there were a ton!) quickly and in detail, reassuring me everything would be perfect. And it truly was! She really was my go to girl for everything! On the day of Mirela coordinated everything to perfection, working with her staff and all of our other vendors on setup, scheduling and flow. Even when a few curve balls came her way, Mirela and team were on point! The food, service, and decor was outstanding! The compliments have not stopped and we couldn’t be happier with how it all turned out! To any future couple looking for an outside of the box venue that flawlessly delivers, I highly recommend Insignia Steakhouse!

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2018

One word with our experience so far with Insignia- amazing! ☺️

Dina · Married on 09/07/2018

There are no words to describe just how perfect our Insignia reception was, let alone the entire planning process leading up to our big day...absolute perfection! We met with Mirela back in April of 2018 in search of a venue for our September 7, 2018 wedding. My husband and I had a long list of must haves and no location was able to meet them until we met with Mirela, our wedding coordinator at Insignia. Over the next 6 months Mirela responsed to every crazy email, request and even last minute overwhelmed bride melt-down tantrum with not only an extremely prompt response but also the perfect solution. No request was ever too big or a problem. We cannot say enough good things about her. Such a pleasure. And Mirela kept it up and was right by our side throughout the reception, making sure all our needs were met and that everything ran on schedule. Mirela’s example was followed by the entire staff. Every server at our reception was beyond attentive and even intuitive to the needs of our guests. The service was just impeccable! And of course the food was to die for. It’s a week later and people are still calling and texting talking about how that was not only the best wedding food they have ever had, but the best meal they have ever had. Insignia was hands down absolute perfection from start to finish and made our wedding our favorite day ever.

Insignia Steakhouse 20
    Insignia Steakhouse 21
    Insignia Steakhouse 22
    Insignia Steakhouse 23
    Insignia Steakhouse 24

dana · Married on 07/15/2018

This day can't be described because it was BEYOND fantastic. this venue really delivered the wedding of my dreams! Mirela and Amir were a pleasure to work with and made this day stress free. people are still talking about my wedding 3 months later. Premium liquor and fancy cocktail hour was a huge hit. I wouldn't change a thing about the whole day. one thing that really stuck out the morning of was when my little boy went to out on his shoes and they didn't fit. I was panicking about him walking down the aisle with his socks.. right before the ceremony Mirela ran to the nearest Payless an purchased hi the right size shoe and rushed it back to us. it saved the day. The restaurant is very flexible with add ons. the tasting was great, we were treated like royalty. I felt like I was in Manhattan at a fancy club partying with all of my close friends and family. thank you to insignia for all that you did for us on that day

Insignia Steakhouse 25

Trisha · Married on 07/07/2018

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! We wanted our wedding to stand out and be special and it was all that and more!!! I had how many people come up to me afterwards to tell me that our wedding was the best they've ever been to! Everyone's been to so many weddings and they've all become very cookie cutter but Insignia will give you a wedding that will knock everyone's socks off!!! The food was so great I felt like everyone who was there was giving us compliments (and they're still calling us about it)! Mirela was absolutely fantastic! Not only was she super sweet while answering ALL my questions but her attention to detail was unbelievable. I even had people complimenting the staff and how attentive they were and we had a buffet! Insignia gave us an absolutely breathtaking wedding that was unlike anything any of our guests had been to and they're still raving about it!!!

Carissa · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at Insignia and we cannot say enough fabulous things about both this venue and the staff. The food was incredible, atmosphere amazing and everyone that works here is out of this world. Our guests are still raving about the food! Said it was the best wedding they’ve ever been too! Thank you Insignia!

Kristi · Married on 01/06/2018

We had the most perfect wedding at Insignia on January 6th 2018. I cannot say enough good things about this venue. This was a second marriage for both my husband and I and so we were looking for a different experience, rather than your typical Long Island wedding. We wanted a small, elegant affair to share with some close friends and family and a top notch dining experience. As soon as we walked in and spoke with Mirela, we knew we had to book our wedding here and we couldn’t have been happier.
    Our day was perfect. Everyone on staff was friendly, extremely attentive and so professional. I can’t say enough about the food-it is unbelievable. My guests are still talking about how amazing the cocktail hour and dinner was. As a gluten-free bride and a foodie, I was apprehensive about what my choices would be. Mirela worked closely with me and staff to make sure I had a variety of things to eat. They also accommodated guests that had special dietary needs. It is this kind of attention to detail that helps make Insignia so special. This venue is also beautiful, and the wine cellar was a nice place to take wedding pictures.
    Originally, we had met with Mirela and worked with her on most of the plans. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. Just a few weeks before the wedding, Mirela informed me that she was not going to be available the day of our wedding but assured me that we are in good hands with Keri. As a bride, I was a little uneasy about this transition but after meeting with Keri, all of my anxiety disappeared. Keri is not only a genuinely sweet person, Keri went above and beyond to make sure this day was special in every way. I received so many compliments from family, guests and vendors on how she made every transition seamless.
    I would like to thank Mirela and Keri and everyone at Insignia for making our wedding day so special. If you are considering booking your wedding at Insignia, you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend Insignia. ~Kristi & Mike

Kerryn · Married on 10/21/2017

I had my wedding at Insignia on 10/21/17, and it was the most incredible experience and best choice I made for my wedding. This was the first and last venue I saw - I was sold on the first meeting with Mirela and booked it that evening. The atmosphere is classic, casual and comfortable and it was the perfect blend of elegant and laid back that made our wedding even more enjoyable. Mirela was attentive for over a year to every detail and question, and made me feel so special and important. The food and drinks were amazing and I haven't stopped hearing about it since! I highly recommend this venue for all aspects - the staff (friendly, attentive), food (5 stars) and ambiance. Pick Insignia for your wedding!

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2017

Our wedding at Insignia was amazing! From the moment we went to tour there, we knew it was the venue for us! We had been there for dinner several times and already knew about the food and quality of service and once we met with our wedding coordinator, we chose a date! She was so flexible and worked with me as I had to change our date several times in the beginning. She was prompt at answering emails throughout the 15 month period from the time we booked until our wedding date. I am super organized and I just loved how she copied my email into hers and responded to each and every question and comment throughout my email, ensuring nothing was missed. We were able to plan out all of the details and we didn't have anything to worry about. I was so stress-free and all of the staff just knows how to run a wedding. We had the entire place and all of the attention was on us. We were waited on like royalty and I always had a fresh drink and was able to sit down for cocktail hour and dinner and truly enjoy my afternoon! We planned our first look before the ceremony and they were accommodating when it had rained but I really wanted pictures outside on the patio. All of the servers were out there drying everything off until the sun finally came out. They transitioned the ceremony space into the reception space and nothing went wrong. They placed my decor around (that I was able to drop off the day before) and it all looked amazing. Would do it all over again! Such a great experience. Still getting constant compliments just over 3 months later about the rooms, the food, the service, the drinks, everything!! Couldn't be happier!

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2017

I don’t even know where to begin! Insignia is amazing! Since the moment I drove past the restaurant in 2014, I knew this was where I wanted to have my wedding. From day one, Mirela was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was always available when we had questions or needed to come in and discuss wedding day plans! She was incredible and I can’t express enough how amazing she was! The entire crew/staff at Insignia made our wedding day a dream! Highly highly recommend!

Leann · Married on 10/07/2017

We can't say enough positive things about our wedding experience at Insignia! We just got married on 10/22. We planned our wedding for a year with Mirela and she was amazing all throughout our journey together. She is extremely professional and went above and beyond to help us.

If you're looking for a unique place to have your ceremony/reception, Insignia is the place! Our guests are still raving about the food, ambience, and the staff at Insignia. We've received many quotes from our guests, "Hands down best wedding we've ever been to." We attribute that great compliment to Mirela, her staff, and Insignia!

Brennan · Married on 10/01/2017

I cannot sing Insignia's praises enough! The venue has such a great flow and layout, there's really something for everyone. I know my family enjoyed spreading out, some hit the dance floor and others preferred the more quiet outdoor seating area-
    but everyone was still close to the action. besides the venue being unique and beautiful on it's own, the food was incredible and such a wide spread- no one left hungry. Mirela was nothing short of incredible throughout the whole process. Anything I needed at any point, especially the day of- she knew what I needed and when and was there every step of the way to make sure my husband and I were happy. There was absolutely nothing to stress about because Insignia took care of everything! best. venue. ever.

Jacqueline · Married on 09/23/2017

There are no words to accurately describe how incredible this venue or the events manager, Mirela is. I was looking for something non-traditional and Insignia was the perfect fit. The food and drinks are amazing. The space is beautiful. The service is extremely professional and attentive. They took care of absolutely everything. Mirela is phenomenal at her job. She answered every single question I had and made me feel so calm throughout the whole process. I'm going to miss emailing with her once a week. She truly is a star and I'm beyond grateful to her and the whole staff at Insignia for helping make our wedding day unforgettable. Two weeks later I'm still getting calls about how amazing everything was!

Rose · Married on 09/16/2017

We are beyond happy we chose this venue! Our guests have not stopped raving about our wedding and it's all thanks to this wonderful venue. Mirela was a DREAM, she made it all come together and we are beyond satisfied! We highly recommend this venue, it's a diamond in a ruff!

Donna · Married on 08/27/2017

What an amazing wedding insignia provides. I cant say enough about this restaurant they made our day very special. Keri who organize the wedding and works for insignia went above and beyond to do anything and everything to make our day so special .

Lisa · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I had our reception at Insignia Steakhouse and it was amazing from the beginning until the end. Mirela and her staff were EXTREMELY accommodating including last minute changes and unexpected mistakes on our part. The guests were RAVING the entire night to us and all of their friends at work (small world because it came back to us!) about how amazing everything was. The food was OUTSTANDING and the service was INCREDIBLE. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day. HIGHLY recommended!!!!

Christine · Married on 08/12/2017

At 34 years old, I was the last of my friends to get married but it made it worth the wait when ALL of my friends told me my wedding was the best one! Insignia is so different, refreshing and over the top amazing! I still get choked up thinking about how incredibly perfect my day was. My guests are still raving about the food, decor and staff. It was better than the day I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl. If you're planning your special day, you NEED to stop here before you book. You will be blown away as I was!
    Congratulations and Best of Luck to all you future beautiful Brides!

• Z

zohra · Married on 07/29/2017

Insignia left us speechless, in addition to our wedding guests! Words can not express how amazing Insignia made our wedding reception. The venue is absolutely stunning, we did not need to jazz it up with crazy decor because the venue speaks for itself! The FOOD and DRINKS were out of this world. Our guests are still calling us to tell us how delicious the cocktail hour was, dinner and dessert in addition to how great the venue was. They loved the outdoor seating!! Mirella the event organizer really went above and beyond to make our day SO perfect. Her attention to detail is impeccable, I had given her some decor to place around for a personalized touch and it turned out beautiful. She made sure my husband and I ate, had a drink in our hands and helped make the entire event flow. Keeping us on track with time, without stressing us out one bit. I had no idea how to bushel my dress, Mirella came to the rescue and boom! My dress was bussled and I was back on the dance floor. She also did a fantastic job organizing our bridal party, and helped when the ring bearer wanted to be held and calmed him down (How sweet?!). Insignia was truly a dream come true, and defiantly a venue that blew other venues out the water! They truly cater to YOU on your special day, since they only host one event. What a wonder day we had, and can't wait to come back for our anniversary.

Diana · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I got married at Insignia on July 15, 2017 and it was beyond anything we had dreamed or imagined it would be. Mirela and the entire staff were simply AMAZING!! The food was incredible, drinks were tasty and the cool, laid back vibe flowed perfectly through out the day. This was our dream wedding day come true!!