Inn at Morro Bay Reviews

5 | Morro Bay, CA

5 Reviews for Inn at Morro Bay

Mary · Married on 04/18/2009

The Inn at Morro Bay was the most perfect destination for our daughter's wedding reception, indeed, for the entire wedding weekend. The setting on the bay provided a gorgeous backdrop for the cocktail reception, just beautiful California elegant.
    I have to mention the food right now-absolutely fantastic fabulous-! We received so many complements from our guests.Executive Chef Tony Reeves is an artist with food and takes great pride in the organic origins and preparation of every item you are served.Truly he prepared a wedding feast for us. Not one thing could be improved from my point of view, and in my heart I'm an eastcoast snob! Thank you Tony!
    The catering manager was superb. He took care of us for room service and breakfast lunch and dinner for 4 days, always attentive to what we wanted in such a timely manner. The asst manager did a stellar job as well. I flushed out all the details pre-wedding and the rest was in her hands and the well trained (almost invisible) wait staff.
    The reception,the brunch the following day,everything was handled to perfection. They made our daughter's wedding reception a dream come true. Thanks for the memories!

Sent on 05/02/2009

Paul · Married on 03/30/2013

Our wedding and reception as well as lodging was all arranged here. We have always gone to Morro Bay to relax and having our wedding here was a natural thing to do. Initially though we had second thoughts. The first event planner was unresponsive, uninterested and uninformed. We began to doubt the choice then we met Lezlie Manukian.

Immediately she corrected the errors made by the initial planner and took the time to listen to and create a plan that was absolutely immeasurable. We had a fantastic venue, great food and plenty of space. The ladies who were providing service were not only efficient and very professional, they were also very warm and genuinely interested in seeing that our event was memorable.

The only glitch was in the blocking of rooms. We blocked 10 rooms and all of them were scattered throughout the grounds. Being a small ceremony and all family, we asked for and expected the rooms to be closer together. However, that was a minor detail in the overall scheme.

Our wedding was a great event and the staff at Inn at Morro Bay that were involved helped to ensure that. As far as Lezlie is concerned, there is no other person who we would want to work with in the future. She is a professional who brings her knowledge and experience to the forefront but has the ability to be very personal and someone who we felt had our best interests.

Sent on 04/06/2013

Joshua · Married on 10/03/2009

3.5

The Inn at Morro Bay was a great host to our Wedding. We worked with Jennifer as our catering manager from start to finish. She was very helpful in organizing all the details and was able to quickly answer any questions I had. The Inn was willing to work with us on our contract so that it suited our needs. The price was fair, and the rooms are nice. The reception room was set up EXACTLY to our instruction, we were even able to decorate the night before! We also worked with the other catering manager Tara the day of our wedding. She did a fantastic job at keeping everything running smoothly. The service at the Inn is spectacular. They went above and beyond and catered to each of our individual needs.

Sent on 10/04/2009

Kristy · Married on 10/25/2008

Thanks for such a wonderful experience. It really was a pleasure working with you and the staff at the Inn. We would like to single out a couple people, though.
    To start off, you were amazing. Thank you for being so accommodating and easy to work with. We pretty much organized this whole thing via email. Seamless and stress free. Just our style. You even knocked some sense into me at times. On the wedding day, it was comforting knowing you were there all day ensuring everything went off without a hitch. In fact, I chuckled at times when you didn't let me do anything. The only hiccup was the missing room reservation for Jim on Friday.
    Chef Anthony, thanks for some yummy food. We knew at the tasting that our guests were in for some tasty food. We also appreciate you taking care of the special requests. Mission accomplished.
    Bree, thanks for all the tips at the tasting and for the 'bubbly' on the big day. That was a very nice touch! :)
    Joe, you're top notch! You are that guy people would only hope to have during their special occasion. Your attentiveness and professionalism during our rehearsal dinner was noticed and very appreciated. Keep up the great work.

Sent on 12/01/2008
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 03/14/2015

0.2
      0.5
      0.5
      0.0

I hate having to write this; however I never want a bride to experience what I did at this location. Let me just bullet point my frustrations.
    1. The catering manager who handles weddings was a no show for our two appointments with her (yes that is a huge sign - if this happens at any location run fast in the other direction).
    2. Good luck getting a call or email back. They do not follow up. I do not know how many times I had to contact the hotels general manager for a response. Even then I had to make a few calls to her for a response.
    3. They promise things and don't follow through with them or just blatantly say no I never said that even though it was in writing.
    4. No communication. They are going under major construction and was not informed it would not be done on time. I had to find that out on their website. We would have had everything outdoors in the same area - the back parking lot. Not the vision I think many brides want.

Granted the view of the rock is amazing, but the customer service is so horrible it out ways the view. Thankfully we did get our deposit back, but was also promised something extra in the envelope. I thought a voucher for a night stay for all we had been through, but nothing was in the envelope but the check.

Sent on 03/23/2015