Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating, 59 Reviews
View more information

Tiffany J. Married on 08/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The experience with the vendor was great.

My husband and I dealt with James and he was very responsive as far as responding back to emails and going over my music selection was a breeze.

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback. It was my pleasure to be a part of your wedding and I hope that everyone had a great time! Much prosperity and success to you and your new husband!
    Lakeisha H. Married on 08/12/2022

My 50th Birthday Celebration

James was professional and accommodating. My event was fantastic. He provided multiple services for my celebration...piping and draping, lighting, 360 photo booth and he was also the DJ for the evening! Everything was top notch and my guests had a wonderful time. I recommend Ideal Media to anyone having an event. You will be pleased!!!

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Hi Lakeisha. Thanks you so much for your words and I appreciate you choosing to work with us! I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed all of our services. We also had a great time at your event and are always grateful to be a part of someone's most special moments. Once again, thank you soooo much!
    Margaret A. Married on 07/23/2022

Great experience!

Thank you James for a wonderful evening celebrating a birthday party. The party was vibrant and energetic!

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Hi Margaret. Thanks you so much for the review and I appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you and your guest enjoyed my DJ service and lights. I hope to work with you all again in the future!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Cody
    Cody M. Married on 05/30/2020

Amazing, Couldn’t be better

James was amazing. He helped make our wedding perfect. There was a torrential downpour right before our outside ceremony and his outside gear got wet but he still managed to be ready on time and hit all his cues. He was polite and professional and so easy to work with. The reception was amazing even with my wife and I making a couple last minute changes James accommodated everything we needed and more. He kept the party going and had people dancing the entire event. He really made our wedding experience so much better and I would highly recommended them to any person looking for a top notch DJ who will go above and beyond.
  • F
    Fay Married on 06/15/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

What an awesome collaboration!

I plan weddings and events and need trusted, reliable vendors to call on for specific needs. I have called on James of Ideal Media twice. In both cases James was always calm, positive, and professional and addressed my every concern, modification, adjustment, etc. He is such a joy to work with and always makes sure that I am pleased. He is now my go to for everything he supplies.
    Chris Married on 09/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My now-wife and I were struggling to find a last minute Pipe & Drape vendor two-weeks leading up to our wedding after our initial vendor bailed on us. James (owner of IMDJLD) was extremely helpful in two ways:

He accommodated a request to move our Pipe & Drape from our ceremony room to our reception room at minimal cost. Other vendors we received quotes from tacked on exorbitant extra fees for the request but James was more than happy to work within our budget and required logistics.

While we only used their Pipe & Drape services...from receiving quotes, follow ups, to confirmation and timely setup and breakdown, we could not recommend James or Ideal Media more!
    Allyson Married on 05/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had an awesome experience with Ideal Media. He was responsive, professional, and a great DJ! Our guests continue to tell us how great the music was. He played all of our ceremony music perfectly and created a great ambiance for our cocktail hour and dinner with music. All in all a great experience!
    Cg Married on 05/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    James was one of our vendors who was easiest to work with. He was extremely responsive throughout the planning process, knowledgeable, and willing to go with the flow on the day of. We really appreciated that James was able to handle both lighting and music for multiple events at our wedding. He was able to keep a diverse crowd at a Catholic-Hindu wedding dancing for the whole night, respected our playlist requests, and had very helpful suggestions during the planning process. During the wedding reception itself, he was very communicative and gives you as much or as little control as you want. We would definitely recommend his services.
    Rachael Married on 11/12/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We found Ideal Media online, and could not have been happier with James and his services!! Our wedding reception looked so pretty with all the uplights, and James did the set-up and breakdown with no issues. He was very responsive to all emails, and we spoke on the phone several times prior to the wedding. He worked with us each step of the way, and was very open to changes. Thank you, James!!
    Chad Married on 10/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    DJ James was very professional. We received quick responses via text and/or email. He is a very nice guy. He made time to come out before the wedding to walkthrough our venue with us and the wedding coordinator. Not to mention he is an awesome Dj! The dance floor was popping all night long. In the weeks after the wedding, a lot of our guests praised his skills. Thanks again James! We will continue to suggest your services to anyone that asks.
    V Married on 10/15/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Thank you Ideal Media (James) for your wonderful service you provided on October 15, 2017 wedding. The drapery and up-lighting was absolutely exquisite. In addition James is professional, dedicated and really just a wonderful person to work with. His prices are competitive and he goes the extra mile to ensure you are pleased.
    To sum in one word.....AMAZING. As a Wedding Planner/Coordinator I will always work with James for my future events. Please be sure to inquire about the other services he provides. I promise you will not be disappointed. I look forward to working with James again in the near future.

Paul M. Married on 09/09/2017
    Best DJ Ever!!!
    He made our very special day awesome

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you Paul & Mecca! I had a great time and it was cool seeing everyone enjoying themselves the way did. The surprise dance was definitely a hit and all of the guests were wowed. Best wishes to you and Mecca in your marriage!
    Dede Married on 09/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I will definitely recommend him!
    It Was a pleasure working with him !!
    Best of luck!!

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thanks Dede! I'm glad that you enjoyed everything and chose to work with me for your event. Best wishes to you and the family!
  • Q
    Quantondra Married on 08/31/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot put into words how grateful my daughter was with the service. Thank you sooooo much for your attention to detail and we will definitely be using your services in the near future and referring you to our family and friends.

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you for having me as the DJ for your daughter's wedding! You had a great crowd and and the entire wedding was fun. It's always a pleasure being a part of someone's greatest day and I'm glad you chose to work with me! Keep in touch and best wishes in your future!
    Michael Married on 08/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    He was very good as a sound equipment was excellent he played the music we wanted and he was very patient

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you Michael! I had an awesome time with you and your guests. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the services and I appreciate the feedback.
    Jimmy Married on 08/13/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    James was so friendly and his sound was awesome..was willing to play anything we wanted..on time..great prices..will use again

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you Jimmy! It was a pleasure working with you and I had a great time with you and your guests. I hope that everyone was thoroughly pleased with my services!
    Sarah Married on 07/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    James did ceiling lights and DJ service at our wedding. The lights came out very beautiful, just what I expected! James was also a wonderful DJ. He transitioned our programs smoothly and played a good mix that kept everyone on the dance floor. His rates were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah for your review! I had an excellent time with you, your husband, family, and friends. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed themselves and to be a part of someones most special day is an honor. Best wishes to you and your husband in your marriage and I'm happy to have served as your DJ and Lighting Tech! You had an awesome crowd!
    S Event on: 07/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    He was so easy to work with and followed the special instructions I requested to perfection. He provided an awesome vendor experience and great music!
    Brittany Married on 07/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    James was fantastic to work with and very competitively priced. We were looking for a pipe/drape/light curtain backdrop for our head table and a few uplights around the reception and he was able to provide both, as well as pick them up after the reception ended, for a very reasonable fee. He met with us beforehand to make sure he understood our vision and he also purchased warm white string lights specifically for us to match the tone of the rest of our lighting, even though he already had cool white lights available. We would highly recommend him!

Hi Brittany,

Thanks so much for your review and it was a pleasure working with you! I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed everything and best wishes on your marriage. Your reception was amazing and we're glad to be apart of such memorable and special events!
    Sofia Married on 01/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Between the dj and he uplighting we were totally blown away, everything was perfect!

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Sofia! I had a great time with you, your husband, family, and friends. It's a great feeling knowing that I can play such an important part in someones most special day. Best wishes to you and your husband on your new marriage!
    Tiffany Married on 09/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I knew after our first meeting with James that he was the DJ for us. My husband can be a handful and James was able to roll with us and speak to both our needs. From there he was communicative throughout the process responding within 24/48 hours. We used both lighting and she services and both were ideal! The upkighting for our wedding really wowed us and our guests. James also kept our dance floor packed from start to finish.

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thanks Tiffany for the review! I had an awesome time with you and your guests as well. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the music and the lighting. Best wishes to you and your new family. Congratulations once again!
    Liz K. Married on 09/21/2016

Amazing DJ

James was wonderful to work with. He kept the party going and went above and beyond with the lighting. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish!
    Molly Married on 08/06/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If you are looking for beautiful lighting, a responsive and patient vendor, and no fuss--look no further! James was absolutely amazing to work with. We knew we wanted some uplighting for the ceremony/reception and he recommended the number of lights we needed. He also happily worked with us to adjust that number to meet our budget. He was one of our easiest vendors to work with and everything turned out beautifully. We honestly could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you James and Ideal Media for helping to make our wedding day perfect!!
    Celia Event on: 03/20/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    James with Ideal Media provided top notch service to me for my husband's 40th Birthday Party. I was extremely pleased with the DJ services we received. James was really easy to work with and flexible to my desires. He went above the required and even provided some A/V assistance to me with setting up the slide show that I wanted displayed. I 100% recommend Ideal Media for your DJ needs.

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thanks Celia! It was great working with you and it's awesome to be apart of so many important occasions. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything and A/V is 2nd nature to me so it wasn't a problem at all. Thanks again I look forward to working with you again in the future!
    Lauren Married on 10/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    James did a fantastic job DJing at our wedding. He expertly read the croud's vibe and played exactly the right music to get and keep people on the dance floor. He played all of our requests and chose a good variety of music throughout the night. As a same sex couple, James treated us just like anyone else, and was very polite and respectful. We would highly recommend him to anyone!
illustration stars