I do Islands Reviews

32 Reviews for I do Islands

• Kate

Kate Hendrickson · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Wedding Planner in Jamaica

Looking for a wedding planner in Jamaica? Look no further - Kimmy was a complete professional. She is patient and extremely organized - two very important skills in a wedding planner. One of the biggest assets of hiring Kimmy to plan and organize your wedding in Jamaica is her connections with all the vendors. She will help you with every single aspect of your wedding and leave no stone unturned. From getting you competitive quotes, to handling your vendors, to coming up with solutions - she can do it all. Would highly recommend if you want a stress-free wedding day!!

Sent on 03/27/2020

Natasha Chang · Married on 02/08/2020

Wonderfully enjoyable

As a bride that doesn’t reside in Jamaica, Kimberly made every aspect of my wedding experience enjoyable. She was very organized, connected and patient.
    Herself and her team were very knowledgeable and gave wonderful advise.
    On my wedding day, she was there with me every step of the way, with both ceremony and reception going with out a hitch. Any changes or last min adjustments (on our part) Kimberly was able to execute with ease.
    Truly enjoyed working with her and her team!

Sent on 04/21/2020

Tasmin Pragnell · Married on 11/16/2019

Fantastic experience!

Kimmy and the I do Islands team made the best day of my life better than I could have imagined.
    All I had to do was live in the moment and everything else was taken care of.
    Every element that we wanted was delivered with practical tips and short cuts making the whole process a million times easier. Thanks!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Paula

Paula Benjamin · Married on 05/11/2019

We had the time of our lives.

From our first consultation to our actual wedding day, Kimberly Wong and her team provided invaluable help & guidance EVERY step of the way. We were ecstatic when Kimberly and talented decorator Melanie Miller teamed up to bring our vision to life. By using their expert skills and with their FLAWLESS execution, they made it possible for us to exchange our vows on top of an infinity edge pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Our friends & family are still raving about how wonderful and memorable our destination wedding was! We could not have done it without the amazing team at I Do Islands. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a creative, conscientious and knowledgeable Wedding Planning team who will go the extra mile to make your day special.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2019

Better than I could have imagined!

Living on the opposite side of the planet to where you are planning a wedding is extremely difficult, but having the I do islands team to guide us and help us get exactly what we wanted made, quite literally, a world of a difference. With excellent communication and flexibility, they helped us have our dream wedding.
    Thank you so much !

Sent on 01/11/2020

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

We did not even have to think about what rating to provide! The I Do Islands Tean is the absolute best! We had a fabulous day and the I Do Islands Team made sure of that from beginning to end!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Jo · Married on 07/08/2018

We cannot thank Kimmie enough she was truly amazing she made our day magical nothing is too much trouble and her recommendations were awesome whatever you need she will get for you we were so lucky to have her recommend to us by another happy client whilst we were holidaying in Jamaica let her make your dream wedding come true!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Marissa · Married on 03/16/2018

We knew we made the right choice in hiring Kimberly, but we didn't realize what a gifted planner she is until we arrived in Jamaica. Oh. My. Goodness. Along with 18 of our guests, we stayed at a private villa which was also the venue of our ceremony. Situated in the Jamaican hills with 360 degree views of Montego Bay and the Jamaican countryside, the property offered so many unique backdrops for our special event. Kimmy coordinated many activities for us leading up to the wedding - a family meet and greet at a rustic, Caribbean-style, beach-side restaurant, a rehearsal dinner on a house boat grill, she even prepared gift bags on our behalf for our guests who had traveled so far.
    As for Kimmy's team - I'm not sure that there is a more seasoned, talented group in the business. The driver, Richard, was such a personable, patient man, with a contagious enthusiasm for the island-style life. The wedding decorator, Melanie, was an answered prayer - in that she took a handful of vision-board photos and transformed them into a more elegant reality than I could've ever imagined. Kimmy herself, did so much on our wedding date - making sure people were in the right place at the right time, adjusting my dress and providing welcome insight to create the perfect shot, picking up lunch for the group as the villa was busy preparing the reception meal. We continue to feast on memories of that special week and will be forever grateful for Kimberly Wong and the fantasy wedding that she created.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Tara · Married on 02/24/2018

Planning a wedding in Jamaica from New York for 150 people was a daunting challenge in and of itself - not to mention the venue was a remote location on top of a hill, at a house with no infrastructure to host an event of this scale. Kimmie immediately put our minds at ease and assured us she would be able to pull it off. Leveraging her extensive experience and trusted team of vendors across the island, she planned and executed our wedding brilliantly. We could NOT have done this without her. During the months and weeks leading up to the big day, we were in constant communication and she spent as long as we needed to address our concerns, problem solve with us and reassure us that everything would work out. Having someone in our court every step of the way was incredibly supportive. On the week of the event, she was fully activated and handled a number of extraordinary, last minute challenges on her own reporting back only when it was absolutely necessary - she has great judgement, she is very professional, and our family and friends were singing her praises by the end of the weekend. We couldn't recommend her enough - you are in good hands with Kimmie and her team!

Photos from our wedding: https://www.brides.com/story/a-stunning-wedding-weekend-in-jamaica

Sent on 06/03/2018

Alissa · Married on 02/02/2018

Kimmy was the "calm during the storm" on our wedding day, allowing my husband Jason and I to focus on simply enjoying each and every moment of the day without any worry or concern for what may have been going on behind the scenes. We are beyond grateful to Kimmy and her team for helping to make our wedding planning and execution such a beautiful and fun experience and can confidently say she is the best in the business.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Christina · Married on 01/29/2018

My fiancé and I had a short 4 month engagement, and really only started planning our destination wedding in Jamaica 2.5 months before the big day. Thank goodness a family member recommended Kimmy. From our initial conversation, she was professional, warm and down-to-earth, but perhaps most importantly - genuinely enthusiastic about helping us plan our big day. We liked her immediately! Once we got started, she wasted no time making fantastic recommendations and putting us in touch with vendors. We knew wedding planning was going to be stressful, period. And by any measure, wedding planning from another country with 2.5 months to go should have caused all sorts of breakdowns. But, with Kimmy on our team we didn't worry much. And, as invaluable as she was during the planning process, she was even more key on our big day. We received several "best wedding ever" comments from our guests, and we were able to actually enjoy our day while Kimmy somehow inconspicuously ran the show in the background. If anything went wrong, we never knew about it because Kimmy was always calm, cool, and collected. She is firm and assertive (mega-important to stay on schedule) while maintaining a friendly demeanour. It's a balance that so few people seem to possess. She truly went above and beyond for us. Our venue was cliffside and we took several photos on the rocks (some of which were quite sharp), but Kimmy was right there with us making sure everything was perfect. From handing me my lip gloss when I needed it, to saving a family heirloom I thought I had lost, she did it all. She made quite the impression on our family and friends, and even some of the vendors commented on how amazing she was. I could go on and on. Simply put, Kimmy is PHENOMENAL and any couple would be incredibly lucky to have her on their team. We can't recommend her enough! Thanks Kimmy, you're the best!!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Rebecca · Married on 01/27/2018

I have no problem admitting that I am a little OCD and a control freak... so handing over control on my wedding day and then being able to relax was not something I thought was going to be easy. But with Kim and her team on the case I was truly able to do that. Every step of the way she was there for advice and support. I knew she understood my vision and how I wanted things to go, and it happened seamlessly, or at least it appeared that way to me on the day. I honestly had the time of my life and I cannot express how much that is down to the I Do Islands team. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2017

Kimmy was amazing! I felt like she almost read my mind when it come to things I needed or how I was feeling or when I needed stuff done. She really was my rock on my wedding day, and I think the most important thing on your big day is feeling comfortable and confident.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Kimberley · Married on 12/22/2017

Kimmy is an absolute boss! My husband and I now reside in the UK, but our hearts (and families) remain in Jamaica and Kimmy helped us to navigate the sometimes stressful road to our destination wedding. She kept us on track during the planning period, really listened to the view we had of what we wanted and worked with our vendors to bring the vision to life. If anything went wrong on my wedding day, I still do not know about it!! Kimmy had a detailed itinerary ready and made sure we stuck to it. She even kept my lip gloss on her person during the night and constantly checked in with me. Simon and I truly cannot say how thankful we are that Kimmy was our wedding planner, she is simply amazing at what she does.

Sent on 02/23/2018

danielle · Married on 11/25/2017

Kimmy was extremely helpful and accomodating. Well organized and on point!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Rosie · Married on 11/04/2017

I used Kimmy for coordinating only. She really helped to make the day less stressful for everyone. She is very personable, detailed and on point. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Tamira · Married on 07/31/2017

We had a non-traditional wedding at a villa in Ocho Rios. We wanted something simple, with a truly Caribbean feel, since my family is Trinidadian. Given that we are living in Toronto, Kimmy really came through by recommending the best vendors (and the best prices). I can safely say we had the best decor/food/DJ/alco service and staff for the event. Moreover, we stayed within our budget (yes!), and that included a party the next day.
    Kimmy was great to work with. She is extremely busy with tons of other weddings throughout the year, but she always gets back to you within a reasonable amount of time. She is well organised and professional throughout the entire planning period.
    By far her greatest strength is her day-of execution and pulling everything together. She always has a solution for whatever issue might arise and she is there for the bride and groom. She will check in throughout the night-- "did you eat?", "can i get anything for you?", which is a great personal touch when things are overwhelming.
    We were truly happy working with Kimmy. If we ever had another event in Jamaica she would be the first person we call.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Tammy · Married on 07/08/2017

Kimmy was simply AMAZING. If you want to be able to relax on your wedding day and enjoy it without worrying about the many things that need to get done, then you need to hire Kimmy. She is super organized, down to the details. She writes a schedule for the day, sends to all involved and does whatever is needed to stick to that schedule. Everything went so smoothly at our wedding. She thinks of everything. She even had a bag handy with things I needed for the night, like lipstick to reapply. She was very attentive over all and gave special focus to the things that were very important to us. Besides her talent, she is also a warm and pleasant person to be around and a joy to work with. I can't say enough about Kimmy, I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/25/2017
  • F

Francesca · Married on 05/13/2017

Kimberly Wong is without a doubt the best wedding planner a bride could ever ask for. She has the perfect personality for a wedding planner! She kept me calm and feeling positive during the entire wedding planning process. Kimberly was extremely organized and efficient and always managed to contribute creative solutions along the way. She helped us plan a destination wedding in Jamaica, which couldn’t have been more perfect. I wish I could relive my wedding day all over again it was a surreal experience, and it flowed so nicely. I have to say a big part of my success was having Kimberly as my planner. If you have her on your team you’re already at an advantage.

Sincerely,
    Francesca Rivera

Sent on 07/24/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/20/2016

I had the pleasure of working with Kimmy to plan my wedding and I must say I was very impressed with her work ethic. She was very professional, organized, paid attention to detail and maintained effective communication with me throughout the process. I was clueless about planning weddings and Kimmy' s expertise set the foundation for a succesful execution on the day.

Her warm and friendly demeanor made me feel very comfortable with her and I felt at ease knowing that all bases were covered.

Keep up the good work Kimmy you did a fantastic job and your lovely personality was definitely a bonus.

All the best!
    Steph

Sent on 07/28/2017

Julie · Married on 08/07/2016

I could not have asked for a better wedding planner!

I heard about Kimberly through a friend and gave her a random call to tell her I'm looking for a wedding planner and considering my options. She asked a few questions and I told her my expectations, venue choices, general ideas and most importantly what were my dealbreakers when choosing a venue. She listened and told me to take my time and to ensure I was happy with whatever choice I made.

Two days later she called me to let me know that she spoke with the necessary persons at my number one choice of venue and she just wanted to let me know that she discussed the "dealbreakers" and they agreed to them all and if I chose that venue for my wedding (with or without her as the wedding planner) she would still put in that word for me as it was not things they usually allow.

My decision was made!

Kimberly sat with my family and me for 8 months planning a 4 day indian wedding. It was 7 different events spread out across 4 days. She helped me to package my invitations, to coordinate decorations, to negotiate rates, to barter with the venue, she fed me because my hands had henna, she even helped me to pee when I couldn't manage to lift up my dress alone!

She became a member of my family and not once did she lose her cool and make me regret my choice. She was always smiling, always responsive to my emails and messages (no matter the time of night) and she made my dream a reality.

I could not have asked for a better wedding planner who is now one of my dearest friends.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Alexis · Married on 07/30/2016

We couldn't have asked for a more amazing person to help us pull off our wedding day! Thank you Kimmy for being the most organized and well prepared coordinator we could have ever asked for! Nothing went without thought and exquisite planning.

I haven't stopped recommending you to all my friends who are getting engaged!...its been non stop!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...a million times over!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Leah · Married on 12/19/2015

Talk about through and responsiveness!! Definitely happy I used Kimberley as she helped take the stress out of the day and truly helped me focus on enjoying my day and the moments!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Kyanne · Married on 02/28/2015

The service provided was impeccable. Personal, thoughtful, detailed and professional yet heartwarming. It was really exactly what I wanted. My day would not have been the same without her and I am forever grateful!

Sent on 08/01/2017