I Thee Wed Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Brandon Married on 05/20/2022

Amazing Officiant

Chuck was so awesome to work with. He is extremely personable and kept all of our wishes and ideas in mind as he conducted our ceremony. You can truly tell Chuck has a passion for seeing people get married.
  • Krysti
    Krysti F. Married on 05/20/2022

Look no further

Chuck Daniel was a dream come true. We had a video call with 3 officiants before making our decision to work with Chuck. Throughout our planning process, he was informative, organized and always prepared. The day of our wedding, he made our guests laugh, cry and feel the love in the room. We recommend Chuck to anyone looking for an officiant!
    Sabrina W. Married on 04/20/2022

Excellent to work with

He’s wonderful to work with. Very friendly
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Patrick M. Married on 11/26/2021

Amazing officiant

Rev. Chuck was an amazing offciant of our wedding and helped us make it everything we had hoped for and more would reccomend him to anyone looking for get married.
    Jessika Married on 11/08/2021

Amazing and friendly

Was very accommodating to our timeframe and the ceremony itself was short and sweet but worked for us.
    Miranda S. Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing Officiant

Chuck really fit our personality and personalized his speech to what we wanted incorporated. He was great and everyone commented about what a great job he did.
    Joel S. Married on 06/09/2021

Destination Wedding

The destination was one of the several uninhabited islands managed by the Virginia Marine Resources Commission off the Eastern Shore of Virginia. With about a week's notice, Chuck created a simple, yet meaningful ceremony for us (the entire party consisted of the bride and groom, the boat captain that ferried us around, and Chuck).
  • Ashley
    Ashley T. Married on 05/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An easy and pleasant experience.

Rev Chuck was easy to work with and had a great personality. He was able to answer any questions we had leading up to our wedding and make it a stress free experience!
    Lauren B. Married on 05/09/2021

Great Officiant!

Chuck is an awesome officiant! He ensured the ceremony went smoothly. He customized the ceremony to how we wanted it to go. He was very easy going, friendly, and had good communication. I highly recommend him!
    Rick A. Married on 05/09/2021

Sandra and Rick's ceremony may 9 2021

We were both comfortable during our ceremony and very pleased that Rev. Daniel's honored our requests. He exceeded our expectations
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 11/28/2020

Wonderful, Unforgettable

Rev. Chuck Daniels I can not thank you enough for working with Anthony and I and being able to work with our schedule with moving our dates around due to COVID! You made or ceremony fun and so much more enjoyable! Thank you so much for everything!!
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
  • Amber
    Amber N. Married on 10/17/2020

Truly wonderful

Truly a mastermind when it comes to setting up a ceremony. Able to work with you to make your vows, what other aspects you want and able to make a serious moment light and all smiles!!
  • Victoria
    Victoria T. Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely incredible!

Chuck was amazing to work with! He crafted the most beautiful ceremony and really made us feel as if we have known him for years. He was thoughtful, accommodating, and very responsive to my ceremony requests. He was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend him!
  • Nichole
    Nichole D. Married on 10/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Reverend Chuck was amazing!!

Hiring Reverend Chuck (Charles Daniel) through Reverend Cory Newell & Associates was one of the smartest decisions I made when hiring my vendors.
    Chuck was amazing--he was easy going, light hearted, made us laugh, and helped set the tone we wanted for our ceremony. Not only that, but he was always easily available--I can't count the number of times that I bombarded him with questions, even well after we got married! Wonderful man, great service, great price :)
  • Andreleasa
    Andreleasa Married on 08/26/2019

Wedding 💒 Day

Rev. Daniel was great. He was professional and funny. He made suggestions on Vows we can use as well as adding his own words for the ceremony. I would definitely recommend him.
  • Misty
    Misty Married on 07/21/2019

Just Right

Chuck was such an easy officiant to work with for our wedding. He was very respectful of all of our wishes while planning out wedding. He made our wedding so easy and light hearted. He even helped lighten the mood when the tears because to swell up in my eyes. We are so very happy with our choice to use Chuck for our wedding!

I Thee Wed's reply:

Awwww... Thank you so much Misty.... 'twas my pleasure ;) You two are a perfect match.
    Blessings to you,
    Rev CD
  • Kurtis
    Kurtis T. Married on 06/22/2019

Chuck is Amazing

From our first interactions on Wedding Wire to our ceremony, Chuck was amazing and we highly recommend him. He helped us create a ceremony that was perfect for us and was always amazingly responsive! If you are looking for an officiant in the Tidewater area, Chuck comes highly, highly recommended!
    Maura P. Married on 03/27/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If I could put 10 stars I would!!!

Chuck was absolutely amazing. Not only did he perform the perfect ceremony but he did it in under 24hrs notice. I called on March the 26th around 5:30 we were married on March 27th at 4:00. As soon as I got in touch with him he began to ask questions to customize our perfect wedding. It was amazing. He had me and my husband and our guests laughing and crying. He made sure to put a humorous twist on traditional vows. Not only was he flexible with the date and time but he did everything possible to make sure my big day went exactly how I dreamed it would. He asked all the right questions and after only spending 30 min with me and spending less with my husband was able to make the ceremony perfect. He filled out the marriage license perfectly and thouroghly described the steps we had to take to make sure our license was filed properly. He also took payment online which made it super easy. We didn’t have to worry about bringing cash or paying that day we prepaid the night before. If you are getting married I would not go with anyone else in Hampton roads. He traveled to where we wanted to get married which was on the beach in Yorktown. Not only that but he even had a back up plan Incase it was too cold once we were ready to begin. Even though it was windy and a tad chilly I still had my dream wedding right next to the ocean. I promise you that if you have him do your ceremony it will be the best decision your will make regarding your wedding. Not only is he hilarious, heartfelt, prompt, respectful and caring, but he is also fantastic at what he does!! Even after the wedding I called him 2 months later and asked him to send me a copy of our wedding vows so I could make a surprise for my husband and he did. He remembered exactly who I was and sent me the exact vows my husband and I said to each other. I’m no expert wedding planner but I can promise you all the money in my bank account that if you choose him to do your wedding you will be happy you did for the rest of your life. He asks before hand if you want it traditional, religious, non religious, funny, heartfelt, a little religious or basic. Whatever your beliefs are I guarantee he will perform a ceremony that will represent you and your spouse perfectly! I wouldn’t let anyone else in Hampton roads marry you if I were you. Chuck if you see this, THANK YOU SO MUCH! From the bottom of our hearts. You made our day so much more amazing and memorable than I could’ve imagined. You did an amazing job in such a short amount of time. Eddie and I are forever grateful! -Maura Pavlyuchek!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 12/01/2018

Chuck is terrific!

Chuck is terrific. He really let us customize every bit of our ceremony, and he wrote a wonderful custom opening that matched our style perfectly. He was very open to a non-religious ceremony, though there was one mention of god at the end of the ceremony. That said, it didn't bother us that he included the Commonwealth of Virginia and god as the source of his authority (that was the only mention).

He's really a great officiant, and I'm glad we went with him after meeting with a few options. His pricing is comparable to other local officiants as well. We chose not to pay for him to come to rehearsal and just as he said, that was a good call. We didn't need him for the rehearsal. If you're getting married in the Hampton Roads area, definitely consider Chuck Daniels!
    Shannon Married on 11/17/2018

Highly Recommend, Outstanding, Professional

I highly recommend Reverend Chuck Daniels if you are looking for an officiant for your wedding. He truly made our wedding one of kind and kept to everything we asked for. Our guests even made it a point to compliment on how exceptional he was. As we were preparing for our wedding he guided us and gave great recommendations. Reverend Chuck Daniels is down to earth and really put the groom and I at ease when it came to this matter of our wedding. If I could give him more the 5 stars I would!!
    Tonisha Married on 10/24/2018

Amazing Experience

Chuck has a great personality and will personalize his message to what the couple wants. He has a great sense of humor and made our day special.
  • Janet
    Janet Married on 10/21/2018

Taliaferro wedding

I am so impressed with Chuck. He was very patient, professional and personable. We had a delay on our end and he was kind and understanding. He did the most beautiful job with my daughter’s wedding. My husband and I highly recommend him. He definitely is 5 stars worth and more. Thank you Chuck!
    Toni Married on 09/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Chuck is absolutely amazing!!

We had the privliage of having Chuck officiate our wedding on 9/29/18 and we are so thrilled he was a huge part of our big day. Right from the first meeting, Chuck made us feel at ease about everything and assured us that he was available to us for any questions, concerns, changes, suggestions, etc. His personality is so wonderful and meshed so well with us. Chuck tailored our ceremony to what we wanted and didn't want. There were laughs, there were tears (happy ones of course), and just an overall sense of peace. We could not have asked for a more magical ceremony and it's all thanks to Rev. Chuck! Thank you again for everything!
    Kristie Married on 08/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Chuck did an amazing job preparing the perfect ceremony for our wedding day. He is very personal and makes you feel comfortable right away. He really listened to our needs, so I recommend Chuck 100 % you can't go wrong with choosing him.
    Kelly Married on 08/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Truly can't say enough good things about Chuck! From the very beginning he was professional but still down to earth and very helpful in any questions we had. Any conversations were enjoyable and informative. Chuck stayed in contact with us leading up to our wedding so we never had a chance to worry about his part. On wedding day he arrived in plenty of time to calm us down and reassure any worries we had about the ceremony(being paranoid). Not to mention he was dressed fantastically in a suit and tie for an ocean side ceremony in the mid 80's. We had no amplification system for the ceremony and there was no issue hearing him but at the same time he wasn't shouting. Chuck is well spoken and his own written words were heartfelt and moving. He does an amazing job of taking the lead on things and keeping the ceremony on course. We never felt confused or rushed in any part. It was an absolute pleasure to have Chuck as our officiant and we very highly recommend him to any couple looking to have a perfect ceremony.
illustration stars