In The Garden Reviews

90 | Highlands, NJ

90 Reviews for In The Garden

Jeff · Married on 08/28/2016

In the Garden does great work! That being said, they are small and are only available a few days a week to meet. They did work with us to offer many choices and understood what we wanted. The finished products were amazing! The table centerpieces were VERY full of the light blue Hydrangeas and yellow roses that we wanted. The arrangements for the "alter" came out great too! We would definitely use them again!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Great quality and service for a good price

Sent on 12/27/2014

Maribeth · Married on 05/30/2010

In the garden was so wonderful in helping plan for our wedding. Everything turned out even better then expected. The flower arrangements were gorgeous! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/03/2010

Alyson · Married on 05/30/2010

In the Garden was one of the best choices we made as far as our wedding vendors. They were an absolute pleasure to work with. When we met to discuss the wedding flowers, I only gave them our color scheme and a few of our favorite blooms, and they were able to provide all the beautiful combinations using their creativity and talent. They ran through all the possibilities of what we might want for our wedding day and made sure to offer alternatives to fit our budget. They were clear in what was included in the contract and were able to include everything we asked for and in our price range! When the flowers arrived on the wedding day, I was floored. I got tears in my eyes - everything was so beautiful and they took care of all the deliveries to the wedding party, church, and reception hall seamlessly. The flowers looked amazing in the wedding day photos. We couldn't have been happier with their work and I would enthusiastically recommend In the Garden's services to any bride and groom, and have already done so!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Lisa E. · Married on 06/14/2014

3.5

Nancy was the florist for our wedding in June at the Water Witch Club and we can't even begin to count how many compliments we’ve received from our guests on the flower arrangements. Not a single detail went unnoticed and she certainly exceeded all of our expectations with everything.

We were seriously blown away by how she was able to transform our venue into exactly what we wanted. Every detail was done to perfection from the bouquets and boutineers to the centerpieces and planters around the room. I would highly recommend Nancy for any wedding or event as she takes so much pride in her work and it definitely shows!

Sent on 07/06/2014

In The Garden's reply:

Thank you Lisa and Eric! My responsiveness is something I am really trying to work on! I love what I do, and keep really busy doing it! Thank you for your patience with me! You both were a pleasure! Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Barbara · Married on 10/05/2013

3.5

In the Garden did an incredibly beautiful job on our wedding flowers. Not only did they have amazing ideas, vision and artistry, they delivered everything they had promised and more. I could not have ever imagined the type of beauty they put together and I would highly recommend them based on their amazing skill and taste level. I felt that Nancy not only understood the look I wanted for my wedding, she actually built upon it and made it even more lovely AND for a VERY reasonable price. They are honorable professionals who deliver what they promise and they have wonderful suggestions. Because they are a small business who takes care in each job they do, it was not always easy to get a hold of Nancy but other staff made sure to be responsive and when it comes down to your wedding day, Nancy will put in all of the back breaking work to reach out to you and make it just right. I was more than satisfied with their service and I will always cherish the photos I have of my beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, etc.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Vicki · Married on 06/07/2013

3.5

We used In the Garden for our centerpieces, bouquets, ceremony flowers and for accents at our venue. They did a great job! Nancy started following me on Pinterest so she could see what our vision for the wedding. The flowers came out even better than the pictures on my page. The only reason that I didn't give them 5 stars is because they were sometimes a little difficult to get a hold of, but they did fantastic work!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/14/2016

Nancy and Eileen were great! They made sure we had good communication about what I was looking for. Guests commented how beautiful all of the floral decor was. It added to the whimsical feel of our day.

Sent on 06/04/2016

In The Garden's reply:

Thank You Melissa! Congratulation! Working for you at the Taylor Butler House was a great experience!

Lauren · Married on 08/29/2015

When it came to choosing a florist for my NJ wedding -- I knew I was going to be picky. As a home magazine editor, I had pretty specific ideas on what I was looking for my in my wedding flowers -- and they weren't super traditional. I wanted organic looking bouquets with lots of greenery and trendy blooms -- a style that many area florists just don't do or won't replicate.

Nancy at In the Garden was a DREAM to work, and she was my flower savior for my wedding. Not only was she super professional and knowledgeable, but she actually listened to (and remembered!) my ideas -- something I can't say for all my wedding vendors. I was able to sit with Nancy for over an hour a few weeks before my wedding and pick out every bloom with her. She used the vessels I had collected with ease, and did SUCH a wonderful job decorating my venue with all of the arrangements. Another pro in hiring her was that her team can also do other event design -- we had string lights all over our venue that she put up.

I'd recommend In the Garden to any bride!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2010

I had a wonderful overall experience with In The Garden. Nancy was a pleasure to work with and understood my vision right away. The amount she charged for the job she did was unbelievable. She was affordable and produced a beautiful product. The day of the wedding she was perfectly on time to drop off flowers for me, the church, and the reception. I would like to say thank you to In The Garden and to Nancy for being such a wonderful Florist for my wedding, my big day would not have been the same without you!

Sent on 05/24/2010

C · Married on 09/17/2011

Nancy was very flexible--I came to her late and she worked in my request very quickly. The flowers and bouquet were exactly what I was looking for!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Cathy · Married on 08/12/2011

3.0

The flowers we got from In the Garden were absolutely beautiful! Everything came together perfectly, & we're happy that Nancy & her crew were able to be our wedding florist for our big day :)

Sent on 09/10/2011

Jenna · Married on 10/08/2016

4.2
      2.5

I was very happy with my service from In The Garden. It was very easy to meet and select items to add to my bouquet. My favorite part was their help in delivering and setting up. It made my wedding day that much easier and stress free! I have recommended them to all my family and friends planning events and will use them again in the future for other events needing floral arrangements.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Erin · Married on 08/19/2017

3.4
      3.0
      2.5

First off, Nancy and her team at In The Garden are extremely attentive and very kind. That being said, I was a little disappointed with my wedding flowers. My bouquets were very underwhelming; I asked for an all white/cream based bouquet with greenery for myself and my bridesmaids. When the flowers were delivered, I felt that they looked nothing like how I imagined. My bridesmaids bouquets were all different sizes, too. The boutonnières were nice, but were all different sizes as well. I also noticed that the flowers were browning and didn't look fresh. All of this aside, my centerpieces and other florals that were created for my wedding day were absolutely beautiful. In the end, I would recommend In The Garden to new brides, but would definitely say to be clear in what you want, provide pictures, and follow-up to ensure you are getting exactly what you are paying for/expecting.

Sent on 09/03/2017

Denise · Married on 09/09/2017

2.8
      2.0

Overall, my wedding florals came out nice, but it was a difficult process, pricey, and (in some cases) not what I asked for. I received my initial quote, and we met once again about months out from the wedding and she prepared a trail bridal bouquet. We made some more adjustments but it took weeks to finally get a revised quote. This revised quote had many price and item discrepancies (i.e., missing items, price increases, double charged items). Since it was not a hard itemized list, it was difficult to follow after numerous revisions. I ended up going into the store front to discuss face to face. In the end, I never received a true itemized priced receipt; it was more of a generalized pricing guideline.
    Cons:
    -I paid $8/foot for greenery garland sans florals. Although this garland was plenty for the table spread, $8 per foot is pretty steep. Additionally, the greenery they selected had orange berries on them. Not the end of the world, but also not what I asked for.
    -I asked for greenery on my three cakes (see photo attached). This cost $65. This is extremely overpriced for what I received.
    -I requested that my bridesmaid bouquets would have only greenery. Unfortunately, they decided to include white flowers throughout all the bouquets even though I made it clear to only have leaves.
    -My bridal bouquet did not include the O'Hara rose as promised. This is a distinct white and peachy tone rose with a large and loose pedal. As you can see from the photo below, they were not included at all. A plain white rose was included. I also included a photo of my trial bouquet (you can see the large peachy rose front and center).

Overall, they made is difficult, were not responsive, always seemed too busy and never remembered me or my event details, and they did not follow my requests for my details.

Sent on 10/23/2017