"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Jamaris
    Jamaris T. Getting married on 05/03/2022

A True Blessing

Rev. Phil made our ceremony planning extremely easy. His quick response from the moment we reached out and video conference set us up to a great start. From the very beginning it felt as we knew him for years. Listened and guided us to what made our day perfect. We were blessed in coming across Rev. Phil and hope that others can share the same blessing.
    Renee Getting married on 02/09/2022

Rev. Phil Landers made our wedding ceremony special and memorable!

Choosing Rev. Phil Landers as our wedding officiant was the absolute best choice we could have made when we decided to plan our intimate wedding ceremony during COVID. He was extremely responsive, helped us choose our location, and really explained what to expect throughout the ceremony. The secret vows portion was sooo memorable and my favorite part of the entire day. We can't thank Rev. Phil enough for all he did to help us have a memorable wedding ceremony.!!!
    Jian Married on 01/03/2022

Professional, flexible, and communicative officiant

After extensive research we chose Phil to officiate our wedding. During COVID it was virtually impossible to get a time within two months at the Cook County court. Phil was very flexible and was able to officiate as soon as the following week. Phil was not only professional, had rich experience in all types of weddings, but also very communicative throughout our wedding: before the wedding he sent us a detailed list to walk through the process, and called me to make sure he has my name pronounced correctly; during the wedding he gave us a quick run through of the process so that our friends knew what to expect and could help take the best photos (honestly we had no idea about the process of western weddings before this); after the wedding he helped us with the scripts such that I can translate the wedding ceremony video and share with my family abroad. Overall he alleviated much stress from us throughout the process.
  • Garret
    Garret S. Married on 12/08/2021

A speech to remember

Rev. Phil had the perfect tailor made outline for our intimate setting. The assignment prior to our nuptials was a fantastic exercise to remind us why we do. During the ceremony Rev. Phil was a consummate profession, he delivered an eloquent and heartfelt speech keeping the audience fully engaged all while applying the perfect amount of humor and authenticity with his words. A true master of his craft, I would fully endorse Rev Phil's services to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience on their special day.
    Marta M. Married on 11/13/2021

Rev Phil did an amazing job

We planned our wedding less than a month in advance and rev Phil was quick to respond about what opening he had. He spent the time to have a facetime conversation with us and told us all he could do for us. We trusted him and it ended up being perfect. He helped us make sure we do everything on queue on the day of the ceremony. He also made the ceremony enjoyable and memorable. Multiple guest from the wedding came up to us and told us they enjoyed the ceremony because rev Phil made it fun and was thoughtful with his words. We would definitely highly recommend him to anyone! Thankks for everything rev Phil!
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin S. Married on 11/05/2021

Rev. Phil with I DO Weddings helped us create a perfect and memorable ceremony.

Rev. Phil with "I Do" Weddings was a blessing in disguise when my husband and I were looking for the right person to perform our wedding ceremony. Getting married outside of the church, we were unsure where to even begin when it came to finding an officiant, let alone planning the entire ceremony. As it turns out, Rev. Phil is exactly who we were looking for!

From our first conversations, it was clear that Rev. Phil was interested in getting to know us as a couple; our story, how we met, who is important in our lives. It really helped everything feel personal when it came to the ceremony. As far as the ceremony goes, Rev. Phil helped plan every detail which was a huge help to us, two people who have never planned a wedding ceremony before!

In the weeks leading up to the ceremony, we were able to review and revise the "script" so it was exactly what we wanted. Our communication was excellent and incredibly easy from day one. Before the ceremony, Rev. Phil helped us run through our ceremony at our rehearsal with both our families and the wedding party. We truly feel like this helped ease our stress and worry about our actual wedding day running smoothly with no hiccups.

On the day of our wedding, Rev Phil was definitely a calming presence and it was nice that he was truly a familiar face up at the altar. Our wedding guests raved in the days to follow about how beautiful and memorable the ceremony was. It was indefinitely our absolute favorite part of our day. My husband and I would highly recommend Rev. Phil to anyone who was looking for an officiant that is professional, seasoned in his craft, and will truly make your special day memorable and stress-free.
    Kimberly C. Married on 10/19/2021

Very professional and patient

He is the best at what he do. Fast reply never had a problem with him getting back to me.
    Rafek D. Married on 10/16/2021

Rev. Phil Rocks!

Rev. Phil did an amazing job at our wedding. I've received numerous comments regarding how great the ceremony was, which typically is not the case at weddings. He is extremely professional, and delivers a quality of service that won't disappoint!
  • Chania
    Chania Married on 10/09/2021

Worth it!!!

Phil was awesome. He was truly involved in the wedding and the story that got us there. He spent a lot of time getting to know us and listening to what we wanted in our ceremony. Our ceremony was so unique! Between the love story, secret loves for one another, and the overall atmosphere of the ceremony, I couldn’t ask for anything more!
  • David
    David M. Married on 09/25/2021

Surprise 25 anniversary recommitment of our vows

Rev Phil was much more than a preacher. He was my wedding planner for our 25 anniversary recommitment of our vows.
    I wanted this to be a surprise and have our daughter and son serve as the best man and maid of honor.
    We are approximately 6 hours from Chicago and our kids are also several hours away so coordinating the arrivals was a little tricky.
    Rev Phil assisted with the location in Chicago , music ,and details in the service.
    He suggested the education pavilion which worked fabulously. It is near the zoo in a garden area.
    Rev Phil then put me in touch with a violinist that was absolutely phenomenal.
    Being a person of detail which he is Rev Phil suggested perhaps a Champaign toast, excellent idea. My daughter took care of those details.
    He asked me our plans for the rest of the day, helping set the itinerary. His next suggestion was an architectural tour that was not only informative but very interesting. Come on a gorgeous day, mid 70s on the Chicago river with a narrative of the local buildings of interest. As a water person that was perfect for me and everyone else liked it also.
    When Tina and arrived I called my daughter to help que us for the wright time to arrive we walked around while everyone was getting in position, then we started towards the pavilion and Tina saw her kids standing there with Rev Phil, and the violinist. The look on Tina's face said all I needed to know, mission accomplished.
    This will be a take to the grave memory for all of us but it would never have been so special with out Rev Phil's guidance.
    Reena P. Married on 09/18/2021

Great Officiant

If you are looking for a unique ceremony Reverend Phil is your officiant! He will truly create a memorable experience for you and your partner as well as your guests. He crafts an engaging and special service that will enhance your special day. Reverend Phil crafted such a special ceremony that we will remember forever. You will not regret going with Reverend Phil !
  • Joe
    Joe G. Married on 09/04/2021

Rev Phil was wonderful and made our wedding truly memorable.

Rev Phil was wonderfully thoughtful and came through on all aspects of our wedding ceremony. We keep reflecting on what a phenomenal day our wedding was, and this was in no small part due to Rev Phil and his help! He made our ceremony a truly joyous occasion, telling our story and revealing details of our relationship in a way that set up really sweet, deeper conversations with all of our family and friends later that night. Rev Phil really made our day special (and well organized!) and it wouldn't have been the same without him.
    Klaudia K. Married on 09/03/2021

Rev. Phil Landers 10/10 Review

Rev. Phil Landers is a great and friendly officiant. He was very professional but knew how to make us comfortable and have fun! We dont speak the best of English and he allowed us to say our vowes in Polish, which we really appreciated. At the end of the wedding ceremony, he asked our daughter to translate because he loves hearing why people love each other. The awesome thing is we called him the day before and he agreed! He was flexible, and made it happen! We highly recommend him.
  • Cameron
    Cameron S. Married on 08/28/2021

Above and beyond expectations

Hiring Rev. Phil was the best decision we made for our wedding. Worth every penny we spent. On a stressful day when other things went wrong, our ceremony was perfect. That's because we had Rev. Phil taking care of it. He was flexible in accommodating our rescheduled pandemic wedding and fantastic in responding to emails. Even after the wedding, when there was a paperwork glitch with the county, he helped us get our marriage certificate. Rev Phil gets it.
    Ashley P. Married on 08/21/2021

Absolutely lovely ceremony!

Rev. Ryan made our wedding ceremony fantastic! Throughout the process, he was very dedicated to learning about our love story and conveying that love to our family during the ceremony. Our ceremony was conducted with heartfelt emotion. He made us and our guests laugh and cry and everyone commented on how beautiful our vows were due to the “secret love” he had coordinated. Even though we had a very small, intimate wedding, Rev Ryan gave us utmost attention in coordinating the ceremony, walking us through every step, and making our day beautiful. He even worked with our photographer and videographer to ensure they would capture the best moments during our wedding. I can’t say enough positive things ❤️
    Sharon H. Married on 08/15/2021

Perfect Service

Rev Phil was excellent. He was a great partner in planning the ceremony and make the day special, refreshingly new from other weddings and fun for the bride and groom as well as our guests. I couldn't imagine having gone through this day without Rev Phil's guidance, expertise and gentleness as a minister.
  • Cathy
    Cathy Married on 08/08/2021

Greatest Wedding Ceremony EVER! 08.08.21

Wedding Ceremony is very important to me- and Rev. Phil made it extra special! by adding Filipino traditions (Veil, Cord and Coins) and Unity Sand, while explaining every single of it which my guests appreciated esp we both come from different background. Our love story was a surprise to our guests, I hear giggles from them as well. My husband said; "everybody was crying and I was fighting back my tears so hard". We both like the UNPLUGGED Ceremony suggested by Rev. Phil., we feel like everyone was really present not just physically, and that's how everyone was touched and felt the emotions during the ceremony. It was beautiful and our guests kept talking about it and they said- it is one of a kind ceremony that will mark their heart! Most memorable ceremony for everyone!. Rev. Phil went above and beyond! Couldn't Thank him enough for the wonderful ceremony!
  • I
    Ioana I. Married on 08/06/2021

We had the best day because of Rev Phil. He saved our day

Rev Phil was one of the highlights of our wedding. in a year that nothing comes easy or is delayed we decided to move on with our weeding an keep the original date. june 20- the birthday of our son David. Everything was extremely beautiful and special- small ceremony- just us and the reverend followed by a garden party with our family. Reverend Phil was exceptional! He is a sweet person who made the marriage process so easy. He came on such a short notice- we have spoken with him with a day before- due to some misunderstanding we end up with no officiant and we had to do something fast in order to have the day as settled. We where so happy to hear that he was available. His kind words really got me:((( thank you again!!!
    Ryan N. Married on 08/06/2021

Amazing and Organized!

Rev. Phil was amazing and a pleasure to have for our small ceremony due to COVID-19. We were supposed to get married on 6/20/2020 and due to the pandemic we had to move around our ceremony to a later date and he was able to accommodate for that as well as be there for our makeshift ceremony on 6/20 with just our family. Did I mention this was also for no extra charge as well? I cannot wait to have him run our actual ceremony and see what everyone has to say about him.
    Anni M. Married on 07/31/2021

Wonderful Officiant

Rev. Phil went above and beyond in every way. I took a lot of time to decide who would officiate our wedding, as I'm sure many of you are doing now. Rev. Phil, from the first meeting, took the time to make our "love story" one to remember. I will forever cherish the words he spoke at our wedding, and multiple guests raved about how amazing the ceremony was. Guests were saying that they'd never been to a wedding like it! I attribute that to Rev. Phil. He listened to any concerns that I had and quickly remediated any issues I had with the script. It was heartwarming and funny. He was a joy to have at our wedding, and we will never forget him! He is worth the price 100%. You won't regret it!
    Takeya D. Married on 07/21/2021

AMAZING, nothing short of amazing!!!!!

Rev Phil was Absolutely AMAZING!! I'd recommend him any day.. Personal, thoughtful, and special pretty much sums up my experience. Thank you again!!
  • Karen
    Karen S. Married on 07/18/2021

Amazing Officiant

Rev Phil is the absolute BEST!! I researched officiants over seven years ago when I first fell in love with my now husband. I was so impressed with his approach and how he conducted his ceremonies. It took six years for my husband to propose and when he did I knew I had to find Rev. Phil again because I wouldn't want anyone else to perform my ceremony. We were married on July 18th, 2021 and Rev Phil performed our ceremony. He made everyone laugh and cry with the way he told our special story. He listened to our concerns and wishes and made changes where we wanted them. Our guests are still talking about how amazing he was. They said they have never been to a ceremony so beautiful. Our ceremony was the most important part of our day and Rev. Phil went above and beyond to deliver every expectation we had and then some. He made it special and heartwarming. We are so glad we chose him and will always cherish our ceremony not just because it was ours but also because of the way Rev. Phil made it all about us in a way that stood out from every other ceremony. We love him!!!! Thank you Rev. Phil. You are truly the best!!!
    Rachel M. Married on 07/15/2021

a memorable experience

Rev. Phil delivers on all that he says he will. The more open and truthful you our about your love story will greatly enhance the memorable experience that your family and guests will not soon forget.
  • Dale
    Dale W. Married on 07/12/2021

Phenomenal Rev. Phil

Rev. Phil presided at my daughter's wedding and he was PHENOMENAL! In preparing for the wedding, he obtained information on the bride and groom and families, which he used to personalize the wedding ceremony in a very entertaining but respectful manner. Everyone at the wedding loved him!