115 Reviews for Images by Daniel Michael Photography

Hand-Coloring (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Negatives (1)
Prints (1)

We couldn't have been more pleased with Images by Daniel Michael! We immediately felt at ease the moment we walked in to the studio. Daniel did a great job of explaining every facet of the company, how the day would go, and how great each and every one of their photographers are! The choice was easy! Every package comes with 3 people... the main photographer, the journalist/2nd photographer/candid moments photographer, and the assistant. We knew we wanted someone exclusive for candids and the assistant was just an added bonus! (She was so so so helpful throughout my day!!)

We picked lead photographer, Mark Wilder the very next day! Once booked, the communication was great! I never felt like I had to chase anyone for information. Mark was quick to get in contact with us to schedule our engagement photo session and our details appointment to go over the timeline for the big day.

We met Mark at Sharonville Park for engagement photos a few weeks later. He did a great job of explaining how certain things look on camera (hand placement, how close/far to be from each other, etc)! It was really helpful for preparation for the wedding!

Mark and his team showed up exactly on time the day of the wedding. He took my dress, shoes, jewelry and went around the venue where we were getting ready to grab some photos of the items while we finished up hair and makeup. The 2nd photographer, Meggie Bierkan, stayed with us to grab some snapshots. She was adorable!

Once ready, we hit the ground running! They were there every step of the way and I almost felt like they were an extension of the bridal party!
Mark was there nearly 12 hours even though they were only contracted for 8 or so. The bridal party and both sets of parents cannot say enough good things about him and the staff. Aside from my new husband, this was the best decision I made on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were lucky enough to have Daniel Michael as our photographer on our special day. We are SO happy that we choose him!!! Photography is something he is an EXPERT at. He takes fantastic pictures and also goes above and beyond on every single detail as it comes to plan your wedding. What really impressed us the most was the passion he puts into his work and understanding the emotions of the day. He makes sure to capture each of the little moments! His whole crew he had with him that day was extremely knowledgeable and well trained. At one point his assistant pulled out a tackle box and gave our bridesmaids hand warmers as they waited in the cold. He stayed around well into the reception and got lots of fantastic shots!!! He is very nice and extremely professional. I highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Arlene, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

A picture speaks 1000 words, so I am not sure what I can say about Daniel Michael that their photos don’t already speak volumes about, but I am going to try to describe how awesome they really are. If you have looked through enough wedding photographers work, you can certainly tell which photographers are just taking picutres, because that what you do at a wedding, and which ones are truly creating a moment to capture. We first met with Daniel in his studio and while looking around at the work on his walls and we noticed a number of really incredible, dramatic shots that really spoke to our personal style. We asked who was the photographer on those, and we learned that most (if not all) our favorites shots were done by Don, one of the master photographers at Images by Daniel Michael. We were so very lucky to learn that Don was available for our wedding date and immediately booked him. You can really tell by not only his work, but the way he went about shooting that he is definitely deserving of the master title. He was so detail oriented with every shot. Telling us when keys or phones in pockets were showing, making sure the scenery was just right, fixing hair and flowers, getting postures right. I mean this guy won’t take a shot unless he knows its going to look right. The studio is fantastic as well, they were so helpful with tips and advice on all things wedding, and making sure all our photo needs/requests were planned out and scheduled for the big day. In addition to Don, they sent a secondary photojournalist to capture candids while Don was taking main shots, and a bridal assistant to help out with anything we needed, as well as work directly with the photographers to get lighting, attire, scenery and any other detail just right for each shot. The whole experience from the first meeting, to the engagement photos (included with the wedding package :D) to the big day was nothing short of spectacular. We got our photos back so quickly and we couldn’t be

Profile Picture Brian, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I loved working with Lauren at Images by Daniel Michael! She was so easy and fun to work with. We first had our engagement pictures done by Lauren and she captured exactly what I was looking for. She was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process! She took the time to sit with us and go over the whole day and exactly how we wanted it to go. For the day of the wedding Lauren and her team were so nice, happy and helpful! She made sure we stuck to our timeline but captured everything that we asked for. We received a preview on Facebook a couple weeks after and they were AMAZING! I cannot wait to look through all of them. We had so much fun working with Lauren and I highly recommend her if you are looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so happy we chose to work with Daniel Michael for our wedding in early October this year. The company was easy to work with and they were very great at getting our engagement and wedding photos back to us in a timely manner. Above all, I can't rave enough about our photographer - Meggie Baker. From the moment my husband and I met Meggie during our engagement session, we knew we had the right photographer for our wedding. She is so personable, made taking millions of pictures seem like a breeze and even the whole bridal party was talking about how awesome it was working with her! Plus, she saved me with a safety pin when the button on my wedding dress popped off during my dad's toast. Thank you Meggie for going above and beyond to capture breath-taking photos and making the entire process so much fun!

Profile Picture Emma, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Words cannot describe how truly happy we were to have Daniel Michael photograph our wedding. We will continue to use him in the future for capturing all of our most important life moments. He was so fast and no one ever felt like they were having their pictures taken. The way he interacted with us and the guests was amazing. We still have people talking about how funny and friendly our photographer was. I think he seen more of our guests than we did! When you look at our pictures you can actually see the emotions the people are feeling. They say a picture paints a thousand words, his really do. If you are looking for someone who goes above and beyond, Imagines by Daniel Michael does.

Photo for Images by Daniel Michael Photography Review - Our sunset picture!
Profile Picture Rose, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

I have nothing but positive ravings about Johnny, our master photographer, his second shooter, Hope, and my "matron of honor" Natalie (Natalie was the bridal assistant - but she was so awesome we started calling her my matron of honor!), and everyone at Images by Daniel Michael.

From the very beginning, the staff at Images by Daniel Michael were so kind and welcoming. Johnny continuously went above and beyond our expectations - with our engagement shoot, my bridal portraits (rock the dress, session B), and of course the wedding! We get nothing but compliments about our photos. Even before we got them back, people kept asking us "who is your photographer, he's so good!" but how they knew he was awesome (he definitely is) I'm not sure, but they're spot on!

The entire staff is phenomenal. Before we set up the initial appointment, I was quite certain we would hire Images by Daniel Michael. Upon meeting Daniel Michael, both my (now) husband and I knew we had to hire them immediately - they were the only studio we met with! They were the first vendor (aside from the venue) that we booked, and we booked 2 years in advance. Every time Linda (office assistant) emailed that my pictures were done, I came the same day because I was too dang excited. Linda was always so accommodating as well! She stayed a little late in the studio on a Saturday so I could get my engagement photos! She is so sweet and I'm sure I seemed crazy! Haha.

Johnny, Hope, and Natalie worked together fantastically as a team. They were all in sync and so accommodating. Natalie constantly would tell me that I was to do nothing - she would take care of it - and she did.

I seriously could ramble on and on about how awesome these humans are, but I'll end it with this: we got all 800+ gorgeous photos within 11 days of our wedding. Look no further!

Photos
Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

Dan has been fantastic so far. We just had our engagement photos and had a terrific time. My fiancée doesn't exactly enjoy being the center of attention, but Dan made us both feel so comfortable and relaxed, my fiancée didn't feel overwhelmed or self-conscious at all. What a great initial experience. I can't wait to see all of the photos!!

Profile Picture Chris, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations

Pictures came out gorgeous and the studio was very on top of things.

Profile Picture Heather, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Digital Files

Everyone at Images by Daniel Michael Photography are so friendly, professional and truly phenomenal at their jobs and creating amazing pictures capturing all the important moments of the ceremony and reception. Our amazing team included Daniel, Meggie (2nd Photographer) and Amanda (bridal assistant) who truly had my back throughout the day including holding my dress while we walked so that it would get dirty, ensuring I was staying hydrated, and supplying anything we needed from her tackle box of items. The team not only helped keep everyone on the timeline but made the whole picture process fun and easy going, while being extremely efficient for every pose. They are so talented, it literally only takes them one or two snaps of the camera to get the perfect photo. I was surprised that my face didn't hurt by the end of the day from forcing a smile because it didn't need to be forced since we were having so much fun!

We also had our engagement photos with Daniel at Sharon Woods. He was so efficient and knew exactly where he wanted to take the pictures, how he wanted us posed all while making it light, relaxing and easy. The session only took 20-30 minutes and we came out with an amazing group of pictures. This was also super helpful to see how he shoots, to get used to his style to give you an idea of how easy it will go on your wedding day. I used this day to have my make up trial as well in order to see how it photographed.

Lastly, I got my husband a boudoir photo book as his wedding gift. I had the pictures taken through Images by Daniel Michael by Lauren. I was very nervous about doing these photos but Lauren made it super fun and knew the perfect angles to make women look their best in a very classy way. I never knew I could look that way and wonder now if maybe I got the best outcome from the "gift" through a lift in my self esteem and positive self-body image to the many many thanks of Lauren and the team at Images by Daniel Michael Photography.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Our photographer was Don, he is the most talented, most incredible photographer I've ever worked with. He made my day so easy and stress free. I'm the type of person who doesn't really like to tell people what to do, where to be and all that jazz, and Don made sure everything ran as smooth as possible. Jenna, our bridal assistant was an angel. She is so precious and helped all my girls pin their hair when needed, pinned on flowers for the bridal party. I felt she just went above and beyond and I could not thank her enough. My photography team made getting married so easy. I'm telling you... please, please PLEASE, do not go cheap when booking your photographer. You will have these images for the rest of your life, so if there is one thing you can afford to splurge on, splurge on Don. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Daniels team was absolutely fantastic! We had Don Schvart as our main photographer and he was beyond amazing! He blew our expectations beyond what we had expected. I knew he was great from his previous photos however words just cannot describe his work on our wedding day. Also, the extra perk of having a bridal assistant, at that time we had Meggie, was just the right touch! Her professionalism, experience, and genuine caring throughout the session made it more than a pleasant experience. Last but not least, Casey was our 2nd photographer who had capture such touching moments that are absolutely priceless.

Throughout the wedding day and after, we had came across many compliments on the team. I highly highly highly recommend everyone to use them after having such a great experience with them!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

One of the best decisions we made through the wedding planning process!!! Lauren was a joy to work with!!! She was willing to get to know us, was attentitive to what moments we wanted captured in our engagement pictures and wedding pictures, and was always professional. Lauren and her team arrived early to our wedding, was always in an upbeat positive mood, wowed our guests and deliverered gorgeous photos!!! We were beyond impressed! We highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael! They truly went above and beyond our expectations!

Profile Picture Samantha, 12/10/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our wedding photos couldn't possibly be better! Daniel and his team made everything so fun and relaxing. We didn't feel stressed or rushed through the entire day, all thanks to these wonderful professionals. Thank you guys so much! I am so glad I have these wonderful memories to look back on for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Lauren , 10/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Negatives, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

First off, the simplest thing I can say is that we knew we were going to pick Daniel Michael within the first few minutes of talking with him, and he was our first and only appointment. To begin, he could not be a better guy and so clearly want your wedding to be perfect. He takes so much time to make sure he has a great feeling about what you want captured, how you want your photos to turn out, and what is truly important to you. Nothing about the processes or your day has focus on him.

Our photos turned out to be absolutely incredible. We ended up with so many shots showcasing the greatest memories of the day and showing off our guests. The photos are such high quality and we now have too many photos that we want to hang on the wall. We couldn’t say enough good things about him, or the photojournalists who accompanied him through the day.

Two other important notes, we absolutely loved working with him, besides the photo quality. We looked forward to all of our meetings, and even though we spent a lot of hours just talking, we could have spent many more. Second, we were so impressed with how much he cares about his fellow Cincinnati vendors. It was really refreshing to hear him say so many good things about fellow people in his profession and make such great recommendations. We really couldn’t say enough good things about Daniel Michael and would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Jennah, 9/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Dan and his team are top notch! They did such a wonderful job capturing all of the moments of our special day! He is so professional and I never had one worry of what time it was, where we were supposed to be and NEVER thought "Is he getting all of the pictures I want?" Because he was getting them all and more!! My husband and I both have large families so sometimes it was a task to get them all in the same spot, at the same time, and all paying attention, but Dan had no problem stepping into that role and wrangling all of the people! AND the Bridal Assistant, what a life saver!! Seriously, I am not certain I could have made it that day without her (Thanks Jade!)...for real, that alone is worth the money! Example: As we are pulling up to the church, We forgot all about putting the boutonnieres on the guys... panic! And at that moment I realized I was supposed to pin my dad's on and I have no idea how to pin a boutonniere. No problem, the assistant handled it, with extra pins to secure. Phew! Overall, Dan and his staff are the real deal. They take great care of you and they take amazingly beautiful pictures. We have had nothing but compliments from our family about our "great photographer". If you have any doubt about booking them, don't have a doubt, they are the best!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

I went to one bridal show and found Lauren from Daniel Michael. I was in love with her. We went for a visit spoke with Daniel and booked with Lauren the next day. Everything was perfect from engagement pictures to wedding pictures. We were (I was) a crazy couple and she got along with us and we had fun with her. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and I think that came across in the photos she took. We haven't made it through all of them yet, but the ones we have seen were more than I could have imagined. We did not have video done, but she has given us memories to share for a lifetime and remember how special our day was. She captured what we saw and what we missed that day, and I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you Lauren, we love you and your work. And hope to work with you again in the future.

Love,
Abbey and Matt Wulf

Profile Picture Abigail, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had the absolute best experience with Images by Daniel Michael Photography for our engagement session and wedding. Lauren was our photographer and was amazing throughout the entire experience. From the engagement session to the wedding, everything was flawless. Even while she had food poisoning and a sinus infection on the day of the wedding, she surpassed our expectations x100. She made my entire family and friends feel so comfortable throughout the day and made sure we had a blast. Her entire crew was professional, proficient, and so kind. They really made our day spectacular. Not only was she amazing, but her the pictures she captured are breathtaking. She obtained every shot I requested and then so much more. I would highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael, and if you can get Lauren - you definitely won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Caitie, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

We had our engagement and wedding photos done with Mitch. They provided a second photographer, Hope, and a bridal assistant, Ally, (who literally sowed me into my wedding gown an hour before the ceremony because the top bottom on the back of my backless gown had fallen off!) I can not rave enough about how wonderful these three people were! The helped the day run smoothly and captured some really beautiful shoots. I am beyond pleased with our wedding photos and want to print all 600 out!
They provided us with a flash drive copy of 600 images and 100 special edit photos, which we are allowed to do with what we want. This is my favorite part - that the photos are actually ours. The turn around time was about 5 weeks (during peak wedding season, May).
This company is a little pricey but over all it was well worth the cost - you pay for the quality you receive. I personally believe it is worth paying for a photographer you are confident will provide exactly what you want, and I know Daniel Michael's can do that.

Profile Picture User6180607, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My wedding photos are phenomenal. The service and product I received from Daniel Micheal photography was outstanding. They two photographers and the bridal assistant were fantastic. They got all the shots I wanted and then some. Also they were quick to respond to any messages or email, prior to and after the wedding. Received my photos within a month of the event,

Profile Picture User4683760, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Proofs

Daniel Michael did a fabulous job shooting my daughter's wedding and reception. The photos are absolutely beautiful and we have gotten so many wonderful compliments on them. He was easy to work with and very timely in delivery. I would highly recommend Images by Daniel Michael.

Profile Picture Kelli, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Lauren was our photographer and oh my gosh she was absolutely amazing!! She was worth every penny. She did our engagement and wedding pictures and she also did my boudoir shoot. She was so flexible she drove all the way to our house twice, which is probably a hour away, to take pictures for us. And I could not have been more happy with all of the pictures that she took. I loved literally all of them and I got compliments from so many people on how awesome our pictures were! I highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/1/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot

We had an incredible experience with Images by Daniel Michael. We were blown away from the beginning. We felt that Daniel Michael was very honest with us in our first meeting and really helped us make an informed decision on a wedding photographer. We of course went with them and had Don Schvart be our lead photographer.
My husband and I felt super awkward in front of the camera during our engagement pictures, but after just 10 minutes Don made us feel comfortable and have fun with it. The engagement pictures were beautiful and we knew that we had no worries for the big day. The day of the wedding, Don and his team were professional, on time, and so helpful! I loved that there were assistants there simply for whatever random need came up. They carried my dress, my shoes, and even brought hand warmers and blankets (we had a January wedding). One of his assistants even helped make me a bustle last minute! They were awesome. The day went so smoothly thanks to their attention to every detail. My husband and I chose not to do a first look. However, unlike most photographers, Don did not pressure us to change our mind. Instead he worked with us and was able to get all our pictures done after the ceremony in less than an hour! I couldn't believe Don was able to keep the wedding party on schedule. He came early and stayed all day until the wedding ended at 12:30am!
We got our pictures back a week later and they were AMAZING!!! I have had countless people tell me how beautiful our pictures are. Its only been a month since the wedding and I have had 3 couples ask me who my photographer was, so that they can get the same one. Don and his team are so talented and hard working. I have absolutely no complaints or criticisms. I would highly suggest that any couple looking for a wedding photographer to use Images by Daniel Michael. Ask for Don Schvart, he's the best!!

Profile Picture Adrian, 1/2/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

We chose Beth Verdon as our wedding photographer, and she was absolutely incredible! We had an engagement shoot with her in January, and we were so happy with how the pictures turned out. On our wedding day in September, Beth exceeded all of our expectations! She and her team worked incredibly hard all day long, and they were able to perfectly capture every important moment throughout the day. They were also very efficient and stayed almost perfectly within our timeline, which did so much to keep me relaxed before the ceremony. Our pictures look wonderful, and we could not be more happy with them! We were shocked with how many little moments Beth and her team were able to capture. We are in love with every single picture! Thank you so much to Beth and the entire Images by Daniel Michael team! You truly made my wedding day so special and memorable!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files