31 Reviews for idosantabarbara

Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Presbyterian (1)
Agnostic (1)
31 idosantabarbara Reviews

We hadn’t even thought about an officiant until our wedding coordinator set up an appointment, nor did we know what we wanted or what we were looking for - and then we struck gold!

Barbara was personalized and intimate, with the perfect touch of humor, candor, and advice!
She was interested in us, our story, what we loved about one another, and wanted to customize a ceremony that would reflect that.

Weddings in general are unquestionably a very personal endeavor, however, this is even more the case when it comes to ceremony itself. After meeting with Barbara a couple times to share stories, get her advice on everything from ceremony to vendors, and learning what to expect, we felt incredibly comfortable with her. This was in no doubt an advantage of her personality overall, and skillset as a marriage counselor and therapist as well.

When it came to the ceremony itself, we simply let her guide us along. We were able to lose ourselves in the experience and simply enjoy the moment. Of course we loved the ceremony, but afterwards we were floored by how many people came up and applauded the officiant too - even days later people were raving about Barbara!

When it comes to those special moments in a wedding that you’ll reflect on later in life, and that your attendees will too, you’ll want the right officiant to help create that. For that, you’ll want Barbara Mousouris!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

I really wish I could give 10+ stars to Barbra.. My husband and I are forever grateful to Barbra and her amazing ceremony!! Not only was Barbra the most wonderful officiant we could have ever asked for, but she is the most incredible person!! She spent time with us and got to know us so that she could make our ceremony incredibly personal and absolutely perfect!! Her words were so heartfelt, personal and special that it brought tears to almost everyone attending. I still have people coming up to me to tell me how wonderful she was and that they have never been to a ceremony so perfect! She tied in special things that my husband and I thought of each other and also spoke about our heritage and made our ceremony so incredibly unique. She was able to have everyones hearts filled with love and crying and laughing all in the same ceremony!! Barbra put her heart into officiating our wedding and that meant the world to me!

Planning a wedding is not easy, but Barbra was there for us throughout the entire process and guided us along with her tips that were oh so helpful!! She was so wonderful at our rehearsal (and we had a very excited group ;-)) and connected so perfectly with our family and friends that we felt like we had known her forever!! She has this unique gift and talent to warm hearts and spread love! We cannot recommend Barbra enough!!! She is exactly the person you want marrying you and so SO much more!! I promise you, choosing Barbra will be the best wedding decision you make, because she sure was ours!!!

Barbra - WE LOVE YOU!!! And cannot wait to share many years of friendship and memories!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for EVERYTHING!!!

Xo
Brian and Christina

Profile Picture Christina, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We couldn’t have asked for a better ceremony than the one Barbra wrote and performed for us. She captured our relationship perfectly in the succinct manner we were hoping for. Her personal touches and obvious thought she put into her work was truly appreciated. We would recommend Barbra for any couple hoping to find an officiant who can make their unforgettable day a perfect one. Our guests and our photographer had nothing but the highest praise for Barbra, and neither do we! We rate Barbra an 11 out of 10!

Profile Picture Jena, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

Barbra is an absolutely lovely, joyful person and we are so happy to have had her officiate our wedding. She took time to get to know us, meeting at her home on a weekend afternoon with our son. The wedding was ultra casual, with just immediate family, on the beach, barefoot in the sand. Barbra infused so much beauty and warmth into the poems and vows, she really captured our gratitude and joy in each other. Everyone just thought it was perfect. We are so grateful to have found Barbra!

Profile Picture Maggie, 7/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband (Max) and I were just married on April 7, 2017 in California. Planning for the Big Day was a little tricky since we currently live in Iowa, so almost all of our vendors were people that we found online after extensive research. We were fortunate enough to find Barbra after quickly vetoing various officiants that we found on different websites; we’re very picky! I emailed Barbra to get a little more information from her and she immediately responded to us. After a few messages back and forth, we set up a Skype meeting where Barbra got to know my husband and me. It was an immediate sense of relief getting to know Barbra. She took the time to learn about Max and myself; from the day we met to our families to the wedding planning process. Not only did she learn about us, she also allowed us to learn about her. The mutual relationship that formed was such a comforting feeling to have with regards to one of the most important aspects of a wedding ceremony. Through the course of the next few months we were finally able to meet with Barbra in person during a visit to CA. Once we had a face-to-face with her, we officially knew that we had made the right decision. Barbra’s process in writing the ceremony was something that we felt very supported in. She took two different religions (and quite a bit of uncertainty about what we really wanted to be said during our vows; plus, last minute changes…oops!) and made it into a beautiful speech about us. She incorporated inside jokes and humor, sentimental moments and memories, and optimism and best wishes for the future. Our audience was also interested and involved; we received so many compliments afterwards about how lovely the ceremony was. Overall, it felt as though a long-time friend was our officiant and made our day so amazing. Thank you so much, Barbra! Your kindness, thoughtfulness, insight, and confidence made our day so special.

Love,
Kimberly & Max

Profile Picture Kimberly, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious

Barbra did a absolutely fabulous job at our destination wedding in New Orleans. She was personal, professional, and invested in her heart in making our ceremony as sacred and beautiful as we hoped. We have gotten countless comments saying, "That was by far the most romantic wedding I have ever seen in my life!" Barbra brought many of her own repertoire of ideas to the table and was always willing to tweak anything as I thought of more ways to make our ceremony special. She made people laugh, cry, and enter into the presence of what a ceremony is all about - two people committing their lives to each other. We did everything from hand washing ceremonies to sacred stones and candle lighting with special music and personal vows - and Barbra was the best cheerleader to have by your side on your big day. She knows how to energetically hold a space for people to unite their lives, and that is a tall task. She met with us several times beforehand to really understand our love story and to make sure it was represented in the clearest vision possible on our wedding day.

We had met Barbra from a few different communities in town, but had we not, we still would have selected her and can't recommend her enough. She will go out of her way to make your ceremony spectacular, and she will be the first on the dance floor to help get your reception started. Plus, she looks fabulous in a little black dress, so you can be assured your wedding photos will look spectacular. Don't look any further than I Do Santa Barbara and Barbra. It's the best choice you can make.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If we could give Barbra more stars we would!! When planning our wedding Matt and I knew we wanted to keep things small and intimate. When I found out Barbra helped to teach Matt in the second grade, I knew she would be a perfect fit!! From the moment I met her, she made me feel comfortable, she even convinced Matt to write his own vows. From start, to finish, our wedding was perfect. The ceremony was beautifully written and personalized just for us. Matt and I feel extremely lucky to have had the best officiate our wedding! We love you Barbra!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Counseling, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

My wife (Tanya) and I had selected a friend of our to officiate our wedding at Firestone Vineyards in Los Olivos. To make a long story short; our officiant had a last minute scheduling conflict (about 2 months before the wedding) and we had to quickly find a replacement. Our biggest challenge was getting comfortable with someone who would officiate our wedding in just 2 months. To add to that, we live 5 hours away from our wedding venue so we would also need to find this level of comfortability exclusively from a phone call. My wife and I compiled a list of about 3-4 people who we would interview via phone and hopefully click with one of the prospective officiants. Barbara was the 4th and last person on our list. I cannot express enough how thankful I am that we decided to call. Not only did Barbara take the time to listen to what we wanted from our ceremony, but she delivered beyond our expectations! Tanya and I really wanted our wedding to focus on our relationship, our story, and why we had chosen to spend the rest of our lives together. Barbara truly took that to heart and crafted a ceremony that matched what we hoped for. After our initial conversation, Barbara sent Tanya and I a brief open needed questionnaire to get to know us as both individuals, and as a couple. The answers we gave were clearly reflected in the ceremony and it truly made us feel like she took our answers to heart and incorporated them into the ceremony. If you are looking for an officiant who will truly listen to how you envision your wedding, will make it as personal as possible, and will make the day all about you and your spouse, I would highly recommend Barbara. Barbara was so excellent and personal that family and friends assumed that Barbara was a longtime family friend. Numerous people were in shock when we told them we had met over the phone just 2 months before the ceremony.

Profile Picture Zack , 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbra was so great! We got so many compliments on how lovely the ceremony was. We also opted for the Pre-Marital Counseling sessions she provides beforehand, which I would highly recommend and made us feel that much closer to her by the time of the ceremony.
Thank you Barbra for being so supportive and thoughtful!

Profile Picture Diane, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Presbyterian, Customized Vows, Counseling, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony

Barbra was an absolute joy to work with. From our very first meeting, it was clear that Barbra was intent on getting to know my husband & me on a very personal level in order to make our ceremony as authentically "us" as possible. She created a beautiful, emotional and moving ceremony that suited our family just perfectly. We wanted my husband's two children to serve an integral role in the ceremony, as it was extremely important the day signified all of us becoming a family. Barbra worked with us to find the perfect reading for the children to recite and helped incorporate the children into a "family tree" ceremony. Her pre-wedding questionnaire was extremely thought-provoking and helped us both write our own personal vows to each other. She helped us keep our non-religious ceremony short and sweet, but full of rich words, love and strong, spiritual content. Barbra took all the stress and worry out of planning our ceremony and helped us to channel our focus in the right places. We would give her an extremely solid recommendation to anyone looking in the Santa Barbara area. She is a joy to work with.

Profile Picture User6867765, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

Barbra recently officiated our wedding and was wonderful. She was clear and concise, worked seamlessly with the photographers, and received many compliments from our guests.

Initially we had a skype session with her and really liked her easy demeanor and professionalism. We were asked to email her a bit about ourselves individually, which she ultimately worked into the sermon, giving it a very personal touch.

We gave her a very broad vision of what we wanted the ceremony to encompass (we are not religious) and when the day came, it was spot on. She offered to let us read it before, but mentioned that it was sometimes fun and more spontaneous to let it be a surprise. We would recommend letting her surprise you.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/23/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Barbra was absolutely amazing as an officiant for our wedding. We met with her several times before the big day, and she was always available to calm nerves with all the anxiety and craziness leading up to the big day. She was wonderful with providing advice for writing vows and arranging the ceremony exactly how we envisioned it to be.

As for the ceremony, it was perfect. Countless wedding guests commented after the ceremony that Barbra's service was incredibly personal. It was as if she knew my partner and I our whole lives. The ceremony was extremely individualized and personal, all of our wedding guests were moved by her words.

My husband and I cannot recommend Barbra highly enough! She is absolutely amazing and professional!!

Profile Picture User5614850, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Barbra was an incredible officiant for our wedding. We could not have asked for a better ceremony -- it felt incredibly personal, intimate, and very special. Our guests raved about Barbra for weeks. We feel very blessed that she was there for us on our big day.

Profile Picture Michael, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows

Barbra was absolutely amazing! We came across her merely by chance through a last minute reference and are we glad that we did! It's been over a year since she married my husband and I, and our friends and family are still talking about the ceremony. They say it is hands down, the best wedding ceremony they have ever been a part of! We definitely recommend Barbara as a wedding officiant!

Profile Picture Carissa, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Agnostic

Words fail me for the dream we shared under the canopy of eucalyptus as we stepped into our future with Barbara at the helm. You have to appreciate our capricious nature and disregard for planning. Barbara was delightful and supportive in feeding our whimsical approach to ceremony. Everything was beautiful on that day and Barbara was a key component to the memory. In a ceremony as intimate as ours, the officiant plays a more significant role and she was up to the task. LOVE HER.

Profile Picture Lee, 1/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Choosing who is going to marry you is extremely stressful! My family is Jewish and my husband is Greek Orthodox so after much debate, we made the decision not to get married in either religious venue. This started our quest to figure out who was going to marry us. I wanted a friend of ours to perform the ceremony while my husband wanted a professional minister. My mom suggested that we contact our family friend Barbra who specializes in interfaith marriages. After our first meeting with Barbra, it was clear that she was the perfect person to marry us. Over the course of nine months, she worked with us to craft the perfect ceremony that incorporated Jewish traditions such as smashing the glass and Greek traditions such as the Stefana Crown Ceremony. Barbra combined traditional vows with fun personal stories about our lives. We also wrote our own vows (which I highly recommend) and combined with Barbra's words, it truly felt like the perfect blending of our lives. So many people came up to us afterwards to say how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how it truly felt like us. My top priority throughout the wedding planning process was to create a weekend that truly felt like my husband and me-I wanted everyone to come to Santa Barbara for a wonderful and fun event that truly incorporated all of our favorite things and Barbra did just that. She is patient, kind, insightful and truly guided us through the process. I am so thrilled by the ceremony and am so grateful to Barbra for creating such a fantastic memory for us and our guests. I wish we could do it all over again!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/16/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbra delivered the most beautiful wedding ceremony. She created such a thoughtful, sweet, humorous, and joyous atmosphere. She made me feel comfortable throughout the ceremony. Her kindness and graciousness are touching.

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbra was fabulous!!! She made it personal and had a great sense of humor. We loved her and so did our guests. Thank u!!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

It's my pleasure to review Barbra Mousouris. She was our officiant at our wedding last year and she was nothing short of incredible. She spent time getting to know Jonathan and I as individuals as well as a couple which resulted in a ceremony that was filled with intimacy, romance, laughter and tears. You could feel the deep emotion Jonathan and I have for each other from the words Barbra articulated. We hired an officiant but walked away with a family friend and when we renew our vows in 25 years, we will call Barbra!

Profile Picture Tina, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were so lucky to find Barbra to officiate our wedding. It must have been meant to be, because we called her in April (our wedding was in July) and she was booked throughout most of the summer but had our date available. When we met her, I knew we had a perfect match. She is so warm and made us feel at ease. She did an amazing job at our ceremony and we had several guests comment on how much they liked her. I would definitely recommend Barbra!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/9/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

In all honesty, we are brought to tears when we think of how wonderful Barbra is. Barbra is, by far, the most loving officiant we met. She took the time to get to know us both personally and as a couple, and wrote the most touching, intimate, beautiful ceremony for our wedding. In a time when things were stressful and very busy, Barbra was calm, caring and very much helpful. We cannot imagine having had anyone else perform our ceremony and become part of our lives. We are in touch even now, and she truly is a part of our family now.

Profile Picture Nicholle, 1/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Barbra was amazing. There simply are not enough words to express how the perfection of our day was eased along by having her officiate. She was always happy to make suggestions and available at any time I needed her. This was so important, having her helped keep me grounded. And she put together the most romantic, and personalized ceremony - friends and family continue to tell us that it was the best ceremony they've been a part of. We shined through every word - Barbra is the best!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We eloped and Barbara did an amazing job with no time for planning, I highly recommend her services

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I can't praise Barbra enough for her dedication and commitment to our wedding day. She took so much time to get to know us and it was very apparent during our ceremony. Barbra made our guests laugh and she made them cry, the two emotions we were hoping for. We've had so many compliments on our ceremony and it was all because of Barbra and her passion for bringing people together through marriage. Thank you, Barbra, for contributing to our special day!

~paige and raymond