IndAroma Reviews

IndAroma 5
IndAroma 6
IndAroma 7

Chetali Gupta · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Mehndi, Sangeet and Wedding Day success!

Abhishek and his team at IndAroma were amazing to work with for all of our events!! The food and service was not only exceptional but they are willing to work with you non stop to ensure you are happy. Even the indian vegan meals they prepared were to die for! The moong dal halwa was the best dessert you will ever taste, even our friends and family from India kept raving about the food! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Jayant Ahuja · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Excellent and Flawless Service

I want to share a wonderful experience we had with IndAroma to cater the reception at my daughter's wedding. Abhishek and his team were a pleasure to work with. Not only were they professional and answered all of our many questions patiently during the planning process, they were fun to be around. We thoroughly enjoyed their selections - I received numerous compliments from many of our guests about the gastronomic delight IndAroma provided. The wedding went perfectly and IndAroma played a big role in making this event special. I would definitely recommend IndAroma to anyone for a wedding or other event.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Nira

Nira Desai · Married on 05/11/2019

Beyond delicious, excellent service

I'm pretty sure every bride and groom have that fear that the food won't be as good at the actual event as it was at the wedding. I can honestly say - I think the food was even better at our reception than the day we tried it! Our guests raved about the food - and that's saying a lot - given that we have a lot of good cooks in our family who have strong judgment about catered food! We got compliments for days after about how tasty everything was and how innovative the food options were - some favorites were the mango shrimp cocktail and the paneer wontons, I also thought the Nilgiri lamb was to die for. The dessert lounge was phenomenal and so innovative - gulab jamun cheesecake, gajar halwa tarts and the kulfi with falooda was the biggest hit of all. We couldn't have asked for nicer, more responsive staff in the lead-in, they worked seamlessly with us and the venue to make everything work and truly exceeded our expectations. You won't be disappointed working with IndAroma!

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • melody

melody · Married on 04/20/2019

Fantastic food, Excellent service

So happy we booked IndAroma for our wedding! The food was amazing, all of our guests were raving about it all night. I love that their Indian fare is authentic, and still very appealing to western appetites. Service for our food was also stellar, their staff was attentive and friendly. If you are looking for food options that will be as delightfully memorable as the happy event itself, make sure you book this place!!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Maya · Married on 04/06/2019

If you hire no one else, hire IndAroma

Wow. Such an incredible catering and cooking team at IndAroma. If you are planning your Indian or Indian-American wedding in the DC area, we cannot recommend them enough. Abhishek, Marissa, and Malena helped craft the perfect fusion menu for our big day. From coordinating tastings, decor details, and other logistics, they are a highly professional team that exceeded our expectations. The food is amazing. Indian food can often be delicious but fails on presentation. With IndAroma, it will shine on both fronts. Even today, our friends and family are raving about the live stations, bar service, and palak chaat. Abhishek has an eye for tasteful food presentation, and a palette that will impress even the biggest, most pretentious foodies and critical Indian aunties! Thank you, IndAroma for everything!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing Wedding Caterer!

We really enjoyed working with Indaroma as our outside caterer for our wedding at the Westin in Annapolis. it was a great experience from meeting with Abhishek and Malena to pick the appetizers, dinner, and dessert items to the tasting. On the day of the wedding the staff was very professional. Our guests all really enjoyed all the food and a few guests even mentioned it was the best wedding food they had ever had! They were also open to some creative ideas as I wanted to incorporate more of an American flare on the Indian food (ex. mini lamb burgers, won-tons, shrimp skewers, etc.). Overall, I would recommend Indaroma as caterer for weddings.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Manoj Mathai · Married on 12/22/2018

Outstanding Service and excellent food

This is our second wedding catering with Indaroma, they are outstanding, the food is excellent and the service is very professional. We have more than 500 guests at Marriott Westfields Chantilly and the food service was flawless. Would recommend Abshiek and the Indorama team any day. You are in good hands

Sent on 01/08/2019

Rajesh · Married on 11/17/2018

Excellent, caring and professional

We hired them for wedding reception. The food was excellent. They were prompt and at hotel ahead of time to take care of the catering. The staff was proactive in telling us what else they need at hotel so there is no last minute confusion. Above all, event manager from caterer was there till the end of event 11 PM - thanks to the young lady! Above all, if you looking for a stress free catering don't look around too much. Good job!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Dawn · Married on 11/10/2018

Mother of the Bride

IndAroma did a wonderful job catering our daughter’s wedding in Nov.2018. From the first steps with meeting with staff, to the delicious tasting experience and finally to the actual reception and dinner everything tasted great. The professionalism of the staff including waiters, bartenders and banquet managers contributed to making the wedding so meaningful. The appetizers that were passed were so plentiful and delicious and the buffet food exceeded our expectations. We also appreciated how the staff wrapped up the extra food.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Ruth Rasby · Married on 11/09/2018

Easy, affordable and good!

Their food is amazing - my foodie cousin from New York City couldn't stop raving about the it.

I was looking for a caterer with gluten free and vegan options - and I love Indian food. IndraRoma was affordable, easy to work with and a great local family run business. Far an away the easiest vendor I had to work with and very affordable. My wedding was on a pier in November - they didn't blink. Book these guys!

Sent on 11/09/2018

NalRao · Married on 10/24/2018

Fantastic food and service

My husband and I are frequent patrons of Indaroma (cafe) so we were very happy to learn that Indaroma does wedding catering. During my calls with potential venues, Indaroma was highly recommended. From the initial meeting to select the food for the wedding, Abhishek and Malena made it easy. They were very open about giving recommendations but not pushy, which was refreshing. I had a number of follow ups after our initial meeting to make changes, the catering team was extremely responsive. When we went for the food tasting, everything was fantastic. From our tasting menu, we ended up making one change replacing the saag paneer for another dish. During our final meeting, we were able to taste the saag paneer replacement dish - Shaam Savera, which I highly recommend. It's a beautiful and tasty dish. We also ended up making some tweaks to the food layout which Abhishek gave helpful suggestions for. Indaroma was also able to accommodate some of our special needs to have outside sweets that were sent from India. So now it's wedding time, though my husband and I were running around, the food we tasted was fabulous! The set up of the food was perfect for 275 people so no lines. The food was kept filled up before it ran out. Every person that talked about the food said it was excellent as well as the staff. Food is such an integral part of Indian weddings, Indaroma hit the mark on food and professionalism. I would highly recommend Indaroma for weddings as well as any catering event.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Jilna

Jilna Kothary · Married on 10/21/2018

Making Dreams Come True!

As two families of foodies coming together, the food at our wedding was an important decision, and we couldn't have been more thrilled with the entire process of working with IndAroma. They are truly in a class of their own, and a month later, we still have many guests (from New Jersey) telling us the food was SO GOOD all day.

Abhishek and Marissa listened and "got" our vision to help us create a unique but appropriate menu, from ceremony snacks to lunch, cocktail hour and reception. The menu was varied and delicious, and the team was flexible in honoring all our requests, even creating a stunning dessert bar (all eggless!), and making items off their menu to satisfy my ideas. They went out of their way to make accommodations for us, and far exceeded our expectations in every day. Needless to say, we highly recommend their services!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Amani · Married on 10/20/2018

Great caterer

Indaroma was a great fit for our wedding reception! Abhishek and his team were attentive, professional, and responsive to all of our food needs. From the first meeting, to the tasting, to the end of our event, everything was perfect! If you're looking for a great team and delicious food, this is the perfect vendor :)

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Mastarin

Mastarin · Married on 10/06/2018

October wedding

We used Indaroma for a cultural pre wedding celebration and we're so happy that we did. We met with Abhishek during the planning stages of our event and he was so extremely helpful with everything. We personally never got to eat with all the craziness of the wedding but were told the food was great and all the staff were very professional.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Pooja · Married on 09/29/2018

Wonderful, endless compliments from guests!

We had IndAroma as our reception caterer and have to say everything was absolutely fantastic! The entire team was very helpful, they even sent cocktail snacks to our holding room for the entire bridal party to enjoy while we waited for the reception to begin. The quality and taste of the food was also excellent and we got endless compliments from our guests. They also offered very unique (outside your typical Indian food items) and delicious dishes that everyone loved! Thank you to the team, we definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Anushree · Married on 09/15/2018

IndAroma was absolutely fantastic to work with. My guests and I were all so impressed with their team, service, and food. They provided personalized service and incredible responsiveness. Malena and Abhishek went above and beyond, and were able to accommodate EVERY request we had, no matter how crazy. Their team was so efficient and worked just seamlessly with our venue's staff. All the food was beautifully displayed, presented, and served in the exact best way for each specific dish. Now, onto the food, which is all that really matters - IndAroma is stellar. Their food is absolutely delicious, finger-licking, good and we got rave rave rave reviews from our guests. We've gotten numerous requests from our guests asking where the food was from. We love it so much that we go to their cafe regularly for their amazing, creative dishes. We had a large wedding, and catered food in high quantities usually always falls short, however not with IndAroma. It was fabulous, delicious, creative, and interesting. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2018

I would recommend this vendor to anyone! Their food is innovative and consistently delicious. We knew we had to have halal food for our wedding, which made finding venues tricky since not all allow outside catering. Once we found the right venue, Indaroma was the easy choice, I did not even bother setting up tastings with any other caterer. They provided a vast menu that my guests are still raving about: 4-6 appetizers, 4-6 entrees, and a dessert lounge that was scalable to our preferences. Abishek and his team were 100% professional and I would use them again for any even that I have catered.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Shivani · Married on 08/18/2018

We absolutely loved working with IndAroma Catering! We actually had IndAroma cater my sister's wedding and it was such a success, we didn't think twice about going with them for my wedding, on 08/18/2018! Also by doing so, we received a returned customer discount! Abhishek was so friendly, knowledgeable, and organized. He reached out to us 9 months before our wedding to plan the menu and conduct a tasting, which was great getting that out of the way so quickly. I highly recommend the palak chaat, chili shrimp with mango salsa, butter chicken, tandoori salmon, bharta, and the gulab jamun. On the day of the event, Abhishek and his team were punctual, professional, and personable. I was truly touched by the fact that Abhishek himself brought up a plate of appetizers to our room while my husband and I changed for the reception; that was very thoughtful. His staff also made a plate for us for dinner and constantly checked on us throughout the evening. I knew IndAroma had another huge wedding that night, but they did an amazing job making us feel like we were their only event and their first priority. Thank you again for the delicious and memorable food!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Syed · Married on 07/22/2018

IndAroma catered two weddings in our family - our son's wedding on July 22, 2018 held at American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, and and our daughter's wedding on September 8, 2018 held at North Bethesda Marriott in Rockville, MD. They did an excellent job throughout the process and food was out of this world. We have continued to receive compliments from our guests. In addition to the taste, the presentation, particularly of the desserts was exceptional. We have attended many South Asian weddings but IndAroma's food was the best. Both Abhishek Handa and his assistant Marissa were thorough professionals and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Ashika · Married on 07/14/2018

We worked with Abishek and Malena to cater our wedding and we could not be happier with the food and service! Abishek was super responsive via email and gave us a lot of good feedback on our menu to create the perfect balance between spicy/mild and veg/non-veg. We had paneer puffs, samosas, chaat, chili chicken (which was perhaps the best chili chicken I've ever tasted), and shrimp cocktail for appetizers and they were all so yummy and our guests loved them. Our entrees included biryani, goan fish curry (this was the highlight), chicken tikka masala, malai kofta and dal tadka. Great delicious options for vegetarians as well! It came out to $34/person + tax + tip and this included one tasting, which was one of the best parts of wedding planning! Abishek was very flexible with switching out certain appetizers and entrees and let us taste a couple other options when we changed our minds about the menu. They were also great about coordinating logistics and set-up with our venue and packed up the leftovers for us at the end of the night. We had a lot of guests who were new to Indian food and we got rave reviews from everyone!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Amina · Married on 07/07/2018

IndAroma and Abishek were AMAZING to work with! Whether hopping on a call to discuss initial information, scheduling a tasting, the tasting day, and every other call or meeting along the way - they were nothing but professional, accommodating, and responsive. I had NO issues with them - not one - which is hard to come by in the wedding industry!

Abishek and Malena were a pleasure to work with. My husband doesn't wear jewelry, so we decided to do a Simpsons-esque wedding ring gag for our ceremony, and not only did they accommodate my request last minute, but they fried up different sized onion rings to make sure one would fit his finger!

They were also SO awesome about allergies and food restrictions. I e-mailed them a list of guests that had food requirements and they were quick to get back to me on what each of them could/could not eat on our buffet.

I cannot recommend Abishek and his team highly enough - they did such an awesome job and my guests were complimenting the food even a week after the wedding was over. Marissa was the supervisor that day and obviously did such an amazing job. Do yourself a favor and book them for your event!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Ela · Married on 06/29/2018

Indaroma and Abhishek and team were amazing. They worked on fine tuning the taste and ingredients even going so far as to adjust ingredients and recipes based on my suggestions. They even worked with me on making some new dishes and I would use them again over any other caterer.
    They were very courteous, professional and most important of all, delivered on what they promised.
    The food was all beautifully displayed, tasty and very well done.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Anj · Married on 06/22/2018

Everyone is still talking about how great the food was at our wedding and pre-wedding events! Abhishek, Marissa and the whole team were incredibly professional but also fun to work with. They set up a fantastic tasting and were available for our many questions, allowing tweaks to our menu along the way.

I and many guests were also incredibly impressed with their dedication to identifying and working with food-based allergies, which is so important these days! They labeled all the food to make sure all guests were aware and could work with me in my dairy-free needs.

They make the full range of Indian to IndoChinese, all of which our guests enjoyed. Highly highly recommend using them for your wedding or other catering needs - I am sure we will be turning to them again in the future!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Christopher · Married on 06/08/2018

IndAroma partnered with a separate caterer and provided a full Indian buffet for our wedding. They offered a seamless, professional experience and all of their food was top notch. They accommodated several different dietary restrictions with no hesitation, and we received numerous compliments on their efforts throughout the evening. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again to cater any occasion!

Sent on 07/28/2018