Images by Daniel Michael Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Lauren Married on 10/30/2021

Seriously blown away!

We hit the jackpot finding Don from Images by Daniel Michael for our wedding photography. After talking to Daniel on our initial phone call, he led us to Don, and we could not be more grateful for that recommendation. Don’s photos speak for themselves, and he is a true master at his craft. I was absolutely blown away by all the images! Don’s passion for his work allows him to look through his lens each time with a fresh set of eyes and despite having done this for years you never feel that he is “going through the motions,” which I think can be easy to do for someone with his level of experience. He was also just a joy to work with on our wedding day. I can credit him for creating and running the photography timeline for the entire day and he and his team for making sure things ran smoothly. Truly, everything you could possibly need his team has thought of, and it was there before I even knew I needed it! I also need to credit his team member, Terry Holt, for going above and beyond the day of our wedding. She had EVERYTHING you could imagine ready to go for everyone. She taped up my feet when they were hurting, fixed my dad’s boutonniere when it broke and kept water in her pocket to offer to me during the downtime of my whirlwind of a day. She even stayed later than expected to help Don capture more images from the reception! This team led by Don knew exactly how to make our day amazing and then captured breathtaking photos while they were doing it and we could not be more grateful!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Hi Lauren and Zach, I know no person as passionate about photography than Don. Every couple Don has truly has a greater appreciation for the craft afterwards. Not only Don, but having a team to support the whole day just makes the day that much more memorable. Of course being up at Sunset Farms doesn't hurt either!
  • Victoria
    Victoria Married on 10/09/2021

Best Photography Vendor in the business!!!!!

From start to finish, this team was absolutely amazing!!! I had Amber as my lead photographer and she was incredible!! I spoke with Daniel first and he sold me on booking their team based on price, accommodations, professionalism and value!! Amber was so nice and so easy to work with! Great energy through both our engagement and wedding day photos. Kept me calm when we were running behind and things went wrong, as they always do with a wedding. She never made me feel rushed and got all the photos I asked for still even after arriving at the venue almost 2 hours behind schedule. Best day ever and a huge part was because of this team and the work they put in!!! Just got our photos back a few days ago and I am over the moon with the quality!!!!! 100/10 would recommend to anyone I know that is looking for a photographer!!!!!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Amber loved shooting your wedding, you, Zach, and your wedding party were a hoot! Loved the outdoor ceremony, and what a neat spot for your reception! Amber, Eric, and Kristin had a great time with your crew!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie L. Married on 09/19/2021

Bride (Mrs. Mitchell)

Me and my now husband booked Daniel Michael Photography partly because we saw that they had an award winning picture in 2019 from our actual venue and we liked how they went about editing their pictures. For our engagement shoot we got to meet Allyson. She is such a sweetheart and was very easy to work with. On the day of the wedding (September 18th), her and her team were absolutely amazing!! They were so much fun and Melissa (photographers' assistant) had such a great attention for detail to make sure everything looked great, while Allyson and Meggie got the best shots! They took into account all the pictures we wanted to get and Allyson stayed til the very end of the night to capture every moment. Also, as a nursing mom, I was a little stressed about having our 4 month baby girl at the wedding and wasn't sure how things were going to go. But these ladies were such a blessing. They helped with our daughter and made sure everything went smoothly, so that I didn't have to stress and could focus on having the best day!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you Stephanie and Jacob! I think Allyson knocked it out of the park with the sunset photos, don't you think? Allyson, Megan, and Melissa work great together as a team, and being mothers themselves, couldn't have asked for a better fit for you as a new mother.
    Rebecca C. Married on 08/13/2021

Beautiful photos and amazing photographers!

We’re so happy we chose to have Images by Daniel Michael photograph our wedding day! As soon as we met with Dan to hear his pitch, we knew we wanted him as our photographer. We had such a great time with him shooting our engagement photos and were so excited to work with him on our wedding day. His entire team was amazing! Our wedding parties and families even commented on how great the photography team was. They were also so prepared! They brought a toolbox filled with anything you could possibly need and even fixed someone’s hem. The pictures came out even better than we could have imagined. They captured so many little details that could have been easily missed, like the weird faces my now wife and I tend to make at each other or the table numbers we made ourselves. In the rush of the day we forgot to have pictures of our invitations taken, and Dan offered to have us stop by the studio so he could take them there. Thanks to everyone involved for helping to make our wedding day special! If we had to do our wedding all over again, we’d definitely choose Images by Daniel Michael as our photographers again!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rebecca! It really goes to show how an experienced team can make the day, so much fun and laid back.
    Its all about getting you to be yourselves, and capturing those details, as every wedding day goes by so fast! Myself, Kirsten, and Terry loved spending the day with you!
    Rachel D. Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing Photos!

We had our wedding pictures taken by Johnny and his team, and they did a fantastic job! Crisp images, beautiful edits, and lots of fun candid moments captured. My husband and I are really looking forward to having these photos to look back on for the rest of our lives!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you loved them! Johnny, Rick, Kirstin and Terry will be so happy to see this. I'm so happy to hear it was such a wonderful experience!
  • Alex
    Alex G. Married on 08/02/2020

Amazing pictures!

Don is a photography mastermind! I am beyond thrilled with our wedding photos, and I am so happy we chose Images By Daniel Michael to photograph one of the most important days of our lives! Right off the bat, we had a good feeling about this studio. Daniel was so easy to talk to and really helped us understand the art of photography before we even got into talking about booking, which made me feel more comfortable about what we were paying for. We decided to book Don for our big day. I mean, his portfolio of photos was fantastic, so i was not worried about our photos, but I was still floored (in the best way possible) by what we received. We had several artistic shots showcasing our venue, as well as all of the family and candid shots we were looking for. Don took time to figure out our style and what we liked/wanted from our wedding photos. He is so talented! We had several family members and wedding guests ask about who took our photos. They really were amazing! I absolutely loved ever photo he took. The only problem you will have is deciding which photos you want to display! cannot recommend Images by Daniel Michael enough! Thank you Daniel, Don, and the amazing photography teams and assistants for capturing our most precious memories

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You guys are the best! Thanks so much for taking the time to say all this about Don. I know it's well deserved as we both know his passion and work ethic. He's going to be thrilled to see this!
    Joe H. Married on 03/14/2020

Cathy and Joe's Wedding/Reception

In making a decision on a photographer for our wedding, we met with Daniel Michael, hearing his “pitch”. Cathy had already read his company’s online reviews, and this is what led us to meet with Images by Daniel Michael.

The reality is that when you choose a business for a service, you really don’t know whether it’s a good decision until after the event. You look back on the event and how things went, and then you ask yourself… would I choose this company again for the same service?

In the case of Images by Daniel Michael, the answer is absolutely YES! Daniel and his staff were all extremely professional, but also very approachable. But what made our event flow was that Daniel and staff were very experienced in how to keep things moving, while also coming up with some unique and amazing settings for photos.

Every appointment was on time, every time we met with Daniel and his staff they impressed us with how seasoned they were, and also how much fun it would be to have them there on our special day. Daniel chooses his staff and you can see his influence is why this company has such great employees.

If we had to do it all over again, we would pick Images by Daniel Michael!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Cathy and Joe! It truly is after the fact, you look back and realize how important it is to have a good team with you all day that knows what they're doing! After all the meetings, its always great to show up the wedding day, confident you're getting everything you hoped for with photos, and having fun while doing it!
  • Sharon
    Sharon J. Married on 02/16/2020

Hands down the best in town!

Don and his team were phenomenal. The photo clarity and ideas are stunning. Don works magic. His bridal assistants were very supportive giving us water to keep us hydrated, taking care of any accidental stains on my dress...Don is very accommodating and friendly.

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Sharon. Don has loved working with you and Raghu. Don has such a good eye for photography, and he really does give 100% to each wedding.
    Beth L. Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing Work!

Johnny and team were AMAZING on my wedding day! I could not have asked for a better team to work with. Johnny made sure we had fun taking pictures even though it was cold outside and everyone was shaking! I cannot thank him enough for the beautiful pictures I received, especially the ones he made special for me where he photoshopped my mom into them. I will treasure those pictures forever as it was really hard not having her there with me! This team of photographers cannot be beat and I will recommend them to ANYONE who asks!! Thanks again for a wonderful day and gorgeous pictures!!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Hi Beth! I know we all want your wedding day to be as worry free as it can be. I want to thank you for braving the cold for some beautiful shots at Spring Grove. Myself, Allyson, and Cayce loved being there for you! I want to thank you and Renaldo for laughing at my bad jokes all day! Though we all know Mom was there in spirit, I was more than happy to add her to some photos.
  • Linda
    Linda Married on 10/19/2019

Creating magical memories!

We used this vendor at our wedding at Pinecroft in October. Lauren and her team were absolutely awesome the entire day. For all 12 hours they spent with us, they captured all the emotion of the day from so many people. Looking at the photos brought back all the tears of happiness of the day as if we were reliving it again. They did an absolutely magical job! I would highly recommend them!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you Linda! Lauren will make sure you get all the photos you would possibly need, a 12 hour day is long, but not unusual for us! The Candid photos Rick took are probably your favorite photos you never even knew were taken. Its truly magical seeing the emotion come out when you look back on the day!
  • Kyle
    Kyle T. Married on 09/22/2019

Omg this group of photographers are angels

We just got our photos back and by far the best photos I have ever seen. I would have easily paid double to have Don, Johnny and Rachel take our pictures again! During the day of our wedding they were all so fun and amazing! They were very helpful with every little detail. You will not be disappointed in how amazing these talented photographers are!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you Kyle! Don is amazing at what he does; not just photography, but the way he just puts you at ease. And speaking of details, I loved how you had so much personality sprinkled throughout the day!
  • Ciara
    Ciara F. Married on 08/17/2019

Exceeded my EVERY expectation

I cannot day enough about this company. Every step of the way they have been outstanding. My husband and I chose Mark for our wedding photographer and have been blown away. From making sure every detail was covered in engagement photos, staying up to date and in contact with us, to being amazing on our big day. Our contract was for Mark to stay the first hour of the reception (to ensure to capture the day and some of the party)... he stayed until the VERY END! He captured every time we were on the dance floor and our very last dance.

When you go for appointments they do a great job getting to know you and what you are looking for! They have an amazing bar stocked with rare bourbons (and everything else, my husband was very impressed with the bourbon selections). We even met Daniel who have my husband recommendations on where to find the rare Bourbons.

His whole team (Jenna and Amber) were all fantastic. I cannot wait to see how the photos turn out. They are well worth every dime and the best in the Tri state

We are expected to get photos back in September and I will upload some then!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you Ciara! Im sure Mark got some fun photos as the reception went along! Until the wedding day, its hard to understand how important Jenna and Amber are! I hope Daryl has started a little Bourbon collection of his own!
    Samantha Married on 05/11/2019

Beyond Expectation

They were amazing at my wedding. All of the images they captured were beautiful and I’ll always have them to remember that special day. They were very professional and were ready for any unexpected surprises along the way. They made it a very fun experience and helped my wedding day go very smoothly. The assistant that I had with me was fantastic. She was ready for whatever adjustments my dress needed and made sure everyone was where they needed to be. My photographer Samantha did an amazing job and kept things moving along so that we could enjoy our wedding day more. I highly recommend them and will choose them again for future events.

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Hi Samantha! Im glad to hear you had so much fun with Samantha, Don, and Dee Dee. As the assistant, her job is to be your shadow, and everyone loves her! Its great to have such an experienced, professional team to keep you at ease while enjoying the whirlwind that is every wedding!
    Kelsey Married on 05/04/2019

Super Impressive!

I literally don't have anything but great things to say about Images by Daniel Michael! The whole experience was wonderful! Meggie was our lead photographer and she was AMAZING. For two people who don't take pictures very often and were worried about feeling awkward, Meggie and her team made us feel super comfortable. We are so happy to have both candid and posed photos from the day in addition to having someone help make sure everything was placed (i.e. my dress, hair, etc.) correctly in the shots. Meggie even rearranged her schedule so we could meet for an engagement photo session when we were coming from out of town. We both love all of our pictures and agree Images by Daniel Michael was our best vendor for the day by far! Seriously, they are amazing!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Hi Kelsey! Meggie will go that extra mile to make sure you feel comfortable. I think most of us prefer to be on the back side of the camera, its intimidating, so anything we can do to put you at ease is worth it! You never really think how much you would need the assistant until the big day, right?
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 03/29/2019

Quality and Service

The team from Daniel Michael Photography exceeded our already very high expectations. Johnny, Don, and Jenna made everything from the planning through the entire day of the wedding a professional, stress-free and exciting experience. The way the photographers played off one another's strengths completely captured every facet of the day and made every moment, from hysterically candid faces, to the beauty and majesty of the dress against the skyline, pop to life in the finished photos. The way the team blended into our party allowed them to capture some things i couldnt have dreamed of, and made our guests all comment on how amazing they all were. Our finished photos came back much faster than expected and look so beautiful we don't know where to begin with choices!! Thank you!
    Molly Married on 01/19/2019

Best photography team ever

The Daniel Michael team photographed our late January wedding and we have nothing but positive things to say. Johnny was our lead photographer and made us feel comfortable throughout the whole planning process. From the moment he arrived on our wedding day, he took charge and we had zero worries that every single shot we wanted was going to be taken. We've seen a preview of the pictures and they are even more amazing than we ever imagined possible--Johnny has a real gift. Lauren kept us laughing from the moment she arrived and bridal assistant Deedee (there are no words to describe how invaluable she was in our day) anticipated the entire wedding party's every need--we actually enjoyed taking pictures in below freezing temps because of this team. From the beginning, the whole team felt like good friends sharing in our day and we could not have enjoyed working with them any more than we did :)

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

You will be happy to hear that on February 1, Dee Dee received our customer service award for the best assistant in 2018! I don't have to tell you why! Johnny was runner up for photo of the year. So you had quite the team at your wedding. So glad everything went so well!
    Tabbi Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing in all areas

Don our photographer was great beyond measure. He is very knowledgeable in all areas you can think of including different cultures; very professional, punctual, polite, you name it. He makes you feel like he is really part of your event to the personal level. He is in it 100%. On the top of the great customer services skills he posses, His pictures are amazing! The whole office treated me well from the beginning to end, starting by the owner Michael. Their prices are really reasonable compared to seniority level, quality and all they do for you. Not to mention delivery time: none will bit Don who delivered all my pictures in 2 weeks!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Thank you Tabbi! Don loves hearing back from his couples. There is no denying he is a master at his craft. Its wonderful to surprise someone early with their photos too!
    Tabbi Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing in all areas

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

I see you loved us so much, we have two reviews from you Tabbi! I know Don gives 100% at every wedding. Your job is to enjoy the day, and trust Don's creative genius
  • Alisha
    Alisha Married on 10/27/2018

Best Dream Photography Team!

We just cannot say enough nice things about this studio and their photography. We first spoke with Daniel Michael on the phone after he was referred to us by several other vendors we had secured. He was so outgoing and friendly! He really spoke to the craft behind his photography which we enjoyed hearing. We also appreciate the time he puts in day of. He doesn’t set an end time like most photographers, he stays until he feels he’s captured all the shots and moments he needs to or you want him to. He keeps everyone laughing and managed posing our large bridal party with ease (20 people total)!! One of the BEST parts about working with Daniel Michael was his amazing team. I (the bride) cannot say enough nice things about Terry!! She was my shadow, had an emergency kit with anything you could think of, fluffed my dress for every picture, held my flowers and shawl as they were in/out of pictures and had a very calming energy about her which rubbed off on me from the beginning. She was a dream and I can’t imagine my day or pictures being half as perfect without her help. The turnaround on both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures was incredible! We returned home from our honeymoon and were surprised with a sneak peek just one week after our wedding!! The pictures were breath taking, the candids were perfect and we honestly couldn’t imagine having worked with another photographer. Thank you Daniel Michael and your dream team!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

Hi Alisha! Awesome to hear from you and Will. Terry loved your complement, and thank you for laughing at my bad jokes all day! Its hard not to love your photos!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 10/26/2018

Special Memories Captured

Daniel Michael Photography was an all around amazing experience. When we met with Daniel Michael to see if we wanted to work with him, he was welcoming, friendly, and very warm. He sold himself and his team without over talking himself, which was a turn off we had with other vendors we met with but didn’t hire. We were paired with Photographer Don who is very friendly and has a passion that he just can’t hide. He got to know us with an Engagement Photo Session. It started raining at the park, but it wasn’t pouring, so we had fun with it and he captured some very fun and beautiful pictures. I like that he can take advantage of a situation that doesn’t seem very enticing. Don did the same thing when it rained on our wedding day! Luckily we had a venue that had a wrap around covered porch. I really wanted outdoor fall photos, but the day was so rainy that it didn’t seem possible. We got some pseudo outdoor photos using the covered porch, but also got out a few times for not so rainy photos. We met with him a few weeks before the wedding and talked about what we wanted, who was going to be involved in photos, and where everything would be. He showed up at the Salon to take photos. When I was laughing because my nephew was watching his iPad while laying underneath chairs in the waiting room, Don immediately ran to him to take photos. This made me feel like he truly wanted to capture all the moments of the day, no matter how silly they seemed. That made me feel so... taken care of, for lack of better words.

Truly a great experience with Daniel Michael Photography. I plan to use them for future photography needs - Maternity, kids, etc. I would recommend them to all my friends and family!

Images by Daniel Michael Photography's reply:

That is so sweet! I'm so thrilled how at ease you felt. Weather can be so stressful but Don is such a brilliant photographer that it's just another opportunity for him! He was so happy to read this. You know how personally he takes every one of his couples!
    Maggie Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience!

Myself, my husband and my whole family had a great time working with Johnny and the whole staff at Images by Daniel Michael. The engagement and wedding day process was all such a blast and we have you guys to thank for that! The photos were given back in an extremely timely manner and were of excellent quality. Johnny did a great job of making us both feel comfortable in taking photos. During the wedding, the staff did a great job of taking photos that we didn't even notice the staff there during the ceremony which made for some great candids! Will definitely be recommending to others.
    Steph Married on 09/08/2018
    Don Schvart was our photographer and we still can't even pick our top 5 favorite pictures because he was over the top amazing!! Brian and Allyson were apart of Don's day-of team and we seriously can't stop raving about how great they were!! We would absolutely highly recommend!!!
    Brittany Married on 07/14/2018
    I was so thrilled with our decision to go with Daniel Michael photography! Lauren and her entire team made the day so fun and easy and the photos turned out amazing!
    Megan Married on 04/07/2018
    We couldn't have been more pleased with Images by Daniel Michael! We immediately felt at ease the moment we walked in to the studio. Daniel did a great job of explaining every facet of the company, how the day would go, and how great each and every one of their photographers are! The choice was easy! Every package comes with 3 people... the main photographer, the journalist/2nd photographer/candid moments photographer, and the assistant. We knew we wanted someone exclusive for candids and the assistant was just an added bonus! (She was so so so helpful throughout my day!!)

We picked lead photographer, Mark Wilder the very next day! Once booked, the communication was great! I never felt like I had to chase anyone for information. Mark was quick to get in contact with us to schedule our engagement photo session and our details appointment to go over the timeline for the big day.

We met Mark at Sharonville Park for engagement photos a few weeks later. He did a great job of explaining how certain things look on camera (hand placement, how close/far to be from each other, etc)! It was really helpful for preparation for the wedding!

Mark and his team showed up exactly on time the day of the wedding. He took my dress, shoes, jewelry and went around the venue where we were getting ready to grab some photos of the items while we finished up hair and makeup. The 2nd photographer, Meggie Bierkan, stayed with us to grab some snapshots. She was adorable!

Once ready, we hit the ground running! They were there every step of the way and I almost felt like they were an extension of the bridal party!
    Mark was there nearly 12 hours even though they were only contracted for 8 or so. The bridal party and both sets of parents cannot say enough good things about him and the staff. Aside from my new husband, this was the best decision I made on my wedding day!
    Brian Married on 03/24/2018
    A picture speaks 1000 words, so I am not sure what I can say about Daniel Michael that their photos don’t already speak volumes about, but I am going to try to describe how awesome they really are. If you have looked through enough wedding photographers work, you can certainly tell which photographers are just taking picutres, because that what you do at a wedding, and which ones are truly creating a moment to capture. We first met with Daniel in his studio and while looking around at the work on his walls and we noticed a number of really incredible, dramatic shots that really spoke to our personal style. We asked who was the photographer on those, and we learned that most (if not all) our favorites shots were done by Don, one of the master photographers at Images by Daniel Michael. We were so very lucky to learn that Don was available for our wedding date and immediately booked him. You can really tell by not only his work, but the way he went about shooting that he is definitely deserving of the master title. He was so detail oriented with every shot. Telling us when keys or phones in pockets were showing, making sure the scenery was just right, fixing hair and flowers, getting postures right. I mean this guy won’t take a shot unless he knows its going to look right. The studio is fantastic as well, they were so helpful with tips and advice on all things wedding, and making sure all our photo needs/requests were planned out and scheduled for the big day. In addition to Don, they sent a secondary photojournalist to capture candids while Don was taking main shots, and a bridal assistant to help out with anything we needed, as well as work directly with the photographers to get lighting, attire, scenery and any other detail just right for each shot. The whole experience from the first meeting, to the engagement photos (included with the wedding package :D) to the big day was nothing short of spectacular. We got our photos back so quickly and we couldn’t be