Ideal Impressions Photography Reviews

105 Reviews for Ideal Impressions Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kristel · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Passionate & Professional

My phone consultation with Ryan was excellent. He is extremely passionate about his work and professional. He answered all of our questions with ease and made us feel very confident to work with him. We booked the Silver Package of 7 hours with two photographers and then added on the Photo-fusion, which is such a unique element. Having the flexibility to add additional services onto our package before our wedding date is wonderful. It made the entire booking process and decision making stress free. We are so excited to work with him for our wedding!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Eric Raver · Married on 10/12/2018

Highly Recommend!

Ideal impressions did an awesome job! Our photos turned better than we had hoped! The photographers were fantastic and they had fun while doing all the photos! If you need a photographer for any occasion I recommend Ideal Impressions!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Katie · Married on 05/19/2018

Unbelievable!!!!! My guests cannot get over how amazing the images looked and were in absolute shock that they were able to see a video of the pictures (photo-fusion) during the reception and by the time we woke up (well some of us :-/ ) the pictures were already up on the website and available for download!!! Love the fact guests are able to download immediately for free! And Ryan and Kevin COULD NOT have been more accommodating for our ridiculously large wedding party! I’m sure we were a bit tough to wrangle (all 27 bridesmaids/groomsmen and 11 kids—a new record I would imagine ) but they did it with the utmost professionalism! Cannot say thank you enough!!! You cannot go wrong with Ideal Impressions!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Tabby · Married on 09/23/2017

There are no words to describe how happy we are with Ryan and Joe from Ideal Impressions! They captured our day perfectly and we are so in love with all of our wedding photos. I can't look through them without crying. Our bridal party was so impressed with their professionalism and talent and our families loved the photo fusion video that was played after dinner with clips of us getting ready throughout the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyryQ1vW5YU Thank you again Ryan and Joe! You're the best!

Sent on 10/18/2017

The photographers with Ideal Impressions are absolutely incredible. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. We had the great pleasure of working with Ryan and Scottie. What a great team! We had A LOT of family photos to get through and these two made it a stress-free process from start to finish. They were certainly not afraid to get their hands dirty either. They did whatever it took to get just the right shot; including jumping in the lake! The timeless photos that we have will be treasured forever.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2017

If you are experiencing a special life event, you WANT IDEAL IMPRESSIONS there! With every life event – whether it is a wedding, anniversary, birthday, grand opening of a business, graduation party, etc. there is always a vibe unique to that event. In order to preserve such moments, a great photographer is a MUST. Ideal Impressions is home to the most talented individuals. We knew of Ryan’s work prior to our wedding & knew he was who we wanted to help preserve our memories. We worked with Ryan & Kevin and they captured our wedding day beyond what we hoped for. To preserve memories correctly, a photographer must not only have a good eye, know lighting, & be an artist, but they must also be able to capture the “the energy” of the moment. They must be able to make you comfortable & cue you as to how to move in order for the picture, light, and surroundings to best complement you. Ryan & Kevin were so wonderful in doing this. They arrived on time & worked with us, our families, & our animals to come up with different ideas to capture the day & memories. They were so kind to our families, fur family, & friends. Ryan & Kevin also dressed to blend right into our wedding event & drove from one place to another, climbed up on piers, off piers, took a boat ride to capture the right moment, flew the drone, were in & out of the lake, up & down the beach, at our house, & also at the Inn early. They did all this while remaining invisible, in a sense, because they were so respectful & knew where to be at just the right time. The turnover for our images was less than 24 hours & the video/photo fusion is amazing. It is something we will always have to remember our special day. We cannot say enough about Ryan & Kevin. They were not only our photographers, they were also part of our wedding day. It is because of them that we have these photo treasures to share together, with family & friends, forever. Thank you Ryan & Kevin-Ideal Impressions is the Best! Jenny & Bryan!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Lisa · Married on 06/18/2017

Gioi Diaz of Ideal Impressions Photography did an absolutely outstanding job on my daughter's wedding this past Sunday. He got wonderful, natural photos of all aspects of the ceremony and reception without being intrusive in any way. I give Gio and Ideal Impressions the highest recommendation.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2017

Look no further and book Ideal Impressions for your wedding photographer. Rest assured that when your perfect day comes to an end, you'll have the most incredible photos and video to remember the day by. Working with Ryan was an absolute honor and he is a truly brilliant photographer and artist. Ryan and Gio were amazing come wedding day, arriving early and keeping everyone on time all day. They are also just genuine and kind people, capturing special moments in the most discrete ways. At one point in the day Ryan put down his camera to help me strap my heels, a true class act. Words can not describe how creative they are and I encourage you to view their albums on their website to see for yourself. They worked from sun up on wedding day to sun up the day after. The day after the wedding we awoke from a text from Ryan with a link to see over 2,000 photos and the most incredibly done photofusion. I'd highly recommend prioritizing their packages in your wedding budget, it'll be the best decision you make. Our experience with Ideal Impressions was completely unforgettable and I'll let the photos speak for themselves, AMAZING.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Andrea · Married on 12/31/2016

If you are contemplating booking Ideal Impressions for your big day STOP and just book them! And if you are just starting to look, look no further than this review. Ideal Impressions is more than we could have ever asked for from a photography service for our wedding. From the first time I contacted Ryan he was so responsive, friendly, and genuinely excited to hear about our wedding, the dreams we had for our day, and the pictures we hoped to come from it. After booking, he was constantly in touch throughout our engagement whether it was engagement pictures, meeting for coffee to see how wedding plans were coming, or finalizing details as the wedding day got closer...I truly felt like he put as big a priority on making sure our day was perfect as we did.

When the wedding day finally arrived Ryan and Joe were nothing short of amazing. They came early (one to where the guys were getting ready and one to the girls) to make sure to capture those pictures that couldn't be seen by my husband and I otherwise. We had a large party (9 standing up on each side and 2 ushers), not to mention two LARGE families, and pictures after the ceremony were a breeze. My MIL could not stop talking about how quick and professional they were in organizing the groups and just getting everyone on their way. Trust me when I say you want your pictures to be fabulous but you don't want to have to spend your whole wedding day taking them!

On top of a large wedding party came a large wedding--we sat 450 for dinner. I couldn't believe how Ryan and Joe managed to get pictures of nearly all of our guests and a perk to Ideal Impressions is that all photos are available for guests to view so our guests could view and purchase professional pictures of themselves from that day. Ideal Impressions is truly the complete package when it comes to wedding photography and we are forever grateful for the memories that we will have to view for a lifetime. Thank you so much!! -Andrea & Aaron

Sent on 01/11/2017

Paola · Married on 12/17/2016

This is the third Family wedding Ideal Impressions Photography has photographed. Ryan and Scottie are ridiculously talented! Professional, organized, and extremely creative! They took the time to really understand our style and it reflected on the photos...perfection! Within hours after our first photo shoot, they had pictures printed and framed for our families to see! Unreal.

It was also a genuine pleasure working with them, love their personalities. I highly recommend them, they are in our mind, obligatory!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Mandy · Married on 11/04/2016

We cannot say enough good things about Ideal Impressions, we worked with Scottie from the very beginning through our entire wedding! Selecting our photographer was one of the most important decisions we made and we quickly knew we made the right one. Our mini engagement session with Scottie was relaxing and fun! Not to mention the pictures turned out great!! Leading up to the day we talked a lot to finalize the timeline for the day which helped things run so smoothly!!! On the day of we had Scottie and Joel with us which we are so thankful for! It's really hard to put into words how grateful we were to have them be a part of our day! We had so much fun with pictures the day of and so did our wedding party!!! It all was very apparent when we saw them after! First being with the photo fusion at our reception...this is a must! It not only turned out amazing but people were so impressed. We got access to our pictures pretty much immediately which turned out PERFECT!!! I mean there are like no bad pictures!! We would highly recommend Ideal Impressions we can't wait to use them for future life events! Thank you again Scottie for making this entire experience so wonderful for us!!! You not only captured the most important moments of our life that will last us a lifetime but you provided advice and actually we consider you a friend now. You are the best and I wish we could do it all over again!!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Kelli · Married on 10/08/2016

Totally worth the money! Definitely work spending the extra bucks for more hours too. We worked with Scottie Peterson, and assistant photographer Joel and they did such a great job!!! Very personable and SO MUCH FUN!! Our photos and video turned out so beautiful and received so many compliments by friends and family. You will want to work with these guys!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Ellen · Married on 10/01/2016

We just had our daughter's wedding with Scottie and his team on October 1, 2016. The first time I met Scottie I knew there something very special about him. He was very engaging, fun to be with and you just knew on The Big Day he would be very easy and relaxing to be with. During the months leading up to the wedding he went out of his way to make you feel like your wedding was the only one on the planet!! He spent many hours with us to produce the most beautiful engagement photos we have ever seen. He went above and beyond driving a long distance to make the photos very personal at the location we chose. By the time Scottie left that night, we were not just doing business with him but he was our friend. He has a wonderful personality that you just love to be around. He came out another night and met us to make the video shown at the reception extra special . So far this has been about Scottie personally. Now for his talent as a photographer. He is a story teller with his photos that will make everyone cry and did I mention we had all 2500 pictures the morning after the wedding and new profile pics inserted on the bride and groom's Facebook pages. He captured every moment exquisitely and made such an impression on our guests that they were coming up to us and asking who he was and what company we had chosen . Oh and did I mention that he stayed with us for 14 hours when he just moved last weekend and had a new baby just a few weeks ago. It doesn't get better than Scottie. Lastly you MUST get the PHOTOFUSION from Ideal Impressions. It completely makes your reception rock. Call Ideal now and ask for Scottie. No bride and groom could have a better experience on their wedding day then SCOTTIE and his team!!!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Bridget · Married on 10/01/2016

Where do I begin!?!?! First I should let everyone know that my mom and I are kinda those crazy wedding people who lived and breathed wedding planning for the past year and wanted everything to be PERFECT. We met with at least 5 photographers and there was always something wrong - they wouldn't stay past 10PM, they wouldn't make us an album, they only have a team of 1, but would hire an amateur to be their asst for the big day... etc.
    Then we met SCOTTIE! He literally made ALL of our dreams come true. I need to list all the reasons why I love Ideal Impressions...
    1. We fell in love with Scottie immediately. He had such a fun and caring personality! He shared in our passion for my wedding. He UNDERSTOOD that this day was a realllllyyyy big deal for us! He made us feel that we could absolutely rest assure that he was going to knock it out of the park. AND OH MY GOD DID HE EVER!
    2. I really wanted our engagement photos to be taken where Danny proposed to me. SO even though it was over an hour drive for Scottie...he made it happen! It was supposed to be a 30 minute shoot and after hours of taking photos he was still hanging out with our families, eating pizza, laughing, having a great time. He never made us feel that he was just there to get the cash and go! He was literally a part of our family during this entire process. The pictures turned out incredible and we had TONS of options to use for save the dates, cards, gifts. There was no limit to how many pictures we would receive from Ideal Impressions - which is something I haven't seen with many companies!
    3. Leading up to the big day I would receive phone calls and texts from Scottie about how excited he was to shoot our wedding. He is an incredibly genuine person who once again just made me feel so comfortable to have him be my photographer on the biggest day of my life.
    4. OKAY, so the wedding day!! Scottie shows up with an entire team of amazing people!! They were all nicer than the next! Super professional

Sent on 10/07/2016

Daniel · Married on 10/01/2016

This is continued from Bridget's review - I hadn't even gotten to the wedding day yet and ran out of space about how amazing Ideal Impressions is!
    SO THE WEDDING DAY! Scottie and his team were amazing. They captured shots I didn't even know existed. They caught every moment. They were somehow everywhere at all times.
    We decided to get the Photo Fusion video, which I was very unsure about. How could they possibly make a decent video from the day that we could show at our Reception only a few hours later?! I mean seriously. Well, I was SO SO wrong. I can't even put into words how amazing the video was. Danny and I have watched it at least 100 times in the past few days. Our guests were AMAZED. They could not believe what they were seeing! Strangers have watched it and cried. You HAVE to get the Photo Fusion! You will NOT regret it! I would pay a million dollars for it if I had to! It was such a great addition to make our Reception unique and special. Scottie and his team stayed much later than originally planned (because once again - they never made you feel like it was about the contract/cash which I found with LOTS of my vendors).
    Here's probably the craziest part. I woke up the day after my wedding obviously in pure bliss! I wanted to text Scottie and ask if he could send me the Photo Fusion video, but thought ...hey...he literally got home after midnight...I'll give him a break! Minutes later I receive a text from Scottie...with the video...and EVERY SINGLE PHOTO from our wedding day already edited and ready to go! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THIS? People wait months for their photos and I had every moment in my hands the morning after my wedding! I immediately posted all of them to Facebook and people could not believe that they were seeing our photos from the big day hours after it happened.

I could go on and on, but I hope everyone got the point. You need to choose Scottie and Ideal Impressions!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Becky · Married on 09/24/2016

I highly recommend Ideal Impressions Photography! Heather was such a pleasure to work with in the months leading up to our wedding and also on the wedding day. I received my pictures the day after the wedding and I couldn't be happier! Thank you so much for capturing our special day!!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Erik · Married on 09/17/2016

We booked Scottie with Ideal Impressions for our wedding in Lake Geneva. We think the pictures are really the only thing you get to keep from your wedding, so we wanted to make sure we had not only the person that had the skill to take good pictures, but someone who's personality we meshed with. It was important to us that the photog was able to make us comfortable and help us take good high quality pictures, especially since neither of us is any good at taking pictures - so awkward! With that being said, we budgeted more money for our photographer than anything else, we thought it was the most important thing.

We met with three photographers, Scottie was the clear winner. He was not the cheapest, but we still think we got a great value. We LOVE our pictures and could not be happier with how they turned out. Scottie and his team were with us for almost 12 hours and they worked hard the whole time. It's evident in how the pictures turned out as well as the number of people that told us how awesome they were.

Our advice to you would be to make sure you speak to several different photographers, and that you speak to your ACTUAL photographer. It's very important that the person you are spending that much time with be someone that you mesh with. They need to be able to tell you when you're doing things wrong and help you through the process. Scottie and his team were definitely that for us and we could not recommend them more.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/16/2016

Scottie, Geo and Ryan were all amazing!!
    They were unbelievably flexible with my Fiancé and our crazy family!
    Also, the photofusion they put together for our reception dinner was outstanding our guests were blown away!
    Thank you for making our awesome!!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Amber · Married on 09/10/2016

You would be a fool not to hire Ryan! His photos are unlike any other and he truly pays attention to his clients' styles, needs, wishes, desires, everything. He was beyond a pleasure to work with. He made our wedding weekend a dream come true! I live in NYC and he is one of the best photographers in the country.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Adam · Married on 09/10/2016

Scottie and his team were extraordinary for our wedding day! They were incredibly polite, professional and helpful during our wedding. Guests were blown on our wedding day of the quality of the movie/pictures that we showed during our reception. People continue talking about them weeks later! If having a wedding in Lake Geneva, or the surrounding area, there is no better choice than Scottie and his team!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Katelyn · Married on 09/04/2016

To anyone looking for an amazing wedding photographer look no further. Scottie, Gio & their team with Ideal Impressions Photography were simply the best! There was not a moment in the entire day where Scottie/Gio were not capturing pictures of moments my husband and I will forever cherish. Scottie and Gio were the whole package too, at one point Scottie was a DJ when we needed it, swooped in and saved the day with an AUX chord, both keeping us on time and always making everyone in our party smile and have a good laugh! If it feels wrong it's right, (inside joke with the bridal party and Scottie but made for the most perfect pictures and heck Scottie taught us all how to take better pictures in the future). The photofusion was perfect and blew our guests away but most importantly blew Ryan and I away. We are almost 2 months post-wedding and Scottie still is extremely helpful with questions when we have them. Looking back on our wedding, Ideal Impressions Photography was some of the best money spent and I wouldn't change them being our photographers for anything. Thank you guys!!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Ryan · Married on 09/04/2016

If you are looking for a GREAT photography team, look no further. Scotty and his team from Ideal Impressions shot our wedding and my wife and I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. Working with Scotty from the engagement session to the wedding was a wonderful experience. A wedding can be a very stressful event but Scotty made everyone feel at ease. The photos and videos captured of our wedding are just perfect, and we received all of the photos so quickly, my wife and I are amazed. We opted to get the photofusion played at the reception and our guests along with ourselves were blown away. Our wedding was 2 months ago and people are still talking about how breathtaking it was. It doesn't get any better than Scotty and his team and I couldn't imagine having a better experience with any other photographers! ***Highly Recommended***

Sent on 11/02/2016

Kyla · Married on 09/02/2016

I highly recommend Ideal Impressions Photography to anyone looking for talented and fun photographers that have a passion for capturing your special day. Our experience with Ryan and Gio has been unmatched, and it was truly a pleasure to work with them. Not only were they extremely professional, punctual, and friendly, but they captured every moment that was special to my husband and I. For the wedding, Ryan and Gio took a plethora of pictures, which included not only the wedding party but our guests as well! The photo booth was a hit at our wedding, and our guests said they had so much fun! The next morning we received all the photos, which we have not stopped looking at since. The photos turned out absolutely stunning and everything that we imagined! In addition, the Photofusion that Ideal Impressions offers is hands down the best purchase you can make. They do such an amazing job at bringing you back to your wedding day and all the emotions involved. It's something that my husband and I can look at for years to come. Thank you again Ryan and Gio, you helped make our day very memorable!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Aubrie · Married on 09/02/2016

Scottie was absolutely amazing! Right from the start, he had a personality and energy that just made you feel comfortable and excited. We felt like we'd know him for years! He made the most boring part of the day for the bridal party so much fun. As we went around taking pictures with our bridal party, it was clear that everyone was not only enjoying themselves, but having a blast! Scottie exceeded our expectations in so many ways. The amount of time he dedicated to us all day was unbelievable. He has a great eye for beautiful shots, and that definitely showed in our wedding pictures. Scottie surprised us by showing our photo fusion video at our reception. It was unexpected, and it made our night. Many guests complimented us on that video and how it really was such a wonderful part of our reception. We can not thank you enough, Scottie! We look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you so much for making the best day of our lives better than we ever imagined!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Kathy · Married on 07/30/2016

I now know why Ideal Impression Photography wins awards year after year. I hired Scottie and Brook for my daughter's wedding and I would hire them again in an instant. They took drop dead gorgeous pictures! They know how to work each scenery in so many creative ways. For instance a field was shot as romance, silliness, playfulness and even loneliness. Their pictures all tell a story which I love. They also have the ability to get these great photo shots in a calm and natural way and thank goodness no cheesy pictures. Every moment of the wedding was captured. They are both fun to be around yet work very hard and are very discrete . We have received so many compliments on how beautiful the pictures are. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/03/2016