Images by Daniel Michael Photography Reviews

132 | Cincinnati, OH

132 Reviews for Images by Daniel Michael Photography

Joe Helms · Married on 03/14/2020

Cathy and Joe's Wedding/Reception

In making a decision on a photographer for our wedding, we met with Daniel Michael, hearing his “pitch”. Cathy had already read his company’s online reviews, and this is what led us to meet with Images by Daniel Michael.

The reality is that when you choose a business for a service, you really don’t know whether it’s a good decision until after the event. You look back on the event and how things went, and then you ask yourself… would I choose this company again for the same service?

In the case of Images by Daniel Michael, the answer is absolutely YES! Daniel and his staff were all extremely professional, but also very approachable. But what made our event flow was that Daniel and staff were very experienced in how to keep things moving, while also coming up with some unique and amazing settings for photos.

Every appointment was on time, every time we met with Daniel and his staff they impressed us with how seasoned they were, and also how much fun it would be to have them there on our special day. Daniel chooses his staff and you can see his influence is why this company has such great employees.

If we had to do it all over again, we would pick Images by Daniel Michael!

Sent on 06/21/2020
  • Sharon

Sharon Joseph · Married on 02/16/2020

Hands down the best in town!

Don and his team were phenomenal. The photo clarity and ideas are stunning. Don works magic. His bridal assistants were very supportive giving us water to keep us hydrated, taking care of any accidental stains on my dress...Don is very accommodating and friendly.

Sent on 02/21/2020

Beth Linz · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing Work!

Johnny and team were AMAZING on my wedding day! I could not have asked for a better team to work with. Johnny made sure we had fun taking pictures even though it was cold outside and everyone was shaking! I cannot thank him enough for the beautiful pictures I received, especially the ones he made special for me where he photoshopped my mom into them. I will treasure those pictures forever as it was really hard not having her there with me! This team of photographers cannot be beat and I will recommend them to ANYONE who asks!! Thanks again for a wonderful day and gorgeous pictures!!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 10/19/2019

Creating magical memories!

We used this vendor at our wedding at Pinecroft in October. Lauren and her team were absolutely awesome the entire day. For all 12 hours they spent with us, they captured all the emotion of the day from so many people. Looking at the photos brought back all the tears of happiness of the day as if we were reliving it again. They did an absolutely magical job! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Kyle

Kyle Tipton · Married on 09/22/2019

Omg this group of photographers are angels

We just got our photos back and by far the best photos I have ever seen. I would have easily paid double to have Don, Johnny and Rachel take our pictures again! During the day of our wedding they were all so fun and amazing! They were very helpful with every little detail. You will not be disappointed in how amazing these talented photographers are!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Ciara

Ciara Francisco · Married on 08/17/2019

Exceeded my EVERY expectation

I cannot day enough about this company. Every step of the way they have been outstanding. My husband and I chose Mark for our wedding photographer and have been blown away. From making sure every detail was covered in engagement photos, staying up to date and in contact with us, to being amazing on our big day. Our contract was for Mark to stay the first hour of the reception (to ensure to capture the day and some of the party)... he stayed until the VERY END! He captured every time we were on the dance floor and our very last dance.

When you go for appointments they do a great job getting to know you and what you are looking for! They have an amazing bar stocked with rare bourbons (and everything else, my husband was very impressed with the bourbon selections). We even met Daniel who have my husband recommendations on where to find the rare Bourbons.

His whole team (Jenna and Amber) were all fantastic. I cannot wait to see how the photos turn out. They are well worth every dime and the best in the Tri state

We are expected to get photos back in September and I will upload some then!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Samantha · Married on 05/11/2019

Beyond Expectation

They were amazing at my wedding. All of the images they captured were beautiful and I’ll always have them to remember that special day. They were very professional and were ready for any unexpected surprises along the way. They made it a very fun experience and helped my wedding day go very smoothly. The assistant that I had with me was fantastic. She was ready for whatever adjustments my dress needed and made sure everyone was where they needed to be. My photographer Samantha did an amazing job and kept things moving along so that we could enjoy our wedding day more. I highly recommend them and will choose them again for future events.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/04/2019

Super Impressive!

I literally don't have anything but great things to say about Images by Daniel Michael! The whole experience was wonderful! Meggie was our lead photographer and she was AMAZING. For two people who don't take pictures very often and were worried about feeling awkward, Meggie and her team made us feel super comfortable. We are so happy to have both candid and posed photos from the day in addition to having someone help make sure everything was placed (i.e. my dress, hair, etc.) correctly in the shots. Meggie even rearranged her schedule so we could meet for an engagement photo session when we were coming from out of town. We both love all of our pictures and agree Images by Daniel Michael was our best vendor for the day by far! Seriously, they are amazing!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 03/29/2019

Quality and Service

The team from Daniel Michael Photography exceeded our already very high expectations. Johnny, Don, and Jenna made everything from the planning through the entire day of the wedding a professional, stress-free and exciting experience. The way the photographers played off one another's strengths completely captured every facet of the day and made every moment, from hysterically candid faces, to the beauty and majesty of the dress against the skyline, pop to life in the finished photos. The way the team blended into our party allowed them to capture some things i couldnt have dreamed of, and made our guests all comment on how amazing they all were. Our finished photos came back much faster than expected and look so beautiful we don't know where to begin with choices!! Thank you!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Molly · Married on 01/19/2019

Best photography team ever

The Daniel Michael team photographed our late January wedding and we have nothing but positive things to say. Johnny was our lead photographer and made us feel comfortable throughout the whole planning process. From the moment he arrived on our wedding day, he took charge and we had zero worries that every single shot we wanted was going to be taken. We've seen a preview of the pictures and they are even more amazing than we ever imagined possible--Johnny has a real gift. Lauren kept us laughing from the moment she arrived and bridal assistant Deedee (there are no words to describe how invaluable she was in our day) anticipated the entire wedding party's every need--we actually enjoyed taking pictures in below freezing temps because of this team. From the beginning, the whole team felt like good friends sharing in our day and we could not have enjoyed working with them any more than we did :)

Sent on 02/02/2019

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You will be happy to hear that on February 1, Dee Dee received our customer service award for the best assistant in 2018! I don't have to tell you why! Johnny was runner up for photo of the year. So you had quite the team at your wedding. So glad everything went so well!

Tabbi · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing in all areas

Don our photographer was great beyond measure. He is very knowledgeable in all areas you can think of including different cultures; very professional, punctual, polite, you name it. He makes you feel like he is really part of your event to the personal level. He is in it 100%. On the top of the great customer services skills he posses, His pictures are amazing! The whole office treated me well from the beginning to end, starting by the owner Michael. Their prices are really reasonable compared to seniority level, quality and all they do for you. Not to mention delivery time: none will bit Don who delivered all my pictures in 2 weeks!

Sent on 02/28/2020

Tabbi · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing in all areas

Sent on 02/28/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2018

Special Memories Captured

Daniel Michael Photography was an all around amazing experience. When we met with Daniel Michael to see if we wanted to work with him, he was welcoming, friendly, and very warm. He sold himself and his team without over talking himself, which was a turn off we had with other vendors we met with but didn’t hire. We were paired with Photographer Don who is very friendly and has a passion that he just can’t hide. He got to know us with an Engagement Photo Session. It started raining at the park, but it wasn’t pouring, so we had fun with it and he captured some very fun and beautiful pictures. I like that he can take advantage of a situation that doesn’t seem very enticing. Don did the same thing when it rained on our wedding day! Luckily we had a venue that had a wrap around covered porch. I really wanted outdoor fall photos, but the day was so rainy that it didn’t seem possible. We got some pseudo outdoor photos using the covered porch, but also got out a few times for not so rainy photos. We met with him a few weeks before the wedding and talked about what we wanted, who was going to be involved in photos, and where everything would be. He showed up at the Salon to take photos. When I was laughing because my nephew was watching his iPad while laying underneath chairs in the waiting room, Don immediately ran to him to take photos. This made me feel like he truly wanted to capture all the moments of the day, no matter how silly they seemed. That made me feel so... taken care of, for lack of better words.

Truly a great experience with Daniel Michael Photography. I plan to use them for future photography needs - Maternity, kids, etc. I would recommend them to all my friends and family!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

That is so sweet! I'm so thrilled how at ease you felt. Weather can be so stressful but Don is such a brilliant photographer that it's just another opportunity for him! He was so happy to read this. You know how personally he takes every one of his couples!

Maggie D · Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience!

Myself, my husband and my whole family had a great time working with Johnny and the whole staff at Images by Daniel Michael. The engagement and wedding day process was all such a blast and we have you guys to thank for that! The photos were given back in an extremely timely manner and were of excellent quality. Johnny did a great job of making us both feel comfortable in taking photos. During the wedding, the staff did a great job of taking photos that we didn't even notice the staff there during the ceremony which made for some great candids! Will definitely be recommending to others.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Steph · Married on 09/08/2018

Don Schvart was our photographer and we still can't even pick our top 5 favorite pictures because he was over the top amazing!! Brian and Allyson were apart of Don's day-of team and we seriously can't stop raving about how great they were!! We would absolutely highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Brittany · Married on 07/14/2018

I was so thrilled with our decision to go with Daniel Michael photography! Lauren and her entire team made the day so fun and easy and the photos turned out amazing!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Megan · Married on 04/07/2018

We couldn't have been more pleased with Images by Daniel Michael! We immediately felt at ease the moment we walked in to the studio. Daniel did a great job of explaining every facet of the company, how the day would go, and how great each and every one of their photographers are! The choice was easy! Every package comes with 3 people... the main photographer, the journalist/2nd photographer/candid moments photographer, and the assistant. We knew we wanted someone exclusive for candids and the assistant was just an added bonus! (She was so so so helpful throughout my day!!)

We picked lead photographer, Mark Wilder the very next day! Once booked, the communication was great! I never felt like I had to chase anyone for information. Mark was quick to get in contact with us to schedule our engagement photo session and our details appointment to go over the timeline for the big day.

We met Mark at Sharonville Park for engagement photos a few weeks later. He did a great job of explaining how certain things look on camera (hand placement, how close/far to be from each other, etc)! It was really helpful for preparation for the wedding!

Mark and his team showed up exactly on time the day of the wedding. He took my dress, shoes, jewelry and went around the venue where we were getting ready to grab some photos of the items while we finished up hair and makeup. The 2nd photographer, Meggie Bierkan, stayed with us to grab some snapshots. She was adorable!

Once ready, we hit the ground running! They were there every step of the way and I almost felt like they were an extension of the bridal party!
    Mark was there nearly 12 hours even though they were only contracted for 8 or so. The bridal party and both sets of parents cannot say enough good things about him and the staff. Aside from my new husband, this was the best decision I made on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Arlene · Married on 03/24/2018

We were lucky enough to have Daniel Michael as our photographer on our special day. We are SO happy that we choose him!!! Photography is something he is an EXPERT at. He takes fantastic pictures and also goes above and beyond on every single detail as it comes to plan your wedding. What really impressed us the most was the passion he puts into his work and understanding the emotions of the day. He makes sure to capture each of the little moments! His whole crew he had with him that day was extremely knowledgeable and well trained. At one point his assistant pulled out a tackle box and gave our bridesmaids hand warmers as they waited in the cold. He stayed around well into the reception and got lots of fantastic shots!!! He is very nice and extremely professional. I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Brian · Married on 03/24/2018

A picture speaks 1000 words, so I am not sure what I can say about Daniel Michael that their photos don’t already speak volumes about, but I am going to try to describe how awesome they really are. If you have looked through enough wedding photographers work, you can certainly tell which photographers are just taking picutres, because that what you do at a wedding, and which ones are truly creating a moment to capture. We first met with Daniel in his studio and while looking around at the work on his walls and we noticed a number of really incredible, dramatic shots that really spoke to our personal style. We asked who was the photographer on those, and we learned that most (if not all) our favorites shots were done by Don, one of the master photographers at Images by Daniel Michael. We were so very lucky to learn that Don was available for our wedding date and immediately booked him. You can really tell by not only his work, but the way he went about shooting that he is definitely deserving of the master title. He was so detail oriented with every shot. Telling us when keys or phones in pockets were showing, making sure the scenery was just right, fixing hair and flowers, getting postures right. I mean this guy won’t take a shot unless he knows its going to look right. The studio is fantastic as well, they were so helpful with tips and advice on all things wedding, and making sure all our photo needs/requests were planned out and scheduled for the big day. In addition to Don, they sent a secondary photojournalist to capture candids while Don was taking main shots, and a bridal assistant to help out with anything we needed, as well as work directly with the photographers to get lighting, attire, scenery and any other detail just right for each shot. The whole experience from the first meeting, to the engagement photos (included with the wedding package :D) to the big day was nothing short of spectacular. We got our photos back so quickly and we couldn’t be

Sent on 04/10/2018

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

I loved working with Lauren at Images by Daniel Michael! She was so easy and fun to work with. We first had our engagement pictures done by Lauren and she captured exactly what I was looking for. She was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process! She took the time to sit with us and go over the whole day and exactly how we wanted it to go. For the day of the wedding Lauren and her team were so nice, happy and helpful! She made sure we stuck to our timeline but captured everything that we asked for. We received a preview on Facebook a couple weeks after and they were AMAZING! I cannot wait to look through all of them. We had so much fun working with Lauren and I highly recommend her if you are looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Emma · Married on 10/07/2017

I am so happy we chose to work with Daniel Michael for our wedding in early October this year. The company was easy to work with and they were very great at getting our engagement and wedding photos back to us in a timely manner. Above all, I can't rave enough about our photographer - Meggie Baker. From the moment my husband and I met Meggie during our engagement session, we knew we had the right photographer for our wedding. She is so personable, made taking millions of pictures seem like a breeze and even the whole bridal party was talking about how awesome it was working with her! Plus, she saved me with a safety pin when the button on my wedding dress popped off during my dad's toast. Thank you Meggie for going above and beyond to capture breath-taking photos and making the entire process so much fun!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Rose · Married on 09/30/2017

Words cannot describe how truly happy we were to have Daniel Michael photograph our wedding. We will continue to use him in the future for capturing all of our most important life moments. He was so fast and no one ever felt like they were having their pictures taken. The way he interacted with us and the guests was amazing. We still have people talking about how funny and friendly our photographer was. I think he seen more of our guests than we did! When you look at our pictures you can actually see the emotions the people are feeling. They say a picture paints a thousand words, his really do. If you are looking for someone who goes above and beyond, Imagines by Daniel Michael does.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

I have nothing but positive ravings about Johnny, our master photographer, his second shooter, Hope, and my "matron of honor" Natalie (Natalie was the bridal assistant - but she was so awesome we started calling her my matron of honor!), and everyone at Images by Daniel Michael.

From the very beginning, the staff at Images by Daniel Michael were so kind and welcoming. Johnny continuously went above and beyond our expectations - with our engagement shoot, my bridal portraits (rock the dress, session B), and of course the wedding! We get nothing but compliments about our photos. Even before we got them back, people kept asking us "who is your photographer, he's so good!" but how they knew he was awesome (he definitely is) I'm not sure, but they're spot on!

The entire staff is phenomenal. Before we set up the initial appointment, I was quite certain we would hire Images by Daniel Michael. Upon meeting Daniel Michael, both my (now) husband and I knew we had to hire them immediately - they were the only studio we met with! They were the first vendor (aside from the venue) that we booked, and we booked 2 years in advance. Every time Linda (office assistant) emailed that my pictures were done, I came the same day because I was too dang excited. Linda was always so accommodating as well! She stayed a little late in the studio on a Saturday so I could get my engagement photos! She is so sweet and I'm sure I seemed crazy! Haha.

Johnny, Hope, and Natalie worked together fantastically as a team. They were all in sync and so accommodating. Natalie constantly would tell me that I was to do nothing - she would take care of it - and she did.

I seriously could ramble on and on about how awesome these humans are, but I'll end it with this: we got all 800+ gorgeous photos within 11 days of our wedding. Look no further!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Chris · Married on 08/05/2017

Dan has been fantastic so far. We just had our engagement photos and had a terrific time. My fiancée doesn't exactly enjoy being the center of attention, but Dan made us both feel so comfortable and relaxed, my fiancée didn't feel overwhelmed or self-conscious at all. What a great initial experience. I can't wait to see all of the photos!!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

For me, that's what the engagement session is all about. Yes you get some nice photos to share with family and friends. But more importantly you get a test run to see what you like and how easy it is! Thanks for sharing!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/05/2017

Pictures came out gorgeous and the studio was very on top of things.

Sent on 08/19/2017