i do Events Reviews

45 | Anchorage, AK

45 Reviews for i do Events

• Bethany

Bethany Fraser · Getting married on 02/07/2021

The wedding planner you've been searching for..

Where to begin... Lorell is absolutely AMAZING!!! She is personable, professional, hard working, and helpful beyond words. Hiring Lorell was hands down our best wedding related decision, besides getting married of course :) From day one she provided us with a priceless experience. She met with me monthly and assigned tasks to assure that we were on track with planning. She helped us find a band and a DJ that were the perfect fit. Come the week of our wedding, she had everything under control. She coordinated deliveries between vendors, got everything set up (and looking beautiful), and assured that the activities of the day went along smoothly. Not to mention all of the set up and take down that she did for our wedding. So much work. We are very thankful that we had her!!! She is detail oriented and highly organized. She thinks quick on her feet if and when plans need to be adapted. She makes herself available to you, and is always prompt to respond to any question or concern. She has a wealth of knowledge in the field, and it shows. She knows what she is doing, and she is good at it. We cannot say enough positive things about her. If you are considering hiring a wedding planner, look no further! If you don't think you need a wedding planner, reconsider! ;) i do Events helped to enhance our wedding experience and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 12/22/2019

i do Events's reply:

Bethany, you were absolutely AMAZING too! Thank you so much for the kind words and give my best to your family! Hugs!

Melissa Fall · Married on 04/01/2020

She is amazing!

I don’t even know where to begin, Chris and I are extremely grateful for everything Lorell did for the wedding. Our wedding would not have been the same without her by our sides. She helped us navigate through planning a wedding by ensuring we had reasonable goals throughout the process and holding us to them. The amount of things to do could have easily been overwhelming but Lorell was able to lay out items in a way that made everything seem reasonable. My favorite memory, among many, is when we called our DJ and he said “Lorell has been asking me if you guys have gotten in touch with me yet.” HA. We tended to procrastinate on some things but Lorell made sure we stayed on top of our to do lists whether we knew it or not!  I knew I made the right choice in wedding planners from our first meeting at Starbucks! Lorell is extremely personable and professional and she gets things done!! I love that we gained a friend through all of this and I highly recommend hiring Lorell!!

Sent on 05/06/2020

Courtnee · Married on 07/13/2019

Lorell's attention to detail is the reason we hired her for our "day of" coordinator. She provided the same wonderful service that I've seen her provide to other couples over and over again. She kept everyone (bride/groom AND the entire family) calm the day of the wedding, even though there were numerous last minute changes (on my end)! The overall look of the event came out just how we'd envisioned it. We honestly cannot think of anything the we were displeased with throughout the entire process. Lorell communicated with all of our vendors, and made sure everyone was on the same page. Also, must mention that coming home from the honeymoon to all of the organized left over decor made the sorting/clearing out process stress free! Having seen Lorell work on many different types of events, we highly recommend her for any occasion--she will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 10/17/2014
  • Kristin

Kristin Kozler · Married on 07/13/2019

Lorell relieves all the worries and made our day run perfectly smooth-

So grateful to have Lorell guide us through our wedding- she is a total professional and made it possible for everyone to enjoy the day. She had easy solutions to all of our questions and completely pulled our beautiful ceremony together like a perfectly choreographed dance. She was always available when we needed her and put us all at ease!! Love her ❤️

Sent on 08/15/2019

Heather Haneline · Married on 07/05/2019

Don’t try to throw a wedding without her!

I’m a total perfectionist and a bit of a control freak, so I will admit that I was nervous about “turning over the reigns” on our wedding day. But hiring Lorell as our week of coordinator allowed me to really be present with my out of town guests the week before the wedding and during the reception. And, Lorell is just as detail oriented as I am (ok...more), so she made sure every little detail I had envisioned came together perfectly. Your wedding is probably one of the biggest parties you’ll ever throw, so don’t try to do it alone! Lorell will make sure everything happens seamlessly so that you and your spouse can just enjoy.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Erin · Married on 06/21/2019

Personalized, Professional, Unfussy Wedding Planning

I had such a fantastic experience with Lorell. My situation was needing to have a fairly large, fancy wedding without knowing the first thing about weddings. Lorell gave me all the advice and information I needed without pushing anything on me. Lorell is very knowledgeable about local vendors and has good relationships with venues, photographers, caterers, etc. She found a florist for me that was incredible for a low cost. Lorell was always available to me, even after my wedding, and her software was very helpful and easy to use. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Mercedes Angerman · Married on 05/11/2019

A must for any event!

If you can do one thing to take the edge off your wedding day, hire i do! Events I am a planner and a bit of a control freak, but as I got deeper into coordinating my own wedding, I knew I didn't want to spend the "day of" running around worrying about details. Thank goodness Lorrell was available on my special day and she was worth every penny! She worked with my vendors, had the schedules down pat, kept everyone on point, helped me when I was frazzled.... I just can't say enough!

I can't imagine how my day would have gone without her. I was able to relax and enjoy myself until I walked towards the man I'm spending the rest of my life with. Who wouldn't want that? I knew everything was taken care of and in the perfect hands with i do! Events. Lorrell is top-notch, her reputation second to none, and a fun person to be around too! Don't hesitate! Give her a call. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Eva · Married on 09/01/2018

Best Investment Ever!

When beginning to plan our wedding we were indecisive about our need for a wedding planner. Is it worth spending that extra money? Can’t we do it ourselves? Working with Lorell of I do Events was 100% the best investment of our entire wedding. Not only is she a highly-accomplished event coordinator, but she is also a fantastic human being. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! There was nothing that I would go back and change thanks to Lorell. If you want a stress free flawless wedding hire I do Events, she will not disappoint.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Monica · Married on 08/18/2018

Lorell was amazing! Hiring her was the best thing I did for my sanity preparing for the wedding and the day itself. She made sure everything was well coordinated and set up and I didn't have to worry about anything. I just had to show up and get married! We are all impressed with her hard work! I highly recommend her if you are planning to get married, she is the best!!!

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Y

Ying · Married on 07/29/2018

Having a wedding almost 4000miles away from home seemed scary at first, but Lorell made the entire experience from planning to the actual big day worry free. She communicated responsively throughout the process and did a perfect job coordinating the wedding day. Lorell feels like a good friend that you can trust, she understands you and cares about what you really want, more importantly she has the ability to resolve any problems/worries that come your way. We’re truly grateful with everything she did for us!!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Angelica · Married on 07/14/2018

Lorell helped us create a beautiful wedding day and we definitely could not have done it without her. Initially I had to talk my husband into hiring an event planner, but in the end he agreed it was the best decision we made. We had so little stress the week of our wedding because Lorell handled everything - the final check-ins with the vendors, the timeline, the setup. The day of our wedding all we had to do was show up. The venue looked amazing, everyone knew where to be and what to do (both the vendors and the wedding party) and at the end of the night she even packed up our car with the leftover food and decorations. Everything went smoothly and there was zero drama. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/03/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2018

Ensured the success of our wedding!

ido events just made everything easy and ensured that everything went to plan (and when they didn't they turned out even better than expected!). We hired Lorell to set up our wedding and to be the coordinator on the day of the wedding. She took all the stress out of the day.... and took my vision for decorating the venue and make it better then I could have dreamed of.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Miranda · Married on 06/16/2018

All of the good words in this world put together is the perfect description of “I do! Events”!! If you are hoping for a stress free wedding day, contact Lorell ASAP, her and her team know exactly what they are doing. Choosing to have a planner was a good decision on our end, but choosing I do events was an absolute blessing! I truly do not believe that mine and my husbands wedding would have been what it was without her. Lorell is so accommodating, sincere, and understanding! She responds quickly to emails, phone calls and texts. Not only did we get a great wedding planner but I feel as if we gained a new friend! Any future party planning or events I might need assistance with, she’s going to be my first contact, and always my only recommendation!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Anna · Married on 06/09/2018

First, if you are still thinking whether you need a wedding planner - yes, you do!! It was the best decision we made. Not only did it keep my wedding organized, but it eliminated a lot of stress on the most important day - the actual wedding day!
    Lorell and her assistant made our wedding day as stress-free as it could be! Lorell is very pleasant, she has many ideas and suggestions, which helped us with planning. Some ideas is something we would've never thought of. She was also able to save us money by reccomending against a specific planning and she was so right. During the wedding, her and the assistant were invisible, yet their help was felt in each and every step -from adjusting my dress to keeping the time schedule on track. She decorated everthing exactly how I wanted and everything looked so wonderful. After the wedding, we didn't even have to worry about taking decorations down-it all magically appeared at our house, well packed and clean, vendors got their items back on-time. We really enjoyed having Lorell helping us with our big day, she has wonderful personality and knows how to make the day better!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Brianne · Married on 12/09/2017

I don't typically give people '5 Stars' but i Do Events deserves them all. The service, professionalism and understanding was beyond appreciative. My husband and I used i Do Events for their "Day of Coordination" and we do not regret a single penny, and would do it again. The flow, and support was impeccable - sending a big thanks for helping us with our big day!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Brittney · Married on 10/31/2017

Lorell is amazing, organized, on-top of everything that is needed and does a terrific job at being connected with the bride and groom! I love that she is totally flexible, helpful and always communicating with us, even if it's just checking in how things are in our lives<3
    It was pretty impressive how everything was done smoothly and in-synch with planning our wedding, while we lived 720 miles away from the wedding location AND our wedding planner.
    We highly recommend Lorell's services- at I do Events, for any event you need help coordinating from start to finish.
    We hope to work with her again!!
    #WonderWoman #100 #amazing #THANKYOU #dowhatyoulove

Julian & Brittney Ferreras
    Barrow, Alaska
    Married Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Sent on 11/12/2017
  • Sept2017AKBride

Hope · Married on 09/15/2017

We have hired Lorell for our day of coordinating. While I am still over a year out from the wedding I can already tell this was the best decision I have made so far in the process. I have emailed questions and had timely responses. I know that when my day arrives I will be able to relax and enjoy the every moment as I have left the details to this very capable person.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Susan · Married on 09/02/2017

If you want to have the best wedding ever then definately hire Lorell. She is professional, friendly, caring, and talented! She has great ideas and you will be able to relax and have fun knowing you have the best in the business taking care of all the behind the scenes details. You will be so happy you hired her!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Matthew · Married on 07/22/2017

Lorell was a invaluable asset to our wedding. She is so well organized and keeps you on top of your tasks. Her resourcefulness is second to none and she is willing to help you in any way she can to achieve your dream wedding. We would highly reccomend her to anyone who has a upcoming wedding.

Sent on 02/17/2018

breanna · Married on 06/24/2017

Lorell was just amazing throughout the entire wedding planning process. Every time I felt like I was getting stressed over little things here and there, she was always there to reassure me everything was going to be ok. Thank you for such a wonderful stress free day!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Sharifa · Married on 06/03/2017

My now husband and I started planning our wedding as soon as we got engaged; we knew we would have a long engagement due to me being in school. We looked around for a wedding planner and found I Do events. We met with Lorell 2 years out from our wedding date. I had quite a bit already planned so meetings were a breeze! it starts with meetings every few months, to once a month when we were about 1 year to 6 months out.
    When I tell you she is the best, I am not making anything up. She gave great advice, never made me feel like my ideas were ridiculous, and kept me on track. I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. From my meetings with her, we found my DJ and photographer. They had all worked together before, which was a plus for me, knowing that they liked each other and knew how to work within each other's schedules.
    Lorell and Jordan made sure our day went off without a hitch, I told them that I would be calling them for ALL my events because they were just so amazing. As I say goodbye to her as my wedding planner, I say, "Hey Girl!" to a friend and coordinator for my other events.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Rebecca · Married on 03/04/2017

Our wedding venue recommended we book Lorell and i do Events, and I'm so grateful that we did! Her service was worth every penny and more! Since this is my first wedding and I have no family in state, Lorell became my go-to gal for any wedding-related questions. She shared her professional experience with us throughout the wedding preparation process, coordinated our rehearsal for us, and took care of every detail on the big day so we could concentrate on just having fun! We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without Lorell, and I highly recommend her to anyone and everyone planning their big day.

Sent on 03/26/2017

amanda · Married on 07/02/2016

Simply amazing. I could not have imagined our day without the help of Lorell. Worth her weight I'm gold! She took the stress out of the day, made it so my mom could relax and not worry about wedding set up and even got me my vows when at the last minute I realized I had forgotten them. If you want a stress free wedding day hire this gal. I cannot say enough about how thankful I am for her. She helped with all the fine details and really made everything come together.

Sent on 07/04/2016

Brittani · Married on 06/18/2016

Lorell was the best decision I ever made in my wedding planning adventure! I booked her about two years before my wedding date which I was thankful for while I was in school.

Over the two years it became clear that she is not just your wedding planner, but also your therapist, activist, and best friend. I don't know how many times I would go into a meeting with her completely stressed and walk out completely relaxed. One of the things I loved most about her is that she was honest. She didn't try and push the most expensive vendors, flowers, etc. on you. She gave you multiple options and let you choose what was best for you and your fiancé.

On our wedding day I gave her the freedom to do whatever she wanted with the decorations I bought and it turned out better than I had envisioned! Everything ran smoothly and it was a beautiful day with no stress at all! She did great keeping all the wild groomsmen in line on the wedding day and the rehearsal dinner. I highly recommend her services!! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Angela · Married on 06/02/2016

If I could give i do Events an additional star for value and quality of service, I absolutely would. First, Lorell is one of the most professional and straightforward in terms of getting through a to-do list. She's clear in her communication and doesn't hesitate to get things done. And while those are all wonderful traits, particularly for planning a wedding, it's really her above and beyond commitment that has always left me in awe. I vividly remember waking up the day after our wedding and looking down from our suite and there she was. No one else was around and she was organizing and tidying up the reception site. She truly made our day easy. And everything was so beautiful. I can only end this review with a "Quyanaqpak" which in Inupiat means "thank you very much" - you made the whole experience better than we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 12/04/2016