The Inn at Vint Hill Reviews

63 | Warrenton, VA

63 Reviews for The Inn at Vint Hill

Nesli O. · Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing! I am in love

The most beautiful venue I have ever been to. It rained on our wedding day and I am so happy it did because we got to have our ceremony inside. Dawn & Scott and they’re whole team were absolutely incredible through the entire experience. I couldn’t find time to be stressed at all, everything was so perfect. I am hoping more of my friends get married here so I can come back! Or I’ll just pop in to say hi and enjoy some of the best cookies I’ve ever had :)

Sent on 05/31/2021
  • Adry

Adry A. · Married on 10/09/2020

Amazing Venue!

Wow where to begin. I have so many things to say about this place it’s almost overwhelming.
    My husband and I had begun looking at venues at the beginning of the Covid scares- late February and early March. During this time we got very close to signing with a barn in Middleburg not too far from the Inn. I’m really glad it fell through as I’ve heard a horror story from another couple who did have their wedding there during this time. All the same, the Inn from the beginning provided a completely different customer experience. The owners Dawn and Scott both met us during our initial visit and made it abundantly clear that they do business professionally. They are flexible with regards to the details on the contract, the are excellent communicators, and the will work proactively with us to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Come the big day, they delivered above and beyond expectations in every category. Not only did they accommodate our desires regarding spacing for COVID, our custom menu, and our changes in anticipated guest count as well as communicating exceptionally well every step of the way- making sure we understood the exact way the day would go and how they had our backs should things go away. But they also took care of the little details and patiently put us to ease when the stresses and pressures of day came around and we started to freak out, delivered the best meals any of us had ever had, acted as the day of planner to coordinate the DJ and many other things, and really just over all made sure that we had the best wedding reception and best party any of us could’ve hoped for in normal times, not to mention during Covid craziness.
    We cannot even begin to express the extent of our gratitude for how Dawn and Scott made this day as special and seamless as they did. They have our eternal gratitude.

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Emilie

Emilie H. · Married on 10/11/2019

The best day!

Can't say enough about Dawn and Scott! They were wonderful and venue itself was beautiful! We had a successful rain plan but thank god we didn't have to use it! Our wedding day had the best weather! We got lucky to use the new tent and flooring! Dawn was so helpful during the planning process and even more helpful day of. The food was delicious and the bar tending was absolutely perfect! To the point that I was sought out on the dance floor by the bartender refilling my wine (ABSOLUTELY PERFECT). Can't thank Dawn and Scott enough! This is the most perfect and affordable venue!! They also host two tastings per year for upcoming brides and grooms to see the venue, try the food, and they invite local vendors to set up booths. It helped me so much during my planning and its an added bonus to booking with them.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 08/31/2019

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner

We held our Rehearsal Dinner at the Inn at Vint Hill and loved working with Dawn and her husband! We were able to completely make the menu our own and were even able to bring our own family Polish sausage to have served as appetizers. Dawn and her team were flexible and allowed us to truly set up the rooms to meet our needs. She worked with our budget and our event ran smoothly! Thank you to everyone at the Inn at Vint Hill!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin S. · Married on 05/18/2019

The most amazing place to have your special day

The Inn at Vint Hill was a dream come true for our wedding. Dawn and Scott treated us like family when we walked through the door and made sure that we had everything that we needed to make our day a success. They are the easiest people to work with, the have a BEAUTIFUL venue (for rain or shine), and the catering they provide is mouthwatering. We cannot wait to go back and visit!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely Perfect! Scott & Dawn are AMAZING!

There are not enough words to say thank you to Scott and Dawn and their team. The Inn at Vint Hill was the first venue that my fiance and I visited during the wedding venue search. We knew walking in this was the place for us. Visited only one other spot and knew without a doubt that this was our venue.

Dawn and Scott made us feel like we were a part of their family during every interaction and the space itself was incredible. It is an incredible value in the DC area. We loved being able to have everything in one spot. Having access to the venue for 11 hours the day of the wedding was amazing. We were lucky and able to set a few things up the day before, but with 11 hours on the day, our coordinators could come in early and set up, the bridal part could get there early and relax, and then all of our friends and family loved the space.

Rob helped us track down a few specific liquors to share with our guests that we loved and wanted to share. Scott and Dawn make the food in house and we had multiple folks come up to us before the night was over raving about the food. Honestly, I could have eaten it all two times over.

When the rain decided to hit minutes before walking down the aisle outside, their team moved in full speed, got all of our 70 guests and DJ inside with 15 minutes and made the ceremony space look amazing and like it was always supposed to be inside. Their team does not miss a beat.

Even with the insane rain at the end of the night, the tent stayed nice and dry and we kept dancing the night away. "Your wedding and the venue feels like it was straight out of pinterest" was the best compliment the next day.

If you are considering the Inn, do yourself a favor and book it! You will not be disappointed. Be sure to go to their seasonal tasting visits too so you can sample some of their yummy food and meet potential vendors too. As I write this, my only sadness is that our wedding is over and we cannot have another night there. It is amazing and I hope a friend of ours has a wedding there soon so we can party there another night!!!

Thank you Scott, Dawn, Rob, and Team. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Carol · Married on 09/22/2018

The Inn at Vint Hill is a beautiful venue. The staff is professional, very helpful and accommodating. We had several special requests and they didn't hesitate to help. We received many positive comments from family and friends that attended the wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Sandra

Sandra · Married on 09/22/2018

Record Breaking Event

My daughters October wedding at the Inn at Vint Hill surpassed our expectation on every detail.

Manager Dawn was so upbeat and enthusiastic throughout every aspect of planning and bringing the special day to completion. She responded quickly and thoughtfully to all our questions and helped us plan and navigate a wedding during a pandemic. She was very reassuring and calming which is so important. For the bride and groom who just go with the flow, she encouraged them to make decisions and have input into the big day.

The staff hit a home run by customizing everything to our wishes, pleasantly serving our guest and packing up our personal items to take home. Rob, the day-of coordinator gets a 10 for as he insured everything was perfect on our special day. My parents are in their eighties and he arranged personal service for them. Every little request was meant with “No Problem” and handled wonderfully.

The beautiful venue including the manor home, tent and grounds provided a perfect backdrop for an autumn wedding. The staff and food were exceptional and very easy to work with. Thank you for making my daughter’s wedding day one for the record books!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Carly · Married on 08/25/2018

You'll be treated like family

If you're looking for an affordable venue with great food, the ability to easily customize your menu to accommodate for guests with food allergies, a beautiful property, and a vendor team who you can rely on and who will treat you like family - stop looking and book with The Inn at Vint Hill. The team here was absolutely incredible. Dawn, Scott, Rob, and Jennifer will welcome you with open arms and treat you like family every time you speak to and visit with them. Planning with them is so easy - quick email responses and they are SO flexible and accommodating for your every need, and will even surprise you with extras. For example - We went with a middle shelf bar option, but I had mentioned to Rob on a previous visit that a specific top shelf liquor was my favorite. Not only did he stock that specifically for me, but he made a point to make me a drink with it and hand deliver it without my even asking. He continued to deliver new drinks just as mine were starting to get low, again without my asking. Their setup and take down was extremely flexible - we spent most of the day before the wedding taking over the property. Rob made sure we had all the supplies we needed - water for flowers, trash cans, chalk for a chalkboard. This is the kind of service you will get with the Inn.

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Bert

Bert M. · Married on 08/11/2018

Fantastic Venue and Loving Hosts

Dawn and Scott manage an exquisite wedding venue with the very best culinary offerings. The peaceful estate, warm ambiance of the area, and love and care put into each event set the Inn At Vint Hill apart. My wife and I were so enamored with the wedding experience, I surprised her with a first anniversary dinner at the Inn. Dawn and Scott reprised their care and lavish service with the most savory and tasty dinner. The strawberry shortcake that followed the meal was uncomparable to any other dessert. My wife and I could rave for hours about our memorable experiences at the Inn At Vint Hill. We are sure to return again soon...

Sent on 08/17/2019

Sara · Married on 06/09/2018

My husband and I got married here this June. The staff was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. I have to say that the bar-manager, Rob, was an absolute delight to work with. I'll never forget his hospitality, humor, and warmth! My mom truly enjoyed getting to know him as we set up for the rehearsal dinner. He always went the extra mile for us whether it was for the drinks, extra special little touches, advice, etc. - Rob was just awesome. It was my dream to get married at this venue and I was lucky enough for that dream to come true. The venue itself, the food, and the staff were all incredible.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Judy · Married on 05/06/2018

Absolutely loved Dawn and Jennifer! After struggling to find a venue, we found Inn at Vint Hill through a recommendation from a friend. The tour and food tasting were so well done. They provided everything: catering, set up, clean up, and coordination for the entire event. Dawn was so kind and accommodating to our requests. She worked with us to find a price and back up plan for our needs. Jennifer was very efficient and provided great communication throughout the entire process. We couldn't thank them enough. They took away a lot of the stress. Afterwards, we received a lot of comments regarding how good the food was. The venue is so beautiful and we are so glad we went with them. It was absolutely perfect for our intimate wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Judith · Married on 01/21/2018

We got married at the Inn at Vint hill in 2014 and could not recommend this place more! The food they catered was beyond amazing! We loved the caramelized brie! The staff there was very accommodating. We got a little behind schedule and they were very flexible. We had such a great time and love that they have several different options for location of ceremony and reception.

Sent on 02/01/2018

Gail · Married on 12/16/2017

Full disclosure: My event WASN'T a wedding. It was a Celebration of Life for my father. When Dawn says, "Don't worry - it'll be fine!" BELIEVE HER. She and her staff were awesome. I gave her the barest suggestion of what we were looking for in the menu and Dawn ran with it. She produced a portable microphone for us at the last minute, came up with a perfect name for our signature drink, arranged for a more-than-adequate number of support staff - and that's just a small sampling of the dozens of ways this team responded to questions we never even asked. This was especially appreciated since we were dealing with the grief of losing our father and hundreds of details. I wish I could remember everyone's names (they were ALL so accommodating) but in addition to Dawn and Scott, Rob and Hilda rocked it. The Inn at Vint Hill is truly and exceptional venue.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Kay · Married on 07/08/2017

We chose the Inn at Vint Hill for our 50th Wedding Anniversary because we had eaten there previously and we have always been extremely pleased by the quality of the food, the presentation, the service and the value received. Our experience with working through the event details was almost effortless - they knew every detail that had to discussed and had all the answers to our every query. For service that they don't provide they had source suggestions that proved to be outstanding. The Inn rates with best of restaurants! We continue to receive praise for the menu and every other aspect of the event. For your next event, you would find the services provided by Scott and Dawn (owners) to be the best in the DC area. We are so very thrilled with our choice and know you will be too!$

Sent on 08/14/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot say enough about my great wedding experience at The Inn at Vint Hill. About a year before our wedding, Vint Hill was the first venue we viewed...we looked around a bit more and QUICKLY came back to book with Vint Hill. Dawn and Rob were our two main points of contact. They make you feel like family, and like this is THEIR wedding too... from the moment we began working with Vint Hill, I felt comfortable and at ease. They really do their best to make your big day run smooth. My husband and I have been receiving nothing but compliments on the friendliness and great service of the Vint Hill staff, the delicious food, and the atmosphere. Vint Hill is gorgeous, and spacious with an intimate feel. And added bonus is the lighting in the tent..many of the photos by our friends and family (non-professional) turned out beautiful thanks to the soft light, both in the day and evening. I HIGHLY recommend this vendor! Thank you Dawn!!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Dyanne · Married on 10/09/2016

Dawn and Scott were absolutely amazing. When my daughter and I first walked into the house and saw how breathtakingly beautiful it was, we knew we had found the right spot. To cement the decision, Dawn was the most likable, down to earth person ever to work with. Friendly, droll, flexible...need I say more. She knows what she is doing, has suggestions but will bend over backwards to do things exactly as the bride wants. The food is really good, their staff is wonderful, their tent is beautiful (and will stand up EVEN to hurricane Matthews' tail end winds) and guests loved the venue. We have had so many people tell us how beautiful it all was and I am glad that we chose Vint Hill. They are most reasonable on pricing and will work with your budget. We loved them and would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Rita · Married on 06/05/2016

My husband and I were very pleased with the service at Vint Hill. From speaking with Jim initially to making plans with Dawn and Scott, the owners and Rob the Bartender, they were very helpful with all our questions and concerns. They were more then willing to work with us to make our day special and go with what we wanted. The Inn is beautiful and we loved the rooms that they have for the guys and for the girls to get ready. The tent is large and easily accommodated our 200 guests. We were fortunate that the rain held off for our ceremony to be held outside. However, they do have the house and the tent if it does rain. There is also a patio if guests prefer to sit outside. The food is made in house and is quite good as well as excellent service. It is a great value for the space, amenities and service. I would highly recommend Inn at Vint Hill.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/05/2016

It's honestly difficult to put into words how thankful I am that we found the Inn at Vint Hill for our wedding. Dawn, Jim, and Rob all went above and beyond to make the day everything we ever could have dreamed it would be...and it was the best day of our lives. Their entire team is so flexible and easy to work with, without all the constraints and strict rules you find at most venues. I felt like anytime I asked Dawn for anything her response was, "whatever you want honey, we just want to make you happy." She was always so accomodating and laid back, which helped me not feel stressed either. Seriously how many other venues treat their brides that way?!?!
    The property is stunning and the beautiful Sperry tent will make any event feel incredibly special. This is the kind of tent you see in bridal magazines and gawk at....it's honestly breath taking. And then there's the food. Not only is it incredibly reasonable (our wedding coordinator couldn't believe their prices!), but everything is absolutely delicious and Dawn's presentation is beautiful! Everyone just raved about how amazing it was. One thing I loved about the venue too is how many different beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces they have, so that you don't have to worry about rain or bad weather ruining the day, because there is always somewhere pretty indoors where things could be moved if necessary. In fact, we had an unseasonably hot 95 degree day for our wedding in June and all of the staff went above and beyond to keep our guests cool, bringing in huge fans and A/C units and putting up umbrellas to keep the sun out of the tent.
    I honestly, cannot say enough good things about this venue. We looked here and didn't look at a single other venue because we were so impressed by everyone we met and the beautiful tent! If you've found Vint Hill for your wedding you've found a gem!!

Sent on 07/14/2016

We just got married at The Inn at Vint Hill and everything was absolutely perfect!! We held our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception there, and they also catered all of the meals (including our wedding brownies). I cannot say enough how amazing the staff and venue were and the price for what you get is unbelievable. They even surprised us by providing lactose free ice cream and gluten free brownies to accommodate our guests with allergies without us requesting it.

We were married on the side lawn, held the cocktail hour inside the house, and had the reception under the tent. Despite two days of rain before our wedding, everything was beautiful and perfect.

Jim and Dawn were a pleasure to work with and were always very responsive to our emails and phone calls. They were so flexible and accommodating. Rob and Hilda were a huge blessing in getting everything set up and arranged for the ceremony and reception. Our guests are still telling us how much they loved the venue and how good the food and dessert were. An added bonus was that both our photographer and DJ had worked at Vint Hill before, so all of the moving pieces synced perfectly. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Katie · Married on 10/03/2015

The Inn at Vint Hill was the perfect place to get married! Dawn was perfect to help plan the wedding and the food was amazing! All the guest loved everything about the venue!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2015

Me and my husband just got married at the Inn on 9/12/15 and it truly was the wedding of our dreams! We knew from the time we met the team and saw the venue that it would be the best place for us to get married (only saw one venue and we were DONE!) The venue is absolutely beautiful and it's truly the perfect place to get married and working with their team is the icing on the cake.

Jim was very responsive to work with and we really enjoyed our meetings with Dawn. She is full of life and really enjoys what she does! Chef Scott's food is out of this world- we had prime rib, champagne chicken, asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes and we still are hearing rave reviews about it! Rob was fantastic to work with as well and did a great job with keeping up with all of the drinkers at our party! He even helped us the next day with cleaning up our decorations.

The entire team is extremely laid back and goes with the flow which made getting ready the day-of and the entire process very enjoyable! A lot of hard work goes into a wedding of our size- close to 200 people and the Inn knows what they're doing and it really shows. The weather on our wedding day and imminent rain wasn't looking great and there was never any stress about it- they setup for both scenarios and there was never any stress about it.

Everyone kept saying how amazing our wedding was and was wondering where we found this place! Now with the tent (AMAZING & definitely a show stopper!!) and able to accommodate bigger weddings they are really going to make a name for themselves and it's very well deserved.

We cannot thank them enough!! Wish we could do it all over again :)

Sent on 09/28/2015

David · Married on 08/22/2015

We are so happy that we had our wedding at the Inn at Vint Hill. They we very flexible and accommodating - even with last minute requests. The venue is really perfect for a wedding. Also, it really makes a difference that they let you use the facility all day. Many other places we looked at had strict time limits when you could arrive and start setting up.

The food and staff were all great too! I can't tell you how many people told us that it was the best wedding they ever attended.

Plus, having our rehearsal dinner their the night before was so worth it. It was a great dinner at a very reasonable price and we got to use their tent after the dinner to hold a special Korean Ceremony.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Jim and Dawn took great care of us while we made preparations for our wedding here: they answered every question that we sent their way, whether it was via email or phone call; they helped us shape our dinner menu and were extremely accommodating to the myriad food allergies that some of our guests have; they had everything set up by the time I got there the day of the wedding and everything was exactly how we wanted it. Weddings are stressful and exhausting events, but the staff expertly took care of everything that we needed.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Sharon · Married on 06/20/2015

Look no further for your ideal historic and pastoral wedding venue. Whether you are looking for a beautiful outside venue or elegant indoor accommodations, this place has the best of both worlds. But let's move on to the stuff you really care about--the value and the people. This place is a great value! It includes reception tent, exclusive use of the grounds from 10am to 12 midnight, and a roomy and private bridal suite; not to mention the pool table for the men. The people are incredible! Jim and Dawn, they will take care of you not only on your wedding day but long before. Jim was responsive to all my questions and usually emailed me back within 12-24 hours. On the day of, I had originally planned for an outdoor ceremony and tented reception, but the remnants of Tropical Depression Bill were passing through that day. Dawn was flexible, willing to set up outside last minute as we were spared the rain for the ceremony. She even drove me in her vehicle so I could make a grand entrance walking up the outside path. If you're interested in using this venue, contact them at innatvinthill@aol.com and ask when their next open house/tasting is.

Sent on 07/07/2015