I Do Weddings Nola and Coast Reviews

54 | Diamondhead, MS

54 Reviews for I Do Weddings Nola and Coast

Nola B. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Absolutely excellent

Gerry was such a dream to work with. Kind, helpful and an incredibly positive demeanor, he put my husband and I at ease through the whole process. He was accommodating to us being out of town and really made our ceremony special. I would absolutely recommend Gerry to anyone getting married in the Greater New Orleans area. Thank you, Gerry for all you did for us!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Kris E. · Married on 08/10/2020

thank you for the amazing time!

Rev. Jerry made our small and intimate ceremony quite nice and low stress. He met us at the site on time and with little pre-planning information. Jerry also made suggestions and led the ceremony vows, which made our day even easier and more stress free.

Thanks Dr. Schum!!

Sent on 01/11/2020

I Do Weddings Nola and Coast's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! Hope the license process worked out. Since I hadn't heard back from you I figured everything was OK. Peace, Jerry
  • JAMES

James O. · Married on 12/03/2019

Fantastic Experience W/ Rev. Jerry

Our ceremony was perfect. The vows presented to us were spot on and everything was great. Great personality, he cared about our happiness and union, and was easy to work with from start to finish. We highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2019

I Do Weddings Nola and Coast's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. Wish you the very best and many wonderful years together. Peace, Jerry

Christina · Married on 11/02/2018

Highly Recommended!

If you're looking for an officiant, look no further. Rev. Dr. Schumm was absolutely wonderful! We had a destination wedding in New Orleans and he made us feel so comfortable preparing for the ceremony. He answered all our questions and was very patient. He has a great sense of humor and is very easy to talk to. He made us feel at ease on our wedding day. Our ceremony was perfect because of him. Thank you so much Dr. Schumm!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Aileen M. · Married on 10/05/2018

Our ideal officiant!

We were really clueless about all aspects of what was involved in a wedding ceremony and how it progressed. Reverend Schumm was so helpful. He met with us several times and walked us through the process. He helped us personalize our ceremony while also maintaining a traditional format. He helped us explore all options that we could include in our ceremony and answered our questions. During the ceremony, he kept us at ease with his calm presence and guided us through every step of the ceremony. He is a very open person, very easy to talk to, and makes everyone feel welcome. He also has a great sense of humor and a love of life. He was ideal as our wedding officiant.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2018

HIGHLY recommended!

Dr. Schumm was so wonderful to work with! He's so personable and he makes planning a ceremony fun and easy. He offers great suggestions and advice and we absolutely loved working with him. We had a lot of questions and he took the time to answer all of them with great detail. Dr. Schumm calmed our nerves during the rehearsal so that we were prepared for the ceremony itself. Our ceremony was so beautiful and we couldn't imagine anyone else marrying us. Thank you so much Dr. Schumm!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Avin L. · Married on 08/18/2018

Awesome experience, amazing Reverend

Dr Rev Jerry Schumm was a pleasure to work with, he fit right in with our family and friends immediately! He got to know us and made our ceremony personal! It was very special, from the tone to the wording, everything was very well put together! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/12/2018

Jerry was fantastic to work with and gave us a great wedding ceremony. He made time to really discuss every aspect of the ceremony ahead of time and gave us many options to tailor our ceremony to our needs. Jerry was on-time, professional, and really listened to us and honored our request for a more light-hearted ceremony. Would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda H. · Married on 05/11/2018

The best!

If you are having any reservations about hiring Dr. Jerry Schumm then fear not! He was beyond amazing!! I really felt like he genuinely wanted to get to know us and wanted every little detail covered. Prior to the wedding day he was very easy to communicate. As a bride, we want answers now...and he was perfect! The wedding rehearsal went off without a hitch, he had great input into the flow of the wedding. He impressed my family, he looked professional, spoke well and was super likeable!! The wedding day, he looked sharp! he wore his traditional church wear. He spoke clearly, he wasn't chessy like I've seen at weddings, he made sure to capture the moment of how I wanted our wedding to play out. I wanted romance and love and he stuck to that. I cant say anything bad about Dr. Jerry. My dad LOVEEDDD him (which says a lot). He kept me calm before and during the ceremony. The little touches he added and the calm demeanor realllyyyy helped me. You don't realize how much an officiant can make or break a ceremony and he was awesome!! I love him!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Erica · Married on 03/31/2018

We can’t say enough about Pastor Jerry! He was so hopeful throughout the whole planning process, even when I made a last minute change about our wedding vows. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and he somehow managed to make it feel completely personalized even though we had never even met! I would recommend him to absolutely anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 06/23/2018
  • W

Walter W. · Married on 03/16/2018

It was a great experience

Very professional made a big day very easy and smooth

Sent on 12/09/2019

I Do Weddings Nola and Coast's reply:

Thanks for your kind words. Hope all is well with both of you. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!. Peace, Jerry

Liqiang · Married on 12/28/2017

Dr. Schumm is really nice to work with and we did have a really great experience. Thanks a lot!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 11/04/2017

Rev. Jerry, Should be number one, on everyone list. He was great during our ceremony, he was very accommodating also. We had to move our wedding date for health reasons and he understood and made it easy for us. He will give you example and ideas if your unsure of what you want during your ceremony. He has a good sense of humor and an honest kind heart. He is very responsive and listens to concerns and needs. He was very easy to get to know and talk too. We loved him and we could not picture anyone else doing our ceremony. We are grateful to have him be part of our day.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Brian · Married on 06/03/2017

Dr Schumm was great. He responded to all of our questions quickly. He had great suggestions. Very friendly and easy going. Was on time to every meeting. Spent a lot of time with me (the groom) before the ceremony just talking about random things keeping me at ease. Great all around guy. Highly recommend using him for your wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Connie · Married on 05/14/2017

We got married on the beach in Bay St. Louis in May with Dr. Schumm officiating. He was so pleasant to work with. He tailored our wedding exactly like we asked and his personal comments made it seem like he knew us very well. You can't go wrong choosing him, he was awesome!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Shirley · Married on 05/13/2017

I spent a long time searching for the right person to bring together our very special day. Dr. Schumm was meant to officiate our wedding! He was wonderful every step of the way. Not only was he involved, but he was very helpful and informative with the whole process. I could not have had a more wonderful experience. What I read about him was right on and I hope that what I've written about him, will help someone else in this very special decision. Thank you for what you do Dr. Schumm!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Ann · Married on 04/08/2017

Rev. Dr. Schumm did an amazing job! Everything went so smoothly, and we couldn't have been happier! Our reception had its hiccups, but with Dr. Schumm as our officiant, the ceremony was perfect. After the first minute of the ceremony, I could tell he really had it all under control, I hardly had to think about what to do next. It made it so much easier to relax and think about the important things, like our love and the big commitment we were making. During the rehearsal, he told us exactly what we needed to know, no more & no less. It made everyone's part in the ceremony easy as pie. I was wondering how I would turn a blank slate of an outdoor wedding into the real deal, and Dr. Schumm's professional experience really made it happen. We talked on the phone before the ceremony a few times, and he kept us on track with what we needed to accomplish and when. Talking with Dr. Schumm felt like talking with family, and it was nice to finally meet him in person on the big weekend. I would defeinitely recommend him! Thanks again, Dr. Schumm!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 03/11/2017

I'm so glad we stumbled across Rev. Dr. Shumm when we were perusing the internet to find the perfect officiant! He was fast to respond to our initial inquiry and throughout the planning process we were able to get in touch with him easily via email or phone. My fiance and I met Dr. Shumm at a coffee shop for a meet and greet a few months before the wedding. He has done so many weddings and seen so many variations on tradition which made him the perfect person to help my fiance and I figure out what we wanted in our ceremony. After we figured out what we did and didn't want in the ceremony, he sent me a step by step itinerary which was invaluable when it came to creating a program for the big day. On rehearsal day we had a last minute change in plans as there was a wedding booked where we were going to rehearse and Dr. Shumm was able to come an hour early. He was very warm, knowledgeable and available throughout the process and the ceremony was comfortable and seamless. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the local area!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Kerry · Married on 03/04/2017

My wife and I would highly recommend Dr. Schumm. He kept in touch with us every step of the way leading up to the wedding. He always made himself accessible if we had any questions or concerns. Top notch.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Andy · Married on 03/04/2017

Excellent service. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Grant · Married on 02/22/2017

Dr Jerry and his lovely wife were an absolute delight. Ours was a very small wedding, yet he made us feel like we were the royal couple. We wanted to use a number of verses from scripture as part of the vows. Dr Jerry took those verses and put them into the service so seamlessly that it seemed as though it had always been a part of the service. We would highly recommend Dr Jerry for any wedding from the smallest to the biggest.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Bethany · Married on 10/29/2016

Rev. Dr. Gerald “Jerry” Schumm officiated our October 2016 wedding in Hillsboro, Missouri. We were looking for a low key, family oriented wedding. When we spoke over the phone, "Jerry" knew exactly what we were looking for! Since we both had children previously, Jerry thought of a "unity ceremony" which brought the children into our vows. This unity ceremony was a surprise for our families. Our guests said it was a highlight and very moving.
    We would recommend Rev. Dr. Jerry Schumme to anyone!! Jerry took the time to listen and give wonderful advice! He was professional, detail-oriented, and a dream to work with!

Sent on 02/10/2017

E · Married on 08/20/2016

Look no further ! While I was hesitant to have someone perform My wedding that I had never met, I am Extremely satisfied with Rev. Schumm. Cant say enough kind words. My Husband & I were married at the Ritz Carlton New Orleans in August 2016. Rev Schumm was very professional, well spoken & kind. He returned my first phone call within minutes. He took his time & explained the entire process of how the ceremony would go. He asked for My input or special request. My entire family enjoyed his presence. We are a Catholic family, but we weren't having our wedding in a church, so We needed to have a minister perform the ceremony- He made it very personal with A Beautiful blessing. We had a late summer wedding & I was so excited to see Rev. Schumm dressed in a traditional southern seersucker suit for our big day. Have no doubts with having him perform your Ceremony, you will not be disappointed. Not a thing to worry about. Definitely A 5 star +++

Sent on 11/10/2016
  • W

William · Married on 06/11/2016

Dr. Schumm was very accommodating to our requests and was incredibly professional. He made us both feel at ease and confident, and all our family and friends enjoyed the ceremony very much.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Taylor · Married on 06/04/2016

Dr. Schumm was so wonderful to work with! He married my husband Austin and I this past May at our destination wedding in New Orleans. He worked with us via phone and e-mail to make sure everything was perfect for our ceremony. I would recommend him to anyone getting married.

Sent on 11/10/2016