IMPRESSED by nature Reviews

44 | Oakland, CA

44 Reviews for IMPRESSED by nature

Linda W. · Getting married on 08/02/2021

A pleasure

Kyla was a pleasure. At my request she made suggestions and altered the design. The necklace and earrings are beautiful.

Sent on 10/20/2019

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you as well, Linda! It was fun to create your pieces and so glad you like them!
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 03/27/2021

Kyla communicated with me for approximately 3 months to make sure that my custom-made jewelry set was made according to my vision. She ended up creating a product that went beyond what I had originally imagined. This set was made in memory of my father and grandmothers, and Kyla realized that this made the quality and look of the set important to me.
    She gave me updates when I asked for them and sent me photos throughout the entire process. She was creative and gave me an excellent professional consultation. Kyla was honest. She met all of my requests and was flexible. The final product was gorgeous. It was definitely worth the money and time that I spent for something that is one-of-a-kind.

Sent on 04/04/2015

Jessica D. · Married on 08/18/2020

Impressed by Nature

I have several pieces of jewelry made by Kyla, owner of IMPRESSED by Nature. I have also worked with her to create pieces from a wedding bouquet. Kyla’s passion and attention to detail are clear in each piece she creates. She is responsive to clients’ needs and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her business for anyone looking for a unique and high quality way to preserve part of your wedding day.

Sent on 10/03/2020

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It's been a pleasure working with you too, Jessica! I am so glad you're enjoying your pieces and look forward to creating more for you!

Julie · Married on 02/15/2020

SO unique!

Kyla was a delight to work with and incredibly helpful every step of the way. From preserving my wedding bouquet to choosing the designs of my jewelry, she was sure to listen to my ideas, answer all of my questions, and even make suggestions based on her knowledge of different flowers and how well they can be preserved.

I am so happy with how my final pieces came out! I highly suggest buying this kit for yourself or as a wedding gift for friends.

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Ari

Ari · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing way to preserve and cherish your flowers!

Finding a thoughtful way to preserve my wedding flowers was really important to me. We spend a lot of time and money on our flowers, and they're so prominent in the wedding pictures. When I found impressed by nature I was so excited! The whole process was very easy, Kyla sent the kit which had clear instructions, my flowers were in water the night of the wedding, then the next morning I pulled the petals to ship off to her. Then a few months later, figuring out which pieces of jewelry we could make was really fun! Now I have these gorgeous keepsakes! When I wear them it takes me back to feeling like a bride, it's so special. A few went to my bridesmaids and they were touched. Highly recommend, especially if you live in CA then you can just drop your flowers off to Kyla yourself! The only nerve-wracking part was taking the petals off, I definitely destroyed a few. If I could go back I would get a practice bouquet beforehand to try it on!

Sent on 09/04/2020

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It was really wonderful working with you too, Ari! I'm so glad you're enjoying your accessories. Congratulations!
  • Amanda

Amanda H. · Married on 09/07/2019

Easy, fun process for a neat & beautiful product

I highly recommend working with Kyla to preserve your wedding bouquet in this really unique and creative way. She's attentive to your questions, and communicates incredibly well to set your expectations.

I met Kyla at an Etsy show in 2017, and immediately fell in love with the literally-plant-based products that she makes. I'd never seen anything like it!

When I saw on her Instagram that she made the same products through wedding bouquet perseveration, you can bet that I bookmarked that for later.

About two months before our wedding, I submitted the form on her website to request a flower-pressing kit. From her quick response, I could've pulled this off two WEEKS before the wedding! (but don't do that; be prepared and plan early!)

She asked me about my floral plans, and told me which flowers/greenery would probably be best for the jewelry, and then mailed me the kit and instructions, all of which I took with me to our destination wedding. (about 10" x 14" x 1" thick, fit in my suitcase easy-peasy). She also included a return-labeled package for me to just drop back at the post office when ready.

Immediately following ceremony and photos, my wedding coordinator put my bouquet in water, and I took that with us to our hotel after the wedding. The next morning, I watched Kyla's instructional video, and spent about an hour filling the pages of the kit with petals that I thought could be useful in my jewelry. Then I toted the kit back home in my suitcase and mailed it to Kyla.

She reached out each step of the way to let me know the flowers were received, and later to let me know that she was nearing maternity leave and how to plan around that to best service my needs, and then a few weeks later to tell me the flowers were ready for jewelry making!

Her email was incredibly helpful. Including pictures of my now-flat petals, and links to her website to show jewelry that used similar shapes to help me decide what I wanted.

Within two days, I wrote her back with 6 ideas, and asked for pricing on each. I'd say that, on average, each pair of earrings or necklace ranged from $45-$80.

I ended up placing an order for two identical pairs of earrings, two identical necklaces, and one more necklace. I LOVE how they turned out, and plan to gift earrings to my mom, a necklace to my MoH, and keep the remaining necklaces and earrings for myself.

Sent on 10/20/2019

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure working with you Amanda! I love the unique designs we came up with and I'm so glad you're enjoying them!

Neal · Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful way to preserve bridal bouquet

Kyla did an amazing job. She was very responsive, helped me pick the best jewelry designs for my florals and the finished product is gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/22/2019

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

I truly enjoyed working with you --it was so fun to design and create your pieces! I'm so glad that you love your jewelry!

Kit L. · Married on 02/15/2019

Beautiful way to preserve wedding flowers!

For me, this was the perfect way to preserve my wedding bouquet. I love floral jewelry, and Kyla created unique and beautiful keepsakes from my flowers! She was so communicative and helpful throughout the entire process. The jewelry she made turned out even more lovely than I'd imagined! The care and attention that went into each piece is evident. The petals look fragile and delicate but are actually well-protected. I think this jewelry can be worn on any occasion, and will always remind me of my wedding day. Thank you for everything, Kyla!

Sent on 05/26/2019

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It's been such a pleasure working with you, Kit! It was so fun to combine your blue and white roses into many of your pieces, and I'm so glad you're enjoying your jewelry! -Kyla
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful keepsake jewellery

Kyla was awesome in helping design some lovely pieces from my pressed flowers from my bouquet. She made matching necklaces for mum mum and I, another one for me as well as a custom shirt collar clip that I absolutely adore. Shipping was relatively quick considering I am in Australia and her emails were always prompt and friendly. Will definitely be recommending to my future sister in laws

Sent on 10/04/2020

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you to create such unique pieces, Clare! I loved collaborating on the collar clip too, it looks amazing on you!
  • Maggie

Maggie H. · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful and unique

The earrings Kyla made for my wedding day were exquisite. I got so many complements on them! They were carefully crafted and did an amazing job of completing the look I was going for on my wedding day.

Kyla was easy to work with and very knowledgable about what would work best with my flowers.

Sent on 10/25/2019

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Maggie! I love the earrings we designed together and am so glad you enjoyed wearing them!
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/22/2018

Lovely idea, loved my purchases!

Easy to work with, clear instructions, super fast service and beautiful functional jewelry that reminds me of my wedding day every time I put it in. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Chelsea B. · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful and Unique

I had previously bought some earrings from Impressed and loved them. When I visited their website to order more I saw that she does wedding flowers. I was over joyed at the unique opportunity to preserve my flowers. I get compliments on the several pieces she made for me.

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 08/11/2018

Completely Unique Keepsake & Gift!

Kyla was a complete pleasure to work with! I got married over a year ago and dropped the ball on a lot of things including ordering my jewelry, but she kept my flowers in perfect condition. I had many questions, dalliances, and special requests for her and she helped me figure out everything I wanted before making my order. Then once the order was placed everything came so fast and arrived perfectly. Well packaged and stunning work. The final products, having been made from my own bridal bouquet, are the most valuable and best reminder of the day. I would recommend this to anyone. My husband also finds great connection to the cufflinks we ordered for him. 10/10

Sent on 10/24/2019

IMPRESSED by nature's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you to create these meaningful pieces as well, Liz! I'm so glad you're both enjoying them!
  • Allison

Allison C. · Married on 08/04/2018

Perfectly Lovely!

I was so pleased to find out about Impressed by Nature before my wedding, and I remained pleased throughout the process as well as with the results! The kit for pressing the flowers was easy to follow (for my mom, who helped me out while I was on my honeymoon) and Kyla was so attentive and helpful while I decided on the type of jewelry I wanted. Every piece of the process was smooth, careful, and beautiful. I gave some pieces of jewelry as gifts to bridesmaids and groomsmen, and everyone has been thrilled about it. I will continue to recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 07/06/2018

This was the perfect way to preserve my amazing wedding flowers :) My earrings came out so nicely, even though I waited a few days after my wedding to press them and send them to Kyla. I love them!

I'd recommend getting in contact before your wedding so you can have the flower pressing kit and preserve your flowers immediately - I think I would have had more viable petals if I'd done that.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

Kyla is amazing. She sent me a flower pressing kit to use after my wedding to make jewelry from my bouquet and reception flowers. She made both the flower pressing and jewelry design process incredibly simple. We designed six necklaces using designs from her online shop: four for myself and two for family members. She even worked with me to create an original necklace. Each piece came out great! I get compliments on them all the time. I can't wait to more jewelry with her with my remaining petals.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

In the days leading up to my wedding, I was hoping to find a way to preserve my beautiful wedding flowers! I pressed and dried some, and was so lucky to get in touch with Kyla about creating jewelry from the remaining petals. Kyla did an incredible job drying, pressing and preserving the petals and I was so excited to work with her on making four pairs of earrings- one for each of my bridesmaids. The turnaround time was so fast too- ready in just a few weeks. Now she has all of my petals available to make jewelry anytime I want! I absolutely recommend working with Kyla to preserve your wedding flowers- perfect gifts for friends and family (and yourself!) to remind you of the joy the flowers brought you on your special day.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Tara · Married on 10/01/2017

Kyla is an amazing artist and jeweler. I had pressed a few of my wedding flowers in a book, but wasn’t sure how to preserve them forever. In my google searches, I was lucky enough to come across Kyla who patiently walked me through the process of mailing her my precious wedding flowers, jewelry design, and preserving my flowers for future use. The jewelry she made is gorgeous and something I’ll treasure for the rest of my life. I only wish I had heard of her sooner and had saved more of my flowers. Thank you for your hard work and beautiful jewelry designs Kyla!!!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Charles · Married on 09/23/2017

Kyla made my Best Man and I some awesome cuff links for my wedding. She also made earrings for my Groomsmaids using pink roses to match the bridesmaids dresses. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Katie · Married on 08/25/2017

I was the florist for my sisters wedding whom I gifted Kyla’s service of pressed wedding petals to! I was so impressed by how easy and streamline she made this process. The flower press was compact, yet it held so many petals! Her instructions for pressing were clear and straightforward. After I pressed them, shipped them, and they were fully dry, Kyla sent me photos of all the petals which was so cool to see. Not only that, but she took the time to send me links to her jewelry styles matching the petals. She made the process fun and I literally wanted to buy everything from all the petals! It was hard to narrow it down, but luckily she keeps the petals for 3 years so I have time to order more ;) I would absolutely 100% recommend Kyla for her service to provide you with incredibly unique, beautiful, and timeless jewelry pieces as a way to preserve your wedding flowers.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Hillary · Married on 08/05/2017

Kyla is a dear person and creator. When thinking about who would design the jewelry for the people standing beside me during my ceremony, I didn't think twice about asking Kyla. Each piece was uniquely beautiful, natural, and timeless. My mother-in-law wears her necklace often, and said that she absolutely adores it!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Cynthia · Married on 06/10/2017

Kyla was professional, thoughtful, detail oriented and she got my items back quicker than estimated. She was just fantastic to work with!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Callie · Married on 10/29/2016

Loved my jewelry that was made from my wedding bouquet! I plan on ordering more! Kyla is super sweet, professional, and easy to work with! If you want a special piece of jewelry to remember your special day by, I would definitely recommend Impressed by Nature.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Kristin · Married on 10/02/2016

This is a great idea for your special day. You spend so much time picking out a beautiful bouquet and centerpieces and then in a matter of a couple days they go away. I was trying to find away to preserve my flowers and thought this was unique. I could wear my items and give some as gifts to my mom. They are well done and on pretty chains with pretty beads. All items i picked from my own bouquets and chose to make into jewelry. They come out just as they are pictured and the process to press them and ship them is so easy. Im glad I have these pieces to remember my day!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Great idea for preserving flowers

Kyla was so responsive the whole time. I had already pressed my flowers from my engagement and wedding and was wondering what to do with them. Kyla let me send already pressed flowers and guided me on which ones would make nice jewelry. I ordered a necklace and earrings and both were so pretty and exactly as pictured in the images on her site. Glad to have a keepsake from both my wedding and engagement. Would definitely order again if I had flowers from another event :)

Sent on 03/24/2021