Impulse Entertainment DJs Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Lauren G. Getting married on 02/06/2022

Dj extraordinaire!

Nick went WAY above and beyond his duties as a DJ. From our initial conversation, Nick had a level of enthusiasm that was contagious. We left our first meeting feeling confident and excited about all of the potential. Nick in many ways is a superhuman. This was certainly not the expectation, but Nick was incredibly responsive and ALWAYS available. At times, we wondered if Nick ever slept and questioned how he was so energetic at all times! We never had to worry about Nick’s dedication to our event as he was always reaching out through email and text to make sure we were on track. Even though we were often not responsive as we were trying to figure out plans for our pandemic wedding, Nick remained positive and encouraging. The most invaluable service that Nick provided us was our first dance mashup songs. I sent Nick a series of 5 songs that I wanted mashed together into one for our first dance, and Nick got back to me within 24 hours with an awesome track. Nick is open to feedback, provides ideas and suggestions, and will remain PUMPED throughout the entire process. During our final meeting with Nick, he virtually walked through every detail of the day. Some of our details weren’t finalized, and Nick was of course very patient and accommodating. Nick took time out of his schedule to visit with us the day before our wedding at the venue in order to ensure everything flowed perfectly. We learned that in a previous life, Nick was an event planner and he graciously offered to serve as our day of planner. We would have never made it through the ceremony without Nick. He was incredibly flexible, calm, and helped to keep things moving along, even after we were an hour late to the ceremony. It is worth every single penny to have Nick personally at your event. By the end of the night, Nick felt like family, and we are so happy to find ways to continue to work with him.

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Lauren! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Nick sincerely appreciates all of the kind words you have to say! Your wedding day was nothing short of incredible and Nick is so happy he was able to exceed your expectations. :)

We wish you and Dan nothing short of the absolute best and you start your lives together as husband and wife!
  • Candice
    Candice H. Married on 08/06/2021

Look No Further!

Nick was amazing to work with from day one! He was so fun and energetic even on our phone call/facetime meetings which made us so excited for our wedding. He was so easy to work with throughout the whole process and always replied so promptly with any questions I had. The website used to add our songs and make our timeline was also very helpful and easy to use. The monthly emails kept me on track with where I should be with planning and made it not at all stressful! At the wedding he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire time and was so helpful throughout the whole night. He always asked how we were doing and was bringing us drinks, and even brought our parents and bridal party drinks throughout the whole night! We would recommend him to anyone in the area!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Candice! We are so happy that you had a great experience with us throughout the entire planning process and on your wedding day! We love those monthly emails, too! They keep both of us on track for your big day!

Congratulations to you and Travis! :) :) :)
  • Kim
    Kim G. Married on 08/05/2021

Amazing wedding DJ!

Could not have picked a better DJ than Nick for our wedding! He has the perfect personality to emcee your whole event; not to mention he was extremely attentive all night to bride and groom! We threw a few non-traditional elements into the wedding and Nick went with the flow for everything and was amazing in every aspect!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Kim! Thank you so much for sharing a few words about your experience! We loved that you and Jake intro'd your OWN bridal party .... and to the 90s Chicago Bulls intro song?! You guys nailed it! CONGRATULATIONS once again!
    Candace M. Married on 07/24/2021

Best dj ever!

Nick was the single best vendor we hired for our wedding day. Keeping the party going on our dance floor was a huge priority for us and Nick blew our expectations out of the water. Not only were his services on the day of 10/10, his communication and organization leading up to the event was excellent as well. Every month we would receive a check-in email letting us know what we should be doing to ensure we were on track for the big day. He was extremely quick to respond to our questions (and there were a lot). He made everyone involved feel so at ease on the day of and was extremely accommodating to each individual's requests. I can't say enough good things or recommend him more!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome review, Candace! We are so happy that you had a great experience with Impulse Entertainment (specifically, Nick). Your wedding day was PERFECT and the dance floor was amazing ALL NIGHT LONG! Congratulations to you and Jimmy, once again!!
    Christina B. Married on 07/17/2021

The best ever

Nick was absolutely amazing and super helpful throughout the entire wedding planning! If I had any questions at all he was always available at any time of day! I had the hardest time picking out songs and he would help me by sending me so many different options!!! We had a photo booth as well and he customized it for us!!! Everyone had an amazing time!! I honestly wouldn't pick anyone but him!!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thank you for your awesome review, Christina! We are so happy for you and Dan! :) Your photo booth was so popular throughout the evening and your dance floor was awesome!! So glad everyone had an amazing time at your wedding!!
    Nicole P. Married on 06/26/2021

Book Them Now!

Don’t hesitate, book with Impulse Entertainment DJs now! Nick is amazing! He has so much energy and gives all of his effort to make sure that your special day is perfect! Whether you want a calm event or a jamming party, he is there to meet your every need. I loved how communicative he was; he was so easy to get a hold of and always responded promptly. I also appreciated how his company would send me reminders each month on tasks that I should be completing; it really kept me on schedule and alleviated a lot of stress. His music website is also very user friendly and has a wide selection of music! In addition to meeting your music needs, Nick is all about making sure all aspects of your wedding run smoothly. He offers to help in any way possible and even offers to bring you drinks during your reception! I was referred to Nick by a friend that hired him for her wedding and I am definitely going to recommend him to my other friends as they plan their weddings. Hiring Nick was the best decision I could have made; you won’t regret hiring him or his team!! Thank you again Nick for making my wedding and reception absolutely perfect!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel D. Married on 05/15/2021

This is the DJ for you!

Wow! Nick earned the MVP title of our wedding - our guests could not stop RAVING about how amazing our DJ was! From the first call, I knew Nick's enthusiasm would be perfect to set the energy for the night. Nick was extremely professional and organized through the whole planning process (especially as we were delayed a year by COVID), and would consistently check in to see how he could be of service. Nick was always on top of everything we needed and the Impulse Entertainment website was a great way to fill out all information and upload our music recommendations. And boy, what a fun night! Even with 50 people, we had all attendees out on the dance floor. Nick also took care of getting our guests drinks, clearing plates, and helping my mom with some decorations. He laughed with our guests while remaining professional and keeping an eye on anything that needed to be done. The music was perfectly tailored to the crowd, and the whole room felt his energy (so much so that everyone didn't want to leave at the end of the night!). I highly recommend Impulse Entertainment - it will be your best wedding decision yet!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Rachel - thanks for leaving a review! We are SO HAPPY that your wedding was able to happen and that you and your guests had a great time!! Your family and friends were awesome to DJ for! I mean, someone did finger-tip pushups on the dance floor - how cool is that?! We wish you and Mitch nothing but the absolute best in your first year married together!!
  • Samantha
    Samantha L. Married on 05/14/2021

Nick and Impulse Entertainment were amazing to work with!

My husband and I had the best experience with Impulse Entertainment! Nick was absolutely amazing! A friend from work told me about him and from our first initial phone call with Nick, we knew we wanted to work with him! Nick was there for us every step of the way throughout our wedding planning journey and was amazing to reschedule with when we had to post pone our original date. Planning a wedding comes with so many emotions, and then having to reschedule on top of it all, doesn’t help. Even though Nick was our DJ he was ALWAYS so helpful with everything, even things other than our entertainment portion of our wedding. Every e-mail he sent or phone call we had with him, he reassured us everything will be amazing and if we ever needed ANYTHING he would be there for us! I mean, not many people can say their DJ is willing to help them and be there for them through all the ups and downs. Nick is truly one of a kind and was one of our favorite people to work with. The night of our wedding was absolutely amazing, and Nick exceeded all the expectations we had! He checked on us throughout the evening and made sure we always had a drink in our hand and was the best and getting everyone on the dance floor! I can’t even tell you how many of our guests told us how awesome our DJ was! Nick’s enthusiasm, professionalism, organization, responsiveness, attentiveness, and kindness are the attributes that shined through and we honestly could have not asked for a better person to DJ and MC one of the best days of our lives!!! We would recommend Nick and Impulse entertainment to anyone looking for a DJ! You will not be disappointed!!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

This review is amazing, Samantha! Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day ... part 2!!! We are thrilled that it was able to happen and that you, John, and your guests had a great time! 🙂
  • Kelli
    Kelli Married on 10/23/2020

If you want an amazing photo booth experience...

We used Impulse Entertainment for their photo booth for our wedding night! I worked with Nick from the very beginning as far as communication goes, and he was very responsive and extremely easy to get along with. When our wedding got rescheduled due to COVID and switched to private property, Nick was sweet enough to offer out a helping hand wherever needed and even offered to bring along someone else to help make the night go smoothly since I wouldn’t have an on-site coordinator. During these times, vendors show their true colors and I would hire them a million times again just based on how they treated us the entire process. The photobooth was easily our guests’ favorite thing about our reception, and mine too! Their photo booth is so different from any other photobooth I have seen at weddings, and I think that is another reason why our guests loved it so much. Steve did a great job running it all night and we got many compliments on him and his fun personality, too! Though we did not use their DJ service, I know they would be excellent with that and would hire them for any and all services they have:)

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Kelli! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy for you and Emmitt and are thrilled that you and your guests had a great experience with our photo booth! :) Also, kudos to you for continuing to plan and have your wedding in 2020 - it's been a year - and we are just OVER THE MOON excited for you both!! :)
  • Sandra
    Sandra M. Married on 10/10/2020

Rockstar Level Service!

I unfortunately did not get the pleasure of having Impulse Entertainment DJ my wedding (thanks COVID) but we booked them prior to the pandemic and I wanted to share our experience working with them. From our initial phone conversation with Nick, we knew this was a vendor we wanted to work with. Nick’s energy is infectious, and he made sure to listen to exactly what we wanted to ensure we were a good fit for each other. We of course booked with him shortly after our first call. Nick was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process and was the most communicative and service-oriented vendor we worked with - his responses to emails were usually lightning fast and he made sure to guide us through every step along the way, giving us a checklist of what we needed to accomplish in the months leading up to the wedding. Unfortunately, we had to cancel Impulse’s services due to the pandemic. Nick was beyond understanding and accommodating. Should we decide to throw a larger celebration later when life gets back to normal, he will be the first person we call. I can’t rave enough about the level of service we received. If you get the chance, do not pass up the opportunity to book Impulse Entertainment!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Sandra! Thank you so much for your kind words! Even though you weren't able to have the wedding you were hoping for (and we are truly bummed about that), we are just so happy for you and Adam! :) We are so happy that you had a great experience working with us and cannot wait to (hopefully) celebrate with you in the future!!
    Briana H. Married on 08/21/2020

Phenomenal!

Extremely friendly, easy to work with. You can see the passion and thought Nick puts into his work. Everyone loved the music, my husband and I never left the dance floor! Highly recommend!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Briana! We are so happy for you and Kody and are thrilled that you had a great experience with us!! :)
  • Allison
    Allison Z. Married on 05/22/2020

Absolutely amazing experience (10 stars!)

Absolutely amazing- made our wedding day a BLAST!!!!!! Nick is one of the most organized, professional, hard working vendors you can book, but also, as a DJ, Nick knows how to make sure you and your guests have a good time!!!! From the moment we met Nick, we knew we wanted him to be a part of our wedding team. Nick is not only enthusiastic about his job, he is personally enthusiastic about each of the couples he works with!!! When Nick enthusiastically announces you and your new spouse at your reception- he is genuinely thrilled for you because he has taken the time to personally get to know you and because he is genuinely excited for his clients. Nick will make sure you are on top of planning your music choices/making decisions with gentle monthly reminders so that nothing sneaks up on you at the last minute. His online planning portal makes wedding planning a breeze!! On the day of your wedding Nick will make sure his equipment is perfect, your dance floor is pumping, your speeches are miked, your bridal party is hype-ly (is that a word? haha) announced, your important dances are the right song/version, and if you think he's not busy enough with all that, he will make sure to bring you and your entire bridal party their first drink. Nick is incredibly personable and your guests will love him!! Nick was also so gracious when we had to change our wedding date (twice!) because of COVID, and he was so encouraging to us that even in the midst of the pandemic our wedding would still be wonderful- and he was so right!! Thank you for everything Impulse Entertainment and thank you Nick!!!!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Allison! Thank you for sharing a review of your experience! We are thrilled that you had a great wedding day and, we seriously appreciate the opportunity to be a part of it! We are also so happy you enjoyed your total DJ experience with us as we try to handle as many details as we possibly can for your wedding day! CONGRATULATIONS once again on your marriage!! :)
    Kerry S. Married on 05/16/2020

Best. DJ. EVER!!!!

Nick and his team are truly number 1. They went above and beyond to work with us through our COVID wedding and to give us a virtual reception to remember. Nick is helpful, professional, and super easy to get in touch with.

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thanks for your review, Kerry! We are SO HAPPY that everything was on-point for your virtual wedding day! We cannot wait to party with you in person next year (hopefully)!!
  • Dee
    Dee D. Married on 11/10/2019

Look No Further ---- SERIOUSLY

November 9, 2019
    If you are planning a special event in the Chicago area and need a great DJ company look no further than Impulse Entertainment!
    From our first meeting with Nick Vera in early 2018 we knew we were in great hands. Nick gets to know you (really know you) as he prides himself and his DJ’s on tailoring the overall program and music to your specific personalities, event type and guests.
    Impulse Entertainment is unique as they combine their amazing DJ skills with their understanding of what makes an event successful resulting in the most fun your guests will ever experience. Music was a very important part of our recent wedding celebration and we had specific thoughts about the types and selections that we wanted. Nick not only “got us” but teamed up with my husband to explore various types of music for pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail/dinner hour and of course the dance portions of our evening.
    The on-line planning tool that Impulse Entertainment has developed combined with their regularly scheduled follow-ups, email updates and reminders made it so easy for us to customize our evening and keep all of the important wedding details on track. Their knowledge of the wedding industry is evident in reminders about things that are totally unrelated to music but were so helpful to us as we worked to keep everything on schedule. Impulse Entertainment was always in touch with us and answered any questions we had promptly thus removing any stress we might have had as we planned every detail of our wedding. Our guests kept telling us how much they enjoyed the music and the party atmosphere that Nick created for us. Multiple guests approached us during our reception to get Impulse Entertainment contact information for upcoming events they are planning.
    When you partner with Nick and Impulse Entertainment you become family. It is not just another DJ “gig” for Impulse Entertainment; it is an important family affair to them, and it is reflected in everything they do leading up to and during the event. Special requests and announcements are handled very professionally. Everyone included in our wedding activities felt special as a result of the personalized and warm introductions Nick made.
    Nick checked in with us throughout our reception to make sure that everything was going the way we expected while not interrupting our interaction with our guests. He brought us our first drinks saw to it that our wedding party and VIP guests had everything they needed at all times.
    Don’t consider any other DJ company for your event. Any DJ can play music, but Impulse Entertainment delivers a total entertainment experience for you and your guests like no other. Their attention to detail is unmatched by any DJ company we have experienced at events we have attended in the past.
    Dee and Kent Righter, Naperville, IL

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thank you, Dee and Kent! We are absolutely thrilled with the experience you had and are just so incredibly happy for you both on tying the knot! Thank you, too, for being amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process!
  • Angela
    Angela Married on 09/06/2019

Outstanding!!

Nick was so easy to work with! He paid attention to every detail we wanted and made sure it got done! He answered any questions we had whether or not they had to do with him specifically. He was very thorough in his work and made sure to double and triple check details with us. His response time was very quick which made the overall process much easier! We couldn’t have asked for a better night!!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thank you, Angela! We are so happy that you were thrilled with our work! Response times are SO IMPORTANT to keep your stress levels at a minimum - so we are glad that we could make this experience amazing for you and Kyle! Congratulations once again!
    Sara P. Married on 09/06/2019

Nick kept our wedding day going smoothly, even after a major shuttle snafu

We used Impulse for as our Wedding DJ and photobooth for our wedding 9/6/19. They did an AMAZING job. Nick not only helped keep our schedules organized and our guests grooving, but rolled with the punches when our shuttles arrived 45 minutes late and our ceremony and cocktail hour had to be reversed. Nick checked in on us monthly during the planning process and promptly answered any email questions we sent his way. I definitely recommend hiring Impulse for any event you need!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sara! We were so happy to accommodate the changes during the day and wanted to make sure everything still flowed smoothly! A massive congratulations, once again, goes out to you and Brendan! We could not be happier for you both! :)
    Lydia S. Married on 09/01/2019

The best dance floor

Nick was an incredible DJ. He arranged multiple meetings in advance to answer all of our wedding prep questions. He handled everything during the reception with ease so that it ran seamlessly. His music picks were on point which made our dance floor high energy and non-stop! I cannot recommend Nick or Impulse Entertainment highly enough!

Impulse Entertainment DJs's reply:

Lydia! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your dance floor was EPIC all night long! We are so happy for you and Caleb! Congratulations!
    Hannah K. Married on 08/24/2019

Nick vera: best. Dj. Ever.

Nick recently DJ’d our wedding on 8.24.19. Making the choice to have Nick DJ the wedding was easy. Upon meeting him we fell in love with his enthusiasm and passion for not only music but, people. Nick wanted to get to know us as a couple. I remember at our first meeting he said, “when I leave the house I don’t want to tell my wife I’m leaving to DJ a wedding, I’m leaving to DJ Hannah and Andrew’s wedding and it’s going be awesome!” Nick was right, it was awesome! The dance floor was packed! We got SO MANY compliments on Nick’s ability to transition from song to song, his energy, and his ability to “read” the dance floor! We love to dance and music is so important to us. Nick, understood this and communicated with us on a monthly basis to make sure wedding planning was going smoothly, communicate schedules, and to ensure we were happy with song choices. Nick clearly loves his job, music, and people. That’s what makes him so awesome! Without hesitation I would highly recommend Nick Vera to anyone looking for a DJ for any event!
    Lauren Married on 07/19/2019

Excellent Service

Nick was so helpful in making our day run smoothly. He communicated well with my other vendors & made sure everything was the way that we wanted. We received many compliments about Nick--not just about the music, but also how he treated my family & bridal party. I would definitely recommend Nick & Impulse Entertainment!
    Katie H. Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome reception!

Nick Vera (owner) was a joy to work with and was willing to help any way possible through the planing process and at the wedding. Kept the wedding on schedule perfectly. Excellent DJ services, song choices were great and kept the party going! Impulse also offered an easy to use online portal for song suggestions and planning. All of our other vendors praised him for being easy to work with. Lastly, impulse entertainment really takes the time to get to know you and wants the best time possible for you and your event. Thanks for the awesome reception Nick!
  • Cindy
    Cindy M. Married on 01/26/2019

Highly Recommend!

Nick from Impulse Entertainment was an absolute pleasure to work with for our January 2019 wedding. He checked in with us monthly via email to see how wedding plans were going, offer advice if needed, and get to know us personally. He was flexible and understanding with last minute changes and helped us coordinate a lot of the details for the big day because we didn’t hire a wedding planner/coordinator.

His passion and excitement for his job is contagious!!!! We had people on the dance floor the WHOLE night and all of our guests were talking about how great he was. Nick would check with the whole wedding party throughout the night, making sure we had drinks & asking how he could help. I would absolutely recommend him for your next event. He was extremely professional and will go above and beyond for you.
    Nick Married on 11/11/2018
    Nick's enthusiasm, organization and natural ability to facilitate a wedding reception made our experience working with him one of the most fun parts of our wedding. We were so impressed with Nick every step of the way. We would highly recommend him to anyone!
    Katie Married on 10/05/2018
    Nick is absolutely the best. I have attended other weddings before that Nick has done and I knew when I got engaged that we had to have him DJ our wedding so he was the first vendor we booked right after we secured our date with our venue. He truly cares about his client’s needs and wants on their wedding day and is always willing to offer advice or answer any questions. He has a type of energy that proves he has a passion for what he does. He made sure to check on us throughout the night to see if we needed anything, and was quick to handle any requests that we had. A DJ can really make or break a wedding reception and Nick truly delivered. It was also great that he sent monthly emails leading up to the wedding especially since you book vendors so far out and do not hear from them usually until a week or so before the wedding so the monthly emails ease your mind that everything is still as planned. We are so thankful that we had Nick as a DJ and would recommend him to anyone needing a DJ for their wedding or any other event.
    Anna Married on 09/15/2018
    I highly recommend Nick as a DJ! Nick is extremely meticulous & on top of everything! He knew all the right questions to ask and was very helpful throughout the wedding planning!! 10/10 recommend!!
    Shelby Married on 09/01/2018
    Nick is AMAZING! He sends out monthly emails to make sure everything is going well with planning. Guests were dancing on the floor all night!