IndAroma Reviews

221 Reviews for IndAroma

• Nalini

Nalini Agrawal · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Excellent food

We have worked with Indaroma for 3 events in the family- wedding, engagement party and reception and love working with them. Abhishek and his team are very easy to work with and the staff makes sure they take care of the bride and groom during the event. The food and service are excellent and they always have innovative options. Highly recommend Indaroma for any catering needs

Sent on 01/06/2020

Chetali Gupta · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Mehndi, Sangeet and Wedding Day success!

Abhishek and his team at IndAroma were amazing to work with for all of our events!! The food and service was not only exceptional but they are willing to work with you non stop to ensure you are happy. Even the indian vegan meals they prepared were to die for! The moong dal halwa was the best dessert you will ever taste, even our friends and family from India kept raving about the food! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Amrita

Amrita Sethi · Married on 11/30/2019

Amazing service

From the beginning, Indaroma was nothing short of amazing. When I had my initial consultation I knew right away I wanted to go with them. They take pride in their work which really goes a long way. Marrisa and Abhishek always answered my questions promptly and thoroughly and were super accommodating. On the day of my wedding, Indaroma was the first vendor to arrive at my temple at 5:30 in the morning to get things set up and started. They go above and beyond and really make your event feel special! Thank you Marrisa and Abhishek for all that you did for us!

Sent on 12/03/2019

S Thapa · Married on 11/29/2019

Thank you!!!

I would like to thank the enitre IndAroma team but in particular Marissa and Abhishek. They were very detail orientated and were very accommodating to all our requests. They took careful notes and adjusted the taste to our liking. They were very knowledgeable in their field and were able to help us with suggestions to add things where it made sense and remove items where they felt it was not necessary.
    The final result was to our expectations and their service was exceptional.
    We Bhatt and Thapa family are very appreciative of the entire teams hard work.

Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Shashi Madan · Married on 11/23/2019

Working with IndoRama has been more than a positive experience. The staff was kind and understanding.

IndoRama made each one of our event special by providing excellent food and caring service. My family and I are especially grateful to them for attending to guests who came from all over the world to attend my daughter’s wedding. Almost a week into the wedding, I am still getting messages from the guests with-raving reviews about IndoRama food and service.
    I would highly recommend their food and their professional service as you cannot go wrong there. They assure you the best and they fulfill their promise more than 100%.

Shashi Madan

Sent on 11/29/2019

Chris Alexander · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing caterer - highly recommend!

Indaroma was so helpful and flexible during our selection process. They took the time to explain their menu to us and also recommend the best food options given our wedding theme. Overall, the food was amazing - our guests and family couldn't stop raving about the appetizers and the main entrees selected for our buffet. The Mango lassi and Gulab Jamun cheesecake were absolute crowd pleasers! They were very generous with our need for multiple tastings and looked after us like we were family. Even incredibly flexible with the payments given our uncertainty with our visa situation! Very rare group of people. Would highly recommend them for any special occasion! A huge thank you to Marissa and Abhishek for all their help!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Gauri Chandak · Married on 10/20/2019

Awesome team!

Extremely courteous, professional and pleasant owner (Abhishek), staff and manager. They were recommended by other friends and we did not even talk to any other Indian food caterers for our Sangeet wedding event. The food was exceptional. Our guests were raving about the food and the presentation. Their professionalism gets 11/10 from me!
    As the mother of the groom (our event) I was running around the entire evening, Marissa, the catering manager for the evening, came to me several times to make sure I had food and something to drink! Service with a smile. Look no further if you want good Indian food and exceptional service.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Catherine · Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful!

IndAroma catered our wedding and did a fantastic job. The food was tasty and beautifully presented (the aam-palak chaat is amazing; I’d still like to know how they get the spinach leaves so crispy). They made adjustments to dishes when we requested them, and we were able to try everything both during a tasting and at their restaurant (which we now eat at regularly). The quality of service was amazing!

Abhishek and Marissa were a pleasure to work with all the way from the planning stages to the day-of. They are very knowledgeable about what will and won’t work and really lessened the planning stress with their sense of humor and wisdom. Marissa surprised us with some thoughtful touches on the wedding day, like bringing appetizers and dinner to us and making sure we always had a drink. If she hadn’t, we’d probably have gone hungry as it was impossible to move without talking to friends and family!

We would highly recommend for their amazing service and food!

Sent on 11/18/2019

C K · Married on 10/12/2019

Five Stars From Start to Finish- Absolute Perfection!

Indaroma catered our parent's 50th anniversary party (about 100 guests). From the initial consultation until the end of the event, their professionalism and dedication to perfection was evident, and the culinary experience truly delighted everyone who attended (no easy feat when serving Indian dishes to Indian guests, who know great desi food!). Their catering/event staff, Marissa and Tejasvi, were an absolute pleasure to work with, and Abhishek was superb in helping us understand what we would need to make the event successful. We had high expectations, and Indaroma's team exceeded them at every turn. We recommend them without reservation for any event, and look forward to having them cater events for us in the future. Thank you, Indaroma!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Tanzina · Married on 10/11/2019

IndAroma is the best. Delicious food. Superb customer experience. Do not take your chances with the competitors.

I came across IndAroma doing my research on catering companies. I loved all the photos and reviews I had read about IndAroma, even before I had any interactions with anyone from the restaurant. My first interactions with IndAroma was at a Dream Shaadi Wedding Expo, where I met Marissa Hoffman, IndAroma's Event Manager; this was about two years ago. Here onward, I am going to be breaking up my review into two portions - one on the IndAroma staff, and the second on the food/service.

Part 1: The man behind the business is Abhishek Handa, and the face of the business is Marissa Hoffman (or so I am convinced). Abhishek comes from a engineering/tech background, but at some point discovered his true passion is food, which he has been able to conceptualize and bring to life in the form of IndAroma. Fun fact: I found out that Abhishek has a formula for everything. Marissa manages all the events; for my specific event, Marissa has been more involved (i.e. emails, scheduling, and managing/supervising of the event).

In terms of South Asian wedding standards, I had a relatively small and intimate wedding reception. I recall the day I had visited the Alexandria restaurant for our tasting. Abhishek was in the middle of another consult with a bride and her parents. Once we had arrived, I remember Abhishek evenly splitting time at both tables (i.e. the other bride and her family, and our table). His entire staff was so attentive to all the customers, and to us (i.e. people who were visiting for tasting). The fact that Abhishek treated his staff like family, really resonated with me. TJ, Abhishek's assistant, told me he considers her a little sister, and that he is an amazing mentor for her. I always think fondly back to that date.

On to Marissa. This woman is spectacular. IndAroma offers a pretty massive menu, which is great when you are planning multi-day functions for your wedding. I can confidently say that this woman knows her menu inside out, she has really useful feedback. She might actually know more about the authentic desi dishes better than the average Indian, Bangladeshi or Pakistani person. The day of my wedding, when everything was wrapped up, I found myself in the vacinity of Marissa, giving directions to a staff in Spanish. That totally blew my mind that on top of all other skills I knew Marissa had, she is also multilingual. I can absolutely go on for days just speaking praises of Marissa. She is literally the best.

Part 2: Food and drinks that IndAroma provided were all delicious. The aam palak chat is such a crowd pleaser. Literally all of my meat-based dishes were so tender. In addition, I had requested for an added item just days before. I cleared my balance for that last minute addition the morning of, and Marissa/Abhishek were so accommodating and understanding.

I had been in contact with one other competitor (Diya Bistro), who I had met at the same Dream Shaadi Expo. The gentleman who runs the business, had no idea of emails I had sent, which accounts emails had gone to. He was very hesitant to speak prices - no prices were published on his menu because he wanted flexibility to adjust with market rates, and he told me if he printed menus with set prices, he would be losing money on printing menus reflecting incorrect prices. In addition, what bugged me the most interacting with Diya Bistro was that I could not get a word out of my mouth without getting cut off by this man.

Weddings are once in a lifetime occasions. For memorable and significant events, trust IndAroma to treat you like family - Abhishek and Marissa listened to every request, and they had recollection of every detail; not one tiny detail I had discussed was misinterpreted or misunderstood. IndAroma elevated all of my food-related stress. I recall during my reception, Marissa personally tended to my groom and I both. Not just once, but throughout the night, wanting to make sure we did not get distracted, that we got to eat and drink properly.

Truly, Abhishek, you have a dream team. I thank, Abhishek, Marissa, TJ, Chef, and the rest of the IndAroma Team for all the love and delicious khana peena. Literally everything you served was infused with so much flavor, so much love (that is the secret ingredient, right?). Thank you, Chef, for such a delicious line-up of treats. You were all beyond amazing. Much love!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Jayant Ahuja · Married on 10/05/2019

Excellent and Flawless Service

I want to share a wonderful experience we had with IndAroma to cater the reception at my daughter's wedding. Abhishek and his team were a pleasure to work with. Not only were they professional and answered all of our many questions patiently during the planning process, they were fun to be around. We thoroughly enjoyed their selections - I received numerous compliments from many of our guests about the gastronomic delight IndAroma provided. The wedding went perfectly and IndAroma played a big role in making this event special. I would definitely recommend IndAroma to anyone for a wedding or other event.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Jaydeep

Jaydeep Bhatia · Married on 09/07/2019

Great Food and Service

We had our wedding events catered by IndAroma in Fairfax, VA. They catered a Welcome Party, our religious ceremony and our reception at the Fairfax Marriot. Their staff provided excellent service at all the events. They went above and beyond during the reception. The food tasted great and we got a lot of compliments from our guests for it. Their desserts were excellent, especially their gulab jamun cheese cake. Overall a great experience.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Aditi

Aditi Dholakia · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Caterer In the Country

InAroma absolutely did a fantastic job, we catered them all day for our wedding event, from lunch, to snacks, to cocktail hour appetizers and dinner. The food at our wedding was the talk of the town, and we are so happy we chose them to be our caterer for the day. I will absolutely chose them again and again for all our future events! Thank you so much InAroma-you made our day!
    September 1, 2019
    Aditi & Abishek

Sent on 09/04/2019

Anu M · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Indian food ever!

From the minute we met Abhishek to discuss catering for our wedding we knew indaroma was going to be the right choice. We wanted an all vegetarian meal that would appeal to both our Indian and non Indian guests. From the planning, to the tasting, to the final decisions about the presentation we had a perfectly smooth experience. Marissa who was our catering manager was super responsive to all our questions and a joy to work with. All of our guests absolutely loved the food even those who were not real fans of indian food. Indaroma definitely is the caterer of choice in the DC area.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Kayur

Kayur Shah · Married on 07/27/2019

IndAroma Caterer Review by Kayur Shah

IndAroma was everything we had hoped for in a caterer. Words cannot explain how amazing the IndAroma team was from start to finish and through our entire wedding process from the extensive, thorough, and DELICIOUS tasting to our final reception menu on the big wedding day. Abhishek and his team were wonderful!!

They were always there for us and were always responsive and attentive to our vision and needs. They never failed to return our phone calls or respond to our emails. Abhishek, the busy man he is, was always there when I personally needed to speak to him to ease my worries about the wedding day and menu. He was also available via phone/text/email and always looked out for our best interest. He always gave us the best recommendations for our menu and did not overdo it. He catered to our guests needs and dietary restrictions. He was also great with both of our families and eased their worries in terms of the menu selection.

Our guests loved our cocktail hour menu and dinner was also a hit. Indaroma’s desserts were also just as amazing and our guests still talk about our dessert selection.

Abhishek also gave advice on certain other aspects of the wedding outside his expertise. More importantly, him and his staff were beyond professional and kind.

Again, like I said, words can’t explain the service that IndAroma provided. The level of professionalism, availability, and attention to detail was exceptional.

I, myself, am super Type A and cared a lot about details and strive for perfection, so IndAroma was there for me and my wife. And believe me, I ASK A LOT of questions. Abhishek was very patient with me and reassured my wife and I with the catering process and the menu items.

In short, I recommend IndAroma to be any future bride/groom’s caterer. I recommend their catering services without any reservations. If we were to do it all over again, we’d pick them as our caterer again. Their menu is exceptional and their flavors are tasteful, unique, and traditional but with a modern twist!

Kayur Shah (Groom)

Sent on 01/16/2020

J&J · Married on 07/12/2019

Thank you!

We did a couple of food tastings at various Indian restaurants before we found Indaroma. As soon as we met with the staff and did the tasting with them, we knew we had found an exceptional catering company. Their professionalism and dedication to quality sets them apart from their competitors. Although they are not the cheapest Indian caterers in the area, you really get what you pay for with the quality of the food, presentation and professionalism of the staff.

We had around 400 people attend our wedding, and many guests expressed how much they enjoyed the food from Indaroma. Some of them even visited their local restaurant later. One of the most popular items for the night was the gulab jamun cheesecake, we highly recommend it!

Indorama puts a lot of energy and commitment into their work, and it shows on the results you get from them. We can confidently recommend them for your catering needs.

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Charles

Charles Pritchard · Married on 06/08/2019

Exceptional in Every Way

It would be impossible to adequately describe how perfect our experience with IndAroma was. Their excellent staff worked with us to craft our perfect menu - which for us was a variety of unique indian fusion dishes (they were happy to go all vegetarian for us, although they do have meat options as well). The food was so good that our photographer actually wrote us a hand written letter a few weeks after to tell us how amazing everything was.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Anil Bhatnagar · Married on 06/01/2019

Authentic/delicious Indian food and incredible service

We recently held our son’s reception at Harbour View and selected IndAroma as our caterer after checking several other vendors that cater for Indian marriages. We could not have selected a better caterer for our event. If you want authentic and delicious Indian food that you can even “customize” to your likes and dislikes, and if you want to work with very friendly, accommodating, responsive, professional and helpful people, this is the place for you. Abhishek, Marissa, Malena, and everyone else at IndAroma, will go out of their way to first help you make the right selections for your event, and then serve everything in the right way (including items at any “live stations” that you may opt for). At the tasting, they listen to everything you want to say about your selections, and work with you, if needed, to adjust the level of spices in a dish or the amount of fillings in something like a samosa, etc. Their menu has all of the standard Indian dishes, and some very unique and interesting selections like Gulab Jamun Cheesecake which you must try. They even let you make suggestions and are happy to include non-menu items. In short, they will do everything possible to ensure you get exactly what you want in every way. Every guest at our reception complimented us on the food that was served, and a couple even followed up to ask the exact names of the dishes so that they could also serve these in their upcoming events! IndAroma is undoubtedly one of the best places – if not the best – for Indian food catering in the Washington metropolitan area. If you go with them for your special event, you will not be disappointed. In fact, this will be the best decision you made for one of the very important parts of any celebration, something that everyone will remember for years to come.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Jithu · Married on 05/26/2019

Modern Indian Food Done Right

One of the best parts about our wedding. IndAroma made us feel so comfortable! They've done this before and knew exactly what to do. They had a lot of great suggestions and worked with us to build the menu we wanted. Our Indian family loved the modern take on the food and the cocktail hour was a hit. The food was amazing and working with Abishek and team was the best decision we made.

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Dhwani

Dhwani · Married on 05/12/2019

Highly impressed by the food and the service! Delicious!

I would highly recommend Ind Aroma. Abhishek and the team are amazing people to work with: very responsive, understand the need, easy to work with. The understood our vision our requirement & food restrictions and made the most delicious food that our guest and us would remember for rest of our lives. They provided us with amazing food options. We catered them for Sangeet, Cocktail and Reception. We had live stations, buffet style and mocktails. All the menus were brilliantly picked and prepared at the best of the ability. We loved it.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Nira

Nira Desai · Married on 05/11/2019

Beyond delicious, excellent service

I'm pretty sure every bride and groom have that fear that the food won't
    be as good at the actual event as it was at the tasting. I can honestly say - I think the food was even better at our reception than the day we tried it! Our guests raved about the food - and that's saying a lot - given that we have a lot of good cooks in our family who have strong judgment about catered food! We got compliments for days after about how tasty everything was and how innovative the food options were - some favorites were the mango shrimp cocktail and the paneer wontons, I also thought the Nilgiri lamb was to die for. The dessert lounge was phenomenal and so innovative - gulab jamun cheesecake, gajar halwa tarts and the kulfi with falooda was the biggest hit of all. We couldn't have asked for nicer, more responsive staff in the lead-in, they worked seamlessly with us and the venue to make everything work and truly exceeded our expectations. You won't be disappointed working with IndAroma!

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Sonia

Sonia Desai · Married on 05/10/2019

Delicious food and fabulous service!

The IndAroma team was very responsive to all of our requests leading up to our wedding, and they certainly delivered when it came to food quality and taste. Our families raved about all dishes - a mix of veggie and meat dishes (the tandoori lamb chops were a particular hit!). We think food can make or break an event, and IndAroma made ours all the more incredible. We'll definitely be keeping them in mind for all future family festivities :)

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • melody

melody · Married on 04/20/2019

Fantastic food, Excellent service

So happy we booked IndAroma for our wedding! The food was amazing, all of our guests were raving about it all night. I love that their Indian fare is authentic, and still very appealing to western appetites. Service for our food was also stellar, their staff was attentive and friendly. If you are looking for food options that will be as delightfully memorable as the happy event itself, make sure you book this place!!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Maya · Married on 04/06/2019

If you hire no one else, hire IndAroma

Wow. Such an incredible catering and cooking team at IndAroma. If you are planning your Indian or Indian-American wedding in the DC area, we cannot recommend them enough. Abhishek, Marissa, and Malena helped craft the perfect fusion menu for our big day. From coordinating tastings, decor details, and other logistics, they are a highly professional team that exceeded our expectations. The food is amazing. Indian food can often be delicious but fails on presentation. With IndAroma, it will shine on both fronts. Even today, our friends and family are raving about the live stations, bar service, and palak chaat. Abhishek has an eye for tasteful food presentation, and a palette that will impress even the biggest, most pretentious foodies and critical Indian aunties! Thank you, IndAroma for everything!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing Wedding Caterer!

We really enjoyed working with Indaroma as our outside caterer for our wedding at the Westin in Annapolis. it was a great experience from meeting with Abhishek and Malena to pick the appetizers, dinner, and dessert items to the tasting. On the day of the wedding the staff was very professional. Our guests all really enjoyed all the food and a few guests even mentioned it was the best wedding food they had ever had! They were also open to some creative ideas as I wanted to incorporate more of an American flare on the Indian food (ex. mini lamb burgers, won-tons, shrimp skewers, etc.). Overall, I would recommend Indaroma as caterer for weddings.

Sent on 04/18/2019