Inns of Aurora Reviews

18 | Aurora, NY

18 Reviews for Inns of Aurora

Katie · Married on 05/20/2017

Everything about the Inns of Aurora is perfect and we could not be happier that we chose this venue for our wedding!! Heather Davidson, their on-site coordinator, helped us every step of the way since day one – she was always available with advice and helpful tips on picking vendors, choosing day of details, or really any wedding related question of which we could think. She is AMAZING! The venue itself is also so beautiful and the entire wedding party was able to stay on site at the Inn and the other houses on the property. The staff was very accommodating and made sure everyone had a great time the entire weekend. On the wedding day itself, everything went absolutely seamlessly thanks to Heather and all the staff and we had nothing to worry about. All our guests raved about the Inn and how delicious the food was. I would 100% recommend the Aurora Inn to everyone and I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 06/27/2017

janine · Married on 04/25/2015

OUTSTANDING place to have your wedding! My new husband and I married at The E.B. Morgan House and had our reception in the Lakeview Room at The Aurora Inn. Everything was top notch! It is a spectacular venue visually, inside and out, and the staff catered to our every need. Food, cake: all EXCELLENT! Kudos especially to Heather, our wedding coordinator, who took care of every last detail for us. Innkeeper Emily also provided us with a beautiful stay. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Janine and Doug

Sent on 05/06/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 12/13/2014

We had a small winter wedding at Aurora Inn, which we planned from Florida without seeing the venue until the day before the wedding. We could not be more pleased with the experience from beginning to end. This is an absolutely perfect and gorgeous venue and I wouldn't change a single thing about it or our wedding.

The ceremony and reception were both held in the Lakeside Room at Aurora Inn, where the staff efficiently changed the configuration between ceremony and reception. For the world class experience, the price is very reasonable with no hidden fees or mark ups. The staff caters to every whim and treats you and your guests like royalty. I've never been anywhere with such above-and-beyond service.

Planning and execution were stress-free and the wedding coordinator, Heather, is amazing and prompt with responses. I hate making phone calls and was able to plan everything with her via email. She's practically a wedding planner. She rented larger tables for us, found rental chairs at the last moment, and even had someone to start our pre-ceremony playlist, switch the songs (and fade out) for each processional, start the recessional, and start the reception playlist. I didn't have to worry about a thing, including set-up and take-down of decorations. I explained what I wanted, went to get my hair and make up done, and came back to everything set up exactly as I wanted it. The staff packed up all of our stuff and it appeared in our room the next day while we were out.

Since we planned the wedding from another state, we purchased 90% of the decorations and accessories online and we were allowed to ship them to Aurora Inn and have them stored. They gave us free use of their closets.

We opted for family style menu and the food was incredible. We also had our cake made at Inns of Aurora and it was the most delicious wedding cake either of us have ever eaten, decorated exactly like the picture I provided. It tastes just as amazing a year later.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2014

We had our wedding here in August 2014 and were absolutely blown away by the whole experience, from the first day of planning to the big day! Heather, the Inn's wedding coordinator is amazing! She will help you every step of the way and give you the best recommendations. I can actually say that planning was easy and totally enjoyable! The grounds are exquisite and every thing we dreamed of. I cannot brag more about this place! Every moment of our wedding was just perfect. We cannot wait to go back for our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2013

Love this venue!!!! It is stunning, and the staff is extremely attentive! Heather was so helpful and organized, I can't imagined how it would've turned out with her help!! The venue is gorgeous, the food is fabulous, and everyone had such an amazing time at our wedding. I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Marianne · Married on 07/30/2011

This place is gorgeous and the staff is top notch. They do an amazing job. Can't say enough positive things about the Aurora Inn (except that the guest rooms, though beautiful, are expensive). I have been very involved in the planning process of a number of sister and friend weddings and the staff at the Aurora Inn, specifically Heather, goes above and beyond the call of duty. So many of my guests have actually told me that we had the nicest wedding they had ever been to and that the setting and the food were truly the best. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/18/2011

Bridgette · Married on 08/15/2009

Our wedding at the Aurora Inn was absolutely fabulous. It turned out even more beautiful then we could have imagined. Perfect setting with the ceremony right on Cayuga Lake and we had the reception outside under the tent with the lake as a nice background. We couldn't have asked for a better location. The food (catered by the Inn) was amazing. Heather (our coordinator at the Inn) was awesome, she took care of every little detail and made sure everything ran smoothly. She did more then we expected her to do and was the main reason our wedding went as well as it could have. We were planning the wedding from California and we know we could not have done it with out the help of Heather. It was such a wonderful day and we could not have asked for anything better. Since the first day we visited the site to check things out, everyone was very helpful, flexible, and friendly. Overall no complaints and would highly recommend this site to anyone wanting to get married in the Fingerlake region.

Sent on 08/27/2009

Jessica · Married on 09/20/2008

Aurora Inn is a one of a kind place to have a wedding!! The location is beyond beautiful, offering a special quality that would be hard to find just anywhere. The Inn is beautifully decorated with an amazing history behind it in an even more beautiful setting! Best of all, everything came included in our price per person for the ceremony so there were no hidden charges or add ons. You get SO MUCH bang for your buck with this place!

Sent on 10/31/2008

Tina · Married on 10/06/2007

If you are looking for the most gorgeous lakeside setting on the planet, without leaving the country, then head to New York's Finger Lakes wine country for the most beautiful wedding site. The Aurora Inn and the EB Morgan House are both gems in this gorgeous lil area on Cayuga Lake.

Sent on 07/25/2008

Megan · Married on 08/19/2006

I would highly recommend the Aurora Inn for couples looking for a beautiful place to get married in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. The staff was incredibly helpful and professional. The food (provided through the Inn) was absolutely amazing thanks to chef Greg Rhodes.

Sent on 11/15/2006
  • Peggy

Peggy · Married on 09/04/2011

I recently had my wedding at Aurora Inn and really couldn't be happier. The place was so gorgeous. The wedding package came with an onsite coordinator and a wonderful team. They were really helpful. Everything was so nicely put together on our day. Our coordinator, Heather, was really awesome. She was very professional and went above and beyond to help us solve numerous problems. Although I had a small wedding, I felt the service level and attention I received was the same as others who had bigger weddings. I was so glad for my choice to have my wedding at Aurora Inn. My husband and I even said we would come back for our anniversary.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Christina · Married on 08/05/2012

From a simple Google search, I found this magical and just breathtaking venue. We live in Rochester, and The Aurora Inn is an hour and a half away from us, so we had never even heard of it before looking for the perfect venue for our small intimate wedding for 30 guests. We had dreamed of getting married and celebrating water-side, and this lakefront Inn is just the most perfect place. It is very reminiscent of Charleston, SC in its historical details, but yet fully modernized. The food was perfect, and I am vegan so they were so accommodating with my food restrictions. All my guests raved about the food. The rooms were also perfect and the bathrooms so beautiful, as we stayed the night of our wedding.

However, what really sets this venue apart from the rest was Heather Davidson, the event planner. She is the most kind person I have met in this industry, and she was always so helpful and made us feel like we were the only wedding she has ever worked on. We had a crazy wedding day due to weather (very windy, then rain for 15 minutes, then sunny for the rest of the night!), and she was so accommodating with suggestions and recommendations to work around the weather. She even provided us with rental speakers (additional cost) so we could play our own music without needing a DJ. If you need a trusting, beautiful venue/food/accommodations, chose the Aurora Inn! You will be amazed by the work this place does – its top notch.

Sent on 08/14/2012
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 04/16/2011

This was an awesome awesome place. Very beautiful, very professional!!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Daniel · Married on 09/06/2009

Our Wedding at the Aurora Inn was truly amazing. The location is beautiful and the staff was great. The wedding coordinator (Heather) was great and was very helpful throughout the entire planning process. We made many trips to Aurora to meet with Heather and she was always great about making time to meet with us even when it was last minute. On the day of the wedding Heather took care of everything and we did not have to worry about anything. The food was amazing and was exquisitely served. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was. We also had our cake made by the pastry chef at the Aurora Inn. We could not have asked for a better cake. It was delicious and it was decorated just the way we wanted it.

We are confident that you will not be disappointed if you decide to have your wedding at the Aurora Inn. It is a little bit expensive, but once you have your wedding there you will realize that it is well worth it.

Sent on 10/29/2009
  • Liz

Elizabeth · Married on 09/27/2008

The wedding coordinator at the Aurora (Heather) is absolutely fabulous. She is very flexible and aware of your needs, and she bends over backwards to make sure your day is perfect. While the location is relatively expensive, we were very pleased and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2012

The Aurora Inn is the most beautiful setting to hold a wedding ceremony. We were so lucky to be able to book the last available Saturday in the summer. All of our guests had to travel anywhere from an hour to six hours by car, and some more by plane, so we wanted to make sure we chose the perfect place to welcome our guests to. We went with the Aurora Inn over other venues in the Finger Lakes area due to how impressed we were with the Cayuga Lake backdrop for the ceremony, the beautiful grounds, the reputation of the delicious food, the feeling of history, and the outstanding service. Heather, the wedding coordinator, is so helpful and accommodating and she was so easy to work with. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been to. We would highly recommend having your wedding here!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Wedding planning staff were easy to work with and helpful with coordinating other vendors and services. The food was not only sophisticated and elegant in presentation but also in taste. The E.B. Morgan House was the perfect location for housing the wedding party.

Sent on 02/17/2015

1.6
      1.0
      2.5
      0.0
      1.0

I had such high hopes for this venue. I fell in love with it the moment we walked out back and saw the lake. After Jennifer, the reservations manager walked us through we reserved our wedding on 8/30/13 (all that was left). Once we made our deposit the nightmares started. We soon realized that the Inn had NO rooms left for us or our guests to stay in on our wedding night as they had been blocked for the Sat wedding. No on told us this when we reserved!! It was not listed on the contract, etc. Jenn was rude when confronted and NEVER apologized. What wedding venue doesn't save a block of rooms if they offer a wedding on that day? We were told if the Sat wedding got through their A-C wedding list we could have whatever was left over. Thanks. The only saving grace for this place was their wedding coordinator Heather. She is super friendly, answers questions and understands the stress. The day of went off w/o any major glitches (we had a fly, nat problem by the lake and dinner). I had to ask for bug spray (the Inn should spray for this) and it was solved. Food/cake was AMAZING! My only other major complaint was the next morning (we were able to reserve 1 room) our decor was just piled up outside the dance/ballroom. I had to spend 1.5 hours re- packing everything with no help from the INN. (No one else was there to help since they couldn't get a room) Not Ok! Everything should have been re-packed and waiting. My warning- get EVERYTHING in writing and be weary that most staff doesn't care once they have your $.

Sent on 01/03/2014