"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers Reviews

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 5
"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 6
"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 7

Vanessa · Married on 10/27/2018

If you want your ceremony to be amazing...

Phil was a real pleasure to work with, and gave our wedding the lovely ceremony we didn't know we needed. He did such a fantastic job, I never expected my ceremony to be the thing people are still talking about!
    He was very flexible and patient with us, we came to him 16 days before the wedding and it was meant to be he had our date open. We met right away and started building a ceremony plan. I was very impressed with his attention to detail and he wanted to know us both as a couple and individuals.
    Phil really was a very patient man, our bridal party had a very small window to meet for a rehearsal. We were willing to let it go when he suggested we could do a small quick one in our hotel suite the night before! He really went out of his way to make sure each member had a clear idea of what to do and how to do it. All of my bridal party was very impressed by this, several of my married friends were jealous of our coordination.
    Wedding day arrived and well lets just say people forgot things and people we're very late! Our ceremony started something like 45 minuets late maybe more (not sure, I was stressed). But when I got to the alter and Phil started the ceremony all the stress went away. We listened to his words and he guided us through the whole thing. Our ceremony consisted of some very sweet and personal touches that most officiants might not take the time to do. He engaged our guests and kept their attention. I was so surprised after the ceremony my friends and family telling me how they were brought to tears by the ceremony. It felt great to have such compliments and I hope to pass them all on to Phil.
    I would recommend Philip to anyone looking for an officiant. Be prepared to spend a little more, but if you want your wedding to be a true celebration of you joining together in marriage this will be worth it. I spent a lot of my time worrying about what decor would impress my guests or what food to feed them, but after all is said and done the wedding is about your love for one another, and that is what your guests should really focus on. Everything else is just icing on the cake!
    Philip Landers brought the focus on us and set a great tone for the rest of the evening. I couldn't have asked for more.
    He is one of those true professionals you don't come across everyday.
    It really was a pleasure to work with him.

• Theresa

Theresa · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Officiant Ever!

My husband and I cannot thank Rev. Phil enough! Our ceremony was so perfect we will remember it forever. Besides the two, two hour meetings Rev. Phil had with us, he also responded almost immediately to every email and text we had to get every detail our of ceremony perfect. His style of ceremony is so unique and beautiful all of our guests were completely engaged and were laughing and crying the entire time. Our quests are still gushing over how well done the ceremony was and so many said best ceremony ever! Do not let the money stop you, yes you want a great party, but the ceremony is so important and you will never regret the service you get from Rev. Phil. He does not just work with the couple, he also sends everything to the photographer and dj and any other vendor that needs to know every part of the ceremony so that everyone knows where to be when and no one misses a moment. We also were very happy with Rev. Phil's assistant, Shelby who was there for our rehearsal. We had a great connection with Rev. Phil from the day we met him and knew that he cared about our story and our wedding and made our day absolutely perfect!

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 9
    "I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 10

Josh · Married on 10/07/2018

Rev. Phil made our special day memorable. He was able to tell our story to our friends and family in a way that both made people cry and laugh. It was awesome to have family come up at the end and tell us we have an awesome love story. Well worth it.

James · Married on 09/16/2018

Rev Phil performed our ceremony just as we expected. Everything went as planned.

• Paige

Paige · Married on 09/14/2018

Rev. Phil! Where do we begin? We came to him with a unique request - we wanted to to fuse our Christian and Hindu faiths. Not only was he willing to help us but he really went above and beyond in making sure what we envisioned was well orchestrated and organized. Thank you Rev Phil - our ceremony was certainly one to remember : )

Anthony · Married on 09/08/2018

Rev. Phil was an essential piece to our wedding that we wouldn’t have even known we were missing. From organizing the ceremony, providing a complete script, and giving fantastic attention to detail for the perfect photos, our wedding would not have been complete without him. We received an overwhelming amount of compliments on how great of a job Rev. Phil did during the ceremony. We met Rev. Phil a few months before our wedding, but during the ceremony it appeared as though he had known us for years. His constant contact with us leading up to the wedding, hours of his time per week, made both of us feel confident that the ceremony would be one we cherish forever. Rev. Phil’s ability to capture the audience’s heart and bring tears of laughter and joy to us and our guests was a key reason we one hundred percent would recommend him to any couple looking for that extra special touch on their day. When we first met with Rev. Phil the pricing was more than “The Knot” told us to budget for an officiant. However, after reading reviews on our own time, meeting and talking with him in person, it made our decision that much easier. His years of experience doing weddings almost every single weekend makes it almost relaxing to talk to him. We put our trust in someone we did not know to make our day special, and we were not disappointed. If we had to go back and do it all over again, that is one decision we would not change.

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 11
    "I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 18
    "I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 19
    "I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 20

Justine · Married on 09/01/2018

Ref Phil was great to work with! His service on our wedding day was everything we were looking for: personal, funny, sincere, attention grabbing, and overall entertaining. Our guests were interested the entire time and laughing along with all of us as he shared our personal story with a few comedic pauses and lines thrown in. Rev Phil is slightly more expensive than other officiants, but he is definitely worth it; you pay for what you get. With Rev Phil you get a personalized service and he takes the time to get your story exactly the way you want it to be told. He is always available by email and phone to work with you!

Kristen · Married on 09/01/2018

Reverend Phil was amazing! He is funny, entertaining, enthusiastic, caring, etc. he really made this process fairly easy but was really able to make it something unique and memorable for us!

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 21

Colleen · Married on 08/10/2018

If you want more out of your wedding officiant than someone just showing up, doing a quick service then leaving, book Reverend Phil Landers. He reached out to us many times during the planning process and made us feel at ease. He is very well organized and will make your ceremony much warmer, unique and personalized than the average ceremony. Well worth it!

Katie · Married on 08/10/2018

Great communication. Very well organized. Didn't have to worry about much of anything at my ceremony. Sending our vows to him and him reading them aloud made for a great ceremony twist and my husband and I felt less anxious! Overall, beautiful ceremony.

Chelsea Fayta · Married on 08/04/2018

Best Ever!

Rev. Phil officiated our ceremony on Saturday, and it was simply perfect! As he promises, we laughed, we cried, and everyone was entertained. During our cocktail hour and reception, every person I talked to raved about our ceremony. Some comments we received were: "That was the best ceremony I've ever been to!", "I've known you two for so long but never knew how you met, it was so cool getting to listen to your love story!", and "You're officiant is awesome!".

When choosing an officiant I knew I wanted something different than a standard ceremony, but didn't know it was really possible until we met with Rev. Phil - and I am so thankful he was available! During our wedding planning process, I never worried about our ceremony because I knew Rev. Phil would do a great job and he ended up exceeding my expectations.

If you're looking for an officiant, just call Rev.Phil - he will make the most important part of your wedding perfect!

Lena · Married on 07/14/2018

Rev. Phil Landers did an amazing job as our wedding officiant. He took the time to learn about us and our story, and delivered a touching and funny message that captured the essence of our journey. We felt that he really cared about us and our wedding. He worked with us throughout the process, giving us a lot of great wedding advice and answering all our questions. As I read through the ceremony summary that Rev. Phil delivered beforehand, I couldn’t help crying. I read through it a few more times to keep from being too emotional during the wedding. My husband and I could not have asked for a more wonderful ceremony. Many of our guests told us how much fun it was. One guest told us he wants his future wedding to be exactly like ours. We highly recommend Rev. Phil Landers as an officiant for anyone looking for a unique and memorable ceremony.

Saria · Married on 07/07/2018

Reverend Phil provided excellent service and professionalism. He was organized, quick to respond to any questions, and helped us stay on track. During our planning we met with Reverend Phil several times, he took the time to go through every detail and guide us with helpful tips. He provided ceremony text ahead of time for us to review and make any changes. Our ceremony was completely customized based on our “love story” … it was simply beautiful, he truly captured our love for one another! We received many compliments from our guest.

Mr. & Mrs. Wilson

Peter · Married on 06/30/2018

Rev. Phil was absolutely phenomenal! My wife and I couldn't have asked for a better officiant. Our guests were engaged the entire ceremony. Rev. Phil is a great storyteller/writer and takes the time to sincerely get to know you to make this possible. Rev. Phil makes sure that every detail is absolutely perfect, and that's what makes him a true professional. He made our ceremony the highlight of the day!

sonia · Married on 06/24/2018

We feel blessed, great, nice, wonderful ceremony. we hearths are filled with gratitude.

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 22
    "I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 23
    "I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 24
    "I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 25

Gabby · Married on 06/09/2018

Rev. Phil was absolutely AMAZING! He was the best and super organized which was a HUGE plus for me. He did our ceremony just a couple of weeks ago (June 9). We found him through some Google searching and then saw all of the positive reviews on WeddingWire so we decided to contact him and schedule a meeting. We knew we didn't want to have an ordinary ceremony and since we are not very religious we wanted to find someone who did a little something different. Rev. Phil did exactly that! We met with him and booked him immediately. DO NOT let the fact that you don't know his price right of the bat deter you from meeting him. It is a little more than what you might see with other officiants but it is 100% worth it. We didn't even think about the price because we knew that he would make our wedding ceremony special and you can't put a price on that. He was great to work with and responded to emails in a timely fashion. By the time our wedding rolled around, we had multiple emails going back and forth with our ceremony script and we were confident and didn't have to worry about anything going into our wedding. The ceremony was amazing and Rev. Phil made it so much more special by sharing our love story and giving us the ceremony we wanted. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant and who wants something unique and different for their ceremony. Our guests were engaged, laughing and were not bored throughout the ceremony at all. It was exactly what we wanted and if you are looking for an officiant for your wedding, then Rev. Phil is the BEST choice!!

Erin · Married on 05/19/2018

When looking for an officiant to marry us, we never expected to find someone who could make our ceremony so personal. That is exactly what Reverend Phil did. From our first meeting with Rev. Phil, we could tell how much he loved his work.
    We always felt we were in great hands with Rev. Phil, he was extremely responsive, provided great tips and links for any questions we had. The day of the rehearsal Rev. Phil made sure to have everyone’s attention because he wanted our wedding to be just as perfect as we did.
    The ceremony was absolutely AMAZING. Rev. Phil did not miss a beat. He kept the guest engaged and told our love story perfectly. It is not an exaggeration to say that every guest we spoke to said they had never been to a ceremony as personal as ours and it was the best they had experienced.
    He was such a big part of making our day memorable that we knew we wanted him as a guest at our reception, and he even did our blessing. Rev. Phil is not there just to marry he will be part of your journey if you ever need advice.
    Professional, organized, passionate, caring, PERSONAL are just a few words to describe Reverend Phil. My husband and I are extremely happy we had Reverend Phil pronounce us husband and wife.

Albert · Married on 05/05/2018

Rev. Phil was amazing to work with and made our wedding memorable not only for us but our guests! The entire planning process was painless though detailed and made for a seamless, flowing and extremely personal ceremony. Every possible contingency/detail was thought of and when something happened on the venue's end, Rev. Phil seamlessly kept things going. All our guests raved (and we agree, obviously) that it was one the best and most entertaining/engaging ceremonies they'd ever been to.

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 26

Jolise · Married on 04/20/2018

We used Rev Phil as our wedding officiant in April 2018. When looking for an officiant we wanted something different for the ceremony, something not drawn out and boring, and Rev Phil provided us with just that. Our guests were engaged, laughing, and really enjoyed the ceremony. So many of our guests came to us after the ceremony to tell us how much they loved it and how funny it was. I was told many times that they've never seen a ceremony like that (especially the unity beer), and how entertaining it was. Rev Phil is extremely organized, takes care of most of the ceremony for you, and ensures your ceremony goes off without a hitch. He may cost a bit more than other officiants, but he is worth every penny.

Jacqueline · Married on 03/28/2018

Rev Phil was great,funny,sweet and was on top of things for such short notice .

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 27

Valerie · Married on 02/10/2018

Rev Phil was awesome and having a "personalized" ceremony was exactly what we were looking for. All of our friends and family LOVED the ceremony and talked about it for days after.

Jennfier · Married on 11/11/2017

Rev Phil did an amazing job on our ceremony!
    It was well planned and crafted and his delivery was spot on.
    He did a great job with following up with us when things were due to ensure that we stayed on a good timeline.
    Our friends and family were entertained and it made for a memorable experience.
    We're very happy with his service and the outcome of our ceremony. What a great day!

We highly recommend Rev Phil! Thanks again!

"I Do" Weddings with Rev. Phil Landers 28

Taylor · Married on 11/10/2017

Rev. Phil did our ceremony last week and I couldn't even begin to tell you how perfect our day was! We had a small ceremony and wanted the perfect amount of romance and fun, Rev Phil completely nailed it! He was responsive to all our emails and extremely prepared. We highly recommend him!

janet · Married on 11/05/2017

No doubt, Rev Phil is the best wedding officiant in Chicago. He is very professional and outstanding. He really spend his time with us through out the wedding planning. He is well organized and detailedly oriented. I'm truly impressed with his work and talent. I'm glad we had a lot of laughter and no boring moments during the entire ceremony. My wedding guests even remembered some simple details of our love story when the MC quizzes them during the wedding games. Rev Phil made our wedding ceremony so unique and unforgettable. Thank you Rev Phil!