Imaginary Cakes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Michelle R. Married on 11/01/2020

Oh my WOW!!!

So my now husband and I went to several cake places to try the cakes out and see if they were able to meet our vision. Imaginary Cakes was by far the most delicious place we went and the most fun to work with! They were just as excited about our cake ideas as us and were so reasonably priced! I dont know why anyone would go with any other place! We have already decided to use them for any future cake needs! Courtney is a design goddess and Chris is the sweetest to work with in the front! I cannot stress enough use this place!!!!!!
  • Paige
    Paige B. Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Cake 10.10.20

Brides - if you’re looking for someone to do your wedding cake I HIGHLY recommend Imaginary Cakes. We had the absolute best experience at our cake tasting and our wedding cake was PERFECT. I came in with a vision of what I wanted and they nailed it down to the last details. Delivery and set up was easy and I had absolutely no worries on my wedding day. Courtney was a dream to work with! I can’t thank them enough for making my wedding day perfect.
    Kathy W. Married on 10/12/2019

Awesome cake

Our cake tastes as great as it looked. Absolutely amazing.
    Tashara R. Married on 10/06/2019

Taste as good as it looks

Chris and Courtney were a pleasure to work with. My cake came out beautifully and tasted delicious!
    Christina Married on 09/14/2019

Best bakery in Wilmington

Words can’t describe how wonderful The cake and cupcakes came out. It was everything I wanted and more. The cake and cupcakes were absolutely delicious. Thank you for everything. I can’t wait to hire you again for my next event.
  • Kristy
    Kristy E. Married on 05/19/2019

Scrumptious and gorgeous!

Our wedding cake was phenomenal! We got married on the beach at Shell Island Resort and we wanted a beach themed cake with wisteria colored accents. We asked to have personal touches such as our wedding colors, a crab (which reminded us of our first visit to Wrightsville Beach when a cute crab kept digging out the sand next to our towels), many fondant sea shells, sand dollars, and star fish decorations. We were able to pick out our own wedding cake topper that had two seahorses kissing. They were able to incorporate it with the theme quite nicely. With all of that being said, we cannot skip out on discussing the flavors that were incorporated at our request. The bottom layer was white chocolate with cream cheese filling, the second layer was french vanilla with coconut filling, and the top layer was deep chocolate with pistachio filling! The entire cake was covered in almond buttercream icing! Our idea of the perfect wedding cake because there was something for every palette at the wedding to try but of course we are saving that top layer for our one year wedding anniversary. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for making our day extra special (and flavorful)!
    Mary Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing Cakes

Cindy did not only do a wedding cake but she also did a groom’s cake. Both cakes were delicious. Look at her site to see some of the outstanding cakes she has made!
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 10/13/2018

So many compliments!!

Imaginary cake is AWESOME in so many ways! The cake was phenomenal and the design was impeccable. I had such a pleasant experience from the cake tasting, design of the cake, and the final presentation. I felt listened to and got exactly what I wanted. But seriously though her flavors were incredible and so unique! I would highly recommend Imaginary Cake! She is one of the best and most sought after bakers in town!
    Lindsey Married on 09/01/2018
    My husband and I couldn't be happier than we are with Cindy at Imaginary Cakes. At our tasting we had so many delicious flavors or cake and frosting we had difficult time picking just one! She was great at working with us when we ended up needing a smaller cake, and was always helpful in answering any questions we had. The cake not only looked beautiful, but it tasted great! More than one of our guests said that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. If I ever need a specialty cake I am definitely going back to Imaginary Cakes.
    Caitlin Married on 08/31/2018
    Cindy is simply the best! She made me a beautiful royal -inspired wedding cake: one 2- tier and two single tier cakes. I had requested that the bottom layer of my 2-tier cake be piped, with buttercream, to match the pattern of the lace on my dress. I sent Cindy a 1” x 1” sample of the lace and a photo of the veil and she matched it perfectly! Additionally, I made a late add of a Surprise Stanley Cup Grooms cake, after my husband and my favorite Hockey Team, the Washington Capitals, won the Stanley Cup! She did a fantastic job on the cake and everyone loved it, everyone in my Canadian family HAD TO HAVE a photo with the cup! If you want to know how the cake tasted, here is an anecdote from our cake cutting: my groom, who is not big on sweets, yelled, “Its good cake!” in the middle of his first bite :) We had plenty to go around and I can’t wait to break out our anniversary cake next year! Thank you so much Cindy and Imaginary Cakes!
    Kim Married on 03/24/2018
    Cindy is great to work with. She helped design the groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner which was the shape of a Oakland Raiders shield and also did our wedding dessert table full of macaroons, bars, cookies and all sorts of goodies. She also made us a cutting cake for the wedding which I seriously wanted to eat the entire thing instead of preserving it in our freezer for our 1st anniversary. The flavors were so good! She also had great ideas for all of the macaroons to do different flavors and colors that matched our wedding design.
    Lauren Married on 11/25/2017
    Imaginary cakes exceeded any and every expectation we had for our wedding cake. I am currently active duty military and was away in training when I was trying to find the perfect bakery. Through back and forth emails, Rheanna and her team made everything so easy and stress free. Being an out of town bride I was unable to come for a taste testing, but after speaking with Rheanna and reading through other brides reviews I knew they would be perfect for our wedding day. Hands down the best bakery in Wilmington. Joel & I are so thankful for having Imaginary Cakes apart of our big day. ❤️
    Lakota Married on 11/18/2017
    So lovely to work with. Great variety of flavors and made every effort to fit our budget.
    Melissa Married on 10/28/2017
    Our cake was amazing! It tasted just as good as it looked. All the guests loved it!
    Darcy Married on 08/26/2017
    Seriously could not have been happier with how our wedding cake turned out it was absolutely beautiful to the point I didn't even want to cut the cake and tasted even better. They also delivered it to our venue over an HR from their bakery. I would highly recommend imaginary cakes and look forward to doing business with them again.
    Jess Married on 06/23/2017
    Imaginary Cakes did an INCREDIBLE job handling our wedding cake and other goodies for our dessert table. Everyone raved about the cake and how delicious it was...I will recommend them to anyone getting married in the area. They were very responsive with all my questions leading up to the big day and made that part of wedding planning SO easy. They were a joy to work with and I would go back to them all over again.
    Jana Married on 05/28/2017
    I loved my cake by Imaginary Cakes. We set up tastings with other vendors in Wilmington, but we chose Imaginary Cakes because the flavors and cake were the best. My husband and I were having difficulties deciding between flavors of cake for our wedding and when we were told each tier of cake could be different flavors we were sold! The design was exactly what I wanted and the cake was delicious!!
    Haley Married on 05/27/2017
    Imaginary Cakes blew us away with our wedding cake. From the tasting to our actual wedding day, they went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we envisioned and not only did the cake look amazing, but it was so delicious. We saved our top tier, but I don't know if it's going to make it until our anniversary. I would definitely recommend Imaginary Cakes for your wedding or event.
    Chris Married on 04/22/2017
    Rheanna at Imaginary Cakes did a truly wonderful job for our wedding and is highly recommended. We started with a great tasting experience where she struck the right balance of guidance and privacy to help us select the best cake possible. She and her team did a great job setting up our multi-tiered buttercream cake on BHI, which due to the potential logistical issues is more challenging then it sounds.

She made the process as smooth as possible and made a delicious cake.
    Lexy Married on 04/08/2017
    imaginary cakes baked our wedding cake and it was perfect! From cake tasting, to delivery and setup they were amazing. So friendly, professional and the cake was delicious and beautiful! Wilmington is an amazing place to get married when you have a wedding vendor community that work well together. Imaginary cakes worked with my coordinator at Design Perfection, and my florist, Beautiful flowers by June, to deliver and set up a beautiful cake! Thanks guys!!!
    Kara Married on 12/30/2016
    Imaginary Cakes was a vendor included as part of our package at the Wilmington Convention Center and their work blew us away. They designed the exact cake classy patriotic we described for both our military wedding, and a cake for our son's baptism. Their cake is also delicious! If we ever need a baker again they will be our go to! Their prices are well worth the quality of their work.
  • Hope
    Hope Married on 11/12/2016
    Imaginary Cakes provided us with the most beautiful cake and mini cupcakes! From the cake tasting, to the communication process, to our special day, they provided us with the best experience we could have asked for! We will definitely use them for all future celebrations!
    Dana Married on 11/12/2016
    I'm not a huge cake person, but I knew I wanted to use them when I left the cake tasting raving about their cake. Their strawberry filling is phenomenal! We wanted to do a three tiered cake with lace cascading down the front of it. I found a picture online and showed it to them and they said no problem. They even went as far as matching the lace to the lace on my dress. I'm not going to lie, I was worried about how it would turn out since I had heard/read all sorts of cake horror stories (not about them, just in general). But day of the wedding, I had NOTHING to worry about. The cake was beautiful!!!! Colors were perfect and was exactly what we wanted. Our guests also still rave about how amazing the cake was! I would definitely use them again in the future for any cake needs I may have.
    Megan Married on 10/28/2016
    My mother-in-law utilized Imaginary Cakes for the groom's cake at our rehearsal dinner. I was beyond impressed by the home tasting but was truly BLOWN AWAY when I walked into the rehearsal dinner and saw the Death Star cake they created! We didn't want to cut into it because it looked so good but who am I kidding, I was eating that delicious cake!
    Terrie Married on 10/22/2016
    Imaginary Cakes went above and beyond for my daughter's and her husband's wedding cake. Not only did they readily accommodate unusual work schedules through creating a take home tasting sample, as well as providing insight into the best combinations for an autumn wedding, they willing traveled from Wilmington to Emerald Isle (almost 2 hours one way), battled traffic for the Tuna Run bicycle relay race, without batting an eyelash. I am still hearing rave reviews about how delicious the cake was and how beautiful it was in is simplicity. I highly recommend Imaginary Cakes.