Images by Daniel Michael Photography Reviews

Images by Daniel Michael Photography 7
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 03/29/2019

Quality and Service

The team from Daniel Michael Photography exceeded our already very high expectations. Johnny, Don, and Jenna made everything from the planning through the entire day of the wedding a professional, stress-free and exciting experience. The way the photographers played off one another's strengths completely captured every facet of the day and made every moment, from hysterically candid faces, to the beauty and majesty of the dress against the skyline, pop to life in the finished photos. The way the team blended into our party allowed them to capture some things i couldnt have dreamed of, and made our guests all comment on how amazing they all were. Our finished photos came back much faster than expected and look so beautiful we don't know where to begin with choices!! Thank you!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2018

Special Memories Captured

Daniel Michael Photography was an all around amazing experience. When we met with Daniel Michael to see if we wanted to work with him, he was welcoming, friendly, and very warm. He sold himself and his team without over talking himself, which was a turn off we had with other vendors we met with but didn’t hire. We were paired with Photographer Don who is very friendly and has a passion that he just can’t hide. He got to know us with an Engagement Photo Session. It started raining at the park, but it wasn’t pouring, so we had fun with it and he captured some very fun and beautiful pictures. I like that he can take advantage of a situation that doesn’t seem very enticing. Don did the same thing when it rained on our wedding day! Luckily we had a venue that had a wrap around covered porch. I really wanted outdoor fall photos, but the day was so rainy that it didn’t seem possible. We got some pseudo outdoor photos using the covered porch, but also got out a few times for not so rainy photos. We met with him a few weeks before the wedding and talked about what we wanted, who was going to be involved in photos, and where everything would be. He showed up at the Salon to take photos. When I was laughing because my nephew was watching his iPad while laying underneath chairs in the waiting room, Don immediately ran to him to take photos. This made me feel like he truly wanted to capture all the moments of the day, no matter how silly they seemed. That made me feel so... taken care of, for lack of better words.

Truly a great experience with Daniel Michael Photography. I plan to use them for future photography needs - Maternity, kids, etc. I would recommend them to all my friends and family!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

That is so sweet! I'm so thrilled how at ease you felt. Weather can be so stressful but Don is such a brilliant photographer that it's just another opportunity for him! He was so happy to read this. You know how personally he takes every one of his couples!

Maggie D · Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience!

Myself, my husband and my whole family had a great time working with Johnny and the whole staff at Images by Daniel Michael. The engagement and wedding day process was all such a blast and we have you guys to thank for that! The photos were given back in an extremely timely manner and were of excellent quality. Johnny did a great job of making us both feel comfortable in taking photos. During the wedding, the staff did a great job of taking photos that we didn't even notice the staff there during the ceremony which made for some great candids! Will definitely be recommending to others.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Steph · Married on 09/08/2018

Don Schvart was our photographer and we still can't even pick our top 5 favorite pictures because he was over the top amazing!! Brian and Allyson were apart of Don's day-of team and we seriously can't stop raving about how great they were!! We would absolutely highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 8

Brittany · Married on 07/14/2018

I was so thrilled with our decision to go with Daniel Michael photography! Lauren and her entire team made the day so fun and easy and the photos turned out amazing!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 9

Megan · Married on 04/07/2018

We couldn't have been more pleased with Images by Daniel Michael! We immediately felt at ease the moment we walked in to the studio. Daniel did a great job of explaining every facet of the company, how the day would go, and how great each and every one of their photographers are! The choice was easy! Every package comes with 3 people... the main photographer, the journalist/2nd photographer/candid moments photographer, and the assistant. We knew we wanted someone exclusive for candids and the assistant was just an added bonus! (She was so so so helpful throughout my day!!)

We picked lead photographer, Mark Wilder the very next day! Once booked, the communication was great! I never felt like I had to chase anyone for information. Mark was quick to get in contact with us to schedule our engagement photo session and our details appointment to go over the timeline for the big day.

We met Mark at Sharonville Park for engagement photos a few weeks later. He did a great job of explaining how certain things look on camera (hand placement, how close/far to be from each other, etc)! It was really helpful for preparation for the wedding!

Mark and his team showed up exactly on time the day of the wedding. He took my dress, shoes, jewelry and went around the venue where we were getting ready to grab some photos of the items while we finished up hair and makeup. The 2nd photographer, Meggie Bierkan, stayed with us to grab some snapshots. She was adorable!

Once ready, we hit the ground running! They were there every step of the way and I almost felt like they were an extension of the bridal party!
    Mark was there nearly 12 hours even though they were only contracted for 8 or so. The bridal party and both sets of parents cannot say enough good things about him and the staff. Aside from my new husband, this was the best decision I made on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Arlene · Married on 03/24/2018

We were lucky enough to have Daniel Michael as our photographer on our special day. We are SO happy that we choose him!!! Photography is something he is an EXPERT at. He takes fantastic pictures and also goes above and beyond on every single detail as it comes to plan your wedding. What really impressed us the most was the passion he puts into his work and understanding the emotions of the day. He makes sure to capture each of the little moments! His whole crew he had with him that day was extremely knowledgeable and well trained. At one point his assistant pulled out a tackle box and gave our bridesmaids hand warmers as they waited in the cold. He stayed around well into the reception and got lots of fantastic shots!!! He is very nice and extremely professional. I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Brian · Married on 03/24/2018

A picture speaks 1000 words, so I am not sure what I can say about Daniel Michael that their photos don’t already speak volumes about, but I am going to try to describe how awesome they really are. If you have looked through enough wedding photographers work, you can certainly tell which photographers are just taking picutres, because that what you do at a wedding, and which ones are truly creating a moment to capture. We first met with Daniel in his studio and while looking around at the work on his walls and we noticed a number of really incredible, dramatic shots that really spoke to our personal style. We asked who was the photographer on those, and we learned that most (if not all) our favorites shots were done by Don, one of the master photographers at Images by Daniel Michael. We were so very lucky to learn that Don was available for our wedding date and immediately booked him. You can really tell by not only his work, but the way he went about shooting that he is definitely deserving of the master title. He was so detail oriented with every shot. Telling us when keys or phones in pockets were showing, making sure the scenery was just right, fixing hair and flowers, getting postures right. I mean this guy won’t take a shot unless he knows its going to look right. The studio is fantastic as well, they were so helpful with tips and advice on all things wedding, and making sure all our photo needs/requests were planned out and scheduled for the big day. In addition to Don, they sent a secondary photojournalist to capture candids while Don was taking main shots, and a bridal assistant to help out with anything we needed, as well as work directly with the photographers to get lighting, attire, scenery and any other detail just right for each shot. The whole experience from the first meeting, to the engagement photos (included with the wedding package :D) to the big day was nothing short of spectacular. We got our photos back so quickly and we couldn’t be

Sent on 04/10/2018

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

I loved working with Lauren at Images by Daniel Michael! She was so easy and fun to work with. We first had our engagement pictures done by Lauren and she captured exactly what I was looking for. She was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process! She took the time to sit with us and go over the whole day and exactly how we wanted it to go. For the day of the wedding Lauren and her team were so nice, happy and helpful! She made sure we stuck to our timeline but captured everything that we asked for. We received a preview on Facebook a couple weeks after and they were AMAZING! I cannot wait to look through all of them. We had so much fun working with Lauren and I highly recommend her if you are looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 10
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 11
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 12

Emma · Married on 10/07/2017

I am so happy we chose to work with Daniel Michael for our wedding in early October this year. The company was easy to work with and they were very great at getting our engagement and wedding photos back to us in a timely manner. Above all, I can't rave enough about our photographer - Meggie Baker. From the moment my husband and I met Meggie during our engagement session, we knew we had the right photographer for our wedding. She is so personable, made taking millions of pictures seem like a breeze and even the whole bridal party was talking about how awesome it was working with her! Plus, she saved me with a safety pin when the button on my wedding dress popped off during my dad's toast. Thank you Meggie for going above and beyond to capture breath-taking photos and making the entire process so much fun!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Rose · Married on 09/30/2017

Words cannot describe how truly happy we were to have Daniel Michael photograph our wedding. We will continue to use him in the future for capturing all of our most important life moments. He was so fast and no one ever felt like they were having their pictures taken. The way he interacted with us and the guests was amazing. We still have people talking about how funny and friendly our photographer was. I think he seen more of our guests than we did! When you look at our pictures you can actually see the emotions the people are feeling. They say a picture paints a thousand words, his really do. If you are looking for someone who goes above and beyond, Imagines by Daniel Michael does.

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 13

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

I have nothing but positive ravings about Johnny, our master photographer, his second shooter, Hope, and my "matron of honor" Natalie (Natalie was the bridal assistant - but she was so awesome we started calling her my matron of honor!), and everyone at Images by Daniel Michael.

From the very beginning, the staff at Images by Daniel Michael were so kind and welcoming. Johnny continuously went above and beyond our expectations - with our engagement shoot, my bridal portraits (rock the dress, session B), and of course the wedding! We get nothing but compliments about our photos. Even before we got them back, people kept asking us "who is your photographer, he's so good!" but how they knew he was awesome (he definitely is) I'm not sure, but they're spot on!

The entire staff is phenomenal. Before we set up the initial appointment, I was quite certain we would hire Images by Daniel Michael. Upon meeting Daniel Michael, both my (now) husband and I knew we had to hire them immediately - they were the only studio we met with! They were the first vendor (aside from the venue) that we booked, and we booked 2 years in advance. Every time Linda (office assistant) emailed that my pictures were done, I came the same day because I was too dang excited. Linda was always so accommodating as well! She stayed a little late in the studio on a Saturday so I could get my engagement photos! She is so sweet and I'm sure I seemed crazy! Haha.

Johnny, Hope, and Natalie worked together fantastically as a team. They were all in sync and so accommodating. Natalie constantly would tell me that I was to do nothing - she would take care of it - and she did.

I seriously could ramble on and on about how awesome these humans are, but I'll end it with this: we got all 800+ gorgeous photos within 11 days of our wedding. Look no further!

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 21
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 22
    Images by Daniel Michael Photography 23

Chris · Married on 08/05/2017

Dan has been fantastic so far. We just had our engagement photos and had a terrific time. My fiancée doesn't exactly enjoy being the center of attention, but Dan made us both feel so comfortable and relaxed, my fiancée didn't feel overwhelmed or self-conscious at all. What a great initial experience. I can't wait to see all of the photos!!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

For me, that's what the engagement session is all about. Yes you get some nice photos to share with family and friends. But more importantly you get a test run to see what you like and how easy it is! Thanks for sharing!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/05/2017

Pictures came out gorgeous and the studio was very on top of things.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2017

Everyone at Images by Daniel Michael Photography are so friendly, professional and truly phenomenal at their jobs and creating amazing pictures capturing all the important moments of the ceremony and reception. Our amazing team included Daniel, Meggie (2nd Photographer) and Amanda (bridal assistant) who truly had my back throughout the day including holding my dress while we walked so that it would get dirty, ensuring I was staying hydrated, and supplying anything we needed from her tackle box of items. The team not only helped keep everyone on the timeline but made the whole picture process fun and easy going, while being extremely efficient for every pose. They are so talented, it literally only takes them one or two snaps of the camera to get the perfect photo. I was surprised that my face didn't hurt by the end of the day from forcing a smile because it didn't need to be forced since we were having so much fun!

We also had our engagement photos with Daniel at Sharon Woods. He was so efficient and knew exactly where he wanted to take the pictures, how he wanted us posed all while making it light, relaxing and easy. The session only took 20-30 minutes and we came out with an amazing group of pictures. This was also super helpful to see how he shoots, to get used to his style to give you an idea of how easy it will go on your wedding day. I used this day to have my make up trial as well in order to see how it photographed.

Lastly, I got my husband a boudoir photo book as his wedding gift. I had the pictures taken through Images by Daniel Michael by Lauren. I was very nervous about doing these photos but Lauren made it super fun and knew the perfect angles to make women look their best in a very classy way. I never knew I could look that way and wonder now if maybe I got the best outcome from the "gift" through a lift in my self esteem and positive self-body image to the many many thanks of Lauren and the team at Images by Daniel Michael Photography.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Brooke · Married on 06/25/2017

Our photographer was Don, he is the most talented, most incredible photographer I've ever worked with. He made my day so easy and stress free. I'm the type of person who doesn't really like to tell people what to do, where to be and all that jazz, and Don made sure everything ran as smooth as possible. Jenna, our bridal assistant was an angel. She is so precious and helped all my girls pin their hair when needed, pinned on flowers for the bridal party. I felt she just went above and beyond and I could not thank her enough. My photography team made getting married so easy. I'm telling you... please, please PLEASE, do not go cheap when booking your photographer. You will have these images for the rest of your life, so if there is one thing you can afford to splurge on, splurge on Don. You will not regret it.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Vanessa · Married on 06/10/2017

Daniels team was absolutely fantastic! We had Don Schvart as our main photographer and he was beyond amazing! He blew our expectations beyond what we had expected. I knew he was great from his previous photos however words just cannot describe his work on our wedding day. Also, the extra perk of having a bridal assistant, at that time we had Meggie, was just the right touch! Her professionalism, experience, and genuine caring throughout the session made it more than a pleasant experience. Last but not least, Casey was our 2nd photographer who had capture such touching moments that are absolutely priceless.

Throughout the wedding day and after, we had came across many compliments on the team. I highly highly highly recommend everyone to use them after having such a great experience with them!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Codi · Married on 12/31/2016

Look no further! Images by Daniel Michael was the first and last photographer we met with. The hardest part of the process was choosing a photographer from his amazing team. While they are all surely great, we could not have been happier with our choice in Johnny. He was so flexible and easy to work with. He took the time to get to know us and we now think of him more as a friend than a vendor. He was very in tune with me (the bride), heard my needs and concerns, and changed the plan accordingly (my makeup took much longer than expected, it started to rain while we were outside, etc). The second photographer, Mike, did a great job, too. He was the "fly on the wall" and I rarely knew he was there but he was also quick to give us hints and advice when we needed direction. Hope was worth a million dollars!! She was doing things before I even realized they needed doing - adjusting my dress as I was about to sit down, quickly throwing her own coat over my shoulders when it started raining, bobbypinning the maid of honor's hair, and more. We cannot think of anything that could have been improved and will absolutely be recommending this company to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

This is exactly what I want to hear! In fact, I like it so much I'm going to make it a highlighted review!! I'm so happy for you that things went well and Johnny was truly touched by your kind words and the way you made him feel like part of the family.

One of the best decisions we made through the wedding planning process!!! Lauren was a joy to work with!!! She was willing to get to know us, was attentitive to what moments we wanted captured in our engagement pictures and wedding pictures, and was always professional. Lauren and her team arrived early to our wedding, was always in an upbeat positive mood, wowed our guests and deliverered gorgeous photos!!! We were beyond impressed! We highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael! They truly went above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 01/23/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2016

Our wedding photos couldn't possibly be better! Daniel and his team made everything so fun and relaxing. We didn't feel stressed or rushed through the entire day, all thanks to these wonderful professionals. Thank you guys so much! I am so glad I have these wonderful memories to look back on for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It makes me so happy!

Jennah · Married on 09/09/2016

First off, the simplest thing I can say is that we knew we were going to pick Daniel Michael within the first few minutes of talking with him, and he was our first and only appointment. To begin, he could not be a better guy and so clearly want your wedding to be perfect. He takes so much time to make sure he has a great feeling about what you want captured, how you want your photos to turn out, and what is truly important to you. Nothing about the processes or your day has focus on him.

Our photos turned out to be absolutely incredible. We ended up with so many shots showcasing the greatest memories of the day and showing off our guests. The photos are such high quality and we now have too many photos that we want to hang on the wall. We couldn’t say enough good things about him, or the photojournalists who accompanied him through the day.

Two other important notes, we absolutely loved working with him, besides the photo quality. We looked forward to all of our meetings, and even though we spent a lot of hours just talking, we could have spent many more. Second, we were so impressed with how much he cares about his fellow Cincinnati vendors. It was really refreshing to hear him say so many good things about fellow people in his profession and make such great recommendations. We really couldn’t say enough good things about Daniel Michael and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You are going to make me get all sappy and emotional! Stop it! :-) Thank you though!

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2016

Dan and his team are top notch! They did such a wonderful job capturing all of the moments of our special day! He is so professional and I never had one worry of what time it was, where we were supposed to be and NEVER thought "Is he getting all of the pictures I want?" Because he was getting them all and more!! My husband and I both have large families so sometimes it was a task to get them all in the same spot, at the same time, and all paying attention, but Dan had no problem stepping into that role and wrangling all of the people! AND the Bridal Assistant, what a life saver!! Seriously, I am not certain I could have made it that day without her (Thanks Jade!)...for real, that alone is worth the money! Example: As we are pulling up to the church, We forgot all about putting the boutonnieres on the guys... panic! And at that moment I realized I was supposed to pin my dad's on and I have no idea how to pin a boutonniere. No problem, the assistant handled it, with extra pins to secure. Phew! Overall, Dan and his staff are the real deal. They take great care of you and they take amazingly beautiful pictures. We have had nothing but compliments from our family about our "great photographer". If you have any doubt about booking them, don't have a doubt, they are the best!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I thought you would be happy to hear that Jade won the 2016 customer service award! She was in complete shock when I said her name! It's because of reviews like yours that she won.

I went to one bridal show and found Lauren from Daniel Michael. I was in love with her. We went for a visit spoke with Daniel and booked with Lauren the next day. Everything was perfect from engagement pictures to wedding pictures. We were (I was) a crazy couple and she got along with us and we had fun with her. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and I think that came across in the photos she took. We haven't made it through all of them yet, but the ones we have seen were more than I could have imagined. We did not have video done, but she has given us memories to share for a lifetime and remember how special our day was. She captured what we saw and what we missed that day, and I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you Lauren, we love you and your work. And hope to work with you again in the future.

Love,
    Abbey and Matt Wulf

Sent on 07/08/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

In fairness, Lauren might be just as crazy! It is a trait we enjoy here! I'm glad everything went so well for you. I look forward to our next meeting!

Caitie · Married on 05/14/2016

We had the absolute best experience with Images by Daniel Michael Photography for our engagement session and wedding. Lauren was our photographer and was amazing throughout the entire experience. From the engagement session to the wedding, everything was flawless. Even while she had food poisoning and a sinus infection on the day of the wedding, she surpassed our expectations x100. She made my entire family and friends feel so comfortable throughout the day and made sure we had a blast. Her entire crew was professional, proficient, and so kind. They really made our day spectacular. Not only was she amazing, but her the pictures she captured are breathtaking. She obtained every shot I requested and then so much more. I would highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael, and if you can get Lauren - you definitely won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

She's right, you'll love Lauren's outgoing, fun loving, genuine personality. I'm so glad you guys felt the same way!!