Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape Reviews

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape 1
Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape 2
Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape 3

Chris · Married on 09/02/2018

My now-wife and I were struggling to find a last minute Pipe & Drape vendor two-weeks leading up to our wedding after our initial vendor bailed on us. James (owner of IMDJLD) was extremely helpful in two ways:

He accommodated a request to move our Pipe & Drape from our ceremony room to our reception room at minimal cost. Other vendors we received quotes from tacked on exorbitant extra fees for the request but James was more than happy to work within our budget and required logistics.

While we only used their Pipe & Drape services...from receiving quotes, follow ups, to confirmation and timely setup and breakdown, we could not recommend James or Ideal Media more!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Allyson · Married on 05/12/2018

We had an awesome experience with Ideal Media. He was responsive, professional, and a great DJ! Our guests continue to tell us how great the music was. He played all of our ceremony music perfectly and created a great ambiance for our cocktail hour and dinner with music. All in all a great experience!

Sent on 05/16/2018

CG · Married on 05/05/2018

James was one of our vendors who was easiest to work with. He was extremely responsive throughout the planning process, knowledgeable, and willing to go with the flow on the day of. We really appreciated that James was able to handle both lighting and music for multiple events at our wedding. He was able to keep a diverse crowd at a Catholic-Hindu wedding dancing for the whole night, respected our playlist requests, and had very helpful suggestions during the planning process. During the wedding reception itself, he was very communicative and gives you as much or as little control as you want. We would definitely recommend his services.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Rachael · Married on 11/12/2017

We found Ideal Media online, and could not have been happier with James and his services!! Our wedding reception looked so pretty with all the uplights, and James did the set-up and breakdown with no issues. He was very responsive to all emails, and we spoke on the phone several times prior to the wedding. He worked with us each step of the way, and was very open to changes. Thank you, James!!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Chad · Married on 10/20/2017

DJ James was very professional. We received quick responses via text and/or email. He is a very nice guy. He made time to come out before the wedding to walkthrough our venue with us and the wedding coordinator. Not to mention he is an awesome Dj! The dance floor was popping all night long. In the weeks after the wedding, a lot of our guests praised his skills. Thanks again James! We will continue to suggest your services to anyone that asks.

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape 4
    Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape 5

V · Married on 10/15/2017

Thank you Ideal Media (James) for your wonderful service you provided on October 15, 2017 wedding. The drapery and up-lighting was absolutely exquisite. In addition James is professional, dedicated and really just a wonderful person to work with. His prices are competitive and he goes the extra mile to ensure you are pleased.
    To sum in one word.....AMAZING. As a Wedding Planner/Coordinator I will always work with James for my future events. Please be sure to inquire about the other services he provides. I promise you will not be disappointed. I look forward to working with James again in the near future.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Paul & Mecca · Married on 09/09/2017

Best DJ Ever!!!
    He made our very special day awesome

Sent on 10/04/2017

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you Paul & Mecca! I had a great time and it was cool seeing everyone enjoying themselves the way did. The surprise dance was definitely a hit and all of the guests were wowed. Best wishes to you and Mecca in your marriage!

Dede · Married on 09/02/2017

I will definitely recommend him!
    It Was a pleasure working with him !!
    Best of luck!!

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thanks Dede! I'm glad that you enjoyed everything and chose to work with me for your event. Best wishes to you and the family!
  • Q

Quantondra · Married on 08/31/2017

I cannot put into words how grateful my daughter was with the service. Thank you sooooo much for your attention to detail and we will definitely be using your services in the near future and referring you to our family and friends.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you for having me as the DJ for your daughter's wedding! You had a great crowd and and the entire wedding was fun. It's always a pleasure being a part of someone's greatest day and I'm glad you chose to work with me! Keep in touch and best wishes in your future!

Michael · Married on 08/14/2017

He was very good as a sound equipment was excellent he played the music we wanted and he was very patient

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you Michael! I had an awesome time with you and your guests. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the services and I appreciate the feedback.

Jimmy · Married on 08/13/2017

James was so friendly and his sound was awesome..was willing to play anything we wanted..on time..great prices..will use again

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you Jimmy! It was a pleasure working with you and I had a great time with you and your guests. I hope that everyone was thoroughly pleased with my services!

sarah · Married on 07/16/2017

James did ceiling lights and DJ service at our wedding. The lights came out very beautiful, just what I expected! James was also a wonderful DJ. He transitioned our programs smoothly and played a good mix that kept everyone on the dance floor. His rates were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah for your review! I had an excellent time with you, your husband, family, and friends. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed themselves and to be a part of someones most special day is an honor. Best wishes to you and your husband in your marriage and I'm happy to have served as your DJ and Lighting Tech! You had an awesome crowd!

S · event on 07/08/2017

He was so easy to work with and followed the special instructions I requested to perfection. He provided an awesome vendor experience and great music!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Brittany · Married on 07/01/2017

James was fantastic to work with and very competitively priced. We were looking for a pipe/drape/light curtain backdrop for our head table and a few uplights around the reception and he was able to provide both, as well as pick them up after the reception ended, for a very reasonable fee. He met with us beforehand to make sure he understood our vision and he also purchased warm white string lights specifically for us to match the tone of the rest of our lighting, even though he already had cool white lights available. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Hi Brittany,

Thanks so much for your review and it was a pleasure working with you! I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed everything and best wishes on your marriage. Your reception was amazing and we're glad to be apart of such memorable and special events!

sofia · Married on 01/07/2017

Between the dj and he uplighting we were totally blown away, everything was perfect!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Sofia! I had a great time with you, your husband, family, and friends. It's a great feeling knowing that I can play such an important part in someones most special day. Best wishes to you and your husband on your new marriage!

TiffAny · Married on 09/23/2016

My husband and I knew after our first meeting with James that he was the DJ for us. My husband can be a handful and James was able to roll with us and speak to both our needs. From there he was communicative throughout the process responding within 24/48 hours. We used both lighting and she services and both were ideal! The upkighting for our wedding really wowed us and our guests. James also kept our dance floor packed from start to finish.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thanks Tiffany for the review! I had an awesome time with you and your guests as well. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the music and the lighting. Best wishes to you and your new family. Congratulations once again!

Molly · Married on 08/06/2016

If you are looking for beautiful lighting, a responsive and patient vendor, and no fuss--look no further! James was absolutely amazing to work with. We knew we wanted some uplighting for the ceremony/reception and he recommended the number of lights we needed. He also happily worked with us to adjust that number to meet our budget. He was one of our easiest vendors to work with and everything turned out beautifully. We honestly could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you James and Ideal Media for helping to make our wedding day perfect!!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/03/2015

James did a fantastic job DJing at our wedding. He expertly read the croud's vibe and played exactly the right music to get and keep people on the dance floor. He played all of our requests and chose a good variety of music throughout the night. As a same sex couple, James treated us just like anyone else, and was very polite and respectful. We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/14/2015

We used Ideal Media DJHD for lighting during our wedding in August. The lighting really made the room pop and gave it a great elegant atmosphere. Although we had a small space and 20 up-lights were enough, the lights we had were so pretty, I wish we got more to spot/monogram the dance floor. Ideal Media DJHD was very responsive and easy to work with! They were prompt on arriving for setup and although our reception ran over, we were not charged anything extra or pressured to finish up so they could pick-up the lights. Of all the lighting companies I contacted, Ideal Media DJHD was the ONLY company that was willing to negotiate with us on pricing based on our wedding budget, especially since our wedding was on a Friday. Their pricing and overall service was great and I would absolutely use them or refer them for any party/wedding decor.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Crystal · Married on 08/08/2015

James at Ideal Media DJHD is second to none. I have been to a lot of weddings where the dance floor goes unused by the guest, the flow of the wedding is not smooth and feels mechanical or guests can simply not understand what the DJ is saying due to bad sound quality. I was worried about all of these things when picking a DJ. James really does know how to keep your guest having a great time on the dance floor, he can read a crowd and plays a great mix of music (romantic, trendy, 80's, international he has it ALL) to keep guest happy and the party going. He is a wonderful master of ceremony as he effortlessly directs the guest to different events. While we had a time line of all the nights events he did not make the party feel rushed and we were able to smoothly go from dinner to dancing to cake cutting ect. with out any awkwardness. We also used James for our lighting and drapes and we could not be happier with how every thing looked. James was very patient through out the whole planning process. He is quick to answer any questions through email and find solutions for problems that arise. Although we used the same ball room for the wedding ceremony and for the reception he was able to make the atmosphere and ambiance of the ball room feel completely different for the two events. The ceremony felt romantic and cozy, while the reception was beautiful, open and fun. The draping and uplights were masterfully done and we has so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked (even by hotel event staff!). We also has him do a gobo light with our names on that shined on the dance floor to add an extra special touch. James is a true professional and knows his weddings, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone I know that is looking to make their wedding venue look stunning and for the music/dancing to be a blast.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thanks again Crystal and I'm glad you had a great time on your special day. I hope you and your husband truly enjoy your marriage and I appreciate being part of your wedding day. Best wishes from Ideal Media!

Sent on 08/21/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/27/2015

James was wonderful! He added drapery and uplighting, and people kept commenting on how gorgeous everything was. He was an awesome DJ! He knew just what to do to get guests up and dancing. Also, his prices are great. I'd recommend him to anyone; he really made our day special!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! I had a great time as well and I'm honored to be a part of your special day. I'm great knowing that your guests had fun. Best wishes to you and your husband. Enjoy your marriage!!!

Karen · Married on 05/02/2015

James is a great guy, down to earth and easy going. He always responds to our e-mails in a reasonable time and he is very accommodating, willing to work within our budget and offer ways to save. One example, we decided a month before the wedding if we could add uplighting in addition to our DJ service with him. He was about to guide us through our decision and came up with photos and videos of what it might look like. We decided to go for the uplighting and it was impressive!

James is also very caring and passionate about his work. Before the wedding, he called us a couple days ahead of time to ask us how to pronounce members of the bridal party’s names correctly which was a challenge since our bridal party consisted of very ethnic names. During our wedding day, he followed our scripts and music requests without any problems. He also engaged in the dancing himself during the playing of ‘Cupid Shuffle’ to get the crowd going. As for the uplighting, he went above and beyond what was originally requested and we were very happy with the results. Thank you James for DJing on our special day!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

I'm glad that you both enjoyed everything and chose me to work with for your DJ and lighting services. I'm always honored to be involved with such an important day. I wish you the best in your marriage and an awesome future together!

Melissa · Married on 03/14/2015

I used James a couple weekends ago for my wedding at a vineyard. People are still reaching out to me about how great the music was at the reception. He was really professional throughout the entire process - I booked him really early in advance, and was bothering him with inquiries for a while and he always answered promptly. He was clear about what exactly he needed from me, and he came through on every single thing we asked of him. His rates are very affordable, and I honestly could not be happier with how the music turned out. Thanks for everything James!! :-)

Sent on 03/31/2015

Ideal Media DJ, Lighting & Drape's reply:

You're welcome and thanks for the review Melissa! I had such a great time at your wedding that it feels like I wasn't working. Your friends and family were all so amazing and had the type of energy that every DJ loves. Congratulations to you and Matt, and I wish you the best in your new marriage! Thanks again for trusting me on your special day!