In the Clouds Events Reviews

31 | San Gabriel, CA

31 Reviews for In the Clouds Events

Jenna Kobara · Getting married on 04/09/2021

We Love In the Clouds Events!

As we sit down to write this online review of our wedding planner, Tina Li, it is difficult to describe our full appreciation of her. When we first met Tina, we knew we had met the right person! She had this energy and warmth that was absolutely contagious. Tina was extremely organized even during our first consultation visit with questionnaires, checklists, and spreadsheets. She kept us on track with each aspect of the wedding starting from the first day we decided to hire her up until our actual wedding day. Planning a wedding can be very stressful and daunting with all the options available for each aspect of the wedding. Tina was always able to incorporate all of our information for our ideal wedding and create a final product that was not only feasible, but phenomenal. She really took the time to get to know us, and to know our story. She helped up make our wedding have personal touches that made it unique and made it ours. She also helped us try and stay under budget. Tina also provided us with constructive feedback if an idea was not best option. She was always readily available for us to contact her through either text or email, all while juggling her own personal and family life with two kids!

The actual wedding day can sometimes be very stressful. Tina made sure to continuously communicate with us the day before and throughout our wedding day. She made sure that all the pieces were in place and we were to just enjoy this special moment in our lives. Our wedding day had some surprises as well with a change in forecast due to rainy weather. Tina was quick with her decision making and was able to make the necessary adjustments to the schedule and the venue. She really helped us make the rest of the day go smoothly. Tina made sure that we actually got to eat, dance, and fully enjoy our wedding day!

Again, there are not enough words to describe the fantastic work that Tina Li and her staff at In the Clouds Events produced for our wedding. We highly recommend her for everyone looking for a wedding planner! You will not regret your decision and will be able to enjoy your wedding day without the stress.

-Jenna and David

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Ng · Married on 01/18/2020

Amazing Day with In the Clouds Help!

I have been in a couple weddings before I had my own & I met Tina when she was helping my friends get married. She was just wonderful that day of that when I knew it was my time to get married, I asked my friend for her contact information. She didn't disappoint. She was so organized, so detailed and she kept us informed and on schedule. She also helped us stay positive as the wedding planning ramped up. Tina & her team's weight & value comes the day of. They are completely in line with your vision & executed that day of to the fullest. I was never bothered & we were able to enjoy our important day. thank you tina & your team!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Gary

Gary Tsai · Married on 12/07/2019

Awesome team and great service

Went with "In the Clouds Events (ITCE)" after recommendations from friends, and I have to say that I'm glad we hired them for our wedding. Our wedding was very last minute, and ITCE helped with planning every step of the way, answering all questions and concerns. They were very responsive in a timely manner and helpful during the entire planning process. The team was great and so nice, making the effort to make sure our day went as smooth as possible. They were helpful with design, and helped us keep costs within range of our budget. Thanks so much! Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/30/2019

Davita · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Event Planner!

Tina and her team are so awesome! They went above and beyond what was required in our contract. Having her through the process of planning our wedding made it all go more smoothly. She is extremely organized, responsive, kind, and reassuring. You definitely want her on your team for any event you're planning! She has so many resources and also recommended other amazing vendors for us as well, so our entire team was perfect and made everything even better than we had imagined for the day of the wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 08/31/2019

Worth every penny

I honestly cannot say enough good things about this team. I was a skeptic of wedding coordinators at first. I thought they were just for people having extravagant 250+ people weddings and people who had too much money to spend. I also kept telling myself I was going to have a simple wedding - no frills. Being the cheapass I was, I really had ZERO intent on hiring one. I only had to hire one because my venue required and OH BOY how glad I am that I did!

I hired them for day of coordination but Tina and Vivian went above and beyond their duties during the entire planning process. My now-husband and I live on the east coast but they were there for me through every step of the process. We exchanged several emails, had phone calls, and video calls. They checked in on me frequently, recommended vendors, and gave me helpful tips and suggestions for finding the best team for my wedding. Once I hired people, I simply had to hand them off to Tina and Vivian and they took care of the rest. I didn't have to worry about who was coming when and what they needed for setup on the day of my wedding.

On the day of my wedding, they were there for me in a heartbeat. Due to the hours I had them contracted for, they did not arrive until the afternoon. I needed their help in the morning and had to call Vivian a few times. And WOW Vivian picked up the phone WITHIN THE FIRST RING. That showed me their true dedication, and even though they couldn't physically be there in the morning, they made sure to be available and on call for me. When they arrived, they were super attentive and organized. I saw them running around communicating with my other vendors, the venue's staff, my close family, and my wedding party. Yet they still found time to check in with me frequently. It was a hot day during the photoshoot and they even brought out water for me to make sure I stayed hydrated. It was so sweet and I felt like they truly cared. :')

There was an issue with the parking at the hotel. Most of my guests had not arrived yet even though the ceremony time had started because the hotel's parking garage got full. They ran down and talked to the hotels staff and put a person in front of the garage redirecting my guests to another nearby lot. We had to push back the ceremony 15 minutes but everything went so smoothly. Even my parents told me they were so glad I hired them, and they were the BIGGEST skeptics of wedding coordinators.

Because of them, I actually got to enjoy my wedding, talk to my guests, and even EAT, which is a big thing because everyone told me I wouldn't get a chance to eat on my wedding day. If I ever have 2nd wedding (hopefully I won't!), I will absolutely hire them again! Just WOW.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/20/2018

Great team!

I hired Tina and her team for my wedding in October 2019. Her services started when I booked her on December 2018. I’ve had the pleasure to get to know Tina throughout the 10 months. She is diligent, responsive, detailed oriented, and easy to work with. She made sure all my questions and concerns were addressed. Without her, my wedding wouldn’t have gone the way it did. We had an issue where we couldn’t set up the reception area earlier than anticipated. Tina told me not to worry and handled the vendor set up like a champ! She also made sure all my DIY items for dessert table, guest sign in table, sweethearts table cloth, and etc were set up properly. Tina saw my vision and was able to recreate the wedding I wanted. Honestly, I am a big procrastinator and Tina gave me soft nudges from time to time to make sure I was on track to book my vendors and check off my tasks. I didn’t have to worry about anything on the day of since she perfected everything for me. I have and will continue to recommend Tina to everyone I need for event planning services!

Sent on 03/25/2020

Grace Chiang · Married on 09/02/2018

Best decision ever

Tina was a pleasure to work with and we are so grateful to have had her as our wedding coordinator. We knew instantly after our initial meeting that we would be in good hands. Her preparation and attention to detail was invaluable to us in our planning, as we really needed the guidance. She is extremely organized and kept us on track throughout the entire wedding planning process. We were able to bounce our ideas off of her - any question/task we faced she was able to help us through it all. The main reason why we decided to look for a wedding coordinator was because our venue did not provide one. We needed someone who we could trust to work with all the vendors. Tina and her team went above and beyond what we expected. Tina was reliable, easy to work with, and a joy to be around. She was always professional and patient with us every step of the way.

On the day of our wedding, there were a few minor hiccups that we only heard about after the wedding because she did not bother us with it if it wasn't important. Tina took care of handling everything and truly wanted us to just enjoy the day stress-free. She checked-in with us throughout the day to make sure we had everything we needed. She kept us all on schedule and had our best interests in mind.

Not only is it an absolute necessity to have a Day Of Coordinator, it is one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning. We highly recommend In the Cloud Events team because we can't imagine our Big Day without Tina. We owe our most heartfelt thanks to her for a smooth, stress-free, successful, and memorable day. THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Dexter · Married on 06/03/2018

Tina was our wedding coordinator and we were impressed with how organized and responsive she was. Whenever we had questions, she would respond very quickly, whether it was text, email or phone. When we couldn’t decide on certain themes or decorations, she would give us a lot of creative ideas and even let us borrow some of her props.

Not only that, she would send reminders when we had to do certain tasks by so we didn’t have to worry about missing any deadlines. All our interactions with her were very positive and she really goes the extra mile. We would highly recommend Tina to anyone for their next event!

Sent on 06/08/2018

In the Clouds Events's reply:

Thanks Dexter & Connie! You two are an amazing loving couple! We are honored to have been part of your wedding planning process. So glad you trust us to manage the vendors and coordinated the logistics. Wish you the best!

Jonathan · Married on 08/18/2017

Hiring Tina as our wedding coordinator was the best decision we made while planning for our wedding this summer. Tina was not only friendly, easy to work with, very organized and always patiently guiding us through every little planning details. She was also very responsive via text and email whenever we have questions. She always offered help when we needed it the most such as recommending vendors that fit within our budget and needs, help selecting music for the wedding, even last minute purchases right before the wedding just to name a few. I really appreciate her reaching out and always making sure we are on schedule and working on our to-do list. All the vendors she suggested fit within our budget and did a wonderful job at our wedding - We couldn't be any happier and thankful to have her help making our beautiful wedding come true. We also appreciate Tina's bilingual skills, she's fluent in Mandarin and it makes the whole planning process easier as my wife and I are Mandarin speaker. To sum it up - Tina is simply amazing in so many ways and I would highly recommend her to anyone as their wedding coordinator!

Jonathan & Yaoyao Wang

Sent on 11/02/2017

Matthew · Married on 11/19/2016

If you're looking for a wedding planner, your search should be over right here because you've found her. Hands down she is the reasons why our wedding went so well. Tina was on top of everything, all of our guests were very impressed, and the wedding was above and beyond our expectations as far as execution goes. She was organized for our planning months before the big day and was and cool and calm as can be. There are always stresses during that month before the wedding, but Tina made it feel effortless and took a lot of weight off our shoulders, especially with the small nit-picky things. Would recommend 100%, don't hesitate to do business with her!

Sent on 12/25/2016
  • Emi

Emi · Married on 11/13/2016

Our friends and family still rave about our wedding!

I'm so embarrassed this review is being provided so long after our wedding!
    Tina was amazing at keeping my husband and I on track, even though we were both traveling frequently on opposite schedules for work. I do event production (mostly conventions and live events) for a living, and I'm certain our availability was a major challenge, but she was cool as a cucumber the entire process and calmed us down when our planning panic would start to set in.
    People still bring up our wedding and how fun and beautiful it was pretty regularly, so we know she knocked it out of the park, not just for us but for all of our guests!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Amanda-Faith · Married on 10/29/2016

Tina is great! I was fortunate I'm meeting her through one of my closest friends. She was really able to help me stay on top of my DIY wedding. With planning and executing a wedding in 100 days it seems a tad impossible but it came out to be pretty special! Lot of thanks to Tina, you were really able to help me stay on track!

xoxo

Sent on 09/30/2016

Amy · Married on 10/02/2016

Tina is amazing!! I had such a wonderful experience working with Tina and her team for my fall wedding! She helped me with the design of the wedding, recommended vendors, was our day-of coordinator, and so much more. There is so much detail/logistics that goes into a wedding that it can be overwhelming, but Tina did such a great job of managing everything, creating design options, offering advice, and relieving the stress of the whole planning process. She is incredibly flexible and prompt with her responses. Tina is also very dependable, detailed, and organized in everything she does. She coordinated with my vendor team and outlined the schedule for them as well as for my wedding party well in advance to ensure that everyone knew when and where they had to be on the wedding day. On the wedding day, guests commented how everything flowed so smoothly and I was really able to enjoy the evening as Tina and her team truly did an excellent job. Having Tina throughout the whole wedding planning process and day of definitely kept me calm and assured that everything was taken care of. I would highly recommend Tina for your event planning needs, I am so glad I did! Thank you Tina!! :)

Sent on 12/30/2016
  • Yareli

Yareli · Married on 03/26/2016

THE BEST DECISION I MADE!!! She truly helped me throughout the entire wedding planning. My wedding day went smooth thanks to Tina and her staff. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of and I was really able to enjoy our special day. I hired her for the day of but she was still available throughout the entire time. I absolutely recommend her to anyone! I look back on our wedding day. All of my guests said our wedding day was very organized and well coordinated. I thank Tina for all of her help!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Augustine · Married on 05/09/2015

We loved working with In the Clouds Events and couldn’t have done it without them. Tina is very organized and pleasure to work with. We were planning a church wedding with 220 guests. I was stressed from our plans to convert cafeteria into beautiful reception hall but Tina took care of everything. Tina managed multiple vendors and really understood what we were trying to achieve. Hiring In the Clouds Events was by far the best decision we made during the wedding planning.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Robary · Married on 04/17/2015

Tina the event coordinator was such a help and very reassuring. Weeks before the wedding I became nervous about the timeline and being able to complete everything during our special day. She ran through the timeline with me and pointed out what was realistic and what we needed to adjust. On the day of she helped to make it happen. I didn't see her that often because she remained behind the stage and was able to get things done seamlessly. She worked with the site coordinators and other vendors to make adjustments we needed that day. She helped decorate the cake table and our sweetheart table. She made us a personalized burlap banner to hang on our table - it was a very pleasant surprise!

I recommend her to anyone getting married and needs help with making their wedding dreams a reality.

Thanks In the cloud events !

Sent on 09/15/2015

Sharon · Married on 09/17/2011

At first, given our tight budget I was really debating whether or not I wanted to spend the money on a wedding coordinator. Now I can honestly say that I couldn't be happier that I did. There are just too many detail that come with a wedding and having Tina around really lifted a big weight off my shoulders. Tina was always on top of things and she knew what she was doing.

So much effort is put into planning that one special day and there is just too much going on. You don't want to be answering questions or fixing any problems. What you will want is someone organized, experienced, and reliable to be in charge. I strongly recommend you go with Tina. Trust me, you won't regret it! Thanks Tina :)

Sent on 11/19/2011

Kim · Married on 09/03/2011

Planning an out of town wedding was difficult in and of itself...Unfortunately, the previous wedding planner we had did not keep our budget in mind nor understood our vision. Therefore I was in kind of a bind and knew I needed to find someone who was professional, reliable, and could bring my vision together (on a budget!!) all while I was in school in Arizona. Then came Tina (after a ton of research)…she was all that and more. After only one meeting at Starbucks, she sent me a moodboard that was spot on! Not only did I feel like she was a friend, she was always there to assure me that everything was on track. I can’t thank Tina and her team enough for everything they did!!! Our wedding was a dream come true and I couldn’t have done it without her =)

Sent on 02/15/2012

April · Married on 08/20/2011

Tina and her team did an amazing job as my day of coordinator. Her service was excellent, we met in person once before signing a contract and she reviewed the details of the package. We mostly communicated through email, which was perfect given my schedule. She was very responsive to any of the questions or planning difficulties I had. I felt that Tina went above and beyond my expectations of a day of coordinator as she helped me through every step of the process. Leading up to the wedding she was in close contact with me regarding my wedding timeline and kept me on track with my planning. She contacted all of my vendors to make sure that they knew when and where they should be. I received compliments from my vendors regarding Tina's organizational skills.The day of the wedding she was in touch with all of my vendors for me, and the day went flawless. Tina and her team were professional throughout the entire day. They worked well together, and coordinated the ceremony without any miscommunication with the hotel staff or each other. I received many compliments regarding their services from my guests. I highly recommend In the Clouds Events to plan and coordinate your wedding.

Sent on 11/16/2011

Katie · Married on 06/25/2011

Tina was the best wedding vendor we had, and my only regret was not bringing her into the planning process sooner. She was incredibly responsive to all of my emails, no matter how random the question, and made the weeks leading up to the wedding unexpectedly relaxing. I connected with her via WeddingBee and, being a DIY bride, had a lot of projects that needed to be set up to create my wedding vision. She handled all of them perfectly and my wedding was beautiful, fun, and filled with love. I'm sure there were lots of glitches during the setup and wedding itself, but she was always a calm, reassuring presence that just encouraged me to have the best day of my life, and I did.

I can't recommend her enough! Even if you're on a tiny budget, find some room for a professional like Tina. You will be so thankful you did!

Sent on 07/02/2011

Molly · Married on 10/17/2010

Tina Li and the In the Clouds Events team was extremely helpful to me during the planning process!

I originally hired Tina as a day-of coordinator, but she kept in touch with me in the months between the day of booking and the wedding. She made sure I was on track with my planning and continually offered her help, which was a relief to me.

I knew I was in good hands with Tina. It rained on the day of my outdoor ceremony wedding. She showed up at the hotel I was getting ready at that morning to show me pictures of how we could set up the ceremony inside, and then once I made my decision, she took off to make sure that everything was going to go off without a hitch. If anything went wrong at the wedding, I had no idea about it, which was exactly what I wanted! She kept track of all my vendors and made sure that everything I wanted and requested was done!

I 100% recommend Tina as a planner for future brides. She's professional and I never doubted her ability to keep my wedding on track! She did an amazing job!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Judy · Married on 10/10/2010

Tina helped plan and coordinate my wedding on 10-10-10. In my eyes, everything was perfect that day. All the preplanning with Tina's help really paid off because all the guests could not stop complimenting on the beautiful detail of the wedding. Everything overall went smoothly. Although we were behind on time for some of the program, with Tina's help, we quickly caught up and were on schedule again.

Tina's attentiveness and knowledge of the wedding industry helped so much. She helped me notice all the things I did not think about before. She is always there to reply to my questions whether by email or text message. Tina has experience in doing many different types of wedding, whether it is Asian, American, church, garden, indoor or outdoor. With her help,you will guarantee less headaches and more fun on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/14/2010

Marie · Married on 10/10/2010

Luisa Hung from In The Clouds Events and her team did a fantastic job for my 10.10.10 Wedding at Marvimon in Downtown L.A. She helped me with my planning from beginning to the actual day. I would not recommend anyone getting married without consulting and hiring a wedding coordinator. There are just so many nuances that no one person can remember or even think of even with a wedding planner book.

Luisa was available whenever I needed her opinion, advice, or had questions via email, text, or just a phone call away and was ready to meet me for the venue design consultation, the on-site rehearsal and was there from 12noon to 12midnight on my wedding day. Full service, quality service, and a consummate professional. I could not ask for more out of a wedding planner. She went above and beyond my expectations.

My vision truly became a reality! We transformed a bare open industrial looking artist's space in Downtown LA to a bohemian chic hipster dream in color. Luisa was constantly following up with me and my vendors and making sure I was on track with everything I needed as well as the timetable for the day's events.

We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. I never thought it would look as good as it did but it was just breathtaking how wonderful it all came together. I cannot tell you how many compliments I got on how amazing my venue looked. At the end of the day my husband and I reflected on what a beautiful and perfect day we had just experienced and none it would have been possible with out Luisa and In The Clouds Events.

Do not hesitate in hiring In The Clouds Events for your wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2011

Lianny · Married on 09/04/2010

Tina & her team only had 1 month to prep my wedding, but she did a great work... Very responsive with e-mails and phone calls. During the last week before the wedding, she made sure that all vendors were on the same page. Without her, my wedding would be a disaster. She also help decorate my wedding and made it beautiful. Thanks Tina....

Sent on 09/17/2010

Emily · Married on 08/14/2010

Tina was wonderful to work with! Everything I asked for she provided :) She kept me calm and helped reduced the stress of being a bride-to-be enormously. Extensive research that helped me find great vendors, and the pre-wedding vendor coordination was seamless! My bridesmaid commented on how relaxed I seemed, many of the guests praised Tina's professionalism, all I had to do was sit back & enjoy the day! And I absolutely LOVED every minute of it!! Thank you, Tina!!

Sent on 08/19/2010