Indian Head Resort Reviews

Indian Head Resort 5
Indian Head Resort 6
Indian Head Resort 7

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

Got married at Indian Head on October 8th 2017. I don't normally write reviews of places but because the day was exactly what I wanted and it couldn't have been without Indian Head and their employees I knew I needed to write a review so people can be as happy as we were! It is an absolutely beautiful location with many feature- mountains, water, foliage if in the fall. I had a few guests that couldn't believe they were traveling 2 hours for a wedding but when they got there, they were impressed and saw why. Jen one of the wedding coordinators was AMAZING. Every time I called or had questions she got me the answers promptly. The day of she worked with me in the morning and even helped the day progress smoothly. The food was delicious. Everyone was happy with it and commented on how good it was. A couple of bonuses- they include the honeymoon suite with their packages. We choose to stay in the condo the night of the wedding since we had rented it and it was more private. They went over during the wedding and decorated the master bedroom and provided us with champagne and leftovers!! It was more than I could have hoped for. I would recommend Indian Head to anyone that asks! I will defiantly keep going back there as well for years to come!

Sent on 10/25/2017
    Indian Head Resort 13
    Indian Head Resort 14
    Indian Head Resort 15

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Dear Amanda, Thank you for your heartfelt review. You wedding day was gorgeous and you got to experience the full range of mother nature, but she was good to you and let the sun shine for your ceremony. We cannot wait to see more of your pictures! The few posted below are awesome. We look forward to seeing you and your new husband in years to come. All the joy to you both in your future together!

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2017

My wedding day at the indian head was absolutely amazing. The staff was so accommodating. Anything I needed they could provide me with. The day ran very smoothly and I didn't have to worry about s thing. Thank you so much for making my day perfect.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Dear Sam, We were happy to be a part of your special day. We hope that you never forget the happiness that you both shared when you said "I do". Come visit us soon!

Andrea · Married on 08/26/2017

We were married here in August 2017. Our wedding was absolutely everything we could have asked for and more. The whole day went as planned - there wasn't any drama and we had the best day of our life! We had some not-so-traditional items in our wedding -an air guitar contest- and Indian Head was able to accommodate us without issue.

The food was outstanding! Guests actually went out of their way to let us know how wonderful the food was. We chose to do a buffet, and there were so many options that all of our guests were satisfied. They were even willing to create separate dishes for picky eaters and those with allergies.

The venue is absolutely gorgeous. We chose the archway, and the view of the mountains and lakes was stunning. The reception hall has floor to ceiling windows that overlook the mountains and lake, so really almost no decoration is required.

Our wedding coordinator Jennifer was outstanding. She was easily contacted, let us know when we had things coming up that we needed to get done, and was very accommodating to our varied requests. The value for your money is frankly unbeatable. We did a lot of research and discovered that if you are in the market for a beautiful outdoor wedding that is actually affordable - Indian Head is the place. I would say the only downside is that the resort does require some updates and repairs. Beyond that, the amenities that they do have are a blast - especially the outdoor hot tub (in any weather!) The highlight of the evening was the fireworks. Definitely worth it! This was a dream wedding that was a ton of fun! We actually had to kick our guests out - they didn't want to leave! Thank you so much Indian Head and especially Jennifer for making our day a smashing success!

Sent on 10/01/2017
    Indian Head Resort 16
    Indian Head Resort 17
    Indian Head Resort 18
    Indian Head Resort 19
    Indian Head Resort 20

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Andrea, Thank you for you smashing review! It was such a pleasure working with you and your now husband over. We loved watching the uniqueness of your wedding. You both looked stunning. Please cherish the memories that you have for your big day with the beautiful photos that you have. The ones that you posted are amazing. If you have anymore we would love to see more! The Indian Head Resort Staff wishes you all the best in your future adventures!

Keith · Married on 07/29/2017

We had our wedding here in July of 2017 and decided to write a review because our wedding truly exceeded our expectations of what we thought it would be. We vacation at the Indian Head Resort about twice a year. In addition to being a beautiful location, we knew our friends and family would be well taken care of since we have always received excellent customer service (It worth noting that year after year we see many of the same wait staff, bartenders and people manning the front desk).

Lincoln, NH is far less touristy then North Conway but you are only about 10 minutes from exit 32 on 93, which has dunkin donuts, rite aid, restaurants along with many other conveniences and attractions. At the same time you are close to the Flume, Clarks Trading Post and countless hiking trails.

The resort’s wedding coordinator, Jen is amazing. I sent her a lot of emails and she was quick to respond and pleasant to work with. She was very informative, kept us on track and made us aware of things relating to time, set up, and other areas we did not think of. The day of the wedding Jen ensured everything ran like clockwork.

The food was a big hit we debated between plated and buffet. We did a buffet style with four options and than added on the prime rib carving station. This was a huge hit. Everything came out perfect. Our guests were really impressed by the food and went up for multiple helpings.

Having the ceremony, reception and our guests staying at the same location really allowed everyone to relax and enjoy themselves. A friend of ours said she had been to six weddings this year and that ours was by far the best one they had been to. We think that this is in large part due to the location and the friendly staff. I would highly recommend the Indian Head Resort, and the guests loved the location as well. Many of our guests said they will returning to the resort in the future.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Hi Keith! Thank your for all of your sweet words. We are ecstatic that the Indian Head Resort provided a wedding day beyond your expectations! Our staff here wants to wish you both a life full of love and laughter. Please say hi the next time you are here for vacation!

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2016

Not only is this place the best for a vacation any time of year, but my husband and I just had our wedding there surrounded by Fall foliage and it was absolutely amazing! This place is just amazing. Perfectly amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Your wedding has now been added to the many memories that you have acquired at the Indain Head Resort. What a wonderful thing that the day that you two took your next step together will be marked by your wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you both in the future!

Randi · Married on 09/24/2016

We got married at Indian Head Resort on 9/24/16. Our wedding day was everything we could have hoped for and more. The grounds and the views at Indian Head are absolutely gorgeous. My guests are still telling us our photos look fake! Jennifer was our wedding coordinator leading up to the big day. She was so flexible (I changed my mind on things a LOT) and always available to talk. Jennifer and her staff were so accommodating with the food and drink menu, timing, etc. Unfortunately, Jennifer had an emergency and was not able to be there for our rehearsal or wedding day. Heidi stepped in and let me tell you, the day was FLAWLESS!! They included so many other food options for both our rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception that weren't on our list, including desserts. Heidi helped us with decorating and even pulled out items from her storage room that really brought the reception room together. I called Heidi the morning of the wedding and she was at the liquor store getting champagne for our big day! While the girls were getting ready, she dropped off champagne, cheese, and crackers. Heidi took care of EVERYTHING that day - I didn't have to worry about a thing with the vendors or guests. We had the best reception (fireworks are a must!) and when we went back to the honeymoon suite, there was food, champagne, candles, and flowers waiting for us. I honestly cannot say enough about Indian Head Resort and everything they did for our wedding! If you are looking for the total package, this place is it.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Your review made us smile! It was a pleasure working with you over the course of the past year or almost a year. You both are wonderful people and deserved all the best from your big day! The pictures that you have sent to us are stunning and we cannot wait to show everyone how beautiful everything turned out. We hope that your life together is blissful and that your love only continues to grow through the years! Please come back and visit us in the future and make more memories here at the Indian Head Resort.

Scott · Married on 09/03/2016

a gorgeous place to have a wedding! cheaper than anywhere in Boston!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for holding your wedding here at the Indian Head Resort! You are right, views in the White Mountains are spectacular!

Arlie · Married on 08/27/2016

I just recently got married at the resort on August 27th and it was perfect on so many levels. The setting is beautiful and offers many photo ops, the food was great with the buffet providing guests with many options to choose from, the onsite accommodations made it convenient for our out of town guests, the Lakeside room where the reception was held with its floor to ceiling glass allowed us to still enjoy the gorgeous mountain and lake view while inside and this is just a sampling of what the resort has to offer its brides and grooms. I was also very impressed with all the staff, but was especially pleased with Jennifer Arruda our wedding coordinator. She did an amazing job and was always so helpful and accommodating. Overall my experience at the Indian Head Resort was an A+ and I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue to any couple!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Hi Arlie! It was wonderful to work with you and your family throughout all of your planning! We are so happy that your day was everything that you had hoped it would be. We can't wait to see your pictures once they come in. Please do not hesitate to come and visit in the years to come! Thank you for choosing the Indian Head resort for your big day!

Rhiannon · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I fell in love with this venue. The scenery is amazing! The wedding coordinator was very responsive when I needed her. They give you what the pricing will be including tip and tax when you are meeting with them, which is something I hadn't factored in, so I'm glad it was up front when I got there. They had no issue with putting up a second room block when ours was getting close to filled. We were lucky enough to be able to set up the night before And clean up the day after, so much less stress for the big day! overall it was very beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a better venue!!!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Rhiannon, Thank you for choosing to have your wedding here at the Indian Head Resort! We are pleased that everything came out so beautifully for you. Even with the rain earlier in the day it cleared up and you were able to get all of the pictures you were hoping for. We wish you both and your little family all the best in years to come!

Paula · Married on 10/03/2015

Awesome people so helpful very responsive

Catherine · Married on 10/02/2015

Indian Head Resort did an absolutely amazing job for our reception! They went above and beyond. The service was amazing, we had absolutely no negative comments from any of our guests! I would highly recommend using them and they have deals that can't be beat!

I don't know if any review could do justice to the beauty of the resort, friendliness of the staff, scrumptiousness of the food, or romance to be found in the ceremony area. The single best planning decision we made was to have IHR host our event. Heidi is a top notch manager, so helpful. When we had problems with another vendor, I told Heidi that I was afraid he wouldn't show up. She called him and calmed me down by acting as a liason. When we had to find a new DJ the day BEFORE our wedding, Heidi and Jennifer reached out to him so everything worked out perfectly. And Jennifer! It felt like she was an extra bridesmaid. She was so helpful, patient, funny, calming, and all around fantastic. She was a wonderful communicator and a credit to the resort. If I had to write a 10 page essay about her awesomeness, I would still not be able to cover all the little details she put into making our wedding perfect.
    Onto the actual resort. We had a blast staying in the houses, girls in one house and guys in another. We went swimming in the outdoor heated pool after the rehearsal dinner, we posed for pictures with the statutes, we played in the arcade. It turned into a huge relaxing celebration. The day of the wedding our guests took as many pictures of the scenery as they did of us. The food was delicious, and very accommodating for vegetarian/gluten-free. The bartender was a huge hit, everyone loved his suggestions and fast pours. We also loved the fact that we got to stay in the honeymoon suite as part of the package. Relaxing in front of the fireplace and reading our guest book at the end of the night (while eating leftovers that Jen put in our fridge) was a treasured memory.

Indian Head Resort is now a part of our family. When we have kids, we will vacation here and show them wedding pictures. I love this resort and I can never thank them enough for giving us such an incredible day.

Kathy · Married on 09/20/2014

My daughter chose Indian Head Resort in Lincoln, NH as her wedding venue. My husband and I were skeptical. We remembered Indian Head as a tourist shop on the way to the White Mountains. We drove up to check it out and found a stunning setting in the White Mountains. The tourist stop is now a resort hotel with rooms on both sides of Route 3. There are tennis courts, a hot tub, restaurants and the hotel store with every trinket a visitor could want. My husband was very excited to find a man-made lake stocked with trout and open year-round for fishing.

The hotel has a team of 3 event planners. Jennifer was our wedding coordinator. All 3 women were absolutely helpful, positive, and extremely tolerant of the mother-of-the-bride insanity. Let’s just say there were several phone calls about a cake (yes, really) and Jennifer took it all in stride and was very helpful in working through this and other details.

The day of the event was well organized. All our guests were well fed and comfortable. My daughter had the ceremony and reception of her dreams. The photographer took advantage of the resort’s many settings; a red bridge, gazebo, water wheel, and the lake. The reception room has windows on 2 sides for excellent views of the grounds from every table.

Our wedding was in the late fall, so in addition to the resort’s seasonal landscaping we had the added color of the mountains of trees turning fall colors.

I cannot praise the Indian Head team [Jennifer, Lauren & Heidi] enough for helping us to have the perfect wedding day.

Meghan · Married on 09/06/2014

GET MARRIED HERE!! Seriously. I have absolutely nothing but glowing reviews for every aspect of our big day. Jennifer and Heidi were always very quick to respond, and accommodated every request we made. It made coordinating a wedding from 2 hours away easier than if it was down the street. I am still getting compliments on the food, which was outstanding, and the views from the reception room and ceremony site are amazing.

Overall, I can honestly say I have nothing negative to say at all, it was the best day of my life and they made it that way.

Katie · Married on 05/31/2014

Everyone was so helpful and welcoming! Could not have asked for a better group to help UA through our day! Thank you team at Indian head!

Shauna · Married on 06/22/2013

I cannot say enough good things about the Indian Head Resort. The location is beautiful, the staff is amazing and goes above and beyond to make sure your day goes on without a problem. They are very accommodating, and I couldn't have asked for more.

Annette · Married on 04/24/2010

We could not have received better services. Our day was perfect thanks to Heidi and the staff at Indian Head Resort. We will not hesitate to recommend them for any occasion.
    Our family is still talking about how wonderful the food and atmosphere was.
    This is definitely the place for your event.

Jonathan · Married on 06/17/2017

JENNIFER WAS AMAZING. She made the planning process so easy, and made sure every detail was addressed, and even thought of things we didn't think of! The big day she was so on point, and dressed so nice & professional, but didn't take attention from the lovely bride<3
    Jennifer earned all the bonus points for getting us a nice quiet break to sit and eat after the ceremony and before the reception. She made sure everything ran smoothly and kept us on schedule!
    The fireworks were truly the cherry on top of the proverbial cake.
    Then after all of the partying and dancing, we got back to our amazing honeymoon suite, and Jennifer left us champagne and etched personalized glasses, and even saved us two plates of dinner. One billion brownie points to her for making our big day the most amazing weekend of our lives!

Rachael · Married on 04/14/2018

Jenn Arruda is a fantastic wedding coordinator at Indianhead! She always responds to every question you have along the way and will definitely go out of her way to try to make your plans a reality. Jenn has a very positive, upbeat attitude about everything and her professionalism is unparalleled. She was such a calming presence on the day of the wedding and even though the weather was definitely a factor that forced us to wait until the 11th hour to make some decisions, she was never flustered or rushed about any of the last minute changes. She was truly a pleasure for Nick and I to work with!!

Hilary · Married on 10/01/2016

I cannot say enough nice things about the Indian Head Resort venue. Their wedding coordinators help out every step of the way, answering any questions you have about the wedding planning process. They came up with really good suggestions (like using organza chair sashes because of the way the light hits off them nicely and how to incorporate my wine box ceremony within my whole ceremony using their gazebo). This venue provides the beautiful backdrop when you and your bridal party walk down the aisle (Tip: make sure you start on the side of the building to get the mountain backdrop!). On the week of my wedding I had to have another wedding planner fill in for the one I was using for 2 years. Lauren remembered every single last minute detail I had like making sure the floral arrangement on the car was reused as the floral arrangement for the sweetheart table, providing a lighter for the sparklers, and reusing the aisle flowers for the reception room. Everyone from the waiters to the bartenders provided excellent service. It is so great when everyone involved wants to make your day as special as you want it. We included the 5-minute firework show in our package and the manager of Indian Head allowed me, my husband, and the photographers to go up to the top of the tower (which was closed) to get exceptional pictures! My wedding day was perfect and even after the night is done, Indian Head still impresses you with the cute decorations in the complimentary bride and groom room, and save left over food for you on the outdoor balcony attached to the room. This place is absolutely beautiful (especially in the fall) and I 100% recommend people have their wedding here. Tons of great photo ops with the water wheel, bridge, tower, and mountains. You will not be disappointed! None of my guests had anything bad to say about this venue.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Hello Hilary! Thank you for you rrave review. We loved working with you from the time you first started looking at the Indian Head Resort until you said your "I do's." The joy we feel from your happiness is hard to express. We are extremely happy that your wedding day was everything that you were looking to have! The team here looks forward to seeing your beautiful photos too. All of our best wishes to you both in your lifelong journey together!

Sara · Married on 07/05/2014

I had a mini-destination wedding here at Indian Head Resort in July 2014, and it was fantastic! They blocked guest hotel rooms and cabins for us, and there was enough rooms to go around for everyone! We visited the vendor only twice (not including our site tour when we first found it) to organize wedding things. They were so accommodating at every phase of the wedding, and very communicative. Their prices were VERY competitive. I was worried about everything the 3 days before the wedding when i arrived, and after we got our room set up 2 days before (they even let us start the evening before the 2 days they give you) i was still concerned about other things being set up the morning of, since all my bridesmaids were getting their hair done. The venue did everything for me that needed to be set up that morning, and were 10x more helpful then i ever thought they could be. They made my morning stress free!

The food was delicious and everything went off perfectly. All my guests loved the wedding, i was showered with compliments after. The fireworks were amazing as well, you have to do them! We even got to see a black bear strolling around the lake while i was getting ready in the honeymoon suite. After the wedding was a bonus also, they gave us 2 large bottles of champagne, one during dinner, and one in our room that we never finished. They also filled our fridge with leftover food. The cute little touches they add to the room was perfect. The bar was also great. We were afraid of spending too much for alcohol, so we gave everyone 2 drink tickets. After dinner, we checked our tab and it was no where near where we were expecting to spend, so we opened the bar for the entire night after that and our costs were much lower than we anticipated.

We also had the rehearsal dinner here as well which was also great fun. Good food and organized very well.

Thank you so much to Indian Head, we all had a blast!

Heather · Married on 05/22/2010

I wasn't aware at the beginning that we would have to set up our own centerpeices and design our own table cards so that was something I learned only because I asked. I felt like for the price I paid I should not have had to do that myself. Other then that the Indian Head was amazing and a beautiful setting for photos!

• pinktorridora

Tori · Married on 08/01/2009

We chose the Indian Head because my husband and I worked there together when we were in high school, and we were not at all disappointed! Although we didn't get to eat much during our reception (most couples don't), we heard the food was great...and the little we did have was delicious!
    The view is gorgeous and makes for beautiful pictures. I would highly recommend the Indian Head for your wedding!

chelsea · Married on 03/18/2017

4.2
      3.5

Absolute gorgeous venue. all of our guests has a great time and will be back. I have gotten many compliments about how amazing the food was and how gorgeous the venue was. I've had numerous people tell me it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Indian Head Resort's reply:

Dear Chelsea, We are happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your wedding celebration here at the Indian Head Resort. It was an absolute pleasure working with you both and we wish you both a continued life together of happiness! We hope to see you and all of your guests in the future.