50 Reviews for Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape

MC (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
Photobooth (1)
Uplighting (1)

James was one of our vendors who was easiest to work with. He was extremely responsive throughout the planning process, knowledgeable, and willing to go with the flow on the day of. We really appreciated that James was able to handle both lighting and music for multiple events at our wedding. He was able to keep a diverse crowd at a Catholic-Hindu wedding dancing for the whole night, respected our playlist requests, and had very helpful suggestions during the planning process. During the wedding reception itself, he was very communicative and gives you as much or as little control as you want. We would definitely recommend his services.

Profile Picture CG, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

We found Ideal Media online, and could not have been happier with James and his services!! Our wedding reception looked so pretty with all the uplights, and James did the set-up and breakdown with no issues. He was very responsive to all emails, and we spoke on the phone several times prior to the wedding. He worked with us each step of the way, and was very open to changes. Thank you, James!!

Profile Picture Rachael, 11/12/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

Thank you Ideal Media (James) for your wonderful service you provided on October 15, 2017 wedding. The drapery and up-lighting was absolutely exquisite. In addition James is professional, dedicated and really just a wonderful person to work with. His prices are competitive and he goes the extra mile to ensure you are pleased.
To sum in one word.....AMAZING. As a Wedding Planner/Coordinator I will always work with James for my future events. Please be sure to inquire about the other services he provides. I promise you will not be disappointed. I look forward to working with James again in the near future.

Profile Picture V, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Best DJ Ever!!!
He made our very special day awesome

Profile Picture Paul & Mecca, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

I will definitely recommend him!
It Was a pleasure working with him !!
Best of luck!!

Profile Picture Dede, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot put into words how grateful my daughter was with the service. Thank you sooooo much for your attention to detail and we will definitely be using your services in the near future and referring you to our family and friends.

Profile Picture Quantondra, 8/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

He was very good as a sound equipment was excellent he played the music we wanted and he was very patient

Profile Picture Michael, 8/14/17, 1 Review

James was so friendly and his sound was awesome..was willing to play anything we wanted..on time..great prices..will use again

Profile Picture Jimmy, 8/13/17, 1 Review

James did ceiling lights and DJ service at our wedding. The lights came out very beautiful, just what I expected! James was also a wonderful DJ. He transitioned our programs smoothly and played a good mix that kept everyone on the dance floor. His rates were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Profile Picture sarah, 7/16/17, 1 Review

James was fantastic to work with and very competitively priced. We were looking for a pipe/drape/light curtain backdrop for our head table and a few uplights around the reception and he was able to provide both, as well as pick them up after the reception ended, for a very reasonable fee. He met with us beforehand to make sure he understood our vision and he also purchased warm white string lights specifically for us to match the tone of the rest of our lighting, even though he already had cool white lights available. We would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Between the dj and he uplighting we were totally blown away, everything was perfect!

Profile Picture sofia, 1/7/17, 10 Reviews

My husband and I knew after our first meeting with James that he was the DJ for us. My husband can be a handful and James was able to roll with us and speak to both our needs. From there he was communicative throughout the process responding within 24/48 hours. We used both lighting and she services and both were ideal! The upkighting for our wedding really wowed us and our guests. James also kept our dance floor packed from start to finish.

Profile Picture TiffAny, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

If you are looking for beautiful lighting, a responsive and patient vendor, and no fuss--look no further! James was absolutely amazing to work with. We knew we wanted some uplighting for the ceremony/reception and he recommended the number of lights we needed. He also happily worked with us to adjust that number to meet our budget. He was one of our easiest vendors to work with and everything turned out beautifully. We honestly could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you James and Ideal Media for helping to make our wedding day perfect!!

Profile Picture Molly, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

James did a fantastic job DJing at our wedding. He expertly read the croud's vibe and played exactly the right music to get and keep people on the dance floor. He played all of our requests and chose a good variety of music throughout the night. As a same sex couple, James treated us just like anyone else, and was very polite and respectful. We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Ideal Media DJHD for lighting during our wedding in August. The lighting really made the room pop and gave it a great elegant atmosphere. Although we had a small space and 20 up-lights were enough, the lights we had were so pretty, I wish we got more to spot/monogram the dance floor. Ideal Media DJHD was very responsive and easy to work with! They were prompt on arriving for setup and although our reception ran over, we were not charged anything extra or pressured to finish up so they could pick-up the lights. Of all the lighting companies I contacted, Ideal Media DJHD was the ONLY company that was willing to negotiate with us on pricing based on our wedding budget, especially since our wedding was on a Friday. Their pricing and overall service was great and I would absolutely use them or refer them for any party/wedding decor.

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/14/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

James at Ideal Media DJHD is second to none. I have been to a lot of weddings where the dance floor goes unused by the guest, the flow of the wedding is not smooth and feels mechanical or guests can simply not understand what the DJ is saying due to bad sound quality. I was worried about all of these things when picking a DJ. James really does know how to keep your guest having a great time on the dance floor, he can read a crowd and plays a great mix of music (romantic, trendy, 80's, international he has it ALL) to keep guest happy and the party going. He is a wonderful master of ceremony as he effortlessly directs the guest to different events. While we had a time line of all the nights events he did not make the party feel rushed and we were able to smoothly go from dinner to dancing to cake cutting ect. with out any awkwardness. We also used James for our lighting and drapes and we could not be happier with how every thing looked. James was very patient through out the whole planning process. He is quick to answer any questions through email and find solutions for problems that arise. Although we used the same ball room for the wedding ceremony and for the reception he was able to make the atmosphere and ambiance of the ball room feel completely different for the two events. The ceremony felt romantic and cozy, while the reception was beautiful, open and fun. The draping and uplights were masterfully done and we has so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked (even by hotel event staff!). We also has him do a gobo light with our names on that shined on the dance floor to add an extra special touch. James is a true professional and knows his weddings, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone I know that is looking to make their wedding venue look stunning and for the music/dancing to be a blast.

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

James was wonderful! He added drapery and uplighting, and people kept commenting on how gorgeous everything was. He was an awesome DJ! He knew just what to do to get guests up and dancing. Also, his prices are great. I'd recommend him to anyone; he really made our day special!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

James is a great guy, down to earth and easy going. He always responds to our e-mails in a reasonable time and he is very accommodating, willing to work within our budget and offer ways to save. One example, we decided a month before the wedding if we could add uplighting in addition to our DJ service with him. He was about to guide us through our decision and came up with photos and videos of what it might look like. We decided to go for the uplighting and it was impressive!

James is also very caring and passionate about his work. Before the wedding, he called us a couple days ahead of time to ask us how to pronounce members of the bridal party’s names correctly which was a challenge since our bridal party consisted of very ethnic names. During our wedding day, he followed our scripts and music requests without any problems. He also engaged in the dancing himself during the playing of ‘Cupid Shuffle’ to get the crowd going. As for the uplighting, he went above and beyond what was originally requested and we were very happy with the results. Thank you James for DJing on our special day!

Profile Picture User3980499, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I used James a couple weekends ago for my wedding at a vineyard. People are still reaching out to me about how great the music was at the reception. He was really professional throughout the entire process - I booked him really early in advance, and was bothering him with inquiries for a while and he always answered promptly. He was clear about what exactly he needed from me, and he came through on every single thing we asked of him. His rates are very affordable, and I honestly could not be happier with how the music turned out. Thanks for everything James!! :-)

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

James DJHD did a wonderful job at our wedding ceremony and reception!!!

Prior to the wedding, he conducted a site visit with no additional charge in preparation of the actual wedding day.

He provided a quality DJ service, MC service, and lighting for our event. We were more than pleased with his delivery. His professionalism made him easy to work with and I would definitely refer him to other friends and family.

Adrienne & Ryan Swann

Profile Picture Adrienne, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

My husband and I contacted James the day before our wedding reception (April 19, 2014) after our "booked" singer flaked on us. Thankfully James was available on SHORT NOTICE! On the day of the reception, James was on time, friendly, flexible and an absolute professional!!! The event was enjoyed by all of our guests and literally everyone danced the entire night. Afterward all of our guests commented on our "Awesome" DJ!!

Profile Picture User3569596, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

WOW! I really lucked out with finding James of Ideal Media DJHD! What a passionate, driven individual! I originally found him through the web when I searched for DJs that were familiar with Kpop which was an important part of our music selections. From our discussions, I knew he was the right DJ for our event. He also stated he did lighting and decor which I decided to utilize. I even agreed to be his guinea pig for pipe and draping. All of his prices were completely reasonable and competitive and also did not include extra fees such as delivery. I felt like I was talking to someone who really cared about my wedding as oppose to some company trying to nickle and dime me. It was also SO convenient to plan with him about all three services (DJ, lighting, and pipe and drape) instead of going through three different vendors. Also, because I booked all of these services through him, he gave me a small discount on the final price which I deeply appreciated. I couldn't be happier with his services. The lighting, pipe and drape looked absolutely amazing (you should see the pictures, ask him!) and it was so fulfilling to see my visions come to life, especially since I plan on going into the wedding planning industry. His DJ skills also blew me away. He mixed songs into the next song seamlessly and is also a MASTER at reading the crows. He would loop songs and choruses that everyone was dancing to. At my wedding, people were doing the dougie for a really long time and he just let it play/loop until everyone had their chance to shine in the circle that was formed on the dance floor. He knew when to slow it down and speed it back up and was very familiar with all of the songs I had on my list. AMAZING! I will always seek him out when my friends/clients are planning their weddings. Make sure you ask him if he does anything before you have to find another vendor and save yourself the hassle. I look forward to working with him again in the future!

Profile Picture User3390619, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

James was responsive and easy to work with. He provided a useful worksheet that helped step us through the songs we needed to think about and choose for our reception. He took requests and played music that everyone enjoyed.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/8/13, 2 Reviews