I AM SARAH V Photography Reviews

39 Reviews for I AM SARAH V Photography

39 I AM SARAH V Photography Reviews

PAULA · Getting married on 08/18/2019

Extraordinarily beautiful photography

My husband & I completely fell in love with Sarah V (and her awesome husband/second shooter Oscar).
    First and foremost Sarah’s photos are absolutely incredible!!!
    So much so, that the photograph she so skillfully captured of us exiting the church in complete wedded bliss - won a gold award in the international wedding photojournalist association contest!
    Each and every photo from her was extraordinarily beautiful. She captured every special moment of our day (some that we knew of and some that we didn’t even know about but were delighted to see afterwards - ie my family taking shots as I was getting ready).
    Most importantly, Sarah came in like a member of our family. She put us at ease immediately and spoke our language of warmth, humor and love right away. I felt like my best friend was behind the camera. Feeling all the bridal pressures to have everything go smoothly while trying to look your best on a minute by minute timeline can be anxiety inducing but Sarah lifted me up, cheered me on and gave me all the good vibes I didn’t know I needed.
    She and Oscar were an enormous part of the day and we couldn’t be happier to have partnered with them on this momentous day in our lives.
    We are eternally grateful that Sarah flexed her skills on us and we hope to work with her again on our next celebration.
    If you’re looking for a photographer who can capture magic in an image, look no further - holla at Sarah V.

I AM SARAH V Photography 1

Brianna · Married on 09/15/2018

Just WOW...

We LOVED everything about Sarah and Oscar and feel so lucky to have found them! Sarah was a calming presence throughout the entire day and managed to get gorgeous shots while making us feel relaxed and encouraging us to have fun. While we didn't have the chance to meet Sarah in person prior to the wedding, she sent us a few fun questionnaires to get to know my husband and I better. On the big day, we felt like she was just another friend at the wedding (with an insane talent for photography.) Because of this, our photos definitely aren't your average posed wedding photos and instead are more in-the-moment snapshots that help us relive all the emotion, love and joy of the day. While our wedding weather was foggier than anticipated, Sarah improvised and instead of a sunset photo session like we'd planned, Sarah and Oscar set up some cool lighted night shots outside our resort. Sarah delivered the final gallery even sooner than expected and prefaced it with a thoughtful blog post summarizing the big day. Sarah books up fast so don't hesitate to give her a call!!

• M.A.F.

Allie · Married on 10/07/2017

Sarah and her husband Oscar were truly wonderful to work with, start to finish, and we ended up with the most amazing and heartfelt images from what was honestly the best day of our lives. Sarah was SO easy to contact, meet (she met with us in her studio and never batted an eye at our 100 questions), book and stay in touch with. She sent us sweet little tips and letters in the mail along our long engagement. When the wedding day got closer, we were able to use her super easy online forms to talk all about our day and what sort of photos we wanted, and Sarah made a very effective and easy day-of timeline that I was able to follow, give to our wedding party, our venue and all our other vendors. At the last minute, we had lots of questions about how flash might affect a family member and Sarah went out of her way to do and present research to us on how she could be accommodating. We received our photos earlier than expected and were blown away at the quality. They truly make us feel like we are reliving our day when we look at them. Thank you again Sarah and Oscar--oh, and thanks for being fun, awesome people who kept us feeling at ease.

Sage · Married on 09/23/2017

I truly cannot say enough nice things about Sarah and her husband Oscar. My (now!) husband and I absolutely loved working with them. I first met Sarah at our engagement photo shoot last November and I could not wait to see her again during our wedding. She does amazing work and is absolutely fabulous at making someone who hates photos (me) feel comfortable and confident. Not only are they great at what they do but they are amazing humans. They are fun to be around and you don't want them to leave! Sarah and Oscar also did an amazing job at blending in and taking candid shots during the reception - I didn't even feel like I had a camera in my face all night which is exactly what I wanted. I cannot wait to see the final shots but I know they will be perfect.

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

My husband and I had a clear vision for how we wanted our wedding photos to look – candid, full of color and light, and capturing our family and friends in a unique way. When we found Sarah’s website, we knew we had to have her and we were so lucky that she was available for our August wedding. We were excited after speaking with Sarah because not only were her photos beautiful, but she was super down to earth and friendly. She was genuinely interested in us as a couple and learning about our wedding plans. She made the planning process fun and stress free, checking in often, answering any questions that came up, and sending us thoughtful notes in the mail.

When Sarah and Oscar showed up on our wedding day, I felt like I had known them forever. They were so calm, super flexible, and put me at ease. Sarah had a timeline that we had worked out, which as a crazy planner I loved, but she also allowed for spontaneous photos and the expected running behind of schedules. Honestly, we had a blast with Sarah and Oscar. They made the whole experience so fun. Being in front of a camera isn’t the most natural thing but they did everything to make it enjoyable. They found the most awesome locations on the property to take photos. Our wedding pictures 100% capture my husband and I and all of our family and friends. Sarah and Oscar did an incredible job and we couldn’t be happier with the photos that we have to look back on. I have a lot of friends who say they got a handful of great photos from their wedding but we have hundreds! There is no one better!

Tara · Married on 05/06/2017

Sarah was such a wonderful part of our wedding experience! From the pre-wedding phone conversations to the day-of photo session, Sarah made us feel comfortable and relaxed, which ended in amazing photographs of our day. She braved the rain and wind as a photojournalist would but has the eye of an artist and captured the wonderful stormy, foggy, bruminous day we had for our elopment. We HIGHLY recommend Sarah for any of your special event photography.

Jacqueline · Married on 10/21/2016

Sarah was seriously incredible! She was always quick to respond and was so warm and funny from the first phone call. She was so flexible and didn't seem phased by my hectic, ever-changing wedding schedule. She took great photos that really captured the feeling and energy of the day. Nothing was too posed or forced, she really took the time to understand what we were looking for and the vibe we wanted. Now I just have to find an excuse to work with her again!

pam · Married on 10/09/2016

Safe to say my husband and I were more excited to see Sarah on our wedding day than to see each other. From the very first conversation, she swept my husband away with her philosophy on capture "your first official day as a family of two!" I found myself emailing her just to chat sometimes. She seamlessly integrated into our day, capturing the absolute best moments, not just of us, but of our guests having the best time. Our family and friends were blown away by the pictures. She used the best of our changing weather to create amazing backdrops for us, offering a lot of variety. She was quick on her feet, and willing to get down (like, in a stream, under a bridge down) and dirty whenever the inspiration struck. I've had strangers ask me for a link to our feature on her wedding blog because they "heard about those amazing wedding pictures!" We are in love with our photos, and with Sarah and Oscar.

Andrea · Married on 10/01/2016

Sarah and her husband Oscar are the sweetest, most talented photographers!! We worked with them for our wedding day this past October and we could not have been happier with them! Sarah responds soo quickly to emails, is very prompt, and made us feel more than comfortable. We aren't really big photo people so to say that we felt more than comfortable having our picture taken again and again, really is saying a lot, trust me!! :) Our guests loved them and we're still getting asked for their contact info to this day! We highly recommend them, from the bottom of our hearts!!

• Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/10/2016

We LOVED working with Sarah. She was just amazing, from planning up through the wedding day and beyond, we're so glad that she was a part of it! We live out of state, so we didn't meet Sarah (and Oscar) until the wedding day, yet she still managed to make us feel like she really cared about how our planning was going, and like she was as excited for our wedding as we were. She was very quick to respond whenever we did have questions (including questions unrelated to photography - she gave me an awesome hair salon recommendation for my bridal-do!), and would reach out to touch base before we even realized we did have questions.
    We were pleasantly surprised when our photos were ready even earlier than we'd expected, and to say they're stunning is an understatement. Her blog post with some early photos made us (and our friends and family) laugh and cry; when the full gallery was ready, more laughter, more happy tears. The formal shots are amazing, I don't know how we're going to choose which ones to display. Looking through the reception photos made us so happy -- seeing all of our loved ones having so much fun -- everything goes by so quickly that you miss so much, and we were able to experience even more through the photos. Whether they're superhuman or trained ninjas, I don't know, but some of the pictures make me wonder how they managed to be everywhere at once, or how they (apparently) were right next to me and I didn't even know it, but they captured so many amazing moments!!

Brean · Married on 09/04/2016

I AM SARAH V Photography captured our day in the most beautiful way and I would recommend her to any bride or groom! She came recommended to us by another photographer (which is saying a lot already!) and from our first contact with her all the way through the planning process to our actual wedding day, working with her was such a joy. Sarah is crazy talented, professional, thoughtful and so helpful. She truly prioritized getting to know me and my now husband to make sure that she'd be a good match as our photographer, and to be sure she got the shots that really captured who we are as a couple and what we wanted our wedding day to feel like. Her professionalism and organizing everything from our timeline, to the different settings we wanted for pictures, and the various groups of people we wanted formal group pictures with, kept the day moving flawlessly. In the end, Sarah and Oscar gave us (and our families) breathtaking, intimate photos to look back on and remember our day. We are so happy we made the decision to work with her and can't recommend her enough!

Rachel · Married on 08/27/2016

It's hard to put into words how awesome Sarah is! From our very first conversation on the phone I knew she was the one I wanted to spend so much time with on our wedding day. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable at our engagement photo shoot and we were so excited to work with her on our wedding day! My husband and I don't like our pictures being taken but sarah made the whole experience better by laughing with us and constantly complementing us. She planned our whole wedding day perfectly and took so much stress off of us because she is so laid back and easy going. Her husband was so awesome too and I'm so glad I got to know both of them! And not to mention her pictures are BEAUTIFUL and she did such an AMAZING job! I printed and framed so many of them and constantly get compliments on them. I would work with Sarah again any day and I'm so glad I got to know her!

Anna · Married on 07/16/2016

Sarah was a rare find - we were SO happy with her as our photographer! Her eye for gorgeous photos, her professionalism, her organizational skills, her communication style, and her warm, loving personality were just a few of the reasons we were smitten with her. She made the experience stress-free and fun, and was incredibly flexible to accommodate our unique needs. I'd hire her and again and again for wedding stuff - she's truly amazing!!!

Jen · Married on 05/29/2016

We could not be happier with Sarah V and our wedding photos! Sarah was such a pleasure to work with, we feel so lucky to have found her to capture our special day! Sarah was extremely responsive prior to the wedding. She worked with us to set up a timeline for the wedding day outlining the photos we could expect to take while giving us a chance to add any other shots we'd like to have. Sarah was very professional throughout the entire wedding. Her easy going personality helped everyone around her feel relaxed and she and her second shooter, Kyle, captured AMAZING shots! Our family and friends are also impressed by Sarah's work and awesome personality. My husband and I couldn't be happier, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND Sarah V to any couple in the NH/Maine area especially those of you seeking a photographer who can capture the outdoors beautifully. We will cherish these memories for years to come!!

Liza · Married on 10/31/2015

Sarah captured our wedding day beautifully! Whenever I look at our wedding photos, I am instantly taken back to that special day. The ability to capture the energy and emotion within each moment is the gift that a truly talented photographer possesses. Sarah was wonderful throughout the entire process, helping us to create a timeline and putting us at ease on a day that could have potentially been stressful. Even when we needed help figuring out how to properly tie my gown, she was there to save the day (thanks, Sarah!) Sarah is not only warm, genuine and fun but she is also a true professional.
    Out of anything you may purchase for your wedding, I believe spending the money on a great photographer is the most important and is so invaluable! You can’t put a price on capturing the beauty and essence of the most important moment of your life and I cannot recommend Sarah enough to be the person to capture your special day!
    Sarah you’re the best, and we are so thankful to have had you there with us! 

Amber · Married on 10/23/2015

Sarah was an amazing photographer. She truly captured the joy and happiness of our elopement.

Samantha · Married on 10/11/2015

Sarah is absolutely incredible! We had an intimate elopement and only met her two weeks before our wedding day. So thankful she was our photographer. We got married on a sailboat, and she rocked it! Sarah made me feel so comfortable the entire time and created beautiful images we will cherish forever!

Melanie · Married on 09/12/2015

I cannot stop talking about how amazing Sarah is and how wonderful it was to have her as our photographer. From our first email exchange, I knew I wanted Sarah to be our photographer. She has this amazing, fun-loving and caring personality and that is exactly the kind of person you want in the trenches on your wedding day. We had the best time taking photos during our engagement shoot, and of course the photos came out beautifully. This only made us more excited for what Sarah would capture at the wedding. By the time the wedding rolled around, Sarah felt like an old friend. In the months leading up, she was attentive and brought things to our attention we would have never thought of. Additionally, she came up with the perfect schedule for our wedding day. Almost everyone I spoke to after the wedding noted how great, unobtrusive, and nice she and Oscar were throughout the day. Not only were they pleasant to work with, the photos are absolutely gorgeous. Your wedding is one of the most intimate days of your life and Matt and I felt so comfortable hanging with Sarah and her husband Oscar before and after the wedding. That comfort is important, because it allows you and your partner to act naturally with one another. You can tell from our photos that there is no awkwardness, only love. And that is what Sarah does, she captures your love in a way that few photographers can, because she takes the time to get to know you. Just look at her blog and see the beautiful (and unique) things she writes about all the couples she works with during their major life events. It is almost hard to put into words how grateful I am that we got to work with her. We will treasure the photos she and Oscar took for the rest of our lives. If you have the opportunity to work with Sarah, grab it! You will not be disappointed. And definitely invest in an album, we will treasure ours forever!

Chelsae · Married on 09/05/2015

I planned a wedding in Bar Harbor, Maine from across the country. I actually contacted a Bar Harbor photographer first, but she was booked and sent me the names of several photographers that she knew did Bar Harbor weddings. Sarah V's website stood out from the others, and I immediately knew I had found the perfect photographer. She was incredibly helpful answering all my questions and going over the contract. And, even though I booked her about 10 months before my wedding date and was across the country from her, she did a great job keeping in touch, sending me sweet notes, and going over details for the big day. She was nice enough to come to Bar Harbor a few days before the wedding, so we could meet face to face . I felt like I already knew Sarah, and she immediately put my husband at ease about the big day. And, Sarah and her husband Oscar were perfect on our wedding day. We genuinely enjoyed hanging out with them. My husband actually says that his favorite part of our wedding day was doing a photo shoot with Sarah and Oscar down along the water (yes, really). My parents also raved about spending the day Sarah and Oscar--and this was before we even saw the incredible photos! Sarah turned the photos around very quickly--I actually think we had all of them about a month after the wedding, and we had sneak peeks and a blog post even sooner. The photos are unbelievable. They caught the spirit of the day perfectly, and we could not be happier with them.

So, to sum it up, I would absolutely pick Sarah again and would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone!

• ingreenink

Jordan · Married on 08/29/2015

We met Sarah last November on the date of our freezing cold engagement shoot (part of our wedding package) and we became friends instantly. Despite the low temps and high coastal winds she was totally game for hanging out around town and taking gorgeous pictures of us while we enjoyed silly stuff like play grounds and leaf fights! It didn't even take that long for us to realize that Sarah was the photographer for us though. From the moment we started e-mailing I instantly felt like she was the best fit. Not only was she super quick to respond and answer any questions we had, her fun and quirky personality fit so well with ours, and as I said before, it was easy to become fast friends! Aside from Sarah and her husband Oscar being wonderful people, they are also incredibly talented photographers. I am probably partial, but I have never seen photos that captured all of the beautiful, loving, and sometimes messy moments that go along with a wedding like the ones Sarah and Oscar gave us. The photos and the friendship are more than we could ever have asked for and we could not recommend Sarah more!

Sent on 10/14/2015

I AM SARAH V Photography's reply:

Holy crap this is all so nice and makes me feel like squeezing you super tight!! Thank you for having us be a part of your day and for being the amazing people you are. I love that our "business" relationship has turned into one of being genuine friends, you two are incredible. Like I said from day one of communicating with you, you two are bad ass and I am honored you had me photograph your day. Much love to you!! Tacos and game night soon!

Bethany · Married on 08/22/2015

Sarah did an amazing job photographing our August 2015 wedding. We couldn’t be happier with how our pictures turned out and they were just what we were hoping for. We have gotten tons of compliments on the unique style, popping color, and precious moments that were perfectly captured. Many thanks to Sarah and Oscar!

Sent on 01/21/2016

I AM SARAH V Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Bethany! I love the photos we got of your day; there was so much love and joy that it was hard to not have photos that reflected that. So happy to hear that your photos captured your day in the way you hoped, we were so happy to be a part of it all!

kellie · Married on 08/09/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough good about Sarah V. She was honestly the best part of our wedding day! She was accommodating, flexible, attentive, excited and invested for every single minute of the 4 hours we had her. The pictures she captured were pure gold, and she somehow managed to tell the whole story of our wedding perfectly. Based on our experience with her leading up to the wedding, the fun that we had with her (and Oscar!) on our wedding day, and the superb product that she turned out for us, we would suggest you look no further! I AM SARAH V Photography is the best there is!

Overall, Sarah V. was an amazing, wonderful addition to our day!! She put us completely at ease about the event, timelines, and getting the shots even though we were planning our wedding from across the country. She made her way to Kennebunkport, Maine to capture our celebration, and when she was done we begged her not to leave us because she fit in so well with our friends and family and made the formal family photos such a breeze! She was responsive, professional, and just plain fun to talk to before and after the wedding, and we couldn't be more pleased with how our pictures turned out. Thank you Sarah V.!!!

xo - Sean & Amanda

Marc · Married on 06/13/2015

I honestly can't imagine hiring a photographer besides Sarah V after she captured our wedding the way she did. The photos were beautiful, she let us be ourselves, she genuinely cared about how we felt about our day, and the results show in the pictures themselves -- and that's what you want, right?

If you have the chance to hire her for your own wedding and don't, you're missing out.

Danielle · Married on 12/13/2014

I absolutely love Sarah! Her photography was amazing and she was amazing. She absolutely captured our elopement day with a three hour shoot and she hit all the details and made them look flawless. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone and already have! I also felt the price we paid for her services was fantastic. Every penny spent on her was worth and on top of that her price was absolutely reasonable!

Sent on 01/11/2015

I AM SARAH V Photography's reply:

Thank you, Danielle! Your Portsmouth winter elopement was perfect with some giant snowflakes while you said your "I do" to your guy and then some chilly waterside pictures - you two were such troopers!! I'm so happy you have great memories of working with me and that your pictures show your glorious day for all of the awesome-ness it was.