Illinois Beach Hotel Reviews

Illinois Beach Hotel 6
Illinois Beach Hotel 7

Jennifer Strzelecki · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Before we even got engaged, I knew that I wanted to have our wedding at Illinois Beach Resort after attending a prior wedding there. From the beginning of the planning process to the very end, the team there were nothing short of amazing and made my dream wedding a reality. Our consultant Kim was always in contact with us, was open to me making out of the ordinary adjustments, and walked us through everything to make sure we had all of our bases covered. The day itself was absolutely perfect, they gave us plenty of time to set up our decor the morning of, and they even cleaned everything up at the end of the night and packed up all of our decor so that we just had to bring it to the car the next morning! There are a million more things I could say, but the bottom line is this: if you’re in the area and are looking for a beach/outdoor venue, this is the place to book! The hotel is beautiful and rooms are all updated, the staff is super friendly, and the scenery is enough to make you fall in love. You really get what you pay for. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

We can't thank you enough for your review, Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to write this and we are so happy we could be a part of your perfect wedding! We wish you all the best and please come back to visit us!
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 07/28/2018

Excellent wedding and reception location

My wife and I got married at Illinois Beach resort in July 2018. We are so happy we chose this location. Kim and Donna helped us with the planning and they were great. There was something fun for all of our mostly out-of-town guests between the beach, game room, pool, hot tub and fire pit. The food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate our last minute changes. We had our ceremony in the grass it was an absolutely beautiful location. The tent was a great location for our reception. We got so many compliments from guests on how much they enjoyed their experience. For all this, the Resort's prices were very competitive. We highly recommend Illinois Beach Resort.

Sent on 01/19/2019
    Illinois Beach Hotel 22
    Illinois Beach Hotel 23
    Illinois Beach Hotel 24

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

Kevin, thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for posting pictures! We loved hosting your family and friends. We wish you many years of happiness together!

Camille · Married on 07/15/2018

The Illinois Beach Resort was the best place to have a wedding! Not only is the scenery amazing, but Kim and all the Illinois Beach Resort staff were amazing to work with. Kim was so attentive and responsive, she’ll make you feel like your wedding is the only wedding she is helping with. The staff was also very attentive, you would ask for something and it would be done. The food was delicious and it was all served hot. The people that attended our wedding cannot say enough nice things about the resort. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Camille,
    Thank you so much for your review! We were so happy to have you here with us on your wedding day and hope you come back soon!

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

We loved the views and sight of Illinois Beach Resort the first time we came to visit. We could not have imagined that the venue could get any better than the views, but it did. We had nothing but a wonderful experience from the first day we came to visit until the day we had to checkout after our wedding. Kim continually checked in on us and was very accommodating with all of our questions and ideas. The food was phenomenal--guests commented that the filet was cut with butter knives it was so tender and the almond encrusted tilapia was so good that people were licking their plates. The staff was so helpful and made sure to check in on my husband and I throughout the evening to ensure everything was up to par. I have never felt so doted on in my life! Our guests are still talking about how this was the best wedding they have ever gone to and it is because of the care and attention Illinois Beach Resort gave to us and our guests!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Illinois Beach Hotel 25
    Illinois Beach Hotel 26
    Illinois Beach Hotel 27

Katie,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review!
    We are so honored to have been a part of your wedding day. Wishing you and Jake many happy years of marriage!

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2018

My husband and I had the wedding our dreams due to the wonderful resort. We wanted a beach wedding without the hassle of travel...and we got that there! The entire day went smoothly due to the wonderful staff. They were so accommodating and patient from the beginning of planning to the end of the big night. This place really is a hidden gem!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Hi Lauren,
    Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to have been a part of your special day. Congratulations again!

Kaylee · Married on 07/06/2018

Everything about this place was amazing! We got married here in July 2018 and everything from our sales manager Kim Hall, venue, food, etc. was all perfect!

Sent on 08/20/2018
    Illinois Beach Hotel 28
    Illinois Beach Hotel 29

Hi Kaylee,
    Thank you so much for your review.
    Beautiful pictures!

Cherie · Married on 06/23/2018

Amazing wedding venue!!

We looked a lot of different venues for our wedding. Originally we wanted to do destination but with the amazing view and the reception room facing Lake Michigan we got our beach wedding we wanted. We had our Disney wedding on June 23, 2018 at the resort right by the beach. It was absolutely amazing from the venue, food and staff. Kim was so patient and helpful with every step of the planning and on the day of and the staff was amazing...especially Renee our bartender. She is the best...we always visit her when we go to the restaurant. (We are pretty much regulars there lol) We just got our pictures back from the wedding and they are phenomenal. If you are looking for a fabulous place to get married...look no further!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Cherie,
    What an amazing review. We are so thankful we got to be a part of your Disney wedding! We are so happy to hear you come visit frequently and hope to see you soon. Wishing you and Chris many years of love and happiness.
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 06/16/2018

We just got married here on 6/16. Kim was a dream to work with in regards to planning our perfect day. She was always responsive to emails in a timely fashion and was very helpful in coordinating our rehearsal and day of needs. Our family and friends loved the venue and everything that it came with, many of them are planning return trips to the hotel for weekend getaways and special occasions. We will of course return as well, we just can't stay away! Illinois Beach Resort is the perfect venue for that destination wedding feel without the destination wedding price tag. We still are getting compliments several times over from our family and friends how much fun they had, how much they enjoyed the food and the atmosphere we were able to create here. Will continuously recommend this venue to any friends and family getting married in the area! Thanks Kim and all the IL Beach Resort Staff for making our wedding a day to warmly remember forever.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Grace,
    We are so glad we got to help make this a day to remember.
    Thank you so much for your review, congratulations again!

Shelia Walls · Married on 06/08/2018

Highly recommended

I had my wedding here in June. The biggest thing anyone wants to know off top " is it affordable?". SUPER affordable for young couples wanting all that comes with a wedding. The packages can be tailor made and there's always help if you have questions. I had the wedding I wanted at a fraction of the current market amount. Kim is definitely a good guide that helped us assess our needs. Definitely recommended for that young bride looking to have her dream wedding on a budget!

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Illinois Beach Hotel 30

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

We are so happy we could be a part of your dream wedding! Thank you for the review Shelia! We hope you come back to visit!

Kristy · Married on 05/11/2018

My husband and I absolutely love Illinois Beach Hotel! The prime location on Lake Michigan is a sight to see. We've enjoyed many hikes in the area as well. After visiting a few times we decided to make this our wedding destination. The hotel staff could not be nicer or more accommodating. The weather did not cooperate and hotel staff moved quickly to ensure we still had the experience of a lifetime. We cannot wait to go back!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Kristy,
    We are so glad you had the experience of a lifetime.
    Thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you back soon!

Kristena · Married on 05/05/2018

Absolutely loved my wedding! Couldn’t ask for a more perfect day. The staff was incredible and attentive. Would highly recommend Illinois Beach Resort!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Kristena,
    Thank you for taking the time to review us!
    We hope to see you again some day!

Laura · Married on 09/09/2017

We got married in September, and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. We were able to have hair and make-up come to the room, so we could enjoy the beach view from the balcony.
    Kim Hall was an excellent wedding coordinator, always very easy to communicate with, and very attentive to details. We used the preferred vendor list, which was excellent. All the vendors already knew each other, which made it easy for them to coordinate and work with each other. They were all very familiar with the venue, and had worked with Kim Hall before, so everyone knew the drill better than we did!
    During the cocktail hour, I spent a lot of time away bustling my dress. However, the staff made sure I was served an assortment of appetizers, and I always had a drink if I wanted one.
    Dinner was excellent (we had steak+asiago chicken) and the presentation was very pretty (the asparagus were wrapped in a hollowed out squash ring). The staff checked on us often to see if we needed anything, and everyone was very attentive. Special dietary needs were well taken care of, and the portions were very well sized.
    During the reception, we opted for a bonfire option and witnessed a fantastic moon-rise (complete with s’mores) on the beach. Bar service was excellent. The staff continued to be extremely attentive during the reception, and approached me throughout the night to see if I needed anything, or if they could get me another drink, even while I was outside at the bonfire.
    We had a lot of out of town guests, so having the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, reception, and hotel all in one beautiful location made our wedding feel like a destination wedding on the beach – it just happened to be in the middle of the MidWest!. Our guests especially enjoyed the pool/fitness center, as well as walks along the beach during the day. A lot of our guests made a point to tell us what an amazing time they had at the wedding.
    Thank you Illinois Beach Resort for helping our wedding turn out just as we wanted!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Hi Laura,
    Sounds like the perfect weekend!
    We are so happy to have been able to have you here during such an exciting time in your life.
    Thank you for your review and congratulations again!

Agnieszka · Married on 08/12/2017

The Best Beach place in Illinois to get married at…..

My husband and I wanted to get married at the beach so destination wedding was an only option until he found the Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center. I did fall in love with the place for my dream wedding since the first minute I saw the location.

Our wedding took place on August 12th, 2017 and it was the best day in our lives.

Even though it is more than 3 months after the wedding, our guests are still complementing the event.

Resort is located in the secluded but easy to find area where you can enjoy the nature all year long.

Wonderful place to relax and enjoy countless outdoor activities. Prodigious place for jogging or strolling either at the park or at the shore, fishing, biking and many, many more.

We are exceptionally satisfied with the service we received. Food was fresh and tasty. All meals are exceptional, starting from the breakfast through appetizers, lunch, dinner including midnight snacks were made exact to the order. Our wedding weekend was enjoyable and we made lots of wonderful memories.

We had block of 20 + rooms reserved for our celebrations and all the rooms were clean an updated. All guest were complementing the location and conveniences as well. Our room had balcony where we could enjoy breathtaking sun rise in the morning.

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Illinois Beach Hotel 38
    Illinois Beach Hotel 39
    Illinois Beach Hotel 40

Agnieszka,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review!
    We are glad you enjoyed the scenery, food, and overall experience!
    Thanks for letting us be involved in your special day!

Lex · Married on 07/22/2017

It was truly amazing working with Kim and the IL Beach Banquet staff! Everyone was such a pleasure to work with! They were very helpful and accommodating! Our guests cannot stop talking about the wonderful service, gorgeous venue, delicious food, and beautiful view! I highly recommend the IL Beach Resort! Thank you again so much for all of your care, help, and love!!!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Lex,
    Thank you for your wonderful review!
    We are glad you enjoyed the views, food, and service!
    We are honored that we got to share such a special day with you! Best wishes.

Karre · Married on 06/09/2017

We can't say enough great things about IBR and Kim Hall. We just got married there last weekend. From the moment we chose IBR, Kim has been so readily available to answer any and all our questions or concerns. She made the entire process totally easy. From our rehearsal dinner, to bonfire on the beach with our bridal party, to our breath taking ceremony, to our wild reception. .. IBR has exceeded our, our family and friends expectations. Not only has the entire weekend been a dream for us but some comments I'm hearing after is, how amazing the food was, the views were surreal, the staff was excellent, rooms were beautiful, and how effortless the entire wedding was. We are so happy, beyond happy. Couldn't thing of literally one negative thing about this venue or staff.
    Thank you so much Kim and IBR you've made our wedding the most perfect, beautiful, smooth, FUN, amazing time of our lives. Our family even wants to have our weekend getaways there now!
    We just can't say enough great things!
    Karre and Mike

Sent on 06/13/2017

Karre and Mike,
    We are so happy to hear about your perfectly beautiful wedding day.
    Come visit us again for your weekend getaways!

Clare · Married on 05/27/2017

We just got married at the resort last week and I am speechless over how perfect it was! Kim Hall and the rest of the staff at IBR were such a pleasure to work with! Kim made planning our wedding such a fun experience from when we got engaged, to our tasting back in February, to our final detailing appointment, to our wedding! She answered every single email with a speedy reply and helped us plan what I consider the best wedding EVER! We had our ceremony on the beach and she had the staff make sure the aisle was wide enough so I could have my dad and my brother walk me down the aisle. Our reception was in the grand vista ballroom and the views were just breathtaking from the afternoon all the way into the late night! The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms are just beautiful. We went with the plated meal option and the food is just DELICIOUS. We had guests coming up to us all night telling us how much they enjoyed the food! (Not to mention, while everyone was in the ballroom for cocktail hour and hors d'ouevres and we were on the beach taking photos, the staff brought wine and snacks down for us!). I will literally recommend this venue to any of our newly engaged friends because you don't need to get married anywhere else!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Clare,
    We are so glad to hear about your perfect wedding day.
    Thank you so much for reviewing us, congratulations again!
  • Maybride

MARY & Marco · Married on 05/20/2017

Kim Hall is so great! She is calm and focused and plans ahead for ways to help! The venue has so many pretty rooms to pick from. They are super flexible with packages at multiple price points.
    The bonfire was a great special touch. It was a perfect quiet spot for any guests who needed a break from the dance floor.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Mary and Marco,
    Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the bonfire and the rest of your special day. Come visit us again some time!

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2017

Illinois Beach Resort was a beautiful and fantastic sport for our recent wedding! Kim Hall who handled our event was a true professional and a pleasure to work with. Everyone we interacted with at the resort was super friendly and helpful. Our wedding was an absolute dream come true! The majority of our vendors were preferred vendors of the resort and they were all spectacular too! The value of the place is worth every penny!!! I will truly cherish the memories me and my new husband have made here.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Jessica,
    Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad you were satisfied with our services. Congratulations again!

Kelsey · Married on 09/10/2016

Where do I start?! Everything from literally the first email that was sent over a year ago all the way through this past week when we got back from our Honeymoon...Kim at IBR has been a complete DREAM. Kim is the wedding coordinator at IBR, she is the main contact person for anything wedding related at the resort. She knows her job and does it very very very well. Kim kept this OCD and uptight bride at ease throughout the whole wedding process, answering A TON of questions. From little details such as candle holders...all the way to big decisions such as meal plans. Kim was on top of every single email that was sent, and always replied with with a through answer and awesome suggestions. Fast forward to "wedding week"...Kim was super available for any last minute questions. Working with us quite a bit on early guest arrivals, helping with guest rooms, and even being there to help with the rehearsal walk-though. The day of the wedding couldn't have been more perfect, the whole staff at IBR was extremely accommodating. Everything was in place and ready to be decorated bright and early at 7:00am (as promised!) Staff was constantly checking in with my family to make sure we had everything we needed...I felt like the most important person in the world to everyone who worked there that day!!! The staff made it a point during wedding photos to bring out beverages and appetizers to the bridal party on the beach which was awesome! Our banquet manager (really the whole staff) during the reception was AMAZING! They were SO accommodating, constantly checking in with me, my husband, and my parents to make sure that everything was going okay and if we needed ANYTHING! We could not have asked for a more amazing venue to have our special day. Top things that we LOVED about IBR..being able to have everything (rehearsal, ceremony, reception, and lodging for guests) ALL IN ONE PLACE! OVERALL, our experience with IBR as our venue was phenomenal.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Kelsey, and taking the time to write such a thorough review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and hosting your family and friends. Please come back to visit us!

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2016

I was looking for a "Destination" wedding without having to travel outside of the States. (And pretty much everyone we know lives in Illinois) This Was everything I was looking for. Ceremony site on the beach, Picture perfect scenery, and a Venue with spectacular views of the lake. Bonus my guest could stay at the Hotel. I loved the idea of having everything on site. Even though i got married a little over a month ago. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful the Illinois Beach Resort was. And Honestly I cant wait to go back for our 1 year anniversary.
    I would recommend this place to Anyone and Everyone. Especially if your looking for a beach Ceremony and want everything on site. Definitely go check this place out! Ask for Kim! She was great during my planning. Responded quick and just super patient and helpful.
    But seriously go check this place out for yourselves. You'll Fall in love. I guarantee it!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

Jennifer, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you and your guests had an amazing time. We hope to see you for your anniversary! Best wishes!

Jim · Married on 08/20/2016

We loved this venue! The place is beautiful and the staff was amazing. One of the biggest reasons we chose IL State Beach was Kim. She was so relaxed to work with and made us feel very comfortable and stress free. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Getting married on the beach was so beautiful. We received so many compliments form our guests on the venue. I hope to attend more weddings there as we can't wait to go back!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your review, Jim! We had a blast hosting your family and friends and we're so happy your guests had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again!

Rebecca · Married on 08/19/2016

We were married at Illinois Beach Resort in August of 2016 and I honestly wouldn't change a thing about our reception! Kim is the best coordinator you will ever work with! She helps you through the whole process, reminds you when she needs certain decisions, and always responds quickly to emails. The reception food was delicious and the view was spectacular. Our guests loved overlooking the lake and being able to step outside for a beach stroll. Overall, the service was incredible and the staff made our wedding reception a magical experience! When we had our wedding, only some of the rooms were remodeled and the rest were half way done. Kim told us before booking that they might not be finished by our wedding date so it wasn't a surprise to us. She really is the best and most honest coordinator! We had our ceremony offsite but we did take many of our pictures at the resort. The resort offers many different backdrops for your wedding photos such as the beach, gazebo, forest, and grassland area, all within walking distance. We also had a bonfire the following night for our families. The hotel staff was very helpful setting up the fire and chairs along the beach. We highly recommend Illinois Beach Resort for your wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
    We are glad you enjoyed and hope to see you back some day.

Stacey · Married on 08/06/2016

I would absolutely recommend booking with them, we planned our wedding a year and a half advance with them and I was very happy with everything! I constantly contacted Kim Hall regarding questions or requests for our wedding and she was ALWAYS extremely responsive and always happy to assist with anything I ever asked for. Everything turned out beautiful and I received so many compliments on our wedding and I was surprised by how many people had never been there before and now because of our wedding discovered a beautiful place to frequent.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

Stacey, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so glad that you were happy with our services. It was great working with you! Please come back to visit!

Samantha · Married on 07/17/2016

I grew up going to Illinois Beach State Park every summer and I thought getting married there would be beautiful. I always loved the big reception area with the floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Lake MI. IBR was the first and last venue we looked at for our ceremony and reception. The price was right and I loved that they handled virtually everything for me. The food was great, I especially loved the spanakopita appetizer. There were several really great add-ons to choose from and the accommodations were perfect for all of our guests. Kim, the wedding manager was really great. She emailed back asap when we had questions and gave us great suggestions, since neither of us had a clue when it came to wedding planning. When the big day came, it was absolutely perfect! Our family had the best time and some guests enjoyed walking along the beach long after the party was over. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day and the chocolate covered strawberries in our bridal suite when we got back to our room at the end of the night was the cherry on top :)

Sent on 09/22/2016

Illinois Beach Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your review, Samantha! We're so glad you had a perfect wedding day! Thank you for choosing the Illinois Beach Resort for your wedding day. We hope to see you again!