Images by Daniel Michael Photography Reviews

134 | Cincinnati, OH

134 Reviews for Images by Daniel Michael Photography

One of the most important pieces to putting together the perfect wedding is selecting the right photographer and with Don Schvart from Daniel Michael Photography, we had the perfect photographer which made for such an amazing experience.

We went to Daniel Michael Photography under high recommendation from a friend who had just finished their wedding. They had a great experience, so we met with Daniel Michael, the second photographer we had met with. In being 100% honest, this meeting was the only experience that we did not enjoy. In our humble opinons, the meeting went on way too long and we were being sold on how great Daniel Michael Photography performed, by Daniel talking about what all of his competitors did wrong. This rubbed us the wrong way from the start. We were there because it was recommended and we already loved his work. We could have went without 30-45 minutes of hearing why others were not as good. At that point, we decided that we still wanted to go with Daniel Michael Photography because of the recommendation, quality of work and packages available, but we did not want to work with Daniel.

We worked with Don Schvart for our engagement session and it was an instant match! His personality was amazing, his eye for amazing images was awesome, he got to know us and worked with us well. We were a little 'stiff' at the start and Don has us loose within 15 minutes. Now we were working with a friend!

The wedding was no different! Don was a guest at our wedding, not a vendor, but a guest, we wanted to make him feel as welcome as he made us feel. He kept the day moving, we kept on the timeline and most importantly, he kept us out of the heat so we didn't sweat through our outfits and suits! We had family members and members of our wedding party compliment us on how great of a photographer we had. We hit a homerun with Don and would highly recommend any package where Don is included. He really made for a wonderful experience and captured memories.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

First of all, I'm very glad everything went so great with Don. I'm not surprised because he is a wonderful person and talented photographer. Part of me is very disappointed your experience wasn't perfect from day one. Part of me is pleased you were able to look past that and see what our photographers could do at your wedding and that the rest of your experience was so special. I think it's very important to realize that though I may not be the perfect fit, one of our photographers can be. So thank you for illustrating that for future couples and thank you for seeing past that and trusting our company.

I must also agree that my meetings sometimes go too long and it is something I am constantly working on. I am extremely passionate about weddings and have so much information I like to share that I can easily get off on tangents. I do I apologize for that as it can get out of hand. Though I do not know how long our meeting was and do not want to dispute what you said, there are about 6 different ads I look at so I can't imagine how I could have come up with 30-45 minutes of material to talk about. In fairness I understand it may have felt that way. I also want to clarify I use a magazine and block out the names of the photographers to protect their reputation and show examples of techniques and styles we want to avoid and comparing that to what we teach our photographers. The quality of photography is something very important to me. I feel it is an important part of understanding how our approach differs and what we do to make sure the quality is what it is.

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2015

Lauren was our lead photographer and she was unbelievably amazing! On a hot day in June, we took many pictures outside and she was so supportive and patient even when our wedding partyy became hot and cranky! She stayed with us until the very end of our reception and made sure we had all of the shots that we wanted. I can't begin to thank her for all of her hard work and amazing pictures!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Those hot summer days can be tough on a wedding party. I'm glad Lauren was able to get what she needed and keep them as comfortable as possible!

The photography team assigned to my wedding day was excellent. They made myself and my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We got all of our "must have" wedding shots and a lot of fun ones we never would have thought of. Everyone was patient the day of and made sure to keep us on time. I love the selection of photos we have to choose from and we got our cd in a very timely manner.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Laura · Married on 05/24/2015

We had Johnny as our lead photographer and was lucky enough to have Daniel as our 2nd photographer. They were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. answers all emails and questions promptly (and I asked a lot). Were on time with everything, very nice and outgoing and took a ton of pictures! Johnny even ended up staying later at the reception to make sure he got us every picture we could have wanted! These guys were just the best! Made sure had everything we needed even drinks at the reception! Wonderful to work with!!! Have seen a preview of the pictures and are in love! Can't wait to see them all!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I was lucky enough to get to shoot with Johnny as his second person and see how he works and had the opportunity to be part of your day in the process. I truly enjoyed it and am so glad you've been so pleased with everything!

Ke · Married on 05/24/2015

Images by Daniel Michael did an exceptional job for our engagement photos and wedding day photos.
    Daniel gave us a really reasonable price that is within our budget given that we are having a small wedding with around 70 guests. And he recommended Don Schvart as our photographer. This is the best choice we had ever made during our entire wedding planning.
    Words can not describe how good Don is.
    He is a passionate artist. We played with lots of fun ideas that I borrowed from pinterest and he created.
    We sat down a few weeks before the wedding and made a detailed day of plan. The flow of the day was great although I forgot my veil at the hotel. He helped us changed the plan so that we had good amount of photo shooting and enough time for the groomsmen to fetch my veil for me.
    He truly listen to what your really want and execute those really well.
    We LOVEd our photos and so does everyone else.
    Big thumb for Don and you won't regret for choosing him!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Don is the master of taking your style, your favorites from pinterest, the location of your choice and using his vision to turn it into something unique and special to your day. Though all of our photographers are taught the same thought process, Don is the one who teaches it! I'm so glad you appreciated how well he does that. Thanks for sharing!

Avian · Married on 05/16/2015

I hired Beth Verdon to capture our Union, and she did an amazing job! She was on time, attentive, knew exactly what she wanted to do (using my pinterest and previous meeting discussions as direction.) I would recommend Daniel Michaels team, especially Beth, for your wedding day!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I'll make sure Beth and her team see this. Your photos are just beautiful and it looks like it was a truly special day. I love the emotion I saw when looking through your photos. Just seeing that made me that much more happy for you!

Jeff · Married on 05/16/2015

I believe it's so important to hear from the parents point of view! DANIEL Michael Photography made all the difference in our daughter's wedding day. While sitting down in the beginning with her photographer, Don, we were so relieved because he helped her and her fiance plan the entire day. We were confident that no matter what, the day's timing would flow like clockwork. What we didn't know what a true artist he is! He was so very passionate about her day and what she wanted. As I commented later,he captured the very essence of the couple, their friends, and their families' personality and joy! He painted pictures with his camera that day. A wedding which was to be outdoors was transformed into a beautiful memory--made so by an artist's pride and love of his creation. The photographs are nothing more than luscious! He made what seemed to be a gloomy day brilliant! If only I could include pictures with the review. He made the day. But, isn't this what an artist does for you?!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You worded this so beautifully. What you said here is exactly what I want to hear after every wedding. It's also not at all surprising. Don is without a doubt a stunning artist. However, he is an even more genuine and quality human being. I'm so glad that despite the weather it was still such a perfect day.
  • User4411917 · 2+ years ago

We loved Daniel Michael Photography. Our photographer was Don Schvart and did an amazing job. We love all of our pictures and couldn't have had a better experience. Thank you Don and Daniel Michael Photography. The assistant photographer and bridal assistant were great too!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Kristy · Married on 05/02/2015

We really enjoyed working with Lauren from Daniel Michael and were so happy with our pictures. We live out of state and they were so accommodating with us beforehand and really tailored the photos to what we were looking for. The personalized service made such a difference and we really enjoying having Lauren and her team with us on our wedding day. My husband is a photographer so he is very picky and we are thrilled with the photos! Thank you Lauren!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

These are some of my favorite types of reviews because I know how your husband feels! When he is pleased it says something very significant about the quality of our photographers. So Thank You!

Michele · Married on 04/11/2015

Dan, along with Samantha and trainee Meggie, did an over-the-top job of photgraphing our daughter's April Wedding. His photos have created everlasting memories as everyone of them is "REAL". He recorded the moment with exact detail and feeling. Dan is easy to work with and professional, yet so friendly, that we felt like he was one of the family while he was with us. His bridal assistant, Kristin, was worth her weight in gold and enabled our bride and m.o.b. to truly enjoy the day! On reflecting upon that special time in our lives, our wisest decision was to hire Dan and his team! A million kudos to Images by Daniel Michael. Mark and Michele Romito

Sent on 06/02/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! You were all so kind. Kristin really is pretty special. We love her here. I was really pleased with how everything turned out with the questionable weather! Thank you again for taking the time to write this for our future couples to see.

Anisha · Married on 11/29/2014

The team at Images by Daniel Michael is phenomenal. They are very professional, yet they treat you like you're part of the family! We had such a great experience working with them up to the wedding day and the day of. They were organized and helped us stick to our timeline. The thing that really appealed to us, however, was how friendly they are. On your wedding day, you want someone who makes you feel comfortable and relaxed taking your pictures because you end up spending a lot of time with them. Daniel and his team did just that. We didn't mind having them in our faces all weekend because they were so much fun to be around.

The pictures turned out amazing. We have already received several compliments on the preliminary pictures. They captured several really special candid moments and did a wonderful job with the posed photos. We can't wait to design our album with them soon! Would definitely recommend this team to any bride!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I can't wait to have a copy of your album as a studio sample! What an amazing day. I felt like part of the family, had great opportunities for both candid and portrait photos and got a bit of a stair workout while I was at it! Thank YOU.

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2014

Like all the other reviews, we had a five out of five star experience.

We had the pleasure of working with Dan who immediately put us at ease. It's wonderful to work with a photographer who gets to know you as a person not just another wedding. He maximized our time together; ensuring that we got the images that were important to us as well as the ones he knew would be priceless. He managed the whole timeline like a pro. We had more than enough different pictures taken. We feel truly satisfied with package we choose. Totally worth every penny! His emphasis on genuine emotion, rather than just environment is what truly sets Daniel Michael Images apart from so many other wedding photographers. The photographs perfectly capture how happy we were.

Our communications with Dan were prompt and thorough. The prices are very reasonable, especially the package we choose having Dan’s full attention the whole night. He made sure we captured the entire day including the awesome fireworks show we were blessed with. Photography was the most important wedding expense to us and having only seen the teaser slideshow, I absolutely feel like we've gotten tremendous value. Speaking of the teaser, we were married less than two weeks ago and received the slideshow last week!. If that isn't excellent and thoughtful customer service, I don't know what is. I cannot WAIT to see the rest of the photos.

Thank you Dan and crew for giving us such cherished images!
    Sarah & Pat

Sent on 11/13/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

It means so much when you see people you care about take the time to write such detailed reviews. It means the world knowing what you do means so much to so many people. Thank you.

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Daniel Michael and his team! We used Don for our engagement shots and wedding day and loved every minute of it. He made us and all those involved in photos extremely comfortable. The extra photographer for candid shots and bride helper (who have us hand warmers for the cold) and other small touches like the planning meeting a few days beforehand truly shows their dedication to detail and keeping the day organized in order to get the most beautiful pictures. Spend the money and book them now!

Sent on 08/18/2015
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 09/13/2014

We had don as our photographer and it was probably the best decision we made for our wedding. He is incredibly talented and our pictures were so unbelievable it is hard to believe we're the ones in them. He has great passion in his work and it shows in his photos. Thanks for everything Don!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Music to my ears. Thanks! I heard such great things about you guys on your wedding day. I'm so happy for you.
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/05/2014

Our lead photographer was Lauren. She did an absolutely AMAZING job!! She was very friendly, professional and easy to work with. Our pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous and I have received compliments on them from everyone who has seen them. I could not be more satisfied with our pictures and I would highly recommend her.
    In addition, the office was wonderful to work with as well. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Our pictures were ready very quickly and were very high quality.
    Also, whenever I had contacted them, I was always contacted back immediately which was wonderful.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

This meant the world to Lauren. Thank you!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/09/2014

When looking for photographers, I was recommended to Images by Daniel Michael by a DJ I had met with. I am located near Dayton and Daniel Michael and their team are located near Cincinnati. The DJ I met with said they were great though and after looking at their website, I decided to go down and meet with Daniel. After my meeting with Daniel, I knew I wanted to have them as my photographer. I chose to have Don Schvart as my photographer. We had an engagement session with Don and had a great time! Our pictures turned out awesome and Don was quick to get them back to us. Before the wedding, I met with Don to set up a timeline for our wedding, and he pretty much helped me plan the whole day (which was a huge help!!). The day of the wedding, we had Don as well as Johnny and Mark shooting our pictures. We also had Meggie as an assistant to help us with whatever we needed. They were all amazing! They were so helpful and I really credit to how smooth our day went to them. I did not have to worry about time or where we were supposed to be because Don and his team took care of that all for me! They really took all the stress out of the day which allowed me to just enjoy our day! It was awesome having multiple photographers to capture all our special moments! I knew our pictures would be amazing and couldn't wait to see them. We got our pictures back really quick and I truly love them all! I can't thank Don and their team enough for everything they did for us on our day and all the amazing pictures they took! I'm so glad they were there to capture our special day and would recommend them to anyone getting married! So worth it!!!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Reading reviews like this reminds me why I love what I do. Even when I can't be there, I'm able to leave an impression on your wedding thanks to our amazing group of photographers. Thank you!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/25/2014

Thank you Daniel and staff for being done of the most important people of our wedding day! You somehow managed to get 21 people to the same location, got them all to cooperate, got all the pictures done in a timely manner, and never appeared stressed by any of it. You also were willing to do whatever it took to get amazing backgrounds and poses for us. We are so happy that we chose you to photograph the most amazing day of our lives! We are so excited to see the pictures! Also, a huge thank you for proving bridal assistants. Lauren was amazing that entire day! She corralled our 5 flower girls and ring bearer, pinned broaches on my bouquet, consoled whining kids whose feet were hurting with shoe tape and did it with a super attitude. Thank you all!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Your wedding wasn't that difficult! it was just a big group that needed some direction and a little time management. It was a fun group that really wanted to do whatever it took to make you guys happy. At this point you have your photos and I know you love them because I see your posts on facebook! I'm so glad I was part of such an amazing day.

Megan · Married on 07/05/2014

Daniel Michael, and his staff were amazing from the minute we stepped in the office for our first consultation. If you want top rate service, friendliness, and no beating around the bush...DM and his staff are #1. Not only did our pictures turn out amazing, but they attended to every need on the wedding day. And trust me, his staff do much more than just snap pictures. From taking care off the ring bearer's "accident" minutes before the ceremony, DM, Lauren and Megan took care of the bridal party's every need. You may find a photographer for a bit cheaper price...but you get what you pay for, and I'll always recommend Images by Daniel Michael to any of my friends.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I didn't event know about the ring bearer until you came in to pick up your photos! It just goes to show how much help having an extra set of eyes, ears and hands can do for you!

Crystal · Married on 06/21/2014

Brian and his helpers were Awesome! He always seemed to be calm and have it together. No matter what we threw at him and requested he made sure it was done. The photos are beautiful. He truly captured the day that the Bride and Groom wanted.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

That's exactly what I want to hear. Brian captured you! He's artistic and all but capturing you is what makes your photos unique!

Mary · Married on 06/14/2014

We used Images by Daniel Michael for our wedding on 6-14-14. Mitch was our photographer along with Corie and Beth. They did an OUTSTANDING job! Not only did our pictures turn out amazing, they helped my special day run smoothly, despite the chaos. They were so friendly and willing to go out of their way to help me. They even went to the church from my home to knock on the priest's door when he couldn't be reached. I was beyond impressed! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you felt we went above and beyond for your wedding. To us, it is everything that matters to know you enjoyed your wedding day. So thank you for writing this.

Jenna · Married on 06/13/2014

Daniel and his team were incredible!! They were a blast to work with and made our day absolutely perfect! He and his team went above and beyond the role of our photographer team and I can't thank them enough. I couldn't imagine going with anyone else.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Jenny · Married on 06/06/2014

Daniel and his team are beyond amazing! We had our engagement pictures done by Daniel and wedding pictures by Don. We received both of these pictures back very quickly! Daniel was first recommended to us by a friend, and now we know why! We then met him at a bridal show at Cooper Creek and loved him and his work. Our wedding pictures turned out amazing and we have received so many compliments already from family and friends. We enjoyed working with Don and his team. They worked so well together and made sure we got the pictures we wanted. When we first met Don, he was very professional and helped up decide where we wanted to take pictures before we went to The Bell Event Centre. He helped us decide on Eden Park and we absolutely love those pictures! He made a timeline for our wedding day and stuck to it. Don and his team caught some very great moments on camera and we enjoyed looking at them when we got them back and even shed some tears again. He made our first look so special and memorable. Jessica (bridal assistant) was SO helpful. She fixed the beading on my dress, used chalk to cover up something on my dress, gave us tissues when they were needed, put in my veil, gave us straws so we didn't mess up our lipstick, and many more. She was beyond helpful and we don't know what we would have done without her. Thanks again to Daniel Michael and his team for making our planning and wedding day so perfect! We highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

For anyone reading this, Jessica's job that day was not to take photos but to help the couple and wedding party to make for a easy flowing stress free environment. We also had two other photographers including Don who was the lead photographer that day. I'm so glad to hear the day went so well. I heard it was beautiful!!

We used Daniel Michael Photography for our wedding day and our photographer was Don Schvart, Jessica was the 2nd photographer, and Lauren was assisting. BEST IDEA EVER!!!They were all great! I would recommend them to anyone and my whole wedding party would use them because everyone was so impressed.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I like hearing the word "impressed". Doing our job just isn't good enough. It has to be am amazing and impressive experience. Thank you for saying that!

Lisa · Married on 03/15/2014

Don was the photographer for my wedding. He was fantastic! Everyone at Daniel Michael was great and easy to work with. Very professional yet fun staff. Don had great ideas and we had a blast taking photos. The pictures turned out amazing! We will definitely be using Daniel Michael in the future.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Don is a special individual and an amazing artist. I'm not surprised things went so well but I am very happy to hear it!

Daniel Michael was my wedding photographer on 12.28.13. When starting to plan for my wedding I wanted to make finding a great photographer my biggest priority since having amazing wedding pictures was so important to me…after all, that is all you have left after the big day is over! But, I met with about 4-5 different photographers and did a lot of research on all of them! After the initial meeting(actually, during), we knew Daniel was definitely the perfect match for us. We both instantly felt so comfortable with him and could just tell by his personality that he would make our day a lot of fun! We viewed his work and listened to his perspective on photography and were instantly sold! Well, I am more than happy with how the day went and with the final product on that I have already received on the flash drive ! He had the pictures back to us just a few weeks after and we loved all of them! We definitely had 2 amazing photographers and we couldn’t be happier with the results! Daniel honestly goes over and beyond to make the day fun and is extremely organized and professional. The day ran so smoothly and he was able to follow our timeline down to the minutes which was impressive since we had a bridal party of 26 total people. We were able to get in 2 different locations before the ceremony and even stop at 1 on the way to the reception and we were still on time for everything! I just think it is impressive to be able to keep 26 people focused and organized for an entire day! Having so many people in our bridal party was one of my biggest concerns with getting good pictures, but he proved that it can successfully be done! One of my favorite parts about them that they also bring another photographer to get more of the candids & also bring an assistant to help with anything and everything!They played a huge role in making our day PERFECT! I would highly recommend them, with absolutely no reservations, to be your photographer!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I say this a lot but I'll say it again, I didn't make your day fun. I just know when it's time to get out of the way and let you have fun. What was truly happening is I was having fun with you. You made it so I had fun! Thanks again for trusting in our studio and in me.